PDA

View Full Version : T-Shirts from Ambercrombie & Fitch

JoeChalupa
11-01-2005, 08:38 AM
Or what ever the name of that store is.

Just saw some of the T-Shirts they sell for young girls.

Well, my girls will not be wearing none of that crap.

ObiwanGinobili
11-01-2005, 08:48 AM
i don't shop there. i am, anti-cool.

when I was in school my mother never bought me guess jeans or reebok suede classics or cross-colors.
I didn't conform then and i refuse to conform now.

JoeChalupa
11-01-2005, 09:01 AM

when I was in school my mother never bought me guess jeans or reebok suede classics or cross-colors.

Same here.

pache100
11-01-2005, 09:07 AM

Same here.

Good for you guys! The reason clothes like that are there is because there IS a market for it. If no one were buying it, it would go away so fast it would make your head spin. When more parents start stepping up and just saying "No!", things will change. Money talks.

batman2883
11-01-2005, 09:09 AM
whats wrong with A&F??? i love their clothes....is it cause the shirts are like 60 bucks and the jeans are like 130?? or is it cause they show the hips of the girls and express naughty words?

3rdCoast
11-01-2005, 09:46 AM
i got a few shirts from there. that store is tite.

i like ae too

CosmicCowboy
11-01-2005, 09:47 AM
My reccomendation to you parents would be to roll with the flow on this one and not make any definitive statements the "my kid won't wear that stuff because I didn't"...

My observation is that the social pressures in the junior high and high schools are a lot different these days. If the "cool" stuff makes them feel more secure at that tender age and they "need" it then they should have it.

The tactic I used with my kids was to define a limit that I would pay for a shirt or pair of pants and if it was really important to them to have the "cool" brand then they would pay the difference...either with their allowance, birthday money, deferring purchases of video games/cd's etc...

funny...of my two kids one cared and one didn't...and the one that cared learned as a pre-teen to look for end of season sales and to tag along on trips to the outlet malls...

He also learned to do laundry and iron in junior high because he understood that his choice was 5 pair of regular jeans that fit the laundry schedule or 2 pair of "name" jeans...and we did not make it convenient for his choice to only have 2 pair of jeans...

You are gonna have enough fights with your teenagers...save your ammo for the big stuff...

Kip Fanatic
11-01-2005, 09:49 AM
A & F is overrated. The clothes are nice and admit I have a couple of shirts. However, its not my preference. I prefer to shop at the Gap, Foley's Dillards, Aeropostale, and others because they actually have sales.

I don't find the NEED to buy jeans @ $90. I can find the same jeans for like $29.

SA210
11-01-2005, 09:51 AM
I have a problem.

When I was young and poor, I only had one pair of jeans, and i was lucky to have them, most of the time they were hand me downs or from the previous year. And they were torn from the knee and so faded, it's ridiculous. I wished to have new clothes, but unfortunately we couldn't afford anything. It was embarrassing. My mom told me to tell the kids at school that I was a biker and these clothes were in style because they always made fun of me. (thanks mom). :rolleyes

Now I'm grown up and can get decent clothes.
Now that is a style? :pctoss

Also, if we were lucky to have a cheap imitation walk-man to listen to our cheap recorded songs on tape from the radio :music , we had a hard time being able to even buy cheap batteries. when the batteries were dying, the music slowed down and it was horrible.

Now that I can afford batteries, (screwed) SLOWED DOWN MUSIC IS POPULAR???? :pctoss

So, I didn't have transportation growing up, Now I have a car......
What's next...

:lol

SpursWoman
11-01-2005, 09:53 AM
I'll buy it if I like it, whatever the hell it is....and it's on sale. :lol

I do NOT skimp on shoes or purses, though....EVER.....because the good ones last longer.

ObiwanGinobili
11-01-2005, 10:01 AM
I had to rely on my aunts and grandmas for my few items of "cool" clothes.

and they did not give me confidence or make me cool at school. whenever I wore the reebok suede classics that I'd been coveting for 2 yrs - i was just labeld a "poser".
or worse.. the cool girls would act nice to me for a few days prompting me to wear every "cool" item I owned within a span of 2 or 3 days..... at the end of which they would proclaim to everyone that they had me "in check". (essentially i was thier bitch)
and it was true. 'casue I had been trailing after them dressed jyst like them for 2 or 3 days doing what ever they wanted.

in the end it wasn;t cool super expensive clothes that saved me from complete dorkiness and ostracisim<sp?> = it was dating a football player that brought me up in the social ranking. :tu

batman2883
11-01-2005, 10:03 AM
Man i love shopping at AE and AF, and foleys and dillards, and every other place that has expensive as hell clothes....lately ive been in a sean jean, polo phase....but dude ROSS kicks ass for sales

ObiwanGinobili
11-01-2005, 10:05 AM
ROSS is the shiznit.

and the Goodwill at Blanco & 410... they have all the stuff that Macy's and Saks donates... with the tags still on.
I bought a $115 dress for $8.

batman2883
11-01-2005, 10:07 AM
i dont know about goodwill but ross is the shiznit

ObiwanGinobili
11-01-2005, 10:10 AM
it's the one at 410& Blanco next to Super Salad.
you have to check it out.
they have this whole roped off section thats just clothes that have been donated (for tax reasons) form the mall. all brand new never worn tags still on stuff. Even sheets and towels.

batman2883
11-01-2005, 10:15 AM
i kinda stay away from goodwill

sa_butta
11-01-2005, 10:17 AM
it's the one at 410& Blanco next to Super Salad.
you have to check it out.
they have this whole roped off section thats just clothes that have been donated (for tax reasons) form the mall. all brand new never worn tags still on stuff. Even sheets and towels.I just made a donation there a couple of days ago.:lol

JoeChalupa
11-01-2005, 10:38 AM
My reccomendation to you parents would be to roll with the flow on this one and not make any definitive statements the "my kid won't wear that stuff because I didn't"...

