PDA

View Full Version : :lmao Politico :lmao

Spurtacular
08-22-2019, 03:37 PM
:lmao That headline on an obvious joke.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-says-he-wanted-to-give-himself-medal-of-honor/ar-AAG8n7f?ocid=spartanntp

spurraider21
08-22-2019, 04:09 PM
“Thank you, Woody. You’re looking good, Woody. Woody’s looking good,” Trump said.

“That was a big day, Medal of Honor. Nothing like the Medal of Honor,” he continued. “I wanted one, but they told me I don't qualify, Woody. I said, 'Can I give it to myself anyway?' They said, 'I don't think that's a good idea.'”

Thread
08-22-2019, 04:11 PM
“Thank you, Woody. You’re looking good, Woody. Woody’s looking good,” Trump said.

“That was a big day, Medal of Honor. Nothing like the Medal of Honor,” he continued. “I wanted one, but they told me I don't qualify, Woody. I said, 'Can I give it to myself anyway?' They said, 'I don't think that's a good idea.'”

He's just trying to get under his enemy's skin. They shouldn't let him.

spurraider21
08-22-2019, 04:14 PM
He's just trying to get under his enemy's skin. They shouldn't let him.
that shouldn't be his job or ambition as president

but it is. good for us!

Pavlov
08-22-2019, 04:20 PM
“The members of our armed forcef I, and you understand that very well - the members of our armed forcer have always lived by the word of Douglas Magarth: ‘In war, there is no substitute for victory’."

Sounding like a stroke victim to pwn the Dems!

Spurtacular
08-22-2019, 07:17 PM
Trump has other options to stroke himself off, though.

https://images.theconversation.com/files/246037/original/file-20181116-194494-jv7gem.jpg?ixlib=rb-1.1.0&q=45&auto=format&w=1000&fit=clip

Thread
08-22-2019, 09:22 PM

but it is. good for us!

"They drew first blood."

DMC
08-22-2019, 11:34 PM

but it is. good for us!

Says who?

Winehole23
08-22-2019, 11:36 PM
Says who?someone with a determinate opinion on a discussion board, you probably wouldn't understand.

Spurtacular
08-22-2019, 11:44 PM
https://media1.giphy.com/media/OxrsNMDjPKlPO/source.gif

spurraider21
08-23-2019, 01:16 AM
Says who?

someone with a determinate opinion on a discussion board, you probably wouldn't understand.
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/BaggyScrawnyArawana-size_restricted.gif

DMC
08-23-2019, 09:35 AM
someone with a determinate opinion on a discussion board, you probably wouldn't understand.

lol Philo expressing an opinion? You can bet it has an escape hatch/hedge.

DMC
08-23-2019, 09:36 AM
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/BaggyScrawnyArawana-size_restricted.gif

:lol "determinate" ^

Winehole23
08-23-2019, 09:39 AM
lol Philo expressing an opinion? You can bet it has an escape hatch/hedge.God forbid an opinion should ever be qualified.

DMC
08-23-2019, 09:44 AM
God forbid an opinion should ever be qualified.

Sounds like a lawyer talking

Winehole23
08-23-2019, 09:51 AM
Sounds like a lawyer talking Just sounding like a lawyer is deplorable. So true.

You'd have to be some kind of shyster to hedge your take or add conditions, this is literally not done on discussion boards.

Spurtacular
08-23-2019, 09:52 AM
:lol "determinate" ^

:lol Failed one-upping.

DMC
08-23-2019, 09:54 AM
Just sounding like a lawyer is deplorable. So true.

You'd have to be some kind of shyster to hedge your take or add conditions, this is literally not done on discussion boards.

Shyster? Nah. If you cannot even express an opinion without needing plausible deniability, you're in the wrong arena. Philo didn't make a prediction or act as a consultant. He gave an "ought to" statement that could easily branch out to either ethics, morals or legality. He didn't specify so that's his escape hatch.

