PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: Shaq and Kobe going at each other again

benefactor
08-28-2019, 09:05 AM
https://usatthebiglead.files.wordpress.com/2019/08/kobe-shaq-instagram.jpg?w=708&h=1024

https://thebiglead.com/2019/08/28/shaq-kobe-instagram-fued-lakers-history/

:lol Shaq going in on the The All-Time Bricker

LkrFan
08-28-2019, 10:16 AM
Yawn

Kobe'sAchilles
08-28-2019, 10:37 AM
Kobe did cost them that 04 finals tbh. He also got his shit pushed in by Pierce in 08. The worst beatdown in NBA finals history in a closeout game if I remember correctly. He redeemed himself with the back to back championships for sure but Kobe's legacy does have serious holes in it when you dissect it.

If you get rid of both of their old man years, I don't see how anybody could rank Kobe ahead of Shaq.

Laker_1995
08-28-2019, 11:57 AM
Kobe did cost them that 04 finals tbh. He also got his shit pushed in by Pierce in 08. The worst beatdown in NBA finals history in a closeout game if I remember correctly. He redeemed himself with the back to back championships for sure but Kobe's legacy does have serious holes in it when you dissect it.

If you get rid of both of their old man years, I don't see how anybody could rank Kobe ahead of Shaq.

Shaq is obviously over Kobe. Shaq was the most dominant player of all time and destroyed the league during that 3 peat era. I’m a Kobe Stan but he was very very lucky to have Shaq in his prime and all those good vets during his young years.

LkrFan
08-28-2019, 01:38 PM
https://twitter.com/KingJosiah54/status/1166773862584832000?s=19

:lol

phxspurfan
08-28-2019, 01:53 PM
lol Shaq dropping truth bombs

phxspurfan
08-28-2019, 01:55 PM
He redeemed himself with the back to back championships

With Gasol, prime Bynum, Odom, Ariza etc.

Kobe by himself never did shit

FrostKing
08-28-2019, 02:03 PM
You don't lose in 5 games because one of the main scorers shoots too much

Lakers were ran off the court and were destined to lose that series just in more games played

- Shaq and Fox (9 minutes per game) were the only Lakers that shot 40%+

- Fisher was the Lakers 3rd highest scorer at 6.4 PPG

Meanwhile the Pistons
- 6 rotation guys shot 40%+
- All 5 starters scored in double digits

Disrespect to Pistons. They were the superior team and continue to be underrated in histories eyes. The Lakers were monkeystomped and you could argue they collectively quit at some point in the series.

Allan Rowe vs Wade
08-28-2019, 02:55 PM
they are both right

Laker_1995
08-28-2019, 03:02 PM
With Gasol, prime Bynum, Odom, Ariza etc.

Kobe by himself never did shit

Lmao. Lame nigga

Clipper Nation
08-28-2019, 03:22 PM

You do when a role player like Kobe starts thinking he's the GOAT and shooting too much. Shaq was absolutely dominating that series and Kobe was refusing to pass him the ball.

R. DeMurre
08-28-2019, 03:40 PM
2004 is all on Kobe... Shaq shot 63% from the field and was the only Laker with a positive ORtg/DRtg-- 111/106. Kobe shot a horrible 38% FG% and 17% from three, and had an ORtg/DRtg of 90/108. And Shaq did decent job defending the paint against Ben and Rasheed Wallace, but Richard Hamilton led the Pistons in scoring while being more efficient and versatile than Kobe.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/playoffs/2004-nba-finals-pistons-vs-lakers.html

UZER
08-28-2019, 03:42 PM
2004 is all on Kobe... Shaq shot 63% from the field and was the only Laker with a positive ORtg/DRtg-- 111/106. Kobe shot a horrible 38% FG% and 17% from three, and had an ORtg/DRtg of 90/108. And Shaq did decent job defending the paint against Ben and Rasheed Wallace, but Richard Hamilton led the Pistons in scoring while being more efficient and versatile than Kobe.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/playoffs/2004-nba-finals-pistons-vs-lakers.html

That shit stain gets a pass just like Kobe’s rape.

ambchang
08-28-2019, 04:10 PM
Did kobe finally admit to coat tail riding?

Bynumite
08-28-2019, 04:41 PM
Thïs mumbling fat fuck already admitted to Kobe's face that he was out of shape during their time together. Why's he in his feelings right now?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMI8-7KSlyE

lefty
08-28-2019, 04:51 PM

Lakers were ran off the court and were destined to lose that series just in more games played

- Shaq and Fox (9 minutes per game) were the only Lakers that shot 40%+

- Fisher was the Lakers 3rd highest scorer at 6.4 PPG

Meanwhile the Pistons
- 6 rotation guys shot 40%+
- All 5 starters scored in double digits

Disrespect to Pistons. They were the superior team and continue to be underrated in histories eyes. The Lakers were monkeystomped and you could argue they collectively quit at some point in the series.

Shaq was destroying Ben Wallace, he should have gotten more touches.
But you know, Kobe

Millennial_Messiah
08-28-2019, 05:10 PM
but if you fouled Shaq ... versus fouling Kobe, one of them hits their free throws, the other doesn't.