My observation is that the social pressures in the junior high and high schools are a lot different these days. If the "cool" stuff makes them feel more secure at that tender age and they "need" it then they should have it.

The tactic I used with my kids was to define a limit that I would pay for a shirt or pair of pants and if it was really important to them to have the "cool" brand then they would pay the difference...either with their allowance, birthday money, deferring purchases of video games/cd's etc...

funny...of my two kids one cared and one didn't...and the one that cared learned as a pre-teen to look for end of season sales and to tag along on trips to the outlet malls...

He also learned to do laundry and iron in junior high because he understood that his choice was 5 pair of regular jeans that fit the laundry schedule or 2 pair of "name" jeans...and we did not make it convenient for his choice to only have 2 pair of jeans...

You are gonna have enough fights with your teenagers...save your ammo for the big stuff...

I understand your point but to me the "small battles" are just as important as the big stuff. As Barney Fife would say, "Nip it in the bud". I always tell my oldest, who I thank God has not gotten into the "style" thing, to never judge someone by what they look like or what they wear.
If kids are judging you or don't want to hang out with you because of what you wear?...then those are friends you can do with out because those are the ones who smile to your face and frown when you walk away.

Most know that I'm cheap and a penny-pincher, frugal is what I like to call myself, but I'm also well aware of the "social pressure" to keep up with the times and to be "in" when it comes to clothing. That wasn't me in HS or even now. I'm just not that into name brand clothing.

whats wrong with A&F??? i love their clothes....is it cause the shirts are like 60 bucks and the jeans are like 130?? or is it cause they show the hips of the girls and express naughty words?

Yeah, some of the "sayings" on the shirts were too sexually explecit for my tastes and I'm what they call a "liberal". Then again I'm not in my 20's either.
Not that there is anything wrong with being in your 20's...I loved it!

But I do look through the sales racks at Dillard's and Foley's and even the sale prices sometimes make say, "WTF!?"

If I make it to the GTG on Saturday look for me to be dressed as a simple man.

batman2883
11-01-2005, 10:47 AM
LOL I know what you look like joe you went the gtg for Big Sac....look for me to dressed in either a great fit, or spurs gear

1Parker1
11-01-2005, 10:48 AM
Man i love shopping at AE and AF, and foleys and dillards, and every other place that has expensive as hell clothes....lately ive been in a sean jean, polo phase....but dude ROSS kicks ass for sales

:lol Batman's a little high-end.

I have a t-shirt and a hoodie from Abercrombie that I've worn like twice. Actually, I talked to this one girl in my class who works there (she's really pretty) and she said that A & F only hires girls and guys with the "Right look" and they let their employees know that before they hire them. Meaning they only hire people who look like the models in their ads. Also, their bosses specifically tell them to stand around the store, not really helping anyone, and look like they're modeling the clothes.

That's a little too superficial............even for me :lol

Spurminator
11-01-2005, 10:51 AM
I'm just going to hop that when my kids are that age they will not have developed such a materialistic attitude that they NEED a $75 ripped t-shirt.

Easier said than done, I'm sure. You can tell I haven't had any kids yet. :lol

JoeChalupa
11-01-2005, 11:05 AM
LOL I know what you look like joe you went the gtg for Big Sac....look for me to dressed in either a great fit, or spurs gear

:lol I'll probably be there. :drunk

2Blonde
11-01-2005, 11:06 AM

I have a t-shirt and a hoodie from Abercrombie that I've worn like twice. Actually, I talked to this one girl in my class who works there (she's really pretty) and she said that A & F only hires girls and guys with the "Right look" and they let their employees know that before they hire them. Meaning they only hire people who look like the models in their ads. Also, their bosses specifically tell them to stand around the store, not really helping anyone, and look like they're modeling the clothes.

Haven't you seen the Mad TV skit on A&F. It is hilarious. It's spoofs that whole ideal image about them standing around looking beautiful and modieling the clothes. :lol

batman2883
11-01-2005, 11:09 AM

im not high end i just know how to dress and money is no object when it comes to my style

JoeChalupa
11-01-2005, 11:10 AM
Now I know why people ask me for assistance when I'm standing around in Wal-Mart.

ObiwanGinobili
11-01-2005, 11:11 AM
Haven't you seen the Mad TV skit on A&F. It is hilarious. It's spoofs that whole ideal image about them standing around looking beautiful and modieling the clothes. :lol

the one where that lady gives birth next to the dressing area???
:lol:lol

1Parker1
11-01-2005, 11:11 AM
Now I know why people ask me for assistance when I'm standing around in Wal-Mart.

:lmao :lmao :lmao

1Parker1
11-01-2005, 11:12 AM
im not high end i just know how to dress and money is no object when it comes to my style

Get off your high horse....:rolleyes

JoeChalupa
11-01-2005, 11:12 AM

So if you were a woman you'd be "high maintenance"?

