PDA

View Full Version : [Video Breakdown] How Pop was out-coached in USA's Loss to Australia

spursparker9
08-24-2019, 10:46 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOTD-9bNkno

RD2191
08-24-2019, 11:19 PM
:lol

MultiTroll
08-24-2019, 11:38 PM
Super low BBIQ final minute plays.

How could that be. :pop::drunk

ducks
08-24-2019, 11:43 PM
Trump could out coach him at basketball

TimmyBuckets
08-24-2019, 11:54 PM
Cue the fireworks for half of ST

TDMVPDPOY
08-25-2019, 12:17 AM
pop not over himself

paperboy77
08-25-2019, 12:31 AM
Kinda feel bad for Pop. I shouldn't because I hate his BS politics but still. He's our teams #1 and I feel bad when these punk ass millennial bitch players don't give a shit about USA. (Most of these fools will be forgotten n the annals of US Basketball history.) I guess Go World Go! Punk ass USA divas!

spursparker9
08-25-2019, 01:00 AM
:lol The last play with the foul or not to foul is a replica of Game 7 vs Denver in the playoffs

Spurtacular
08-25-2019, 06:10 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOTD-9bNkno

What's with the NBA Jam camera angle though?

Allan Rowe vs Wade
08-25-2019, 06:44 AM
What's with the NBA Jam camera angle though?

bc mills was on fire tbh

TimDunkem
08-25-2019, 08:36 AM
Pop being exposed without the big 3 per par.

Ibleedslvrnblk
08-25-2019, 09:08 AM
Playing in front of 53k fans helps. Obvious differences the Australians O is more fluid and they play real defense...

KobesAchilles
08-25-2019, 09:42 AM
Am I the only one pissed off that Mills actually played a great game in fucking FIBA but he can’t do it in the playoffs? Like I don’t want to see this 30 point bullshit when this bitch scored like 5 points in game 7

Dex
08-25-2019, 10:43 AM
Am I the only one pissed off that Mills actually played a great game in fucking FIBA but he can’t do it in the playoffs? Like I don’t want to see this 30 point bullshit when this bitch scored like 5 points in game 7

Mills doesn't put up 22 attempts in an NBA game, and Spurs fans would be calling for his head if he did even if he put up 30 points.

RC_Drunkford
08-25-2019, 10:46 AM
nothing to see here. Pop been getting outcoached by rookie coaches ever since 2015. Maybe people will finally realize. Also Patty Mills can't even score 30 in a regular season game but does it against team USA:spin

MultiTroll
08-25-2019, 11:21 AM
Mills doesn't put up 22 attempts in an NBA game, and Spurs fans would be calling for his head if he did even if he put up 30 points.
No we'd be fine with his scoring 30 on 60% true shooting like he did for Australia.
Vs the 25% in the Denver series. :rolleyes

Mills only shot 15 or more attempts in 3 games last Spurs season. He was predictably pretty shitty like 35%.

KobesAchilles
08-25-2019, 04:07 PM
The dude shot 13% from 3 in the playoffs vs Denver and no that isn’t a typo. He shot 32% overall from the field. The guy can only dream of scoring 30 in a playoff game. But a worthless mean nothing FIBA game he dominates.
worst part is this will be part of the reason why we play him over Lonnie to start the season

:pop: I know he hasn’t made a field goal and has given up 22 points, BUT did you see the way he played in that one FIBA game against me. Just rolling with the odds. Sit ur ass down Lonnie

TimDunkem
08-25-2019, 04:38 PM
No we'd be fine with his scoring 30 on 60% true shooting like he did for Australia.
Vs the 25% in the Denver series. :rolleyes

Mills only shot 15 or more attempts in 3 games last Spurs season. He was predictably pretty shitty like 35%.

What are his playoff stats from 3 since the start pf the 2015-2016 season? Sad we can't expect him to put the same kind of effort for the team that funds his lifestyle.

therealtruth
08-25-2019, 04:57 PM
If Mills played more like that maybe his contract wouldn't be so bad.

dbestpro
08-25-2019, 05:27 PM
Age has caught up with Pop. He is pushing all the wrong buttons and is making good things happen more by accident than on purpose.

K...
08-25-2019, 05:44 PM
Age has caught up with Pop. He is pushing all the wrong buttons and is making good things happen more by accident than on purpose.

how would you coach these trash players? play kemba at all 5 positions?

