PDA

View Full Version : Gregg Popovich blasts 'unprofessional' Marcus Morris departure that left Spurs 'blindsided

ducks
10-01-2019, 12:11 AM
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/gregg-popovich-blast-unprofessional-marcus-morris-departure-that-left-spurs-blindsided-032132149.html

MoSpur02
10-01-2019, 12:36 AM
That was dirty.

lefty
10-01-2019, 01:04 AM
Please

SpurPadre
10-01-2019, 02:36 AM
He's still a saint compared to that piece of rat shit Load Management. Too bad Pop didn't call him unprofessional when he had the chance, tbh.

BillMc
10-01-2019, 02:46 AM
He's still a saint compared to that piece of rat shit Load Management. Too bad Pop didn't call him unprofessional when he had the chance, tbh.

Truth.

Worst Pop did was call him "not a leader."

pookenstein
10-01-2019, 05:11 AM
Bill, I hope you never go all PC on us and delete your Sig Girls.

RC_Drunkford
10-01-2019, 05:13 AM
team would be a title contender if we had Morris. Fuck him

sananspursfan21
10-01-2019, 06:32 AM
I read about that. Didn’t really sound like he “blasted” anyone, just kind of stated that Morris was unprofessional about it....which, he was.

r0drig0lac
10-01-2019, 06:41 AM

Genovaswitness
10-01-2019, 07:48 AM
glad to see pop getting his nuts back tbh

Poolboy5623
10-01-2019, 08:40 AM
Truth.

Worst Pop did was call him "not a leader."

...right before leading the Raptors to a finals victory..

cd98
10-01-2019, 08:56 AM
It’s nice to see a little honesty instead of PR crap. What Morris and the Knicks did becomes ok if you don’t call it out. It becomes the norm.

Play Boban
10-01-2019, 09:06 AM
Pop with a rare truth bomb tbh.

Now back to your regularly scheduled SJW programming per par.

Keepin' it real
10-01-2019, 09:43 AM
Define "blast".

ZeusWillJudge
10-01-2019, 10:59 AM
:lol Maybe that's considered "blasted" at some English tea party.

I mean, it's not like Pop came out and said Morris had poor taste in wine or something. THAT would have been really ugly!

MultiTroll
10-01-2019, 11:17 AM
It’s nice to see a little honesty instead of PR crap. What Morris and the Knicks did becomes ok if you don’t call it out. It becomes the norm.
Also nice to hear him say it with a normal voice. Not the sardonic condescending crap that he thinks is cutesy.

Pop with a rare truth bomb tbh.

Now back to your regularly scheduled SJW programming per par.

Ed Helicopter Jones
10-01-2019, 11:21 AM
Morris is a POS asshole. We got rid of a young talent, and a "Spurs" guy. Although Davis had his limitations, he did contribute to some good regular season wins. I posted my dislike/distrust of the Morris twins when we were speculating on available free agents, and Marcus Morris didn't disappoint.

phxspurfan
10-01-2019, 11:48 AM
team would be a title contender if we had Morris

Not sure if I agree with this. He;s good, but wouldn't change the fact that we have a starting PG who has no jumper and is returning from an ACL, another PG who can't really shoot and is just a distributor, 2 SGs in PG bodies who can't play defense, an aging PF/C in a small ball league, and DeRozan. Treadmill team tbh, in the ilk of the 00's Nuggets or the early 2010s Hawks. Some middling tier guys and role players, not much else.

lefty
10-01-2019, 12:19 PM
The ego on the Spurms FO ......

Shitty holier than thou attitude

BillMc
10-01-2019, 12:20 PM
Bill, I hope you never go all PC on us and delete your Sig Girls.

I vow to fight until the end, my friend!

BackHome
10-01-2019, 12:29 PM
Yeah the “I Give Up” attitude needs to go like why be on this board if you just want to wine and cry about the team you support doesn’t make sense. Shit the season has not even started and people are signaling our doom. Lol

KobesAchilles
10-01-2019, 12:36 PM

BillMc
10-01-2019, 12:43 PM
:lol Maybe that's considered "blasted" at some English tea party.

I mean, it's not like Pop came out and said Morris had poor taste in wine or something. THAT would have been really ugly!

Morris drinks boxed wine. We all know it.

SpurPadre
10-01-2019, 01:14 PM
...right before leading the Raptors to a finals victory..

That's easy to do when there are MULTIPLE INJURIES TO THE OPPOSING TEAM'S BEST PLAYERS

SpurPadre
10-01-2019, 01:17 PM
Not sure if I agree with this. He;s good, but wouldn't change the fact that we have a starting PG who has no jumper and is returning from an ACL, another PG who can't really shoot and is just a distributor, 2 SGs in PG bodies who can't play defense, an aging PF/C in a small ball league, and DeRozan. Treadmill team tbh, in the ilk of the 00's Nuggets or the early 2010s Hawks. Some middling tier guys and role players, not much else.

