PDA

View Full Version : Hard to stomach this by Pop

Pages : [1] 2

Rummpd
08-14-2019, 05:50 PM
https://www.si.com/nba/2019/08/14/usa-basketball-gregg-popovich-colin-kaepernick

Pardon me if posted already. Pop backing the ultimate con who sold out to Nike as well. Spurs fan x 25 years and as a former Army doc I am having a very hard time dealing with Pop’s latest diatribe - yet he is coaching the USA. IMO as that coach - politics should be put aside in that roll - plus he has Kerr who also plays the politics game.

alpha_HaZE
08-14-2019, 05:56 PM
Pop is doing the right thing, but people like you will try to twist it to fit your narrative.

Rummpd
08-14-2019, 06:02 PM
Why is it the right thing? I do understand his protest but Pop does not need to be devisive in his role

mookie2001
08-14-2019, 06:02 PM
ARMY DOC: FORCEFIELD ENGAGED.

Pavlov
08-14-2019, 06:03 PM
People clutch their pearls if they don't agree with the celebrity who is speaking.

exstatic
08-14-2019, 06:17 PM
https://www.si.com/nba/2019/08/14/usa-basketball-gregg-popovich-colin-kaepernick

Pardon me if posted already. Pop backing the ultimate con who sold out to Nike as well. Spurs fan x 25 years and as a former Army doc I am having a very hard time dealing with Pop’s latest diatribe - yet he is coaching the USA. IMO as that coach - politics should be put aside in that roll - plus he has Kerr who also plays the politics game.

This is what free speech is. You are not always going to agree with people's POV, and you don't have to.

Kermit
08-14-2019, 06:19 PM
This is what free speech is. You are not always going to agree with people's POV, and you don't have to.

In other words, those freedoms you fought for as a member of the military.

lmbebo
08-14-2019, 06:21 PM
oh brother. I agree with Pop. He's free to say what you want. You are free to ignore him.

Rummpd
08-14-2019, 06:26 PM

I understand that fully, but does not mean I personally support it and I believe the time to express such views is not when you are in his current role that IMO should not be a political forum.

Pavlov
08-14-2019, 06:34 PM
I understand that fully, but does not mean I personally support it and I believe the time to express such views is not when you are in his current role that IMO should not be a political forum.That's precisely the time to say what one wants about the government whether we support the views or not. That's what makes America great.

ZeusWillJudge
08-14-2019, 06:45 PM
There are different points of view - I get that. Pop calling anyone who disagrees with him "ignorant" is in itself an ignorant thing for him to do. It's a long way from "This is what I believe" to that kind of rhetoric. Name calling in that circumstance is a pretty stupid choice for someone who believes he is so wise. He's as guilty of fanning the flames as anyone else.

And, no, Kaepernick didn't "sacrifice his career" with the kneeling protest. He sacrificed his career by being an ineffective quarterback. Pop wants to perpetuate the idea that this is the 60's and Kapernick's protest was the equivalent of the Selma march, and that the mean ol' NFL kicked him out of his career. But the fact is, he played a whole NFL season after he first took a knee, and had a QB RTG under 50 and his team was 1-10 with him as a starter. The year before they were 2-6 with him as a starter, and he had a QB RTG of 43.

The "sacrifice" narrative is a myth that helps a certain type of person with their white guilt, but it totally ignores the fact that Kaepernick was on his way out before he ever took a knee, and his play in 2016 was the coup de gras. I don't give a shit if he wants to protest, but he played himself out of a job. He would have done well to focus on getting better, just like Pop would do well to focus on getting this thin team ready instead of holding up the ghost of Colin Kaepernick as "proof" of the boogey-man.

baseline bum
08-14-2019, 06:53 PM

I don't think he said he was a doctor in WWII tbh.

UZER
08-14-2019, 06:59 PM
And yet Pop kept a worthless white privileged Bonner on the roster for 10 years. He could’ve given multiple real underprivileged brothas an opportunity.

Rummpd
08-14-2019, 07:01 PM
That's precisely the time to say what one wants about the government whether we support the views or not. That's what makes America great.

I respect your view even if disagree.

poopbox
08-14-2019, 07:08 PM
Oh yes this type of thread always bring out the mayonnaise and coal miners :lmao

RD2191
08-14-2019, 07:10 PM
2/10 trolling

SpurPadre
08-14-2019, 07:12 PM
Why is it the right thing? I do understand his protest but Pop does not need to be devisive in his role

LOL, a Trump supporter accusing someone of being divisive! That's like Load Management accusing a player of taking too many games off.

BackHome
08-14-2019, 07:13 PM
Pop
is
Woke

Allan Rowe vs Wade
08-14-2019, 07:21 PM
hope this helps to attract and retain talent for the spurs tbh

#DealWithCIAPop

tbdog
08-14-2019, 07:53 PM
Pop served in the army. Did intel. Worked overseas for his country. And has paid more tax in one year than probably everyone of this forum combined. I think he is entitled to say wtf he wants about his country.

weebo
08-14-2019, 07:56 PM

Oh please STFU, pu$$y.

Nivek_ogre
08-14-2019, 08:00 PM
Grow up. Who honestly gives a shit.

weebo
08-14-2019, 08:01 PM
There are different points of view - I get that. Pop calling anyone who disagrees with him "ignorant" is in itself an ignorant thing for him to do. It's a long way from "This is what I believe" to that kind of rhetoric. Name calling in that circumstance is a pretty stupid choice for someone who believes he is so wise. He's as guilty of fanning the flames as anyone else.

And, no, Kaepernick didn't "sacrifice his career" with the kneeling protest. He sacrificed his career by being an ineffective quarterback. Pop wants to perpetuate the idea that this is the 60's and Kapernick's protest was the equivalent of the Selma march, and that the mean ol' NFL kicked him out of his career. But the fact is, he played a whole NFL season after he first took a knee, and had a QB RTG under 50 and his team was 1-10 with him as a starter. The year before they were 2-6 with him as a starter, and he had a QB RTG of 43.

The "sacrifice" narrative is a myth that helps a certain type of person with their white guilt, but it totally ignores the fact that Kaepernick was on his way out before he ever took a knee, and his play in 2016 was the coup de gras. I don't give a shit if he wants to protest, but he played himself out of a job. He would have done well to focus on getting better, just like Pop would do well to focus on getting this thin team ready instead of holding up the ghost of Colin Kaepernick as "proof" of the boogey-man.

Yet Brian Hoyer still has a job in the NFL... :lol

barakz21
08-14-2019, 08:39 PM

Doc as in doctor or medic?

spurraider21
08-14-2019, 08:41 PM

you only care that pop expresses political opinions because you dont agree with them

there's no reason he shouldn't be allowed to say what he thinks

spurraider21
08-14-2019, 08:43 PM

he's better than every backup QB in the NFL and even some starters. imo 100% chance he would be in the league but not for politics

niners were a dumpster fire which is why chip kelly was fired after 1 season. kaep's individual performance wasnt that bad. he threw 16 TD's to 4 INT's with a passer rating north of 90. i dont think he had a career as a starter left, but no chance he'd be out of the league. the following season you had guys like austin davis starting games. nathan peterman has started multiple games. ej manuel. geno smith.

Leetonidas
08-14-2019, 08:44 PM
Lol triggered snowflake. Newsflash old timer: Pop don't give a fuck about your delicate sensibilites and no one else does either

spurraider21
08-14-2019, 08:50 PM
and :lmao "as an army doc"

we all appreciate your service, but that doesn't make your political views any more or less legitimate.

Mr. Body
08-14-2019, 08:56 PM

Oh good Christ.

koriwhat
08-14-2019, 08:59 PM

yeah pop lost his balls a couple yrs back.

Pop is doing the right thing, but people like you will try to twist it to fit your narrative.

:lmao bullshit!

RD2191
08-14-2019, 09:23 PM
Pop is a public figure, you're just some asshole on the internet. I'd say he has more of a right than you to speak on politics.

TimmyBuckets
08-14-2019, 09:23 PM

KobesAchilles
08-14-2019, 09:52 PM
he's better than every backup QB in the NFL and even some starters. imo 100% chance he would be in the league but not for politics

niners were a dumpster fire which is why chip kelly was fired after 1 season. kaep's individual performance wasnt that bad. he threw 16 TD's to 4 INT's with a passer rating north of 90. i dont think he had a career as a starter left, but no chance he'd be out of the league. the following season you had guys like austin davis starting games. nathan peterman has started multiple games. ej manuel. geno smith.

im a huge 49ers fan bro. He sucked that year. He has a game where he passed for 6 yards. No that is not a typo. He had ONE great game against Miami where he threw 4 TDs and the rest of the year he was beyond garbage. Dude literally deserved to be benched in favor of Blaine Gabbart. Do you know how much you actually have to suck to deservedly be benched in favor of him :lol

Also the 16 to 4 interceptions is the biggest baloney of all time. 49ers where down like 21 points every single game he started and he would throw a couple of garbage time touchdowns to make it look respectable. I mean look at the losses they had and tell me how much of an impact his 16 touchdowns had. 16-45. 17-34. 23-41. 26-6. 17-30. 13-41. The dude sucked that year. He threw for UNDER 190 passing yards per game.

so yes you can say he’s better than 90% of all back ups but what’s the name of Detroit’s back up? Or Seattle’s? Or even Dallas. You don’t want your backup to be well known. You want him solely as a practice guy and to sit on the bench and hand your starter his water. Not in front of the media or having a campaign or the owner or the coach answering questions about your back up. He’s not the starter. So why should a franchise expect to treat him as one.

spurs10
08-14-2019, 10:01 PM
Pop has always been clear that he stands against the 'race-baiting and fear-mongering' that has proven to be dangerous, deadly, and 'divisive' by intention. I don't think he cares much about those who support that kind of thought. I'm with him all the way and proud he's our coach.

Prime BEEF
08-14-2019, 10:19 PM

spot on

Mugen
08-14-2019, 10:36 PM
The real travesty is that he's going to start Bryn again this season.

Gibbz
08-14-2019, 10:36 PM
"Stick to sports," says retard who spends entire days promoting his own political views on the internet. Also no one cares that you were such a loser that you had to be an Army doctor.

gambit1990
08-14-2019, 10:50 PM
i can’t stand how fox news / the right “stands for personal freedoms” but is against public figures sharing their opinion :lol

“lebron should shut up and dribble”
“taylor swift should stick to signing”
“hard to stomach this by pop”

such moaning.

gambit1990
08-14-2019, 10:56 PM
fox news / the right is fine if public figures are licking their assholes though:

Dex
08-14-2019, 10:57 PM
Kaepernick's beef was never with the American military. He was trying to give a voice against police brutality and racial inequality which still pervades our societies to this day.

It was the media who turned the whole narrative "he is disrespecting the flag, and the military, and America".

The military doesn't fight for a country that forces everyone to get up and salute the flag when they are told to...in fact, the military fights for a country that gives people the choice not to.

As someone who stands and holds my hand over my heart every time the national anthem plays, I fully respect your love and honor for America, and thank anyone who sacrifices their lives for it.

