PDA

View Full Version : 2005-2006 Season: A Toast...

spurschick
11-01-2005, 07:31 AM
To Michael Finley and Nick Van Exel... they saw the light and walked towards it.

To Tony and Manu. All-Star Games, trophies, rings, magazine covers, commercials... their stock has risen, but they both have never forgotten that it begins and ends with Timmy.

To Brent Barry. He kept his sense of humor, and then some.

To Bruce Bowen. He gets it.

To the Argentine Mafia and the Church of Manu, who would walk through fire for their patron saint, even when he commits 6 turnovers. (If the forum ever gets slow, just start a thread that says "Manu is white" or "Trade Manu". They won't disappoint.)

To the Rasho worshippers who insist that he is a good-looking man (bless their hearts).

To the fans in the upper decks of the SBC Center who never, EVER, stop.

To the fans in San Antonio who religiously watch every game on tv and swear they could coach better than Pop.

To the fans across the country and the world. For desperately searching for their favorite player's jersey online. For buying NBA League Pass to watch the Spurs, even though they can't afford it. For staying up all hours of the night because the game doesn't start til 3am in their country, but they only get a few games televised during the year.

To the fans of Spurstalk. To the doubters, the non-believers and those who need to be talked down from the ledge. And to the homers who live on blind faith. To the people who start the "Fire Pop/Trade Timmy" threads after the first two games (sometimes even during the pre-season). To those that come to the GTGs, and those who are there in spirit.

To the fans of other teams who are current forum members and to those who will join this season. May you find what you seek. Don't feed the trolls.

To the :princess and her beloved :king, for giving more than enough and putting up with more than they should.

To Manu's barber, enough said.

To Will Sevening and the Spurs training staff. You have your hands full.

To Pop and the coaching staff, for realizing that there is more to life than 4-down.

And finally, to the 2005-2006 San Antonio Spurs.
Timmy, Tony, Manu, Bruce, Nazr, Rasho, Beno, Michael, Robert, Nick, Fabri, Sean and Brent. And any new faces we may see.

Let's do it again.

Go Spurs Go.

Salud.

TDMVPDPOY
11-01-2005, 07:54 AM
parker allstar?? NO FREAKN WAY

Slomo
11-01-2005, 08:18 AM
To Michael Finley and Nick Van Exel... they saw the light and walked towards it.

To Tony and Manu. All-Star Games, trophies, rings, magazine covers, commercials... their stock has risen, but they both have never forgotten that it begins and ends with Timmy.

To the Argentine Mafia and the Church of Manu, who would walk through fire for their patron saint, even when he commits 6 turnovers. (If the forum ever gets slow, just start a thread that says "Manu is white" or "Trade Manu". They won't disappoint.)

To the Rasho worshippers who insist that he is a good-looking man (bless their hearts).

To the fans in San Antonio who religiously watch every game on tv and swear they could coach better than Pop.

To the fans across the country and the world. For desperately searching for their favorite player's jersey online. For buying NBA League Pass to watch the Spurs, even though they can't afford it. For staying up all hours of the night because the game doesn't start til 3am in their country, but they only get a few games televised during the year.

To the fans of Spurstalk. To the doubters, the non-believers and those who need to be talked down from the ledge. And to the homers who live on blind faith. To the people who start the "Fire Pop/Trade Timmy" threads after the first two games (sometimes even during the pre-season). To those that come to the GTGs, and those who are there in spirit.

To the fans of other teams who are current forum members and to those who will join this season. May you find what you seek. Don't feed the trolls.

To the :princess and her beloved :king, for giving more than enough and putting up with more than they should.

To Pop and the coaching staff, for realizing that there is more to life than 4-down.

Timmy, Tony, Manu, Bruce, Nazr, Rasho, Beno, Michael, Robert, Nick, Fabri, Sean and Brent. And any new faces we may see.

Let's do it again.

Go Spurs Go.

