PDA

View Full Version : Are Spurs Fans Depressed?

KoriEllis
07-23-2003, 05:19 PM
All day there's been between 40-50 people in here, but not much posting.

It's like everyone is staring at their computer screen, waiting for more bad news.

Put on a happy face, boys and girls. :spin :spin :spin

There's nothing to cry about. :cry :cry :cry

Spursman
07-23-2003, 05:24 PM
There's also not much to report :sleep :lol

ducks
07-23-2003, 05:25 PM
Piatkowski is making me MAD

bigzak25
07-23-2003, 05:25 PM
:depressed

gospurs21
07-23-2003, 05:26 PM
I'm just busy and it seems like a slow news day

what's not to be happy about...We ARE the reigning champions

Go Spurs...

Nbadan
07-23-2003, 05:31 PM
Spurs still have alot of money to spend (about $12 million). The rumored Horry deal would use about $5 million of that, and with mediocre players like Posey and Newbie getting signed, seems like time is running out on the Spurs to make any moves in the free-agent market.

Spurs have to start looking at trades from cap hungry teams, but kinda have their hands tied on the number of years they are willing to deal for given the coming free-agency of Manu and Tony Parker. This is why they only offered Horry a one-year guaranteed deal.

Right now, the Spurs free-agency summer would grade a C at best. Where's the moves POP? Bufraud?

Marcus Bryant
07-23-2003, 05:35 PM
So you want the Spurs to retain Ginobili, but you also want them to deal? How are they supposed to do that?

Nbadan
07-23-2003, 05:47 PM
It's not a matter of wanting one thing or the other. The Spurs either deal or fall behind other teams.

They can use Horry's money to resign Ginobili next summer, but they still have to keep Parker in mind before excepting any long term contracts.

Complication matters, dealing role players like Rose and Ginobili isn't even a consideration.

tlongII
07-23-2003, 05:50 PM
Spurs fans are obviously very depressed. They blew it with Scottie Pippen. If they would have offered him $11-12 M over 2 years they would be in the championship hunt. As it is, they will be one-hit wonders.

ducks
07-23-2003, 05:52 PM
atleast theĽ won something:wink

Marcus Bryant
07-23-2003, 05:53 PM
Why jump at the short term moves of other Western Conference teams? If the Spurs are in trouble because of other teams acquiring old ass former all-star talent the Spurs should just make a 1 year offer to someone like a Reggie Miller. Why blow up your current young core in a panic move?

They will need more than "Horry's money" to be able to sign Ginobili next summer to anything other than a deal starting at the average salary.

timvp
07-23-2003, 05:55 PM
Spurs fans need prozac ASAP:cry

CrazyOne
07-23-2003, 05:58 PM
It's getting bad for me... 12 of my personalitites have volunteered to drink the grape koolaid... if this keeps up I'm going to lose all my group discounts.

coz
07-23-2003, 06:04 PM
I think I am the epitome of that Spurs fan showing up just for more bad news. The SPurs have flat out blown it this offseason. Rasho and Fresh Prince are the best we could do? We have $16 million in cap space, and our primary lineup signed and intact, and we actually get WORSE????

All of you can tell me how good Pop is at locating talent, what a genius he is getting Parker and Manu, well the fact is that he was lucky. Manu was a scrub when drafted, he just worked out. Parker through the Grace of God slipped all the way down to us. This is all coming to light as Pop and RC continue to completely blow this offseason.

Now I'm the same as most of you guys (and girls), I'll be a fan of all of these guys once the season starts. For now however, I HATE Rasho, Fresh Prince is over the hill, and we lost Speedy while the Lakers and T Pups have gotten a lot better.

I am just flat out pissed at the front office for taking this remarkable turn of events (Champs and $ to spend) and completely making jackasses of themselves.

Pop and RC until the season starts = :flipoff :flipoff :flipoff :flipoff

Marcus Bryant
07-23-2003, 06:08 PM
That's the spirit.

Of course the Spurs could load up on contracts this summer and then have their hands tied next summer when it comes to offering Ginobili more than the average NBA salary. Then Spurs fans will complain then.

