PDA

View Full Version : Guilty-Pleasure Foods

Chucho
08-22-2019, 01:53 PM
The chip thread got me thinking about the guilty pleasure foods.

What are a few of yours?

Thin cut, crispy fried Spam is good when I haven't had Spam in a long while.

Canned ravioli. The HEB brand used to be hella good.

Bill Miller chop BBQ sammiches. Don't know what's in it, don't care what's in it. Load it up with pickle n onions and it's something I find myself missing sometimes here in Cali. Closest thing I guess would be Arbys.

MultiTroll
08-22-2019, 02:00 PM
https://cook.fnr.sndimg.com/content/dam/images/cook/fullset/2011/12/7/1/cc_mint-chocolate-chip-ice-cream-sandwich-cookies-recipe-03_s4x3.jpg.rend.hgtvcom.616.462.suffix/1373291098532.jpeg
It's - It brand.
Also sold at Wally Mart (altho have not seen Mint) and Smart and Final has Mint and best price on 3 pack I have seen.

https://www.instacart.com/shopping/products/190972-it's-it-ice-cream-sandwich-5.5-fl-oz?rid=1099&utm_source=instacart_google&utm_medium=sem_shopping&utm_campaign=ad_demand_prospecting_shopping&device_id=CjwKCAjw-vjqBRA6EiwAe8TCkxvjjPMUrh81IMY-pO5xvjFwxagLBugys_4SiVukA2dB-toEI-y8eRoCr54QAvD_BwE&utm_source=instacart_google&utm_medium=paid_search_nonbrand&utm_campaign=ad_demand_shopping_food_ca_sandiego_n ewengen?ko_click_id=ko_704a5d5ee6971f564&utm_medium=paid_search&utm_source=instacart_google&utm_campaign=ad_demand_prospecting&utm_term=&gclid=CjwKCAjw-vjqBRA6EiwAe8TCkxvjjPMUrh81IMY-pO5xvjFwxagLBugys_4SiVukA2dB-toEI-y8eRoCr54QAvD_BwE

chunticakes
08-22-2019, 02:10 PM

What are a few of yours?

Bill Miller chop BBQ sammiches. Don't know what's in it, don't care what's in it. Load it up with pickle n onions and it's something I find myself missing sometimes here in Cali. Closest thing I guess would be Arbys.

Grilled cheese
Mac n cheese
Chilli
Hot dogs

Chucho
08-22-2019, 02:13 PM
https://cook.fnr.sndimg.com/content/dam/images/cook/fullset/2011/12/7/1/cc_mint-chocolate-chip-ice-cream-sandwich-cookies-recipe-03_s4x3.jpg.rend.hgtvcom.616.462.suffix/1373291098532.jpeg
It's - It brand.
Also sold at Wally Mart (altho have not seen Mint) and Smart and Final has Mint and best price on 3 pack I have seen.

https://www.instacart.com/shopping/products/190972-it's-it-ice-cream-sandwich-5.5-fl-oz?rid=1099&utm_source=instacart_google&utm_medium=sem_shopping&utm_campaign=ad_demand_prospecting_shopping&device_id=CjwKCAjw-vjqBRA6EiwAe8TCkxvjjPMUrh81IMY-pO5xvjFwxagLBugys_4SiVukA2dB-toEI-y8eRoCr54QAvD_BwE&utm_source=instacart_google&utm_medium=paid_search_nonbrand&utm_campaign=ad_demand_shopping_food_ca_sandiego_n ewengen?ko_click_id=ko_704a5d5ee6971f564&utm_medium=paid_search&utm_source=instacart_google&utm_campaign=ad_demand_prospecting&utm_term=&gclid=CjwKCAjw-vjqBRA6EiwAe8TCkxvjjPMUrh81IMY-pO5xvjFwxagLBugys_4SiVukA2dB-toEI-y8eRoCr54QAvD_BwE

Check your local gas station, they sell the mint ones as singles in all the gas stations here up North.

Darth_Pelican
08-22-2019, 02:20 PM
https://i5.walmartimages.com/asr/17b6d9d4-397e-4696-9813-9026f6d5291e_1.06c273cab1f336fec2478143f9b89aa1.jp eg

baseline bum
08-22-2019, 02:43 PM
Shin Ramyun spicy ramen or Cup of Noodles curry flavor. For when I just want some quick junk food and don't want to spend an hour making a fancy ramen or three hours making from scratch curry.

SpursforSix
08-22-2019, 02:43 PM
Sometimes, whatever shit they have in the convenience store heaters hits the spot.
Random ass burritos, taquitos, biscuit and sausage, etc.