I hear ya, when I was young and single I dressed to impress but again I was never into the "style" thing but I still get my GQ every month so what does that say? Money is no object at all when it comes to my style. :lol

1Parker1
11-01-2005, 11:14 AM
Actually I like to shop at a lot of name brand stores too.......but for some reason, Batman is just coming off as a little stuck up that's all :angel

batman2883
11-01-2005, 11:16 AM
Oh Hell No Im Not Stuck Up At All Ma'am I'm Just Saying I Know How To Dress And I Know It....i Guess That Does Sound Stuck Up...but Hey Im Not Stuck Up Or Conceited Just For Future Reference

T Park
11-01-2005, 11:27 AM
Bravo Joe Chalupa.

CC's BS reasonings are the rEASON kids are spoiled and out of touch with reality nowadays.

the "pick your battles' is BS.

Your a parent. YOUR in charge. If the kids don't like it? TOUGH, YOUR THE PARENT, THE BOSS!!

For godsake, you parents that want to be their bestfriends, get over it, your parents not friends.

batman2883
11-01-2005, 11:39 AM
I use to love when my parents gave me the "if your friends would jump off a building would you too" speach

Tres_Till_it_MHz
11-01-2005, 11:39 AM
Your a parent. YOUR in charge. If the kids don't like it? TOUGH, YOUR THE PARENT, THE BOSS!!

And how many do you have? I'm sure you speak from experience....

Tres_Till_it_MHz
11-01-2005, 11:41 AM
I use to love when my parents gave me the "if your friends would jump off a building would you too" speach

And you probably were the first in line to jump, you sound sheepish..How is that Vette and Lamborghini, they make you look so cool....

Spurminator
11-01-2005, 11:43 AM

Depends on who you're trying to impress, I guess... From my experience, if you're over 21 and wearing A&F, you're probably being laughed at.

CosmicCowboy
11-01-2005, 11:47 AM
Bravo Joe Chalupa.

CC's BS reasonings are the rEASON kids are spoiled and out of touch with reality nowadays.

For godsake, you parents that want to be their bestfriends, get over it, your parents not friends.

Typical T-Park...

The child in question graduated from UT in 4 years with a 3.8 GPA, then did 2 years in "Teach for America" teaching underpriviledged kids in the Valley, Then went to Law School at a top 5 school, was on Law Review, and is now working for a Blue Chip law firm in Washington DC doing Federal appellate work making more money than you will ever dream of making.

Spoiled and out of touch my ass...

You wanna train your kids to push the go button on the tilt-a-whirl then show them who is boss and make all their decisions for them and you will get what you deserve.

batman2883
11-01-2005, 11:48 AM
God damn i love being picked on its the greatest feeling in the world....truth is i wear the A&F shirts like just to lounge around, i'm more into the button up nice shirts and some nice jeans with nice boots. Oh and as far as sheepish goes nah i dont follow any crowd i like to make my own.

Mixability
11-01-2005, 11:48 AM
And you probably were the first in line to jump, you sound sheepish..How is that Vette and Lamborghini, they make you look so cool....

Batman has just confirmed my assumptions.... he's the kind of guy that spends loads of money to look cool, loads of money to drive something cool, but when it all comes down to it, he's not.

Live life for yourself, dress how you want. If you like the expensive style, go ahead and waste your money! I'm sure your child doesn't need that money to pay for college huh? :rolleyes I'm the kind of parent that will wear sweats and old shoes, just so my boy can have some good clothes and some nice shoes. And you can never have enough diapers! :lol Get your priorities straight Bat, seriously.

I absolutely hate the fact that A&F charges so much for crap that looks old. No thanks, I'll break in and fray my pants myself. And those stupid torn hats! Don't get me started! :pctoss

Mixability
11-01-2005, 11:49 AM
if you're over 21 and wearing A&F, you're probably being laughed at.

:tu :lol

Mixability
11-01-2005, 11:52 AM
i dont follow any crowd i like to make my own.

hey Kori, can Bat get another spur for being an original member of the A&F crowd? :lol

batman2883
11-01-2005, 11:54 AM
Batman has just confirmed my assumptions.... he's the kind of guy that spends loads of money to look cool, loads of money to drive something cool, but when it all comes down to it, he's not.

Live life for yourself, dress how you want. If you like the expensive style, go ahead and waste your money! I'm sure your child doesn't need that money to pay for college huh? :rolleyes I'm the kind of parent that will wear sweats and old shoes, just so my boy can have some good clothes and some nice shoes. And you can never have enough diapers! :lol Get your priorities straight Bat, seriously.

I absolutely hate the fact that A&F charges so much for crap that looks old. No thanks, I'll break in and fray my pants myself. And those stupid torn hats! Don't get me started! :pctoss
trust me i dont spend a lot of money to look cool, i have my own sense of style i dont look at poster's or magazines or models to get my sense of fashion. I just know what i want when i go in a store and i simply pick it out, if the shirt or jeans or pants are nice, ill take it. I'm sorry if when i was growing up my family was kinda broke and i had to get my damn clothes from wieners or my shoes from payless and now that i can afford to buy such luxeries for myself i do so....damn you bastards really know how to make hasty conclusions on people before you even know there background, and as far as my son goes, the same goes for him too i buy him things i never got at his age.

Tres_Till_it_MHz
11-01-2005, 11:54 AM
Oh and as far as sheepish goes nah i dont follow any crowd i like to make my own.

Yeah okay, if ya say so now.