Ginobility
07-23-2003, 06:12 PM
it's funny....a month and a half ago, we were all on top of the world, only for it to last about a month, then we found out everything we were listening to was hyped up for absolutely no reason.

ducks
they are now better signing one year deals and having room to offer manu a deal and then offer tp an extension

CrazyOne
I'm not going to subscribe to the doom and gloom prognosticators who think we've tanked because the Spurs couldn't get a "big star" with all the cap money we have... would have been nice, but the Lakers are the only ones of the real competition that have really improved themselves, and that's just because their former PF and PG sucked big time.

I think part of the reaction is from a personal perspective. It feels like we've been rejected just because we're San Antonio. We're not feeling the love or respect from anyone out there, and it makes you want to slap somebody.

ALSPURS
07-23-2003, 06:22 PM
I for one am going to see a doctor for my depression...

My team just won two Championships in the last 5 years....

We have the best player in the game and back-to-back MVP in Tim Duncan.

We have a Brand new arena meaning that the Spurs will stay in San Antonio....

We have signed a Center to replace DR....should put up better numbers than DR did last year.

We still have some Money to sign another 1 or 2 players....

And none of our players have been arrested this offseason.

Whats to be excited about????

Everyone should be in Depression.....

SpursWoman
07-23-2003, 06:24 PM
I'm great! :)

Marcus Bryant
07-23-2003, 06:24 PM
it's funny....a month and a half ago, we were all on top of the world, only for it to last about a month, then we found out everything we were listening to was hyped up for absolutely no reason.

Well yeah, other than that championship thing and Duncan re-upping. Lord, take me now.

F7
07-23-2003, 06:31 PM
not depressed :elephant

SAmikeyp
07-23-2003, 09:17 PM
Im too busy to be depressed, I have a wedding to plan, a dying grandmother and family going nuts over both. So what's new with you? :wacko

21Crissy9
07-23-2003, 09:27 PM
Hey don't forget we did sign the best player in the NBA, you know that guy Tim Duncan.

coz
07-24-2003, 12:17 AM
"Well yeah, other than that championship thing and Duncan re-upping. Lord, take me now"

I'm not looking for tall bridges or anything, and I'm not a bandwagon fan. I just expected more out of this offseason, that's all. I feel like the front office made some mistakes and turned what could have been a dynasty clinching summer into a summer where we are merely in contention.

Tell me MB, is this what you expected out of this offseason? Turkeyglue, Fresh Prince, Rasho?

If you say yes, you will be lying............

Truthsayer
07-24-2003, 12:26 AM
Kori, for days I have been sitting around night and day hitting the "refresh" button every few minutes just waiting for news of the Spurs next move. It has been like watching water boil.

So finally I took a break and did some real work and look what happened. :elephant

There will be lots more posting for a while now. It will be interesting to see if any of the village malcontents will be happy for a while. I'm not holding my breath.

travis2
07-24-2003, 09:03 AM
Tell me, coz...what did the front office do wrong? Hmmmm? Forget to hold the pistol to those big-name free agents heads?

Lots of people have said it here but you seem to have trouble reading...YOU CAN'T FORCE SOMEONE TO SIGN WHERE THEY DON'T WANT TO GO.

Next you'll be saying that Pop and RC are the cause of poverty, AIDS, and World War II...

God, I hate going MarcusBryant on people because it just doesn't solve anything...but sometimes the idiocy in here is just too much to take...

alamo50
07-24-2003, 09:33 AM
How long have you people been a fan?
You still haven't learned to be patient during the offseason!?!?!
I come on here and see the same bitching and moaning that I always saw on SR.

travis2
07-24-2003, 10:16 AM
I hear you, Alamo...

Ghost Writer
07-24-2003, 10:40 AM
There was no posting yesterday, because I was at the Greater Hartford Open.

I am depressed.

This summer has been a disaster.

We're about to lose the two ballas I specifically handpicked to join the Spurs in Claxton and Jackson.

J. O'Neal / Brand has turned into Horry / Nesterovic.

The Lakers are better and we're treading water after two years of clearing cap space.

We pass on Smitty for Artest and Mercer in 2001 and now we accept Turkoglu and Mercer in 2003?

What a bunch of horsesh1t.

:vomit

:cooldevil

CosmicCowboyXXX
07-24-2003, 10:40 AM
This was a great off season...

Spurs couldn't get a "big" free agent but gave it their best shot...

There is no replacing the "intangible" value of David Robinson but NastyNesty should replace or improve on Davids numbers statistically and did it on a very cheap contract for a young healthy big man with a good work ethic. He should really blossom on the Spurs.