Millennial_Messiah
08-22-2019, 02:45 PM
Maybe not food, but soda, soda, soda, soda and more soda for me. Soda Mothafuckin' Pop.

also, dried cranberries and Montmorency cherries

Millennial_Messiah
08-22-2019, 02:47 PM
https://d2lnr5mha7bycj.cloudfront.net/product-image/file/large_c72840a7-c6b7-4b74-8be9-535b7192ba18.jpg

This is my shit

83 cents for a 2 liter bottle after tax.

chunticakes
08-22-2019, 03:19 PM
Sometimes, whatever shit they have in the convenience store heaters hits the spot.
Random ass burritos, taquitos, biscuit and sausage, etc.

Shit, I forgot about those. Gas station burritos kick ass.

Pavlov
08-22-2019, 03:23 PM
Wienerschnitzel chili cheese dogs and Polish sandwiches. Thank goodness those salt bombs aren't convenient to me most of the time.

SpursforSix
08-22-2019, 03:28 PM
Wienerschnitzel chili cheese dogs and Polish sandwiches. Thank goodness those salt bombs aren't convenient to me most of the time.

haven't seen a WS in years and years but x2

Millennial_Messiah
08-22-2019, 03:37 PM
haven't seen a WS in years and years but x2

Yesterdog has the best ones I've ever had, but there's only 1 location in existence

spurraider21
08-22-2019, 04:11 PM
generally, anything oreo related

the regular classic cookies. oreo flavored ice creams (oreo mcflurry....). oreo o's cereal, either in a bowl with milk or just something crunchy to snack on. one time at the market i was doing basic shopping. saw oreo pop tarts in the aisle. i had absolutely no intention of buying pop tarts that day. came home with a box of oreo pop tarts

when i graduated law school and was asked what kind of cake i wanted, i asked for an oreo ice cream cake

i cant stop. i dont care for the weird flavored ones though.

Mitch
08-22-2019, 04:29 PM
Drink wise beer and energy drinks, i used to be a caffeine addict a decade ago so I crack open an energy drink once or twice a week. Beer just one night a week unless I'm taking the girl out for dinner.

Food wise, pizza, poutine and chili cheese fries. I'd eat so much garbage back when I was lifting weights 3-4hrs 5 days a week. :lol

spurraider21
08-22-2019, 04:36 PM
i used to have a can of soda a day. usually dr pepper, or even the sweeter cherry dr pepper. cut that habit about 3-4 years ago, glad i did.

i'll still have soda at partys or whatever, or with fast food. but no longer a regular thing, gladly

MultiTroll
08-22-2019, 05:03 PM
Ads are appearing for ice cream sandwiches now. :rollin

Blake
08-22-2019, 08:34 PM
HEB brand ice cream pretty much any flavor. They blow Blue Bell out of the water both in quality, taste and price.

Intense chocolate, Java chocolate chunk, and the 1905 Vanilla are my go-tos

benefactor
08-22-2019, 08:44 PM
Once a week, the cafe at my work makes fried zucchini. So fucking good. DiGiorno is a good call too. I'll do one once every few weeks. I basically have the crust down to a science.:lol

mrsmaalox
08-22-2019, 09:30 PM

What are a few of yours?

Haha I had to check my husband’s ipad to see if he has ST because this is EXACTLY what he would post :lol

mrsmaalox
08-22-2019, 09:32 PM

Chili cheese dogs and corn dogs. I worked there in hs and pretty much maxed myself out on those polish sandwiches.

baseline bum
08-22-2019, 09:35 PM
Once a week, the cafe at my work makes fried zucchini. So fucking good. DiGiorno is a good call too. I'll do one once every few weeks. I basically have the crust down to a science.:lol

I used to like DiGiornos, but now have a hard time justifying buying frozen pizza when Dominos has larges for $8.

spurraider21
08-22-2019, 09:38 PM
I used to like DiGiornos, but now have a hard time justifying buying frozen pizza when Dominos has larges for $8.
costco pizza is pretty fuckin good with a good price if you're willing to forego delivery

baseline bum
08-22-2019, 10:02 PM
costco pizza is pretty fuckin good with a good price if you're willing to forego delivery

Plus their law school is good too

RD2191
08-22-2019, 11:12 PM
i used to have a can of soda a day. usually dr pepper, or even the sweeter cherry dr pepper. cut that habit about 3-4 years ago, glad i did.

i'll still have soda at partys or whatever, or with fast food. but no longer a regular thing, gladly

I'm trying to cut down. What do you usually drink in a day? Just water?

SpursforSix
08-22-2019, 11:34 PM

God damn Rob. Do you really need advice what to drink instead of soda?

