PDA

View Full Version : Spurstalk YouTube Channel

pookenstein
08-10-2019, 03:38 PM
Would you guys be interested in a Spurs related Youtube channel? Meaning a channel where you can rewatch full game replays of great games in Spurs history. Everything from RS to Playoffs/Finals.

You have a great Spurs game DVRed or on DVD and want to share it with fellow Spurs fans? Send it to the Admin of the YT Spurstalk channel (if it were to be created) and it will be uploaded to the channel.
I for example could upload every Finals Game from 99 to 07 since I have them on DVD. Also Game 1 of the 2008 PO against PHX (2OT, Timmy 3Pointer) among several others.

I'm no expert on NBA rights and how the League reacts to full games on YT, but since there are lots of full game replays on YT it may be possible to create a channel with full game replays from Spurs history. Of course I don't want anybody to get any legal problems, especially with the NBA...

Long story short: if there is interest in such a channel and if it's legally safe to show full game replays I'd be happy to manage a channel like that. Send me the video in the best quality and I do the rest.

Opinions?

Allan Rowe vs Wade
08-10-2019, 03:55 PM
sweet

Arcadian
08-10-2019, 04:26 PM
Yeah, that would be great.

tonight...you
08-10-2019, 05:07 PM
Would you guys be interested in a Spurs related Youtube channel? Meaning a channel where you can rewatch full game replays of great games in Spurs history. Everything from RS to Playoffs/Finals.

You have a great Spurs game DVRed or on DVD and want to share it with fellow Spurs fans? Send it to the Admin of the YT Spurstalk channel (if it were to be created) and it will be uploaded to the channel.
I for example could upload every Finals Game from 99 to 07 since I have them on DVD. Also Game 1 of the 2008 PO against PHX (2OT, Timmy 3Pointer) among several others.

I'm no expert on NBA rights and how the League reacts to full games on YT, but since there are lots of full game replays on YT it may be possible to create a channel with full game replays from Spurs history. Of course I don't want anybody to get any legal problems, especially with the NBA...

Long story short: if there is interest in such a channel and if it's legally safe to show full game replays I'd be happy to manage a channel like that. Send me the video in the best quality and I do the rest.

Opinions?
That would be so cool. I wish I had some vids to shoot you right now.

paperboy77
08-10-2019, 05:08 PM
Been waiting for one. BTW how would you extract DVR content?

pookenstein
08-10-2019, 05:26 PM
Been waiting for one. BTW how would you extract DVR content?

If ypu have the games in some digital form, I could convert and upload them. I am a professional cutter and have the tools to convert almost every file to a useable YT video.

ducks
08-10-2019, 05:38 PM
Sweet

r0drig0lac
08-10-2019, 05:47 PM
nice

Mario1976
08-10-2019, 06:19 PM
Love it

GusT15
08-10-2019, 07:24 PM
Would be definitely great.

Subsequently it would be unfortunately,definitely banned for copyright claims.

playblair
08-10-2019, 07:32 PM
plz make one of the first uploaded games dejuan blairs 30/20 game thx

Pavlov
08-10-2019, 07:40 PM
That sounds like a lot of copyright violations. If you put it up, don't put the ST name on it. Some games stay up and some get deleted but it would be best to keep Kori and LJ out of any potential hassle since they have nothing to do with it.

spursparker9
08-10-2019, 07:55 PM
Just do it

Wu36
08-10-2019, 08:20 PM
Anyone have any of those Tarkanian games? I was like 14 or 15 and super hyped cause UNLV was my fave college team...

ZeusWillJudge
08-10-2019, 08:56 PM
That sounds like a lot of copyright violations. If you put it up, don't put the ST name on it. Some games stay up and some get deleted but it would be best to keep Kori and LJ out of any potential hassle since they have nothing to do with it.

Heh. That was my first thought. I think OP should make the channel in his own name, post lots and lots of unlicensed NBA videos, and then monetize it. I'll just stand over here and watch.

Allan Rowe vs Wade
08-10-2019, 09:00 PM
youtube channel TursSpalk

pookenstein
08-11-2019, 02:36 AM
Naturally I wouldn't do anything that can put anyone in legal trouble. Frankly, I don't have the slightest idea how the NBA handles media rights. I was hoping someone on here has some knowledge about that. I get that it's illegal to just upload the content without permission, but maybe somebody knows if it's possible to get such a channel licensed by the league. Like Ximo Pierto, House of Highlights and all the channels that upload the ten minute highlight videos of every game.