Spurs then used the balance of the cap money to improve our role players and bench without taking on a single bad contract...

SJax can still be signed with earlybird rights if Fegan wakes up and realizes that NO ONE is gonna give Jack a big dollar long contract...but...If he walks Spurs have a solid replacement in Mercer and it is going to be crowded at the 2/3 rotation anyway...

Spurs have an improved team over last years CHAMPIONSHIP TEAM and will have a lot of cap flexibility next summer to re-tool AGAIN...

The ONLY significant weakness I see is at backup point guard...although there really aren't that many good options remaining...obviously with our offence using Duncan as a point forward we can get by with using a guard like Manu as a backup to give Tony a rest, but if Tony goes down for an extended period of time with injuries we could be in deep shit...

Marcus Bryant
07-24-2003, 10:41 AM
We're about to lose the two ballas I specifically handpicked to join the Spurs in Claxton and Jackson.

Sober up before you post. Damn.

Ghost Writer
07-24-2003, 10:48 AM
I wanted Jack and Clax on the Spurs before they ever turned up on the Spurs radar. One is gone and the other one is getting the Derek Anderson treatment.

I can't wait for the Spurs to be softer than ever next year.

I hate the current roster.

Way to F' up the championship nucleus.

CosmicCowboyXXX
07-24-2003, 10:49 AM
damn Ghost...

we thought you drank the KoolAid...

Jimcs50
07-24-2003, 10:50 AM
Is Jackson gone or what??? I have not seen that SA has given up on him yet, have you? Does anyone know for sure if Jax is gone?

Marcus Bryant
07-24-2003, 10:51 AM
I wanted...

Who GAF what you wanted? If you cannot be happy when this team improves that's your own damn fault. Fegan fucked his client and who picked Fegan....? It's not a given that Jack is gone anyways.

The Spurs have coveted Turkoglu for some time now. With good reason.

Ghost Writer
07-24-2003, 10:55 AM
If Jackson goes, this summer will be a disaster.

Turkeyglue is not the answer.

We should've traded Smitty for Artest and Mercer instead of doing this Popd@mn Holt-ing Pattern.

What a joke.

Marcus Bryant
07-24-2003, 10:57 AM
Oh so Turkoglu sucks now? :lol

Do that trade and the Spurs don't win a title. Do that trade and Jack never blows up in SA.

bigzak25
07-24-2003, 11:01 AM
The Championship Nucleus.

TD
TPark
Manu
Malik
Bowen

all still spurs.

Ghost Writer
07-24-2003, 11:05 AM
That's bullsh1t, Marcus.

Our starting 5 the past two years would've been:

PF Duncan
SF Artest
C Robinson
PG Parker
SG Mercer

We might've won two titles with that lineup. In 2002, we could score against LA. Mercer and Artest can score and defend.

Turkeyglu is so great his numbers have regressed and Sacramento traded him away.

Marcus Bryant
07-24-2003, 11:08 AM
You really think the Spurs win two titles with that? You are out of your fucking mind.

:lol

Ghost Writer
07-24-2003, 11:11 AM
Excuse me, retard.

Bowen would still be on the team. So would Rose. And I don't know why Jackson's minimum salary wouldn't either.

Mercer > Smitty for the past two years.

Artest is second-star quality you fvcking dope.

Marcus Bryant
07-24-2003, 11:13 AM

Bowen doesn't come to SA because there isn't a starting spot for him. Jackson is left buried on the bench if he is even here at all because the Spurs already have the great Ron "Mental" Artest and Mercer.

Get lost 'tard. You have no point.

alamo50
07-24-2003, 11:15 AM
Why the hell you keep talking about Artest?
He will never be in silver and black because he is not worthy to represent the pride colours of the Alamo city, aight?

Ghost Writer
07-24-2003, 11:25 AM
Artest is Bowen with the benefit of an offensive skill set, Marcus. You are a fool. Watch some Eastern Conference basketball some time.

Mercer could've done more in the 2002 playoffs versus LA than Smitty. We were in every f'ing gmae, @ssh0le.

MannyIsGod
07-24-2003, 11:27 AM
He sure could have.

He could have taken out Phil Jackson and given him a heart attack a year early.

Jimcs50
07-24-2003, 11:30 AM
Ghost, are you completely off your nut? You are lamenting about a trade that did not happen two yrs ago, and we just won the championship. You would trade the championship for that trade????? Do you think we could have won 2 championships instead of 1 or what???? I would not gamble on that in my worst state of sanity.

