PDA

View Full Version : Rockets: Big Trouble in Little China: Morey about to be fired

phxspurfan
10-07-2019, 12:35 AM
https://www.nba.com/article/2019/10/06/cba-suspends-cooperation-rockets

BEIJING (AP) — Houston Rockets general manager Daryl Morey tried Sunday to defuse the rapidly growing fallout over his deleted tweet that showed support for Hong Kong anti-government protesters, saying he did not intend to offend any of the team’s Chinese fans or sponsors.

(...)criticism came from Tencent, a major media partner of the NBA in China with a streaming deal that is worth $1.5 billion over the next five years, and Chinese state television — both of which said they would not be showing Rockets games.

https://i.ibb.co/2jLy276/daryl-morey-houston-rockets-hong-kong-protestors.jpg

:lol Rockettes

endrity
10-07-2019, 10:08 AM
This is the hypocrisy and ridiculousness of the modern left and idiotic embrace of "political correctness" as the main ideology.

You have athletes that are willing to stand up for any local issue, no matter how true or not. An entire intellectual class lauds them while they stand up for defining issues such as trans-gender pronouns, third bathrooms, or cultural appropriations. Yet when the most important values of Western democracies, those who have shaped and allowed Western countries to grow and prosper, namely freedom and democracy, are being challeged, an entire intellectuall class and the "social-concious" athletes go quiet.

What B.S of the highest order this is! At least Cap was willing to put his money on the line for what he believed.

FrostKing
10-07-2019, 10:12 AM
This is the hypocrisy and ridiculousness of the modern left and idiotic embrace of "political correctness" as the main ideology.

You have athletes that are willing to stand up for any local issue, no matter how true or not. An entire intellectual class lauds them while they stand up for defining issues such as trans-gender pronouns, third bathrooms, or cultural appropriations. Yet when the most important values of Western democracies, those who have shaped and allowed Western countries to grow and prosper, namely freedom and democracy, are being challeged, an entire intellectuall class and the "social-concious" athletes go quiet.

What B.S of the highest order this is! At least Cap was willing to put his money on the line for what he believed.
:wakeup

FrostKing
10-07-2019, 10:21 AM
https://i.ibb.co/R4vQ6zr/Screenshot-2019-10-07-08-19-23-1.png

endrity
10-07-2019, 10:26 AM
Let's rephrase it. We love China's money and therefore we will not say anything to threaten that. However, we are willing to talk about any other social issue which will not cause us any loss in our pocket.

Social heros at best!

djohn2oo8
10-07-2019, 11:08 AM
The Rockets have been deep in the China market ever since they drafted Yao. Understandable. But the “we loveChina” comments, fuck that. Not supporting that bullshit.

whitemamba
10-07-2019, 11:38 AM

:tu

lefty
10-07-2019, 12:17 PM
Let's rephrase it. We love China's money and therefore we will not say anything to threaten that. However, we are willing to talk about any other social issue which will not cause us any loss in our pocket.

Social heros at best!

lefty
10-07-2019, 01:15 PM

Bynumite
10-07-2019, 01:35 PM
Ambchink needs to tell his people to chill.

ambchang
10-07-2019, 02:13 PM

Dude, those ethnic cleansing dictators can go hang with magic.

BD24
10-07-2019, 03:14 PM
:lol

TimDunkem
10-07-2019, 05:25 PM

:tu

Ed Helicopter Jones
10-07-2019, 06:48 PM
Money talks. The NBA isn't going to threaten that cash cow. Hong Kong needs to just put their commie pants on like big boys and suck it up.

Yogatti
10-07-2019, 07:33 PM
Why is Greg Popovich silent on this issue? Shouldn't he be voicing his opinion like the attention wh0re he is about this? Or is he too much of a pvssy to say anything?

UZER
10-07-2019, 07:44 PM
NBA:

2017 - cancels all star game in Charlotte

2019 - apologizes to China

daslicer
10-07-2019, 07:48 PM
NBA:

2017 - cancels all star game in Charlotte

2019 - apologizes to China

As someone who lives in Charlotte that really pissed me off.

