PDA

View Full Version : How do I get into football? I just started watching NFL this year

Yogatti
09-26-2019, 07:30 PM
How? I guess it helps to have a player to root for. I'm rooting for Le'Veon Bell and Aaron Rodgers

Mitch
09-26-2019, 07:59 PM
You just need to watch games and if it clicks with you then you'll pick it up, tbh. The favorite teams and players follow

Trainwreck2100
09-26-2019, 08:02 PM
Bet money on it

FrostKing
09-26-2019, 08:05 PM
95% of NFL fans do Fantasy football

Blake
09-26-2019, 08:54 PM
95% of NFL fans do Fantasy football

^ this guy knows his football that he hates so much

FrostKing
09-26-2019, 09:14 PM
^ this guy knows his football that he hates so much
At different times NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, UEFA, CBB, CFB have all been my favorite leagues to watch. I know the sports landscape well

MultiTroll
09-26-2019, 09:20 PM
How? I guess it helps to have a player to root for. I'm rooting for Le'Veon Bell and Aaron Rodgers
Invite some SpursTalk posters and moderators over and every time there is a score, do something.

Same for interceptions.
And fumbles.

Yogatti
09-26-2019, 10:28 PM
You just need to watch games and if it clicks with you then you'll pick it up, tbh. The favorite teams and players follow

Which sport do you think is more entertaining? Football or Basketball?

Sometimes football doesn't grab my attention and I get bored. Partially because I'm still unfamiliar with this sport.

Football highlights on youtube are pretty damn entertaining though

Blake
09-26-2019, 10:59 PM
At different times NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, UEFA, CBB, CFB have all been my favorite leagues to watch. I know the sports landscape well

Yes we all know how you keep up with the NFL which you hate so much

Blake
09-26-2019, 11:01 PM

Sometimes football doesn't grab my attention and I get bored. Partially because I'm still unfamiliar with this sport.

If you sit through a three hour game with all the commercials, yeah it can be boring.

Spurtacular
09-26-2019, 11:13 PM
Bet money on it

Millennial_Messiah
09-26-2019, 11:16 PM
If you sit through a three hour game with all the commercials, yeah it can be boring.

with the early slate of sunday games, you never have to sit through because there's always other games going on when your primary is on commercial. thus the early slate of games is like freshman year of college. when your chick is on her period there's always others lining up to open their legs for you t'night.

with MNF, TNF and SNF it can get stale though, usually SNF games are some of the best matchups, but it's more analogous to being married in a country town imo

FrostKing
09-26-2019, 11:23 PM

If you like the NBA, you won't have any issues with the showboating, trash talk and grown men dancing that is prevalent in today's NFL.

There was a time not too long ago that if you pulled that stuff you'd get physically knocked out the game on the following snap

Mitch
09-27-2019, 12:14 AM

It gets more fun when you understand the game, but action is in bursts. Basketball has a nice pace of relatively constant action, but football is far more intense when it gets going. I like football more, less predictable but it can get boring.

Blake
09-27-2019, 12:38 AM
with the early slate of sunday games, you never have to sit through because there's always other games going on when your primary is on commercial. thus the early slate of games is like freshman year of college. when your chick is on her period there's always others lining up to open their legs for you t'night.

with MNF, TNF and SNF it can get stale though, usually SNF games are some of the best matchups, but it's more analogous to being married in a country town imo

Oh I didn't know you could pick up nfl games in middle Earth

jbuenavides
09-27-2019, 01:53 AM
Keep on watching the game so that you will be familiar on how it works and who are the players/teams to root for. From their you will enjoy watching it and who knows maybe you may want to place a bet in the future and win a couple of bucks.

FrostKing
09-27-2019, 02:09 AM
OP, if you find the play boring then check out the show 'RedZone' on NFLnetwork. They hop between games focusing on scoring opportunities. Half the fans are watching this once their crappy teams are out of contention.

Millennial_Messiah
09-27-2019, 07:31 AM
Oh I didn't know you could pick up nfl games in middle Earth

The ProudFeet are among the richest class clans in the Shire LMAO. Gotta reread those Tolkien novels and not just watch the movies

spurraider21
09-27-2019, 02:01 PM
just start watching games tbh. dont choose old past their prime guys like rodgers/bell to start your fanhood tbh :lol

you'll get stuck with awful packers/jets teams in the near future

Millennial_Messiah
09-27-2019, 02:27 PM
just start watching games tbh. dont choose old past their prime guys like rodgers/bell to start your fanhood tbh :lol

you'll get stuck with awful packers/jets teams in the near future

Honestly, my best advice for a new fan without a team is to start rooting for Mahomes.

Blake
09-27-2019, 02:33 PM
You ought to try to watch it with someone that's already a huge football fans. Girls watching always ask questions and they get even more into the game as they get it

TimmyBuckets
09-27-2019, 02:54 PM
Bet money on it