PDA

View Full Version : ESPN Deportes...Peak Manu is better than Peak Kawhi.

apalisoc_9
09-05-2019, 01:46 AM
Do you believe this?

Pavlov
09-05-2019, 01:58 AM
Don't care.

Someone in the NBA Forum might.

TimmyBuckets
09-05-2019, 03:32 AM
That's obvious.

spurspl
09-05-2019, 04:25 AM
no way

monty4329
09-05-2019, 05:30 AM
Clearly not.

But I'll still pick Manu. Obviously.

weeks
09-05-2019, 08:22 AM
Manu is better at certain things and has far more charisma...
but better than kawhi? this is blasphemy... this is madness...why, i'd even go so far as to say this is spartaaaaaa

Spurtacular
09-05-2019, 08:38 AM
Weak Apple Bottom Fag weaker than weak Dabom, tbh.

daslicer
09-05-2019, 09:06 AM
Waiting for the Manutards to come in here.

dbreiden83080
09-05-2019, 09:49 AM
Hate Leonard..

But that would be a no...

BD24
09-05-2019, 10:01 AM
Notice how the faggot didn’t post a link :lol

I wouldn’t be surprised if this is completely made up by op tbh

Brazil
09-05-2019, 10:14 AM
That's actually a good question tbh... Peak Manu is a monster.
If you consider 04-05 POs being peak for Manu and Kawhi POs last year as his peak, you have some food for debate imho. I exclude here RS as the load management is deforming a bit the data for both.
Overall Kawhi has some better raw stats but this is also linked to high usage, Manu has to share the ball with 2 other HAFers who were also on their prime, Kawhi carried more load for Toronto, Kawhi usage was at 32, Manu at 26. Now for PER, w/s per 48, vrop it is pretty close.

Globally, I believe Kawhi is a better defender but after his injury he became more pedestrian. Probably 04-05 Manu was a better defender than last year Kawhi but I'd say this one goes to Kawhi. In terms of scoring both very efficient and very difficult to defend, ppg is result of mpg and usage now as playmaking Manu is by far better.

So I don't see a clear argument for one way or another. In today's NBA dominated by SFs you would pick Kawhi tho.

Crazymaddopeyo
09-05-2019, 10:32 AM
no link

FkLA
09-05-2019, 01:42 PM
That's actually a good question tbh... Peak Manu is a monster.
If you consider 04-05 POs being peak for Manu and Kawhi POs last year as his peak, you have some food for debate imho. I exclude here RS as the load management is deforming a bit the data for both.
Overall Kawhi has some better raw stats but this is also linked to high usage, Manu has to share the ball with 2 other HAFers who were also on their prime, Kawhi carried more load for Toronto, Kawhi usage was at 32, Manu at 26. Now for PER, w/s per 48, vrop it is pretty close.

Globally, I believe Kawhi is a better defender but after his injury he became more pedestrian. Probably 04-05 Manu was a better defender than last year Kawhi but I'd say this one goes to Kawhi. In terms of scoring both very efficient and very difficult to defend, ppg is result of mpg and usage now as playmaking Manu is by far better.

So I don't see a clear argument for one way or another. In today's NBA dominated by SFs you would pick Kawhi tho.

Yeah, apa probably made it up but it's not as clear cut as some people are making it out to be.

04-05 Manu also went up against the defending champs, with one of the most dominant defenses of all-time and there's a legitimate argument for him being the FMVP that series. Nephew took down a crippled GS team. Tbf we've never seen Nephew dominate a truly historic team/defense.

phxspurfan
09-05-2019, 01:46 PM
Apo starts a Kawhi thread in the Spurs forum!

dabom6
09-05-2019, 02:37 PM
Peak manu shits on guy that cant even wipe his own ass. hater :lmao :lmao

Emperor
09-05-2019, 02:53 PM
How would '19 Kawhi fare against '05 Pistons defense? Manu sliced n diced through all them and was all over the place. Kawhi wasn't as mobile during the finals and would have to rely on pure strength which he has but would likely tire him out against a defense like Detroit.

ducks
09-05-2019, 03:09 PM
Clearly not.

But I'll still pick Manu. Obviously.

Why?
Because he goes all out ?
Leonard has more talent

DAF86
09-05-2019, 03:32 PM
Peak Manu in today's league is a top 10 or top 5 player in the league right now, easily. I don't know if that's enough to be better than Kawhi.

Manu would be a much better leader and playmaker though.

spurraider21
09-05-2019, 03:50 PM
nope

Proxy
09-05-2019, 04:54 PM
Manu gives you the extra pg/playmaking for the lineup, extra coach and leader, fuels a motion offense better than Kawhi. Manu's talent ceiling is lower but he made up for it with his play style and decision making and effort. Kawhi is skilled and physically talented enough to not take those risks to play his game. They're both clutch and both have great bbIQ. Manu's a good defender but there's no comparison to peak Kawhi.

Do Spurs beat the 05 Pistons switching Manu for Kawhi?... taking into account that era's basketball style/rules, opponent/matchups

cd021
09-05-2019, 04:55 PM
Kawhi's better in his prime than Manu tbh, as much as I hate to credit nephew.

apalisoc_9
09-05-2019, 05:07 PM
Don't care.

