PDA

View Full Version : Is Jihad Keeping Our Gas Cheap?

Millennial_Messiah
10-02-2019, 10:42 AM
Just about every time I head to the pump (a lot, it's DFW, takes forever to get anywhere) I can't help but think.

The US refuses to trade with Iran and Russia, so the options are pretty slim aside from producing our own oil, which we don't want to seem to do. That leads us to relying on the Arab Gulf states, largely Saudi Arabia, for obtaining our supply.

Say what you want about the Muslim states, but they are definitely not liberal; they are very capitalist and don't care about the environment nor things like air quality. They are some of the most polluted places in the world, with no trees and little foliage to alleviate the air pollution caused by the massive, trillions-per-month gas and oil industry there.

Saudi Arabia is the common name for the House of Saud, a 1910s Salafist Sunni jihadist cult (not unlike the ISIS of the 2010s, 100 years later) that used their extremist religious tactics and barbarism to destroy the moderate Muhammadan Hashemite Arab state, and other Arab states in the process to created a united Islamic State of the House of Saud. They of course would go on to become the largest supplier of oil in the world. Nobody batted a second eye at this at the time, because, well, media in the 1910s was in its infancy, and the major onus was on the ongoing war and turmoil in Europe.

Turn the calendar around to 2014, when ISIS creates shockwaves across the world by conquering half of Syria and almost half of Iraq. But in the US, that was the year that gas prices oddly went down by about a dollar from the beginning to the end of the year; the national average plummeted by about a dollar from around $3.50 per gallon to under $2.50 by the end of 2014. Why this sudden change back to 2005 levels, all of a sudden? Aside from the immediate crash of the recession in late 2008, US consumers had not seen such cheap gas in a very long time. Might Saudi Arabia have had something to do with this? I think so.

Pavlov
10-02-2019, 10:44 AM
:lol it's like you've never heard of fracking

SpursforSix
10-02-2019, 10:49 AM
Just about every time I head to the pump (a lot, it's DFW, takes forever to get anywhere) I can't help but think.

The US refuses to trade with Iran and Russia, so the options are pretty slim aside from producing our own oil, which we don't want to seem to do. That leads us to relying on the Arab Gulf states, largely Saudi Arabia, for obtaining our supply.

Say what you want about the Muslim states, but they are definitely not liberal; they are very capitalist and don't care about the environment nor things like air quality. They are some of the most polluted places in the world, with no trees and little foliage to alleviate the air pollution caused by the massive, trillions-per-month gas and oil industry there.

Saudi Arabia is the common name for the House of Saud, a 1910s Salafist Sunni jihadist cult (not unlike the ISIS of the 2010s, 100 years later) that used their extremist religious tactics and barbarism to destroy the moderate Muhammadan Hashemite Arab state, and other Arab states in the process to created a united Islamic State of the House of Saud. They of course would go on to become the largest supplier of oil in the world. Nobody batted a second eye at this at the time, because, well, media in the 1910s was in its infancy, and the major onus was on the ongoing war and turmoil in Europe.

Turn the calendar around to 2014, when ISIS creates shockwaves across the world by conquering half of Syria and almost half of Iraq. But in the US, that was the year that gas prices oddly went down by about a dollar from the beginning to the end of the year; the national average plummeted by about a dollar from around $3.50 per gallon to under $2.50 by the end of 2014. Why this sudden change back to 2005 levels, all of a sudden? Aside from the immediate crash of the recession in late 2008, US consumers had not seen such cheap gas in a very long time. Might Saudi Arabia have had something to do with this? I think so.

You are going to have a life full of disappointment and financial setbacks.

boutons_deux
10-02-2019, 10:53 AM

BigOil doesn't pay the externals costs of fucking up America with fracking, and sets the domestic price of oil to the world price, no break for US drivers from domestic oil.

BigOil now wants a huge pipeline run through the Edwards plateau and aquifer. Fuck those assholes.

SnakeBoy
10-02-2019, 11:14 AM
Turn the calendar around to 2014, when ISIS creates shockwaves across the world by conquering half of Syria and almost half of Iraq. But in the US, that was the year that gas prices oddly went down by about a dollar from the beginning to the end of the year; the national average plummeted by about a dollar from around $3.50 per gallon to under $2.50 by the end of 2014. Why this sudden change back to 2005 levels, all of a sudden?

Honestly cannot think of any reason other than ISIS

http://www.thegwpf.com/content/uploads/2018/02/US-oil-Jan18-1024x634.png

TheGreatYacht
10-02-2019, 11:29 AM
American Military Fights for ISIS - ISIS = Israeli Secret Intelligence Service

https://youtu.be/5Kc3azx_Nc4

MultiTroll
10-02-2019, 11:30 AM
I'm going electric car.
Done with Big Oil.

TheGreatYacht
10-02-2019, 11:31 AM
ISIS = MOSSAD (Israeli Secret Intelligence Service)

https://youtu.be/2KYcgjUPPSY

Spurtacular
10-05-2019, 12:54 AM

Tell us about it, neutered Chump.

SnakeBoy
10-05-2019, 10:58 AM
I'm going electric car.
Done with Big Oil.

Which one are you buying?

Winehole23
10-05-2019, 12:11 PM
Tell us about it, neutered Chump.OP got nuked, tbh

Spurtacular
10-05-2019, 01:39 PM
OP got nuked, tbh

Post 5 didn't happen, blakehole says.

Winehole23
10-05-2019, 01:43 PM
Post 5 didn't happen, blakehole says.OP got nuked a second time in that post. Sloppy seconds, but it still counts.

Poor Derp.

Spurtacular
10-05-2019, 01:45 PM
OP got nuked a second time in that post. Sloppy seconds, but it still counts.

Poor Derp.

Blakehole fapping.

Winehole23
10-05-2019, 01:47 PM
Derp again with the sweet nothings.

Think I'll step outside and enjoy the nice day, the air in here is getting a bit close.

Spurtacular
10-05-2019, 02:19 PM
Derp again with the sweet nothings.

Think I'll step outside and enjoy the nice day, the air in here is getting a bit close.

There's nothing sweet about you fapping, blakehole. But I can see you're problem that you think so.