PDA

View Full Version : "Though your dreams be tossed and blown"

Thread
09-03-2019, 03:07 PM
A short story by Dale Robinson

In the prime there, there in the '60's Lewis was actually beautiful; trim, hair all blacked, bathed with the Pomade & flawlessly slicked back. He was a sight on those weekends as we waited school starting on the Tuesday to come. A respite from the nerves of having to change from grade school to junior high & then to high school. One was able to get lost in the drum roll as the amount grew as it always did.

I remember one Labor Day his son came & performed. The wife was nearby, seated front row & she was flat eared & tight lipped, looking spears thru her husband. She'd about had enough.

& then after she'd had enough Lewis & his new wife + Davis, Jr. & his Altovise did the Telethon as a foursome, performing all manner of singing, dancing & acting. It was fabulous!!! They worked their buns off for that, bless their hearts.

& then sometimes, well, most times for me, I'd get mixed up, or, had to do something for mom & dad, "Now, Dale, now!" & I'd miss (((the song))) at the end of it. There was no VCR then---I was just out of luck.

"Did I miss it?"
"Yeah, you missed it, and it was good." my brother.

And then bedtime & in the dark I'd envision that first day in that new school...for hours, till daylight. & my dad, on his way to the factory in those dark, olive colored work pants would come into my bedroom & straighten my blankets from the foot of my bed as I'd portend to sleep.

That was his way of telling me how much he loved me.

---the end---

Thread
09-03-2019, 03:10 PM
https://www.denverpost.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/lewis-listing.jpg

Thread
09-03-2019, 03:12 PM
https://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--OWk0i7I---/c_fill,fl_progressive,g_center,h_900,q_80,w_1600/dedzqwyfddpacd99anct.jpg

baseline bum
09-03-2019, 03:25 PM
俺のクローゼットの中にユダヤ人が二人だ。両方とも死んでいる。

Thread
09-03-2019, 03:32 PM
俺のクローゼットの中にユダヤ人が二人だ。両方とも死んでいる。

Don't paw at me, fart-face, I'm waxing nostalgic.

baseline bum
09-03-2019, 03:59 PM
Don't paw at me, fart-face, I'm waxing nostalgic.

お前はお母さんとまだお風呂に入っている?その臭いマンコが大好きだ?死ね変態。

Spurs Homer
09-03-2019, 04:57 PM
Lol

”story”

Reck
09-03-2019, 04:58 PM
お前はお母さんとまだお風呂に入っている?その臭いマンコが大好きだ?死ね変態。

Lol

”story”

Thread
09-03-2019, 05:35 PM
Lol

”story”

Don't be jealous, fart-face, you too, back stabber above.