PDA

View Full Version : Antonio Brown's helmet

Ghazi
08-10-2019, 09:55 AM
This story just comes off as weird to me..

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27356491/sources-ab-says-no-football-old-helmet

Chris
08-10-2019, 12:27 PM
Witten is pissed he cant wear Ol Betsy

Isitjustme?
08-11-2019, 02:44 PM
What a fucking pain in the ass this guy is

Holden_Caulfield
08-11-2019, 03:06 PM
Didn’t they guarantee some of his contract to facilitate the trade? Lol raiders

phxspurfan
08-11-2019, 05:37 PM
Watch the Steelers still make the playoffs while the Raiders wait for this idiot to play

FrostKing
08-11-2019, 09:07 PM
Why doesn't he just kneel in protest?

Millennial_Messiah
08-12-2019, 12:40 AM
Watch the Steelers still make the playoffs while the Raiders wait for this idiot to play

nah, steelers and raiders will both be 8-8

Millennial_Messiah
08-12-2019, 12:43 AM
Side note: this is why the patriots have been head and shoulders the best franchise in sports for the past 20 years.

They never build their team around diva skill players like Bell and Brown (or Zeke, etc). Even on occasion when they have a guy like that (Gordon? Moss?) they don't feature the guy as a central piece on the team and never hesitate to replace them if they start to become a distraction. They never let them hold their franchise hostage.

Arcadian
08-12-2019, 07:42 PM
:lol

Millennial_Messiah
08-12-2019, 08:08 PM
The NFL makes an exception for AB, that's a bad can of worms to open. Other players will sue for favoritism.

spurraider21
08-12-2019, 09:15 PM
they didnt make an exception. they said he has to change his helmet. he issued a statement saying he looks forward to rejoining the team

non issue

Sir Johnny
08-12-2019, 09:20 PM
So many great receivers come out of small schools, there is a reason for that.

Spurtacular
08-13-2019, 02:11 PM

What a cheap ass. Dude offering his freebies instead of cash.

SpursforSix
08-13-2019, 02:14 PM
Bend over, I'll fucking give you a brown helmet.

Sir Johnny
08-14-2019, 11:23 PM
You can tell it;s killing Gruden having to kiss ass like he's doing over this. It's very obvious he would love to......fuck a helmet get your ass in here, stop acting like some spoiled brat.

Imagine some rookie....have to miss practice coach, don't like this helmet. Yep, he's gone.

Sir Johnny
08-14-2019, 11:24 PM
Bend over, I'll fucking give you a brown helmet.

Somebody once laughed at that silliness didn't they?

Will Hunting
08-15-2019, 09:32 AM

What a cheap ass. Dude offering his freebies instead of cash.
:lol no kidding, all he’d need to do is offer 25k (maybe even less) to spark a scavenger hunt where thousands of twitter followers try desperately to get their hands on one.

FkLA
08-19-2019, 01:31 PM
This guy is a huge faggot, tbh.

spurraider21
08-19-2019, 02:20 PM
This guy is a huge faggot, tbh.
Indeed. I get that he was out with the foot thing... I'm not going to hold that against him. And I know it's not a lack of work ethic on his part, he's one of those guys that is always working out during the offseason. He and Trent Brown were constantly working during the offseason, which was nice to see from the 2 high paid newcomers. And supposedly he and Carr got a lot of work in even before OTAs and such.

But once his lack of participation went from being health related to this helmet thing... can't defend that. wtf kind of message does that send to the other players on their team who are busting their ass in the summer heat for camp, while he's staying away because of muh helmet.

but by all accounts, he's back for now after Mayock called him out

as has always been the case in the world of sports, if the guy performs during the season, this will be forgotten. if he gets off to a slow start, this is where people are (rightfully) going to point.

Sir Johnny
08-19-2019, 02:44 PM
There is one thing that could happen which is good for AB. The Raiders are not the Steelers, they will be in come from behind all the time, yep....must pass. I know Carr isn't Big Ben, but Big Ben didn't have to play catch up as much either.

AB is one of the top 4 WR's all time in book, he is worth some BS. I have no doubts he's more about his stats than winning.

SpursforSix
08-19-2019, 02:49 PM
Indeed. I get that he was out with the foot thing... I'm not going to hold that against him. And I know it's not a lack of work ethic on his part, he's one of those guys that is always working out during the offseason. He and Trent Brown were constantly working during the offseason, which was nice to see from the 2 high paid newcomers. And supposedly he and Carr got a lot of work in even before OTAs and such.