MultiTroll
08-28-2019, 06:46 PM
Kirby thinking it makes himself seem all Black and down to earth when he throws in the occasional ebonics.

"Ain't nothin but love there and we too old to beef anyways."

-Otherwise known as backtracking faggot trying to not sound like Lower Merion Prep faggot.

Spurtacular
08-28-2019, 06:54 PM
Kobe did cost them that 04 finals tbh.

No. They were beat by a superior team, TBQFH.

Spurtacular
08-28-2019, 06:56 PM
Shaq was destroying Ben Wallace, he should have gotten more touches.
But you know, Kobe

Shaq could've averaged 50 and the Lakers still would've lost. The Pistons' game plan was to let him get his and take the other four players out. They did it to perfection.

dbreiden83080
08-28-2019, 07:48 PM
He's admitted he was fat and lazy like 40 times in his career..

Capt Bringdown
08-28-2019, 08:12 PM
Fuck that rapist clown

Chris
08-28-2019, 10:14 PM
If Kobe didn't rape who knows?

Chucho
08-29-2019, 12:55 AM
Kobe is the greatest coat tailer of all time and the best celebrity rapist not in jail right now.

gambit1990
08-29-2019, 01:11 AM
shaq deleted his comments?

tbh, shaq needs more confidence when it comes to him v kobe. shaq respects kobe a lot more than kobe respects shaq.

spurraider21
08-29-2019, 02:13 AM
:lmao kobe literally complaining that he wasn't carried to more rings :lmao

FrostKing
08-29-2019, 02:19 AM
shaq deleted his comments?

tbh, shaq needs more confidence when it comes to him v kobe. shaq respects kobe a lot more than kobe respects shaq.
Shaq has more to lose in a public spat. He is a spokesman for a few brands. His public reputation is far more important to him and rightfully so because he is the closest basketball player to Jordan & Magic in that regard.

Kobe'sAchilles
08-29-2019, 01:33 PM
No. They were beat by a superior team, TBQFH.

Kobe shot 38% from the field and attempted more shots than Shaq who was averaging like 33 and 15 on over 60% shooting. He also played zero defense on Rip Hamilton and let him score at will. Honestly you can say that the Pistons were the better team and I won't argue much bc what I have to say is subjective anyways.

But IMO if you get Shaq more touches then he puts both Wallaces in foul trouble early. That would then force the Pistons to double team when the back up bigs are now guarding Shaq, and that will leave the shooters open for more makeable shots. Granted I know they shot like shit in the finals (To this day I'm still pissed at Fisher bc that bitch shot like 60% from 3 in the last 4 games against us and then shot like 16% from 3 in the finals... Still why I hate Harden and did hate Dirk until 2011 bc I hate when choking faggots go god mode against us and then shit the bed in the finals)

Anyways if Kobe played more within the offense (as I mentioned above) and fed off of Shaq while playing more with a egoless mindset then I think that series would've been a toss up,

phxspurfan
08-29-2019, 02:37 PM
Didn’t watch the 04 finals bc fuck 04. But if this is right and they we’re trying to have 5’2” Ben fucking Wallace guard Shaq, and Kobe instead went on a 4 game chuck fest, that is very believable and yes 04 was the Lakers ring to lose.

ambchang
08-29-2019, 02:47 PM
Kobe did Gods work denying pedo that coattail ring.

Pedo, for what he did to mankind, deserves to be chained to a basement forever. Fact that he’s a millionaire respected by millions of women hating sickos is already way more than what he ever deserves. Him having a ring would prove there’s no God.

Texas_Ranger
08-29-2019, 03:25 PM
a fat out of shape shaq was stil better than the rapist in 04 finals. You should have worked harder Kobe.

Chucho
08-29-2019, 04:04 PM
Kobe did Gods work denying pedo that coattail ring.

Pedo, for what he did to mankind, deserves to be chained to a basement forever. Fact that he’s a millionaire respected by millions of women hating sickos is already way more than what he ever deserves. Him having a ring would prove there’s no God.

Who are you referring to?

FrostKing
08-29-2019, 05:11 PM
Didn’t watch the 04 finals bc fuck 04. But if this is right and they we’re trying to have 5’2” Ben fucking Wallace guard Shaq, and Kobe instead went on a 4 game chuck fest, that is very believable and yes 04 was the Lakers ring to lose.
Lakers did not defend.

Billups, Wallace and Hamilton were in their prime

LkrFan
08-29-2019, 06:15 PM

English is not his 2nd language either. Who knows? :lol

UZER
08-29-2019, 06:32 PM

Malone

Spurtacular
08-29-2019, 06:57 PM
Kobe shot 38% from the field and attempted more shots than Shaq who was averaging like 33 and 15 on over 60% shooting. He also played zero defense on Rip Hamilton and let him score at will. Honestly you can say that the Pistons were the better team and I won't argue much bc what I have to say is subjective anyways.