JoeChalupa
11-01-2005, 11:56 AM
Batman is cool and I admit, yes I'm comfortable with my sexuality, looks good and there is nothing wrong with that and I'm sure as he grows older and has kids his view may change.

Like I've said before I don't want my kids to be obsessed with "style" but also want them to have the best things they desire but just not to lose sight of what is really important in life and being "in style" is not one of them.

Now granted my oldest is only 11 but I've seen some of her friends who are already into the "look" and wear hip hugger jeans and make-up and she has sleep overs the issue of dress and makeup come up but she handles it very well indeed and I pray that she continues to be that way. A big heart is more important to me than a big purse.

Tres_Till_it_MHz
11-01-2005, 11:57 AM
hey Kori, can Bat get another spur for being an original member of the A&F crowd? :lol

:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

Mixability
11-01-2005, 12:04 PM
trust me i dont spend a lot of money to look cool, i have my own sense of style i dont look at poster's or magazines or models to get my sense of fashion. I just know what i want when i go in a store and i simply pick it out, if the shirt or jeans or pants are nice, ill take it. I'm sorry if when i was growing up my family was kinda broke and i had to get my damn clothes from wieners or my shoes from payless and now that i can afford to buy such luxeries for myself i do so....damn you bastards really know how to make hasty conclusions on people before you even know there background, and as far as my son goes, the same goes for him too i buy him things i never got at his age.

so you're saying you came up with the A&F on your own without ever looking in a mag or on MTV? And you're not a fashion designer, why? :rolleyes

So what is the difference between a $30 pair of Levis and a $120 pair of A&F, they don't look much different to me! Let me guess, you make sure your shirt is tucked in, just so people can see your jeans are A&F, huh? And I'm sure if your shirt isn't tucked in, you make sure its tucked in just in front, so your Louis Vuitton belt buckle shows, right?

I shopped at Weiners, Payless, Montgomery Wards and the 50% off store(who remembers those! :lol). Now that I have a career, I prioritize my funds better. I'd much rather pay $250 for my parents truck payment then on an A&F outfit to go out to the club.

SpursWoman
11-01-2005, 12:06 PM
Bravo Joe Chalupa.

Another good example of someone with an opinion on how to raise kids without actually having to do it. :lol

I don't make excuses for buying my kids nice things, and I'm not going to apologize or feel guilty for doing so, either.

It's my fucking money, and I don't like pulling something out of the washing machine the first time and it's all fucked up because I chose the cheap route. That pisses me off more than spending a little more on better quality.

:fro

JoeChalupa
11-01-2005, 12:06 PM
I too didn't have many things growing up but it wan't until I got older that I realized that my parents could have gotten me more things but they wanted me to grow up humble and not expect things just because the Jones' had them and I'm very glad they did so.

I agree with Batman, to an extent, that I'd like to give my kids things that I didn't have growing up but I also don't want them to be in the "me first" way of thinking. Too many young people have the feeling of "entitlement" when they haven't earned it yet. If you have the money to do it than by all means do it.

It's just not the way for me. After my kids turn 18 they can do as they please...well to an extent anyways. I'm 44 and still do as my parents say.

JoeChalupa
11-01-2005, 12:08 PM
Parenting is the hardest job in the world. Do what works for you.

I'm not apologizing for raising my kids the way I want to.

Damn right it's my money! :) :)

Okay, I'll get off my high horse now. :oops

batman2883
11-01-2005, 12:09 PM
so you're saying you came up with the A&F on your own without ever looking in a mag or on MTV? And you're not a fashion designer, why? :rolleyes

So what is the difference between a $30 pair of Levis and a $120 pair of A&F, they don't look much different to me! Let me guess, you make sure your shirt is tucked in, just so people can see your jeans are A&F, huh? And I'm sure if your shirt isn't tucked in, you make sure its tucked in just in front, so your Louis Vuitton belt buckle shows, right?

I shopped at Weiners, Payless, Montgomery Wards and the 50% off store(who remembers those! :lol). Now that I have a career, I prioritize my funds better. I'd much rather pay $250 for my parents truck payment then on an A&F outfit to go out to the club.
Damn you seriously are only reading what you want to read, in case you didnt see what i said, i like shopping at ross too where the prices are like 10 bucks for jeans and 12 bucks for shirts...that are still name brand...

batman2883
11-01-2005, 12:10 PM
I too didn't have many things growing up but it wan't until I got older that I realized that my parents could have gotten me more things but they wanted me to grow up humble and not expect things just because the Jones' had them and I'm very glad they did so.

I agree with Batman, to an extent, that I'd like to give my kids things that I didn't have growing up but I also don't want them to be in the "me first" way of thinking. Too many young people have the feeling of "entitlement" when they haven't earned it yet. If you have the money to do it than by all means do it.

It's just not the way for me. After my kids turn 18 they can do as they please...well to an extent anyways. I'm 44 and still do as my parents say.
See Joe see's where im coming from, i provide for my son the things i never could have, and at the same time im still very young too and i still treat myself as well.....

JoeChalupa
11-01-2005, 12:13 PM
Damn you seriously are only reading what you want to read, in case you didnt see what i said, i like shopping at ross too where the prices are like 10 bucks for jeans and 12 bucks for shirts...that are still name brand...

Yeah, I shop at Ross too. :spin

Gatita
11-01-2005, 12:14 PM
Actually I like to shop at a lot of name brand stores too.......but for some reason, Batman is just coming off as a little stuck up that's all

So, what is new?

