PDA

View Full Version : future of spider man

gambit1990
09-02-2019, 10:28 PM
fuck disney.

sony: put the future spider man films in the hands of who was involved with into the spider verse. i am not a comic book fan since i'm not a teenager anymore but that movie was really refreshing and took risks.

instead of rebooting, the current spider man could reference the avenger stuff as being in his original universe. now he's somewhere(s) else.

DO NOT merge this spider man with the venom movie. have never seen it and never will but it looks shitty af.

sony owns the best villains playing with universes means other (better) venoms.

Xevious
09-02-2019, 10:43 PM
They're going to have to come with something really special for me to have even a smidge of interest tbh.

Xevious
09-02-2019, 10:48 PM
They'll likely just merge Venom and Holland Spiderman. They won't contradict, but just ignore the MCU stuff. It'll be bland as fuck.

Reck
09-02-2019, 10:51 PM
They'll likely just merge Venom and Holland Spiderman. They won't contradict, but just ignore the MCU stuff. It'll be bland as fuck.

It wasn't before so why would that change now? Because Sony is not Marvel Studios?

Sony made Spider Man work first way back in like 2002.

lefty
09-02-2019, 11:24 PM
As much as I like the MCU, let’s not act they do everything right and that Sony fucks everything up

Kevin Feige fans are worse than MJ fans

Raimi’s Spiderman movies were great

spurraider21
09-02-2019, 11:29 PM
As much as I like the MCU, let’s not act they do everything right and that Sony fucks everything up

66.6% of them, at least

FrostKing
09-02-2019, 11:34 PM
What is a "spider man"

gambit1990
09-02-2019, 11:39 PM
i tend to agree.

sony should really recognize the success of of spider verse and listen to what those creatives have to say.

gambit1990
09-02-2019, 11:44 PM
66.6% of them, at least
:tu

haven't seen them since i was younger but wow... just realized that series was like batman... first raimi / nolan was good, second was really good. third was awful.

(nolan > raimi obviously)

spurraider21
09-02-2019, 11:47 PM
What is a "spider man"
you are too cool for school bro!

Xevious
09-03-2019, 12:20 AM
It wasn't before so why would that change now? Because Sony is not Marvel Studios?

Sony made Spider Man work first way back in like 2002.
Because we've already had five non-Marvel Spiderman films, not counting Spiderverse. I don't mean to say that they weren't any good, some were very good... I'm just not interested in seeing more of them, epecially if Venom is any indicator of what we have to look forward to.

Xevious
09-03-2019, 12:34 AM
Also to add... I kind of like the Spiderverse ideas, bringing in Maguire and Garfield. I'd rather see them do something creative than just a Venom merger.

Reck
09-03-2019, 12:39 AM
Also to add... I kind of like the Spiderverse ideas, bringing in Maguire and Garfield. I'd rather see them do something creative than just a Venom merger.

Meh I'd rather see a standalone film about Spider Man than watch another Marvel made movie that will require you to watch like 10 other movies just to keep up with the story.

Xevious
09-03-2019, 12:46 AM
Meh I'd rather see a standalone film about Spider Man than watch another Marvel made movie that will require you to watch like 10 other movies just to keep up with the story.
Fair point. I'm just not interested in seeing a different actor in the same suit battle the same old tired villains another time. Sony has the opportunity to do something different here... they won't though.

Millennial_Messiah
09-05-2019, 02:09 AM
OP is a faggot

lefty
09-05-2019, 07:25 AM
66.6% of them, at least
The 3rd wasn’t Raimi’s IIRC
Or they didn’t let him do his thing

cd021
09-05-2019, 10:20 AM

The Raimi trilogy is borderline unwatchable imo. I'm curious as to why you like them.

Thought Franko's acting was comically bad, McGuire was stiff as a board, only Dunst was serviceable. Spiderman 1 was boring with an odd costume design for the Green Goblin,

2 was a lot better but that was because the Doc Oc- Spider-Man fight scenes still holdup.