FrostKing
08-22-2019, 11:51 PM
With meals is the issue I presume. My favorite is apple juice. Ice Tea or Snapple are great too. You can buy all in bulk these days and reasonable calories. Stuff that is magically 0 calorie is usually unhealthy so be careful

At work if I only have water and am eating a meal I'll use these "water enhancers". But same as the 0 calorie stuff, I don't drink em daily

http://www.grocery.com/store/image/cache/catalog/kraft/mio-water-enhancement-variety-pack-of-4-variety-B00EVWWFF6-600x315.jpg

Beyond that it is orange juice with breakfast and then chugging water in large portions during the day to avoid thirst

> If you need an all day drink then purchase a large canister fill with water and drop in some lemons. Add sugar as you go. Over time get you off that can addiction.

DJR210
08-23-2019, 12:27 AM
Bend over..i'll show you some guilty pleasure

spurraider21
08-23-2019, 01:12 AM
i did start drinking more water.

if i wanted something sweeter, i'd have a glass of juice here or there. usually orange juice. frostking said the same, which is cool. i'd avoid super sugary shit like snapples though. just get regular juice and make sure you're not getting a brand thats dumping a lot of extra sugar in it. fruits are sweet enough not to need a lot of added sugar. at nights i'd have tea with honey. stuff like that.

i've always been pretty skinny, so it wasn't a serious issue for me yet, but i realized it probably wasn't a good habit to sustain. figured i'd stop before it became a problem.

Thread
08-23-2019, 01:13 AM
Permit it to assume ALMOST room temperature. Just a bit of coolness to remain. It's close to orgiastic.

https://d2lnr5mha7bycj.cloudfront.net/product-image/file/large_f8094233-102f-44d4-9d21-673adfbc4d53.JPG

Thread
08-23-2019, 01:18 AM
A pumpkin roll. Girl will make this. Has a cream cheese filling that is beyond description. It is to die for. Served cool, but, not cold.

​https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqECcgHQfCAI0A5--dh5OK2XbEjRPr7-LepEMfeAlGwMEoje9sqw

Thread
08-23-2019, 01:23 AM
These are date-nut bars. She's going to make a batch on Saturday. They're absolutely scrumptious. When they come out of the oven it's a glorious event. The powdered sugar drives a person near frenzy.

https://images05.foap.com/images/491e28fb-731c-4cc0-b0a6-eb2596fe16ff/powdered-sugar-date-nut-bars.jpg?filename=w1280&dw=960

Thread
08-23-2019, 01:30 AM
She's going to make this tomorrow for me. It's a Green Jello Mold. Supposed to have pineapple chunks in it, but, I stopped that inclusion 40 years ago. Just the lime jello & Cool Whip whipped together into a concoction that is unbelievable. The texture & consistency will transfix you. Nobody likes it but me, so I get the whole mold.

https://tmbidigitalassetsazure.blob.core.windows.net/secure/RMS/attachments/37/1200x1200/exps36669_NBC143387B01_17_3bC_RMS.jpg

Thread
08-23-2019, 01:44 AM
Your store bought Chocolate Nemo. (I could not get a picture to lodge properly but we're all familiar with the Nemo).

Do not rush this. Take it home, don't consume your Nemo in the car, big mistake. Drive your Nemo home. Make sure you're alone. Don't eat your Nemo among people. Wash your hands. Then set your Nemo on a plate then on the table. Undress your Nemo. Watch so your Nemo doesn't stick to the plastic wrap. Be careful! Do not touch Nemo as you undress it. You'll wan to, but, refrain.

Once undressed, WALK-A-WAY. Just let it set there by itself. Set your short fork next to the plate. Pour a glass of milk. Set this class into the freezer. Then go do something else away from the Nemo area. Permit your Nemo to assume room temperature. 30 minutes minimum come back into the room where your Nemo is setting. Don't watch TV as you consume your Nemo. Just sit the fuck down and take your time. Eat like a gentleman would. Take small bites, one after another without consuming the milk. Let that chocolate icing sit on the tongue so you get the full impact of it. When you're done with your Nemo consume the glass of ice cold milk.

baseline bum
08-23-2019, 01:53 AM
These are date-nut bars. She's going to make a batch on Saturday. They're absolutely scrumptious. When they come out of the oven it's a glorious event. The powdered sugar drives a person near frenzy.

https://images05.foap.com/images/491e28fb-731c-4cc0-b0a6-eb2596fe16ff/powdered-sugar-date-nut-bars.jpg?filename=w1280&dw=960

Bend over. I'll give you a date nut.

DeadlyDynasty
08-23-2019, 04:29 AM
Sour Haribo gummy bears
Napoleon Cake
Anything from Taco Bell

Will Hunting
08-23-2019, 05:34 AM
I’ve found waking up every morning drinking an ungodly amount of water cuts down on soda and food cravings.