But once his lack of participation went from being health related to this helmet thing... can't defend that. wtf kind of message does that send to the other players on their team who are busting their ass in the summer heat for camp, while he's staying away because of muh helmet.

but by all accounts, he's back for now after Mayock called him out

as has always been the case in the world of sports, if the guy performs during the season, this will be forgotten. if he gets off to a slow start, this is where people are (rightfully) going to point.

If I were a Raider fan, I'd worry about how bad things might go if Carr isn't finding him as much as he thinks he deserves.

spurraider21
08-19-2019, 02:59 PM
If I were a Raider fan, I'd worry about how bad things might go if Carr isn't finding him as much as he thinks he deserves.
I do worry. Last time the raiders had a big time diva WR it was randy moss, and we saw what happened there

Will Hunting
08-19-2019, 03:19 PM
I do worry. Last time the raiders had a big time diva WR it was randy moss, and we saw what happened there
I’d be OK with this having the same outcome that had :lol

In b4 18-1 joke.

SpursforSix
08-19-2019, 03:20 PM

what was the deal with Cooper? Supposedly, he's one of the best at getting separation but there were games where he was only targeted once or twice.

spurraider21
08-19-2019, 03:26 PM
what was the deal with Cooper? Supposedly, he's one of the best at getting separation but there were games where he was only targeted once or twice.
cooper wasn't a diva or an attitude problem.

some of it was on carr, there were several examples where cooper was open down the field and carr wasn't looking in his direction. but he also seemed to be going through the motions a lot of the time here, like he just wasn't that into it.

cooper's skill set is similar-ish to antonio brown. both are very sharp route runners with good footwork, change of direction, short area quickness. cooper has better straight line speed imo. brown is much better at attacking the ball. cooper struggles with contested catches, which always made crabtree the more reliable third down target to catch a tough slant over the middle. coop seemed to struggle through contact. it also limits his application in the slot. with his quickness and shiftiness, he should be a weapon in the slot. but he struggles in traffic, which is why out of the slot be basically just ran deep routes to try to split the safeties or somethin.

he also had drop issues on and off throughout his tenure here. a lot of drops his rookie year, not so much his 2nd year, then they came back for a bit. its odd, because his hands were never a concern in college.

honestly i think cooper just needed a fresh start. he looked completely rejuvenated in dallas. unlike brown, i cant imagine cooper ever being a locker room problem. dude appears very humble and quiet all the time, by all accounts a hard worker and puts in a good practice.

SpursforSix
08-19-2019, 03:39 PM
cooper wasn't a diva or an attitude problem.

some of it was on carr, there were several examples where cooper was open down the field and carr wasn't looking in his direction. but he also seemed to be going through the motions a lot of the time here, like he just wasn't that into it.

cooper's skill set is similar-ish to antonio brown. both are very sharp route runners with good footwork, change of direction, short area quickness. cooper has better straight line speed imo. brown is much better at attacking the ball. cooper struggles with contested catches, which always made crabtree the more reliable third down target to catch a tough slant over the middle. coop seemed to struggle through contact. it also limits his application in the slot. with his quickness and shiftiness, he should be a weapon in the slot. but he struggles in traffic, which is why out of the slot be basically just ran deep routes to try to split the safeties or somethin.

he also had drop issues on and off throughout his tenure here. a lot of drops his rookie year, not so much his 2nd year, then they came back for a bit. its odd, because his hands were never a concern in college.

honestly i think cooper just needed a fresh start. he looked completely rejuvenated in dallas. unlike brown, i cant imagine cooper ever being a locker room problem. dude appears very humble and quiet all the time, by all accounts a hard worker and puts in a good practice.

He looked great in Dallas last season. More so considering changing in midseason . I was aware of the drops in Oakland and it didn't make much sense other than like you said, he lost interest. I just couldn't figure out the lack of targets at times.

spurraider21
08-19-2019, 03:44 PM
He looked great in Dallas last season. More so considering changing in midseason . I was aware of the drops in Oakland and it didn't make much sense other than like you said, he lost interest. I just couldn't figure out the lack of targets at times.
i cant pretend to fully understand it either.