But IMO if you get Shaq more touches then he puts both Wallaces in foul trouble early. That would then force the Pistons to double team when the back up bigs are now guarding Shaq, and that will leave the shooters open for more makeable shots. Granted I know they shot like shit in the finals (To this day I'm still pissed at Fisher bc that bitch shot like 60% from 3 in the last 4 games against us and then shot like 16% from 3 in the finals... Still why I hate Harden and did hate Dirk until 2011 bc I hate when choking faggots go god mode against us and then shit the bed in the finals)

Anyways if Kobe played more within the offense (as I mentioned above) and fed off of Shaq while playing more with a egoless mindset then I think that series would've been a toss up,

Pistons were routinely up by 30 in games. They were a superior team.

Also :lol that Kobe's Michael Jordan B until he's not with Lakers fans.

As for Shaq's numbers, increased usage rate was likely going to see diminishing returns. But even if he could've somehow kept at that clip and averaged 50, the scheme was as such that one man could not beat them. Kobe's ball hogging only put the Lakers out of games sooner.

To your point on the fouls, Shaq was prone to offensive fouls, too. He gets more usage, he gets tired and he looks for foul short cuts instead of getting to his spot and putting in hooks or drop steps with fluidity. He gets more tired at the defensive end too, and he gets exposed. Indeed, Kobe's hero ball was a sad sight to behold; but the reality is the Lakers suddenly looked really old against a prime and loaded Detroit team that was one of the best of the decade.

ambchang
08-29-2019, 08:56 PM

Malone. There’s a special place in hell for people impregnating 12 year olds and the disowning mother and child until the child amounted to something as a grown up.

baseline bum
08-29-2019, 09:36 PM

The child fucker

https://www.espn.com/espn/page2/story?page=hill/080507

LkrFan
08-29-2019, 11:18 PM
The child fucker

Disgusting. Fuck that guy. :td

ambchang
08-30-2019, 06:23 AM
Dont be mean. I support rapists and pedophiles as long as they help the lakers win :cry

LkrFan
08-30-2019, 07:35 AM
Get help son, before I report you to ICE :lol

ambchang
08-30-2019, 08:55 AM
Get help son, before I report you to ICE :lol

Ice is the last place you want to contact.

LkrFan
08-30-2019, 09:04 AM
Ice is the last place you want to contact.

Tru dat :lmao

LkrFan
08-30-2019, 09:36 AM
https://twitter.com/Ballislife/status/1167392623360991232?s=19

Shaq would have "Load Managed" on company time. :rolleyes

Kobe'sAchilles
08-30-2019, 10:16 AM

Also :lol that Kobe's Michael Jordan B until he's not with Lakers fans.

As for Shaq's numbers, increased usage rate was likely going to see diminishing returns. But even if he could've somehow kept at that clip and averaged 50, the scheme was as such that one man could not beat them. Kobe's ball hogging only put the Lakers out of games sooner.

To your point on the fouls, Shaq was prone to offensive fouls, too. He gets more usage, he gets tired and he looks for foul short cuts instead of getting to his spot and putting in hooks or drop steps with fluidity. He gets more tired at the defensive end too, and he gets exposed. Indeed, Kobe's hero ball was a sad sight to behold; but the reality is the Lakers suddenly looked really old against a prime and loaded Detroit team that was one of the best of the decade.

Makes one wonder how we would've fared. We beat the shit out of Minny for sure and make it to the finals. Duncan wasn't injured that year if I remember correctly. Manu wasn't quite Manu yet and Tony wasn't Tony yet either though both were still good. Turk and Horrys shooting would have had to improve right? :lol (still have nightmares about Horrys wide open game changing 3 at the top of the key and he hits nothing but backboard). Bowen would've been able to stick with Rip though which would've hurt there offense. Rasho would've gotten destroyed by Rasheed but Duncan played phenomenal against Ben Wallace (second most overrated defender ever behind only Dwite; is that how you spell his name?) and Timmy was a monster himself in controlling the paint. Billups destroys Parker but Parker will make Billups actually play D unlike old man Payton or Fisher. Manu v Prince should be a clear Manu victory. I still think we lose in 04 and come back in 05 and beat them

Chucho
08-30-2019, 11:11 AM
The child fucker

God damn, what a piece of shit. My stomach turns wondering how many other pieces of shit there are like Malone in sports, and not even the pedophilia but gutless worms creating babies and blowing their wealth elsewhere instead of their kin.

R. DeMurre
08-30-2019, 11:14 AM

The Pistons won Games 3 & 5 decisively, but the others were in play. In Game 1, the Lakers were up one at the half. Game 2 went to OT. Game 4 was tied after three quarters.

In Game 3, the Pistons were up nine at the half and up 14 after three quarters. They won by 20.
In Game 5, the Pistons were up ten at the half and up 23 after three quarters. The Lakers outscored them by 10 in the 4th.
The Pistons were never up 30 even once the whole series.

The thing I remember most about '04 is Bill Russell predicting a win for the Pistons because of superior D, and other announcers not taking him seriously.