Marcus Bryant
07-24-2003, 11:53 AM
Artest is Bowen with the benefit of an offensive skill set

Bullshit. Artest is nowhere near the perimeter defender that Bowen is. On top of that Bowen isn't a fucking mental patient like Artest.

alamo50
07-24-2003, 11:54 AM

bigzak25
07-24-2003, 11:56 AM
anyone try those new cereal bars....they're pretty good.

Marcus Bryant
07-24-2003, 12:03 PM
Mercer > Smitty for the past two years.

And that is relevant because...? Actually, take a look at Mercer's #s over the last couple of seasons. Your case is inconclusive and irrelevant...but then again, that's who you are.

Artest is second-star quality you fvcking dope.

:lol Bullshit. And on top of that Artest is a damn loon. If Artest was so fucking great why haven't the Pacers done jack in the East? Get a damn clue and get over this absurd love of the mentally unstable.

MannyIsGod
07-24-2003, 12:05 PM
Artest did a great job locking up Pierce.

Ghost Writer
07-24-2003, 12:14 PM
Marcus, Mercer's numbers have been better than Smitty's for three seasons now.

Artest will make the All-Star team this season. He's that good.

Popovich wouldn;t stand for any of Artest's shenanigans. Thomas encourages Artest's bad behavoir.

Thomas is the reason the Pacers get bounced. I've already articulated that to you.

Marcus Bryant
07-24-2003, 12:19 PM
Mercer's last two seasons have been horrible. And again, it doesn't mean a damn thing. Sure, Pop wouldn't stand for any of Artest's mental issues. That's why he never fucking brought him in to begin with.

Ghost Writer
07-24-2003, 12:22 PM
Are you this dense?

Mercer has put up better numbers than Smitty over the past three seasons!

Thomas encourages Artest's bad behavior, while Popovich would squelch it.

You stick to your myopic Spurs homerism and let me do the objective thinking around here.

Once again, your NO LIMIT summer has been horsesh1t. No more excuses, son.

Marcus Bryant
07-24-2003, 12:27 PM

Shut up, child. Your arguments are pointless. Yeah, the Spurs are in a horrible position right now. Yeah. Ghost, there's a reason we all laugh at you, not with you. It's because you are a fucking 'tard, ok? Nobody likes you. We tolerate you.

Get out.

Ghost Writer
07-24-2003, 12:28 PM
:sleep

Are you this dense?

Mercer has put up better numbers than Smitty over the past three seasons!

Thomas encourages Artest's bad behavior, while Popovich would squelch it.

You stick to your myopic Spurs homerism and let me do the objective thinking around here.

Once again, your NO LIMIT summer has been horsesh1t. No more excuses, son.

bigzak25
07-24-2003, 12:30 PM
GW, did you think we'd win the title last year?

TD was the only superstar. Just curious.

Marcus Bryant
07-24-2003, 12:30 PM
Mercer doesn't mean a goddam thing...'cept that your hero SJackson isn't a part of your scenario.

You're damn right Ghost. NO LIMIT kept Tim Duncan a Spur and has him surrounded by a youthful and talented supporting cast.

Unlike your plan, which would've had Duncan surrounded by capped out, literally insane talent.

MannyIsGod
07-24-2003, 12:32 PM
FINE

THE HOLTING PATTERN WAS A COMPLETE FAILURE.

WE FUCKED UP WHEN WE COULD'VE WON 2 TITLES.

THE SPURS HAVE ARGUEABLY THE DEEPEST AND BEST TEAM IN THE NBA.

WE ARE NBA CHAMPS, WITH A DAMN GOOD SHOT AT REPEATING.

**** IT.

Ghost Writer
07-24-2003, 12:36 PM
bigzak, I went on record early last year and said the Spurs would not win a title, unless Popovich dramtically changed the rotation (which he did), Robinson stayed healthy (which he did) and we got a lot of help in the playoffs by other teams getting hurt (which happened).

I did not think all that would line up.

Marcus Bryant
07-24-2003, 12:48 PM
Actually, you said the Spurs were not doing what it took to win a title with their personnel moves over the last two years.

Right.

T Park Num 9
07-24-2003, 12:49 PM
How is getting Mercer and Turoglu for nothing bad?

Nothing, mind you.

