hater
09-11-2019, 09:17 AM
Pop is the Bob Mueller of basketball :lol

Genovaswitness
09-11-2019, 09:22 AM
what a fucking clown :lmao

sananspursfan21
09-11-2019, 09:30 AM
Is he wrong though? Anybody die as a result?

K...
09-11-2019, 09:38 AM
Pop just putting us out of misery so we can watch actually cohesive teams rather than a bunch of career role players and fake stars.

I'm sure pop doesn't want to be around these players any more than we want to watch said players.

MultiTroll
09-11-2019, 09:43 AM
https://www.usmagazine.com/wp-content/uploads/Chris-Burke-467.jpg

Floyd Pacquiao
09-11-2019, 10:18 AM
Defeatist mindset per par

dbreiden83080
09-11-2019, 10:51 AM
Professional players should not be playing in the Olympics anyway. Go back to using all the college kids. It’s a waste of time.

J_Paco
09-11-2019, 10:54 AM

How is that a "defeatist mindset?"

He's calling like it is. They lost which sucks, but they need to regroup, win on Thursday and field a better team for the Olympics.

Pretty sure he understands "winning" and being a high level competitor better than anyone (constantly complaining about him) on these boards.

J_Paco
09-11-2019, 10:57 AM
Professional players should not be playing in the Olympics anyway. Go back to using all the college kids. It’s a waste of time.

That won't work at all. Other nations (especially in Europe) will send professionals still while the USA would send (low tier) college players. Essentially, the same issue as this World Cup team especially if the NBA rids itself of the "one - and - done" rule during the next CBA.

dbreiden83080
09-11-2019, 11:18 AM
That won't work at all. Other nations (especially in Europe) will send professionals still while the USA would send (low tier) college players. Essentially, the same issue as this World Cup team especially if the NBA rids itself of the "one - and - done" rule during the next CBA.

That’s fine so we simply get our asses kicked. The bottom line is the players really don’t want to do this. The season is ridiculously long. We value how they play in the playoffs more than anything. And the NBA owners want nothing to do with their players playing. This whole system should’ve been abolished a long time ago. For the most part the players don’t want to participate. If some of the European players are more prideful and want to risk getting injured over the Olympics, OK that is fine. I don’t think the American players give a shit.

dbreiden83080
09-11-2019, 11:21 AM
As Spurs fans we remember what it was like for Manu Ginobili dealing with all of his injuries at the end of every season and we had to listen to him talk about international play in the off-season. The shit is ridiculous.

KayBee
09-11-2019, 11:40 AM

So, is he supposed to slash his wrists and jump off a cliff?

boutons_deux
09-11-2019, 11:50 AM
Pop had a weak JV team

Like most wealthy, NBA wealthiest don't GAF about anything but their money and certainly don't give a fuck about the country

Harry Callahan
09-11-2019, 11:58 AM
Pop had a weak JV team

Like most wealthy, NBA wealthiest don't GAF about anything but their money and certainly don't give a fuck about the country

I agree with BD on this one regarding the top tier NBA players not really caring about their country. The Olympics are different than the world championships - the team will be very capable in two years. Hopefully Pop will provide adequate focus when the time comes. I'm not sure he had more than one top 25 Player on the WC team (Kimba). The kid from Utah is a really nice player. Still, this was the least talented USA team in the last 27 years.

YGWHI
09-11-2019, 12:41 PM
I'm sure pop doesn't want to be around these players any more than we want to watch said players.

Well, nobody forced him. If he didn't want to be around them he could let other coach to get the job.

Kids like Jaylen Brown, Donovan Mitchell, Jayson Tatum, Myles Turner, even our D-White were training and traveling all summer. They deserved a coach that really wanted to work with them.

SpurPadre
09-11-2019, 01:14 PM
Is he wrong though? Anybody die as a result?

Ask Kawhi's sister, tbh.

SpurPadre
09-11-2019, 01:21 PM
White once again blue balls fans with hints of good play only to come crashing down when it matters the most, tbh.

DAF86
09-11-2019, 01:34 PM

These weren't the Olympics though.