Legacy
08-11-2019, 06:18 AM
Yes, yes, and YES!

lmrtm9
08-11-2019, 07:57 AM
It is a great idea.

John B
08-11-2019, 09:15 AM
Yeah yeah yeah baby!

monty4329
08-11-2019, 12:19 PM
You could contact the Spurs marketing or PR dept., they might like the idea and somehow sanction it. That might somehow loosen up the NBA, which I am pretty sure cannot let you upload full games just like that.
Digital distribution of games is strictly copyrighted even going back decades, but they could just lean towards something like ''if Spurs don't mind....''

pookenstein
08-11-2019, 02:47 PM
You could contact the Spurs marketing or PR dept., they might like the idea and somehow sanction it. That might somehow loosen up the NBA, which I am pretty sure cannot let you upload full games just like that.
Digital distribution of games is strictly copyrighted even going back decades, but they could just lean towards something like ''if Spurs don't mind....''

Good idea. Will try that. :flag:

RD2191
08-11-2019, 02:52 PM
Fake and gay.

RC_Drunkford
08-13-2019, 07:37 AM
there's a way where you can become some type of NBA youtube partner and they give you access to game footage etc. that you can then turn into youtube videos. I think that's how all these other channels do it. It's somewhere on NBA.com from what I know, you'll have to register

pookenstein
08-13-2019, 01:19 PM
OK. I'll look into that. Thanks.

ZeusWillJudge
08-13-2019, 02:25 PM
Naturally I wouldn't do anything that can put anyone in legal trouble. Frankly, I don't have the slightest idea how the NBA handles media rights. I was hoping someone on here has some knowledge about that. I get that it's illegal to just upload the content without permission, but maybe somebody knows if it's possible to get such a channel licensed by the league. Like Ximo Pierto, House of Highlights and all the channels that upload the ten minute highlight videos of every game.

Eh... that's a reasonable response. I think you'll find it to be more difficult than it ought to be, but nothing wrong with giving it a try.

And, yeah, if you get some content up, I'm sure I'll go look at it.

TDomination
08-13-2019, 02:51 PM
i love this idea, but once found out by NBA or someone working for the league, it will get removed.

there are definitely a lot of videos out there with full games. but i believe they are still up and running only because NBA has not seen them yet.

ginobilized
08-13-2019, 03:40 PM
I’d love this!

I bet there are some tricks. Might check Coach Nick and other YT sites
for workarounds.

Biggems
08-13-2019, 09:50 PM
On a side note, would love to see a replay of either game 6 or 7 of the 88 NBA finals. I can't remember which of the two games it was, but the Pistons were robbed by some bogus officiating in the closing minute. I would love to see it again and see if my perspective changes from when I was in middle school. I am a more reasonable and seasoned fan now.

Btw, the David quadruple double and the 71 points would be great to watch.

exstatic
08-14-2019, 11:20 AM
On a side note, would love to see a replay of either game 6 or 7 of the 88 NBA finals. I can't remember which of the two games it was, but the Pistons were robbed by some bogus officiating in the closing minute. I would love to see it again and see if my perspective changes from when I was in middle school. I am a more reasonable and seasoned fan now.

Btw, the David quadruple double and the 71 points would be great to watch.

71 doesn't exist as a whole game anywhere. There are clips of it, though.

When you ask about posting whole games, the NBA will say no. If you upload them anyway, they'll shut you down. You also might want to check with Kori and LJ before you put the SpursTalk name on the channel. They might not want that.

pookenstein
08-14-2019, 01:15 PM
As I said, I won't do anything that can put myself or any other in legal trouble. I'm gonna check if nsomething can be done through the league. In the unlikely case the NBA allows such a channel, I will contact Kori and LJ directly. If the NBA says no, it's the end of this project.

GusT15
08-14-2019, 04:58 PM
Open up 100 Youtube channels with different emails,upload one game named XDDDFGH-5-12-1994 etc on each channel,create a playlist on your one channel that has no games uploaded,name the playlist GSG,link the playlist to the board.

If the copyright claim algorithm doesn't identify NBA copyrighted material the video stays up.If it does you'll lose one channel.

That's a lot of work though and it's still random to get shut down with Copyright even like that.

Skoobz
08-16-2019, 01:37 AM
Well i have heaps of games from 90's to now on VHS, CD and MP4 file.

Shame we cant all share easy. Or can we? :smokin