PDA

View Full Version : The Spurs are the only team with a winning record against all franchises

R. DeMurre
08-06-2019, 04:20 PM
https://hoopshype.com/2019/08/05/spurs-winning-record/?utm_source=smg&utm_medium=wasabi&utm_content=home-latest-news

Atl Spur
08-06-2019, 04:37 PM
And yet we whine!!!!

Dex
08-06-2019, 05:07 PM
And yet we whine!!!!

Haven't you heard? Pop is a senile old racist, Parker and Ginobili were carried by Duncan, the front office is mentally challenged, and the team will be moved to St. Louis in a couple years.

Oh, and wombat something something.

BillMc
08-06-2019, 05:21 PM
We're all spoiled tbh.

exstatic
08-06-2019, 05:33 PM
Haven't you heard? Pop is a senile old racist, Parker and Ginobili were carried by Duncan, the front office is mentally challenged, and the team will be moved to St. Louis in a couple years.

/thread :lol

r0drig0lac
08-06-2019, 05:33 PM
old but gold

FkLA
08-06-2019, 05:55 PM

I was with you until the Wombat part. Pop's soft spot for Wombat literally cost the Spurs a playoff series.

MultiTroll
08-06-2019, 06:05 PM
Incredible record.

MultiTroll
08-06-2019, 06:06 PM
I was with you until the Wombat part. Pop's soft spot for Wombat literally cost the Spurs a playoff series.
This.
Oh and Pop is senile.

Dex
08-06-2019, 06:12 PM

Somehow, I'm pretty sure the franchise will survive a Game 7 loss to the Nuggets.

The point of this thread is to look at the forest, but you are still stuck bitching about a tree.

exstatic
08-06-2019, 06:29 PM
If I were a fan of another team, the Spurs would piss me off. Their success must be maddening to other fans, who's team's front offices couldn't find their asses with two hands and a flashlight.

When I started serious fandom, the Spurs were 3rd all time in RS win percentage, behind the Lakers and the Celtics. Since that time, LA won 5 titles, and Boston one. Doesn't matter. We've overtaken both teams, and are the all time winningest (by %) NBA franchise. If Duncan is Old Man Riverwalk, the Spurs are the river itself.

timtonymanu
08-06-2019, 06:44 PM
And yet we whine!!!!

Big difference between whining and actually being critical of some of their decisions, PATFO has never been perfect. Plus we got Duncan to thank for this kind of success. Some really took him for granted.

cool cat
08-06-2019, 07:16 PM
I think one of our most impressive stats is only missing the playoffs 4 times in franchise history.

DAF86
08-06-2019, 07:17 PM
Somehow, I'm pretty sure the franchise will survive a Game 7 loss to the Nuggets.

The point of this thread is to look at the forest, but you are still stuck bitching about a tree.

Your mistake is thinking the people that bitch about the tree don't consider the forest. You act as if making fair criticism of PATFO for particular things somehow means we want them fired, when that isn't the case.

FkLA is on record saying Pop is the GOAT. That doesn't mean he can't express his opinion when he thinks Pop could have done things better. That's how a healthy fan acts: criticising when criticism is warranted, and giving props when they need to be given. It's the extremes in boths ends that need to check their behaviour, tbh.

Dex
08-06-2019, 07:38 PM
Big difference between whining and actually being critical of some of their decisions, PATFO has never been perfect. Plus we got Duncan to thank for this kind of success. Some really took him for granted.

Your mistake is thinking the people that bitch about the tree don't consider the forest. You act as if making fair criticism of PATFO for particular things somehow means we want them fired, when that isn't the case.

FkLA is on record saying Pop is the GOAT. That doesn't mean he can't express his opinion when he thinks Pop could have done things better. That's how a healthy fan acts: criticising when criticism is warranted, and giving props when they need to be given. It's the extremes in boths ends that need to check their behaviour, tbh.

Nobody is perfect.

Yes, PATFO makes mistakes.

Yes, Mills is overpaid and shit the bed in the playoffs last year (although people still bitch about Pop overplaying him in Game 7 even though he finished with a team-leading +7 while White and Forbes finished -9 and -11 and looked completely overwhelmed by the moment).