DAF86
09-11-2019, 01:36 PM
The talent excuse is invalid. The US still had, arguably, the most talented roster in the competition.

The lack of time for preparation excuse is somewhat valid, but you expect the GOAT coach to do better than what he did.

This is definitely a stint in his resume.

ZeusWillJudge
09-11-2019, 01:49 PM
Life would go on if we just stopped doing the fucking World Cup. Save a lot of time, a lot of money, and a lot of wear and tear on players. Life would definitely go on.

But if you're going to do something, play to win and act like you care when you lose. Athletes who really, really hate to lose... lose a lot less. I'm sure the same goes for coaches. If you want to win crazy bad, you approach things differently. If you're fucking indifferent to a loss? You sound like Pop did right there. Winning isn't random. "Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose" is what losers say.

Genovaswitness
09-11-2019, 02:17 PM
cuck mentality all throughout this thread tbh

Frenchfred
09-11-2019, 02:29 PM
Pop had a weak JV team

The fans are usually the first ones who b!tch and moan if their players get hurt playing for the national team so I find that a little hypocrite.

TimmyBuckets
09-11-2019, 02:32 PM
what a fucking clown :lmao

5 rings.

5 rings.

MannyIsGod
09-11-2019, 02:39 PM
Life would go on if we just stopped doing the fucking World Cup. Save a lot of time, a lot of money, and a lot of wear and tear on players. Life would definitely go on.

But if you're going to do something, play to win and act like you care when you lose. Athletes who really, really hate to lose... lose a lot less. I'm sure the same goes for coaches. If you want to win crazy bad, you approach things differently. If you're fucking indifferent to a loss? You sound like Pop did right there. Winning isn't random. "Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose" is what losers say.

To a certain extent winning is random. Let me know the next time in a one off the best team always wins.

Genovaswitness
09-11-2019, 03:12 PM
5 rings.

5 rings.

your avi is the reason. nobody wanted to play for poop in 2004–> olympics loss. same thing happened post timmy (kawhi, every non shit FA) and happened again for this tournament

Poop :lmao

Nathan89
09-11-2019, 03:27 PM
Time to retire.

dbreiden83080
09-11-2019, 03:32 PM
These weren't the Olympics though.

Uh isn't that what they are heading towards? Summer 2020?

Dverde
09-11-2019, 03:43 PM
Not a fan of that comment.

DAF86
09-11-2019, 04:31 PM
Uh isn't that what they are heading towards? Summer 2020?

Nah, this is the World Cup. Pretty fucking big deal on itself.

KimmyGib
09-11-2019, 05:03 PM
No surprise, Pop just doesn't have it anymore.

"It" of course is Timmy Duncan.

benefactor
09-11-2019, 05:12 PM
There's some kind of tournament going on?

tbdog
09-11-2019, 05:17 PM
Basketball is a world sport. Don't expect to give only your C team and win the world cup. Pretty simple.

therealtruth
09-11-2019, 05:25 PM
I would have love to seen what Coach K would have done. I think they would at least medal.

dbreiden83080
09-11-2019, 05:43 PM
Nah, this is the World Cup. Pretty fucking big deal on itself.

Big deal to who? The owners paying the players 20 plus mil a year to dick around in NON-NBA games?

DAF86
09-11-2019, 06:10 PM
Big deal to who? The owners paying the players 20 plus mil a year to dick around in NON-NBA games?

Nop, to every basketball fan around the Globe except the US, apparently. Untill they get their shit handed to them, that's when they care.

dbreiden83080
09-11-2019, 06:16 PM
Nop, to every basketball fan around the Globe except the US, apparently. Untill they get their shit handed to them, that's when they care.

They should never care. Let the College kids plays. The world loves basketball, and I get that the 92 Dream Team was a part of that.. But it's done. The game is not going to stop growing because the US sends out shit teams from now on. The top guys once they become vets won't play on Team USA.. The season is too grueling and nobody counts this on your legacy. You have to win in the NBA..

