PDA

View Full Version : Damn Immigration

Kip Fanatic
11-01-2005, 01:38 PM
I recently lost two guys because of deportation. I buy houses, fix them up, and sell them. The guy who installed carpet and the tile was deported like two weeks ago. The guy who installed the sheet rock was also deported yesterday. These guys were the best, but apparently didn't have papers. I had suspected, but never asked.

Neither of the two were working on my houses when the raid went down. I feel bad for them because they were really hard working and knew their stuff. I have to find guys who do this type of work and do it good.

Do any of you know of anyone that does this type of work and does it good?

Vashner
11-01-2005, 01:41 PM
Yea we need some good law changes to allow cheaper worker permits. I just want them to be fingerprinted and background checked first. No felony? Ok then charge 30-40 bucks for a year worker permit.

Right now it takes about 4000+ to get a worker permit.

Kip Fanatic
11-01-2005, 01:47 PM
I understand the laws and think its good or else we might have another 9/11. I don't want that. None of those people deserved that. However, I agree the law should be tweaked a bit. I don't know how, but what you said sounded good.

These guys knew they were in here illegal and knew the consequences. The immigration was just doing their job. I have no problem with that. I just need guys who do this type of work and do it good. These guys I lost were awesome. Always there when they said they would be there and never changed their price. I have dealt with people who say, "I'll do it for this much, but when they start working on it, they say, well, I have to ask for more now because blah, blah, blah." That's when I say, read this signed contract with your signature on it.

Duff McCartney
11-01-2005, 02:07 PM
Carrillo Tile.

My cousin is the owner. Pretty much alot of my family works there too laying down tile. Should give them a call.

I think I have a picture of our floor somewhere so you can see how it looks....shit nevermind can't find them.

Kip Fanatic
11-01-2005, 02:10 PM
Carillo Tile? Cool. Thanks a lot Duff. I appreciate that.

CosmicCowboy
11-01-2005, 02:39 PM
Considering the source I highly reccomend that you not pay them up front...:lol

Kip Fanatic
11-01-2005, 02:41 PM
Considering the source I highly reccomend that you not pay them up front...:lol

Funny. Wrong, but very freaking funny.

Old School Chic
11-01-2005, 02:47 PM
Sorry to say but some of these laws SUX!

They see a Mexican and right away they call Immigration...
What about all those ugly MOFO's that work at USAA. Those are the ones that we need to send back where they came from...Maybe that way we would have more jobs In the United States.

Kip Fanatic
11-01-2005, 02:53 PM
I agree to a certain degree SBC Girl. I really do because I have family out there (Mexico) and they only want to better their lives. It hurts when I hear how they struggle.

However, we can't just let everyone in the U.S. There has to be some regulations.

batman2883
11-01-2005, 02:55 PM
Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Hiring From Home Depot I See

JoeChalupa
11-01-2005, 03:00 PM
Sorry to say but some of these laws SUX!

They see a Mexican and right away they call Immigration...
What about all those ugly MOFO's that work at USAA. Those are the ones that we need to send back where they came from...Maybe that way we would have more jobs In the United States.

What ugly MOFO's that work at USAA? I see ugly MOFO's, myself included, work all over San Antonio.

Or were you referring to the workers from India or other parts of the world? And with USAA, I would think they are here legally and if they are then more power to them. There are thousands of jobs for those who really want to work. Just open the help wanted ads.

ObiwanGinobili
11-01-2005, 03:02 PM
I recently lost two guys because of deportation. I buy houses, fix them up, and sell them. The guy who installed carpet and the tile was deported like two weeks ago. The guy who installed the sheet rock was also deported yesterday. These guys were the best, but apparently didn't have papers. I had suspected, but never asked.

Neither of the two were working on my houses when the raid went down. I feel bad for them because they were really hard working and knew their stuff. I have to find guys who do this type of work and do it good.

