PDA

View Full Version : Pop praises Dejounte Murray for hanging around the team despite being injured

Uriel
08-14-2019, 07:15 PM
Whether it was in Las Vegas or here in San Antonio or in LA, he made a great effort to be around, to be close the guys, to interact with them, and it's important, obviously, for the coming season.

timtonymanu
08-14-2019, 07:17 PM
Taking a shot at Nephew :lol

MultiTroll
08-14-2019, 07:59 PM
Newphew must really be shook as he shines his trophy.

acoelho1
08-14-2019, 08:02 PM
Murray is great leader and teammate unlike a certain scumbag. He has the drive and tools to take us to a championship and I have zero doubt about his abilities.

Chinook
08-14-2019, 08:04 PM
Murray's value to the Spurs is going to go beyond his on-court production, especially in terms of what he does this upcoming season. They talk about and market him like he's a future star.

Genovaswitness
08-14-2019, 08:31 PM
seems like all the spurs media shit is dejounte based :lmao

MUH BEST PG IS LEADING THE NATIONAL TEAM :lmao

weebo
08-14-2019, 08:49 PM
Good dude to have leading the next crop of young guys.

Yogatti
08-14-2019, 08:54 PM
Instagram Baller:lol

spurraider21
08-14-2019, 09:02 PM
:tu our only all-defensive team guard

Leetonidas
08-14-2019, 09:05 PM
How can anyone not like this kid? Can't wait to see him dominate next year tbh

SpurPadre
08-14-2019, 09:23 PM

Pop said this while he was shining all 5 of his trophies, tbh.

MultiTroll
08-14-2019, 09:27 PM
Pop said this while he was shining all 5 of his trophies, tbh.
Welcome to post 2007.

TimmyBuckets
08-14-2019, 09:28 PM
Its funny how people keep saying its all shots at kawitter, when it was kawitter's camp that first made it known that he was unhappy and wanted to leave. Anyone who actually thinks he was rehabbing away from the team to get ready to play, and that him not being there didn't matter or didn't send a message, is delusional. Murray wants to be a part of this team and his actions prove that.

KobesAchilles
08-14-2019, 09:35 PM
Murray has really impressed me with his leadership. The dude has all sorts of intangibles. I just hope he developed a jumper. Like reeeeeeally hope :lol

Dejounte
08-14-2019, 09:46 PM
This dude's personality and Keldon's are a match made in heaven. I see a chemistry boom in the near future.

timtonymanu
08-14-2019, 10:33 PM
Its funny how people keep saying its all shots at kawitter, when it was kawitter's camp that first made it known that he was unhappy and wanted to leave. Anyone who actually thinks he was rehabbing away from the team to get ready to play, and that him not being there didn't matter or didn't send a message, is delusional. Murray wants to be a part of this team and his actions prove that.

It's still a shot at Nephew, because he was always a piece of shit teammate that used the injured excuse to quit on the team. yet murray was legit injured and still supported his teammates.

widowmaker
08-14-2019, 10:45 PM
Im hurt guys see y’all later hope it all works out btw please pay me while im out i might let a couple of teams tamper with me because i need a lot of attention since my father died when i was young.

SpurPadre
08-14-2019, 11:00 PM
Welcome to post 2007.

So fucking what? 5 hard earned titles can never be diminished. By the way, it took multiple injuries to HOFers for Load Management to get his asterisk title this past season.

apalisoc_9
08-14-2019, 11:08 PM
So fucking what? 5 hard earned titles can never be diminished. By the way, it took multiple injuries to HOFers for Load Management to get his asterisk title this past season.

stop hating man. its in most peoples list of top 3 greatest playoff runs :lol

Slippy
08-14-2019, 11:11 PM

He won it all and with al the load management in the world. Yet he still couldnt wait to get out of the cold.

Pop and spurs got what they wanted.

FkLA
08-14-2019, 11:19 PM
How can anyone not like this kid? Can't wait to see him dominate next year tbh

:lmao

tmtcsc
08-14-2019, 11:45 PM
Can't wait to see him dominate next year tbh

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/a/img845/8231/dnd.gif

spurs10
08-15-2019, 12:38 AM
Sounds like a great kid. I hope he works on his offense and we’ve already seen he has strong defensive skills. Glad he’s back.