Salud. :tu I'll http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smidrunk.gif to that!

Na zdravje!

pache100
11-01-2005, 08:59 AM
Salud!

(Tony will be an All-Star someday...maybe not this season...but he will be an NBA All-Star)

JoeChalupa
11-01-2005, 09:04 AM
Go Spurs Go!

MaNuMaNiAc
11-01-2005, 09:05 AM
Amen sister!

angel_luv
11-01-2005, 09:06 AM
Beautiful Toast! Now break out the Slovenian Brandy. :D

spurs_fan_in_exile
11-01-2005, 09:08 AM
It may be 8 am, and I may be at work, but I'll still drink to that! :drunk

alamo50
11-01-2005, 09:13 AM
Nice one spurschick.
I raise my glass of dutch milk to that!

:smokin

Ishta
11-01-2005, 09:19 AM
Thank God it's here!

KEDA
11-01-2005, 09:47 AM
Beautiful Toast! Now break out the Slovenian Brandy. :D

Ughhhh

Mabye a shot of O J this early!

3rdCoast
11-01-2005, 09:49 AM
http://img367.imageshack.us/img367/2527/heat2k6nbachamps6iy.jpg

DisplacedSpursFan
11-01-2005, 10:05 AM
...and a toast to Photoshop. The only way the Miami Heat will win the 2006 NBA Championship.

lilmads
11-01-2005, 10:06 AM
...and a toast to Photoshop. The only way the Miami Heat will win the 2006 NBA Championship.

:lol

Go Spurs Go!:) The season's FINALLY here... May it be a great one!

nkdlunch
11-01-2005, 10:18 AM
An official toast tonight when we kill the getz

Ginofan
11-01-2005, 10:19 AM
Nice on Melissa, my coke zero will have to do for this toast though.

Summers
11-01-2005, 10:24 AM
Salud! I'm rocking Club 200 tonight, baby!!

1Parker1
11-01-2005, 10:29 AM

To the Argentine Mafia and the Church of Manu, who would walk through fire for their patron saint, even when he commits 6 turnovers. (If the forum ever gets slow, just start a thread that says "Manu is white" or "Trade Manu". They won't disappoint.) :lmao

To the Rasho worshippers who insist that he is a good-looking man (bless their hearts). :lmao :lmao

Let's do it again.

Go Spurs Go.

Salud.

Awesome Post Spurschick! Salud!

Oh, Gee!!
11-01-2005, 10:33 AM
Go Spurs Go!

WOOO-HOOO!!!!

I can't wait till tonite.

spurs_fan_in_exile
11-01-2005, 10:34 AM
http://img367.imageshack.us/img367/2527/heat2k6nbachamps6iy.jpg

What's with J-Will in this pic? He looks all paranoid and distracted, like a kid I knew in high school who came to class stoned one time.
I can only assume that the championship referred to is for some kind of fishing tournament held during the NBA finals for the teams that were already eliminated. So I'll applaud you txcoast, for making such a bold prediction this early in the year. There are a lot of good fishermen out there, but you believe in your team. Good for you.

pache100
11-01-2005, 10:49 AM

Shaq looks like a little girl.

(Sorry, I know that's an insult to little girls everywhere... :spin )

3rdCoast
11-01-2005, 10:50 AM
when was the last time yall saw a black man fishing?

that is the most stupid thing tools say during the playoffs.

ohohohoh they lost so now all of a sudden they are gonna go fishing.

pache100
11-01-2005, 10:52 AM
when was the last time yall saw a black man fishing?

that is the most stupid thing tools say during the playoffs.

ohohohoh they lost so now all of a sudden they are gonna go fishing.

Um...Sunday? Black people fish all the time. It's just a joke (started by a black man...Charles Barkley, I believe). Lighten up.

Oh, Gee!!
11-01-2005, 10:52 AM
White Chocolate will never win a ring.

Extra Stout
11-01-2005, 10:58 AM
when was the last time yall saw a black man fishing?The last time I was out on a body of water, actually.