I know a guy who lays tile... he does incredible work. Gorgeous, high quality, and he's fast.
He did the sun mosaic in the lobby of the community college in Corpus and he did the kitchen, patio and guesthouse at Tommy Lee Jone's house.
He has over 20+ yrs experiance.
PM me anbd I'll give you his name & phone #

Old School Chic
11-01-2005, 03:09 PM
What ugly MOFO's that work at USAA? I see ugly MOFO's, myself included, work all over San Antonio.

Or were you referring to the workers from India or other parts of the world? And with USAA, I would think they are here legally and if they are then more power to them. There are thousands of jobs for those who really want to work. Just open the help wanted ads.

Yes, Indeed... I was referring to the people from India... They are Invading the Medical Center Area. :cuss

Gatita
11-01-2005, 03:10 PM

If electrical work is needed. PM me.

My future father-in-law is a master electrician.

Gatita
11-01-2005, 03:12 PM
Yes, Indeed... I was referring to the people from India... They are Invading the Medical Center Area. :cuss

If you are serious about that statment, I have some advice for you.

Blow it out of your ass.

Stupid statements like that perpetuate the stereotype of arrogant Americans.

JoeChalupa
11-01-2005, 03:13 PM

I don't have a problem with that. My sister-in-law was just in the hospital due to kidney failure and my brother was more than happy that all her doctor's were from India because they were awesome.

I even told my wife that if I get admitted to the hospital don't hesitate to ask for a Doctor with a foreign last name because they know their stuff.

My parents doctors are from India and they love them.

But I can understand your frustration.

And not all are ugly. :smokin

11-01-2005, 03:18 PM
These guys were the best, but apparently didn't have papers. I had suspected, but never asked.

Did you hire them direct labor or as a subcontractor? Reason I ask, is that if you direct hired them, you're lucky ICE/DOL/Etc. hasn't fined you.

Gatita
11-01-2005, 03:25 PM
I don't have a problem with that. My sister-in-law was just in the hospital due to kidney failure and my brother was more than happy that all her doctor's were from India because they were awesome.

I even told my wife that if I get admitted to the hospital don't hesitate to ask for a Doctor with a foreign last name because they know their stuff.

My parents doctors are from India and they love them.

But I can understand your frustration.

And not all are ugly. :smokin

I have a couple of friends from India, who just graduated from the UTHSC's medical school program.

Damn them for getting an education and "invading the Medical Center".

BTW, great people. :tu

tlongII
11-01-2005, 03:39 PM
Carrillo Tile.

My cousin is the owner. Pretty much alot of my family works there too laying down tile. Should give them a call.

I think I have a picture of our floor somewhere so you can see how it looks....shit nevermind can't find them.

Maybe you can borrow some money from your cousin? :tu

SWC Bonfire
11-01-2005, 03:49 PM
If you can't find a tile contractor in San Antonio, you haven't walked outside. :lol

Seriously, there are a lot of skilled tilesetters in SA. Go to the big tile distributors and ask for recommendations.

Vashner
11-01-2005, 03:54 PM
Drive downtown to that place .. you know... /wink (where all the migrant workers hang out). (jk*.. but ).

Try to go to Mexico and take a job there.....

And go without papers... See how they treat you without a visa....

A hell of a lot worse than we treat Mexican citizens that come over without doing the proper paperwork.

T Park
11-01-2005, 03:57 PM
I have legal mexican workers who we get through a broker in Mexico who does all the paperwork, and gets them temporary work visas from the US and Mexican GOVT, and takes a minimal fee for it.

They are the best workers Ive ever had, most reliable, BUT, I would never hire illegal workers.

The white trash that is down at the Salvation Army though is more worthless and totally drug riddled.

fraga
11-01-2005, 04:00 PM
Damn straight...you want something done right...and good...get some Mexicans to do it...flipping houses eh.....I've always thought about doing that...guess you need alot of money though up front...

Kip Fanatic
11-01-2005, 04:14 PM
If you can't find a tile contractor in San Antonio, you haven't walked outside. :lol

Seriously, there are a lot of skilled tilesetters in SA. Go to the big tile distributors and ask for recommendations.

True dat. However, the guy I had did a great job and fast. He was there when he said he would be there and never asked for anything extra. In the beginning I hired a couple of guys who were recommended and they did a good job.