ZeusWillJudge
09-11-2019, 06:26 PM
To a certain extent winning is random. Let me know the next time in a one off the best team always wins.

The best team does always win. The best team today. Team USA wasn't the best team today.

If you look really closely, I wasn't commenting on the loss - it was about Pop's "life goes on" comment. If you really believe that Team USA was the best team, and they still lost, it means they didn't execute. (France shot well, but they weren't unconscious.) I want a guy who is pissed after a bad loss, because the better team didn't execute. This team lost to Australia right before the tournament, squeaked out an OT win against Turkey, and lost by 10 to France. And Pop says, "Life will go on." He'll go out tonight and have a few bottles of wine, and never think about it again. If he doesn't give a shit, why should I? And if that's not what he meant, he should have said something else.

There's some kind of tournament going on?

:tu

If Team USA never went to the World Cup again, I wouldn't lose any sleep. But if you're going to compete, give a shit.

Down Under
09-11-2019, 06:33 PM
The team is just not very good. No top 20 player & a bunch of young talent with a fair likelihood that none become bondafide stars, including Mitchell & Tatum.

DAF86
09-11-2019, 06:36 PM
They should never care. Let the College kids plays. The world loves basketball, and I get that the 92 Dream Team was a part of that.. But it's done. The game is not going to stop growing because the US sends out shit teams from now on. The top guys once they become vets won't play on Team USA.. The season is too grueling and nobody counts this on your legacy. You have to win in the NBA..

Yeah well, when they realized they can't no longer send C or B teams and win anyways they started to give a shit. And it wasn't just the players, when NBA management realized they began to lose prestige they started to get the players to represent team US.

Or do you think that the NBA is cool with letting everyone realize that suppossed "star players" like Kemba Walker or Donovan Mitchell aren't really all that better than what you might find in Europe? Their product depends on selling the idea that they have all the best players the World has to offer.

Also, good luck with convincing NBA players from other countries not to participate in the World Cup and Olympics.

dbreiden83080
09-11-2019, 06:41 PM
Yeah well, when they realized they can't no longer send C or B teams and win anyways they started to give a shit. And it wasn't just the players, when NBA management realized they began to lose prestige they started to get the players to represent team US.

Or do you think that the NBA is cool with letting everyone realize that suppossed "star players" like Kemba Walker or Donovan Mitchell aren't really all that better than what you might find in Europe? Their product depends on selling the idea that they have all the best players the World has to offer.

Also, good luck with convincing NBA players from other countries not to participate in the World Cup and Olympics.

It is not relevant to their job. They don't get paid to play, and it takes away from their actual job. In a time when Load MGT is becoming the norm, and we obsess on players winning rings to the point, we say they are "Shit" without them. The days of the top US pros playing on Team USA will go extinct. It does nothing for their legacy. The NBA season is too long. Not worth playing on Team USA.. Duncan was on that 2004 team. Well ask him what was more important? A 4th and 5th ring, or playing in the summer for Team USA trying to win the Gold? He did NOT Skip out simply because it was a bad taste in 2004. It was not worth the miles on the body..

DAF86
09-11-2019, 06:46 PM
It is not relevant to their job. They don't get paid to play, and it takes away from their actual job. In a time when Load MGT is becoming the norm, and we obsess on players winning rings to the point, we say they are "Shit" without them. The days of the top US pros playing on Team USA will go extinct. It does nothing for their legacy. The NBA season is too long. Not worth playing on Team USA.. Duncan was on that 2004 team. Well ask him what was more important? A 4th and 5th ring, or playing in the summer for Team USA trying to win the Gold? He did NOT Skip out simply because it was a bad taste in 2004. It was not worth the miles on the body..

That's your reasoning. Experience shows that after every defeat NBA players (and managers) do care about International ball. Watch most tier 1 stars make a comeback for the olympics.

dbreiden83080
09-11-2019, 06:48 PM
That's your reasoning. Experience shows that after every defeat NBA players (and managers) do care about International ball. Watch most tier 1 stars make a comeback for the olympics.

They might get a new crop of young players to go.. Not when they become vets.. NBA season is too long..

