PDA

View Full Version : Amateur: More overrated: Kawhi Leonard or Derek Jeter?

AlexJones
08-05-2019, 11:33 AM
Tough one imo

MultiTroll
08-05-2019, 11:47 AM
Dork Nowvitski

R. DeMurre
08-05-2019, 12:12 PM
How strange that a person named Alex Jones would do something silly to get attention.

Chucho
08-05-2019, 12:15 PM
I ran this query through a super-powered, ultra expensive CPU that NASA uses to defeat Commie Russians in Chess and the answer was Kobe Bryant.

Arcadian
08-05-2019, 12:19 PM
Derek Cheater

dbreiden83080
08-05-2019, 12:50 PM
Uh neither one I guess..

dbreiden83080
08-05-2019, 01:26 PM
And how is Jeter overrated exactly? I watched his whole career, and nobody ever said he was the best player in Baseball. He never won a league MVP. He played a long time, compiled a lot of hits, and won WS rings with the Yanks. He was a great playoff player. And a winner. You put him on the all Yankee team, but he is obviously not the best all time Yankee. He is rated where he should be..

phxspurfan
08-05-2019, 04:21 PM
Jeter wasn't that overrated. He was clutch and the face of the Yankees for a decade, during their glory days when they won a lot. But everyone knew he wasn't as good as guys like A-Roid.

lefty
08-05-2019, 05:11 PM
Kawhi is an actual athlete

Mark Celibate
08-05-2019, 05:15 PM
And how is Jeter overrated exactly? I watched his whole career, and nobody ever said he was the best player in Baseball. He never won a league MVP. He played a long time, compiled a lot of hits, and won WS rings with the Yanks. He was a great playoff player. And a winner. You put him on the all Yankee team, but he is obviously not the best all time Yankee. He is rated where he should be..

ya, at the time I thought he was overrated since he never put up crazy numbers in an individual season but he was a damn good player when it was all said and done. .310 career batting average, you won't see many guys in the modern era top that for a career when playing that long. That's right there with Ichiro for their entire careers

imho Jeter's probably underrated since he was likely clean in the steroid era where guys would have huge numbers one season and then completely fall off the next.

midnightpulp
08-05-2019, 05:59 PM
Derek Jeter better compares to Kirby. Both 5 time champs who were very good players and perceived as the best players on their team, but where advanced metrics reveal they were just "all star level" for the majority of their careers rather than transcendent superstar players.

midnightpulp
08-05-2019, 06:02 PM

UncleDennisball isn't a sport.

LkrFan
08-05-2019, 06:17 PM
Derek Jeter better compares to Kirby. Both 5 time champs who were very good players and perceived as the best players on their team, but where advanced metrics reveal they were just "all star level" for the majority of their careers rather than transcendent superstar players.

^ can't let Kobe go. :cry

midnightpulp
08-05-2019, 06:24 PM
^ can't let Kobe go. :cry

No. I just can't think of a more even comparison. Both 5 time champs that played in the same eras. And I honestly respect Kobe ball a hell of a lot more than modern chuckball. Sure, Kobe had many of those 10-30 nights, but at least his "chucking" came from midpost play, which takes significantly more skill to do than come off a pick and chuck.

baseline bum
08-05-2019, 06:28 PM

Jeter wins just for banging prime Jessica Alba

Chris
08-05-2019, 06:28 PM
Jeter gave a lot of people herpes though.

lefty
08-05-2019, 07:18 PM
Jeter wins just for banging prime Jessica Alba
I’ll give him that

Jeter gave a lot of people herpes though.

That too

Spurtacular
08-05-2019, 07:59 PM

Agree with this. Still deciding if I think Kawhi isn't more over-rated though.

RGMCSE
08-06-2019, 12:43 PM
forget about quitter but I’ve always believed Derek jeter to be the most over rated player ever. Derek was a good player but damn the stardom he achieved was the most grossly overhyped bs I’ve ever seen. It was all because of the New York market. The truth is he had a few clutch hits and a few memorable plays on the field namely the backflip home plate play against the Oakland As. But the unfiltered truth is that Derek was a post season bust.

Spurtacular
08-06-2019, 10:10 PM
But the unfiltered truth is that Derek was a post season bust.

His playoff stats virtually mirror his regular season stats.

RGMCSE
08-06-2019, 11:03 PM
His playoff stats virtually mirror his regular season stats.

Maybe your right. I’m just going off of mental recollection and it seemed he had a pretty average batting average.

DMC
08-06-2019, 11:14 PM
Jeter? No, it was a first date!

apalisoc_9
08-06-2019, 11:14 PM
UncleDennisball isn't a sport.

Best player in the world breh

DMC
08-06-2019, 11:16 PM
Kobe was a transcendent superstar in his prime. His flaw isn't his lack of talent. His flaw is that he chose self over team/family time and again. Everyone but love struck Kobestans saw this and abhorred it.

Spurtacular
08-07-2019, 12:00 AM
Maybe your right. I’m just going off of mental recollection and it seemed he had a pretty average batting average.

Perhaps he had some lackluster performances that might've stuck out in your mind. Most times he wasn't exactly the best hitter on the team.

Spurtacular
08-07-2019, 12:01 AM
Kobe was a transcendent superstar in his prime. His flaw isn't his lack of talent. His flaw is that he chose self over team/family time and again. Everyone but love struck Kobestans saw this and abhorred it.

Kobe came with Koberefs. If shit was a level playing field and rings weren't being given, then it may have been a different story.