SpurPadre
08-15-2019, 12:50 AM

lol, my ass. Durant AND Thompson were injured. The Dubs would have lost to the Clippers had both players been missing. Asterisk title.

TheGoatishere
08-15-2019, 04:39 AM

No its not:lmao

r0drig0lac
08-15-2019, 07:22 AM

https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smilol.gif

CGD
08-15-2019, 08:25 AM
Murray's value to the Spurs is going to go beyond his on-court production, especially in terms of what he does this upcoming season. They talk about and market him like he's a future star.

That, and the fact that the team has to rehab it’s image some after Kawhi (even though he showed his true colors this summer). I don’t think they’ll ever admit it, but I think they know their reputation took a bit of a hit.

rjv
08-15-2019, 08:48 AM

is that at mostpeoples.com?

Genovaswitness
08-15-2019, 09:12 AM
lol, my ass. Durant AND Thompson were injured. The Dubs would have lost to the Clippers had both players been missing. Asterisk title.

if my aunt had a dick she’d be my uncle

MultiTroll
08-15-2019, 09:19 AM
If the other 15 playoff teams had unfortunate airplane accidents, Patty as the "Leader" and Pop would be shining up a 6th trophy.

MultiTroll
08-15-2019, 09:20 AM
https://s.hdnux.com/photos/66/53/55/14334799/9/360x0.jpg

KobesAchilles
08-15-2019, 09:49 AM
if my aunt had a dick she’d be my uncle

Not so sure that she isnt tbh

Ed Helicopter Jones
08-15-2019, 11:52 AM
I like Murray, a lot. I hope he can continue to develop. I'd love to see him become a star and stay loyal to the Spurs. His game had a lot of holes in it two years ago, so hopefully fans will be patient with his development. I know a lot of Spurstalk won't be patient, so I'm actually referencing "real" fans.

BD24
08-15-2019, 11:59 AM

Joseph Kony
08-15-2019, 12:02 PM
:lmao
did he bone your girl or what? :lmao what do you have against the kid? does it really bother you that a gen Z kid uses social media??

coachmac87
08-15-2019, 12:10 PM
That, and the fact that the team has to rehab it’s image some after Kawhi (even though he showed his true colors this summer). I don’t think they’ll ever admit it, but I think they know their reputation took a bit of a hit.

Their image took a hit because they got played??

Murray’s injury was/is known (ACL). We still don’t really know what was wrong with Kawhi...

Don’t let Dennis and his crew fool you

FkLA
08-15-2019, 12:40 PM
did he bone your girl or what? :lmao what do you have against the kid? does it really bother you that a gen Z kid uses social media??

In that instance I'm laughing at the poster falling for the Instagram hype more than at IB himself. Dominate? Really? :lol

ECOV
08-15-2019, 12:42 PM
Welcome to post 2007.

Welcome to history class

MultiTroll
08-15-2019, 01:00 PM
Welcome to history class

Who was the Finals MVP in 2014? So they shared that one.

Genovaswitness
08-15-2019, 02:30 PM
kawhi lives in vanilla spurs fans heads 24/7. sorry spurs couldn’t keep the next jordan

MultiTroll
08-15-2019, 03:34 PM
We still don’t really know what was wrong with Kawhi...
This.
Well the STMK (SpursTalk Medical Krew) does.

Until some legit insider provides info, I'm not a Kwa Hater. Don't like the way he left at all. But until I hear the factual truth on his side I'm not clutching a small doll lookalike of him and pummeling it with needles (SpurFan Kwa Hater).

As to the thread. Ya I think we are all looking forward to see what DJ can continue to do. But lets lighten up on the progress speed.
22 years old.
140 NBA games played career.

SpurPadre
08-15-2019, 04:15 PM
Murray's injury was 10000000x worse than Load Management's, tbh.