Spider-Man 3 is on par with Venom as worst Marvel movie of the 2000s. Sony really fucked up Venom, just a brutal watch.

spurraider21
09-05-2019, 11:32 AM
The 3rd wasn’t Raimi’s IIRC
Or they didn’t let him do his thing
Yeah I’ve read about that too. But nobody forced him to make “that scene” with Parker on the street

LaMarcus Bryant
09-05-2019, 12:56 PM
The Raimi trilogy is borderline unwatchable imo. I'm curious as to why you like them.

Thought Franko's acting was comically bad, McGuire was stiff as a board, only Dunst was serviceable. Spiderman 1 was boring with an odd costume design for the Green Goblin,

2 was a lot better but that was because the Doc Oc- Spider-Man fight scenes still holdup.

Spider-Man 3 is on par with Venom as worst Marvel movie of the 2000s. Sony really fucked up Venom, just a brutal watch.

Dunst's wet tits in spiderman 1 was dope

Reck
09-05-2019, 02:48 PM

Ironically enough, you disliked what worked for the first two movies and liked what didn't.

Kirsten Dunst was a boring Jane and for the most part didn't do a thing of significance in the trilogy.

Reck
09-05-2019, 02:53 PM
Dunst's wet tits in spiderman 1 was dope

All I remember from her was that they had to whitened her teeth on a billboard for the movie because her real ones were fucked up or some shit. lol

Pavlov
09-05-2019, 03:27 PM
Spider-Man 3 would been pretty good without Venom and everything that went along with it. I have no idea why Sony was in such a hurry to stuff all that shit in there. Unnecessary Uncle Ben link aside, Sandman was a decent bad guy on his own compared to most Marvel villains and the effects hold up.

spurraider21
09-05-2019, 03:40 PM
Spider-Man 3 would been pretty good without Venom and everything that went along with it. I have no idea why Sony was in such a hurry to stuff all that shit in there. Unnecessary Uncle Ben link aside, Sandman was a decent bad guy on his own compared to most Marvel villains and the effects hold up.
except at the end he just... goes away... and is still powered and dangerous :lol

Pavlov
09-05-2019, 03:56 PM
except at the end he just... goes away... and is still powered and dangerous :lolI remember it as pretty ambiguous. He didn't have a reason to be bad anymore. Was he just leaving or was he effectively killing himself?

koriwhat
09-05-2019, 05:58 PM
are yall not sick of children's picture books as movies yet? :lmao

Pavlov
09-05-2019, 06:10 PM
are yall not sick of children's picture books as movies yet? :lmaoAre you not sick of taking drugs?

Reck
09-05-2019, 06:25 PM

Koriwhat thinks he's too adult to watch Spider Man into the spider verse. :lol

koriwhat
09-05-2019, 06:27 PM
Koriwhat thinks he's too adult to watch Spider Man into the spider verse. :lol

nah, some are good but it's def the end of hollywood no doubt. they've been riding the comic book movie gravy train for some time now. burn hollywood burn!

spurraider21
09-05-2019, 08:51 PM
nah, some are good but it's def the end of hollywood no doubt. they've been riding the comic book movie gravy train for some time now. burn hollywood burn!
comic book movies have been making more money than ever

cd021
09-06-2019, 01:00 AM
Ironically enough, you disliked what worked for the first two movies and liked wdhat didn't.

Kirsten Dunst was a boring Jane and for the most part didn't do a thing of significance in the trilogy.

Wait so you liked the bad acting and weird Green Goblin costume that featured spray painted air Jordan's, and boring and straight forward story telling?

Reck
09-06-2019, 02:27 AM
Wait so you liked the bad acting and weird Green Goblin costume that featured spray painted air Jordan's, and boring and straight forward story telling?

For it's time it was enough. I actually appreciate the basic approach to those films. Lots of practicality from the costume to the stunts.

These days they combine CGI costumes with the ones they actually have to wear.

I dont know what you expect from a comic book movie? Deep storylines? We dont even get that right now. Personally I watch for the crazy action. If I want a complex story, I'd holla at Christopher Nolan some.

How Raimi's Spider Man movies get shit on when they were the ones who opened the doors wide open for studios like Marvel and DC to come in and make a zillion movies (And money) is beyond my comprehension.

cd021
09-06-2019, 07:29 AM
For it's time it was enough. I actually appreciate the basic approach to those films. Lots of practicality from the costume to the stunts.

These days they combine CGI costumes with the ones they actually have to wear.