Will Hunting
08-23-2019, 05:34 AM
Bend over. I'll give you a date nut.
:lmao

leemajors
08-23-2019, 07:44 AM
Sour Haribo gummy bears
Napoleon Cake
Anything from Taco Bell

I'm always irritated when they take the Nacho Fries box away.

baseline bum
08-23-2019, 09:43 AM
Sour Haribo gummy bears

Fucking everything Haribo makes. Except the watermelons, those suck.

SpursforSix
08-23-2019, 09:54 AM
Bend over..i'll show you some guilty pleasure

:clap other than not using the word, "fuckin", this was excellent.

RD2191
08-23-2019, 10:23 AM
With meals is the issue I presume. My favorite is apple juice. Ice Tea or Snapple are great too. You can buy all in bulk these days and reasonable calories. Stuff that is magically 0 calorie is usually unhealthy so be careful

At work if I only have water and am eating a meal I'll use these "water enhancers". But same as the 0 calorie stuff, I don't drink em daily

http://www.grocery.com/store/image/cache/catalog/kraft/mio-water-enhancement-variety-pack-of-4-variety-B00EVWWFF6-600x315.jpg

Beyond that it is orange juice with breakfast and then chugging water in large portions during the day to avoid thirst

> If you need an all day drink then purchase a large canister fill with water and drop in some lemons. Add sugar as you go. Over time get you off that can addiction.

:tu great suggestions. I'm actually a little underweight so I drink soda for the calories. I know that shit isn't good for me though so I'm trying to cut back. Definitely gonna give some of these a go.

RD2191
08-23-2019, 10:23 AM
God damn Rob. Do you really need advice what to drink instead of soda?

:lol

Pavlov
08-23-2019, 11:13 AM
I'm always irritated when they take the Nacho Fries box away.:lol It's always WTF when they change/suspend a Cravings deal. Their $1 breakfast items are a guilty pleasure. Get a couple "burritos," make one of them potato and egg and it's filling enough to skip lunch. Never a line for breakfast either.

MultiTroll
08-23-2019, 11:15 AM
Check your local gas station, they sell the mint ones as singles in all the gas stations here up North.
You sure they are It's-It brand?

Chucho
08-23-2019, 12:08 PM
You sure they are It's-It brand?

Absolutely. I married a CA native. CA natives know ItsIt.

Chucho
08-23-2019, 12:09 PM
:lol It's always WTF when they change/suspend a Cravings deal. Their $1 breakfast items are a guilty pleasure. Get a couple "burritos," make one of them potato and egg and it's filling enough to skip lunch. Never a line for breakfast either.

Wont lie, for cheap and fast breakfast, they are hard to beat.

Also second the Nacho fries...those are bomb.

baseline bum
08-23-2019, 12:10 PM
:tu great suggestions. I'm actually a little underweight so I drink soda for the calories. I know that shit isn't good for me though so I'm trying to cut back. Definitely gonna give some of these a go.

So you're below 250 you're saying?

spurraider21
08-23-2019, 12:56 PM
Sour Haribo gummy bears
Napoleon Cake
Anything from Taco Bell
true

RD2191
08-23-2019, 02:35 PM
So you're below 250 you're saying?

:lmao big mona wants me this way...

chunticakes
08-24-2019, 11:40 AM
:lol

Drink some Topo Chico. The OG grapefruit flavored one is the best IMO.

OR, you can get some Mio and dump it in the regular flavorless Topo.

FkLA
08-24-2019, 12:19 PM
Any sweet pastry/cookie basically. I have to make a concerted effort to only get 1 box when I go grocery shopping bc I can't control myself. Doesnt matter if its 10 boxes, I'll devour them all in a day or two if they're in the pantry. The rest has to be the low calorie Fiber One sweets or I'd be morbidly obese, tbh.

Xevious
08-26-2019, 04:54 AM
HEB brand ice cream pretty much any flavor. They blow Blue Bell out of the water both in quality, taste and price.

Intense chocolate, Java chocolate chunk, and the 1905 Vanilla are my go-tos
Hell fucking yes to the HEB ice cream. Java Chocolate Chunk is my flavor right now.

If I could live on nothing but ice cream, I'd probably be okay with that. :lol Other sweets not so much.

SpursforSix
08-26-2019, 10:07 AM
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/27/McD-McRib.jpg

mrsmaalox
08-26-2019, 12:37 PM
Hell fucking yes to the HEB ice cream. Java Chocolate Chunk is my flavor right now.

If I could live on nothing but ice cream, I'd probably be okay with that. :lol Other sweets not so much.