Chucho
08-30-2019, 11:23 AM
Disgusting. Fuck that guy. :td

Damn, the Lakers is where tired, disgusting shitbags go to die. You've had the following this century:

Rapists
Junkies
Pedophiles
Adulterers
Snitches
Basket cases like Bynum and World Peace
Domestic abusers/potential murderer who was replaced by....
A disgruntled ex-players brought back who got their asshole caved in during gay sex and missed a whole season
anndddd....the father of this thing (his association, your L):

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQDmAJmpb9L-jqvYHAhgvkh2IeYTwxSJOh6dqQx8efGEksyLQ1RSA

LkrFan
08-30-2019, 11:36 AM
Damn, the Lakers is where tired, disgusting shitbags go to die. You've had the following this century:

Rapists
Junkies
Pedophiles
Adulterers
Snitches
A disgruntled ex-players brought back who got their asshole caved in during gay sex and missed a whole season

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQDmAJmpb9L-jqvYHAhgvkh2IeYTwxSJOh6dqQx8efGEksyLQ1RSA

Delete this bruh :cry

LkrFan
08-30-2019, 11:36 AM
https://twitter.com/balldontstop/status/1167251145992966144?s=19

^PERIOD

Chucho
08-30-2019, 11:39 AM
Delete this bruh :cry

No llores, mija. It is what it is.

LkrFan
08-30-2019, 11:42 AM
No llores, mija. It is what it is.

baseline bum
08-30-2019, 11:50 AM

Rapists
Junkies
Pedophiles
Adulterers
Snitches

They had a murderer too: Javaris Crittenton.

Spurtacular
08-30-2019, 02:47 PM
Makes one wonder how we would've fared. We beat the shit out of Minny for sure and make it to the finals. Duncan wasn't injured that year if I remember correctly. Manu wasn't quite Manu yet and Tony wasn't Tony yet either though both were still good. Turk and Horrys shooting would have had to improve right? :lol (still have nightmares about Horrys wide open game changing 3 at the top of the key and he hits nothing but backboard). Bowen would've been able to stick with Rip though which would've hurt there offense. Rasho would've gotten destroyed by Rasheed but Duncan played phenomenal against Ben Wallace (second most overrated defender ever behind only Dwite; is that how you spell his name?) and Timmy was a monster himself in controlling the paint. Billups destroys Parker but Parker will make Billups actually play D unlike old man Payton or Fisher. Manu v Prince should be a clear Manu victory. I still think we lose in 04 and come back in 05 and beat them

I think Manu and Tim would've stepped up and had monster series like in 05, and the Spurs would've won and gone back to back. They were on a mission 'til that .04 BS.

05 was much closer than I thought it was going to be. I think the Piston having a ring in their pocket gave them more confidence is why. In fact, Spurs arguably needed some breaks to win that series.

Spurtacular
08-30-2019, 02:52 PM
The Pistons won Games 3 & 5 decisively, but the others were in play. In Game 1, the Lakers were up one at the half. Game 2 went to OT. Game 4 was tied after three quarters.

In Game 3, the Pistons were up nine at the half and up 14 after three quarters. They won by 20.
In Game 5, the Pistons were up ten at the half and up 23 after three quarters. The Lakers outscored them by 10 in the 4th.
The Pistons were never up 30 even once the whole series.

The thing I remember most about '04 is Bill Russell predicting a win for the Pistons because of superior D, and other announcers not taking him seriously.

I call it the five-game sweep. Lakerrefs had to play really hard to engineer that lone W. Then in Detroit, the Lakers just looked like they had no business being there. It was one of the most embarrassing finals ever for a team, tbh.

Chucho
08-30-2019, 02:55 PM
I think Manu and Tim would've stepped up and had monster series like in 05, and the Spurs would've won and gone back to back. They were on a mission 'til that .04 BS.

05 was much closer than I thought it was going to be. I think the Piston having a ring in their pocket gave them more confidence is why. In fact, Spurs arguably needed some breaks to win that series.

Yeah, that 04 squad was better than our 06 team, tbh, as far as which team that should have been part of a B2B but wasn't.

FrostKing
08-30-2019, 03:25 PM

As is usually the case with teams attempting repeat, the Pistons supporting cast was weaker in 2005

LkrFan
08-30-2019, 03:37 PM
They had a murderer too: Javaris Crittenton.

Dayum, forgot about him. He was an LG legend :lol

LkrFan
08-30-2019, 03:46 PM
Spurs got transgressions too

--Their GM is a drunkard :lol
--Their coach is a closet MAGA
--Their best player alone has Merlin Tats, Tramp Stamp, 2004 Bronze Medal (:lmao), payed para mi amigo's gym, got duped in a failed Maybelline scandal for millions, got a tongue ring (:lmao), and only weekend visitation rights to his (?) kids :rollin :lmao :rollin
--Their 2nd best player ever got deported, only to win it all :lol
--Their 3rd best player has a 1988 Bronze Medal :lol
--Their best PG fucked the shit out of his teammates wife :lol

Chucho
08-30-2019, 04:06 PM
Spurs got transgressions too

--Their GM is a drunkard :lol
--Their coach is a closet MAGA
--Their best player alone has Merlin Tats, Tramp Stamp, 2004 Bronze Medal (:lmao), payed para mi amigo's gym, got duped in a failed Maybelline scandal for millions, got a tongue ring (:lmao), and only weekend visitation rights to his (?) kids :rollin :lmao :rollin
--Their 2nd best player ever got deported, only to win it all :lol
--Their 3rd best player has a 1988 Bronze Medal :lol
--Their best PG fucked the shit out of his teammates wife :lol

God damnit, Julio. We're talking about pieces of shit as in criminals, dirty motherfucks. We have 1 drunkard and 1 adulterer. Pop is about as white-cuck apologist as you can get, you're basically lying there. Learn to fully understand the language, Esteban or take your Dickies, your hairnets and your Locs sunglasses right back across that damn border and live with the rest of them dirt-farming, pepper-eating salsa suckers.