I dont know what you expect from a comic book movie? Deep storylines? We dont even get that right now. Personally I watch for the crazy action. If I want a complex story, I'd holla at Christopher Nolan some.

How Raimi's Spider Man movies get shit on when they were the ones who opened the doors wide open for studios like Marvel and DC to come in and make a zillion movies (And money) is beyond my comprehension.

People making the trilogy out to be something that it isn't is beyond my comprehension. Just because it was fine for the time which it came out doesn't mean that it was a good franchise.

Many comic book movies have had much more complex and deep stories and forms of story telling with better action sequences and acting, I don't think that's a reason to praise Raimi's trilogy.

I doubt that his trilogy had any real baring on the MCUs success tbh, why didn't the trilogy open the doors for Hulk, Daredevil, and those 2 Fantastic 4 movies?

Reck
09-06-2019, 07:54 AM
People making the trilogy out to be something that it isn't is beyond my comprehension. Just because it was fine for the time which it came out doesn't mean that it was a good franchise.

Many comic book movies have had much more complex and deep stories and forms of story telling with better action sequences and acting, I don't think that's a reason to praise Raimi's trilogy.

I doubt that his trilogy had any real baring on the MCUs success tbh, why didn't the trilogy open the doors for Hulk, Daredevil, and those 2 Fantastic 4 movies?

I hated the third movie. Just letting that out there.

By no means am I saying these sets of movies were the greatest ever. But they were good, solid.

And I'm speaking in general. The first spider man movie proved you can make adequate superhero movies without it being super complex or strictly made for a niche group. I'm speaking in broad terms when I said "open" the doors like The Matrix did for the Scifi genre.

Pavlov
09-06-2019, 08:28 AM
Uh, looking at the next Sony movie, I may have to take back my cautious optimism. Why do people keep giving Jared Leto money?

lefty
09-06-2019, 11:49 AM

Spidey 3 was awful

Lol at emo Parker and lol casting Topher Grace

Topher was great as Eric Forman, but other than that role he sucks

koriwhat
09-06-2019, 01:47 PM
comic book movies have been making more money than ever

yeah and pet rocks were a huge hit at one time too as well as beanie babies. your point?

spurraider21
09-06-2019, 01:51 PM
yeah and pet rocks were a huge hit at one time too as well as beanie babies. your point?
endgame just set a record for most gross revenue. the point is that there is no fatigue from viewers yet. its not slowing down anytime soon

koriwhat
09-06-2019, 01:55 PM
endgame just set a record for most gross revenue. the point is that there is no fatigue from viewers yet. its not slowing down anytime soon

mindless entertainment is what the masses seek tbh. the more action, less thinking, the better. i understand their value but damn i am just sick of looking at the marquee and seeing nothing but comics these days just like turning on the tv and having a 10+yr hangover from shit realityTv.

spurraider21
09-06-2019, 02:17 PM
mindless entertainment is what the masses seek tbh. the more action, less thinking, the better. i understand their value but damn i am just sick of looking at the marquee and seeing nothing but comics these days just like turning on the tv and having a 10+yr hangover from shit realityTv.
nobody says you have to like it tbh... but why do you take issue with other people liking it?

koriwhat
09-06-2019, 02:18 PM
nobody says you have to like it tbh... but why do you take issue with other people liking it?

i don't necessarily. i just don't understand mainstream mentality i suppose. i don't like pop music and i don't really care for cheesy kid comics.

spurraider21
09-06-2019, 02:22 PM
i don't necessarily.

burn hollywood burn!
:lol

koriwhat
09-06-2019, 02:26 PM
:lol

asking if people are sick of comic movies isn't telling them to stop watching them. watch them but i'll continue to bitch that hollywood is in the dumps regardless.

as for "burn hollywood burn" yes i hope hollywood crashes and burns. not only the studios but the pol ideology too.

Xevious
09-06-2019, 06:34 PM
Not to derail the shit-talking...

But Sony came out and said that "the door is shut" for a Marvel deal and confirmed that Spiderman will join the Venom-verse. They also said that they are working on six Spider/Venom/Sony-verse tv shows. It sounds to me that Sony was counting on Spiderman being a temporary loaner all along.