Spurtacular
08-23-2019, 10:00 AM
Shyster? Nah. If you cannot even express an opinion without needing plausible deniability, you're in the wrong arena. Philo didn't make a prediction or act as a consultant. He gave an "ought to" statement that could easily branch out to either ethics, morals or legality. He didn't specify so that's his escape hatch.

He was just having a cry. Certainly, his half white god wasn't devoid of that "ambition".

Winehole23
08-23-2019, 10:06 AM
Shyster? Nah. If you cannot even express an opinion without needing plausible deniability, you're in the wrong arena. Philo didn't make a prediction or act as a consultant. He gave an "ought to" statement that could easily branch out to either ethics, morals or legality. He didn't specify so that's his escape hatch.Not sure I follow you.

Do you think it's disreputable to have opinions that are qualified or that require some explanation? Are simple opinions, stated briefly and without shading, somehow more correct or more respectable?

spurraider21
08-23-2019, 12:23 PM
DMC quoted and responded to my unqualified opinion. now claims i dont have an unqualified opinion.

derpmc

Pavlov
08-23-2019, 12:28 PM
I just have to assume he's drunk all the time. Everything falls into place.

DMC
08-23-2019, 03:14 PM
Not sure I follow you.

Do you think it's disreputable to have opinions that are qualified or that require some explanation? Are simple opinions, stated briefly and without shading, somehow more correct or more respectable?

If you know Philo you already know the answer. If you don't, me telling you won't get you there.

DMC
08-23-2019, 03:16 PM
DMC quoted and responded to my unqualified opinion. now claims i dont have an unqualified opinion.

derpmc

I asked you "says who" and you didn't respond. That told me what you thought of your own comment. You were too busy looking for a exit door, and hoping someone came along to rescue you.

DMC
08-23-2019, 03:17 PM
I just have to assume he's drunk all the time. Everything falls into place.

This isn't about your boyfriend and your sex life.

Pavlov
08-23-2019, 03:19 PM
This isn't about your boyfriend and your sex life.See? It works. Angry drunk DMC is going full Frank Fitts this afternoon.

spurraider21
08-23-2019, 03:25 PM
I asked you "says who" and you didn't respond. That told me what you thought of your own comment. You were too busy looking for a exit door, and hoping someone came along to rescue you.
a) says me. it was my take that those aren't his duties. that wasn't ambiguous
b) the constitution says so as well

Spurtacular
08-23-2019, 06:32 PM

Then obviously Trump should've steered clear.

lol Philo Lite

DMC
08-24-2019, 12:37 PM
See? It works. Angry drunk DMC is going full Frank Fitts this afternoon.

:lol "drunk"

A 12 pack lasts me 3 months

More projecting from the "entity".

DMC
08-24-2019, 12:38 PM

A) Duties are matter of fact - not opinion based
B) impeach him then

Pavlov
08-24-2019, 12:42 PM
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/BossyUnsungIchneumonfly-size_restricted.gif

More projecting from the "entity".Works with every post from you tbh.

Pavlov
08-24-2019, 12:43 PM
https://erikbuys.files.wordpress.com/2013/09/frank-fitts-sad-old-man.jpg

B) impeach him then

Spurtacular
08-24-2019, 05:02 PM
DMC brings out Chump's daddy issues, tbh.

Pavlov
08-24-2019, 05:09 PM
DMC brings DMC out of the closet.

Derp brings out his kneepads.