But as this country gave you a voice, you should respect the voice of others even if you don't quite agree with it.

timtonymanu
08-14-2019, 11:02 PM
Real question is does OP still have a petite wife?

ElNono
08-14-2019, 11:04 PM

It's spelled role. Where did you learn to write, the Army?

spurraider21
08-14-2019, 11:06 PM
im a huge 49ers fan bro. He sucked that year. He has a game where he passed for 6 yards. No that is not a typo. He had ONE great game against Miami where he threw 4 TDs and the rest of the year he was beyond garbage. Dude literally deserved to be benched in favor of Blaine Gabbart. Do you know how much you actually have to suck to deservedly be benched in favor of him :lol

Also the 16 to 4 interceptions is the biggest baloney of all time. 49ers where down like 21 points every single game he started and he would throw a couple of garbage time touchdowns to make it look respectable. I mean look at the losses they had and tell me how much of an impact his 16 touchdowns had. 16-45. 17-34. 23-41. 26-6. 17-30. 13-41. The dude sucked that year. He threw for UNDER 190 passing yards per game.

so yes you can say he’s better than 90% of all back ups but what’s the name of Detroit’s back up? Or Seattle’s? Or even Dallas. You don’t want your backup to be well known. You want him solely as a practice guy and to sit on the bench and hand your starter his water. Not in front of the media or having a campaign or the owner or the coach answering questions about your back up. He’s not the starter. So why should a franchise expect to treat him as one.
I said his career as a starter was likely over. But he wasn’t a trainwreck like osweiler for Houston. And gabbert was the initial starter that year with chip. He got benched for Colin iirc. Kaep was bad. He wasn’t “doesn’t belong in the nfl” bad.

As for big name backups, there is a point to be made there. Teams usually tolerate player that brings a media circus if they play well enough to justify dealing with it. It’s unlikely a backup would. But nothing inherently wrong with having a well known name as your backup. Rg3 is a backup. Kaep is better than him. Bridgewater and Tannehill are the two i can think of who are better players than kaep

tmtcsc
08-14-2019, 11:23 PM
Pop is a public figure, you're just some asshole on the internet. I'd say he has more of a right than you to speak on politics.

Shut your mouth, you celebrity Cuck. I don't care how great a coach Pop is or if he's a public figure, he's still just a dude with one more useless opinion that won't change a fucking thing. The only difference between the two of you is that he cries himself to sleep in a mansion and not a cardboard shack. As for Kaepernick, I don't care if I ever hear or see that Progeria faced Snowflake ever again. I don't think he's anything close to being a patriot. He's an ignorant fuck who pimped Castro and Che Guevara's socialist and Marxist ideals for views and clickbait.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTmsGgX1Q8olnh_6GxgIY9Nh9Hpq0C7z Py47oZF0EpYloia_Bvf

Allan Rowe vs Wade
08-14-2019, 11:31 PM
since when is kneeling considered disrespectful?

#rcia

RD2191
08-14-2019, 11:46 PM
Shut your mouth, you celebrity Cuck. I don't care how great a coach Pop is or if he's a public figure, he's still just a dude with one more useless opinion that won't change a fucking thing. The only difference between the two of you is that he cries himself to sleep in a mansion and not a cardboard shack. As for Kaepernick, I don't care if I ever hear or see that Progeria faced Snowflake ever again. I don't think he's anything close to being a patriot. He's an ignorant fuck who pimped Castro and Che Guevara's socialist and Marxist ideals for views and clickbait.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTmsGgX1Q8olnh_6GxgIY9Nh9Hpq0C7z Py47oZF0EpYloia_Bvf
:lol triggered little snowflake. Sack up, pussy.

Capt Bringdown
08-14-2019, 11:48 PM
I'm moved by Pop's virtue-signaling.
https://media.giphy.com/media/d6KXqyzam7mH3kZvHF/giphy.gif

tmtcsc
08-14-2019, 11:49 PM
:lol triggered little snowflake. Sack up, pussy.

That's my sack on your nose homie. Sniff it in. You just got put in your place with big words. Hope you understood them. :lmao

Here's Rob after reading my reply:

https://i.gifer.com/MYZt.gif

RD2191
08-15-2019, 12:05 AM
That's my sack on your nose homie. Sniff it in. You just got put in your place with big words. Hope you understood them. :lmao

Here's Rob after reading my reply:

https://i.gifer.com/MYZt.gif

:lol you're a sad pathetic little man. Having a meltdown over Pop shitting all over your maga hopes and dreams:lol go jerk off to Trump, faggot

John B
08-15-2019, 12:33 AM

That’s called freedom of speech, and if Pop is in a position to say it then let it be.

wildcardX
08-15-2019, 12:45 AM

YES!! To quote a once famous American:
"When it comes crashing down and it hurts inside. You gotta take a stand it don't hurt to hide. If you hurt my friends then you hurt my pride. I gotta be a man I can't let it slide. I am a real American. Fight for the rights of every man. I am a real American. Fight for what's right, fight for your life."

Aggie Hoopsfan
08-15-2019, 12:50 AM
Some dumb responses here.

Pop's a prick for saying anyone who disagrees with him is ignorant. That's the definition of a condescending and arrogant response. Pop wants to look woke thinking it's going to get him some street cred with his liberal wino alcoholic liberal buddies. If he was being legit he'd be okay with both sides disagreeing, instead of acting like he's intellectually or morally superior somehow.

And to act like Kap isn't playing out of politics and being black balled? Please, the NFL trotted out Ray Lewis after he killed a snitch. Michael Vick after he ran his dog fighting ring. If a guy is talented enough every team in that league has proven they'll hold their nose and sign a guy if they think it'll help them. Kap is a trash QB and isn't playing because he sucks. The NFL is so social justice now, it's even more of a testament to how bad he sucks as a QB that no one will sign him just to virtue signal. Not many guys in the league who threw for seven yards in a game (just about any bum off this forum could manage that).

spurs10
08-15-2019, 01:05 AM

Pop's a prick for saying anyone who disagrees with him is ignorant. That's the definition of a condescending and arrogant response. Pop wants to look woke thinking it's going to get him some street cred with his liberal wino alcoholic liberal buddies. If he was being legit he'd be okay with both sides disagreeing, instead of acting like he's intellectually or morally superior somehow.

And to act like Kap isn't playing out of politics and being black balled? Please, the NFL trotted out Ray Lewis after he killed a snitch. Michael Vick after he ran his dog fighting ring. If a guy is talented enough every team in that league has proven they'll hold their nose and sign a guy if they think it'll help them. Kap is a trash QB and isn't playing because he sucks. The NFL is so social justice now, it's even more of a testament to how bad he sucks as a QB that no one will sign him just to virtue signal. Not many guys in the league who threw for seven yards in a game (just about any bum off this forum could manage that). Pop could care less about whether someone agrees or disagrees. He’s just calling it like he sees it.

Pavlov
08-15-2019, 01:21 AM

And to act like Kap isn't playing out of politics and being black balled? Please, the NFL trotted out Ray Lewis after he killed a snitch. Michael Vick after he ran his dog fighting ring. If a guy is talented enough every team in that league has proven they'll hold their nose and sign a guy if they think it'll help them. Kap is a trash QB and isn't playing because he sucks. The NFL is so social justice now, it's even more of a testament to how bad he sucks as a QB that no one will sign him just to virtue signal. Not many guys in the league who threw for seven yards in a game (just about any bum off this forum could manage that).:lol The NFL agreed they blackballed Kaep and paid for it.

And Pop can say other people are ignorant if he wants. We say that shit all the time here.

Proxy
08-15-2019, 01:28 AM
sports have always been involved heavily into politics, getting upset about Pop, Kerr, of Kaep is the most snowflake shit I’ve ever seen. “He so condescending :((((((((“

Proxy
08-15-2019, 01:38 AM
You guys gonna get angry about the new rocko’s modern life episode too? :lol

Spurs Homer
08-15-2019, 01:42 AM
Every single word pop said was pure truth.

You have a right to a different opinion - but not a right to make up your own truth.

Every single word was 100% true - he nailed it.

cool cat
08-15-2019, 02:13 AM
Every single word pop said was pure truth.

You have a right to a different opinion - but not a right to make up your own truth.

Every single word was 100% true - he nailed it.

“He cared about his country enough to fix some things that were obvious”. What did Kaepernick fix?

napadaj
08-15-2019, 03:36 AM
No one feels more entitled to spout bullshit than the US army fucktards. Yeah right, you're such a hero for going overseas to kill Afghan/Syrian/Iraqi/Vietnamese/Serbian/etc people. Dumbass.

boutons_deux
08-15-2019, 06:08 AM
"anyone who sacrifices their lives for it."

It's been decades since a military dying was a sacrifice for the country.

America's corrupt military, $700B EVERY FUCKING YEAR and can't win shit, is all about protecting/enriching BigOil, BigCorp, and corporate welfare for the MIC and its investors, while spending $500M/year on marketing.

bigfan
08-15-2019, 06:11 AM
Mods please kill this horseshit thread.

baseline bum
08-15-2019, 06:41 AM
LOL, a Trump supporter accusing someone of being divisive! That's like Load Management accusing a player of taking too many games off.

/thread

Allan Rowe vs Wade
08-15-2019, 06:52 AM
You guys gonna get angry about the new rocko’s modern life episode too? :lol

is it not any good?

Genovaswitness
08-15-2019, 06:53 AM
I’m so tired of this team being a laughingstock. From the FO seemingly forgetting how to operate after 2014 to losing kawhi to having a hyperliberal coach who deflects every chance he gets to having said coach run team USA, have every player not want to play for him (conforming what we already knew in regards to stars not wanting to play with us) and then losing to G league players. fuck everything

Bellboy
08-15-2019, 07:11 AM

:pop: You are right as a public figure I do have more of a right to speak on politics. Thanks for pointing it
out, asshole on the internet.

dbestpro
08-15-2019, 09:23 AM

And you are trying to twist your narrative. So what is the difference or perhaps you don't own a mirror? As far as every liberal action Pop and the Spurs do is gold, do you all really support the male cheerleaders over the female cheerleaders?

D-Robinson 50 fan
08-15-2019, 09:35 AM
Kaepernick's beef was never with the American military. He was trying to give a voice against police brutality and racial inequality which still pervades our societies to this day.

It was the media who turned the whole narrative "he is disrespecting the flag, and the military, and America".

The military doesn't fight for a country that forces everyone to get up and salute the flag when they are told to...in fact, the military fights for a country that gives people the choice not to.

As someone who stands and holds my hand over my heart every time the national anthem plays, I fully respect your love and honor for America, and thank anyone who sacrifices their lives for it.

But as this country gave you a voice, you should respect the voice of others even if you don't quite agree with it.

Great response

I'm a retired Vet and currently work for the government and I cosign this post 100%.