You're working on the premise that Murray will never have a jumper and doesn't have the capacity to improve his game?

phxspurfan
10-01-2019, 01:18 PM
You're working on the premise that Murray will never have a jumper and doesn't have the capacity to improve his game?

Even if Murray's 150lb ass turned into Michael Redd, and we got Marcus Morris, there's no way we're contenders again. The team's best players are known to shrivel up in the limelight.

ZeusWillJudge
10-01-2019, 01:40 PM
Morris drinks boxed wine. We all know it.

:lol. Through a straw, the bastid.

ZeusWillJudge
10-01-2019, 01:49 PM
Even if Murray's 150lb ass turned into Michael Redd, and we got Marcus Morris, there's no way we're contenders again. The team's best players are known to shrivel up in the limelight.

Second round, baby. And this time, we mean it.

Joking aside, if Morris brought his A game - size, defense, and 3P shooting - he would have been a hell of an addition. You could measure it in games won over the course of a season. But if he could be counted on to do all that, he wouldn't be joining his 5th team at the beginning of his 9th season.

phxspurfan
10-01-2019, 01:54 PM
But if he could be counted on to do all that, he wouldn't be joining his 5th team at the beginning of his 9th season.

Exactly. The Celtics of those 2 years (not last year) were the perfect combination of young(ish) pups with heart, drive, just-enough talent, decent coaching with an innovative style, etc etc. They couldn't even replicate that lightning in a bottle, especially since the downfall/trading of IT, who was their heart. Also Smart and Horford's versatility really helped Morris do his thing, with everyone else rotating crisply and covering up any mistakes defensively.

In the end, he's still a knuclehead Morris brother, sadly. He is who he is, and on the Knicks, his true self will come out again. He's no Kawhi stopper.

tbh, DWhite is probably decent defensively for now at that spot against SFs, especially since we can put Murray in there against the Westbrook types and possibly Lonnie Walker, if the offense doesn't grind to a halt with the three of them in at once. It should relieve Pop of having to put DeMar on the other team's best scorer, and leave him and LMA to do their hero ball on offense (sadly our best chance to win).

Alas, Pop will probably do something stupid like put a lineup like this out there:

LMA
Rudy Gay/Carroll (on the Dante Cunningham/TOSB plan, too old/slow to keep up with the other team's best player, yet matched up on that guy, who will roast us for an average of 30+ppg)
DeMar (to heroball it up, and cough it up in crunch time)
Mills (because 50 Mills)
White (man crush)

the lineup really should be

LMA
DeMar/Rudy
White/DeMar (when White shits the bed, per par)
Walker
Murray/Mills

J_Paco
10-01-2019, 02:18 PM
Exactly. The Celtics of those 2 years (not last year) were the perfect combination of young(ish) pups with heart, drive, just-enough talent, decent coaching with an innovative style, etc etc. They couldn't even replicate that lightning in a bottle, especially since the downfall/trading of IT, who was their heart. Also Smart and Horford's versatility really helped Morris do his thing, with everyone else rotating crisply and covering up any mistakes defensively.

In the end, he's still a knuclehead Morris brother, sadly. He is who he is, and on the Knicks, his true self will come out again. He's no Kawhi stopper.

tbh, DWhite is probably decent defensively for now at that spot against SFs, especially since we can put Murray in there against the Westbrook types and possibly Lonnie Walker, if the offense doesn't grind to a halt with the three of them in at once. It should relieve Pop of having to put DeMar on the other team's best scorer, and leave him and LMA to do their hero ball on offense (sadly our best chance to win).

Alas, Pop will probably do something stupid like put a lineup like this out there:

LMA
Rudy Gay/Carroll (on the Dante Cunningham/TOSB plan, too old/slow to keep up with the other team's best player, yet matched up on that guy, who will roast us for an average of 30+ppg)
Mills (because 50 Mills)
White (man crush)

LMA
DeMar/Rudy
Walker
Murray/Mills

Do you want me to get you a Kleenex before the season even starts?

rjv
10-01-2019, 02:36 PM
not really what i would say was 'blasting' anything. he just didn't sugar coat it.

RC_Drunkford
10-01-2019, 02:38 PM

that's under the assumption that Murray hasn't improved at all. I believe he has made great strides and will improve even more as the Playoffs arrive. White should have a 3-point shot. Lonnie should be good for 10 Points off the bench. DeRozan should shoot 30+% from 3. Poeltl should show some new moves and improve his FT-shooting. Morris would've been the best forward on this team and a rotation of Morris/Gay/Carroll would've been great especially against the Clippers.