Spurtacular
08-24-2019, 05:26 PM
Daddy and Maestro of Chump

Pavlov
08-24-2019, 05:31 PM
https://media1.tenor.com/images/16fd234da55dd3314211cb4b9fb59c0c/tenor.gif

Spurtacular
08-24-2019, 05:33 PM
:lmao Chump's daddy issues :lmao

spurraider21
08-24-2019, 05:35 PM
B) impeach him then
First you complain about my lack of opinion on the subject and then you say its not subject to an opinion

Pavlov
08-24-2019, 05:42 PM
:lmao Chump's daddy issues :lmao:lmao Derp wants DMC to be his daddy :lmao

Spurtacular
08-24-2019, 05:45 PM
:lmao Derp wants DMC to be his daddy :lmao

I watch you shrivel at the mention of him. :lol

Pavlov
08-24-2019, 05:46 PM
https://media1.tenor.com/images/16fd234da55dd3314211cb4b9fb59c0c/tenor.gif

Spurtacular
08-24-2019, 05:47 PM
^^^

In case we missed it the first time.

Pavlov
08-24-2019, 05:50 PM
^^^

In case we missed it the first time.Have you ever repeated yourself, derp?

Spurtacular
08-24-2019, 05:51 PM
Have you ever repeated yourself, derp?

Yea, let's make it about me. :tu

Pavlov
08-24-2019, 05:56 PM
Yea, let's make it about me. :tuAre you making it about me?

Spurtacular
08-24-2019, 06:00 PM
Are you making it about me?

It's your double posting, Einstein.

Pavlov
08-24-2019, 06:09 PM
It's your double posting, Einstein.Do you not approve of someone who repeats himself?

Spurtacular
08-24-2019, 06:32 PM
Do you not approve of someone who repeats himself?

Did I need to use the blue font?

Pavlov
08-24-2019, 06:34 PM
Did I need to use the blue font?So you're OK with someone's repeating himself?

Why say anything in that case?

Spurtacular
08-24-2019, 06:41 PM
So you're OK with someone's repeating himself?

Why say anything in that case?

Chump trying to make this a matter of what I'll sanction, cos he doesn't want to stand by his tactics.

:rollin

Pavlov
08-24-2019, 06:43 PM
Chump trying to make this a matter of what I'll sanction, cos he doesn't want to stand by his tactics.

:rollinderp folds

Spurtacular
08-24-2019, 06:45 PM
derp folds

Chump stands down.

Par.

Pavlov
08-24-2019, 06:48 PM
Chump stands down.

Par.:lmao now you're copying my words because you already folded.

Damn derp -- what are you even talking about now?:lol

Spurtacular
08-24-2019, 06:50 PM
:lmao now you're copying my words because you already folded.

Damn derp -- what are you even talking about now?:lol

Troglodyte Chump Mode activated.

Pavlov
08-24-2019, 06:51 PM
Troglodyte Chump Mode activated.derp steals yet another poster's words

derp folds

Good talk.

Stay down.

Winehole23
08-24-2019, 07:59 PM
First you complain about my lack of opinion on the subject and then you say its not subject to an opinionIt probably doesn't matter what you say, mere discussion irks DMC. Real men do stuff, prissy epigones discuss.

Spurtacular
08-24-2019, 08:00 PM
It probably doesn't matter what you say, mere discussion irks DMC. Real men do stuff, prissy epigones discuss.

So, DMC bullies you?

Winehole23
08-24-2019, 08:05 PM
So, DMC bullies you?Naw, he's just grumpy. Kinda like you.

Spurtacular
08-24-2019, 08:11 PM
Naw, he's just grumpy. Kinda like you.

So, you're mad that he doesn't properly discuss matters with you?

Winehole23
08-24-2019, 08:25 PM
So, you're mad that he doesn't properly discuss matters with you?Nope. Not feeling deprived or disappointed at all.

It hardly matters to me whether DMC responds to me or not, but I do find it amusing he spends so much time talking online about how other posters are ridiculous for talking about stuff online.

Old folks grumping on bulletin boards about how it's silly to post stuff online is one of the most hackneyed bulletin board tropes

It's boring.

DMC
08-24-2019, 10:31 PM
https://media3.giphy.com/media/2YaLFRitQAUZFmA86V/giphy.gif

:lol

DMC
08-24-2019, 10:34 PM
It probably doesn't matter what you say, mere discussion irks DMC. Real men do stuff, prissy epigones discuss.