Raven
08-20-2019, 05:36 AM

very simple, raiders suck.

benefactor
09-07-2019, 09:20 AM
Lost his guarantees because he's AB...and now he wants to be released.

https://deadspin.com/raiders-void-antonio-browns-guaranteed-money-so-he-fin-1837952227

Sheriff Hoyt
09-07-2019, 09:36 AM

DeadlyDynasty
09-07-2019, 10:14 AM
He has the emotional stability of Demar Derozan

DeadlyDynasty
09-07-2019, 10:34 AM
I think if you asked any 10 ST'ers what word they would use to describe Antonio Brown, at least 7 would say the same word.

benefactor
09-07-2019, 11:05 AM
He gone

Clipper Nation
09-07-2019, 12:37 PM
Knowing :lol today's NFL, he'll sign with the Patriots and magically turn into a model teammate.

spurraider21
09-07-2019, 12:42 PM
i dont know what you guys are talking about, he really helped the culture here

spurraider21
09-07-2019, 12:46 PM
but for real...

getting out of the guarantees is nice (there will be a grievance over it, but no way he wins that tbh), but still, the raiders have thrown away 3rd round picks for 2 straight years on receivers that didnt help the team at all

yeah those might not be franchise saving picks but that could be 2 solid starters on cheap deals for 4 years, or at the very least decent depth. lack of depth is what causes team to go for broke in free agency, and then not have enough money to retain the home grown talent.

now we go into a season where our starting outside WR's are going to be tyrell williams and JJ nelson. williams is decent, but not a go-to number 1. nelson is nice role player, but shouldnt be a full time starter. starting slot receiver is a 5th round rookie and starting TE is a guy who's had no real experience. brown was supposed to be the focus of the O and take pressure and coverage off all those guys. now its gonna be ugly

guess we takin jeudy

chunticakes
09-07-2019, 01:39 PM
but for real...

getting out of the guarantees is nice (there will be a grievance over it, but no way he wins that tbh), but still, the raiders have thrown away 3rd round picks for 2 straight years on receivers that didnt help the team at all

yeah those might not be franchise saving picks but that could be 2 solid starters on cheap deals for 4 years, or at the very least decent depth. lack of depth is what causes team to go for broke in free agency, and then not have enough money to retain the home grown talent.

now we go into a season where our starting outside WR's are going to be tyrell williams and JJ nelson. williams is decent, but not a go-to number 1. nelson is nice role player, but shouldnt be a full time starter. starting slot receiver is a 5th round rookie and starting TE is a guy who's had no real experience. brown was supposed to be the focus of the O and take pressure and coverage off all those guys. now its gonna be ugly

guess we takin jeudy

I was gonna suggest GOAT wideout Dontrelle Inman but unfortunately he was signed by the Chargers.

spurraider21
09-07-2019, 01:52 PM
https://i.gyazo.com/4a4fd38ff75d481540cbf15200c439bd.png

benefactor
09-07-2019, 02:36 PM
^:lol

SpursforSix
09-07-2019, 02:50 PM
but for real...

guess we takin jeudy

I think hindsight is going to show they simply should have cut bait on Carr.

And I mean way back.

spurraider21
09-07-2019, 03:23 PM
I think hindsight is going to show they simply should have cut bait on Carr.

And I mean way back.
Were they supposed to draft Rosen after 1 bad year after he hurt his back? Or take Haskins this year?

carr has disappointed last 2 seasons but far from the biggest problem

spurraider21
09-07-2019, 03:24 PM
Were they supposed to draft Rosen after 1 bad year after he hurt his back? Or take Haskins this year?

Since his rookie year he’s had 2 pro bowl seasons then two down years

Will Hunting
09-07-2019, 04:03 PM
:lmao Welcome to New England, Antonio

benefactor
09-07-2019, 04:04 PM
Shocker tbh

FkLA
09-07-2019, 04:07 PM
This dude Nephew'd the Raiders. He was stirring shit up intentionally to force his way out.

Clipper Nation
09-07-2019, 04:08 PM
Knowing :lol today's NFL, he'll sign with the Patriots and magically turn into a model teammate.

:lol This shitty league is so predictable. Just give the Patriots the Lombardi now and get it over with.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
09-07-2019, 04:11 PM
AB to fans everywhere: shouldn’t have been talkin shit

DC23
09-07-2019, 04:13 PM
That was fast. Can he play tomorrow for the Pats?

leemajors
09-07-2019, 04:16 PM
That was fast. Can he play tomorrow for the Pats?

no

FrostKing
09-07-2019, 04:18 PM
Embarrassing for Belichick

I'll stick with Bill Walsh. Thank you.

