PDA

View Full Version : Amateur: Argentina vs. Spain for All the Marbles

Play Boban
09-13-2019, 09:54 AM
Who you got???

I like the Argies.

:lmao at Poop and the gringos for losing to France, who got destroyed by Argentina in the semifinal. Argentina would probably beat USA by 30 tbqh. :lol

hater
09-13-2019, 10:17 AM
Manu who? This proves Manu was just a system player

Rooting for the maradrogas.

Play Boban
09-13-2019, 10:23 AM
Manu who? This proves Manu was just a system player

Rooting for the maradrogas.

No Manure? No problem! tbh

Arcadian
09-13-2019, 11:02 AM
:lol Big 7th place game tomorrow

Play Boban
09-13-2019, 11:37 AM

:lmao

Clipper Nation
09-13-2019, 11:42 AM
:lol Even Mark Jackass could have at least won a fucking medal with this roster. Pop needs to give his Coach of the Year awards to Duncan, Manu and Kawhi.

phxspurfan
09-13-2019, 01:30 PM
Spain all the way, old Gasols and Spanish Manu FTW

endrity
09-13-2019, 03:06 PM
I'd be surprised if Argentina keeps it close. Spain has too much size for them upfront, and just as much skill, shooting, and gritty defending. In a way, it would have been better for them to hope for someone else to take Spain out.

Still, this has been a great tournament, with two somewhat surprising teams making it to the finals, but also showing the popularity of the game worldwide. The 4 seminfinalists were from the 3 different continents, and the U.S wasn't one of them.

DAF86
09-13-2019, 03:18 PM
I'd be surprised if Argentina keeps it close. Spain has too much size for them upfront, and just as much skill, shooting, and gritty defending. In a way, it would have been better for them to hope for someone else to take Spain out.

Still, this has been a great tournament, with two somewhat surprising teams making it to the finals, but also showing the popularity of the game worldwide. The 4 seminfinalists were from the 3 different continents, and the U.S wasn't one of them.

You mean like Serbia and France? :lol

Argentina and Spain played a friendly before the WC, it was close throughout.

Mitch
09-13-2019, 03:24 PM
Who cares, tbh? :lol

hater
09-13-2019, 07:02 PM

:lmao the winner will get a Chinese fried rice platter

DMC
09-13-2019, 11:04 PM
:lmao the winner will get a Chinese fried rice platter

That's like the supermax only stars get.

lefty
09-13-2019, 11:52 PM
:lol Even Mark Jackass could have at least won a fucking medal with this roster. Pop needs to give his Coach of the Year awards to Duncan, Manu and Kawhi.
Poop sucks, but that roster sucked ass tbh

endrity
09-14-2019, 12:21 PM
You mean like Serbia and France? :lol

Argentina and Spain played a friendly before the WC, it was close throughout.

They have mostly been superior to you during these last 10-15 years, haven't they? Even at the height of the "golden generation", Spain would more often come on top in direct clashes.

This has a lot a 2006 feeling to me where an experienced and crafty Greek team made it to the final to find another very experienced, crafty team which also had more size, shooting and skill, and got totally blown out.

It's obviously one game, and everything can happen. Facundo can go crazy, Scola can start hitting three pointers and take away Gasol from the paint. But if I were a betting man, I'd say it's Spain's game to lose.

As a fan though, yeah I guess I'd prefer the storyline of another Argentina golden generation coming through. Spain will have players in the future no matter what, it'd be nice to know that Argentina is here to stay on the global basketball landscape and that Manu and co. weren't just a blip on the radar.

DAF86
09-14-2019, 03:23 PM
They have mostly been superior to you during these last 10-15 years, haven't they? Even at the height of the "golden generation", Spain would more often come on top in direct clashes.

This has a lot a 2006 feeling to me where an experienced and crafty Greek team made it to the final to find another very experienced, crafty team which also had more size, shooting and skill, and got totally blown out.

It's obviously one game, and everything can happen. Facundo can go crazy, Scola can start hitting three pointers and take away Gasol from the paint. But if I were a betting man, I'd say it's Spain's game to lose.

As a fan though, yeah I guess I'd prefer the storyline of another Argentina golden generation coming through. Spain will have players in the future no matter what, it'd be nice to know that Argentina is here to stay on the global basketball landscape and that Manu and co. weren't just a blip on the radar.

Spain is the favourite, sure. But to say "I'd be surprised if Argentina keeps it close" because Spain is taller and just as skillful is to not have been paying attention to what Argentina did on this WC, and vs whom.

AussieFanKurt
09-15-2019, 08:48 AM
Hasn't been much of a game tbh. Not overly close.. Spain never looked worried

Good to see Rudy Fernandez still playing. He couldn't get a NBA gig or just left?

endrity
09-15-2019, 09:58 AM

I don't consider myself a prognosticator but I saw this one coming. It's been much of the same whenever these two have played during the last decade or so. I feel bad for Argentina losing two finals in the last 17 years, but at least they remain the only ones to take Olympic gold away from the US. I hope they continue to be a force in the future.

Hasn't been much of a game tbh. Not overly close.. Spain never looked worried

Good to see Rudy Fernandez still playing. He couldn't get an NBA gig or just left?

He was a good player for a few years, just decided he was more comfortable back home. Same with Mirotic leaving to go back to Spain though he was still a very solid rotation player in the NBA for a contending team.

Ginobilly
09-15-2019, 10:06 AM
I don't consider myself a prognosticator but I saw this one coming. It's been much of the same whenever these two have played during the last decade or so. I feel bad for Argentina losing two finals in the last 17 years, but at least they remain the only ones to take Olympic gold away from the US. I hope they continue to be a force in the future.

He was a good player for a few years, just decided he was more comfortable back home. Same with Mirotic leaving to go back to Spain though he was still a very solid rotation player in the NBA for a contending team.

It's a shame because Rudy's game is now made for todays nba of shooting quick 3s and passing. He would fit right in with the golden faggets.

endrity
09-15-2019, 10:11 AM
Rudy had some lift back in the day man. One of the few white European who could really explode to the basket. His dunk on Dwight in the 2008 Olympic final was legendary stuff.

R. DeMurre
09-15-2019, 11:06 AM
6'5" Rudy Fernandez led the way in rebounding and 7'1" Marc Gasol led the team in assists... Nice.

lefty
09-15-2019, 11:39 AM
Rudy had some lift back in the day man. One of the few white European who could really explode to the basket. His dunk on Dwight in the 2008 Olympic final was legendary stuff.
He was the Blazers Ginobili

Play Boban
09-15-2019, 11:47 AM
Argentina’s Silver Generation :wow

Spain’s Golden Generation :wow

France also beats Patty Cakes and the Aussies in the bronze medal game. :wow

AussieFanKurt
09-15-2019, 05:33 PM
France also beats Patty Cakes and the Aussies in the bronze medal game. :wow

:lol in Aus everyone is saying how proud they are of the team and how heartbreaking it is... they choked big leads in both semi and this game. They are chokers. The France game was hard to watch. Bogut is such a fucking has been

Patty should've made the top 5 of the tournament though

Spurtacular
09-15-2019, 05:54 PM

:lmao

ElNono
09-15-2019, 11:30 PM
Best team won, tbh

lefty
09-15-2019, 11:51 PM
Marbles marbles