8FOR!3
10-01-2019, 05:43 PM
Good I'll be at the Spurs game in MSG in November to boo that judas on the Knicks.

Roscoe P. Coltrane
10-01-2019, 06:09 PM
It’s nice to see a little honesty instead of PR crap. What Morris and the Knicks did becomes ok if you don’t call it out. It becomes the norm.He should of called it out when it first happened, to late now.

Roscoe P. Coltrane
10-01-2019, 06:23 PM

LMA
Mills (because 50 Mills)
White (man crush)

LMA
DeMar/Rudy
Walker
Murray/Mills Walker the starting 2 guard? :lmao

SAGirl
10-01-2019, 07:00 PM
Actually glad that he spoke plainly and didn’t deflect like he’s known to do when asked about something he doesn’t want to talk about. Thought there was more maneuvering in the background but it turns out Morris was just scum.

ZeusWillJudge
10-01-2019, 09:10 PM
At least he finally spoke up about the fact that it cost the team Bertans. That was the real disaster of him reneging. It pisses me off just thinking about it.

I hope the Spurs raised enough hell behind the scenes that the league will finally make some changes. It's a broken system. And I expect to see more of this if the league doesn't address it.

Genovaswitness
10-01-2019, 09:25 PM
At least he finally spoke up about the fact that it cost the team Bertans. That was the real disaster of him reneging. It pisses me off just thinking about it.

I hope the Spurs raised enough hell behind the scenes that the league will finally make some changes. It's a broken system. And I expect to see more of this if the league doesn't address it.

lyles will be better than bertans. don't give a fuck about his regular season 3 pt %age when he was dogshit in the playoffs every year. he'll be out of the league soon enough

spurraider21
10-01-2019, 10:17 PM
which spurstalk poster is the author of this article? they also call him "bertrans"

spurraider21
10-01-2019, 10:19 PM
lyles will be better than bertans. don't give a fuck about his regular season 3 pt %age when he was dogshit in the playoffs every year. he'll be out of the league soon enough
tell me all about trey lyles' postseason heroics

ducks
10-01-2019, 11:33 PM
which spurstalk poster is the author of this article? they also call him "bertrans"

Ducks

ZeusWillJudge
10-02-2019, 12:16 AM

Ignore him. No thread is complete until he drops in and pisses on things. If you talk to him he'll just lift his leg again.

Genovaswitness
10-02-2019, 06:53 AM
Ignore him. No thread is complete until he drops in and pisses on things. If you talk to him he'll just lift his leg again.

nice job replying to my post

hurr bertans *clank*

Hes got a missing ring finger from dunking cus he loves ball *broken ankles on the perimeter*

*clank clank clank*

Ficking retard

DMC
10-02-2019, 11:55 PM
As the integrity of dealings from NBA players and their agents continues to plummet, what is the end game? This trend of shitty dealings seems to be gaining steam. In the past when D'Andre Jordan stiffed Cuban, it was seen as a slight, and frowned upon. Then you have that shit Kawhi pulled in San Antonio, then the AD to Lakers thing and other "stars" fucking over their teams and even other teams during negotiations, now Morris does some stupid shit like that... When will that coward Silver step up and grow some balls? These players are going to royally fuck over anyone who comes after them once a new CBA is in place, one that holds players accountable for NBA business as if they are part of the organization instead of competing interests.

monty4329
10-03-2019, 10:00 AM
After all, we are better off not having Morris and his antics. Bertans would have played limited minutes anyway, I believe.

ismael-robert
10-03-2019, 04:09 PM
Lets watch lyles n morris thru dec and see where each is at then maybe we can trade for him since NY should be tanking...n he'll have his precious contract

Spurtacular
10-03-2019, 05:44 PM
Spurs should've known better than to deal with a thug, tbh.

ismael-robert
10-03-2019, 10:56 PM
We may need a thug on defense to handle kawhi n george etc

8FOR!3
10-04-2019, 01:52 PM

I can't attest to that but I do think he has more of an NBA body than Bertans. Doesn't mean he'll pan out or be better but Bertans imo was a frustrating part of the rotation, he always flashed a ton of potential on defense and etc. but then at other times didn't look any more than just a guy who can shoot 3's.

Arcadian
10-04-2019, 02:55 PM
I really don't think Marcus Morris is the difference between being a title contender and not. That's giving him way too much credit.

cd98
10-04-2019, 03:42 PM
I really don't think Marcus Morris is the difference between being a title contender and not. That's giving him way too much credit.

I think he makes a big difference. Not because he is a great player, but because he is a good player that can play the 3/4 and we will need those to compete against the Clippers. He's valuable for match up reasons.

The media is so player empowerment that Pop's complaints lasted about 5 minutes outside of San Antonio and were forgotten.