However, they would arrive at the house like at 10 when they said they would be there like @7:30. The others would throw extra fees that were crazy.

Vashner
11-01-2005, 04:16 PM
Buy some kneepads and rent a diamond wetsaw and a big ass drill / mixer.

SWC Bonfire
11-01-2005, 04:17 PM
^^^True, it's not rocket science^^^

Kip Fanatic
11-01-2005, 04:18 PM
Damn straight...you want something done right...and good...get some Mexicans to do it...flipping houses eh.....I've always thought about doing that...guess you need alot of money though up front...

Well, yes and no. I was blessed that my house was $20,000. I invested just over $15,000 and flipped it. I had a good chunk on that house. It took awhile, but it was well worth it. I went from there and never looked back.

Gatita
11-01-2005, 04:20 PM
Buy some kneepads and rent a diamond wetsaw and a big ass drill / mixer.

Easier said then done.

My viejo and I installed tile in our masterbedroom.

We thought it would be easy.

It was time consuming and labor intensive.

Kip Fanatic
11-01-2005, 04:22 PM
^^^True, it's not rocket science^^^
Maybe not, but I have other things to do during the day. When the going has gotten tough, I have had to put up sheet rock, paint, do landscaping, and etc. I don't think I'll try laying tile.

Flooring to a house is very important and a huge key when trying to sell the house.

SWC Bonfire
11-01-2005, 04:23 PM
It was time consuming and labor intensive.

Never said it wasn't. But if you aren't looking for something high-end and fancy, you can learn as you go.

I bet your old man's floor turned out OK, didn't it?

SWC Bonfire
11-01-2005, 04:24 PM
Maybe not, but I have other things to do during the day. When the going has gotten tough, I have had to put up sheet rock, paint, do landscaping, and etc. I don't think I'll try laying tile.

Flooring to a house is very important and a huge key when trying to sell the house.

Well, sounds like you know that your time is better spent doing more productive/important things than those others can do better. :tu

Vashner
11-01-2005, 04:28 PM
I have a friend that is a border patrol agent. He said 1 out of 10 migrants that they catch have a big bail of weed tied with string on there back. Mostly big square chunks. They let most of those people just go back without the costly trial.

Kip Fanatic
11-01-2005, 04:52 PM
Well, sounds like you know that your time is better spent doing more productive/important things than those others can do better. :tu

Yup. I don't want to mess with anything I am unsure of. I'd rather spend the money to have it done right the first time. I don't want to TRY to do it and then mess it up and pay double.

AlamoSpursFan
11-01-2005, 06:16 PM
I wonder if anybody ever does the Cheech and Chong thing and calls La Migra on themselves to get a free trip to Mexico?

:lol

Extra Stout
11-01-2005, 07:16 PM
Yes, Indeed... I was referring to the people from India... They are Invading the Medical Center Area. :cussOh no... we're being invaded by Indian physicians! They're going to perform highly competent surgery on us! They're going to contribute to the tax base with their six-figure salaries!! Aauuugh!!!!

Racista.

Gatita
11-02-2005, 12:15 PM
Oh no... we're being invaded by Indian physicians! They're going to perform highly competent surgery on us! They're going to contribute to the tax base with their six-figure salaries!! Aauuugh!!!!

Racista.

Sad isn't it?

Shelly
11-02-2005, 12:47 PM
Oh no... we're being invaded by Indian physicians! They're going to perform highly competent surgery on us! They're going to contribute to the tax base with their six-figure salaries!! Aauuugh!!!!

Racista.

This is in reference to SBCgirl's comment.

Doesn't matter where you train, you still have to pass the U.S. medical boards. Just like a U.S physician has to pass a state's medical boards to work in that state (unless you work for the government, then you don't have to licenced in the state you're working, just have a valid U.S. license).

Old School Chic
11-02-2005, 01:11 PM
This is in reference to SBCgirl's comment.

