PDA

View Full Version : Tennessee lawmaker calls for removal of higher education to cut off ‘liberal breeding ground’

RandomGuy
09-10-2019, 04:27 PM
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) — A Republican Tennessee lawmaker says he supports getting rid of higher education because he argues it would cut off the “liberal breeding ground.”

Sen. Kerry Roberts of Springfield called for eliminating higher education while speaking about attending a recent abortion legislative hearing on his conservative radio talk show on Sept. 2.

Roberts specifically called out one activist who testified in favor of protecting abortion rights. He asserted without evidence that the woman’s beliefs were a “product of higher education” and claimed that getting rid of higher education would “save America.”

-------------------------------------
https://www.wjhl.com/news/regional/tennessee/tennessee-lawmaker-calls-for-removal-of-higher-education-to-cut-off-liberal-breeding-ground/

That's where the Christian taliban is at.

boutons_deux
09-10-2019, 04:48 PM
Repugs depend on the ignorance, anger, racism, and hate of their base, plus voter suppression and vote counting fraud, plus weaponizing the Constitution.

Fucking red/slave shithole states full of shitbag voters electing shitbag Repugs

Failing to invest in education, failing to keep secondary education affordable, is just another reason why America is fucked and unfuckable.

spurraider21
09-10-2019, 05:26 PM
keep the masses uneducated

koriwhat
09-10-2019, 05:59 PM
College is worthless today unless it's med school or the like.

Fuck those indoctrination stations!

koriwhat
09-10-2019, 06:00 PM

They already are and most who think they're intellectuals because they got a degree are some of the most uneducated people there are.

spurraider21
09-10-2019, 06:06 PM
^Exhibit A

koriwhat
09-10-2019, 06:08 PM
^Exhibit A

Lol coming from a dumb cunt like yourself SR. Now go jump on your alt to throw more lame jabs my way you fruity bastard.

spurraider21
09-10-2019, 06:10 PM
Lol coming from a dumb cunt like yourself SR. Now go jump on your alt to throw more lame jabs my way you fruity bastard.
i dont have any alts tho

just another example of your stupidity tbh

koriwhat
09-10-2019, 06:14 PM
i dont have any alts tho

just another example of your stupidity tbh

What's your women's studies degree got you thus far?

spurraider21
09-10-2019, 06:19 PM
biochem as an undergrad at UCLA, and law at pepperdine

i dont know if you think those are considered women's studies, but nothing would surprise me with you, tbh

koriwhat
09-10-2019, 06:24 PM

i dont know if you think those are considered women's studies, but nothing would surprise me with you, tbh

Yet here you are acting all high and mighty. Not even college could teach you to be humble. Be the bully you always wished to be but only on the internet where you're safe. Amirite? Lol idc about your education because I simply don't care about you.

koriwhat
09-10-2019, 06:26 PM
Ps: my old neighbors growing up became lawyers and now one of them is assistant DA. They weren't the sharpest either so color me unimpressed.

Does your paralegal do all the legwork for you like 99% of lawyers? Lol

DarrinS
09-10-2019, 06:27 PM

My niece is a freshman at Pepperdine.

Or is it freshperson?

Pavlov
09-10-2019, 06:38 PM
Pepperdine?

Fresh meat.

DarrinS
09-10-2019, 06:46 PM
My daughter just started college.

Haven't heard her say "problematic" , "white privilege" , or "patriarchy" .

Or "LatinX", whatever the f that is.

So far, so good.

spurraider21
09-10-2019, 06:56 PM
Yet here you are acting all high and mighty. Not even college could teach you to be humble. Be the bully you always wished to be but only on the internet where you're safe. Amirite? Lol idc about your education because I simply don't care about you.
you're the one who asked about my education

spurraider21
09-10-2019, 06:57 PM
My niece is a freshman at Pepperdine.

Or is it freshperson?

spurraider21
09-10-2019, 07:03 PM
My daughter just started college.

Haven't heard her say "problematic" , "white privilege" , or "patriarchy" .

Or "LatinX", whatever the f that is.

So far, so good.
yeah its almost like your college paranoia has been blown out of proportion or something

koriwhat
09-10-2019, 07:38 PM
you're the one who asked about my education

Actually I did nothing of the sort. I literally don't care who you are, what you studied in school, etc... I don't give a fuck about you tbh here in the now or in the afterlife. :tu

spurraider21
09-10-2019, 07:44 PM
Actually I did nothing of the sort. I literally don't care who you are, what you studied in school, etc... I don't give a fuck about you tbh here in the now or in the afterlife. :tu

TheGreatYacht
09-10-2019, 07:49 PM
Repugs depend on the ignorance, anger, racism, and hate of their base, plus voter suppression and vote counting fraud, plus weaponizing the Constitution.

Fucking red/slave shithole states full of shitbag voters electing shitbag Repugs

Failing to invest in education, failing to keep secondary education affordable, is just another reason why America is fucked and unfuckable.

Not just Republicans. Neoliberal establishment Democrats like Obama and Hillary went along w the agenda of defunding and destroying public education.

