FrostKing
08-10-2019, 06:10 PM
Inferior product

FrostKing
08-10-2019, 06:15 PM
https://youtu.be/XVBJgJbltoQ

Monostradamus
08-11-2019, 12:13 AM
Nobody is forcing you to use a WNBA team when you play. Incel Justice Warriors crying like pussies over something pointless, per usual :lmao

Although I do admit that seeing a WNBA game with the stands packed was hilarious :lol

FrostKing
08-11-2019, 01:11 AM
Nobody is forcing you to use a WNBA team when you play. Incel Justice Warriors crying like pussies over something pointless, per usual :lmao

Although I do admit that seeing a WNBA game with the stands packed was hilarious :lol
They are wasting data and time on this crap instead of improving the product.

So Lol @ anyone that would spend money on this years title unless they plan to play the women's teams

Othyus Lalanne
08-11-2019, 06:13 AM

This idiocy only wrecked / damaged Star Wars, Predator, Ghostbusters, Star Trek franchises...

What could go wrong?

weebo
08-11-2019, 08:03 AM
Grown ass men still playing video games :lol

ambchang
08-11-2019, 08:03 AM
This idiocy only wrecked / damaged Star Wars, Predator, Ghostbusters, Star Trek franchises...

What could go wrong?

Am I thought poor writing and execution wrecked those franchises. But I’m sure your speculation is better than whatever theories are out there.

Othyus Lalanne
08-11-2019, 08:14 AM
Am I thought poor writing and execution wrecked those franchises. But I’m sure your speculation is better than whatever theories are out there.

Heck yeah, it's better than yours.

lefty
08-11-2019, 09:28 AM
They finally added Curry?

playblair
08-11-2019, 10:30 AM
nba live did it first & did it better...........u can dunk on nuqqas in the park in nba live

KobesAchilles
08-11-2019, 10:54 AM
Bro ain’t nobody going to any WNBA games so might as well put them in the video game. It’s like free advertisement for the WNBA. Might even trick people into thinking they’re any good and actually go to a live game.

Isitjustme?
08-11-2019, 02:42 PM

baseline bum
08-11-2019, 02:47 PM
Haven't bought 2k since like 2k12. God that franchise got stagnant. Not even worth pirating any more.

phxspurfan
08-11-2019, 05:35 PM
Can I get Diana Taurasi so I can drive drunk on Phoenix freeways

FkLA
08-11-2019, 06:31 PM
lol at the size of the crowds

https://twitter.com/NBA2K/status/1159479807039508481?s=19

baseline bum
08-11-2019, 07:17 PM
lol at the size of the crowds

https://twitter.com/NBA2K/status/1159479807039508481?s=19

Doesn't look much like a WNBA crowd either with well dressed upper class adults in the first few rows instead of nasty butch lesbians in wife beaters.

Chris
08-12-2019, 01:03 AM

defending the WNBA :lmao

triggered snowflake :lol

Millennial_Messiah
08-20-2019, 01:00 AM
I wish you could combine GTA with this shit.

Arcadian
08-20-2019, 02:49 PM
Can you do men vs. women in Play Now mode? That would be pretty funny. :lol

koriwhat
08-20-2019, 03:24 PM
W/O even reading the link: :lol

right? way to ruin a game.

koriwhat
08-20-2019, 03:26 PM
Doesn't look much like a WNBA crowd either with well dressed upper class adults in the first few rows instead of nasty butch lesbians in wife beaters.

basically. when i went to the only wnba game i've ever been to it was the weakest crowd i've ever witnessed and it was a finals game. the crowd was less than a hockey game with nothing but butch lesbians. it was the lamest thing i have ever attended. fuck the wnba!

ps: Mono is only standing up for it because of equality and his bitch tits.

BD24
08-20-2019, 03:32 PM
WNBA blows, but who cares?

like others have said no one is making you play as the WNBA teams. I can’t imagine to much effort was put into those teams anyway

baseline bum
08-20-2019, 03:51 PM
Can you do men vs. women in Play Now mode? That would be pretty funny. :lol

Doing the Shaq on Chris Dudley dunk right into Rebecca Lobo's snout would be glorious.

gambit1990
08-20-2019, 05:47 PM
tbh... i think an hour, maybe two a week is okay but i know people play a lot more than that.

gambit1990
08-20-2019, 05:48 PM
you can't do men vs women in this game though, right?

Spurtacular
08-20-2019, 06:44 PM
In other news, a woman soccer player is actually hitting 30-yard FGs in practice.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/carli-lloyd-makes-some-impressive-field-goals-at-eagles-practice/ar-AAG4XLh?ocid=spartanntp

DC23
08-20-2019, 08:57 PM
This is just the NBA trying to force "inclusive" and increase viewership among women. I don't really care or this move.

gambit1990
08-20-2019, 09:17 PM
where’s the “wnba deserves their own game” outrage? :lol

Chris
08-20-2019, 11:47 PM
where’s the “wnba deserves their own game” outrage? :lol

They're afraid of how bad the sales would be tbh this way they can just hamfist it in there to keep the mono's of the world happy

Chucho
08-21-2019, 12:28 AM
Doing the Shaq on Chris Dudley dunk right into Rebecca Lobo's snout would be glorious.