Doesn't matter where you train, you still have to pass the U.S. medical boards. Just like a U.S physician has to pass a state's medical boards to work in that state (unless you work for the government, then you don't have to licenced in the state you're working, just have a valid U.S. license).

Your right, Shelly. Thank you for the Information.

As for the sarcastic bitch that goes putting my comments on every thread...
You can go to hell!

Gatita
11-02-2005, 01:13 PM

You can go to hell!

Psst! Next time forego the stupid, racist comments.

And no, its not coming off of my sig.

Its your fault.

You made yourself look stupid.

I just like to remind you of it.

Old School Chic
11-02-2005, 01:19 PM
Psst! Next time forego the stupid, racist comments.

And no, its not coming off of my sig.

Its your fault.

You made yourself look stupid.

I just like to remind you of it.

I don't care If It's on your Sig or In your Ass! Just leave me the fuck alone!

Gatita
11-02-2005, 01:23 PM

There is an ignore option.

Use it.

And if you don't.

Your stupidity will haunt you.

Fuck it. :tu

Kip Fanatic
11-02-2005, 01:26 PM
Is it just me or does anyone else want to see a catfight in mud between Gatita and SBC Girl?

11-02-2005, 02:05 PM
Mud covers too much.

Make it baby oil.

Kip Fanatic
11-02-2005, 02:08 PM
Mud covers too much.

Make it baby oil.

True, but we can be there to rinse the mud off.

fraga
11-02-2005, 02:08 PM
Well if both of them ain't hot bitches I don't wanna see any of it...

Old School Chic
11-02-2005, 02:39 PM
Is it just me or does anyone else want to see a catfight in mud between Gatita and SBC Girl?

No, thank you. I'll pass... I have better things to do then to be making stupid sigs all day. :lol

I have a real life!

Kip Fanatic
11-02-2005, 02:45 PM
No, thank you. I'll pass... I have better things to do then to be making stupid sigs all day. :lol

I have a real life!

I was just trying to lighten the mood. I don't want my Spurstalk sista's fighting.

Old School Chic
11-02-2005, 02:49 PM
I was just trying to lighten the mood. I don't want my Spurstalk sista's fighting.

Ahhhhh... Thanks Kip Fanatic. :spin

Kip Fanatic
11-02-2005, 03:47 PM
Ahhhhh... Thanks Kip Fanatic. :spin

No problem. I know it will be impossible for all of us to agree on things here and to get along, but I figured it doesn't hurt to try.

T Park
11-02-2005, 04:23 PM
Gatita does fancy herself as a comedian/someone who thinks anyone gives a shit what she thinks.

Shelly
11-02-2005, 04:41 PM
Gatita does fancy herself as a comedian/someone who thinks anyone gives a shit what she thinks.

*goes and grabs some popcorn...*

Murphy
11-02-2005, 07:01 PM
Illegal Immigration=Slap in the face to those who paid their dues to be here legally

Summers
11-03-2005, 12:33 PM
Our tile and carpet guy does beautiful, cheap work. I'll PM you his number, but to be honest, I'm not sure he's legal either. :lol

I hate getting in the middle of fights but whenever someone says something dumb and I call them out on it, it annoys me when nobody backs me up, so... I'm a little late, but SBCGirl, your comments really were very rude and racist. Kudos to those who have already pointed it out. Sorry I'm late... I was sick yesterday.

SpursWoman
11-03-2005, 01:57 PM
I hate getting in the middle of fights but whenever someone says something dumb and I call them out on it, it annoys me when nobody backs me up, so... I'm a little late, but SBCGirl, your comments really were very rude and racist. Kudos to those who have already pointed it out. Sorry I'm late... I was sick yesterday.

As do I.....and I thought the slur on Indians was pretty fucking offensive, too.

SpursWoman
11-03-2005, 02:13 PM
OMG! What a coincidence!! :wow :wow :wow

I'm asking you to leave me the fuck alone.

I believe you had me confused with Gatita in that incident under your other screen name.

:lmao :lmao :lmao

Gatita
11-03-2005, 02:16 PM
OMG! What a coincidence!! :wow :wow :wow

I believe you had me confused with Gatita in that incident under your other screen name.