"discuss" :lol

You don't discuss, you bitch. What have you changed your mind about in the past 11 years you've been posting on this forum, due to something you read? Everyone has a "my opinion" flyer to hand out while also having a "no soliciting" sign on their forehead. Echo chamber shit posting isn't a discussion.

DMC
08-24-2019, 10:36 PM
Nope. Not feeling deprived or disappointed at all.

It hardly matters to me whether DMC responds to me or not, but I do find it amusing he spends so much time talking online about how other posters are ridiculous for talking about stuff online.

Old folks grumping on bulletin boards about how it's silly to post stuff online is one of the most hackneyed bulletin board tropes

It's boring.
I don't think it's wrong to talk about stuff online. I think it's stupid to bitch about shit you don't plan on doing anything about.

DMC
08-24-2019, 10:38 PM
First you complain about my lack of opinion on the subject and then you say its not subject to an opinion

No, I said you never said it was an opinion, you left yourself an escape hatch to go many different ways if called on it. Not surprising then that you bitch about my method instead of addressing the point.

spurraider21
08-24-2019, 10:44 PM
No, I said you never said it was an opinion, you left yourself an escape hatch to go many different ways if called on it. Not surprising then that you bitch about my method instead of addressing the point.
i did. i said it was both my opinion and something found in the constitution. you're floundering.

maybe have some coffee, take a cold shower.

DMC
08-24-2019, 11:03 PM
i did. i said it was both my opinion and something found in the constitution. you're floundering.

maybe have some coffee, take a cold shower.

You only said that after I called you out for hedging. Don't try to deny it.

Besides, your opinion being in the constitution is a big deal. You should be proud.

Winehole23
08-25-2019, 12:58 AM
"discuss" :lol

You don't discuss, you bitch. What have you changed your mind about in the past 11 years you've been posting on this forum, due to something you read? Bitching and discussion aren't mutually exclusive and if, for you, the possibility of changing one's mind is the distinguishing feature of discussion, others take whatever they may from it. I've learned a good bit from other posters and another good bit replying to them. I get something out of it. I think thrashing things out on a message board is a useful way to figure out what one thinks, what others think, and whether any of it is worth hanging onto. YMMV.

Ome of the main things I've learned from the long habit of posting here is that disagreement and petty spite -- amusing though they may be -- are a bore. It's far more interesting to coax and tend agreement. I try to do that as much as I can.

To answer your question, I doubt I could put my finger on a single post or thread that changed my mind, but during my time here my views about myself and other posters have changed a lot. Eleven years ago I voted for Ron Paul, considered myself libertarian and temperamentally a man somewhat to the right. That description wouldn't be accurate today. I'm less doctrinaire in general, less conservative, and less convinced than ever that my own opinion is right just because I hold it. Frequent posting and interaction here have changed my mind and my attitude over time, no doubt about it.

Everyone has a "my opinion" flyer to hand out while also having a "no soliciting" sign on their forehead. Echo chamber shit posting isn't a discussion.People chat here plenty, but don't sprain your wrist patting yourself on the back for bitching about all the bitching.:lol

Winehole23
08-25-2019, 01:00 AM
I don't think it's wrong to talk about stuff online. I think it's stupid to bitch about shit you don't plan on doing anything about.Why?

DMC
08-25-2019, 10:51 AM
Why?

Complaining is akin to saying "I want things to be that way instead of this way". If you don't take action to get what you want, you're hoping someone else will. That's you admitting action matters, but your lack of action for your own cause means you're too stupid to connect the dots. I could say "lazy" but that would mean your level of concern about the thing you're bitching about isn't high enough to move you. Maybe, at the onset, set the tone by explaining that you aren't personally concerned enough to change anything you do. Then you'd be addressing it from a clinical POV as a remote viewer and a dialogue could be established.