MultiTroll
08-15-2019, 04:19 PM
Murray's injury was 10000000x worse than Load Management's, tbh.
Make sure and purchase many of these:

https://fanatics.frgimages.com/FFImage/thumb.aspx?i=/productimages/_3315000/altimages/ff_3315639alt1_full.jpg&w=325

exstatic
08-15-2019, 05:31 PM
kawhi lives in vanilla spurs fans heads 24/7. sorry spurs couldn’t keep the next jordan

LOL. He's not the next Jordan. He's not even the next Jordan copycat, Kobe. He's 27, and has a grand total of 8250 points. At 27, Jordan had 16596 points, two healthy quads, and he started NBA ballin' at 21, not 19 like Kawhi. Just because a player copies someone else's moves doesn't actually MAKE them that person.

FranchisePlayer
08-15-2019, 06:32 PM
LOL. He's not the next Jordan. He's not even the next Jordan copycat, Kobe. He's 27, and has a grand total of 8250 points. At 27, Jordan had 16596 points, two healthy quads, and he started NBA ballin' at 21, not 19 like Kawhi. Just because a player copies someone else's moves doesn't actually MAKE them that person.
By that same context, how many championships did Jordan have at 27?

tim_duncan_fan
08-15-2019, 09:14 PM
It all means very little if it doesn't mean win shares.

I hope he's the next great Spur and love the way he talks on camera, but he's gotta put up the numbers before we coronate him.

Manong Ginobili
08-15-2019, 10:12 PM

If Jordan had old Tim Duncan, old Manu and Tony Parker in his second year, he won't choke those game 6 free throws; he'll win in 2014 and actually not get owned by Matt Barnes in 2015

exstatic
08-16-2019, 09:30 AM

One. What’s the point of that question? He didn’t have veteran HOF players to show him the ropes, and carry him to his first one.

It’s just plain assinine to compare the two. Nephew isn’t even a homeless mans Jordan. MJ played 82 games, 30+ minutes at age 39, and never ran away and hid from his team in another city. He was a man and a warrior, and Nephew is neither.

MultiTroll
08-16-2019, 10:29 AM
never ran away and hid from his team in another city. He was a man and a warrior, and Nephew is neither.
Birmingham. The Barons to be exact.

Made aware of kids in Nike sweatshops. Didn't say or do shit. Real man.

exstatic
08-16-2019, 01:45 PM
Birmingham. The Barons to be exact.
Ok of thought that is was a or gambling.
Made aware of kids in Nike sweatshops. Didn't say or do shit. Real man.

:lol. Nike? Really? I guess there are very few men in the NBA, then. As for the baseball thing, there’s a school of thought that it was a stealth suspension for gambling.

Brazil
08-16-2019, 02:27 PM

:lol

YGWHI
08-19-2019, 10:26 AM
I get your point. But scoring is a bad example.

Tim Duncan scored less points in his career than Moses Malone, Dominique Wilkins, Hakeem, Dirk, Shaq, Karl Malone...But I would pick TD over any of those players. And I would choose Kawhi over Kobe without a doubt.

Kawhi is a more complete and versatile player than Kobe. I would say he's way better than Kobe.

(Edit: Kawhi has a unique way to dominate games but if I have to choose I would say it's more jordan-esque than kobesque.)
This or his 10 pts in 2' vs GSW could help to understand

YGWHI
08-19-2019, 10:33 AM
Not sure why every thread has to be about Kawhi.

If this thread is about DJ I would like to say that I'm still intrigued by his contract situation. But judging by how Pop talks about him it seems like his max contract is a fact, right?

james evans
08-19-2019, 09:56 PM
Popovich still focusing on shit other than making this average ass team a contender

Frenchfred
08-20-2019, 02:50 AM
Popovich still focusing on shit other than making this average ass team a contender

How do you know that? Do you think that he is not looking to get players to improve the team? Spurs fans have to realize that SA is a small market that doesn’t attract star players and not a great town either.

