PDA

View Full Version : Suns: Devin Booker gets upset when double teamed during summer pick-up game [VIDEO]

DC23
08-20-2019, 01:09 PM
https://streamable.com/xofbr

:lmao I'm going to have to agree with Noah, however, a friend of mine sides with Booker saying "I agree with Booker. These practices are not trying to simulate game conditions. Each player has a unique reason to participate. During a game the goal is to win."

Where do you stand?

Yogatti
08-20-2019, 01:29 PM
He's been in the league for 4 years and never made it the playoffs, not even close to it. The Phoenix Suns led by Devin Booker are always at the bottom of the league. He's a loser who doesn't make his team better.

RD2191
08-20-2019, 01:29 PM
Who?

DC23
08-20-2019, 01:33 PM
He's been in the league for 4 years and never made it the playoffs, not even close to it. The Phoenix Suns led by Devin Booker are always at the bottom of the league. He's a loser who doesn't make his team better.
A bit harsh don't you think? You think the roster surrounding Booker is playoff worthy given the competitive landscape of the West? Bad ownership, bad draft decisions, etc.

Yogatti
08-20-2019, 02:09 PM
A bit harsh don't you think? You think the roster surrounding Booker is playoff worthy given the competitive landscape of the West? Bad ownership, bad draft decisions, etc.

How is it harsh? Everything I said was facts. He doesn't make his teammates better. He can't carry a team to the playoffs. He doesn't play defense. He has no impact on the game, empty stats type of player. Yeah he can score the ball but look where that's got them, still at the bottom of the league every year

BD24
08-20-2019, 03:27 PM
They shouldn’t necessarily be a playoff team, but if he is as good as he’s hyped up to be there is enough talent there to at least win 40 games imo. They shouldn’t be fucking bottom feeders

DC23
08-20-2019, 03:53 PM
They shouldn’t necessarily be a playoff team, but if he is as good as he’s hyped up to be there is enough talent there to at least win 40 games imo. They shouldn’t be fucking bottom feeders
Well the Suns have been playing without a PG for several years now. Josh Jackson, Marqueese Chriss, and Dragon Bender were all major busts. The Suns have some veteran pieces with Rubio, Saric, Baynes, and Kaminsky, and should win 35 games this year.

Spurtacular
08-20-2019, 04:11 PM
If I'm an NBA coach, I'm doubling this fucker every possession now. :lmao

gambit1990
08-20-2019, 04:13 PM
:lol what a pussy.

lefty
08-20-2019, 04:46 PM
:lol

spurraider21
08-20-2019, 04:50 PM
:lol

Chris
08-20-2019, 04:57 PM
:lol today's NBA

BD24
08-20-2019, 09:58 PM
Tbh

Seventyniner
08-21-2019, 12:03 PM

Might as well, Booker plays NBA games like they're open gym anyway.

Spurtacular
08-21-2019, 03:17 PM
Might as well, Booker plays NBA games like they're open gym anyway.

Yup. He's clearly enjoying his big stat nights; put pressure on him every single play.

I think teams don't though b/c it's the Suns and the players don't want to sacrifice their own stat padding by not playing an open game.

LkrFan
08-21-2019, 04:53 PM
Gil with the goods
https://twitter.com/YahooSportsNBA/status/1164285300006371329?s=19

LkrFan
08-21-2019, 05:21 PM
Booker is sofT
https://twitter.com/BR_NBA/status/1164300436376920064?s=19

ambchang
08-21-2019, 06:13 PM
:lol today’s nba.

Mark Celibate
08-21-2019, 06:42 PM
much ado about nothing tbh

hater
08-21-2019, 08:10 PM
He's a fagoot I would have called Zaza Pachulia and told him to guard that pussy

Seventyniner
08-21-2019, 09:02 PM
I miss Agent Zero. He always operated on the edge and it was inevitable that he would go over it one day, but it was fun while it lasted.

lefty
08-22-2019, 06:30 AM
:lmao and KD agrees with Booker

BD24
08-22-2019, 09:47 AM
Booker defending his faggotry :lol

Fat Brandon Bass
08-22-2019, 05:54 PM
i can see both sides. if it's an open gym where winner keeps the court and you know you'll have to wait awhile to play again if you lose, yeah fuck that do whatever to win. double team, hand check, etc.

But I'm assuming since these guys are pros, the gym was closed off and they could just run it back over and over. If so, yeah then double teaming is weak. When else are you going to work on your defensive game and what better time than when you're guarding one of the best scorers in the NBA in a meaningless game? Pickup should be about getting better, not trying to win every game at the expense of working on your weaknesses. Like I said, the only exception is when there's a line out the ass and you need to hold down the court, but that's likely not the case here

08-22-2019, 06:23 PM
:lol today’s nba.

Killakobe81
08-24-2019, 01:47 PM
i can see both sides. if it's an open gym where winner keeps the court and you know you'll have to wait awhile to play again if you lose, yeah fuck that do whatever to win. double team, hand check, etc.

But I'm assuming since these guys are pros, the gym was closed off and they could just run it back over and over. If so, yeah then double teaming is weak. When else are you going to work on your defensive game and what better time than when you're guarding one of the best scorers in the NBA in a meaningless game? Pickup should be about getting better, not trying to win every game at the expense of working on your weaknesses. Like I said, the only exception is when there's a line out the ass and you need to hold down the court, but that's likely not the case here

I see both sides but you lost me at the end. You always play to win. Sure I get the idea of wanting to work on your own game, butif that is the case you recruit the best defensive player you can find and you work on it individually. Book can't control the opposing team in a pickup game... What he should have done is challenged the guy defending him and clowned him for needing help instead of chiding Joakim for helping. . If I'm Noah I respond same way too .

spurraider21
06-21-2021, 01:23 PM
he's come a long way tbh

Spurtacular
06-21-2021, 02:03 PM
https://streamable.com/xofbr

:lmao I'm going to have to agree with Noah, however, a friend of mine sides with Booker saying "I agree with Booker. These practices are not trying to simulate game conditions. Each player has a unique reason to participate. During a game the goal is to win."

Where do you stand?
lefty (https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=6896)

This why the NBA got soft as Charmin.

Today's ref calls a foul on that first guy for putting hands, tbh.

Look how he's getting leveraged so easy; sh** lower body strength.

Dude ain't getting 40's against real defense.