Love HEB ice creams too. I just got off a bad 3 month Java Chocolate Chunk jag lol. I noticed a change though. I think its the chocolate chips because its in their bakery cookies too. But no matter because now I have Coconut Almond Chocolate Chip! If you like an Almond Joy, this is really something. Then when it gets cooler I’ll switch to the Mexican Hot Chocolate :)

baseline bum
08-26-2019, 12:48 PM
Love HEB ice creams too. I just got off a bad 3 month Java Chocolate Chunk jag lol. I noticed a change though. I think its the chocolate chips because its in their bakery cookies too. But no matter because now I have Coconut Almond Chocolate Chip! If you like an Almond Joy, this is really something. Then when it gets cooler I’ll switch to the Mexican Hot Chocolate :)

I like the White Chocolate Raspberry despite it having no white chocolate in it. But those dark chocolate pieces contrast well with the raspberry. The Caramel Turtle is good too. I'm disappointed lately with Blue Bell. I used to love the Southern Blackberry Cobbler but I got a half gallon of it last week and it has way less blackberry syrup in it and it tastes like they added cinnamon now. Blue Bell was so much better before they started poisoning people tbh.

mrsmaalox
08-26-2019, 01:42 PM
I like the White Chocolate Raspberry despite it having no white chocolate in it. But those dark chocolate pieces contrast well with the raspberry. The Caramel Turtle is good too. I'm disappointed lately with Blue Bell. I used to love the Southern Blackberry Cobbler but I got a half gallon of it last week and it has way less blackberry syrup in it and it tastes like they added cinnamon now. Blue Bell was so much better before they started poisoning people tbh.

I was never a big Blue Bell fan, so their poisoning stunts were just a slight inconvenience to me, but enough to drive me to HEB ice cream full time. Strawberry is the only berry I like and I still get Blue Bell for that. HEBs isn’t sweet enough for me.

Chris Fall
08-26-2019, 02:19 PM
Lately those Reese’s peanut butter cup thins. Twice now I’ve gotten a bag that holds probably about 40 or so of them and finish them within 2 days. It’s bad. I’ll eat 5 in a row with no hesitation and apparently no immediate guilt.

Pavlov
08-26-2019, 02:20 PM
HEB did have their own recall for strawberry ice cream a few days ago. Something about metal shavings.

Blue Bell can go fuck themselves.

Will Hunting
08-26-2019, 04:22 PM
Any sweet pastry/cookie basically. I have to make a concerted effort to only get 1 box when I go grocery shopping bc I can't control myself. Doesnt matter if its 10 boxes, I'll devour them all in a day or two if they're in the pantry. The rest has to be the low calorie Fiber One sweets or I'd be morbidly obese, tbh.
Same tbh. I don’t keep any sweets/pastries in my apartment because I’d devour them if I did, I have to basically avoid them completely.

baseline bum
08-26-2019, 04:51 PM
Same tbh. I don’t keep any sweets/pastries in my apartment because I’d devour them if I did, I have to basically avoid them completely.

If I buy four bags of Haribos they'll last about as long as one would lol. No interest in getting the beetus, so I stick to buying one bag and never store any. Weird how I had 100x more self control with cocaine than sugar. :lol

Also why I buy ice cream maybe once every month or two. Because I plow right through it.

Will Hunting
08-26-2019, 05:02 PM
If I buy four bags of Haribos they'll last about as long as one would lol. No interest in getting the beetus, so I stick to buying one bag and never store any. Weird how I had 100x more self control with cocaine than sugar. :lol

Also why I buy ice cream maybe once every month or two. Because I plow right through it.
They've done studies with rats that show sugar is way more addictive than cocaine (dead serious) :lol

I try to keep my fridge stocked with fruit so whenever I'm craving sugar I'll eat that rather than pastries.

Millennial_Messiah
08-26-2019, 05:41 PM

As a senior in high school in 2012/2013 I was addicted to Haribo "Happy Cola" candies that I'd get from Walgreens

Spurtacular
08-26-2019, 06:27 PM
They've done studies with rats that show sugar is way more addictive than cocaine (dead serious) :lol

I try to keep my fridge stocked with fruit so whenever I'm craving sugar I'll eat that rather than pastries.

Smart.

I try to have fruit before any sugar in my day with varying results.

baseline bum
08-26-2019, 06:30 PM
As a senior in high school in 2012/2013 I was addicted to Haribo "Happy Cola" candies that I'd get from Walgreens

Those are good, but the fizzy colas with the sour sugar took those to the next level.

baseline bum
08-26-2019, 06:32 PM

Yeah man a nice chunk of cantaloupe in season is fucking hard to beat. I love Granny Smith apples too (can't stand red ones though).