Boiled down:

Spurs: 2 pieces of shit
Lakers: countless and growing by the day

LkrFan
08-30-2019, 06:08 PM
God damnit, Julio. We're talking about pieces of shit as in criminals, dirty motherfucks. We have 1 drunkard and 1 adulterer. Pop is about as white-cuck apologist as you can get, you're basically lying there. Learn to fully understand the language, Esteban or take your Dickies, your hairnets and your Locs sunglasses right back across that damn border and live with the rest of them dirt-farming, pepper-eating salsa suckers.

Boiled down:

Bynumite
08-30-2019, 07:39 PM

Boiled down:

:lol @ not mentioning the spurs rapists. Not on my watch :nope

Former spurs guard David Wingate was accused of rape twice in the same week :downspin:

Neal also rapedPERIOD :spin

You have nary room. Spurs standing shoulder to shoulder with the Lakers. The spurs organization so called class is nothing but a bad joke.

Chucho
08-30-2019, 09:49 PM

Former spurs guard David Wingate was accused of rape twice in the same week :downspin:

You have nary room. Spurs standing shoulder to shoulder with the Lakers. The spurs organization so called class is nothing but a bad joke.

Not even close. A few rapists, an adulterer and drunkard < murderers, rapists, snitches, adulterers, pedophiles and Magic's son.

Bynumite
08-30-2019, 09:56 PM
Not even close. A few rapists, an adulterer and drunkard < murderers, rapists, snitches, adulterers, pedophiles and Magic's son.

Just a few rapists :lol

Strong retort :tu

Spurtacular
08-30-2019, 10:33 PM

Not to pile on to your crusade, but I have a foggy recollection of a former Spur in maybe South Texas somewhere being into some heavy stuff; don't remember if it was pedophila, murder, drugs or what....

LkrFan
08-31-2019, 07:22 AM

:lmao

ambchang
08-31-2019, 07:48 AM
https://www.gq.com/story/prime-shaq?utm_source=pocket-newtab

Don't agree with most of the article, but relevant to the topic here.

For one thing, statistics, both advanced and traditional, showed that Shaq is clearly better than Bryant. Outside of very few kobestans, Shaq is still ranked way above Bryant.

Shaq's competition is the Hakeems and Duncans, while Kobe is compared to the Carters and the Garnetts, just two different class of players.

UZER
08-31-2019, 09:29 AM

For one thing, statistics, both advanced and traditional, showed that Shaq is clearly better than Bryant. Outside of very few kobestans, Shaq is still ranked way above Bryant.

Shaq's competition is the Hakeems and Duncans, while Kobe is compared to the Carters and the Garnetts, just two different class of players.

But he did the underbite thingy when he made tough shots. :cry

LkrFan
08-31-2019, 12:46 PM

https://twitter.com/KobeTakes/status/1167855094693539840?s=19

Shhhhh!!

ambchang
08-31-2019, 01:03 PM
https://twitter.com/KobeTakes/status/1167855094693539840?s=19

Shhhhh!!

It used to be "Kobe is the next Jordan!!!!!!!!!!!'
Then it's Kobe can be as good as Duncan
Then it's Kobe was 1a to Shaq's 1
Now: "kobe is better than Bradley Beal!"
In a few years, Kobestans will be like, "You know why Kobe is the best ever, because he was clearly better than Harold Minor".

LkrFan
08-31-2019, 01:17 PM
PPG
Shaq 23.7
Kobe 25.0

RPG
Shaq 10.9
Kobe 5.2

APG
Shaq 2.5
Kobe 4.7

FT%
Shaq 52.7%
Kobe 83.7%

BPG
Shaq 2.3
Kobe 0.5

All-time Scoring Rank
Shaq 8th
Kobe 4th**

Rangs
Shaq 4
Kobe 5

Total GP
Shaq 1,207
Kobe 1,346

All Star Appearances
Shaq 15
Kobe 18

Shaq is the "Most Dominant Ever" but Kobe averaged more points/game - despite Kobe coming fresh out of high school, barely playing his rookie year, and NEVER being the 1st option (rightfully so) when he was a teammate of Shaq. Kobe also sustained his scoring over more games than Shaq. Usually Big Men play longer, but Shaq was lazy.

Shaq averaged more rebounds and blocks, but that's it. Defensively is a whole other level. Kobe runs circles around him. Shaq's scoring was more efficient, but if Kobe didn't defend Ray Allen, Mike Bibby, Jason Kidd, Manure, Reggie Miller, and many many more all star - or even HOF bound guards - as well as put in work offensively, the Lakers DON'T 3peat. For many series the Lakers were "two deep" vs teams that were "too deep" - the 2000 Jail Blazers come to mind. And, Kobe was the defacto PG (love Fish but he didn't run the team, Kobe did).