Kim Jong-il
09-07-2019, 04:21 PM
Embarrassing for Belichick

I'll stick with Bill Walsh. Thank you.
:lmao 6 rings, faggot!

spurraider21
09-07-2019, 04:24 PM
least shocking development of the week tbh

randy moss all over again :lol

Clipper Nation
09-07-2019, 04:40 PM
So when does Gronk come out of retirement, because we all know that's happening next.

spurraider21
09-07-2019, 04:48 PM
waiting for OJ's fantasy team update tbh

Chucho
09-07-2019, 07:49 PM
least shocking development of the week tbh

randy moss all over again :lol

Nah, Randy died and had a funeral in Oakland. Brown was just there to take a shit on the doorstep and announce he's insane and a massive piece of shit.

Whatever happened to Dwight Howard's asshole last year deserves to happen to this fucking clown.

Kim Jong-il
09-07-2019, 07:51 PM
So when does Gronk come out of retirement, because we all know that's happening next.
Gronk is skinny as hell and probably not passing a drug test :lol
https://cdn.whatsnew2day.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/Rob-Gronkowski-looks-MUCH-thinner-because-the-former-Patriots-star.jpg

Mark Celibate
09-07-2019, 08:24 PM

:lol literally the first thing I thought too when he was released

SpursforSix
09-08-2019, 10:42 AM

I know. And there’s the idea that he played through a tough injury as well. We’ll see. I just don’t think he’s that good though. I don’t know that surrounding him with talent will be enough.

spurraider21
09-08-2019, 11:04 AM
I know. And there’s the idea that he played through a tough injury as well. We’ll see. I just don’t think he’s that good though. I don’t know that surrounding him with talent will be enough.
You might be right but about him not being good enough but it would have been premature to dump him last 2 seasons. I think this is a huge season for him, but losing AB right before the season is kinda rough as well

SpursforSix
09-09-2019, 09:56 AM
You might be right but about him not being good enough but it would have been premature to dump him last 2 seasons. I think this is a huge season for him, but losing AB right before the season is kinda rough as well

Agree that it would have been premature. It's why I mentioned in hindsight. He looked like a legit good QB. He's kind of had a weird career so far. Maybe it's mental.
And maybe he would have been fine on a more stable team.

Arcadian
09-09-2019, 04:31 PM
The weird thing is, prior to late 2017 with the locker room recording incident, there were never any problems with this guy. He hasn't been a career cancer - this is a relatively recent phenomenon of the past 2 years. Maybe it was always there boiling beneath the surface, waiting to explode...but we had 6 solid seasons of Brown as a relatively upstanding teammate and hard worker. Something changed.

FrostKing
09-09-2019, 05:46 PM
The weird thing is, prior to late 2017 with the locker room recording incident, there were never any problems with this guy. He hasn't been a career cancer - this is a relatively recent phenomenon of the past 2 years. Maybe it was always there boiling beneath the surface, waiting to explode...but we had 6 solid seasons of Brown as a relatively upstanding teammate and hard worker. Something changed.
His circle of friends. He has Kaepernick types in his ear. You can tell from what comes out of his mouth from calling the owner a cracker to saying he's under-appreciated and especially not being allowed to be whom he is. "The system holding me down" syndrome. Maybe it was always there and now wealth freed him or he busted his ass and realized it isn't worth it in the end. But his attitude is typical in the black community (and crippling it)

Arcadian
09-09-2019, 07:27 PM
His circle of friends. He has Kaepernick types in his ear. You can tell from what comes out of his mouth from calling the owner a cracker to saying he's under-appreciated and especially not being allowed to be whom he is. "The system holding me down" syndrome. Maybe it was always there and now wealth freed him or he busted his ass and realized it isn't worth it in the end. But his attitude is typical in the black community (and crippling it)

It might be simpler than that. When he entered the league, he was nobody - he had to work hard to prove himself. After a few years of being praised as the best WR in the league, perhaps his ego got the best of him.

That's a shame. It means he never truly "got it." Because someone who "gets it" would never let this happen - unless he has brain damage, as some have speculated. Having studied neuroscience, I know that damage to the prefrontal cortex can cause radical changes to one's personality, usually involving a loss of behavioral inhibition and self-control. Basically, it turns people into giant assholes. :lol

FrostKing
09-09-2019, 08:54 PM
https://i.ibb.co/6FwPr74/37553.jpg

https://i.ibb.co/G3dvQpZ/Screenshot-2019-09-09-18-55-31-1.png

Mark Celibate
09-09-2019, 11:39 PM
I think if you asked any 10 ST'ers what word they would use to describe Antonio Brown, at least 7 would say the same word.