DAF86
09-11-2019, 06:54 PM
They might get a new crop of young players to go.. Not when they become vets.. NBA season is too long..

Kobe, Lebron, Wade, Durant, Harden, etc. Weren't vets when they decides they couldn't let a B team get embarrassed again?

ThaBigFundamental21
09-11-2019, 06:55 PM
I would have love to seen what Coach K would have done. I think they would at least medal.

Lol, Coach K. Arguably the most overrated coach of all time. College coaches with loaded, paid rosters playing undermanned inferior schools. Lets all worship them for their deep pockets, er I mean success and excellence. Get real.

dbreiden83080
09-11-2019, 07:02 PM
Kobe, Lebron, Wade, Durant, Harden, etc. Weren't vets when they decides they couldn't let a B team get embarrassed again?

Load MGT and media obsession over rings.. It is a new day..

DAF86
09-11-2019, 07:24 PM
Load MGT and media obsession over rings.. It is a new day..

Yeah? We will see what happens in the Olympics. So far history indicates that most tier 1 players will suit up to avoid another loss.

J_Paco
09-11-2019, 09:31 PM

Yeah, cause you are more well versed in winning than a HOF coach with 5 NBA titles on his resume? As if his "attitude" postgame had anything to do with the actually outcome of the game. You sound stupid as hell, man.

I'm sorry his pragmatism seems to bother and "insult" you overly sensitive, "armchair" GM's/coaches.

ZeusWillJudge
09-11-2019, 09:41 PM
Yeah, cause you are more well versed in winning than a HOF coach with 5 NBA titles on his resume?

LOL. Did I say I was a better coach than Pop, you insignificant little bug? People have been making up myths about me for thousands of years. You're not even very good at it.

I don't like his "Life will go on" comment. Deal with it. Or don't.

Chillen
09-11-2019, 10:41 PM
Phil Jackson could have been coaching them and they still would have lost. Not deep enough and the NBA has become a global game now and players are better and at or near NBA level. If players in the NBA want the USA to win the gold medal, show up and play for your country next go round. A head coach can't beat five players on the court, that is your job. Pop is a HOF head coach but hes limited to how stacked his roster is like any coach. This loss isn't on Pop it's on the NBA players that didn't show up to play for the gold.

dbestpro
09-12-2019, 12:44 AM
Not sure if this is a statement about Pop or more about the less patriotic money hungry stars who are of US origin.

venitian navigator
09-12-2019, 12:57 AM
Come on guys...when one of the three best players (Tatum) declines to play for three games in a row (the last one being an elimination game) for a simple little anckle sprain (like Leonard did with us in the past) it gives you a frame of the kind of me first athmosphere inside the team...Pop can't deal well with it because in his inner nature he's an old school guy who doesn't like guys who behave like pussies or that privilege their own interest to the team's one...expecially when the going gets tough (that's when the tough should get going).
See what argentina has done to a far superior (and nationally proud) team like Serbia was (that looked the most talented team and supposed to be stronger than this US team)...
you have to play with heart and will and, more than all, buying in the system you're playing for...because, basing all the game and hopes to win it just on talent and the assumption you are stronger, you always risk to lose...

Coming to Pop, do you really think he won all he won just because of talent? our Spurs team has always been not that more talented compared to the teams they faced...but they were first in will and heart and intelligence just because of the kind of players they had. And all of them were on the same line of Pop...accepting his system and making it work adapting to it...looks that for this national team and in these last Spurs years happened to exact opposite...

kobyz
09-12-2019, 01:06 AM
Trump was right, he was right! those die hard left wingers are so pathetic!

cutewizard
09-12-2019, 04:03 AM
Pop needs a gf tbh

Rummpd
09-12-2019, 07:14 AM
It’s all good French likely gave new wine tips.