That's sports. You aren't going to win every game, let alone win a championship every year. Most teams are lucky to win a championship in a decade.

Yet somehow, the Spurs are tied with the Lakers for the most titles in 20 years, have a winning record against every single NBA franchise, and are one of the most successful franchises in all American sports.

I'm fine with people giving criticism where it's due. What I don't appreciate is people who freak out over frivolous shit when fans of most other teams would kill to have a taste of the success the Spurs have had.

FkLA
08-06-2019, 07:39 PM

FkLA (https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=17213) is on record saying Pop is the GOAT. That doesn't mean he can't express his opinion when he thinks Pop could have done things better. That's how a healthy fan acts: criticising when criticism is warranted, and giving props when they need to be given. It's the extremes in boths ends that need to check their behaviour, tbh.

standingovation.gif

ZeusWillJudge
08-06-2019, 08:35 PM
I think people are complaining because the Spurs only had a winning record against 11 teams this past season, and 13 the season before. It's kind of amazing that they made the playoffs.

The two seasons before that, they had a winning record against 21 teams and 20 teams, respectively. People didn't whine then. Okay, yes they did.

Chris
08-06-2019, 08:42 PM
Pop wants some nasty.

FkLA
08-06-2019, 09:34 PM
Yes, Mills is overpaid and shit the bed in the playoffs last year (although people still bitch about Pop overplaying him in Game 7 even though he finished with a team-leading +7 while White and Forbes finished -9 and -11 and looked completely overwhelmed by the moment).

https://media1.tenor.com/images/74c55b4c1d203c3fb16b10257eb81caa/tenor.gif?itemid=5564465

Biggems
08-06-2019, 11:10 PM
I think one of our most impressive stats is only missing the playoffs 4 times in franchise history.

Only 6 losing seasons since joining the NBA, 2 .500 seasons, all the rest are winning seasons. Only 1 losing season since DRob came to town in 89/90.

Dex
08-06-2019, 11:11 PM
https://media1.tenor.com/images/74c55b4c1d203c3fb16b10257eb81caa/tenor.gif?itemid=5564465

Yeah, I know that facts are hard to swallow.

ZeusWillJudge
08-06-2019, 11:30 PM
Yeah, I know that facts are hard to swallow.

Yes, the +/- numbers are fact. What is also fact is that they don't mean shit about how any individual played. Kawhi was -14, -2, and -2 in three of the six Finals games this season, and won FMVP.

Don't try to use +/- to justify Patty Mills. Anyone, really, but especially not Patty.

Atl Spur
08-06-2019, 11:35 PM
Some of you guys are to smart for your own good:) enjoy your teams success and stop acting like privilege divas! We will Make The NBA Great Again....... or something like that.

Atl Spur
08-06-2019, 11:38 PM
And May God Bless El Paso! Much respect.........

spurs10
08-06-2019, 11:43 PM

The point of this thread is to look at the forest, but you are still stuck bitching about a tree. Yeah Patty had everything to do with scoring ...what was it?...6 points in 9 minutes of the 1st quarter. :smokin

spurs10
08-06-2019, 11:43 PM
And May God Bless El Paso! Much respect......... Yes sir.

John B
08-07-2019, 12:38 AM
Would’ve continued dominance if not for Load Management. But I’m excited over Murray, White, Lonnie, Keldon, Luka, Poeltl and QDary. I think will get a chance to ring up.

timtonymanu
08-07-2019, 01:03 AM
Some of you guys are to smart for your own good:) enjoy your teams success and stop acting like privilege divas! We will Make The NBA Great Again....... or something like that.

shut up faggot

Maddog
08-07-2019, 06:58 AM
Only 6 losing seasons since joining the NBA, 2 .500 seasons, all the rest are winning seasons. Only 1 losing season since DRob came to town in 89/90.

Spurs have been to the conference finals 14 times since joining the NBA. While Duncan is far and away the one to thank, the Spurs actually went to the conference finals 5 times without him.
All this from a small market.

How many teams significantly outside the top 10 metro areas have won a title since 1980?
Spurs and Cavs.

