PDA

View Full Version : Derrick versus DeMar

itzsoweezee
08-09-2019, 04:57 PM
Which one of these scenarios would more likely be true regarding last season:

1. White misses the entire season, DeMar plays the entire season, the Spurs make the playoffs.

2. White plays the entire season, DeMar misses the entire season, the Spurs make the playoffs.

Assume everything else about last season remained the same.

KDKSpurs24
08-09-2019, 05:03 PM
More likely? 1. Miss playoffs in both scenarios if we are being honest.

Allan Rowe vs Wade
08-09-2019, 05:08 PM
the fuck?

ismael-robert
08-09-2019, 05:18 PM
3. Its likely u need a life

DAF86
08-10-2019, 12:03 AM
White > DeRozan pretty clearly.

cjw
08-10-2019, 11:33 AM
Spurs don’t make playoffs if either of them miss last season.

/end

spurspl
08-10-2019, 12:13 PM
3. doesnt matter who plays cause we miss PO, DDR and LMA will be traded, pop retires, Tim main coach, we got top draft pick and in 3/4 yrs win a chip. Pray for it bc its the only way to be a contender again.

Chinook
08-10-2019, 12:50 PM
Spurs don’t make playoffs if either of them miss last season.

/end

Eh, Murray and Walker could improve enough to get in without White. Unless someone becomes a legit star, the team would struggle if DeRozan were out though. Before LMA got it together last year, DMDR was carrying the team.

Proxy
08-10-2019, 01:04 PM
it's a team sport

cjw
08-10-2019, 03:15 PM
Eh, Murray and Walker could improve enough to get in without White. Unless someone becomes a legit star, the team would struggle if DeRozan were out though. Before LMA got it together last year, DMDR was carrying the team.

OP was talking about last season, not this season. Murray was out for the year.

But agree on this season. Could still make it without one or the other given Murray being back + Walker being more seasoned.

TD 21
08-10-2019, 03:58 PM

They were a whopping 5 points per 100 possessions better with DeRozan off than on. They were also a similar caliber team to the previous season despite adding a supposed star while subtracing a cadre of role players (obviously not counting Scumbag since he made a mere cameo that season).

Even during his fast start, the only place DeRozan was "carrying" the team was into the tank. They were 11-14, minus 2-3 in point differential and suffering repeated 30 point beat downs. When their lone star began to look like one again and White returned, they not coincidentally righted the ship.

itzsoweezee
08-10-2019, 04:16 PM
They were a whopping 5 points per 100 possessions better with DeRozan off than on. They were also a similar caliber team to the previous season despite adding a supposed star while subtracing a cadre of role players (obviously not counting Scumbag since he made a mere cameo that season).

Even during his fast start, the only place DeRozan was "carrying" the team was into the tank. They were 11-14, minus 2-3 in point differential and suffering repeated 30 point beat downs. When their lone star began to look like one again and White returned, they not coincidentally righted the ship.

Yup. The Spurs clearly struggled the most when White was out. You'd figure a supposed all-star like Demar would've been able to carry the team during that time, but he couldn't. Not surprisingly, White had a much better +/-

Chinook
08-10-2019, 04:45 PM

You mean when DeRozan got help, they played better? Didn't know that.

TD 21
08-10-2019, 05:42 PM
You mean when DeRozan got help, they played better? Didn't know that.

No, I mean he couldn't be primarily responsible for propping them up for even 25 games, yet they basically took off after that despite his own play going in the tank not long after.

Chinook
08-10-2019, 06:26 PM
No, I mean he couldn't be primarily responsible for propping them up for even 25 games, yet they basically took off after that despite his own play going in the tank not long after.

Of course he could. He propped them up when they had no one else then fell off after the calvary came.

TD 21
08-10-2019, 07:02 PM
Of course he could. He propped them up when they had no one else then fell off after the calvary came.

I see you've become a CumDumpster impersonator . . .

the only place DeRozan was "carrying" the team was into the tank. They were 11-14, minus 2-3 in point differential and suffering repeated 30 point beat downs.

Chinook
08-10-2019, 09:08 PM
I see you've become a CumDumpster impersonator . . .