Brazil
09-12-2019, 07:34 AM

it's probably also what pop had in mind.. take a loss on WC and rally the troops for the Olympics

Play Boban
09-12-2019, 07:35 AM
Poop’s team is down in the fourth quarter to Serbia now. :lmao

TheGreatYacht
09-12-2019, 08:40 AM
IMAGINE LOSING TO SERBIA LMFAOOOO WHILE YOU HAVE NBA TALENT :lmao

7th place :lmao

His beta males defending the cuck mentality :lmao

Was also on that 2004 team :lmao

Duncan would have won his 5 rings if not more with another HC :lmao

Play Boban
09-12-2019, 09:08 AM
Poop led a team from a country of 325 million that is the birthplace of basketball and lost today to a team of a nation of 7 million, which wouldn't even be a big state in the US. Poop. :lmao

Frenchfred
09-12-2019, 09:18 AM
your avi is the reason. nobody wanted to play for poop in 2004–> olympics loss. same thing happened post timmy (kawhi, every non shit FA) and happened again for this tournament

Poop :lmao

How many coaches have 5 rings? That’s right, not many. Amazing to see all the Monday morning coaches around here

Frenchfred
09-12-2019, 09:20 AM
Trump was right, he was right! those die hard left wingers are so pathetic!

Coming from far right morons, that seems like a compliment

Play Boban
09-12-2019, 09:25 AM
How many coaches have 5 rings? That’s right, not many. Amazing to see all the Monday morning coaches around here

How many coaches fail to win gold with USA NBA players tbh?

Genovaswitness
09-12-2019, 09:26 AM

poop has taken the US team to depths unseen since 04..when he was the coach. why does nobody want to play for him?

Frenchfred
09-12-2019, 09:28 AM
How many coaches fail to win gold with USA NBA players tbh?

So that erase the facts that he has the most victory in NBA history and 5 rings? Fortunately, Spurs fans are not coaching the Spurs. The amount of naivety in terms of what coaching is all about is just astounding.

Frenchfred
09-12-2019, 09:32 AM
poop has taken the US team to depths unseen since 04..when he was the coach. why does nobody want to play for him?

Because you believe players don’t want to play for him?

For the Spurs, there is simple reason. San Antonio is a shithole (to use Trump’s vocabulary) and nobody wants to live there.

For team USA, superstars want to stay healthy because they are paid by their team and sponsors. This is capitalism in full force for you. Money talks.

Play Boban
09-12-2019, 09:44 AM

This is worse than 04. This team will end up with the Americans' worst finish in a major international tournament EVER. This day will live in infamy. This is worse than 2004 or 2006.

hater
09-12-2019, 10:01 AM
This is worse than 04. This team will end up with the Americans' worst finish in a major international tournament EVER. This day will live in infamy. This is worse than 2004 or 2006.

To be fair this team would not even win 1 playoff series.

04 team had LeBron? Not to mention it was the Olympics. That was a much bigger failure

Arcadian
09-12-2019, 10:27 AM
Yeah, life goes on...in a shitty way, if you're the worst national team in many years. :lol

rjv
09-12-2019, 10:33 AM
well, it will. i mean, who gives a crap about the FIBA championship. even the NBA players think it's a waste of time. the olympics is a whole different matter.

kobyz
09-12-2019, 11:14 AM
well, it will. i mean, who gives a crap about the FIBA championship. even the NBA players think it's a waste of time. the olympics is a whole different matter.

World Cup gonna be the main thing like it should, FIBA gonna make olympics an under23 tournament...

Genovaswitness
09-12-2019, 11:55 AM

yup. This is fucking atrociously embarrassing. poop can stay in China and coach CBA at this point.

Genovaswitness
09-12-2019, 11:56 AM
Because you believe players don’t want to play for him?

For the Spurs, there is simple reason. San Antonio is a shithole (to use Trump’s vocabulary) and nobody wants to live there.

For team USA, superstars want to stay healthy because they are paid by their team and sponsors. This is capitalism in full force for you. Money talks.

blah blah France good USA bad blah blah trump. retardposting as usual

widowmaker
09-12-2019, 12:06 PM
Poop led a team from a country of 325 million that is the birthplace of basketball and lost today to a team of a nation of 7 million, which wouldn't even be a big state in the US. Poop. :lmao

Motherfuckers think they know a thing or two about basketball all they really know is how to turn the tv on and flip the channel to TNT and watch.