Genovaswitness
08-15-2019, 09:48 AM
Great response

I'm a retired Vet and currently work for the government and I cosign this post 100%.

thing is kap was already figured out and was done as a starter by the time he started his asinine kneeling bullshit. he saw an opportunity to remain relevant and has run with it for the past 4 years

mo7888
08-15-2019, 10:12 AM
When I hear Pop say things like this I figure he is disinterested in coaching or is trying to distract from this team because he doesn't believe we can really compete.

bklynspursfan
08-15-2019, 10:48 AM
people care far more about protecting their 2nd amendment rights vs their 1st it seems

Rummpd
08-15-2019, 10:55 AM
I respect all alternative views and understand the main point by many that our hard earned freedoms, means he can say freely what he wants. Doesn't mean I have to like it or agree with it but he can surely say it even in his current role. Also, agree with earlier post - time to end this thread.

Proxy
08-15-2019, 11:17 AM
is it not any good?

it's just a rocko episode... one of the characters is trans though, so you know... there's people crying about sjw media, same people that get angry at people kneeling during the anthem

jermaine
08-15-2019, 11:26 AM

Ain't that what you stood for!?! Equality, Justice, freedom for everyone!?! An man kneeling peacefully is a problem to you!?! This is why this country is so divided. You racist are all the same.

superbigtime
08-15-2019, 11:33 AM
butthurt rightwingers can't stand when not everyone follows the herd.

exstatic
08-15-2019, 11:41 AM
...An man kneeling peacefully is a problem to you!?!...

This is my main issue. A black main peacefully kneels in protest, and it's the END OF THE FUCKING UNIVERSE! Meanwhile, over at 8CHAN, the latest weaponized incel loser white boy is being egged on to go on a rampage with his 100 round magazine. The last one killed 26 fucking people in 32 seconds. THAT is something to be legitimately angry at, and FOX barely registers it, other than to send out their usual platitudinous thought and prayers. Thoughts and prayers don't do shit to stop the next one. A ban on ALL assault weapons for civilians and high capacity magazines would, as proven by the fact that the WORST mass shootings have taken place since the expiration of the previous assault weapons ban.

dbestpro
08-15-2019, 12:14 PM
At the end of the day, taking a knee is not conveying the message that was intended and is actually causing the opposite effect. Time to change the message to one that is agreeable so we can get back to the issue at hand which is brutality by police, and protecting the public. Otherwise, it is just a pissing contest where mostly everyone forgets the original issue.

Spurs Homer
08-15-2019, 12:22 PM
“He cared about his country enough to fix some things that were obvious”. What did Kaepernick fix?

he risked his career to try and bring attention to social issues - namely police misconduct against people of color

he brought attention but the trump racist cult of course got triggered when trump gaslit the country by falsely making the issue about disrespecting the flag

the guy that stood on a podium and pledged allegiance to Russia questioned black citizens patriotism

and your racism caused you to follow and support the traitor

and denounce the black American patriot

truth

monty4329
08-15-2019, 12:53 PM

+1

monty4329
08-15-2019, 12:55 PM
he risked his career to try and bring attention to social issues - namely police misconduct against people of color

he brought attention but the trump racist cult of course got triggered when trump gaslit the country by falsely making the issue about disrespecting the flag

the guy that stood on a podium and pledged allegiance to Russia questioned black citizens patriotism

truth

WTF ?

Pavlov
08-15-2019, 01:10 PM
And you are trying to twist your narrative. So what is the difference or perhaps you don't own a mirror? As far as every liberal action Pop and the Spurs do is gold, do you all really support the male cheerleaders over the female cheerleaders?:lol the "hype squad" isn't a liberal move. It's a money move. Cheerleaders are ticking harassment lawsuit bombs and not worth the trouble.

exstatic
08-15-2019, 01:13 PM
:lol the "hype squad" isn't a liberal move. It's a money move. Cheerleaders are ticking harassment lawsuit bombs and not worth the trouble.

Not to mention the whole redskins cheerleaders taken to central America, passports confiscated, and season ticketholders were basically allowed to grope them debacle....

urunobili
08-15-2019, 03:12 PM
Lol short memory cuckolds offended by Kap.

He first sat during the anthem, a soldier called him out for it and suggested he should kneel instead. Then he kneeled, and all of a sudden it’s anti patriotic? That’s disrespecting the flag? Kneeling is the ultimate show of respect TBH. Get your head out of your bum if you feel that’s disrespecting to the flag and or the country. If you don’t like someone shoving in your face a nasty issue that affects our beloved country, at least be humble enough to keep it shut. Freedom of speech is the base of democracy.

Pavlov
08-15-2019, 03:17 PM

He first sat during the anthem, a soldier called him out for it and suggested he should kneel instead. Then he kneeled, and all of a sudden it’s anti patriotic? That’s disrespecting the flag? Kneeling is the ultimate show of respect TBH. Get your head out of your bum if you feel that’s disrespecting to the flag and or the country. If you don’t like someone shoving in your face a nasty issue that affects our beloved country, at least be humble enough to keep it shut. Freedom of speech is the base of democracy.Yeah, as protests go it's difficult to think of a more respectful one than kneeling.

Genovaswitness
08-15-2019, 03:30 PM
*cant make second reads*
*no touch on any passes*
*figured out like every other NFL gimmick*

*NFL monies running out*

*kneels*
*gets on twitter*

WHY WONT ANYBODY GIVE ME A JOB :lmao

LaMarcus Bryant
08-15-2019, 04:34 PM

And to act like Kap isn't playing out of politics and being black balled? Please, the NFL trotted out Ray Lewis after he killed a snitch. Michael Vick after he ran his dog fighting ring. If a guy is talented enough every team in that league has proven they'll hold their nose and sign a guy if they think it'll help them. Kap is a trash QB and isn't playing because he sucks. The NFL is so social justice now, it's even more of a testament to how bad he sucks as a QB that no one will sign him just to virtue signal. Not many guys in the league who threw for seven yards in a game (just about any bum off this forum could manage that).

OMG AN AGGIE THINKS KP IS TRASH how are you gonna face the Corps in college station with such a unique and non-aggie-centric point of view

Namundy
08-15-2019, 04:57 PM
Man that really sucks. I feel for ya. Have you tried getting over it?

cd021
08-15-2019, 05:12 PM
If there's one thing I've learned, people tend to use the term "divisive" when they don't agree with an issue to make it sound less cut and dry.

Pop is stating his opinion and he's right and has a right too, in my opinion. I don't think he'll turn may people off to team USA basketball because of it tbh.

D-Robinson 50 fan
08-15-2019, 05:12 PM
thing is kap was already figured out and was done as a starter by the time he started his asinine kneeling bullshit. he saw an opportunity to remain relevant and has run with it for the past 4 years

That's your opinion and you're entitled to voice it, just like Pop when he answered the question the reporter asked

cd021
08-15-2019, 05:20 PM
:lol the "hype squad" isn't a liberal move. It's a money move. Cheerleaders are ticking harassment lawsuit bombs and not worth the trouble.

Agreed, tbh. Not to mention lawsuits relating to wages and how they get screwed there.

Not to mention the whole redskins cheerleaders taken to central America, passports confiscated, and season ticketholders were basically allowed to grope them debacle....

I forgot about that, that's sketchy as hell. Ticket holders were also allowed to attend photo shoots where they were required to be topless.

koriwhat
08-15-2019, 05:26 PM
he risked his career

you mean that 1st ballot HOF backup to the backup to the backup QB? :lmao

truth.

Chinook
08-15-2019, 05:29 PM
It's sort of amazing how conservatives can get so offended by people saying things they don't like or not believing in the same things they do. Many don't realize that most people from marginalized groups had to put up with that shit for years and to an extent still put up with it. Watching other shows or movies or read older books, and you an almost homogeneous cast of WASP characters. Having racist and otherwise bigoted celebrities being promoted as the "Everyman". Fighting and dying for a country that wouldn't give you the right to vote or marry who you want. That's what it really means to have to deal with divisive shit, not hearing someone say something you don't agree with.

It's divisive to tell someone they're one gender when they don't feel that way. It's divisive to tell someone that they should be worried about "black on black crime" as if that makes it okay when police go too far. It's divisive to tell someone they have to forget their history in order to meet your standard of "being American".

Genovaswitness
08-15-2019, 06:18 PM
That's your opinion and you're entitled to voice it, just like Pop when he answered the question the reporter asked

it's not an opinion at all lol he started all of this when he started to become an irrelevant no longer starting QB. I can't wait until he's old enough to definitively never even be able to play in the NFL so we don't have to hear about him anymore. nobody remembers shareef abdur rahim

benefactor
08-15-2019, 06:28 PM
OPs Panamanian wife has trouble stomaching the loads I line her esophagus with, but all things work out in the end tbh

spurs10
08-15-2019, 06:28 PM

truth Well there is that! :bobo

exstatic
08-15-2019, 06:29 PM
it's not an opinion at all lol he started all of this when he started to become an irrelevant no longer starting QB. I can't wait until he's old enough to definitively never even be able to play in the NFL so we don't have to hear about him anymore. nobody remembers shareef abdur rahim

Retard. It was mahmoud abdul-rauf.

cool cat
08-15-2019, 06:31 PM

truth

:lmao Someone is drunk, bringing attention to something is not fixing it. If there is a hole in a boat and I bring it to everyone attention doesn't mean I fixed it.

Truth

callo1
08-15-2019, 07:16 PM
Don't mind Pop's opinion, but I find it interesting that he throws shade on people who hug the flag, while at the same time places a backup quarterback (at best) on a pedestal as some martyr of social injustice.

I mean, seriously, Kaep didn't sacrifice anything. He isn't a true activist. He kneeled and ended up getting a Nike contract.

I think Bo Jackson said it best, when he said an activist would be out in the sweltering heat in DC protesting.

Bo didn't question the cause, he questioned the energy expended by such an activist.

Pop just says some really odd things at times. I will never forget when he blasted the fans for cheering so much when Boban checked into the game. Pop was being a complete hypocrite in that situation for assuming that the cheers were disingenuous of the fans.

Look, I really respect Pop, but he isn't beyond reproach.

UZER
08-15-2019, 07:23 PM
Don't mind Pop's opinion, but I find it interesting that he throws shade on people who hug the flag, while at the same time places a backup quarterback (at best) on a pedestal as some martyr of social injustice.

I mean, seriously, Kaep didn't sacrifice anything. He isn't a true activist. He kneeled and ended up getting a Nike contract.

I think Bo Jackson said it best, when he said an activist would be out in the sweltering heat in DC protesting.

Bo didn't question the cause, he questioned the energy expended by such an activist.

Pop just says some really odd things at times. I will never forget when he blasted the fans for cheering so much when Boban checked into the game. Pop was being a complete hypocrite in that situation for assuming that the cheers were disingenuous of the fans.

This opinion makes you a racist. (blue font)

ducks
08-15-2019, 07:24 PM

The right thing to do is talk about USA team not bringing other people up
What the former football player did has Nothing to do with the USA basketball.

He is paid to coach basketball not tell me what he thinks on other subjects
I have no problem if he goes on cnn foxnews msnbc and talk about politics but not on basketball time

Spurs Homer
08-15-2019, 07:24 PM
:lmao Someone is drunk, bringing attention to something is not fixing it. If there is a hole in a boat and I bring it to everyone attention doesn't mean I fixed it.

Truth

But bringing attention to something that is wrong at your own personal risk - is still miles ahead of doing absolutely nothing and NOT risking yourself.