Blake
08-25-2019, 10:55 AM
Complaining is akin to saying "I want things to be that way instead of this way". If you don't take action to get what you want, you're hoping someone else will. That's you admitting action matters, but your lack of action for your own cause means you're too stupid to connect the dots. I could say "lazy" but that would mean your level of concern about the thing you're bitching about isn't high enough to move you. Maybe, at the onset, set the tone by explaining that you aren't personally concerned enough to change anything you do. Then you'd b addressed it from a clinical POV, remote viewer and a dialogue could be established.

K, what does dmc do when he wants laws or public policy to be a certain way instead of the way they are?

DMC
08-25-2019, 11:02 AM
Bitching and discussion aren't mutually exclusive and if, for you, the possibility of changing one's mind is the distinguishing feature of discussion, others take whatever they may from it. I've learned a good bit from other posters and another good bit replying to them. I get something out of it. I think thrashing things out on a message board is a useful way to figure out what one thinks, what others think, and whether any of it is worth hanging onto. YMMV.

Ome of the main things I've learned from the long habit of posting here is that disagreement and petty spite -- amusing though they may be -- are a bore. It's far more interesting to coax and tend agreement. I try to do that as much as I can.

To answer your question, I doubt I could put my finger on a single post or thread that changed my mind, but during my time here my views about myself and other posters have changed a lot. Eleven years ago I voted for Ron Paul, considered myself libertarian and temperamentally a man somewhat to the right. That description wouldn't be accurate today. I'm less doctrinaire in general, less conservative, and less convinced than ever that my own opinion is right just because I hold it. Frequent posting and interaction here have changed my mind and my attitude over time, no doubt about it.

People chat here plenty, but don't sprain your wrist patting yourself on the back for bitching about all the bitching.:lol

It's not uncommon to shift your political world view over the span of 13 years. Since you cannot find anything that actually changed your mind, I'd say your evolution was more about your personal life experiences and observations than anything that happens here, but it's your viewpoint.

I don't bitch about bitching. I only comment about toothless bitching. If someone has a legit beef and they are doing something about it, I might disagree with them but at least I know they are moving toward their goal and they mean it. Otherwise, we all know each others political leanings. We won't change it. We know who's going to cheer and who's going to boo for which party with a few stragglers thrown in for the sake of neutrality and pragmatism. Is it really a surprise to you how folks here respond?

DMC
08-25-2019, 11:03 AM
K, what does dmc do when he wants laws or public policy to be a certain way instead of the way they are?

Be more specific. What policy have I complained about that you think I would like to see changed, and I will tell you what I have done about it.

Blake
08-25-2019, 11:06 AM
Be more specific. What policy have I complained about that you think I would like to see changed, and I will tell you what I have done about it.

I don't know. Do you not have any complaints about any laws?

Pavlov
08-25-2019, 11:06 AM
The filibuster begins.

DMC
08-25-2019, 11:08 AM
I don't know. Do you not have any complaints about any laws?

None that come to mind.

Blake
08-25-2019, 11:17 AM
None that come to mind.

Wow dmc lives in a political Utopia.

DMC
08-25-2019, 11:24 AM
Wow dmc lives in a political Utopia.

No. I feel like much of my circumstances are my own doing, good or bad. The laws that exist around me might create some undesirable boundaries, but they don't move the needle relative to my own actions or lack thereof.

So it's about two basic things:

1. Does it affect me?
2. Can I do anything about it if I tried?

I don't worry much about things I cannot do anything about. Comments or acts in protest might make me feel better, but they don't change the landscape.

Blake
08-25-2019, 11:35 AM
Wow there are literally no laws for dmc to complain about because there are none that meet his basic criteria for complaining.

No wonder he prefers to spend much more time here discussing posters rather than topics.

Pavlov
08-25-2019, 11:37 AM
Wow there are literally no laws for dmc to complain about because there are none that meet his basic criteria for complaining.