Larry O
09-12-2019, 12:15 PM
FIBA vs The Olympics: I'm sure that the Olympics is more appealing & important to the NBA players than the FIBA, so yeah, I can see the BIG GUNS return in 2020 to compete for the GOLD. This USA Team just did not have the scoring options & power, even despite a good, young but inexperienced FIBA team that had to quickly learn a system & each other, as to build chemistry in a short notice, & compete against more experienced FIBA/NBA veterans who have played with each other in their respective teams, would be a big challenge. Jayson Tatum was a big loss to this team as far as him being a number one or two scoring option. Heck, even Kuzma would have been a nice addition as far as another good scoring option. If he would not have injured his ankle early on, he may have been on this team, but either Smart (who didn't play in the last two games due to nagging injuries) or DW4, may not have been on this team. But with that, I think that either Tatum or Kuzma would have made a big difference on this team with the possibility of them competing for the FIBA Championship. But it's in hindsight now, but 2020 in Japan? LOOK OUT WORLD!!! GO TEAM USA!!!

SpurPadre
09-12-2019, 12:37 PM
They would've won had Murray been available and called up instead of White, tbh.

hater
09-12-2019, 12:45 PM
scrUbSA will easily win gold next Olympics even if they send B team of:
Chimpchuck
Butler
Pg
Green
Aldridge

Book it

Calling it

Called it

TimmyBuckets
09-12-2019, 12:59 PM
Yet another ST meltdown for no reason thread

Frenchfred
09-12-2019, 02:30 PM
blah blah France good USA bad blah blah trump. retardposting as usual

Where did I say France good? You're unhappy when I use Trump vocabulary to describe San antonio?

sananspursfan21
09-12-2019, 02:54 PM
Ask Kawhi's sister, tbh.

Well played. Well played.

DAF86
09-12-2019, 03:11 PM
scrUbSA will easily win gold next Olympics even if they send B team of:
Chimpchuck
Butler
Pg
Green
Aldridge

Book it

Calling it

Called it

lol no, they ain't winning shit with that awful lineup. :lol

DAF86
09-12-2019, 03:15 PM
Also, I don't know why the US doesn't select size anymore. FIBA isn't the NBA. You can still get away with playing traditional lineups.

I understand going "small" when you have guys like Lebron and Durant playing the forward spots. But if your option is Harrison fucking Barnes, just go with a physical beast which FIBA players aren't used to deal with. Cousins would have been a good option for a spot.

cd98
09-12-2019, 03:48 PM
Also, I don't know why the US doesn't select size anymore. FIBA isn't the NBA. You can still get away with playing traditional lineups.

I understand going "small" when you have guys like Lebron and Durant playing the forward spots. But if your option is Harrison fucking Barnes, just go with a physical beast which FIBA players aren't used to deal with. Cousins would have been a good option for a spot.

If you go small, you have to have 5 three point shooters. That's what was weird about this team. It had no ability to play big, but when it went small, it didn't have any shooting. Just a weird combination of players.

diego
09-12-2019, 07:06 PM
04 team had two recent MVPs and several players a year or two away from being all NBA. This team was nowhere near as good as that one, it barely had a couple (east) all stars.

Spurtacular
09-13-2019, 01:40 AM
Life will go on. Let's not pretend FIBA matters much at all.

DAF86
09-13-2019, 08:55 AM
Pop did well to avoid a 20 pts loss vs Argentina, imho.

Play Boban
09-13-2019, 10:08 AM
Pop did well to avoid a 20 pts loss vs Argentina, imho.

Truth nuke tbh. Argentina would've castrated the gringos. Worse than 2004 tbh.

J_Paco
09-13-2019, 11:59 AM
Phil Jackson could have been coaching them and they still would have lost. Not deep enough and the NBA has become a global game now and players are better and at or near NBA level. If players in the NBA want the USA to win the gold medal, show up and play for your country next go round. A head coach can't beat five players on the court, that is your job. Pop is a HOF head coach but hes limited to how stacked his roster is like any coach. This loss isn't on Pop it's on the NBA players that didn't show up to play for the gold.