ElNono
10-07-2019, 10:01 PM
http://lakergifs.com/wp-content/uploads/magicpopTW.gif

Spurtacular
10-07-2019, 11:31 PM

None of the resident lefty cucks here could say a word against communist China when I presented this here right before the Morey stuff went down.

https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=281371

Spurtacular
10-07-2019, 11:32 PM
The Rockets have been deep in the China market ever since they drafted Yao. Understandable. But the “we loveChina” comments, fuck that. Not supporting that bullshit.

Whatever you got to tell yourself to support your commie enablers, bruh.

Spurtacular
10-07-2019, 11:33 PM
Why is Greg Popovich silent on this issue? Shouldn't he be voicing his opinion like the attention whore he is about this? Or is he too much of a pvssy to say anything?

Hundred percent agree. If he can't go against the grain, then he is nothing but the coward bitch we all know he is.

Beartrucci
10-07-2019, 11:42 PM
Adam Silver presser in the morning...

midnightpulp
10-08-2019, 12:21 AM
:lol Chinaball

midnightpulp
10-08-2019, 01:35 AM

I'm as bleeding heart as they come, but this is absolutely correct, and why I think "protests" such as NFL players kneeling during the anthem are little more than self-righteous and self-indulgent lip service in order to score social media points from blue checkmarks. If these NFL players really wanted to shake shit up, they would've boycotted the season. Same with half-billionaires like Roger Waters displaying "Fuck Trump" on the jumbotron at his concerts and these richer-than-God Hollywood fucks constantly complaining about Trump on twitter. They actually have the money and power to change things, but inevitably shirk at doing anything that might come with some discomfort or hit to the pocket book/status. How about doing something like "Disney is putting all Marvel content on hold until gun rights, or immigrant rights, or healthcare etc, etc" are reformed in the country. Or NFL players refusing to play until something is done about police violence.

The NBA is following that same trend. Oh yeah, they're more than "woke" when that wokeness doesn't correspond to lost profits, but they'll happily bend over for one of the biggest human rights violators on the planet who stomp on issues such as transgender rights, something the NBA feigned concerned about.

"

ElNono
10-08-2019, 02:17 AM
It's not complicated, management and ownership are not the same as the players/coaches... Steve Kerr (should run for POTUS, IMO) wouldn't stand for Adam Shekel's shenanigans if he would be in a position to challenge it.

Players have staged their own protests in the past that were not endorsed by the NBA either (ie: police shootings).

It's actually really unfortunate this comes from the Rockets ownership, tbh, it perpetrates the prototypical Texan conservative stereotype that money is above everything, including democracy or human rights.

midnightpulp
10-08-2019, 02:22 AM
It's not complicated, management and ownership are not the same as the players/coaches... Steve Kerr (should run for POTUS, IMO) wouldn't stand for Adam Shekel's shenanigans if he would be in a position to challenge it.

Players have staged their own protests in the past that were not endorsed by the NBA either (ie: police shootings).

It's actually really unfortunate this comes from the Rockets ownership, tbh, it perpetrates the prototypical Texan conservative stereotype that money is above everything, including democracy or human rights.

Above everything for so-called "liberals," too, especially those in Sillycon Valley, who I'm sure you have plenty of experience with. Zuckerberg is melting down at the prospect of a Warren presidency.

ElNono
10-08-2019, 02:28 AM
Above everything for so-called "liberals," too, especially those in Sillycon Valley, who I'm sure you have plenty of experience with. Zuckerberg is melting down at the prospect of a Warren presidency.

that was fishing, btw... but you're correct, so-called "liberals" sounds about right...

very few people, like Pop, Kerr or Lebron, that actually truly believe in what they preach, tbh...

Bynumite
10-08-2019, 02:28 AM
Patiently waiting for Poop's opinion on this issue ;)

ElNono
10-08-2019, 02:30 AM
Also unsurprising Harden is involved in a bad way in this, tbh... his only socially noteworthy contribution has been to donate to strippers...

midnightpulp
10-08-2019, 02:35 AM
that was fishing, btw... but you're correct, so-called "liberals" sounds about right...

very few people, like Pop, Kerr or Lebron, that actually truly believe in what they preach, tbh...