So they won 11 games with just DeRozan playing well. Sounds like he carried them. You think saying they were bad means he didn't carry them. It's not actually a rational position. They would have been even worse without him. They were better later when they got more healthy. Duh.

monty4329
08-11-2019, 11:50 AM
Let's see....DDR missing the entire season would have meant how many LESS turnovers/bricks on the last possession? At least 7.

A better question would be: with White healthy and DDR out the whole season, would have the Spurs made the CF?

Seventyniner
08-11-2019, 12:24 PM
There is a huge difference between these two things.

a. DeRozan isn't good enough to be the best player on a playoff team
b. DeRozan is a net negative and should be benched or cut

TD 21
08-11-2019, 04:10 PM
So they won 11 games with just DeRozan playing well. Sounds like he carried them. You think saying they were bad means he didn't carry them. It's not actually a rational position. They would have been even worse without him. They were better later when they got more healthy. Duh.

Ah, it's semantics and ad hominem time . . . aka a sure sign that you've conceded.

Chinook
08-11-2019, 08:14 PM
Ah, it's semantics and ad hominem time . . . aka a sure sign that you've conceded.

That's not an ad homenim. Ignoring that the term doesn't mean an insult, I didn't direct any criticism toward you personally. I said your position wasn't rational. Your point isn't logically valid. Saying that is literally the opposite of an ad homenim.

Allan Rowe vs Wade
08-11-2019, 08:57 PM
That's not an ad homenim. Ignoring that the term doesn't mean an insult, I didn't direct any criticism toward you personally. I said your position wasn't rational. Your point isn't logically valid. Saying that is literally the opposite of an ad homenim.

you’re just a stupid fat beaner

Chinook
08-11-2019, 09:54 PM
you’re just a stupid fat beaner

:tu

XDT76
08-12-2019, 11:52 AM
3. doesnt matter who plays cause we miss PO, DDR and LMA will be traded, pop retires, Tim main coach, we got top draft pick and in 3/4 yrs win a chip. Pray for it bc its the only way to be a contender again.

I am not sure what u meant by top pick, if you meant no.1 draft pick then no, that is not the only way. Look back past 10yrs only Kyrie wins a championship if you stretch to 20yrs then only kyrie and Lebron.

Chinook
08-12-2019, 11:59 AM
I am not sure what u meant by top pick, if you meant no.1 draft pick then no, that is not the only way. Look back past 10yrs none of the top picks win a championship if you stretch to 20yrs then only kyrie and Lebron.

Huh? The Spurs have had two first-overall picks win titles, and the Cavs had have two. I agree that SPL is sort of weird with his obsession with the Spurs tanking, but I'm not sure your argument really refuted him.

Kurgan
08-12-2019, 01:29 PM
Demar's a lost cause. Too much hideous Kobe-isms in his game. If he hasn't learned to shoot the threeball by age 30, he's never going to. Derrick White is younger and therefore more coachable. He's already trying to make five hundred three pointers a day to improve his range this summer. Demar has never put that kind of effort to improve his game. He's still the same shitty player he was five years ago on the Raptors.

KDKSpurs24
08-12-2019, 02:01 PM
Demar's a lost cause. Too much hideous Kobe-isms in his game. If he hasn't learned to shoot the threeball by age 30, he's never going to. Derrick White is younger and therefore more coachable. He's already trying to make five hundred three pointers a day to improve his range this summer. Demar has never put that kind of effort to improve his game. He's still the same shitty player he was five years ago on the Raptors.
How are you just going to straight up say he has never put that much effort in his game? I am not the biggest fan of DeMar burn I’m very sure he has worked super hard. They always say he works hard on something new every season and he has shown that with his ball handling, playmaking and whatever else. But just because he hasn’t been able to shoot the 3 doesn’t mean he hasn’t worked hard on it. DeAndre Jordan worked hella hard on his free throws for years and tried everything and is just now only showing a bit of improvement at the line. Sometimes you just don’t have the mechanics in you.

XDT76
08-12-2019, 04:20 PM
Huh? The Spurs have had two first-overall picks win titles, and the Cavs had have two. I agree that SPL is sort of weird with his obsession with the Spurs tanking, but I'm not sure your argument really refuted him.

I said that is not the only way guess how many no. 1 pick is in the finals this past season.