BD24
09-10-2019, 07:50 PM
Joey thinking Med school is the only worthwhile higher education :lol

Any type of Engineering or Computer Science degree is very very in demand. And honestly probably a better investment than a Med degree when your comparing the cost of it and amount of time it takes to finish.

Spurminator
09-10-2019, 08:18 PM
yeah its almost like your college paranoia has been blown out of proportion or something

:lmao

Spurminator
09-10-2019, 08:20 PM
It's as if conservatives think most students enter college as ideological blank slates who can be brainwashed by professors to believe whatever they want.

benefactor
09-10-2019, 08:25 PM
:lol the responses in this thread

spurraider21
09-10-2019, 08:33 PM
Ps: my old neighbors growing up became lawyers and now one of them is assistant DA. They weren't the sharpest either so color me unimpressed.

Does your paralegal do all the legwork for you like 99% of lawyers? Lol
i never said all lawyers were smart. i dont get why you're so insecure about this. you're the one who asked me about my education, and now are throwing a fit about it.

koriwhat
09-10-2019, 08:51 PM

Any type of Engineering or Computer Science degree is very very in demand. And honestly probably a better investment than a Med degree when your comparing the cost of it and amount of time it takes to finish.

I never said anything of the sort just like you've never been to my shop nor face to face with me like you claim BitchDude24.

koriwhat
09-10-2019, 08:52 PM

Lol you think sarcasm is akin to being interested in your educational background or you for that matter? I really don't give a fuck about you personally and that goes for about 99% of this forum members too.

spurraider21
09-10-2019, 08:53 PM
Lol you think sarcasm is akin to being interested in your educational background or you for that matter? I really don't give a fuck about you personally and that goes for about 99% of this forum members too.
you seem pretty wound up to be honest. cant believe im sayin this, but you should probably smoke more weed, mellow out a bit

koriwhat
09-10-2019, 08:54 PM
i never said all lawyers were smart. i dont get why you're so insecure about this. you're the one who asked me about my education, and now are throwing a fit about it.

Again, I didn't but you are the one that boasted about your education though. :tu

Maybe you need to go back to school and take a comprehension course tbh.

koriwhat
09-10-2019, 08:56 PM
you seem pretty wound up to be honest. cant believe im sayin this, but you should probably smoke more weed, mellow out a bit

Your perception of how I feel is just that and nothing more... you want others to believe I'm some angry wound up dude, just like a few other dipshits here claim, but I'm not. Yall just can't deal with a dude who has balls and doesn't give a fuck about yalls bitch ways. :tu

spurraider21
09-10-2019, 09:28 PM
Again, I didn't but you are the one that boasted about your education though. :tu

Maybe you need to go back to school and take a comprehension course tbh.
but that would be useless since its not medical school

BD24
09-10-2019, 10:10 PM
I never said anything of the sort just like you've never been to my shop nor face to face with me like you claim BitchDude24.
Uhhh. You literally said

“College is worthless unless it’s Med school or the like”

koriwhat
09-10-2019, 10:26 PM
Uhhh. You literally said

“College is worthless unless it’s Med school or the like”

And the like... like engineering and more? Lol you fucking bitchass retard.

koriwhat
09-10-2019, 10:28 PM
but that would be useless since its not medical school

Funny how you high & mighty egotistical grads can't compute "and the like".

spurraider21
09-10-2019, 10:31 PM
Funny how you high & mighty egotistical grads can't compute "and the like".
dont think i've ever claimed to be smarter than anybody because i have degrees that they dont

you think a "comprehension course" would fall into the same category as med school, engineering, and the like?

koriwhat
09-10-2019, 10:34 PM
dont think i've ever claimed to be smarter than anybody because i have degrees that they dont

you think a "comprehension course" would fall into the same category as med school, engineering, and the like?

Nope but it might be a req. tbh and hopefully for your sake it is.

BD24
09-10-2019, 10:58 PM
And the like... like engineering and more? Lol you fucking bitchass retard.
Using that and the like to save your original dumb ass take I see.

carry on

tenbeersbold
09-11-2019, 08:11 AM

Hell no,Docs and hell orthodontists get tee time all week,IT jobs are slave labor compared
Take a gander at your local country club and see who's serving and teeing up early in the AM and afternoon

RandomGuy
09-11-2019, 03:19 PM

That would seem to be the case.

The conservative war on science will cost them a lot of young people.

I used to view conservatism as a good balance to limit the worst aspects of left-wing politics. Now it seems a toxic ideology that leads people to thinking the guy int he OP is somehow reasonable.

Yikes.

What does it say about a group of ideas ideas when people that believe they are true determine that education and critical thinking are the enemies?

Chucho
09-11-2019, 03:58 PM
The return of actual skills/trades classes in high schools would be incredibly beneficial to so many kids these days.

It's a damn shame how much "real-life" skills and preparedness is gone from high schools these days, these are things that should be "Required" instead of worthless physical ed credits and other electives.

But since public education isn't a racket, it will continue to degrade.