Kobe is hated by millions of fans that either hated the Lakers and/or fans that "sided" with Shaq in their feud. Shaq played on 6 different teams (including the damn Celtics SMH) in a pathetic attempt to catch and/or surpass Kobe in rangs.

I'm glad it didn't work. Now he'll go to his grave knowing that he fucked up by letting his talent go to waste because he stopped putting in the work. Kobe did, so I will rock with him to the death in this never ending feud between these two knuckleheads. :lol

**Bron is 4th in scoring, but will pass Kobe

LkrFan
08-31-2019, 01:17 PM
It used to be "Kobe is the next Jordan!!!!!!!!!!!'
Then it's Kobe can be as good as Duncan
Then it's Kobe was 1a to Shaq's 1
Now: "kobe is better than Bradley Beal!"
In a few years, Kobestans will be like, "You know why Kobe is the best ever, because he was clearly better than Harold Minor".

Read my next post sucka.

LkrFan
08-31-2019, 01:34 PM
https://twitter.com/Trevor_Lane/status/1167863142128316416?s=19
https://twitter.com/Trevor_Lane/status/1167865915062358016?s=19

ambchang
08-31-2019, 02:24 PM
https://twitter.com/Trevor_Lane/status/1167863142128316416?s=19
https://twitter.com/Trevor_Lane/status/1167865915062358016?s=19

2008-09 season.
Gasol: 126/105 O/Drating
Kobe: 115/106

Gasol: 13.9 WS, .223 WS/48, 3.3 OBPM, 1.7 DBPM, 5.0 BPM, 5.3 VORP
Kobe: 12.7, .206, 4.8, -0.2, 4.5, 4.9

Playoffs:
Gasol: 124/102
Kobe: 117/104

Gasol: 4.3, .221, 3.0, 3.5, 6.5, 2.0
Kobe: 4.7, .238, 6.7, 0.8, 7.5, 2.2

The reason Kobe was able to "go off" is because he played against teams like the Jazz, Rockets, and Nuggets then Magic in the finals. This is about the easiest path to the finals by a team ever.

Kobe was an expert in going off on bad competition to bad his stats. The only time he ever got off against "good" competition was when he did it against geriatric Terry Porter and Steve Smith against the Spurs. Other times? he got outplayed thoroughly by Austin Croshere, Reggie Miller, Rip Hamilton and Paul Pierce.

ambchang
08-31-2019, 02:25 PM
PPG
Shaq 23.7
Kobe 25.0

RPG
Shaq 10.9
Kobe 5.2

APG
Shaq 2.5
Kobe 4.7

FT%
Shaq 52.7%
Kobe 83.7%

BPG
Shaq 2.3
Kobe 0.5

All-time Scoring Rank
Shaq 8th
Kobe 4th**

Rangs
Shaq 4
Kobe 5

Total GP
Shaq 1,207
Kobe 1,346

All Star Appearances
Shaq 15
Kobe 18

Shaq is the "Most Dominant Ever" but Kobe averaged more points/game - despite Kobe coming fresh out of high school, barely playing his rookie year, and NEVER being the 1st option (rightfully so) when he was a teammate of Shaq. Kobe also sustained his scoring over more games than Shaq. Usually Big Men play longer, but Shaq was lazy.

Shaq averaged more rebounds and blocks, but that's it. Defensively is a whole other level. Kobe runs circles around him. Shaq's scoring was more efficient, but if Kobe didn't defend Ray Allen, Mike Bibby, Jason Kidd, Manure, Reggie Miller, and many many more all star - or even HOF bound guards - as well as put in work offensively, the Lakers DON'T 3peat. For many series the Lakers were "two deep" vs teams that were "too deep" - the 2000 Jail Blazers come to mind. And, Kobe was the defacto PG (love Fish but he didn't run the team, Kobe did).

Kobe is hated by millions of fans that either hated the Lakers and/or fans that "sided" with Shaq in their feud. Shaq played on 6 different teams (including the damn Celtics SMH) in a pathetic attempt to catch and/or surpass Kobe in rangs.

I'm glad it didn't work. Now he'll go to his grave knowing that he fucked up by letting his talent go to waste because he stopped putting in the work. Kobe did, so I will rock with him to the death in this never ending feud between these two knuckleheads. :lol

**Bron is 4th in scoring, but will pass Kobe

:lol rewarding Kobe for not passing the ball to Shaq to pad his own stats.

One record nobody can ever surpass Kobe though - Bricks.

LkrFan
08-31-2019, 02:27 PM
:lol rewarding Kobe for not passing the ball to Shaq to pad his own stats.

One record nobody can ever surpass Kobe though - Bricks.

I'll take this post as your concession. Thanks for playing :toast

LkrFan
08-31-2019, 02:31 PM

2008-09 season.
Gasol: 126/105 O/Drating
Kobe: 115/106

Gasol: 13.9 WS, .223 WS/48, 3.3 OBPM, 1.7 DBPM, 5.0 BPM, 5.3 VORP
Kobe: 12.7, .206, 4.8, -0.2, 4.5, 4.9

Playoffs:
Gasol: 124/102
Kobe: 117/104

Gasol: 4.3, .221, 3.0, 3.5, 6.5, 2.0
Kobe: 4.7, .238, 6.7, 0.8, 7.5, 2.2

The reason Kobe was able to "go off" is because he played against teams like the Jazz, Rockets, and Nuggets then Magic in the finals. This is about the easiest path to the finals by a team ever.

