PDA

View Full Version : "What will happen to me?" - A short story by Dale Robinson

Thread
08-10-2019, 09:47 PM
What will happen to me?

a short story by Dale Robinson

"Just tie it off, wrap it around and slide your back down the wall."

His voice seemed to belong to that of a stranger. It frightened him. He felt his face with his hands and thought of his mother and father; "Momma, please. Momma."

"I told you not to come back, didn't I?" He scalded himself. "I told, you, I told you, I told you." For the third time already since he'd woken from another sleepless night the tears threatened. At first when they'd locked him away the tears relieved the worry, even fueled hope of a chance, an opportunity to escape, one that he would not recklessly play with as he'd done..."I'm innocent. No way they can hold me." Deep in his gut, down in the middle of that tireless knot he was sure he'd get one last moment after he cajoled freedom where he could make his disappearance into the landscape of the world. "It's been done."

He-was-wrong. The judge saw through him, try as he could to smooth his countenance, stall the ravage beating of heart. The judge knew.

"I can't do this, God. Please, understand, God. I can't do it. I, I, I'm not strong enough."

He'd timed the guard, about every 30 minutes, give or take. "You got half that left."

Q: "What will happen to me?"
A: "They'll handle you, touch you, examine you."

"Oh, my, God, momma. Please."

"I told you to stay gone, goddamn you."

Q: "What will happen to me?"
A: "You'll have to explain it when you get there."

"I don't want to burn in hell."
"Stay then."

"You'll have to wait another round if you don't get started."

He tied it off, wrapped it around,,,tight & pushed his back up against the wall.

The tears fell as he slid down.

---The End---

baseline bum
08-10-2019, 09:54 PM
Bend over. I'll show you what'll happen to you.

pgardn
08-10-2019, 10:04 PM
Were the tears due to remembering his victims?
Or just, what was happening to him...

Thread
08-10-2019, 10:21 PM
Were the tears due to remembering his victims?
Or just, what was happening to him...

[him] He was convinced of his innocence. That's why he came back to the states against advice not to. Reckless behavior ruled his response to reckless behavior. & it was the American in him. That queer, exasperating draw for the American male to tempt disaster, to prove that it's not what he fears and is being advised that it is! American male has to see it to believe it. As the back up to this warning he figured:::They'd let him go under house arrest and he'd flee once and for all, like an adventure, like TV.

pgardn
08-10-2019, 10:39 PM
[him] He was convinced of his innocence. That's why he came back to the states against advice not to. Reckless behavior ruled his response to reckless behavior. & it was the American in him. That queer, exasperating draw for the American male to tempt disaster, to prove that it's not what he fears and is being advised that it is! American male has to see it to believe it. As the back up to this warning he figured:::They'd let him go under house arrest and he'd flee once and for all, like an adventure, like TV.

If American male has to see it to believe it...
We are in serious trouble.
Others have eyes and ears but they cant be trusted?
Its actually quite egocentric and selfish.
People who do not recognize they are part of a group can be a problem for themselves and others.

So it ended well for everyone?

Thread
08-10-2019, 10:59 PM
If American male has to see it to believe it...
We are in serious trouble.
Others have eyes and ears but they cant be trusted?
Its actually quite egocentric and selfish.
People who do not recognize they are part of a group can be a problem for themselves and others.

So it ended well for everyone?

He became incredulous as his (case) went along it's natural course. In his mind he'd not molested a child. He'd not coaxed a child-child at a family gathering. Every girl was purported to be of age. This quelled the alarm in his inner warning system. It also increased his anticipation & pleasure at the mere thought of an underage/of age/underage girl.

He was more isolated as the trail wound, dependent upon his own skewed thoughts & beliefs until finally he had to make some choices that he could no longer be isolated once the choice was made & declared. That is what he wanted to see, needed to see & when he saw it he was trapped as he feared, but, could not let go of at consideration, at contemplation.

---------

I don't know, peeg, we'll have to wait to see when we get there.

pgardn
08-10-2019, 11:06 PM
You are so different than I am.
Its nice to know.
I appreciate variation.
Otherwise things get quite boring.

LkrFan
08-10-2019, 11:09 PM
Bend over. I'll show you what'll happen to you.

:rollin :lmao :rollin