SAGirl
08-20-2019, 08:53 AM
Really rooting for him and hoping he has a good healthy season. He’s a good culture guy at this point, I want to see him be more than that but we’ll see.

james evans
08-20-2019, 09:50 AM
How do you know that? Do you think that he is not looking to get players to improve the team? Spurs fans have to realize that SA is a small market that doesn’t attract star players and not a great town either.
How do I know that? Derozan is still on the team.

Genovaswitness
08-20-2019, 09:57 AM

I cant wait to kneel during the national anthem before the game, have an NPR podcast playing while watching the game, and then frogging while watching John Oliver after the game.

GAME DAY BALA GAME DAY

spurspl
08-20-2019, 10:10 AM

finally someone who sees it

exstatic
08-20-2019, 10:19 AM
Really rooting for him and hoping he has a good healthy season. He’s a good culture guy at this point, I want to see him be more than that but we’ll see.

Really? Youngest player to ever make an NBA All D team, and you see him as "a good culture guy"?

Drom John
08-20-2019, 10:38 AM
Really? Youngest player to ever make an NBA All D team, and you see him as "a good culture guy"?

Tim Duncan won RoY, and I saw him as "a great culture guy."

weeks
08-20-2019, 12:33 PM
Murray makes it real easy to root for him

Frenchfred
08-20-2019, 12:43 PM

Who do you think was available in a trade for Derozan? What team was going to realistically trade one or their star player for Derozan?

spurspl
08-20-2019, 01:30 PM
Who do you think was available in a trade for Derozan? What team was going to realistically trade one or their star player for Derozan?

as i remember there was a trade proposal from LAL including ingram,ball,hart and a pick. PATFO declined bc they wanted 3 or 4 picks (dont remember exactly).

exstatic
08-20-2019, 02:01 PM
as i remember there was a trade proposal from LAL including ingram,ball,hart and a pick. PATFO declined bc they wanted 3 or 4 picks (dont remember exactly).

One shitty pick, two busts (both with health red flags), and a late first round selection (Hart). With the picks that were thrown around this summer for stars, the Spurs were in no way out of line with their request. The fact the Kawhi isn't a Laker and we aren't sitting on a pile of picks is all on the LAL. They got stupid again, and lost the summer's big prize for the second straight year.

MultiTroll
08-20-2019, 02:12 PM
One shitty pick, two busts (both with health red flags), and a late first round selection (Hart). With the picks that were thrown around this summer for stars, the Spurs were in no way out of line with their request. The fact the Kawhi isn't a Laker and we aren't sitting on a pile of picks is all on the LAL. They got stupid again, and lost the summer's big prize for the second straight year.
Exactly.
Good move by PATFO rejecting Magics bullshit.
The mistake was not playing Philly and Boston against the Flamers.

Can't believe Ainge and Philly didn't offer substantially more. But can only speculate.

spurspl
08-20-2019, 02:26 PM

1. u call this shitty pick but spurss late picks arent shitty?
2. ddr isnt a bust? ingram is promising player but LAL wasnt good fit for him(like for randle), ball has court view and passing skills better than all the spurs players combined but he need to focuse on himself and dont listem to his dad. And im sure that with spurss coaches they would improve significantly. BTW dont forget that murray also has health red flag, is he a bust?
3. these 3 guys have higher value on the market than ddr, so u could always trade them
4. its amazing that i was sure that kawhi didnt want to play with lebron but pop or any guy in spurs didnt know that

weeks
08-20-2019, 03:59 PM
1. u call this shitty pick but spurss late picks arent shitty?
2. ddr isnt a bust? ingram is promising player but LAL wasnt good fit for him(like for randle), ball has court view and passing skills better than all the spurs players combined but he need to focuse on himself and dont listem to his dad. And im sure that with spurss coaches they would improve significantly. BTW dont forget that murray also has health red flag, is he a bust?
3. these 3 guys have higher value on the market than ddr, so u could always trade them
4. its amazing that i was sure that kawhi didnt want to play with lebron but pop or any guy in spurs didnt know that

GNSF :rolleyes

tim_duncan_fan
08-20-2019, 07:50 PM

I want Murray to be an absolute god, but being real, who did he stop that year?

Didn't he get the defensive team nod based on rebounding?