Chris
08-26-2019, 07:33 PM
https://proxy.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=http%3A%2F%2Fcdn.shopify.com%2Fs%2Ffiles%2F1%2F 0752%2F2329%2Fproducts%2Fbigred.jpg%3Fv%3D14337380 28&f=1

spurraider21
08-26-2019, 08:34 PM
yeah a lot of this stuff is out of sight, out of mind.

even those piece of shit cheap cup noodles, or those ridiculously sodium packed progresso soups. the few times i've bought them, i tell myself im only going to use them in some situation where i dont have a meal prepped and have no real choice.

within 3 days they're all eaten. same with shit like hot pockets

spurraider21
08-26-2019, 08:35 PM
switching from eating sugary kid cereals like fruit loops and shit to fiber one has been another positive change i've made. now my "sweet" variant of cereal is honey bunches of oats, with fiber one being my regular one.

except when i go nuts and buy a box of oreo o's. then that thing is gone in 4 days

Blake
08-26-2019, 08:40 PM
Fiber One looks and smells like rabbit pellets.

I feel good enough eating honey bunches with almonds or special k with berries

SpursforSix
08-26-2019, 08:45 PM
Yeah man a nice chunk of cantaloupe in season is fucking hard to beat. I love Granny Smith apples too (can't stand red ones though).

I don’t know who the hell eats those. Mealy. I like the GS as well but fine with Jazz, Honey Crisp...anything that’s tart. But can’t beat the GS for price.

SpursforSix
08-26-2019, 08:46 PM
switching from eating sugary kid cereals like fruit loops and shit to fiber one has been another positive change i've made. now my "sweet" variant of cereal is honey bunches of oats, with fiber one being my regular one.

except when i go nuts and buy a box of oreo o's. then that thing is gone in 4 days

I through phases where the cookie (whatever kind) isn’t enough so I’ll put peanut butter on them. Same with most ice creams.

baseline bum
08-26-2019, 08:51 PM

Does Honey Bunches of Oats actually have any less sugar than Froot Loops? It tastes way too good for me to believe so. I just eat bland ass oatmeal with cinnamon since I don't want a sugar bomb in a daily meal. Tastes like shit but it's just fuel IMO.

Will Hunting
08-26-2019, 08:58 PM
Berries are where it’s at for me. Blueberries especially. I’m a big fan of pomegranate seeds too even though it’s expensive as shit to buy the seeds themselves (not gonna spend 15 minutes picking a pomegranate apart :lol)

Will Hunting
08-26-2019, 09:00 PM
Does Honey Bunches of Oats actually have any less sugar than Froot Loops? It tastes way too good for me to believe so. I just eat bland ass oatmeal with cinnamon since I don't want a sugar bomb in a daily meal. Tastes like shit but it's just fuel IMO.
Yeah honey bunches of oats definitely has loads of sugar, it tastes way too good not to.

The fact most Americans think your average breakfast cereal is healthy is one of the most well run (albeit destructive) multi-decade marketing campaigns we’ll ever see.

FkLA
08-26-2019, 09:02 PM
Tbh I don't eat that much cereal but when I do it's still regular cereal. I just use almond milk instead of regular milk to keep the calories down.

It's the Fiber One pastry/cookie line-up that's a must have for me. They're sweet enough to kill off sweet cravings but not good enough to where you want to devour the whole box in one sitting.

https://preview.redd.it/gkbdd9v1f9w21.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&auto=webp&2ac5c23dhttps://preview.redd.it/gkbdd9v1f9w21.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&auto=webp&2ac5c23dhttps://i5.walmartimages.com/asr/793d28e0-134e-474a-86be-b28151ca4b32_1.22cc29a864022b17c1de922afefa400a.jp eg?odnHeight=450&odnWidth=450&odnBg=FFFFFFhttps://trusubucketproduction1.s3.amazonaws.com/__sized__/products/869ba33c-c560-4728-a5ec-e18bebf5cd3c-e1f12c09672f9aaabf8478b0021e43ee.jpg

Will Hunting
08-26-2019, 09:04 PM
Tbh I don't eat that much cereal but when I do it's still regular cereal. I just use almond milk instead of regular milk to keep the calories down.

It's the Fiber One pastry/cookie line-up that's a must have for me. They're sweet enough to kill off sweet cravings but not good enough to where you want to devour the whole box in one sitting.

https://preview.redd.it/gkbdd9v1f9w21.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&auto=webp&2ac5c23dhttps://preview.redd.it/gkbdd9v1f9w21.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&auto=webp&2ac5c23dhttps://i5.walmartimages.com/asr/793d28e0-134e-474a-86be-b28151ca4b32_1.22cc29a864022b17c1de922afefa400a.jp eg?odnHeight=450&odnWidth=450&odnBg=FFFFFFhttps://trusubucketproduction1.s3.amazonaws.com/__sized__/products/869ba33c-c560-4728-a5ec-e18bebf5cd3c-e1f12c09672f9aaabf8478b0021e43ee.jpg
You also won’t devour the whole box in one sitting because of how much time you’d be spending on the toilet the following day :lol