Kobe was an expert in going off on bad competition to bad his stats. The only time he ever got off against "good" competition was when he did it against geriatric Terry Porter and Steve Smith against the Spurs. Other times? he got outplayed thoroughly by Austin Croshere, Reggie Miller, Rip Hamilton and Paul Pierce.

Before Kobe boiled down
Shaq 0; lowlight: swept by Dream in Finals
Pau 0; lowlights: 0-12 in playoffs; swept by Jim

After Kobe boiled down
Shaq 1; lowlight: donned a Celtic jersey
Pau 0; lowlight: donned a Spur jersey

Kobe won 3 before Pau and 2 after ShaqPERIOD

That's it, and that's all. :toast

ambchang
08-31-2019, 02:37 PM
I'll take this post as your concession. Thanks for playing :toast

How so? Kobe scored a lot more because he kept shooting and refused to pass to his teammates. It costs his team multiple playoff appearances, and at least one ring.

Before Kobe boiled down
Shaq 0; lowlight: swept by Dream in Finals
Pau 0; lowlights: 0-12 in playoffs; swept by Jim

After Kobe boiled down
Shaq 1; lowlight: donned a Celtic jersey
Pau 0; lowlight: donned a Spur jersey

Kobe won 3 before Pau and 2 after ShaqPERIOD

That's it, and that's all. :toast

Do you want to talk about Kobe's lowlights? It would take a while.

Kobe is a better player because he was on better teams, that's the only move Kobestans have.

LkrFan
08-31-2019, 02:43 PM
How so? Kobe scored a lot more because he kept shooting and refused to pass to his teammates. It costs his team multiple playoff appearances, and at least one ring.

Do you want to talk about Kobe's lowlights? It would take a while.

Kobe is a better player because he was on better teams, that's the only move Kobestans have.

Go for it. Knock yourself out champ :lol

I'm sticking with

Kobe 5
Shaq 4
Pau 2

^ hard to refute facts huh? :lol

ambchang
08-31-2019, 03:28 PM
Go for it. Knock yourself out champ :lol

I'm sticking with

Kobe 5
Shaq 4
Pau 2

Horry 7
Kobe 5

LkrFan
08-31-2019, 03:56 PM
Horry 7
Kobe 5

Nah, not at all in this case. Horry has 0 all star appearances and 0% chance of making it to the Hall of Fame. Bad comparison. -200 points son :lol

ambchang
08-31-2019, 05:41 PM
Nah, not at all in this case. Horry has 0 all star appearances and 0% chance of making it to the Hall of Fame. Bad comparison. -200 points son :lol

When is that a criteria? You just came up with that?

Sam Jones 10, HoFer. 5x allstar.
Kobe 5

Sam Jones twice as good as kobe.

LkrFan
08-31-2019, 05:42 PM
When is that a criteria? You just came up with that?

Sam Jones 10, HoFer. 5x allstar.
Kobe 5

Sam Jones twice as good as kobe.

I'm not talking to you anymore about Kobe :lol

ambchang
08-31-2019, 08:37 PM
I'm not talking to you anymore about Kobe :lol

I accept your surrender.

Thread
08-31-2019, 08:39 PM
I accept your surrender.

Hey, fart-face.

BD24
08-31-2019, 10:03 PM
Hey, fart-face.

ambchang
08-31-2019, 10:59 PM
Hey, fart-face.

What are you doing here. Chickenshit.

Thread
08-31-2019, 11:17 PM
What are you doing here. Chickenshit.

You're the one who didn't show up after Florida. I stood here by myself.
I'm the one who showed up a year later when you won your 5th for the 2nd time.

Me.

ambchang
09-01-2019, 05:08 AM
You're the one who didn't show up after Florida. I stood here by myself.
I'm the one who showed up a year later when you won your 5th for the 2nd time.

Me.

Bullshit. I’m here through and through. Show me my login history and the hole after Florida.

Thread
09-01-2019, 05:23 AM
Bullshit. I’m here through and through. Show me my login history and the hole after Florida.

You may have signed in, but, that don't count for shit, son. You would not engage. You were on your own couch, in a fetal position, in misery, crying, chafing, with heavy diaper, instead of coming in here and engaging your Cubby, your loyal opposition, your betters.

A year later, when I lost & you finally won your 5th, for the 2nd time I didn't leave. I laid down one of the greatest counter attacks in the history of the Internet. Over a 1,000 posts in about 24 hours lamenting my misery, my disappointment, my heartbreak.

Because that's, the kinda guy I am. I wear my heart on my sleeve. There's no deceit, what you see.........it's what you get. Honesty, Caucasian in the highest tradition, a renaissance man.

You didn't show up, none of ya's did. I understood. I never threw it in your face when ya's straggled in a fortnight later. You were beat up, & rough looking like you'd been livin' in your cars. I didn't jump on ya's. I coddled ya's, passed around the tin can, took a collection, matched it, still waiting on Splits to make good on his match. I'll remain old & gray before that happens, but, that's neither here, nor there. That cheap SOB, Splits. I could tell you tales about his cheapness that would curl your toes, that SOB.