Had we been blessed with a true leader instead of a racist -

this leader - could have taken the issue - brought positive attention to the cause -
encouraged the DOJ to institute a number of changes to help solve the issue or at least lessen it.

Together they could have been a positive force - instead of using the issue to throw red meat to racists and actually make the issue worse.

But keep hating on the patriot that tried to do something positive

and

keep supporting the traitor who pledged allegiance to an enemy foreign government and then had enough evil motives to try and paint the patriot as some kind of hater of america.

not too hard to see this issue clearly - if you can put your racism on the shelf for a minute

Leetonidas
08-15-2019, 07:26 PM
I still don't get how braindead troglodytes think kneeling during the anthem has something to do with a flag :lol

ducks
08-15-2019, 07:26 PM

This post is spot on in many areas

Leetonidas
08-15-2019, 07:27 PM

I have no problem if he goes on cnn foxnews msnbc and talk about politics but not on basketball time

Too bad no one gives a fuck what you want someone to talk about when theyre being interviewed. Suck it up snowflake

ducks
08-15-2019, 07:28 PM
I still don't get how braindead troglodytes think kneeling during the anthem has something to do with a flag :lol

What is the reason for it except for drawing attention to yourself instead of having people look to the flag during the song out of respect!

ducks
08-15-2019, 07:28 PM
Too bad no one gives a fuck what you want someone to talk about when theyre being interviewed. Suck it up snowflake

You first tough guy

Leetonidas
08-15-2019, 07:29 PM
What is the reason for it except for drawing attention to yourself instead of having people look to the flag during the song out of respect!

To trigger whiny ass old shits like you :lol

And that's quite a reach. It has nothing to do with the flag. Your little pea brain I'm sure probably gets that on some level

Genovaswitness
08-15-2019, 07:31 PM
Retard. It was mahmoud abdul-rauf.

thanks for making my point

Spurs Homer
08-15-2019, 07:34 PM

but that is so dishonest...

kap could have protested in a number of ways -and EVERY ONE OF THEM

would have been disrespectful

TO RACISTS!!!!

March down the street:"they hate america - why not just leave!"

wear clothing with a patch in protest; "disrespecting the uniform"

hold a rally : "look at those flags - look at those thugs"

he was going to sit during anthem - but consulted with a WHITE soldier - a war hero -

who advised him that "taking a knee" was the way soldiers showed respect to a fallen comrade -

so he did

and of course the racists lost their shit.

Joseph Kony
08-15-2019, 07:44 PM
:cry muh flag :cry

Nathan89
08-15-2019, 07:46 PM

Probably has something to do with using the anthem stage to protest for random cause which is something that can be done forever because there will always be something to protest. That added to fact those people recognize the value of the anthem.

Your big brain surely could've figured that out.

Pavlov
08-15-2019, 07:46 PM
Retard. It was mahmoud abdul-rauf.:lol Rahim was pretty good tbh

Nathan89
08-15-2019, 07:48 PM
If you don't want people to connect on an American level then I assure you they'll fall back to racial groups. You have it your way.

ducks
08-15-2019, 07:50 PM
In America if you are not having your way feel offended and you might get your way
Feeling offended is now the magic word not please and thank you

callo1
08-15-2019, 08:00 PM
but that is so dishonest...

TO RACISTS!!!!

March down the street:"they hate america - why not just leave!"

wear clothing with a patch in protest; "disrespecting the uniform"

hold a rally : "look at those flags - look at those thugs"

he was going to sit during anthem - but consulted with a WHITE soldier - a war hero -

who advised him that "taking a knee" was the way soldiers showed respect to a fallen comrade -

so he did

and of course the racists lost their shit.

I have no issue with the kneeling, but at the same time, I have no problem with ownership not wanting it to hurt their franchise. I mean, I can't say or do anything I please at my job. I can't even go out to a bar with my company shirt on. I represent more than myself, and I fully acknowledge and agree with that fact.

baseline bum
08-15-2019, 08:05 PM

TO RACISTS!!!!

^ this

TrumpLovesPop
08-15-2019, 08:08 PM
Pop is a libtard, is he aware of the Uranium One deal?

TrumpLovesPop
08-15-2019, 08:14 PM

He first sat during the anthem, a soldier called him out for it and suggested he should kneel instead. Then he kneeled, and all of a sudden it’s anti patriotic? That’s disrespecting the flag? Kneeling is the ultimate show of respect TBH. Get your head out of your bum if you feel that’s disrespecting to the flag and or the country. If you don’t like someone shoving in your face a nasty issue that affects our beloved country, at least be humble enough to keep it shut. Freedom of speech is the base of democracy.

If you think the USA is a democracy you are dumb AF. We are a constitutional republic.

BackHome
08-15-2019, 08:31 PM
Pop
Is
Woke

Leetonidas
08-15-2019, 08:49 PM
Probably has something to do with using the anthem stage to protest for random cause which is something that can be done forever because there will always be something to protest. That added to fact those people recognize the value of the anthem.

Your big brain surely could've figured that out.

So again what does that have to do with the flag?

Joseph Kony
08-15-2019, 08:58 PM
If you don't want people to connect on an American level then I assure you they'll fall back to racial groups. You have it your way.

:lmao retard

cool cat
08-15-2019, 09:08 PM
But bringing attention to something that is wrong at your own personal risk - is still miles ahead of doing absolutely nothing and NOT risking yourself.

Had we been blessed with a true leader instead of a racist -

this leader - could have taken the issue - brought positive attention to the cause -
encouraged the DOJ to institute a number of changes to help solve the issue or at least lessen it.

Together they could have been a positive force - instead of using the issue to throw red meat to racists and actually make the issue worse.

But keep hating on the patriot that tried to do something positive

and

keep supporting the traitor who pledged allegiance to an enemy foreign government and then had enough evil motives to try and paint the patriot as some kind of hater of america.

not too hard to see this issue clearly - if you can put your racism on the shelf for a minute

:lol Pop made the claim Kaep "fixed" something yet you can't name one thing Kaep fixed. You are such a loser that you can't take the 'L' and instead try to attribute motive to someone you don't know on the internet in order to shame them. That is textbook fascism.

I will give Kaep some credit, he sucked playing in the NFL and was able to fix his bank account by being a social justice warrior. I don't blame him, chase the money bro and if you can do something positive go for it. :bling:fro

tim_duncan_fan
08-15-2019, 09:10 PM
God fascists are annoying.

We shouldn't worship the government here. This ain't China. Go away.

cool cat
08-15-2019, 09:13 PM
So again what does that have to do with the flag?

Um, the anthem is literally a song about the flag and called "The Star-Spangled Banner".

Nathan89
08-15-2019, 09:17 PM
:lmao retard

Damnit, I'd thought I'd be hit with default "racist" comment that you morons call everyone that deviates from your groupthink.

Nathan89
08-15-2019, 09:18 PM
God fascists are annoying.

We shouldn't worship the government here. This ain't China. Go away.

Nobody argued that. Keep beating down them strawmen.

Nathan89
08-15-2019, 09:20 PM
The same imbecile was outraged about that racist Betsy Ross flag.:lmao

cd021
08-15-2019, 10:36 PM
Exactly, that never made sense. Then they started burning Nike's and that's- well-that's just fucking stupid.

Genovaswitness
08-15-2019, 10:43 PM
what's most disheartening is that san antonio is a military city. pop is constantly doing things undermining their efforts. a real shame T B H

Nathan89
08-15-2019, 10:48 PM
"Like a Kaepernick. That was a very patriotic thing he did. He cared about his country enough to fix some things that were obvious, that everybody knows about but does nothing about."

Pop had the perfect opportunity to be patriotic in 2014 when he met the president. All he was shake hands and smile though. Coward.

cd021
08-15-2019, 10:57 PM

If Bo Jackson really said that then that's silly. There are different ways of protesting, who's to say marching is the right way? For one person to draw so much coverage, Kap's methods were remarkably effective-whether you agree or not. Him getting a Nike deal has little to do with the protest and is a weird criticism.

Tommy Smith and John Carlos both meddled and raised their fists at the Olympics, because they weren't in D.C. then it's a questionable form of activism?

Spurs Homer
08-15-2019, 11:09 PM
:lol Pop made the claim Kaep "fixed" something yet you can't name one thing Kaep fixed. You are such a loser that you can't take the 'L' and instead try to attribute motive to someone you don't know on the internet in order to shame them. That is textbook fascism.

I will give Kaep some credit, he sucked playing in the NFL and was able to fix his bank account by being a social justice warrior. I don't blame him, chase the money bro and if you can do something positive go for it. :bling:fro

your racism is your own issue

fix that and you won’t see pops words as a problem

fix your issue and truth won’t stun you when it slaps you across your racist face

lol

cool cat
08-15-2019, 11:49 PM
your racism is your own issue

fix that and you won’t see pops words as a problem

fix your issue and truth won’t stun you when it slaps you across your racist face

lol

You are too funny. I don’t have a problem with Pops words you do, you had 4 post now to explain what Kaep “fixed” and have come up with nothing except to call me a racist. Your fascism is showing.

alpha_HaZE
08-16-2019, 01:29 AM

Pop is not the Orange man, he praises people that show courage not attack people on twitter. Doesn't he have anything better to do than being on social media the all the time???

It's called the first amendment every person is entitled to his own opinion, and he was answering a question the media asked.

AND he is actually one of the best at what he does which is coaching basketball developing players you enjoy to watch!

last but not least, get a life, do something good for you life. I mean it. I am sure there is something better to do than lurking here all day all these years.

Peace

mookie2001
08-16-2019, 02:10 AM
what's most disheartening is that san antonio is a military city. pop is constantly doing things undermining their efforts. a real shame T B H

pop? wasn’t he a captain in the Air Force lol

spurs10
08-16-2019, 02:25 AM
what's most disheartening is that san antonio is a military city. pop is constantly doing things undermining their efforts. a real shame T B H What's a shame is you obviously know nothing about Pop's background. Pop and the Spurs are incredibly supportive of the military.

dbestpro
08-16-2019, 07:26 AM
It's sort of amazing how conservatives can get so offended by people saying things they don't like or not believing in the same things they do. Many don't realize that most people from marginalized groups had to put up with that shit for years and to an extent still put up with it. Watching other shows or movies or read older books, and you an almost homogeneous cast of WASP characters. Having racist and otherwise bigoted celebrities being promoted as the "Everyman". Fighting and dying for a country that wouldn't give you the right to vote or marry who you want. That's what it really means to have to deal with divisive shit, not hearing someone say something you don't agree with.

It's divisive to tell someone they're one gender when they don't feel that way. It's divisive to tell someone that they should be worried about "black on black crime" as if that makes it okay when police go too far. It's divisive to tell someone they have to forget their history in order to meet your standard of "being American".

Now, open your right eye, close your left, and you will find that you can say the same thing about the left using another perspective. In the end, the trick is to use both your eyes.

Pavlov
08-16-2019, 08:40 AM
What effort has been undermined?

Be specific.

Genovaswitness
08-16-2019, 08:43 AM
What effort has been undermined?

Be specific.

caring about the country. not being divisive

Pavlov
08-16-2019, 08:47 AM
caring about the country. not being divisive he's making the military not care about the country?