Negative Ignominious Grouchy Gruff Exuberant Receiver?

spurraider21
09-10-2019, 07:44 PM
now he's been accused of rape

Millennial_Messiah
09-10-2019, 08:00 PM
now he's been accused of rape
"
According to the lawsuit, Brown sexually assaulted Taylor twice during training sessions in June 2017. First, he exposed himself and kissed her without her permission, the lawsuit says. Later that month, the lawsuit says, while she was watching a television program at his home, Brown started masturbating behind her and ejaculated on her back. Brown bragged about the incident in profane text messages that are copied in the lawsuit. "

:lmao I hope the Cheatriots did themselves in this time

FkLA
09-10-2019, 08:14 PM

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/antonio-brown-saga-troy-polamalu-reportedly-among-steelers-who-had-issues-with-wr-back-in-2012/

"Coming into the next practice, he just got his money, he cusses out Dick LeBeau," former Steelers safety and current ESPN analyst Ryan Clark said earlier this year, via ProFootballTalk.com (https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/01/08/ryan-clark-antonio-brown-cussed-out-dick-lebeau-mike-tomlin-let-it-get-out-of-hand/). "Coach LeBeau, somebody who Troy [Polamalu], myself, James Farrior, all respected so much that anything he ever said, there's no reply. We almost got into a physical altercation that day, me and Antonio Brown. Because my thing was, this is not how we behave. This is not how we act. And for sure we don't talk to Coach LeBeau that way."

Pittsburgh's defense was so enraged that Polamalu, one of the most mild-mannered players you'd ever meet, wanted full reign to hit Brown during practice.

spurraider21
09-10-2019, 08:15 PM
:lmao

https://i.gyazo.com/ba17395c500656ba4b2fe0c1a9760f3d.png

Millennial_Messiah
09-10-2019, 09:08 PM
Maybe CTE from the Vontaze Burfict hit January 2016? The first notable issue from him I recall was Week 1 September 2016 at the Redskins when he mooned the away crowd after scoring a TD.

He did kick the Browns punter in the face in a 2014 game, but that was a football play

Sheriff Hoyt
09-10-2019, 09:28 PM

FrostKing
09-10-2019, 09:30 PM
https://i.ibb.co/ZJfh2c2/Screenshot-2019-09-10-19-27-52-1.png

https://i.ibb.co/SRd0GRQ/Screenshot-2019-09-10-19-28-00-1.png

Still lol @ Belichick

FkLA
09-10-2019, 09:43 PM
Can someone translate that gibberish?

Darth_Pelican
09-10-2019, 10:01 PM
https://scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/69964335_2736432949736709_695424792282529792_n.jpg ?_nc_cat=1&_nc_oc=AQl6ntSS_Afa_iwpCkn1Pd16VOPhVBhb26NUqlkt3nR CROZmorjANLl9qrRlmdF9638&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-1.xx&oh=d1f03e12d81ae9e3c31f800b264be81c&oe=5DFACD41

Mark Celibate
09-10-2019, 10:31 PM

:lol

Arcadian
09-11-2019, 12:44 PM
I was thinking the same. Anyone who writes like that is probably a rapist piece of shit. :lol

Kobe'sAchilles
09-11-2019, 01:03 PM
I mean the dude literally came out and admitted he sexually assaulted her. He just called her a nobody who failed at being a gold digging whore in the process. I'm not even sure how tf you get consent to jack off on somebodys back while they are turned away from you watching tv tbh. Seems like a weird conversation

Ho: Antonio can I watch the price is right on your tv? It's my favorite show.
Brown: Yeah go for it
Ho: Thanks for letting a non gym owning nobody like me watch tv Antonio. You're the best.
Brown: No problem sweetie. Can I get you anything? Some cookies? Chips and salsa? How about some cum on your back?

MultiTroll
09-11-2019, 02:32 PM
Per seemingly knowledgeable black chick guest on NFL Live:

Paying her off might not make it go away because then the NFL (specifically Goodell LOL) still has all the power to decide what was/is "conduct determental to the league."

MultiTroll
09-11-2019, 02:37 PM
^ says accuser has indicated she has much more to come out. Which it will in both "discovery" and trial if Brown does as he claims and fights this all the way to trial.

Sure seems like her settlement $$$ is gonna go way up.