Brazil
08-07-2019, 09:37 AM
now that's a crazy stats... seeing the celtics have a winning record against everybody except the spurs and the lakers the same except spurs and celtics is mind blowing tbh

exstatic
08-07-2019, 10:15 AM
now that's a crazy stats... seeing the celtics have a winning record against everybody except the spurs and the lakers the same except spurs and celtics is mind blowing tbh

I only wish Red Auerbach was still alive to see this. He was against folding in the surviving ABA teams into the NBA. Said they weren't good enough. In the inaugural merger season, two of the four ABA teams made the playoffs, after the Nets were force to sell Dr. J's contract to pay the extortion/relocation fee to the fucking Knicks. 5 of the 10 All-Star starters and 10 of the 24 All-Star participants were former ABA players, and former ABA players filled 4 of the 10 slots on the All-NBA first and second teams. Five former ABA players competed in the NBA Finals: the Philadelphia 76ers' Julius Erving, George McGinnis and Caldwell Jones, and the Portland Trail Blazers' Maurice Lucas and Dave Twardzik.

Three out of four of the ABA survivors have made the NBA Finals over the years.

Atl Spur
08-07-2019, 11:02 AM
shut up faggot

There there......calm down and stop acting bitchy! What about the statement made you so butt hurt? Obviously you need someone to talk to :)

apalisoc_9
08-07-2019, 12:28 PM
Yes..lets celebrate past accomplishments instead of focusing on the current situation of the spurs.

Lets drug ourselves with the past so we can forget about all the PATFO mistakes of the present

Typical spursfan.

Facts

PATFO sucked the last 5 years
PATFO caused Leoanrd to leave
PATFO signed Pau and Mills

But but we're the winningest franchise ever.

Brazil
08-07-2019, 12:35 PM
Yes..lets celebrate past accomplishments instead of focusing on the current situation of the spurs.

Lets drug ourselves with the past so we can forget about all the PATFO mistakes of the present

Typical spursfan.

Facts

wtf bro.. I thought you were supposed to root against Leonard if he signed with another team after his ring with Toronto

Last 5 years, Spurs has winning record, made the POs and Leonard fucked the franchise to go to the clippers

and yes Spurs are the winningest franchise ever

oh and fuck Leonard.. biggest pos of the NBA by far

Dex
08-07-2019, 01:10 PM

Typical spursfan.

Facts

Yeah, it sucks being loaded with young talent and being competitive while still rebuilding. PATFO is a bunch of jabronis.

And yeah, I'm sure it's Pop's fault that he couldn't convince Leonard to stay when it's obvious at this point that he was going to LA no matter what. Toronto is a better city, rolled out the red carpet for Leonard and let him do whatever the hell he wanted, and put him in a position to ring...and he still bolted as soon as the door was open.

Frankly, the current state of the Spurs isn't as dire as the trolls want to make it out to be. In before people start suggesting we should tank for 5 years just to end up in the same position we are currently in.

Roscoe P. Coltrane
08-07-2019, 03:04 PM

Oh, and wombat something something.It's Seattle not St. Luis.

Drom John
08-07-2019, 03:37 PM
It's Seattle not St. Luis.

Vegas Baby.

apalisoc_9
08-07-2019, 03:38 PM
wtf bro.. I thought you were supposed to root against Leonard if he signed with another team after his ring with Toronto

Last 5 years, Spurs has winning record, made the POs and Leonard fucked the franchise to go to the clippers

and yes Spurs are the winningest franchise ever

oh and fuck Leonard.. biggest pos of the NBA by far

I dislike Leonard but i dislike Last 4 years PATFO even more.

Fuck PATFO

Dex
08-07-2019, 03:41 PM
It's Seattle not St. Luis.

After Seattle cheered for Duncan getting hurt, they don't deserve a team, tbh.

Same goes for Toronto.

Either way, it doesn't matter because they won't move one of the most successful franchises in the NBA just because a few malcontents on an online message board say it so.

There are probably 6-8 teams who would get moved before the Spurs were even up on the docket.

Atl Spur
08-07-2019, 04:39 PM
Are we really debating obvious excellence? Not past but current excellence..... we can’t win the chip every year:) I’m sure you guys don’t hold yourselves to these ridiculous standards in your personal lives! ��������

Biggems
08-07-2019, 09:11 PM
Only ABA team with OBriens blingin up the trophy case