:lmao

cd021
08-16-2019, 09:03 AM
caring about the country. not being divisive
???

Pavlov
08-16-2019, 09:06 AM
The military effort to not be divisive.

cd021
08-16-2019, 09:07 AM
Seriously "divisiveness" is fucking silly to me. If someone doesn't agree with something then they ,or a small group, can call it divisive to make the subject sound controversial.

Genovaswitness
08-16-2019, 10:05 AM
pop never fails to bring up shit that upsets a not insignificant part of this fanbase. There’s a reason this thread is headed to 10+ page territory. maybe he should’ve coached the kings or warriors based on everything that comes out of his mouth

duncan2k5
08-16-2019, 11:09 AM
So it's only good to protest when it doesn't make ppl uncomfortable? *face-palm* this coming from the country that protested high taxes and committed treason... Yet celebrate it every year... And ur mad that ppl are protesting not getting unfairly killed and targeted? STFU

rastaspur
08-16-2019, 12:45 PM
OP is a snowflake who can't handle the whole concept of free speech and someone's opinion not lining up with your own.

Chinook
08-16-2019, 01:22 PM
Now, open your right eye, close your left, and you will find that you can say the same thing about the left using another perspective. In the end, the trick is to use both your eyes.

It's probably best though to stick to the topic. Saying "The Left is doing it too," doesn't do anything but excuse shitty behavior. Most of my forays into the Political Forum end with the liberal posters disagreeing with me, so it's just lazy to assume I'm blind to the issues on that side. This thread is about right-wing response to Pop's statements.

cd021
08-16-2019, 01:51 PM
pop never fails to bring up shit that upsets a not insignificant part of this fanbase. There’s a reason this thread is headed to 10+ page territory. maybe he should’ve coached the kings or warriors based on everything that comes out of his mouth

Most posters in this thread seem to agree with Pop, or his right to say it, so that kinds goes against your point.

I'm unconvinced that Pops comments would actually turn people off to watching, or following, the USA team or even the Spurs- despite coaching in a deep red state.

Pavlov
08-16-2019, 02:08 PM
pop never fails to bring up shit that upsets a not insignificant part of this fanbase. There’s a reason this thread is headed to 10+ page territory. maybe he should’ve coached the kings or warriors based on everything that comes out of his mouthWell you're saying a lot of stupid shit and people are asking you to explain yourself and/or mocking you. That's good for a few pages right there.

Brazil
08-16-2019, 02:23 PM
OP is a faggot

Genovaswitness
08-16-2019, 02:30 PM
Well you're saying a lot of stupid shit and people are asking you to explain yourself and/or mocking you. That's good for a few pages right there.

Ive already explained myself. Kap is a hasbeen hack and it’s a shame that pop supports him.

Pavlov
08-16-2019, 02:31 PM
Ive already explained myself. Kap is a hasbeen hack and it’s a shame that pop supports him.Yeah you haven't explained anything about your claim that Pop is affecting the military's mission in any way at all.

clambake
08-16-2019, 03:04 PM
he supports the cause. thats pretty much it.

Genovaswitness
08-16-2019, 03:11 PM
Yeah you haven't explained anything about your claim that Pop is affecting the military's mission in any way at all.

*takes knee*

AMERICA BAD

clambake
08-16-2019, 03:34 PM
you should hang out with joey.

Pavlov
08-16-2019, 03:38 PM
*takes knee*

AMERICA BAD1) That's an incredibly stupid claim you made.

2) CK clearly stated several times why he took a knee.

3) Try answering the question: How does Pop's support of CK affect the military in any way?

Genovaswitness
08-16-2019, 03:50 PM
1) That's an incredibly stupid claim you made.

2) CK clearly stated several times why he took a knee.

3) Try answering the question: How does Pop's support of CK affect the military in any way?

its kap’s claim not mine

pop co-signing this clown undermines what the troops are fighting for. it’s incredibly disrespectful to not stand for the pledge. it’s a time for everyone in the stadium to come together. I’m glad I never have to see kap play again tbh

Pavlov
08-16-2019, 03:55 PM
its kap’s claim not mineWhen did he say that? I'd like to see a quote and a link.

pop co-signing this clown undermines what the troops are fighting for. it’s incredibly disrespectful to not stand for the pledge. it’s a time for everyone in the stadium to come together. I’m glad I never have to see kap play again tbhWhat are the troops fighting for and how does taking a knee affect that specifically?

cd021
08-16-2019, 04:01 PM
its kap’s claim not mine

pop co-signing this clown undermines what the troops are fighting for. it’s incredibly disrespectful to not stand for the pledge. it’s a time for everyone in the stadium to come together. I’m glad I never have to see kap play again tbh

How the hell does taking a knee undermine what the troops are fighting for? Kap took a knee instead of sitting after talking to the troops.

Does standing for the anthem bring people together? News to me, also why play the anthem at sporting events in the first place?

cd021
08-16-2019, 04:05 PM
*takes knee*

AMERICA BAD

Trump says "Make America great again" implying that it's bad.

Kap took a knee to draw attention to police violence, he didn't say America was bad ircc.

Genovaswitness
08-16-2019, 04:09 PM
When did he say that? I'd like to see a quote and a link.

What are the troops fighting for and how does taking a knee affect that specifically?

lol I can play that game too.

why is the sky blue

why is water wet

NEXT :lmao

tmtcsc
08-16-2019, 04:22 PM
:lol you're a sad pathetic little man. Having a meltdown over Pop shitting all over your maga hopes and dreams:lol go jerk off to Trump, faggot

The joke's on you - you silly, Picante eating negro. I think Trump's a pathetic dipstick & narcissistic moron. Easily one of the most unintelligent and unqualified men to ever hold the position of POTUS. I got no respect for him. I'm just tired of Pop wrapping his lips around Kaepernick's pipe. And no, Pop is not the smartest man in the room. He's shown himself to be an egotistical prick - especially to the media. Who gives a fuck what happens when the cameras and mic's are off? Is that supposed to make his behavior ok? Is that supposed to wipe away the fact that he treats others like shit and humiliates them in public? He's just another dick with an opinion.

Pavlov
08-16-2019, 04:24 PM
lol I can play that game too.

why is the sky blueBlue light is more easily scattered in the atmosphere as it has a shorter, smaller wavelength.

why is water wetIt's a liquid in a wide range of temperatures.

Just say you can't answer questions about your claims and you're full of shit.

Genovaswitness
08-16-2019, 04:37 PM
Blue light is more easily scattered in the atmosphere as it has a shorter, smaller wavelength.

It's a liquid in a wide range of temperatures.

Just say you can't answer questions about your claims and you're full of shit.

sounds like you need to kneel

Pavlov
08-16-2019, 04:38 PM
sounds like you need to kneel
Sounds like your trying to distract from the fact you failed to back up your shit claims.:tu

shaq_h8ter
08-16-2019, 04:46 PM
Being an citizen of the United States means that you have the right to express your point of view freely.
Especially when your POV is not infringing on someone else's rights by doing so.
So to me someone expressing themself by just taking a knee is not political it's patriotic.

joeyjfive
08-16-2019, 04:56 PM
It’s not hard to stomach for me. But then again I’m not a sensitive bitch.

tim_duncan_fan
08-16-2019, 06:07 PM
If you don't want the government, military, etc institutions of power to be criticized, you should go to China, period.

We don't do unquestioned following here.

Or rather, we shouldn't do that here. Unfortunately, a good 40% of our population is halfwits.

why play the anthem at sporting events in the first place?

Exactly.

Millennial_Messiah
08-17-2019, 12:30 AM
David Robinson was a staunch Democrat, fwiw.

DMX7
08-17-2019, 12:31 AM
I have so much respect for Coach Pop.

Texas_Ranger
08-17-2019, 02:28 AM
the Spurs are the biggest SJW team in the NBA, so Pop sucking off Colin Kaepernick should not be a surprise. The man can think and say whatever he wants. You don't have to agree with him, so who cares.

I am also pretty sure the Spurs will be the first team ever to sign a transgender to the roster or a female player.

bklynspursfan
08-17-2019, 08:02 AM

Like what?

D-Robinson 50 fan
08-17-2019, 08:58 AM
Being an citizen of the United States means that you have the right to express your point of view freely.
Especially when your POV is not infringing on someone else's rights by doing so.
So to me someone expressing themself by just taking a knee is not political it's patriotic.

Great post!

Allan Rowe vs Wade
08-17-2019, 10:43 AM
:cry pop don’t hurt mah military :cry

BackHome
08-17-2019, 12:09 PM
I was laughing when the KY narrative started to turn on Pop and you could tell ESPN was starting to go to the race card with Pop. That’s the main reason I think got the trade to happen you could tell that KY people in Cali/ESPN wanted KY so bad that they were slowly going after Pop.

Birn
08-17-2019, 05:01 PM

Constitutionally protected Free speech rights only apply to the public square.People forget that Kap and all the other kneelers have zero right to take a knee during the playing of the National Anthem. It's a private workplace with rules in place by the employer (NFL) that require they stand and respect the flag. The problem with this CK crapshow is the NFL chose not to enforce their own rules so then everybody started doing it. I blame the NFL for allowing it to get out of control by not punishing or fining anyone. They just needed to strictly enforce their own rules and it would've ended that kneeling BS immediately.

If CK and the rest of the kneelers want to kneel or protest for "social justice" they can do it on their own time. Go write a blog, have your own podcast, radio show, or hell even go and shout your BS while at the side of the street. Go for it all you want - that's where you're free speech is practiced. Any employer or private property owner has the right to limit your free speech and the NFL messed up by allowing it to get out of control.

I challenge any of the kneelers or protesters to go to the funeral of military veteran and take a knee while the anthem is played. If anyone of them would do that they're the most disgusting and gross human beings alive. It's really no different taking a knee while the anthem is played at a football game or at a military funeral.

Sorry to disappoint all you woke Anti-American leftists, CK and all the other kneelers are not patriotic. They're disgusting and deserve all the criticism coming to them. Just my opinion.

Pavlov
08-17-2019, 05:06 PM
Constitutionally protected Free speech rights only apply to the public square.People forget that Kap and all the other kneelers have zero right to take a knee during the playing of the National Anthem. It's a private workplace with rules in place by the employer (NFL) that require they stand and respect the flag. The problem with this CK crapshow is the NFL chose not to enforce their own rules so then everybody started doing it. I blame the NFL for allowing it to get out of control by not punishing or fining anyone. They just needed to strictly enforce their own rules and it would've ended that kneeling BS immediately.

If CK and the rest of the kneelers want to kneel or protest for "social justice" they can do it on their own time. Go write a blog, have your own podcast, radio show, or hell even go and shout your BS while at the side of the street. Go for it all you want - that's where you're free speech is practiced. Any employer or private property owner has the right to limit your free speech and the NFL messed up by allowing it to get out of control.

I challenge any of the kneelers or protesters to go to the funeral of military veteran and take a knee while the anthem is played. If anyone of them would do that they're the most disgusting and gross human beings alive. It's really no different taking a knee while the anthem is played at a football game or at a military funeral.