Someone in the NBA Forum might.

Cmon pav, manu is an all time great spur

apalisoc_9
09-05-2019, 05:09 PM
intresting takes.

In big pools in realgm, reddit etc. Kawhi is now the best player in the league.

yall think Manu can be the best player in the nba today?

intresting.

r0drig0lac
09-05-2019, 05:57 PM
lmao

Barfunk
09-05-2019, 07:23 PM
Fuck yeah. Go back watch the shit. Peak Manu>>>>>>>

DAF86
09-05-2019, 08:39 PM
intresting takes.

In big pools in realgm, reddit etc. Kawhi is now the best player in the league.

intresting.

Many folks think Harden is the best player in the NBA right now. Manu is Harden plus clutchness, defense and healthy leadership.

Play Boban
09-05-2019, 09:24 PM
Do you believe this?
Yes. Manu didn’t Kawhit on his team tbh.

blizz
09-05-2019, 09:40 PM
We never saw what manu could do as THE man with starter minutes. We saw glimpses of it like the Phoenix game but we were robbed of seeing how great this guy was. Don’t underestimate him. Kawhi plays D and WAS good at it. Offensively and at playmaking and hitting clutch shots. No comparison. Manu, hands down.

apalisoc_9
09-05-2019, 10:49 PM
Many folks think Harden is the best player in the NBA right now. Manu is Harden plus clutchness, defense and healthy leadership.

thats a lie. no one thinks like that.

Lebrob-KD-Kawhi unanimously own that tittle

Spurtacular
09-06-2019, 02:58 AM
We never saw what manu could do as THE man with starter minutes. We saw glimpses of it like the Phoenix game but we were robbed of seeing how great this guy was. Don’t underestimate him. Kawhi plays D and WAS good at it. Offensively and at playmaking and hitting clutch shots. No comparison. Manu, hands down.

FUCKING GREGG.

r0drig0lac
09-06-2019, 09:19 AM
thats a lie. no one thinks like that.

Lebrob-KD-Kawhi unanimously own that tittle

this

Ed Helicopter Jones
09-06-2019, 09:52 AM
Manu was crazy good at his peak. But he and Kawhi have much different games, and roles, so it's really hard to compare the two. If I'm building a team, and picking one of the two in their prime, I'm going with Manu primarily because I'd have no fucking clue at any point what's going through Kawhi's mind at any point. Catering to him and his uncle would be exhausting. Manu was about team, Kawhi's about building his legacy.

Brazil
09-06-2019, 10:43 AM

This question does not make a lot of sense... today's league is very different than Manu peak era.

League is dominated by SFs Durant, Lebron, Kawhi... building around pg/sg like harden, westbrook don't work like in the late 90's early 00's you needed a dominant big. Now is Kawhi the best in today nba ? arguable.. a healthy GSW would have won against this toronto team.. Healthy Durant is as dominant as Kawhi tbh

Defensively you give the point to Kawhi
In terms of scoring it's for me a wash when you factor minutes, usage, efficiency, in terms of playmaking there is no real debate. Overall it is more complicated to defend peak manu than peak kawhi

mo7888
09-06-2019, 11:23 AM
It's close...closer tham most want to admit..

Arcadian
09-06-2019, 11:29 AM
It's actually a close call. They have very different styles, so difficult to compare, but similar overall impact.

urunobili
09-06-2019, 11:42 AM

Yet that gave us more years of Manu... I'm grateful for what both gave the Spurs. We don't know if we have seen Kawhi at his best yet. So this is a premature comparison...

Yogatti
09-06-2019, 12:38 PM
Manu is great but he is not better than Kawhi Leonard. Put Manu on the 2019 Raptors team, do you really think he can lead that team to the championship the way Kawhi did? Of course not, stop being silly :nope

dabom6
09-06-2019, 01:44 PM
Retired washed up Manu shits all over the warriettes. Peak fucking Manu would shit all over a healthy warriettes team. :lmao

dabom6
09-06-2019, 01:48 PM
People that started watching basketball this summer.:lol

dabom6
09-06-2019, 01:53 PM
Playing in the east. Lebitch can't even make playoffs in west. :lmao

ZeusWillJudge
09-06-2019, 03:03 PM
Articles that compare players from different eras, and at different positions are the stupidest of all. That makes for the worst threads of all.

I know Manu and Kawhi overlapped a little, but Manu's prime was long over, and we may or may not have seen Kawhi's prime yet. The way the game is played and called evolved between the two, and the two are sure as hell different positions/styles. You can't win an argument like that. Hell, you can't even score any points in an argument like that. Waste of damn time, even in the buttcrack between SL and preseason.

ZeusWillJudge
09-06-2019, 03:17 PM
We never saw what manu could do as THE man with starter minutes. We saw glimpses of it like the Phoenix game but we were robbed of seeing how great this guy was.

That's because neither of them were better than Tim Duncan. Everybody played a support role, when Tim was still Tim. If Kawhi was playing on a team with a prime Tim Duncan, you wouldn't recognize him or his stat lines. That's just fact.