Blake
08-26-2019, 09:12 PM
Berries are where it’s at for me. Blueberries especially. I’m a big fan of pomegranate seeds too even though it’s expensive as shit to buy the seeds themselves (not gonna spend 15 minutes picking a pomegranate apart :lol)

Blueberries are ridiculously healthy. I always have a pint in the fridge for cereal

resistanze
08-26-2019, 09:13 PM
Haribo Cola bottles
Sour Patch Watermelons
Simply Apple Juice
Filet-O-Fish

I have a very strong sweet tooth and have cut out juices/soft drinks by like 90% from where I used to be a few years ago tbh. I can eat a bag of Haribo in one sitting, but boy does it cause mud butt.

Blake
08-26-2019, 09:14 PM
Yeah honey bunches of oats definitely has loads of sugar, it tastes way too good not to.

The fact most Americans think your average breakfast cereal is healthy is one of the most well run (albeit destructive) multi-decade marketing campaigns we’ll ever see.

I know that's true and I still can't help but think that I'm eating better with honey bunches or even honey nut Cheerios.

Mental thing I guess

Will Hunting
08-26-2019, 09:43 PM
I know that's true and I still can't help but think that I'm eating better with honey bunches or even honey nut Cheerios.

Mental thing I guess
There’s no question that the cereals you mentioned are more healthy than Reese’s Puffs or Captain Crunch, it’s still just a lot more in sugars/processed starches than your body should be ingesting at once. The breakfasts that are heavy in fats (ie eggs and bacon) are better for you.

Will Hunting
08-26-2019, 09:44 PM
Blueberries are ridiculously healthy. I always have a pint in the fridge for cereal
For men blueberries are possibly the healthiest fruit that exists. I always buy the giant sized container from Trader Joe’s as a go to snack.

spurraider21
08-27-2019, 11:41 AM
it does have less sugar. its still not the healthiest thing in the world, but its not as bad as the "kid" cereals like fruit loops, capn crunch, cinnamon toast crunch, etc.

like i said, honey bunches of oats is now my go-to "sweet tooth" cereal whereas most times when i have cereal its fiber one. its an improvement to having the extra sugary ones nearly daily

Pavlov
08-27-2019, 12:22 PM
My "sweet" cereal (sweeter, I guess) is HEB Multigrain muesli-type stuff. Tastes good and one bowl is pretty filling. Otherwise generic Cheerios and raisin bran.

leemajors
08-27-2019, 01:29 PM

I've been doing oats soaked in kefir overnight.

spurraider21
08-27-2019, 01:35 PM
i do that in the winters when its colder. steel cut oatmeal with some cinnamon and a little honey just to make it edible. but in the hot summer months, i cant have a warm bowl of tasteless oatmeal.

otherwise i usually have fiber one cereal or just a couple of eggs with toast. i never add salt to my eggs. never felt the need to. when i had to rush to work, i'd grab a nature valley bar and a banana

FrostKing
08-27-2019, 01:36 PM
Also very tasty

https://target.scene7.com/is/image/Target/GUEST_8bbd6034-9a71-457d-8de6-1aee15b98b24?wid=488&hei=488&fmt=pjpeg

Allan Rowe vs Wade
08-27-2019, 01:53 PM

What are a few of yours?

your mom's vagina

--

man how has noone posted that yet? guess ST takes its junk food very seriously

johnsmith
08-27-2019, 07:21 PM

Google ways to get the seeds out of pomegranates....the water in a bowl trick makes it take about three minutes to get all the seeds out.

johnsmith
08-27-2019, 07:22 PM
Also very tasty

https://target.scene7.com/is/image/Target/GUEST_8bbd6034-9a71-457d-8de6-1aee15b98b24?wid=488&hei=488&fmt=pjpeg

That’s my favorite cereal....or at least a tie with raisin nut bran.

Errol Flynn
08-27-2019, 10:40 PM
https://img.grouponcdn.com/deal/dc5028e49ee74effaef4f29f97f26482/82/v1/c700x420.jpg

Millennial_Messiah
08-27-2019, 10:52 PM
https://img.grouponcdn.com/deal/dc5028e49ee74effaef4f29f97f26482/82/v1/c700x420.jpg

April 5, 2016. I'm still pissed they told me I wasn't one of the first 15 people to earn free chicken for a year.