Depends on who you're trying to impress, I guess... From my experience, if you're over 21 and wearing A&F, you're probably being laughed at.

:tu

Give me a redtag sale, an outlet store, a discount store, ebay, or a thrift store. :tu

BTW Spurswoman, ebay is a great place to buy the better handbags. :)

Mixability

Then why bother getting the A&F shit, unless they stock that at Ross too. :rolleyes You are a father, right? I think I remember your avatar being a pic of you and a small child. Maybe I'm remembering wrong. I just think all that money that you spend on expensive crap (that even you say you can find at Ross) could be better used to save up for your offsprings college fund.

Horry For 3!
I used to get clothes at Abercrombie & Fitch but one day I walked in and the clothes were like pink. I hate fucking pink, this dude working there was wearing pink and dancing all gay. I was like, "Dude, your a fucking fag!" and left the store. Never went back. I do go to American Eagle though. I have many nice shirts from American Eagle, that is all I wear most of the time if I go somewhere is a collared shirt from AE.

batman2883
Isnt ross like the greatest i dropped like 300 hundred there like 2 weeks ago on polo boots, and like 6 complete outfits

jcrod
11-01-2005, 12:15 PM
Bravo Joe Chalupa.

People who give parenting advice and have no kids are freaking idiots. How can you sit there and give driving leasons when you've never driven????????

I agree CC, my parents would limit the amount of pants and shirts i would buy every summer and then during the school yr. I had a limit and knew and shopped accordingly. I do have problems remembering to picking my battles, my wife has to remind me....a lot.

I believe you should let them express themselves, as long as it doesn't pass certain boundaries. My 8 yr picks out her own clothes going on 5 yrs now. She know what she likes and dresses well. But there is times she puts something on to go to the store or somewhere and I'm like you know that doesn't go well with each other and shes like I know, but don't care. OK, here i go with a 8 yr old who doesn't match at all.

RichieRich
11-01-2005, 12:16 PM
Another good example of someone with an opinion on how to raise kids without actually having to do it. :lol

I don't make excuses for buying my kids nice things, and I'm not going to apologize or feel guilty for doing so, either.

It's my fucking money, and I don't like pulling something out of the washing machine the first time and it's all fucked up because I chose the cheap route. That pisses me off more than spending a little more on better quality.

Damn right! Little Jimmy looks great in his clothes from the GAP for kids.

And since you have the money, buy a new washer or a water softener. That'll keep your kids clothes from North Star Mall looking great!

Mixability
11-01-2005, 12:16 PM
I used to get clothes at Abercrombie & Fitch but one day I walked in and the clothes were like pink. I hate fucking pink, this dude working there was wearing pink and dancing all gay. I was like, "Dude, your a fucking fag!" and left the store. Never went back. I do go to American Eagle though. I have many nice shirts from American Eagle, that is all I wear most of the time if I go somewhere is a collared shirt from AE.

I never even go in A&F, cause if you aren't white, they assume you're either stealing something or lost. :lol

Horry For 3!
11-01-2005, 12:18 PM
I never even go in A&F, cause if you aren't white, they assume you're either stealing something or lost. :lol
You ever been in Hot Topic? I went in there once with like an A&F or AE shirt before :lol people looked at me weird :lmao

Tres_Till_it_MHz
11-01-2005, 12:19 PM
You ever been in Hot Topic? I went in there once with like an A&F or AE shirt before :lol people looked at me weird :lmao

Maybe it was your popped collar?

Mixability
11-01-2005, 12:19 PM
Damn right! Little Jimmy looks great in his clothes from the GAP for kids.

I prefer Gymboree, is that the right spelling. It gets a little expensive though, cause I tend to go overboard for the little guy! :lol

Horry For 3!
11-01-2005, 12:20 PM
Nope. I don't wear my collar up :lmao if I did, they would really look at me

SpursWoman
11-01-2005, 12:21 PM
buy a new washer

I just did 3 weeks ago...of course my dryer was 100 years old and just couldn't be fixed anymore so I didn't have a lot of choice. :spin

Foley's always has sales where you can buy waaaaaay better quality cheaper than Walmart if you know how to shop.

Mixability
11-01-2005, 12:21 PM

I think I don't stick out as much as you would in Hot Topic, since I tend to dress down when I'm away from work. But I once went there to get a gift on my lunch break, in a shirt and tie, and you think they assumed they were getting audited by the IRS! :lol

Mixability
11-01-2005, 12:22 PM

:vomit

batman2883
11-01-2005, 12:23 PM
I love hot topic too they have some cool ass shirts and home decor

Horry For 3!
11-01-2005, 12:29 PM
I love hot topic too they have some cool ass shirts and home decor
Fast Foward is kinda cool as well, which is like the next store to Hot Topic.

I always go to the North Star Mall :smokin

Spam
11-01-2005, 12:43 PM
Damn, Chalupa, you are a tight wad. :lol

Mixability
11-01-2005, 12:50 PM
Fast Foward is kinda cool as well, which is like the next store to Hot Topic.

I always go to the North Star Mall :smokin

Fast Forward is for posers! :lol

North Star Mall is hell on the weekends, especially with all the rich Mexicans that come across the border and act like they're "above" us regular Mexican-Americans! :lol

Duff McCartney
11-01-2005, 02:03 PM

Yeah that happened to me back in high school. It was actually pretty stupid. I was wearing an Abercrombie sweater and the dude said something.

I didn't really care...it's none of my business what he likes or doesn't like. Besides I ended up buying a shirt from hot topic also.