MultiTroll
08-25-2019, 06:13 PM
how would you coach these trash players? play kemba at all 5 positions?
On basic switch / or fight thru screen decision like is learned in 14 year old youth basketball...would like to see Team USA have at least a semblance of a clue. Do they even practice this or is Pops determination to bond the team thru dinners and probably wine sessions more important? As to roster construction we certainly are not seeing the Every One Loves Pop myth. NBA playoff opponents are sure loving Pop. Coach K was able to get even Kobme Bryant on the team and to play defense? Perhaps that was just some marketing ploy by Kobme to grow his Chinese cultists. But something is way phucked up now and CIA Pop is running the ship. Says "I have been thinking about this (how to for and get team USA to play) every day for the last two years." Really? And this is the outcome so far? :rollin

tbdog
08-25-2019, 08:50 PM
People give Australia no credit. Yes, the USA team is pretty much gutted. Middleton, Walker, and Mitchell as their best 3 players wouldn't lead their teams in the west playoffs, and if they did, they'll sneak it. Australia has a pretty experience side, in fact, they have more NBA rings than team USA.

Play Boban
08-25-2019, 09:14 PM
Poop is anti-American.

Mr. Body
08-25-2019, 10:38 PM

NBA teams are waaaaay better than these national squads. The problem with the USA teams is that they never play together. They're going against well-drilled teams that can break open hot shooters and know each other. The Nuggets (or the Spurs) would have sawn these guys in half.

testies
08-26-2019, 02:08 AM
The dude shot 13% from 3 in the playoffs vs Denver and no that isn’t a typo. He shot 32% overall from the field. The guy can only dream of scoring 30 in a playoff game. But a worthless mean nothing FIBA game he dominates.
worst part is this will be part of the reason why we play him over Lonnie to start the season

:pop: I know he hasn’t made a field goal and has given up 22 points, BUT did you see the way he played in that one FIBA game against me. Just rolling with the odds. Sit ur ass down Lonnie

Patty has always been a beast in FIBA. I think the shorter 3 point line and the particular type of ball go well in his shooting form.

He was 2012 Olympics top scorer IIRC

99 Problems
08-26-2019, 04:26 AM
The Aussies are an excellent hit out going into the Cup. Full credit to them.
They threw away a medal at the last Olympics, but..... hang on Aussie fans, yer I know you were so disappointed but in reality as good as that squad was (Bronze or Silver) it was full of NBA role players. Moving forward the team will consist of NBA starters and that will be the difference maker tbh.

DMC
08-26-2019, 06:01 AM
Pop wanting the team to get over itself, threw that game.

Gagnrath
08-27-2019, 01:08 PM
FIBA rules and officiating have some nuances to them that make them a little bit more preferential to playing as a coordinated developed team over sheer displays of individual athleticism was that in the NBA courts for Showmanship. When you look at the international game rosters many of the top teams have teams of Fairley high level players that have been together for years since they were in middle school or high school age until their mid-30s historically the US has usually been able to dominate basically by playing the NBA All-Star team with some motivation to play defense. However the last few years the top players have been choosing to protect their livelihood over risking injury playing internationally for free. If you consider the talent levels of The rosters while the US team is top to bottom more talented then the average International Squad the golf is not where it was a decade ago and definitely not close to where it was 25 years ago. Add in that the rules are tilted 2 favor playing together and a team Sensibility and suddenly you have games where against the better International squads the US has to actually put together a real game instead of treating things like glorified scrimmages and exhibitions.

Coach X
08-28-2019, 07:16 AM
Beware of the coaching gurus.

Coach Nick is just a random coach with a lot of free time and enthusiasm, there is no reason to take his opinion as an indisputable fact. Heīs pretty good as Youtuber and entertainer, I follow him and he generates well presented, interesting contents. Itīs good to have coaches explaining the complexity of basketball mechanics, analyzing games through video and numbers instead of just feelings and prejudices. He does a good job about this.

Spreading basketball knowledge is always positive but there is a clear line between that and click-baiting disrispectful criticism. Any professional coach could have made a similar video showing just the oppossite to what he tried to demonstrate. Itīs all about the magic of video edition and where to put the focus on.

Two plumbers could make two different videos about the same project confronting opinions and I coulndīt find whoīs right. Same with two accountants or two Chefs. If theyīre good making videos Iīll probably enjoy watching them all and making my own opinion but I still wouldnīt have no idea about how much of what theyīre talking about is accurate or BS.