You can't compare their overall games. But I can say this without hesitation: if my team is down by one or two points, with eight seconds on the clock, there aren't many players in the history of the league that I would rather have holding the ball than prime Manu. He could get to the hole as well or better than anyone, ever, in that situation. And he drew so much attention that if they did manage to cut him off, his vision and passing skills would put the ball in the right place to get someone else an easy look. He did it at the end of quarters, and he did it at the end of games. That one skill was worth a lot of W's.

exstatic
09-06-2019, 03:40 PM
Manu played with a broken arm during the 2011 playoffs. Kawhi sprained his vajayjay and sat out a season.

/thread

blizz
09-06-2019, 07:57 PM
People need to watch the Phoenix game and there was one game against Cleveland early in his career when he went bonkers. Those weren’t aberrations. In his prime he could do this at will it seemed. Kobe has mad love and respect for him. Says something about his competitiveness. He was also a selfless player. Great teammate and would never, ever quit on his team.

blizz
09-06-2019, 07:59 PM
Manu played with a broken arm during the 2011 playoffs. Kawhi sprained his vajayjay and sat out a season.

/thread
Mic drop

sasaint
09-06-2019, 11:17 PM
Manu was crazy good at his peak. But he and Kawhi have much different games, and roles, so it's really hard to compare the two. If I'm building a team, and picking one of the two in their prime, I'm going with Manu primarily because I'd have no fucking clue at any point what's going through Kawhi's mind at any point. Catering to him and his uncle would be exhausting. Manu was about team, Kawhi's about building his legacy.

As a foundational player, Manu runs circles around Number 2. In building a team I would always choose the guy with superstar skill AND off-the-charts intangibles. Having a coach on the floor with a total team-first attitude, like Manu would be invaluable in building a team. Manu not only made guys around him better, he made them play harder. Plus killer instinct and clutch finishing ability in crunch time. Prime Manu is my guy!

apalisoc_9
09-06-2019, 11:25 PM
lol

KimmyGib
09-07-2019, 02:21 AM
Toronto was stacked, GS was injured, and KL was good, not great. But Raps won so now he's the best player in the world? Funny how Kawhi went from being an underrated player to an overrated one.

Rummpd
09-07-2019, 07:01 AM
https://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/spurs/article/Manu-Ginobili-still-one-of-NBA-s-best-in-the-6866608.php

KL hit last shot in playoffs but still want Manu out there more in clutch time.

SpurOutofTownFan
09-07-2019, 09:01 AM
for the Manu haters and other distracted people.. Manu peak > Kawhi peak every day

There's nothing wrong with your glasses.. it's just your brain...

DMC
09-07-2019, 09:33 AM
We haven't seen Peak Kawhi yet. He's been playing 50% ball for the past 2 or 3 years. He's always nursing some ailment. We'll see how he does in LA this year.

Manu was the best player on a team that beat the US in the Olympics. Kawhi was the beneficiary of Kevin Durant being injured, then Klay being injured and even that tall, skinny center being injured... and of FVV shooting out of his mind.

I thought Kawhi did good, got a lucky bounce to keep from losing to the 76ers, but he benefited greatly from the East being weak and from running into an injured team in the Finals.

KL is probably the most "right time, right place" guy in the history of the league. Manu was a big reason the Spurs won 4 of the 5 rings they have. It's too early to compare the two.

Kawhitstorm
09-07-2019, 01:14 PM
Peak Manu in today's league is a top 10 or top 5 player in the league right now, easily. I don't know if that's enough to be better than Kawhi.

Manu would be a much better leader and playmaker though.

Yeah, Evita led the team to two titles in '06 & '13

JohnnyMax
09-07-2019, 10:22 PM
https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/l/leonaka01.html
(https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/l/leonaka01.html)https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/g/ginobma01.html

Manure has 0 regular seasons with 20 ppg
Manure has 2 playoffs with 20 ppg
Manure has 0 regular seasons with 25 ppg
Manure has 0 playoffs with 25 ppg

Kawhi has 3 regular seasons with 20 ppg
Kawhi has 4 playoffs with 20 ppg
Kawhi has 2 regular seasons with 25 ppg
Kawhi has 2 playoffs with 25 ppg

exstatic
09-08-2019, 02:42 PM
(https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/l/leonaka01.html)https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/g/ginobma01.html

Manu has zero seasons where he faked injury, played only 9 games, and quit on his team.

Phenomanul
09-09-2019, 08:12 AM
Manu has zero seasons where he faked injury, played only 9 games, and quit on his team.

and 3 post seasons where he played injured.

2008 Broken foot
2009 Broken nose
2011 Broken arm

Manu was a basketball warrior in every sense of the word.

Brazil
09-09-2019, 08:33 AM

ppg :lol is that the most overrated raw stat ever ?

Brazil
09-09-2019, 08:34 AM
Yeah, Evita led the team to two titles in '06 & '13

kawhistorm :lmao

dat storm sis murdering people
dat storm faking injuries
dat storm quiting on the Spurs
dat storm quiting on the Raptors
dat storm pos uncle

My Team: Toronton Raptors... :lmao

apalisoc_9
09-09-2019, 10:29 PM