Mixability
11-01-2005, 02:07 PM
Yeah that happened to me back in high school. It was actually pretty stupid. I was wearing an Abercrombie sweater and the dude said something.

I didn't really care...it's none of my business what he likes or doesn't like. Besides I ended up buying a shirt from hot topic also.

Yeah, my fashion tastes are all over the map, I can go from shirt and tie in the day to cargos and my best Rage shirt at night. It's kinda awkward when my co-workers and employees see me away from the office, especially when I'm walking out of Sam's in my "mosh" clothes! :lol

Duff McCartney
11-01-2005, 02:08 PM
I mean I really don't see the big deal about clothing really. I shop everywhere....I've bought clothes from Banana Republic and Wal-Mart. I haven't even bought clothes recently anyway from big stores. The last thing I bought was a pair of running shoes because the old shoes I had that I got at Wal-Mart were old.

CosmicCowboy
11-01-2005, 02:33 PM
I mean I really don't see the big deal about clothing really. I shop everywhere....I've bought clothes from Banana Republic and Wal-Mart. I haven't even bought clothes recently anyway from big stores. The last thing I bought was a pair of running shoes because the old shoes I had that I got at Wal-Mart were old.

Rumor has it that JimCS came home from the hospital in a T-Shirt that said "My Money and the Forum Bitch goes to SAC"

Spam
11-01-2005, 02:33 PM
^right on cue

Pistons < Spurs
11-01-2005, 02:46 PM
I hate fucking pink

:rollin :lmao So does that mean you're gay? LOL

batman2883
11-01-2005, 02:47 PM
Rumor has it that JimCS came home from the hospital in a T-Shirt that said "My Money and the Forum Bitch goes to SAC"
HA HA HA HA HA

ObiwanGinobili
11-01-2005, 02:55 PM
So, what is new?

Give me a redtag sale, an outlet store, a discount store, ebay, or a thrift store. :tu

BTW Spurswoman, ebay is a great place to buy the better handbags. :)

Gatita -:tu look to go shopping with me in say January??
I'm gonna need a whole new wardrobe and could use a shopping buddy. (I'm allready too small for some of my clothes I was wearing when i got preggo and I havn't even started dieting/working out yet.)
Sooooooo.... I'm planning a big time cheapo/frugal shopping trip :elephant as soon as I'm back in San Antonio.
you up for it??

Sweet_Angel
11-01-2005, 02:56 PM
Don't get me started with Abercrombe & Fitch. I'm mad with them, they should make pregnancy clothes.

Kori Ellis
11-01-2005, 02:57 PM
The funniest thing about this thread is that Batman claims to be high-end and then admit he shops at Ross :vomit

:lmao

ObiwanGinobili
11-01-2005, 02:57 PM
I just did 3 weeks ago...of course my dryer was 100 years old and just couldn't be fixed anymore so I didn't have a lot of choice. :spin

Foley's always has sales where you can buy waaaaaay better quality cheaper than Walmart if you know how to shop.

fuck yeah! I just bought 3, count them - 3 Wacoal nursing bras for a grand total of 16.78 including tax!! :smokin

ObiwanGinobili
11-01-2005, 02:58 PM
Don't get me started with Abercrombe & Fitch. I'm mad with them, they should make pregnancy clothes.

:lmao :lmao
shop @ Ross.. they have plenty. :tu

Gatita
11-01-2005, 03:02 PM
Gatita -:tu look to go shopping with me in say January??
I'm gonna need a whole new wardrobe and could use a shopping buddy. (I'm allready too small for some of my clothes I was wearing when i got preggo and I havn't even started dieting/working out yet.)
Sooooooo.... I'm planning a big time cheapo/frugal shopping trip :elephant as soon as I'm back in San Antonio.
you up for it??

Most definately. :tu

Your trading in your preggo clothes for some "real" clothes.

And I am trading in my clothes for scrubs come January. :depressed

ObiwanGinobili
11-01-2005, 03:04 PM
Most definately. :tu

Your trading in your preggo clothes for some "real" clothes.

And I am trading in my clothes for scrubs come January. :depressed

awesome! it;s a date!

I can;t wait to get some NEW "real" clothes.... I pulled a box out of the closet this morning and realized i havn;t worn most of it since 2003... some not since 2002! :oops

Sweet_Angel
11-01-2005, 03:06 PM
:lmao :lmao
shop @ Ross.. they have plenty. :tu

thanks.

Gatita
11-01-2005, 03:07 PM
awesome! it;s a date!

I can;t wait to get some NEW "real" clothes.... I pulled a box out of the closet this morning and realized i havn;t worn most of it since 2003... some not since 2002! :oops

:wow

Time to purge.

Cant_Be_Faded
11-01-2005, 04:13 PM

i got a few shirts from there. that store is tite.

i like ae too

Quite possibly one of the more homoerotic things either of you have ever said.

MannyIsGod
11-01-2005, 04:14 PM
I'm not sure I can read this many pages of a thread on AF clothing, but I'm just going to put in my 2 cents on this company and AE.

I can't stand either one. Companies like this and the one that owns Hollister as well as other mall shops cater to one thing: image. Then then count on people like Batman who believe that paying 130 dollars for a ripped pair of jeans is so cool it'll make you jizz all over yourself.

If people want to put themselves in a situation where that is what they like, then by all means do so. I just think it it is ridiculous.