Sorry to disappoint all you woke Anti-American leftists, CK and all the other kneelers are not patriotic. They're disgusting and deserve all the criticism coming to them. Just my opinion.lol snowflake

Birn
08-17-2019, 05:12 PM
lol snowflake

LOL Cuck

cd021
08-17-2019, 05:15 PM

Sorry to disappoint all you woke Anti-American leftists, CK and all the other kneelers are not patriotic. They're disgusting and deserve all the criticism coming to them. Just my opinion.

This is silly tbh.

Their weren't rules on kneeling for the national anthem prior to May of 2018 as far as I can tell so you first point doesn't work, not to mention that the league collectively bargains with the players so it's not necessarily like many work places in that regards plus how many jobs play the national anthem before the start of a work day?

Again, where is this "disrespect for the military" angle coming from, Kap kneeled after talking directly with Vets, so that makes less sense than the first point.

I would argue that the NFL charging the military for military night is unpatriotic, not kneeling on grass but apparently that's a hot take.

Pavlov
08-17-2019, 05:26 PM
LOL CuckLOL are you afraid of the blacks?

And as mentioned, there were fuck all for anthem rules before the black man scared you.

exstatic
08-17-2019, 05:38 PM

Sorry to disappoint you, but the knee isn’t about the military, it’s about the police. FAUX won't tell you that, though.

From S.I.

"I have great respect for men and women that have fought for this country," Kaepernick stoically said during a media session Sunday. He then turned to the actual purpose for his decision not to stand for the anthem: to protest what he believes is widespread oppression and brutality carried out largely by the police against minorities.

Birn
08-17-2019, 05:54 PM
This is silly tbh.

Their weren't rules on kneeling for the national anthem prior to May of 2018 as far as I can tell so you first point doesn't work, not to mention that the league collectively bargains with the players so it's not necessarily like many work places in that regards plus how many jobs play the national anthem before the start of a work day?

Again, where is this "disrespect for the military" angle coming from, Kap kneeled after talking directly with Vets, so that makes less sense than the first point.

I would argue that the NFL charging the military for military night is unpatriotic, not kneeling on grass but apparently that's a hot take.

It's true the NFL has a rule regarding standing for the flag and the playing of the anthem. Your weak retort holds no water. Just look it up, moron.

The reason it's disrespecting the military is because there is a military honor guard holding the flag and standing at attention while the anthem is played. Stupid-ass....

If this was truly not about the flag and our military and all about the perceived "social injustice" (which is a lie) then why kneel at the anthem? Why not kneel on the first play of the game instead. Why the anthem? Answer me that Mr. woke anti-capitalism socialist.

Birn
08-17-2019, 05:55 PM
LOL are you afraid of the blacks?

And as mentioned, there were fuck all for anthem rules before the black man scared you.

LOL Racist CUCK

exstatic
08-17-2019, 05:58 PM
It's true the NFL has a rule regarding standing for the flag and the playing of the anthem. Your weak retort holds no water. Just look it up, moron.

The reason it's disrespecting the military is because there is a military honor guard holding the flag and standing at attention while the anthem is played. Stupid-ass....

If this was truly not about the flag and our military and all about the perceived "social injustice" (which is a lie) then why kneel at the anthem? Why not kneel on the first play of the game instead. Why the anthem? Answer me that Mr. woke anti-capitalism socialist.

Because it’s not one area or place where the police issue is, it’s nation wide. National anthem, get it?

Pavlov
08-17-2019, 06:03 PM
LOL Racist CUCKWhat do you mean when you say cuck?

You're really sensitive about this.

Birn
08-17-2019, 06:06 PM
Sorry to disappoint you, but the knee isn’t about the military, it’s about the police. FAUX won't tell you that, though.

From S.I.

"I have great respect for men and women that have fought for this country," Kaepernick stoically said during a media session Sunday. He then turned to the actual purpose for his decision not to stand for the anthem: to protest what he believes is widespread oppression and brutality carried out largely by the police against minorities.

Wrong....Kap is well known as a major hypocrite on this issue. He says one thing yet does another. He says he's respectful of the military but has never done anything to support our military. It's like saying that you respect MLK but you're going to protest an MLK march until something is done about crime.

This issue is so illustrative of the ignorance and utter stupidity who try to argue that CK isn't being disrespectful of the military or the flag. "He's protesting police brutality!!" Then go fuckjng protest outside the police station dumbshits!! The fucking football game has nothing to do with your bullshit. "But he needs to draw attention and this is the best way to make people aware..." In so doing, he's totally shitting on our flag and the military and their families so he can draw attention to himself. Notice that he's never given interviews or debated anyone on these perceived "injustices". That's because he's ignorant and totally incapable of debating these issues. He's being used like a pawn...a useful idiot just like Karl Marx designed. CK and all you woke assholes are being lied to and used. Have a fucking mind of your own!!

Pavlov
08-17-2019, 06:08 PM

If this was truly not about the flag and our military and all about the perceived "social injustice" (which is a lie) then why kneel at the anthem? Why not kneel on the first play of the game instead. Why the anthem? Answer me that Mr. woke anti-capitalism socialist.It got your attention, didn't it Mr. fascist racist anti-American snowflake?

There's your answer.

:lol "disrespecting the military"

How is kneeling disrespectful?

Birn
08-17-2019, 06:08 PM
What do you mean when you say cuck?

You're really sensitive about this.

You know what it means. If not, just Google it.

Pavlov
08-17-2019, 06:09 PM
Wrong....Kap is well known as a major hypocrite on this issue. He says one thing yet does another. He says he's respectful of the military but has never done anything to support our military. It's like saying that you respect MLK but you're going to protest an MLK march until something is done about crime.

This issue is so illustrative of the ignorance and utter stupidity who try to argue that CK isn't being disrespectful of the military or the flag. "He's protesting police brutality!!" Then go fuckjng protest outside the police station dumbshits!! The fucking football game has nothing to do with your bullshit. "But he needs to draw attention and this is the best way to make people aware..." In so doing, he's totally shitting on our flag and the military and their families so he can draw attention to himself. Notice that he's never given interviews or debated anyone on these perceived "injustices". That's because he's ignorant and totally incapable of debating these issues. He's being used like a pawn...a useful idiot just like Karl Marx designed. CK and all you woke assholes are being lied to and used. Have a fucking mind of your own!!So you think Soros is behind it all, right?

Pavlov
08-17-2019, 06:09 PM
You know what it means. If not, just Google it.No, I'm asking you.

You used it. Now define it.

Step up, tough guy.

Birn
08-17-2019, 06:11 PM
It got your attention, didn't it Mr. fascist racist anti-American snowflake?

There's your answer.

:lol "disrespecting the military"

How is kneeling disrespectful?

You're making yourself look more ignorant and stupid with each post. Would you kneel at a funeral for one of your military family members while everyone else was up and at attention?

If you think it's no big deal then you have much bigger issues than what we're talking about. Seriously, you should get some help.

Birn
08-17-2019, 06:13 PM
No, I'm asking you.

You used it. Now define it.

Step up, tough guy.

cuck
[kək]

NOUN
US
informal
a weak or servile man (often used as a contemptuous term for a man with moderate or progressive political views).
a man whose wife is sexually unfaithful; a cuckold.

Pavlov
08-17-2019, 06:13 PM
You're making yourself look more ignorant and stupid with each post. Would you kneel at a funeral for one of your military family members while everyone else was up and at attention?It's not a funeral. It's a football game.

Do you know the difference?

If you think it's no big deal then you have much bigger issues than what we're talking about. Seriously, you should get some help.Why is it such a big deal to you? It has absolutely nothing to do with the military. You're a complete idiot who was told to be outraged by Hannity so here you are.

Pavlov
08-17-2019, 06:14 PM
cuck
[kək]

NOUN
US
informal
a weak or servile man (often used as a contemptuous term for a man with moderate or progressive political views).
a man whose wife is sexually unfaithful; a cuckold.Where's the link?

Is this like urban dictionary?

Are you sure you're allowed to use urban dictionary?

lol

Birn
08-17-2019, 06:17 PM
It's not a funeral. It's a football game.

Why is it such a big deal to you? It has absolutely nothing to do with the military. You're a complete idiot who was told to be outraged by Hannity so here you are.

Ok so if someone took a knee while the anthem is played at a funeral attended by thousands of people on TV you would be OK with that?

If it's not about the military, then why kneel during the anthem?

Now YOU answer my questions above Mr. SJW

Pavlov
08-17-2019, 06:19 PM
Ok so if someone took a knee while the anthem is played at a funeral attended by thousands of people on TV you would be OK with that?Why are you changing the subject? It's a football game.

We are talking about a football game.

I don't want someone's corpse paraded around at a football game.

If it's not about the military, then why kneel during the anthem?You noticed it, did you not?

Looks like it worked.

lol

Birn
08-17-2019, 06:20 PM
Where's the link?

Is this like urban dictionary?

Are you sure you're allowed to use urban dictionary?

lol

OMG!! Just look it up idiot.

I just figured out your problem...you're a Lakers fanboy

Pavlov
08-17-2019, 06:21 PM
OMG!! Just look it up idiot.Where did you look it up?

I just figured out your problem...you're a Lakers fanboylol kinda slow, aren't you?

Birn
08-17-2019, 06:25 PM
Why are you changing the subject? It's a football game.

We are talking about a football game.

I don't want someone's corpse paraded around at a football game.

You noticed it, did you not?

Looks like it worked.

lol

The subject is taking a knee during the playing of the national anthem. I don't care if it's at a football game or anywhere else. Nice diversion to try and avoid answering a very simple question.

Now answer my question....Would you be OK if someone takes a knee during the playing of the anthem at a military funeral? C'mon now...be a man and give us an honest answer. It's a simple question that is related to the subject we're discussing.

Also, one more time, why do they have to kneel at the playing of the anthem if it has nothing to do with our flag or our military? Just give us your honest answer. It's really not a trick question.

Pavlov
08-17-2019, 06:27 PM
The subject is taking a knee during the playing of the national anthem. I don't care if it's at a football game or anywhere else.Nah, it's during NFL games. That's what triggered you. don't change the subject.

I don't want an NFL game to be played at a funeral.

No one ever talked about kneeling at a funeral or even playing the Star Spangled Banner at one.

Also, one more time, why do they have to kneel at the playing of the anthem if it has nothing to do with our flag or our military? Just give us your honest answer. It's really not a trick question.It got your attention, didn't it?

It's not a trick answer.

ElNono
08-17-2019, 07:01 PM
Constitutionally protected Free speech rights only apply to the public square.

This is actually not true. ie: Trump daily twitter diarrhea doesn't happen in a public square, yet, his blocking of followers would be a 1st Amendment violation. Twitter is a private company, and can shut up anybody whenever they want, but when it's a government official doing it, then you get the 1st Amendment implication.

Note that I don't disagree that it was in the NFLs authority to do something about it, should they wanted to do so. But wanted to correct that point, as it was misleading.

emmo
08-17-2019, 07:12 PM

Clue. They don’t care about criticism. They’re not doing it for anyone’s approval. They’re doing it to start a conversation about a problem and they’ve succeeded.