You are aware that not all black people live in central urban areas, right?

3rdCoast
11-01-2005, 11:01 AM
The last time I was out on a body of water, actually.

You are aware that not all black people live in central urban areas, right?

You are aware that Miami is going to win the NBA TITLE this season, right?

ShoogarBear
11-01-2005, 11:09 AM
Hey, 3rdcoast, you can put your photo in the same folder with this one:

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/media/photo/2005-08/19106436.jpg

spurs_fan_in_exile
11-01-2005, 11:12 AM
Black people don't fish, and the Heat are going to win the championship. Such dizzying wisdom. But you're probably right about the Heat not wanting to go fishing. If they went over board they'd all sink with a bunch of disasters like J-Will, Walker, and Shaq's big toe weighing them down.

pache100
11-01-2005, 11:14 AM
You are aware that Miami is going to win the NBA TITLE this season, right?

With that little girl?

Extra Stout
11-01-2005, 11:15 AM
You are aware that Miami is going to win the NBA TITLE this season, right?Only if you shoot Tim Duncan dead.

Oh, you'll have to kill Jermaine O'Neal, Ron Artest, Ben Wallace, and Rasheed Wallace too.

While you're at it, kill White Chocolate and 'Toine. That also will help your chances. They can't take wild 35-footers with 20 seconds on the shot clock in crucial situations if they are dead.

spurs_fan_in_exile
11-01-2005, 11:17 AM
Only if you shoot Tim Duncan dead.

Oh, you'll have to kill Jermaine O'Neal, Ron Artest, Ben Wallace, and Rasheed Wallace too.

While you're at it, kill White Chocolate and 'Toine. That also will help your chances. They can't take wild 35-footers with 20 seconds on the shot clock in crucial situations if they are dead.

And donate a healthy everything to Shaq while you're at it.

samikeyp
11-01-2005, 11:30 AM
Nice on Melissa, my coke zero will have to do for this toast though.

Being a Texan....ice tea for me. :)

coopdogg3
11-01-2005, 11:54 AM
To be more specific - sweat tea.

coopdogg3

samikeyp
11-01-2005, 12:01 PM
actually I prefer unsweet but that is just me. :)

easjer
11-01-2005, 12:03 PM
Cheers!

Thanks Spurschick!

T Park
11-01-2005, 12:12 PM
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/media/photo/2005-08/19106436.jpg

Damn.

3rdcoast just got OWNED.

SequSpur
11-01-2005, 12:56 PM
Great Toast!

I am down with that.

F in A!

Carie
11-01-2005, 02:32 PM
Wonderful toast, here here!

GO SPURS GO

caŽlo
11-01-2005, 02:40 PM
Great Toast!!!

Salud Everyone!!!

Kori Ellis
11-01-2005, 02:48 PM
Great post, SC. Good job!

MannyIsGod
11-01-2005, 02:50 PM
Wheres the Pear Brandy when you need it?

slayermin
11-01-2005, 05:36 PM
Great post by SpursChick.

The emotional roller coaster we Spurs Fans have ridden since '99 has to be the most tumultuous of any sports franchise in the history of the world. We have experienced the highest of the highs and the lowest of the lows.

Props to all the hardcore Spurs Fans that lived and died with this team during this incredible run. I know that I will remember the memories, good and bad, for the rest of my life.

ALVAREZ6
11-01-2005, 05:39 PM
I can't wait.

FINALLY!!!

Unfortunately, I have bball practice during the game...

sa_butta
11-01-2005, 05:45 PM
Wheres the Pear Brandy when you need it?
Mouse killed it.

clooneyschick04
11-01-2005, 06:00 PM
Great post SpursChick!!

I'm SO ready! Salud!! :o)

Manu'sMagicalLeftHand
11-01-2005, 06:17 PM
:drunk

Salud! Cheers! Great post! :tu

Go Spurs Go! :elephant