I don't dress badly by any means. I love getting shirts made by Kenneth Cole, CK and other places. But I won't pay full price for those shirts in any way. Saw a shirt at Dillards that I loved for 140 dollars!!! 140 for a fucking shirt? Eat shit! Ended almost the same shirt for 18 bucks. I don't do knock offs because I want the quality, but I don't want to pay that much either.

Anyhow, just my 2 cents. I have a sister who just got a job with Hollister and she heard all about it. :lol

gay abc
11-01-2005, 04:14 PM
I was like, "Dude, your a fucking fag!"

why must you fucking goddamn breeders continue to talk like that? :rolleyes

Kori Ellis
11-01-2005, 04:18 PM
why must you fucking goddamn breeders continue to talk like that? :rolleyes

I don't know. I've told them (and even him specifically) a thousand times about it. If he does it again, I'll change his title to "I suck dick". :)

T Park
11-01-2005, 04:19 PM
You wanna train your kids to push the go button on the tilt-a-whirl

Love those stereotypes.

BTW, gotten stopped by a lady cop and it turned into a 3 some porno again lately?

Cant_Be_Faded
11-01-2005, 04:21 PM
CBF's wardrobe goes something like this

I never bought or wore an Abercrombie and Fitch shirt, never bought or wore an American Eagle shirt, except when making fun of ThisPego (and i took it off within 2 minutes),

I haven't even bought but a handful of new clothes since Senior year of High School, every time I go to the mall I am left flabergasted by how lame each Men's Department Styles have become and how they are almost forcing me to be metro like them, I always end up spending my mall money on CD's, DVD's, Video Games, or Food,

and I am desperately needing new clothes and do not know what to do because if i don't buy into the new sand-blasted frosted-tips metrosexual scene, I have to pay an assload for nice dress shirts and dress shoes and dress pants (which I like, but are too expensive)

I hate fashion.

I hate buying new clothes.

The only things on my list of clothing items to buy are some Spurs jerseys, a Vince Young jersey, and some Pumas.

I hate fashion.

Horry For 3!
11-01-2005, 04:21 PM
:rollin :lmao So does that mean you're gay? LOL
I hate the color pink, you douche

CosmicCowboy
11-01-2005, 04:22 PM
Love those stereotypes.

BTW, gotten stopped by a lady cop and it turned into a 3 some porno again lately?

TPark, you are so friggen stupid that you didn't even realize that cop thing was User666 just playing around and not me...

and don't talk to me about stereotypes...if you call me out you can expect to get bitchslapped. In a battle of wits you are bringing a knife to a gunfight.

Cant_Be_Faded
11-01-2005, 04:22 PM
Oh yeah, and I also have some gucci shoes, and gucci shades that i sport when i am on the prowl for viejas

Horry For 3!
11-01-2005, 04:24 PM
I don't know. I've told them (and even him specifically) a thousand times about it. If he does it again, I'll change his title to "I suck dick". :)
You never told me anything actually. It is a figure of speech in what I said, no harm.

Gatita
11-01-2005, 04:25 PM
why must you fucking goddamn breeders continue to talk like that?

Because this forum has some ignorant jackasses.

I don't know. I've told them (and even him specifically) a thousand times about it. If he does it again, I'll change his title to "I suck dick".

I guess it will be soon.

gay abc
11-01-2005, 04:26 PM

the ones that do talk like that..... secretly want to suck dick

Kori Ellis
11-01-2005, 04:28 PM
You never told me anything actually. It is a figure of speech in what I said, no harm.

Don't fucking lie. I've told you (and the rest of the Quattro crew) to stop using that word.

Horry For 3!
11-01-2005, 04:30 PM
Don't fucking lie. I've told you (and the rest of the Quattro crew) to stop using that word.
Yes, I know, already dicussed this with you on Yahoo.

Sweet_Angel
11-01-2005, 04:30 PM
Well people i'll be going now. i'm going home already.

Cant_Be_Faded
11-01-2005, 04:31 PM
Can any of the rich posters help me out? I really want to complete my Gucci outfit with some shirts, pants, and more shoes and shades.

I have no source of income, but I promise to pay you back sooner than say, Duff would.

batman2883
11-01-2005, 04:39 PM
cbf you can afford a baby but you cant afford gucci whats wrong with you son

batman2883
11-01-2005, 04:39 PM
ha ha ha ha ha ha that motherfucker

Cant_Be_Faded
11-01-2005, 04:41 PM
or i could sell my baby for the gucci wear

batman2883
11-01-2005, 04:42 PM
ha ha hah a this motherfucker is using my picture with me and my son cbf you are such a fag

Cant_Be_Faded
11-01-2005, 04:42 PM
u better delete that word or Kori will go AWOL...didnt u see what happened earlier

batman2883
11-01-2005, 04:44 PM
dude come up with something original cause now your freaking me out son

Cant_Be_Faded
11-01-2005, 04:47 PM
i was talking about the f*g word if kori sees it she will think you are defying her

Kori Ellis
11-01-2005, 04:48 PM
I already saw it - of course he said it on purpose. He's just being a defiant ass.

Don't worry, he'll pay for it.

batman2883
11-01-2005, 04:49 PM
i didnt say it on purpose it slipt but this fruit is using my pic as his avatar...its freaking me out

JoeChalupa
11-01-2005, 04:50 PM
I'm really not that cheap :rolleyes but I don't pay full price for clothing.

I always check the sales racks at Dillard's and Foley's and yeah I love the stuff from Kenneth Cole and some of the other designers but I refuse to pay that much for a shirt or a pair of pants.

