PDA

View Full Version : [Video] Spurs Stories: Derrick White

spursparker9
09-02-2019, 09:19 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1X1XHbcdIq4

DW > Murray > Walker

spursparker9
09-02-2019, 09:23 AM
lol Derrick White's reaction to when he learnt that he was drafted by the Spurs is similar to Kyle Anderson.

JuneJive
09-02-2019, 09:51 AM
He is well adjusted. Good on him.

Perfect Spur, i agree.

ZeusWillJudge
09-02-2019, 10:12 AM
lol Derrick White's reaction to when he learnt that he was drafted by the Spurs is similar to Kyle Anderson.

Heh. I was watching that steal and fast break somewhere around 7:30, and it made me think of Anderson. That poor bastard couldn't get far enough in front of a defender to keep from getting run down from behind.

He's got to be one of the biggest over-achievers I've ever seen. But you look at that picture of him on draft night, and he really looked like such a baby. Maybe he's just an extreme late bloomer. Whatever - it's still amazing that the Spurs decided to spend a first round pick on him. People can say what they want, but the Spurs are the best at spotting potential.

Good video.

John B
09-02-2019, 11:39 AM
Love to root for this kid, grounded, but maybe too humble and unassuming that Pop maybe wants him to realize that he belongs. I think that’s why Pop probably pulled string to get him on the USA team, and Derrick deserves it. Make him an alpha mentality, distribute but when the time comes, take over games, close it. This experience with the USA team will do wonders to his confidence and plays. I can’t wait!

John B
09-02-2019, 11:39 AM
Love to root for this kid, grounded, but maybe too humble and unassuming that Pop maybe wants him to realize that he belongs. I think that’s why Pop probably pulled string to get him on the USA team, and Derrick deserves it. Make him an alpha mentality, distribute but when the time comes, take over games, close it. This experience with the USA team will do wonders to his confidence and plays. I can’t wait. Thanks for posting.

wildbill2u
09-03-2019, 01:04 PM
There are some players where the Spurs are the perfect fit for them coming into the league. Whatever you think off Kwahi's departure, I still think we were the best team for him to come to as a rookie. White's progress has been fast and well beyond what most of us saw in him at first.

If a player is willing to work on his skills, the Spurs coaching staff seems to be the best in the league at bringing them to a peak. Vets that come here talk about how they aren't just left to do the things that they originally brought to the league, but how the staff keeps honing those skills and encouraging them to develop new ones.

Yogatti
09-03-2019, 01:53 PM
hope he wins MIP this season:tu

cutewizard
09-06-2019, 06:31 AM
The heir to the LIONHEART throne of Manu

cutewizard
09-06-2019, 06:33 AM
Love to root for this kid, grounded, but maybe too humble and unassuming that Pop maybe wants him to realize that he belongs. I think that’s why Pop probably pulled string to get him on the USA team, and Derrick deserves it. Make him an alpha mentality, distribute but when the time comes, take over games, close it. This experience with the USA team will do wonders to his confidence and plays. I can’t wait!

Totally agree