MultiTroll
08-20-2019, 09:01 PM

He was on his way to being a Kawhi lite as far as disrupting passing lanes with his length and anticipation. Stuff that might not show up in the stat line.
But ya those bird legs. Hoping he'll gain weight or at least gain strength like Shaun Birdlegs Livingston did.

buujness
08-20-2019, 09:17 PM

Didn't he get the defensive team nod based on rebounding?His second year was statistically equal to Kawhi's second year (slightly better, in fact).

Murray's ability to play passing lanes without gambling is super helpful, as is his rebounding.

FkLA
08-20-2019, 10:08 PM

Truth bomb, tbh. :tu

MultiTroll
08-20-2019, 10:25 PM
Will DJ Murrays defensive ceiling ever reach Patty Mills level?

exstatic
08-20-2019, 11:03 PM

I remember him stoning Westchuck.

Frenchfred
08-21-2019, 11:03 AM

Ingram has real health issue, Ball has a dad issue and cannot throw a rock in the ocean, hart is average and the pick was a late pick.

Overall, I think that the Lakers, Celtics and Sixers are the big losers in the whole story.

DJR210
08-21-2019, 03:22 PM
Dejounte gets it :tu

Let's hope he takes a huge step forward this season with his scoring and playmaking

Kawhitstorm
08-22-2019, 12:32 AM

:lobt:

EricB
08-23-2019, 09:56 AM

Whos, Jabari Young’s?

EricB
08-23-2019, 09:59 AM

Jordan didn’t get gifted to a team that was loaded with three hall of gamers to ease him into the league

Dre_7
08-23-2019, 02:18 PM

Ingram was not part of the deal actually. Spurs wanted him included in the package (Spurs were asking for Kuz, Hart, Ingram, 2 picks, and 2 swaps) but the Lakers did not want to deal Ingram and that was what halted the talks. If anything, the Lakers are the ones that messed up this situation. They could have had Kawhi and LeBron together starting last year if only they had included Ingram

SAGirl
08-23-2019, 02:21 PM
Until he comes back on the court to stay healthy, he's a culture guy. A defensive guy is a specialist. I wish for him more than that.

exstatic
08-23-2019, 07:56 PM
Until he comes back on the court to stay healthy, he's a culture guy. A defensive guy is a specialist. I wish for him more than that.

All NBA guys are offensive specialists, I guess. Hopefully, they can be more than that.

KobesAchilles
08-23-2019, 10:12 PM
All NBA guys are offensive specialists, I guess. Hopefully, they can be more than that.
???
um duh. Harden and Westbrook and Curry make it so...
Hell even Lebron made it and he was literally pushed by his own teammate to play defense. There’s like 3 two way players in the league and Dejounte ain’t one of them.

exstatic
08-24-2019, 06:02 AM
???
um duh. Harden and Westbrook and Curry make it so...
Hell even Lebron made it and he was literally pushed by his own teammate to play defense. There’s like 3 two way players in the league and Dejounte ain’t one of them.

Guess I should have used the blue font. I was taunting the poster I was replying to for being dismissive of DJ’s All D selection, and calling him a specialist. Being recognized for playing HALF of the game better than 430-440 players isn’t specialization any more than the offensively slanted All NBA selections would be.

KobesAchilles
08-24-2019, 09:27 AM
Guess I should have used the blue font. I was taunting the poster I was replying to for being dismissive of DJ’s All D selection, and calling him a specialist. Being recognized for playing HALF of the game better than 430-440 players isn’t specialization any more than the offensively slanted All NBA selections would be.

Ohhhhhh. My bad :lol

SAGirl
08-26-2019, 10:50 PM
Sarcasm unnecessary. You know very well what I meant both in terms of him needing to stay healthy after losing a season and progressing beyond what he did 2 seasons ago... If you don't have this expectation for him and think he's already got it made your aiming way too low.

BD24
08-26-2019, 11:42 PM
God damn it, I thought we got rid of SAgirl when fathead left. A damn shame she is still around.

Will have to see her drivel posted all over the Spurs forum per par.