No wonder he prefers to spend much more time here discussing posters rather than topics.WHY WOULD ANYONE TALK ABOUT POLITICS IN A POLITICAL FORUM?

Winehole23
08-25-2019, 03:13 PM
I don't bitch about bitching. I only comment about toothless bitching. If someone has a legit beef and they are doing something about it, I might disagree with them but at least I know they are moving toward their goal and they mean it.
THE GODS HELP THOSE WHO HELP THEMSELVES
-- ancient motto of avuncular peevishness

It's hard to me to see how you don't end up in the very same ditch as those you scold: bitching without any evident means of solving the problem besides exhortation.

Assuming the point of complaining on message boards is to solve problems or change minds excludes a lot of things.

To wit, proposing accurate and complete descriptions of the problems is useful for understanding, period; that striving and contending with others hones one's own POV and helps one understand the dimensions of resistance to that POV; and that toward these ends a healthy ration of ibellyaching, idle chit-chat and spitballing might be conducive -- as well enjoyable and/or relieving as such.

I doubt it matters whether toothless bitching solves the problems it proposes or does not, it clearly annoys you that that's what people do on message boards. IMO that's more your ideosyncrasy than any failing of others. In an area as intractable to individual solutions as public policy, a large amount of what seems like pointless complaining is entirely to be expected

DMC
08-25-2019, 05:31 PM
THE GODS HELP THOSE WHO HELP THEMSELVES
-- ancient motto of avuncular peevishness

It's hard to me to see how you don't end up in the very same ditch as those you scold: bitching without any evident means of solving the problem besides exhortation.

Except you're reading what I write. Those you are bitching about couldn't care less about you, will never read what you write. So if I am bitching about you, it's getting to you. Your bitching is going nowhere.

Assuming the point of complaining on message boards is to solve problems or change minds excludes a lot of things.

I said already, just set the tone early that you aren't interested in solving the issue, only in venting your spleen on the forum. That will allow anyone else reading the space they need to disregard it instead of responding with something they feel could be helpful. Remember, it's not about the nail.

To wit, proposing accurate and complete descriptions of the problems is useful for understanding, period; that striving and contending with others hones one's own POV and helps one understand the dimensions of resistance to that POV; and that toward these ends a healthy ration of ibellyaching, idle chit-chat and spitballing might be conducive -- as well enjoyable and/or relieving as such.

It's not about the nail.

I doubt it matters whether toothless bitching solves the problems it proposes or does not, it clearly annoys you that that's what people do on message boards. IMO that's more your ideosyncrasy than any failing of others. In an area as intractable to individual solutions as public policy, a large amount of what seems like pointless complaining is entirely to be expected
Of course it's to be expected. What are you trying to explain anyhow? Say something I don't already know but use fewer words.

Th'Pusher
08-25-2019, 05:43 PM

More projecting from the "entity".

You should by six packs. Or singles. Beer isn’t particularly shelf stable

DMC
08-25-2019, 05:57 PM
You should by six packs. Or singles. Beer isn’t particularly shelf stable

I put lime in it anyhow, it all tastes like piss otherwise (except Stout)

Winehole23
08-26-2019, 01:42 AM
Except you're reading what I write. Those you are bitching about couldn't care less about you, will never read what you write. So if I am bitching about you, it's getting to you. Your bitching is going nowhere.

I said already, just set the tone early that you aren't interested in solving the issue, only in venting your spleen on the forum. That will allow anyone else reading the space they need to disregard it instead of responding with something they feel could be helpful. Remember, it's not about the nail.

It's not about the nail.

Of course it's to be expected. What are you trying to explain anyhow? Say something I don't already know but use fewer words.Use fewer words?

I thought you asked for clinical discussion and why posting here matters to me

Seems that doesn't really interest you.

No matter, it may interest others, or not. Seemed worth a try, that you were unwilling to engage reflects more on you than me. You ignored most of what I said.