This.

Let the naysayers and cry babies ("he said that 'life goes on, other things are bigger than basketball or he doesn't like Trump" wah) tell every loss in USA history since '04 (when he was an assistant coach) is on him.

Motherfuckers meltdown and cry like bitches even when it isn't about the Spurs.

Basketball is a competition and eventually other countries WILL CATCH UP. Especially, when the tournament is so poorly scheduled and a lot of top tier, 2nd tier and 3 tier American talent stays home.

DAF86
09-13-2019, 12:09 PM

Most likely. NBA coaches are very overrated.

ZeusWillJudge
09-13-2019, 01:11 PM

It's hard to talk about a lack of depth when Lopez is sitting on the bench watching Gobert have his way with small guys. I don't know if he would have fared better, but that's a coaching decision not a lack of depth. Lopez is past his prime, but he had the best shooting season of his career this year. The Spurs scored something like 5 points in the last 5 minutes, and none in the last two. I really thought after Scola had that performance against Serbia that Pop would take a hint about the way FIBA, and the way the game is called.

But, hey, life goes on.

Motherfuckers meltdown and cry like bitches even when it isn't about the Spurs.

The only meltdown and bitch-crying I see here right now is from one person. "Someone disagrees with me. They're being mean to Pop. Waaaah!" I'm tempted to go back and see if you get like this around the middle of every month, but some things should remain private.

TimmyBuckets
09-13-2019, 02:09 PM
So many genius coaches in ST

Ibleedslvrnblk
09-13-2019, 02:48 PM
Has the world ended? Nope. Pop is Nostradamus!!!

MannyIsGod
09-20-2019, 11:04 AM
The best team does always win. The best team today. Team USA wasn't the best team today.

If you look really closely, I wasn't commenting on the loss - it was about Pop's "life goes on" comment. If you really believe that Team USA was the best team, and they still lost, it means they didn't execute. (France shot well, but they weren't unconscious.) I want a guy who is pissed after a bad loss, because the better team didn't execute. This team lost to Australia right before the tournament, squeaked out an OT win against Turkey, and lost by 10 to France. And Pop says, "Life will go on." He'll go out tonight and have a few bottles of wine, and never think about it again. If he doesn't give a shit, why should I? And if that's not what he meant, he should have said something else.

:tu

If Team USA never went to the World Cup again, I wouldn't lose any sleep. But if you're going to compete, give a shit.

There are elements of randomness involved in every basketball game. There's a reason we have playoff series and no a simple one off game. That is because in a single game, you can win and not be the best team. It can even happen in a series, but that's far more unlikely. We see this time and time again in the NCAA tournament. There's a reason the best team doesn't always sweep a series. There's a reason the best team doesn't always go undefeated.

As for Pops comments, IDGAF. I also DGAF if you care. But to say the best team always wins is demonstrably wrong.

Ed Helicopter Jones
09-20-2019, 11:11 AM
There are elements of randomness involved in every basketball game. There's a reason we have playoff series and no a simple one off game. That is because in a single game, you can win and not be the best team. It can even happen in a series, but that's far more unlikely. We see this time and time again in the NCAA tournament. There's a reason the best team doesn't always sweep a series. There's a reason the best team doesn't always go undefeated.

As for Pops comments, IDGAF. I also DGAF if you care. But to say the best team always wins is demonstrably wrong.

Very true. And the NCAA tournament is a great testament to that, you're right. No one can say Maryland-Baltimore County was the better team when they beat Virginia as a 16 seed a couple of years ago. Any team can beat any other team in a single game because sh!t happens.

MultiTroll
09-20-2019, 11:57 AM
Matchups don't really matter.
I'm sure Red A, Phil J, Pat Riley, John Wooden and other legit greats would have Patty take it to the rack vs these guys. Also be paid Fiddy for Five.
https://www.mercurynews.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/sjm-warriors-0521-28.jpg?w=620