It's sad that I can remember Rebecca Lobo and Cheryl Swoopes and Lisa Leslie from the league's launch and an episode of Martin Lawrence but I think the only WNBA player I know of is Griner and Turassi.

To quote a great man, "The next time I watch a WNBA game will be the first time I watch a WNBA game.".

TimmyBuckets
08-21-2019, 01:54 AM
Best case I guess I can play as Becky Hammon or some shit (idk anyone else in WNBA lol). Worst case at least its subpar fap material. Either way nothing to get butthurt over.

Arcadian
08-22-2019, 12:41 PM
tbh... i think an hour, maybe two a week is okay but i know people play a lot more than that.

That's ridiculous. Would you tell someone they shouldn't play chess, or practice a musical instrument for more than 2 hours a week? Why do you think video games are worse than other hobbies? Your view is archaic.

ambchang
08-22-2019, 03:23 PM
That's ridiculous. Would you tell someone they shouldn't play chess, or practice a musical instrument for more than 2 hours a week? Why do you think video games are worse than other hobbies? Your view is archaic.

There are actually quite a few studies indicating that video games over stimulate certain senses (mostly visual) while not stimulating any other senses, causing issues in Brain growth in younger children.

You can certainly dispute it but I don’t see the view of limiting video game playing being archaic.

Arcadian
08-22-2019, 06:18 PM
There are actually quite a few studies indicating that video games over stimulate certain senses (mostly visual) while not stimulating any other senses, causing issues in Brain growth in younger children.

You can certainly dispute it but I don’t see the view of limiting video game playing being archaic.

That's an oversimplification. There are many types of video games, so lumping them all into one category is misleading to begin with. There are strategy games, shooting games, role-playing games, competitive games, relaxing games, story-driven games, etc, each involving different cognitive and perceptual skills.

One thing they all have in common, though, is that they are multisensory interactive experiences. Why would you think games only stimulate visual perception when they all have music? That's auditory perception. "Video games" are the most complex artform in existence, and they're becoming increasingly complex over time.

Just the fact that we are capable of playing video games is really quite incredible. We take it for granted now, but when you really consider what it entails, it is actually one of the most cognitively-demanding tasks that humans have ever invented. Think about it - to play a video game, you have to synchronize your motor responses with the perceptual feedback on an interface, which is constantly being updated by the user's input, creating more stimuli in a constant feedback loop. No other animals can do this. It is a uniquely human activity.

Research has also shown positive benefits of gaming. There's a whole sector of psychology research that uses interactive games as a source of cognitive training. Even FPS games are shown to improve reaction time. Sure, there are some negative findings, but research is often biased toward finding what it sets out to find. (And it pains me to admit this, coming from an experimental psychology background.)

That view is archaic because, like all forms of media, video games were shunned by society when they were first introduced, until they gradually became more accepted. They're only going to continue being more mainstream until people who oppose them completely die off, just like people who believed reading books was bad for you in medieval times.

ambchang
08-22-2019, 06:49 PM
That's an oversimplification. There are many types of video games, so lumping them all into one category is misleading to begin with. There are strategy games, shooting games, role-playing games, competitive games, relaxing games, story-driven games, etc, each involving different cognitive and perceptual skills.

One thing they all have in common, though, is that they are multisensory interactive experiences. Why would you think games only stimulate visual perception when they all have music? That's auditory perception. "Video games" are the most complex artform in existence, and they're becoming increasingly complex over time.

Just the fact that we are capable of playing video games is really quite incredible. We take it for granted now, but when you really consider what it entails, it is actually one of the most cognitively-demanding tasks that humans have ever invented. Think about it - to play a video game, you have to synchronize your motor responses with the perceptual feedback on an interface, which is constantly being updated by the user's input, creating more stimuli in a constant feedback loop. No other animals can do this. It is a uniquely human activity.

Research has also shown positive benefits of gaming. There's a whole sector of psychology research that uses interactive games as a source of cognitive training. Even FPS games are shown to improve reaction time. Sure, there are some negative findings, but research is often biased toward finding what it sets out to find. (And it pains me to admit this, coming from an experimental psychology background.)

That view is archaic because, like all forms of media, video games were shunned by society when they were first introduced, until they gradually became more accepted. They're only going to continue being more mainstream until people who oppose them completely die off, just like people who believed reading books was bad for you in medieval times.