:lmao :lmao :lmao

You better watch yourself.

She has you pegged as an Indian lover.

She is going to send in the Klan after us.

:rolleyes

Mixability
11-03-2005, 02:19 PM
You better watch yourself.

She has you pegged as an Indian lover.

She is going to send in the Klan after us.

:rolleyes

ObiwanGinobili
11-03-2005, 02:28 PM

:tu I agree, thats just not right.

Old School Chic
11-03-2005, 05:53 PM
Sorry folks If I offended some of you with my comment from yesterday.

I love Indians! :lol

N.Y. Johnny
11-04-2005, 10:48 AM

SWC Bonfire
11-04-2005, 11:08 AM
It's morally reprehensible to make fun of Indians. You should be making fun of Mormons instead. :lol

(braces for impact from OBGYNobli :lol )

atlfan25
11-04-2005, 11:17 AM
It's just you.

TOP-CHERRY
11-04-2005, 11:25 AM

You can go to hell!
Her whole sig is moronic:

Gatita Owns Bat.

The funniest thing in the world is when Bat gets owned by Gatita on a daily basis.
Like owning bat should ever be considered a feat...

Notorious H.O.P.
11-04-2005, 12:24 PM
I love Indians! :lol

The Cleveland Indians or Native Americans maybe but its a little late to believe anything else after the "ugly MOFOs" comment.

Unless you're trying to say you love ugly MOFOs in which case I'm sure I'm sure some of the guys in the forum will ignore the potential rasicm and get in line to get some.

Gatita
11-04-2005, 04:25 PM

And like going out with you is something someone should be proud of. :rolleyes

Gatita
11-04-2005, 04:27 PM

But, hey stupid bitches have to stick together.

Spurgal, I mean SBCGirl is a winner. :tu

BTW, do you two go out in her Hummer?!

nkdlunch
11-04-2005, 04:37 PM
Love catfights!!!

keep it up...

actually just kiddin. Can't we all get along?

nkdlunch
11-04-2005, 04:39 PM
Illegal Immigration=Slap in the face to those who paid their dues to be here legally

just curious, what dues did you pay to be here legally?

TOP-CHERRY
11-04-2005, 04:53 PM
And like going out with you is something someone should be proud of. :rolleyes
How about next time we follow the sequence of logic? Yeah!!

ObiwanGinobili
11-04-2005, 04:56 PM
It's morally reprehensible to make fun of Indians. You should be making fun of Mormons instead. :lol

(braces for impact from OBGYNobli :lol )

well ....

A. makin fun of differnt people's can be quite entertaining..:lol (ie. a white guy, a black guy and a mexican are stuck in the desert.. etc etc )
but HATIN on a group is pretty fucked.

and
B. I would be sticking up for mormoms because???????? :huh

SpursWoman
11-04-2005, 04:57 PM
SWCBonfire:

*ahem*Jahova's Witness*ahem*

Old School Chic
11-04-2005, 05:00 PM
SWCBonfire:

SW, Is SWCBonfire a JW?

SpursWoman
11-04-2005, 05:03 PM
No....Obiwan posted a while back that she was, but he referred to her as being mormon...I was trying to help him save his slip up.

:spin

11-04-2005, 05:05 PM
SW, Is SWCBonfire a JW?

That would be the formerly preggers, black bar wielding, mortar slinging, ObiwanGinobilli who would be of the Witness persuasion.

Old School Chic
11-04-2005, 05:06 PM
No....Obiwan posted a while back that she was, but he referred to her as being mormon...I was trying to help him save his slip up.

:spin

Thank you, SW.
The only reason I asked Is because my Grandparents are Jehova's Witness's too.

ObiwanGinobili
11-04-2005, 05:14 PM
SWCBonfire:

tut tut :nope cheater!! :lol :lol.... helping him out like that ...

N.Y. Johnny
11-04-2005, 08:29 PM

http://www.cenedra.com/twinpeaks/chara/andrew.jpg

"Nice Shootin' Son...What's Your Name?"