Ellsworth
08-29-2019, 07:01 PM
https://thumbor.thedailymeal.com/dG4P8vTagm9BIdkKXUZ4sBv1tJk=/774x516/filters:format(webp)/https://www.thedailymeal.com/sites/default/files/images/9-traderjoes-janebruce.jpg
Throw in some raw pecans, walnuts, pineapples & raspberries... :spin

Spurminator
08-29-2019, 07:34 PM
Trader Joe's version of Takis
Totinos $1 frozen pizzas
Snickers Ice Cream Bars
7-Eleven Taquitos
Frosted Mini-Wheats
McDonald's Sausage & Egg Burritos
Taco Bueno Beef Muchaco
Taco Bell Crunchwrap Supreme
Jack in the Box Sriracha burger
Evol frozen Chicken Tikka Masala

spurraider21
08-29-2019, 08:16 PM
https://thumbor.thedailymeal.com/dG4P8vTagm9BIdkKXUZ4sBv1tJk=/774x516/filters:format(webp)/https://www.thedailymeal.com/sites/default/files/images/9-traderjoes-janebruce.jpg
Throw in some raw pecans, walnuts, pineapples & raspberries... :spin
yes

i've been having this nearly exclusively for the past 2 months. no need for toppings. though i have crushed oreos on it once or twice

Pavlov
08-30-2019, 02:41 AM
Taco Bell is changing their menu in a couple weeks. You've been warned. At least three things I like are going away.

spurraider21
08-30-2019, 02:25 PM
aww, the gimmick dorito tacos are gone... i didnt mind those

but i mostly stick to the burrito/taco/crunchwrap supreme

SpursforSix
08-30-2019, 02:31 PM
Was at the grocery store last night and didn't know they still made these. Had to grab a box. They'll likely stay in the freezer forever but you never know.

https://d2lnr5mha7bycj.cloudfront.net/product-image/file/large_78a00c3d-951c-4d64-886f-5ac061d28111.png

Will Hunting
08-31-2019, 06:34 AM

The cheesy Gordita crunch is heaven :lol

Thread
08-31-2019, 07:20 AM
Was at the grocery store last night and didn't know they still made these. Had to grab a box. They'll likely stay in the freezer forever but you never know.

https://d2lnr5mha7bycj.cloudfront.net/product-image/file/large_78a00c3d-951c-4d64-886f-5ac061d28111.png

Now I gotta have 'umm!

SpursforSix
08-31-2019, 11:18 AM
Now I gotta have 'umm!

Someone knows.

Chucho
08-31-2019, 01:37 PM

I remember trying those thinking it'd be a half decent substitute for a real philly...never found a microwaveable food that needed so much salt.

koriwhat
08-31-2019, 02:54 PM
i have that shitty gluten allergy and starbucks makes some killer gluten free rice crispy treats. i'm trying to kick sugar nowadays but damn it's hard to do.

Thread
08-31-2019, 04:15 PM
I remember trying those thinking it'd be a half decent substitute for a real philly...never found a microwaveable food that needed so much salt.

I journeyed up & purchased mine an hour ago. Luckily I found 'em on sale for $3.99 a box down from $5.99. Got 2 boxes & will attempt it this evening.

I'm nervous all ready with the anticipation.

Spurminator
08-31-2019, 05:46 PM

It's a double whammy for me, I liked to get double decker tacos with the Doritos shell, now they're both gone. But they kept the crunch wrap so that's good.

SpursforSix
08-31-2019, 07:36 PM
It's a double whammy for me, I liked to get double decker tacos with the Doritos shell, now they're both gone. But they kept the crunch wrap so that's good.

Wait...what...they got rid of Double Deckers?

BD24
08-31-2019, 10:05 PM
Thank Christ they kept the crunch wrap. That’s a drunk go to of mine

Millennial_Messiah
08-31-2019, 10:39 PM
I had a thing for Doritos Locos tacos the second semester of my first year year UNT. Spring '14

Xevious
09-01-2019, 05:35 AM
I like yogurt alot, but have you guys had this shit?

https://www.ouibyyoplait.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/Vanilla-Yoplait-Oui-460x460.png

It's so creamy and delicious... if it wasn't so fucking expensive I'd never need ice cream. Seriously I could eat a four pack in one sitting. No way it's healthy.

Will Hunting
09-01-2019, 09:11 AM
Thank Christ they kept the crunch wrap. That’s a drunk go to of mine
:lol the Crunchwrap and the Cheesy Gordita Crunch are the two staples they better never get rid of.

Errol Flynn
10-13-2019, 02:21 PM

I liked them. They were the only reason I went to Taco Bell, tbh.

batman2883
10-13-2019, 06:48 PM
hot n spicy from mcdonalds with cheese

SpursforSix
10-14-2019, 12:57 PM

Just noticed these still unopened after almost 2 months. Ended up throwing them away.

jbuenavides
10-14-2019, 07:47 PM
https://i.postimg.cc/XJpNkr4d/Nachos.jpg (https://postimages.org/)

I feel sorry for my dog as he watch me eat this, I did give him some dog bones (https://www.petstreetmall.com/DogBones.aspx) though.