Birn
08-17-2019, 07:17 PM
This is actually not true. ie: Trump daily twitter diarrhea doesn't happen in a public square, yet, his blocking of followers would be a 1st Amendment violation. Twitter is a private company, and can shut up anybody whenever they want, but when it's a government official doing it, then you get the 1st Amendment implication.

Note that I don't disagree that it was in the NFLs authority to do something about it, should they wanted to do so. But wanted to correct that point, as it was misleading.

No, that is completely incorrect. Trump or anyone else can block followers on any social media platform from their individual accounts. It doesn't matter if you're the President or a nobody like EL Nono. The reason is because you aren't preventing anyone from saying what's on their minds. You just don't want to hear their BS. No 1st amendment violations there at all. You have the right to free speech but you don't have the right for any individual to have to listen to you. Even if that individual is the President.

The problem with social media and Big Search companies is they enjoy complete immunity from legal liability because they claim to only be a "neutral platform" to facilitate communications between citizens. The fact is they block users and manipulate search results to control the narrative on many issues important to our society. They need to have their exemptions removed immediately. They should be held to account for allowing so much hate and violence to be promoted on their platforms. They need to be held to account for their actions or lack of action.

Birn
08-17-2019, 07:22 PM
Clue. They don’t care about criticism. They’re not doing it for anyone’s approval. They’re doing it to start a conversation about a problem and they’ve succeeded.

They succeeded? How so? Blacks are still killing each other in Chicago and Baltimore at alarmingly high rates every week. Highest murder rates in the history of our nation. It's an absolute travesty. How are you defining success? If you're defining it by attention and "starting a conversation", then you have extremely low standards which is typical for unintelligent anti-American leftists. You should be demanding results not attention and "conversation". Fuck that!!

ZeusWillJudge
08-17-2019, 07:22 PM
LOL are you afraid of the blacks?

It got your attention, didn't it Mr. fascist racist anti-American snowflake?

So you think Soros is behind it all, right?

LOL. Straw man, ad hominem, strawman, non sequitur, etc. All your usual bag of tricks.

Fortunately for you, you're arguing with someone who, if he doubled his IQ, would be a halfwit. (Which is the real reason I believe you come here - to pick on the handicapped.)

This is actually not true. ie: Trump daily twitter diarrhea doesn't happen in a public square, yet, his blocking of followers would be a 1st Amendment violation.

Curious that you accept the fact that Twitter has a "block" feature, but disapprove of a particular person using it. Not only disapprove, but believe that it becomes illegal. Do any other politicians block people on Twitter? (I can save you some time and tell you that they do.)

It's no wonder the world becomes more dysfunctional every day.

ElNono
08-17-2019, 07:27 PM
No, that is completely incorrect. Trump or anyone else can block followers on any social media platform from their individual accounts. It doesn't matter if you're the President or a nobody like EL Nono. The reason is because you aren't preventing anyone from saying what's on their minds. You just don't want to hear their BS. No 1st amendment violations there at all. You have the right to free speech but you don't have the right for any individual to have to listen to you. Even if that individual is the President.

The problem with social media and Big Search companies is they enjoy complete immunity from legal liability because they claim to only be a "neutral platform" to facilitate communications between citizens. The fact is they block users and manipulate search results to control the narrative on many issues important to our society. They need to have their exemptions removed immediately. They should be held to account for allowing so much hate and violence to be promoted on their platforms. They need to be held to account for their actions or lack of action.

Yeah, no. Feel free to argue with the courts. See:

https://int.nyt.com/data/documenthelper/1365-trump-twitter-second-circuit-r/c0f4e0701b087dab9b43/optimized/full.pdf

or

http://www.ca4.uscourts.gov/opinions/172002.P.pdf

It's really nothing new either, it's akin to censorship, which is a 1st Amendment violation, and has been for as long as the 1st Amendment has existed. And no, there's zero claims from Twitter or Facebook being anything but a private company (link please?).

Thus the correction, so the other readers don't get it wrong like you did. You're welcome.

baseline bum
08-17-2019, 07:31 PM
:lmao Birn snowflaking again

ElNono
08-17-2019, 07:32 PM
Curious that you accept the fact that Twitter has a "block" feature, but disapprove of a particular person using it. Not only disapprove, but believe that it becomes illegal. Do any other politicians block people on Twitter? (I can save you some time and tell you that they do.)

It's no wonder the world becomes more dysfunctional every day.

I don't have to accept anything, Twitter is a private company that has a Term of Services and whether I want to enter into a binding, contractual agreement with them is entirely my decision. But when I do, I've agreed to the their terms.

And yes, the 1st Amendment does clearly spells out that it's government (and government only) that's barred from prohibiting speech (with a few exceptions, like the public hazard exception). It's the Constitution that makes the distinction, not me.

Obviously, persons conducting government businesses (on Twitter or anywhere else) are on the hook for it. And no, that doesn't mean "any other politician", it means "any other government official".

The same 1st Amendment was drafted in 1791, I don't particularly think the world has become more dysfunctional since then.

ElNono
08-17-2019, 07:37 PM
See, the argument here would be whether Trump uses his twitter account strictly for personal use, or to conduct government business. Clearly there's a mix of both (just one example, announcing government tariffs on twitter amounts to government business).

Once he crossed that road, his account becomes a government account, restricted by the 1st Amendment. Once he stops being a government official, he can resume restricting speech.

ElNono
08-17-2019, 07:39 PM
Again, in the specific case Birn mentioned, the NFL was certainly wholly in charge to do whatever they wanted, as they're not a government entity. I would suspect their decision had more to do with marketing than anything else.

cd021
08-17-2019, 07:53 PM

-I double-checked, there was not a rule in place that required standing during the national anthem when he kneeled.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/theres-no-nfl-rule-players-must-stand-anthem-theres-policy-162020168.html

-Kap wasn't' disrespecting the flag or the military, that's a silly take and one that is disproved by his actions of actually talking to veterans and getting their input.

-Whats a lie about what he is protesting? Just because you don't agree doesn't make it invalid.

-Let me get this straight, you're wrong so you resort to name calling? :lmao take the L. Don't you have some Nike's to burn?

cd021
08-17-2019, 07:58 PM
Again, in the specific case Birn mentioned, the NFL was certainly wholly in charge to do whatever they wanted, as they're not a government entity. I would suspect their decision had more to do with marketing than anything else.

If you're referring to Birn saying that Kap and others had no right to kneel because there were rules in place, that is not accurate. There was not a rule requiring standing during the national anthem by the NFL and certainly nothing that could result in a fine from anything that I have see. That rule was later added post Kap.

Birn
08-17-2019, 08:00 PM
Yeah, no. Feel free to argue with the courts. See:

https://int.nyt.com/data/documenthelper/1365-trump-twitter-second-circuit-r/c0f4e0701b087dab9b43/optimized/full.pdf

or

http://www.ca4.uscourts.gov/opinions/172002.P.pdf

It's really nothing new either, it's akin to censorship, which is a 1st Amendment violation, and has been for as long as the 1st Amendment has existed. And no, there's zero claims from Twitter or Facebook being anything but a private company (link please?).

Thus the correction, so the other readers don't get it wrong like you did. You're welcome.

Now I remember why I never visit or post here. You're demonstrating the absolute idiocy and ignorance of most who traffic in this God-forsaken forum. You obviously didn't read the text of the SDNY ruling that you linked. Nor did you read my post nor pay attention to the fact I was talking about private accounts. I challenge you to read my post then read the text of the ruling you attached. The issue involved in this ruling deals with the official Twitter account of the President (POTUS account) that's used for official business. This is the account used by whoever is President - Trump, Obama, Bush, etc.

Trump also has an individual account - (TheRealDonaldTrump). This ruling doesn't apply to individual private accounts just as I was saying earlier. Go read my post again dummy. Here's the actual text from the ruling:

"The salient issues in this case arise from the decision of the President to use
a relatively new type of social media platform to conduct official business and to
interact with the public. We do not consider or decide whether an elected official
violates the Constitution by excluding persons from a wholly private social
media account. Nor do we consider or decide whether private social media
companies are bound by the First Amendment when policing their platforms.
We do conclude, however, that the First Amendment does not permit a public
official who utilizes a social media account for all manner of official purposes to
exclude persons from an otherwise‐open online dialogue because they expressed
views with which the official disagrees. "

Next time, you need to listen and read instead of just doing a simple Google search and pasting content like a pretend fact checker.

If posters and readers here have any courage and wish to learn and gain knowledge...read my posts.

Birn
08-17-2019, 08:02 PM

LOL Baseline Bum Cucking again!!

Nathan89
08-17-2019, 08:03 PM
Kap is a patriot for grandstanding the anthem for his protest is a reach. California tried blocking an army vet from voting last midterm because he had an American flag on his clothing. Today a reporter was followed in Portland because he had an American flag on. Antifa routinely rips American flags out of the hands of others, including today in Portland. Kap painted the Betsy Ross flag as a symbol of racism. There is clearly a culture that despises America. Based on Kap reaching stances I'd say he embraces that culture. I hardly call that patriotic. Of course big brain Pop disagrees.

Birn
08-17-2019, 08:04 PM
See, the argument here would be whether Trump uses his twitter account strictly for personal use, or to conduct government business. Clearly there's a mix of both (just one example, announcing government tariffs on twitter amounts to government business).

Once he crossed that road, his account becomes a government account, restricted by the 1st Amendment. Once he stops being a government official, he can resume restricting speech.

LOL!!!! You're just so wrong on so many levels. Are you really serious? You really believe what you just posted?

Pavlov
08-17-2019, 08:04 PM
LOL. Straw man, ad hominem, strawman, non sequitur, etc. All your usual bag of tricks.LOL, you were too stupid to notice I was just doing what he was doing.

Pavlov
08-17-2019, 08:12 PM
Now I remember why I never visit or post here. You're demonstrating the absolute idiocy and ignorance of most who traffic in this God-forsaken forum. You obviously didn't read the text of the SDNY ruling that you linked. Nor did you read my post nor pay attention to the fact I was talking about private accounts. I challenge you to read my post then read the text of the ruling you attached. The issue involved in this ruling deals with the official Twitter account of the President (POTUS account) that's used for official business. This is the account used by whoever is President - Trump, Obama, Bush, etc.

Trump also has an individual account - (TheRealDonaldTrump). This ruling doesn't apply to individual private accounts just as I was saying earlier. Go read my post again dummy. Here's the actual text from the ruling:

"The salient issues in this case arise from the decision of the President to use
a relatively new type of social media platform to conduct official business and to
interact with the public. We do not consider or decide whether an elected official
media account. Nor do we consider or decide whether private social media
companies are bound by the First Amendment when policing their platforms.
We do conclude, however, that the First Amendment does not permit a public
official who utilizes a social media account for all manner of official purposes to
exclude persons from an otherwise‐open online dialogue because they expressed
views with which the official disagrees. "

Next time, you need to listen and read instead of just doing a simple Google search and pasting content like a pretend fact checker.

If posters and readers here have any courage and wish to learn and gain knowledge...read my posts.Where does it say users can be blocked by @ realDonaldTrump?