Returning to basketball, a coach that openly critizes other colleagues in such a vague and simplistic way shows lack of respect for them. Any coach with some REAL coaching experience knows that only the Coaching Staff of a team has the relevant information in order to assess the outcome of a game. Does anybody know what were the goals for that friendly game? In which segment of the preparation training plan is the team? What was the game plan? Who executed it well or not? How did the prior practices go? what was the phisycal condition of every player? etc. etc. There are dozens of relevant questions directly affecting a teamīs performance in a game. Out of that coaching office and the locker we donīt know anything. Journalist, insiders and analysts barely allow us to wath the tip of the iceberg. A COACH knows that very well and a COACH will never play this critizing game if he/she has any interest on being seriously considered for a good team or a good program.

Again, be careful with the coaching gurus, experts, etc. Their opinion is just as worth as anyone of us here.

Ed Helicopter Jones
08-28-2019, 10:10 AM
YouTube "experts" abound.

Seventyniner
08-28-2019, 11:13 AM

Coach Nick is just a random coach with a lot of free time and enthusiasm, there is no reason to take his opinion as an indisputable fact. Heīs pretty good as Youtuber and entertainer, I follow him and he generates well presented, interesting contents. Itīs good to have coaches explaining the complexity of basketball mechanics, analyzing games through video and numbers instead of just feelings and prejudices. He does a good job about this.

Spreading basketball knowledge is always positive but there is a clear line between that and click-baiting disrispectful criticism. Any professional coach could have made a similar video showing just the oppossite to what he tried to demonstrate. Itīs all about the magic of video edition and where to put the focus on.

Two plumbers could make two different videos about the same project confronting opinions and I coulndīt find whoīs right. Same with two accountants or two Chefs. If theyīre good making videos Iīll probably enjoy watching them all and making my own opinion but I still wouldnīt have no idea about how much of what theyīre talking about is accurate or BS.

Returning to basketball, a coach that openly critizes other colleagues in such a vague and simplistic way shows lack of respect for them. Any coach with some REAL coaching experience knows that only the Coaching Staff of a team has the relevant information in order to assess the outcome of a game. Does anybody know what were the goals for that friendly game? In which segment of the preparation training plan is the team? What was the game plan? Who executed it well or not? How did the prior practices go? what was the phisycal condition of every player? etc. etc. There are dozens of relevant questions directly affecting a teamīs performance in a game. Out of that coaching office and the locker we donīt know anything. Journalist, insiders and analysts barely allow us to wath the tip of the iceberg. A COACH knows that very well and a COACH will never play this critizing game if he/she has any interest on being seriously considered for a good team or a good program.

Again, be careful with the coaching gurus, experts, etc. Their opinion is just as worth as anyone of us here.

Damn. Nice post. :bobo

J_Paco
08-28-2019, 04:46 PM

Thank you, buddy.

Great post, man. He does a good job over exaggerating Pop's "impact" on those snippets (except the last 1:00 sequence). Players missing rotations and playing the incorrect defense (switching, going over/under pick - and - roll, etc.) has little to do with Pop being "outcoached."

Unsurprisingly, the tool bag "Coach Nick" (and I'm a fan of most of his content but not in this context) didn't have a follow video after their win against Canada. He should have used the video to analyze Pop's in - game strategy and X's & O's.

Not clickbaity shit that points out players being unfamiliar with each other (on defense), missing rotations, assignments and being late to help.

ECOV
08-28-2019, 04:56 PM
Keep crying

MultiTroll
08-28-2019, 06:57 PM
Lets celebrate the win over Canada! :cheer:pop::cheer

rastaspur
08-29-2019, 03:53 PM
Trump could out coach him at basketball

A barely functional, borderline retard would not make a good coach. So im going to have to disagree.

r0drig0lac
08-29-2019, 05:10 PM

Coach Nick is just a random coach with a lot of free time and enthusiasm, there is no reason to take his opinion as an indisputable fact.

/thread

daslicer
08-29-2019, 06:08 PM
A barely functional, borderline retard would not make a good coach. So im going to have to disagree.

One of the few positives of Trump being the coach is that Mills would no longer be on the roster due to Trump's anti immigration policy.

Chomag
08-29-2019, 06:22 PM
Come on y'all! It ain't so easy when you don't have TD to hide behind!

Play Boban
08-29-2019, 07:57 PM
Lets celebrate the win over Canada! :cheer:pop::cheer
A Canadian team with a roster with one NBA player (and he’s a scrub) :lmao

daslicer
08-29-2019, 08:46 PM
Come on y'all! It ain't so easy when you don't have TD to hide behind!

:lol Have to admit this is pretty funny.