And I agree that you get what you pay for but my $10 Wal-mart jeans last me years so I get my money's worth. I did breakdown and buy some Lee jeans at the outlet mall in San Marcos though.

But sometimes I feel like I'm dressing younger than I am. Are all jeans made to sag these days?

Shelly
11-01-2005, 04:55 PM
I spend money on shoes because I keep them forever or until the dog chews them up. (Yeah, I still haven't learned to put my shoes away)

Cant_Be_Faded
11-01-2005, 04:56 PM
I spend money on shoes because I keep them forever or until the dog chews them up. (Yeah, I still haven't learned to put my shoes away)

Poor Shelly! :spin

Shelly
11-01-2005, 04:59 PM
Poor Shelly! :spin

Poor Shmore. I just go out and buy another pair. Because I can :lol

SWC Bonfire
11-01-2005, 05:00 PM
Poor Shmore. I just go out and buy another pair. Because I can :lol

Goddamn womenfolk and their shoes... don't you realize that you are cutting into your husband's boat/4wheeler/sportscar fund? :lol

JoeChalupa
11-01-2005, 05:04 PM
Okay, men. How many pairs of shoes do you have?

Me. 2 pairs of sneakers
2 pairs of dress/casual shoes. 1 black and 1 brown.
1 pair of sandals (and the manly kind not flip-flops).

That is all.

SpursWoman
11-01-2005, 05:04 PM
Goddamn womenfolk and their shoes... don't you realize that you are cutting into your husband's boat/4wheeler/sportscar fund? :lol

Eh...he can have his rocket fuel, fireworks and power tools if I can have my $500 purses and $200 shoes.

JoeChalupa
11-01-2005, 05:07 PM
Eh...he can have his rocket fuel, fireworks and power tools if I can have my $500 purses and $200 shoes.

What is up with those purses with the "C" on them. I can't remember the name but I went WTF!? when I saw a small hand bag at Foley's that I can hold in the palm of my hand for $150!?

SpursWoman
11-01-2005, 05:08 PM

Me. 2 pairs of sneakers

That is all.

User has a pair of steel-toed Redwing boots, basketball shoes...and some water shoes for the lake.

I have about 30 pairs left ... but I just donated a lot I didn't wear much (if at all) a couple of months ago.

SpursWoman
11-01-2005, 05:09 PM
What is up with those purses with the "C" on them. I can't remember the name but I went WTF!? when I saw a small hand bag at Foley's that I can hold in the palm of my hand for $150!?

A "C" = Coach, "G" = Gucci, "D&B" = Dooney & Bourke :lol

SWC Bonfire
11-01-2005, 05:11 PM

Me. 2 pairs of sneakers

That is all.

Two pairs of dress shoes (black/brown)
Two pairs of sneakers in various states of repair
Two pairs of cowboy boots (gifts) - one pair 10 yrs old and one pair 5 y/o
One pair of workboots.
One pair of "casual" shoes that I probably should chunk in a brushpile

I was only kidding about the women's shoe thing - all men like women to wear nice shoes, preferably high heels :lol

sa_butta
11-01-2005, 05:13 PM
I have 3 pairs of sneakers
1 pair of black dress shoes
1 pair of brown dress shoes
1 pair of brown boots
1 pair of sandals
1 pair of house shoes

CosmicCowboy
11-01-2005, 05:16 PM

Me. 2 pairs of sneakers

That is all.

hmmm....

4 pair cowboy boots
2 pair lace up Ariat work/riding boots
1 pair sneakers
2 pair sandals
1 pair hiking boots
2 pair ski boots
1 pair predator reef boots
1 pair very dusty dress shoes

Gatita
11-01-2005, 05:18 PM

The Coach purses now being made blow balls.

You are paying the same price for what used to be leather handbags.

:pctoss

T Park
11-01-2005, 07:12 PM
I got my GF this nice purse for her birthday with LV on it.

Any girl impressed by that?

CosmicCowboy
11-01-2005, 07:14 PM
I got my GF this nice purse for her birthday with LV on it.

Any girl impressed by that?

I'm sure the fat girl at the flea market loved you for buying the fake Louie.

Cant_Be_Faded
11-01-2005, 07:15 PM

I was just about to say, TPark, with that post you are leaving yourself open to attack

mookie2001
11-01-2005, 07:44 PM
woah really?

Ambercrombies not cool?

Cant_Be_Faded
11-01-2005, 08:02 PM
Maybe I should attend the poker GTG so i can buy more Gucci shoes, Gucci shades.

Duff McCartney
11-01-2005, 08:21 PM

Me. 2 pairs of sneakers

That is all.

2 pairs sneakers, but one I don't wear.
2 pairs dress shoes
1 pair of hiking boots
1 pair of sandals.

N.Y. Johnny
11-01-2005, 08:32 PM
A&F I really don't like much of their things but I do have some jeans from there and thats about it, I like other places like Armani Exchange, and stuff by Nautica and Ralph Lauren.

AE really I don't care for too much

GoldToe
11-01-2005, 09:06 PM
I have 4 pairs of sneakers
2 pair of dress shoes
2 pair of sandals
and over 100 pair of socks.

N.Y. Johnny
11-01-2005, 09:09 PM
as for Shoes I have too many goddamn shoes to keep track of

dress shoes, casual shoes, hiking boots, cleats for baseball and softball.
i got too many to keep track of