Birn
08-17-2019, 08:15 PM
-I double-checked, there was not a rule in place that required standing during the national anthem when he kneeled.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/theres-no-nfl-rule-players-must-stand-anthem-theres-policy-162020168.html

-Kap wasn't' disrespecting the flag or the military, that's a silly take and one that is disproved by his actions of actually talking to veterans and getting their input.

-Whats a lie about what he is protesting? Just because you don't agree doesn't make it invalid.

-Let me get this straight, you're wrong so you resort to name calling? :lmao take the L. Don't you have some Nike's to burn?

You're playing semantics. The bottom line is the NFL has had this policy in place for over 40 years. The term used by the NFL is "policy" not "rule". It has the same effect because the NFL reserves the right to impose fines and penalties to those who violate the policy. As we've already discussed, the NFL chose not to enforce their right to punish violators. The article you posted makes it very clear that the NFL has had a policy of standing for the anthem since 1978. Here's the text from the NFL game operations manual that each team must follow:

“The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. During the playing of the National Anthem, players on the field should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. Players in the bench areas should do the same, and should line themselves up evenly along the sidelines. The home team should insure that the American Flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”

Birn
08-17-2019, 08:17 PM
Where does it say users can be blocked by @ realDonaldTrump?

Right here idiot:

"We do not consider or decide whether an elected official
media account."

Birn
08-17-2019, 08:18 PM
Kap is a patriot for grandstanding the anthem for his protest is a reach. California tried blocking an army vet from voting last midterm because he had an American flag on his clothing. Today a reporter was followed in Portland because he had an American flag on. Antifa routinely rips American flags out of the hands of others, including today in Portland. Kap painted the Betsy Ross flag as a symbol of racism. There is clearly a culture that despises America. Based on Kap reaching stances I'd say he embraces that culture. I hardly call that patriotic. Of course big brain Pop disagrees.

Preach brother!!!

Pavlov
08-17-2019, 08:21 PM
Right here idiot:

"We do not consider or decide whether an elected official
media account."Except the court found the account in question is not a wholly private social media account.

Birn
08-17-2019, 08:28 PM
Except the court found the account in question is not a wholly private social media account.

Correct, because it was the official government Twitter account of the POTUS and not a private account. This is really very simple. All you have to do is read. Of course, it doesn't surprise me since so many Edgewood HS grads in this forum don't understand how to read basic English.

exstatic
08-17-2019, 08:32 PM

:lol. And thinking the SSB is played at funerals, even military ones. :lol. Newsflash: it isn’t.

Nathan89
08-17-2019, 08:38 PM
Is it patriotic to grandstand the anthem for any cause?

Pavlov
08-17-2019, 08:38 PM
Correct, because it was the official government Twitter account of the POTUS and not a private account. This is really very simple. All you have to do is read. Of course, it doesn't surprise me since so many Edgewood HS grads in this forum don't understand how to read basic English.:lol you just contradicted yourself.

What high school did you attend?

Pavlov
08-17-2019, 08:40 PM
:lol. And thinking the SSB is played at funerals, even military ones. :lol. Newsflash: it isn’t.:lol dude doesn't seem to know much about the military tbh

BackHome
08-17-2019, 08:43 PM
Group Hug :blah

ElNono
08-17-2019, 09:04 PM
Trump also has an individual account - (TheRealDonaldTrump). This ruling doesn't apply to individual private accounts just as I was saying earlier.

From the ruling I posted, Page 6, line 10:

President Trump established his account, with the handle realDonaldTrump, (the“Account”) in March 2009.

You were wrong (again). You should definitely come more often and learn a thing or two, instead of wallowing in your ignorance.

ElNono
08-17-2019, 09:05 PM
LOL!!!! You're just so wrong on so many levels. Are you really serious? You really believe what you just posted?

Of course. Just so happens that's the law of the land, it's not make-believe.

How am I wrong. I gave you the opportunity to refute me plenty of times, and you keep fumbling.

ElNono
08-17-2019, 09:09 PM
Same paragraph, stating exactly what I said:

President Trump established his account, with the handle "@realDonaldTrump" (the“Account”) inMarch2009.

No one disputes that before he became President the Account was a purely private one or that once he leaves office the Account will presumably revert to its private status.

Hope it's more clear to you now, Birn.

baseline bum
08-17-2019, 09:12 PM
LOL Baseline Bum Cucking again!!

LOL autistic screeching cuck, cuck, cuck, socialist, cuck, cuck, socialist, socialist

cry more honey

Pavlov
08-17-2019, 09:13 PM
Damn, Brin getting owned by a guy who didn't even go to high school in the US.

baseline bum
08-17-2019, 09:14 PM

Because Trump tells him that's why Kap was kneeling

leo07251413
08-17-2019, 11:07 PM
If you're also from Taiwan then you'll know that politics would never be put aside when it comes to Sports, Music and other topics.
(We have to use the name "Chinese Taipei" to participate all kinds of sport events, and that is really really frustrating.)

cd021
08-17-2019, 11:19 PM
You're playing semantics. The bottom line is the NFL has had this policy in place for over 40 years. The term used by the NFL is "policy" not "rule". It has the same effect because the NFL reserves the right to impose fines and penalties to those who violate the policy. As we've already discussed, the NFL chose not to enforce their right to punish violators. The article you posted makes it very clear that the NFL has had a policy of standing for the anthem since 1978. Here's the text from the NFL game operations manual that each team must follow:

“The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. During the playing of the National Anthem, players on the field should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. Players in the bench areas should do the same, and should line themselves up evenly along the sidelines. The home team should insure that the American Flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.”

"But to the NFL, the distinction matters. Policies are encouraged, but not required — as opposed to rules like offensive holding or defensive pass interference, according to an NFL spokesperson."

Spurtacular
08-18-2019, 03:52 PM
The sanctimony drips off Gregg, tbh. And frankly, he doesn't care who doesn't like it.

tim_duncan_fan
08-18-2019, 04:16 PM
LOL Cuck
Lol potential mass shooter

Big P
08-18-2019, 05:55 PM
Here's an idea..just keep politics out of sports, problem solved...I'm not asking you to make domestic policies or solve the debt crisis...people tune into sports to tune out all the other shit, politics included and hearing people like gregg or steve pushing their bullshit agenda gets old..neither one of them opened their mouth when shit was going down during bush, obama, clinton etc...but now it's orange man bad and lets see who can outcuck themselves...sad

Genovaswitness
08-18-2019, 05:58 PM
Here's an idea..just keep politics out of sports, problem solved...I'm not asking you to make domestic policies or solve the debt crisis...people tune into sports to tune out all the other shit, politics included and hearing people like gregg or steve pushing their bullshit agenda gets old..neither one of them opened their mouth when shit was going down during bush, obama, clinton etc...but now it's orange man bad and lets see who can outcuck themselves...sad

nah bruh millionaire athletes should tell me what’s socially relevant when they’re effectively divorced from the real world :lmao

gambit1990
08-18-2019, 06:01 PM
can’t wait for orange skull to get arrested tbh. fuck that utter disgrace.

Pavlov
08-18-2019, 06:02 PM
Here's an idea..just keep politics out of sports, problem solved...I'm not asking you to make domestic policies or solve the debt crisis...people tune into sports to tune out all the other shit, politics included and hearing people like gregg or steve pushing their bullshit agenda gets old..neither one of them opened their mouth when shit was going down during bush, obama, clinton etc...but now it's orange man bad and lets see who can outcuck themselves...sadHere's an idea: don't get so massively triggered by people who express their opinions. Problem solved!

FrostKing
08-18-2019, 08:37 PM
USA Basketball head coach Gregg Popovich says former San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick did a "very patriotic thing" by basically sacrificing his career to shed light on racial inequality.

Kaepernick was secretely on Nike's payroll but this is now public knowledge. Is Popovich ignorant or dumb?

FrostKing
08-18-2019, 08:44 PM

No politics in sports will be increasingly difficult now that Nike & ESPN are financially invested

"More than athlete" airing on ESPN ring a bell?

FrostKing
08-18-2019, 08:50 PM
Here's an idea: don't get so massively triggered by people who express their opinions. Problem solved!
Very rich considering what happened to Donald Sterling

ElNono
08-18-2019, 10:52 PM
Very rich considering what happened to Donald Sterling

What happened to Donald Sterling? He sold his team for $2 billion dollars.

FrostKing
08-18-2019, 11:48 PM
What happened to Donald Sterling? He sold his team for $2 billion dollars.
Forced out

Which is the same thing that would happen to Popovich if he publicly stated what Kaepernick did was NOT patriotic & then was privately told to keep his opinion to himself

Pavlov
08-19-2019, 04:21 AM
Sterling shouldn't have killed the golden goose.

Something that stupid isn't going to be rewarded.

emmo
08-19-2019, 07:06 AM
They succeeded? How so? Blacks are still killing each other in Chicago and Baltimore at alarmingly high rates every week. Highest murder rates in the history of our nation. It's an absolute travesty. How are you defining success? If you're defining it by attention and "starting a conversation", then you have extremely low standards which is typical for unintelligent anti-American leftists. You should be demanding results not attention and "conversation". Fuck that!!

Let me walk you through this, David Duke.

The protest isn’t about black on black crime. It’s about police brutality and minorities in our United States of America.

The protest have always been about getting this problem a spotlight. And they’ve succeeded. You may not agree with their assessment of the situation, and that’s your right. But I guarantee you, a consumer of right wing propaganda, would have never typed or spoken a word about it, but here you are, feverishly typing away about it on a sports forum, lol.

The reason you're so mad is that this protest is something that you just can’t turn the page or flip the channel to ignore. It’s in your face. That’s what a successful protest is. It’s a beginning of a movement, not the legislative end. That’ll come despite the kicking and screaming of racists.

ElNono
08-19-2019, 03:55 PM
Forced out

Which is the same thing that would happen to Popovich if he publicly stated what Kaepernick did was NOT patriotic & then was privately told to keep his opinion to himself

He approved the sale. Sure, his wife took him for a spin, that’s on him too.

FrostKing
08-19-2019, 04:26 PM
Let me walk you through this, David Duke.

The protest isn’t about black on black crime. It’s about police brutality and minorities in our United States of America.

The protest have always been about getting this problem a spotlight. And they’ve succeeded. You may not agree with their assessment of the situation, and that’s your right. But I guarantee you, a consumer of right wing propaganda, would have never typed or spoken a word about it, but here you are, feverishly typing away about it on a sports forum, lol.

The reason you're so mad is that this protest is something that you just can’t turn the page or flip the channel to ignore. It’s in your face. That’s what a successful protest is. It’s a beginning of a movement, not the legislative end. That’ll come despite the kicking and screaming of racists.
Doubtful. This "movement" simply doesn't have the numbers

- Whites, your biggest supporters are declining in numbers
- Black population is stagnant and some forecasts even predict decline in USA
- Mexicans and especially Asians (predicted to double) are more concerned with black crime than the means of controlling it

Right now is the climax. The next 50 years will be the breakup of this so-called "people of color" coalition and the subsequent fight amongst each other. You already see it in academic institution with Asians publicly questioning black "affirmative action"