Nesterovic,Horry,Torkoglu,Mercer, All for NOTHING.

WTF is bad about this. How can you bitch about this?!?!?!?

Jackson more than likely resigns.

If he doesnt? Who fuckin cares. Turkoglu >>>> Jackson.

Mercer >>>> Jackson.

They improved there team. how the hell is this BAD?!?!?!!?

bigzak25
07-24-2003, 12:57 PM
GW,

have you ever been wrong?

Ghost Writer
07-24-2003, 01:26 PM
MB, you have no room to quote me or anyone else for that matter. You're the biggest revisionist going, liar.

I stand by what I said. We needed all three opf those things to go right to have a shot. I didn't think it would all come together. I didn't think the Spurs would win last year.

Neither did any of you homers.

What's your point?

Question.

Marcus Bryant
07-24-2003, 01:28 PM
Bullshit. I said from day one that the Spurs needed to set themselves up for cap room when DRob retired and that yes, they could land a star via free agency or in a trade. I never said they would. Beyond that what is so damn bad with what the Spurs have now? What drug are you on?

Ghost Writer
07-24-2003, 01:43 PM
Claritin D 12 hour.

You said this was the summer the Spurs would not have to settle.

romsho
07-24-2003, 01:46 PM
How can the Spurs just finish winning their second NBA championship and yet some want to second guess personnel moves that were made BEFORE the title was won? For chrissakes, check yourself. Type away all the bullshit you want, they won ther F-ing title- they are right, you, me or anyone else who doubted are forever proved wrong. Hypothetical shit does not apply. Get over it.

bigzak25
07-24-2003, 01:46 PM
when they added manu and speedy.
i thought that was enough to get over the laker hump,
based on the 2002 series.
jax was gravy.

I believed the spurs would win and I know alot of others did too...thus the homer mentality.

right now, as it stands, with the current roster...
and not to be captain obvious...
the spurs are weaker in the middle without drob
and we're crossing our fingers at the backup point.

will the FA pickups be enough to offset...i have no idea.
we are weaker defensively though. that's gonna be a big factor.

Marcus Bryant
07-24-2003, 01:48 PM
I said this was the summer they could pursue some top free agents. If not then they would have the cap room they needed to build this team. They have done that.

Again, WTF is so awful about this? You act as though bringing in a star free agent is the minimum that any team should do every summer. That's not the fucking case. The Spurs gave it their best shot. Did you really want them to not and settle like a bunch of pussies a couple of years ago? Come on. If the Spurs were ever going to add a star free agent then they've got to take the 'risk'. On top of that they've developed a group of young talent.

I look at the Spurs, I read your posts, and then I realize what a spoiled rotten little whiney ass kid you sound like.

Grow up already.

Ghost Writer
07-24-2003, 01:53 PM
When I mentioned the Spurs haven't brought in star talent outside of the draft in 30 years, you said they never had cap flexibility to do so.

You said for the past two years that this summer would be different.

bigzak25
07-24-2003, 02:00 PM
The MO for this current spurs FO could be-

we don't bring in stars...we make'm.

alamo50
07-24-2003, 02:25 PM
"If he doesnt? Who fuckin cares. Turkoglu >>>> Jackson.

Mercer >>>> Jackson".

Wow T Park, I thought you were Sjax' #1 fan?

:shock

Marcus Bryant
07-24-2003, 02:30 PM
When I mentioned the Spurs haven't brought in star talent outside of the draft in 30 years, you said they never had cap flexibility to do so.

Which was correct. ****, notice how many teams signed star free agents this summer? That shit doesn't always happen. The way most teams get stars is through the draft. Anyways, you come up with these insignificant arguments which really aren't worth much (Spurs need more "ballas", Spurs need black coaches, whatever) and then harp on it like it means a damn thing.

Ghost Writer
07-24-2003, 04:27 PM
That's why we should've never entered into a Holt-ing Pattern, dummy. Too bad it took this summer for you to realize what I warned against all along, homer.

T Park Num 9
07-24-2003, 04:31 PM
I am,

but if he wants to be Derek Anderson Jr

I dont have time for guys that get built up and MADE here and then run for the money somewhere else.

Realisticly Turkoglu and Mercer ARE better than Jack.

Turkoglu is going to be the next PEJA.

He showed the makings of it two years ago.

alamo50
07-25-2003, 12:47 PM
You have heard these words out of his mouth while watching him on tv?