Like I said. You can argue with those studies all you want but to say the view is archaic is far from true. Neither side had been proven and both sides have argument s

Arcadian
08-22-2019, 07:09 PM
Like I said. You can argue with those studies all you want but to say the view is archaic is far from true. Neither side had been proven and both sides have argument s

It's not as if one side is right and the other is wrong. It's not that simple. Both sides are right in different ways, but as I illustrated in my previous post, to paint this picture of video games are a braindead hobby unworthy of anyone's time is a vast misrepresentation of what games really are. I hold video games in higher regard than any other artform because they combine several other artforms - music, storytelling, visual art, animation - PLUS the interactive element.

For proof that video games require cognitive ability, watch an old person try to play one. It's hilarious. They might as well be Neanderthals trying to figure out an arcane piece of alien technology. :lol

gambit1990
08-22-2019, 07:11 PM
comparing practicing a musical instrument to playing video games :lmao

i don't even consider video gaming a hobby tbh, i just consider it a waste of time. which it is.

Arcadian
08-22-2019, 07:15 PM
comparing practicing a musical instrument to playing video games :lmao

i don't even consider video gaming a hobby tbh, i just consider it a waste of time. which it is.

Actually yes, video games require vast amounts of practice in order to master them, just like musical instruments do, just as any other skill does. I'm both a musician and a gamer, so I've experienced the analogy first-hand.

Read my posts above and try to respond if you can. If you dismiss it all, then I'm right by default.

gambit1990
08-22-2019, 07:22 PM
mastering video games :lmao they aren’t even that hard :lol

you play video games and you’re a musician? imagine how much further along as a musician you’d be if you were working on that instead of playing games.

gambit1990
08-22-2019, 07:23 PM
video games are a waste of time unless you’re a professional gamer or a game developer. people sinking so much of their time into something that isn’t real... smh.

gambit1990
08-22-2019, 07:25 PM
and wasting your time can be fine but i know people sink a ton of time into gaming.

Arcadian
08-22-2019, 07:42 PM
mastering video games :lmao they aren’t even that hard :lol

you play video games and you’re a musician? imagine how much further along as a musician you’d be if you were working on that instead of playing games.

What a ridiculous generalization. That's like saying "sports aren't that hard." Some are harder than others. Some are insanely difficult and require thousands of hours of practice to be competitive. Some aren't even comparable to others because, as I said, lumping all "video games" into one category doesn't make sense in the first place. Playing a real-time strategy game vs. playing a graphic adventure are completely different experiences, for example.

You know what's funny? You're a basketball fan, so you presumably find it worthwhile to spend time watching other people play a game - yet somehow, when it comes to directly playing a game yourself, you'd think that's a waste of time. <facepalm>

Arcadian
08-22-2019, 07:51 PM
Also, the whole "imagine what you could do if you didn't spend time on video games" point is stupid. You can apply that same reasoning to anything in life. Imagine how good at mathematics I'd be if I practiced calculus every Sunday instead of going to church to learn about some bullshit religion in my formative years. Now that's a tradeoff I'd like to make. :lol

We all do things we find worthwhile because we enjoy them. Nobody really knows what's going on in this bizarre world, and we don't know our ultimate purpose in life, but we make the most of it and enjoy ourselves as much as possible while we're here. Some people devote themselves to one thing, and that's cool. Some of us enjoy more variety.

ambchang
08-22-2019, 09:09 PM
It's not as if one side is right and the other is wrong. It's not that simple. Both sides are right in different ways, but as I illustrated in my previous post, to paint this picture of video games are a braindead hobby unworthy of anyone's time is a vast misrepresentation of what games really are. I hold video games in higher regard than any other artform because they combine several other artforms - music, storytelling, visual art, animation - PLUS the interactive element.

For proof that video games require cognitive ability, watch an old person try to play one. It's hilarious. They might as well be Neanderthals trying to figure out an arcane piece of alien technology. :lol

Video games require an insane amount of eye hand coordination. But that doesn’t dismiss the notion that people shouldn’t play more than a certain amount of video games a day.

Othyus Lalanne
08-23-2019, 12:04 AM
Best case I guess I can play as Becky Hammon or some shit (idk anyone else in WNBA lol). Worst case at least its subpar fap material. Either way nothing to get butthurt over.

WTF does butthurt even mean?

Allan Rowe vs Wade
08-23-2019, 07:28 AM
WTF does butthurt even mean?

:lol

manufan10
08-23-2019, 08:22 AM
video games are a waste of time unless you’re a professional gamer or a game developer. people sinking so much of their time into something that isn’t real... smh.

You don't watch tv, watch movies, etc?

Texas_Ranger
08-23-2019, 11:38 AM
why improve the gameplay when you can add the pathetic wnba in the game.

show some balls 2k and make the girls their own game. Let's see how it sells.

Othyus Lalanne
08-23-2019, 12:03 PM
:lol

Yeah, it sounds laughably stupid