No. You guys didn't show at your loss. I showed at your victory.

Me.

ambchang
09-01-2019, 07:46 AM
You may have signed in, but, that don't count for shit, son. You would not engage. You were on your own couch, in a fetal position, in misery, crying, chafing, with heavy diaper, instead of coming in here and engaging your Cubby, your loyal opposition, your betters.

A year later, when I lost & you finally won your 5th, for the 2nd time I didn't leave. I laid down one of the greatest counter attacks in the history of the Internet. Over a 1,000 posts in about 24 hours lamenting my misery, my disappointment, my heartbreak.

Because that's, the kinda guy I am. I wear my heart on my sleeve. There's no deceit, what you see.........it's what you get. Honesty, Caucasian in the highest tradition, a renaissance man.

You didn't show up, none of ya's did. I understood. I never threw it in your face when ya's straggled in a fortnight later. You were beat up, & rough looking like you'd been livin' in your cars. I didn't jump on ya's. I coddled ya's, passed around the tin can, took a collection, matched it, still waiting on Splits to make good on his match. I'll remain old & gray before that happens, but, that's neither here, nor there. That cheap SOB, Splits. I could tell you tales about his cheapness that would curl your toes, that SOB.

No. You guys didn't show at your loss. I showed at your victory.

Me.

I was here. I engaged. I posted.

Thread
09-01-2019, 10:59 AM
I was here. I engaged. I posted.

No, you didn't.

But, you guys were hurtin' for certain. I been there. Well, not quite there-there. They've never sold my shit. But, I treated ya's decent & kind & loving when ya's finally did come stragglin' in.

ambchang
09-01-2019, 02:19 PM
No, you didn't.

But, you guys were hurtin' for certain. I been there. Well, not quite there-there. They've never sold my shit. But, I treated ya's decent & kind & loving when ya's finally did come stragglin' in.

Prove it. Don't use general statements like "you guys". I am one person.
Don't just say you remembered, no you didn't. You can't even tell I was one person or just one of a group.

On the other hand, you, on record, went into the hiding room when things get tough.

You vamoosed after 5.

Thread
09-01-2019, 02:19 PM
Prove it. Don't use general statements like "you guys". I am one person.
Don't just say you remembered, no you didn't. You can't even tell I was one person or just one of a group.

I don't have to prove it. I know it to be true. That's enough for me.

ambchang
09-01-2019, 02:23 PM
I don't have to prove it. I know it to be true. That's enough for me.

But I know it is false.

Allan Rowe vs Wade
09-01-2019, 02:27 PM
kobes parents were selling his shit

/thread
/forum
/cubby

Thread
09-01-2019, 02:28 PM
kobes parents were selling his shit

/thread
/forum
/cubby

Florida

Thread
09-01-2019, 02:28 PM
But I know it is false.

More power to ya, amb.

ambchang
09-01-2019, 02:47 PM
More power to ya, amb.

Ditto, just that you are living in a lie.

If that's what you need to find peace so be it.

It happens.

I don't need anything to find peace. I do know you aren't resting in peace though.

Thread
09-01-2019, 03:02 PM
Ditto, just that you are living in a lie.

I don't need anything to find peace. I do know you aren't resting in peace though.

...true, & I don't portend to. I don't my hide my shit. It's my religion.

Allan Rowe vs Wade
09-01-2019, 04:19 PM
Florida

“Then you’re selling my shit?”

http://www.espn.com/espn/feature/story/_/id/15232286/former-lakers-star-kobe-bryant-left-nba-just-getting-started

Thread
09-01-2019, 04:21 PM
http://www.espn.com/espn/feature/story/_/id/15232286/former-lakers-star-kobe-bryant-left-nba-just-getting-started

Equating that to Florida is silly, Allan.

Get a hold of yourself, son.

Allan Rowe vs Wade
09-01-2019, 04:23 PM
tbh me and mrs bean sr did later apologize for selling the shit that they sold

ambchang
09-01-2019, 08:14 PM
...true, & I don't portend to. I don't my hide my shit. It's my religion.

I accept your surrender.

Thread
09-01-2019, 08:39 PM
I accept your surrender.

I thought you walked tall, to an extent.

I was mistaken.

ambchang
09-01-2019, 08:57 PM
I thought you walked tall, to an extent.

I was mistaken.

No need defending yourself. It’s your religion.

TDfan2007
09-07-2019, 03:53 PM
It's official, Kobe has broken our boy amb :lol

This is like arguing that David was greater than Shaq or Hakeem, or that KG was greater than Timmy. They're all great players, but the top 10-15 all-time greats broke through adversity and got it done in the playoffs.

ambchang
09-10-2019, 09:24 AM
It's official, Kobe has broken our boy amb :lol

This is like arguing that David was greater than Shaq or Hakeem, or that KG was greater than Timmy. They're all great players, but the top 10-15 all-time greats broke through adversity and got it done in the playoffs.

I’d put kobe in the top 15 but apparently you won’t. I mean, game 7 quit, asked for trade, three everyone under the bus. Certainly not breaking through adversity.

But through circumstances and manipulation of media, he got into the top 15, but just barely.