Us consumers need to practice it, too. I do try to buy old vintage used stuff from the classifieds when I can (furniture, audio equipment, housewares etc) instead of buying some cheaply made Chinese shit at Walmart, but we're so stupidly reliant on technology, we sometimes have no choice but to buy some good made by a 12 year old in a Chinese sweatshop. One thing I somewhat appreciate about Trump is his battling with China, but problem is we've painted ourselves into a corner with them over the past 30 years, so I don't how we remove our mouths from the Chinese teat without our economy taking a big blow. The markets go apeshit every time the odds increase of a trade deal not happening.

Bynumite
10-08-2019, 02:44 AM
The nba allowed the players to wear those "I can't breath" shirts a few years ago, even though it violated the nba dress code. It's funny to see them apologize on this issue :lol

As expected, the nba's activism ends where their pockets start. Some nba fans act like the nba is above the evil and antiquated nfl, in the end, they're both the same tbh.

ElNono
10-08-2019, 02:54 AM
Us consumers need to practice it, too. I do try to buy old vintage used stuff from the classifieds when I can (furniture, audio equipment, housewares etc) instead of buying some cheaply made Chinese shit at Walmart, but we're so stupidly reliant on technology, we sometimes have no choice but to buy some good made by a 12 year old in a Chinese sweatshop. One thing I somewhat appreciate about Trump is his battling with China, but problem is we've painted ourselves into a corner with them over the past 30 years, so I don't how we remove our mouths from the Chinese teat without our economy taking a big blow. The markets go apeshit every time the odds increase of a trade deal not happening.

ehh, half of the US or more live paycheck to paycheck... buy american has a nice warm fuzzy feeling about it, but it's not economically viable for vasts amounts of people. And if China becomes too expensive, companies will move to Vietnam, Nicaragua, etc, not exactly bastions of freedom and democracy. There's a reason for that, to make things for cheap you gotta pay very little, and poor people desperate for work and food are prime targets for that. We priced ourselves out of the manufacturing market a long time ago.

Tariffs are retarded. They basically hurt the poor the most, and solve absolutely nothing. If we would be serious about addressing the human rights abuses, we would do what we do with Iraq, etc, enact sanctions, form a coalition with other countries to exert pressure, etc.

midnightpulp
10-08-2019, 02:56 AM
The nba allowed the players to wear those "I can't breath" shirts a few years ago, even though it violated the nba dress code. It's funny to see them apologize on this issue :lol

As expected, the nba's activism ends where their pockets start. Some nba fans act like the nba is above the evil and antiquated nfl, in the end, they're both the same tbh.

The NBA is the most shallow sports league on Earth, which is why my interest in it has declined massively. In addition to their hypocrisy here, they actually promote the soap opera storyline bullshit that has drives interest in the league more than the on-court action.

Pavlov
10-08-2019, 03:05 AM
People here posting outrage from their Chinese phones are cracking me up.

midnightpulp
10-08-2019, 03:19 AM
ehh, half of the US or more live paycheck to paycheck... buy american has a nice warm fuzzy feeling about it, but it's not economically viable for vasts amounts of people. And if China becomes too expensive, companies will move to Vietnam, Nicaragua, etc, not exactly bastions of freedom and democracy. There's a reason for that, to make things for cheap you gotta pay very little, and poor people desperate for work and food are prime targets for that. We priced ourselves out of the manufacturing market a long time ago.

Tariffs are retarded. They basically hurt the poor the most, and solve absolutely nothing. If we would be serious about addressing the human rights abuses, we would do what we do with Iraq, etc, enact sanctions, form a coalition with other countries to exert pressure, etc.

With the advent of Offerup, Craigslist, etc, you can find any number of housewares and goods for dirt cheap, and usually of a vintage where it was well made. I picked up a vintage dining room set and can't move it for a measly 100.00, while Walmart has some cheap-as-shit Better and Home Gardens nonsense priced at 200.00. I understand the set I have might not be the "look" someone wants, but like you said, if someone on a paycheck-to-paycheck existence needs a dining room set, aesthetics should be the last thing on their minds. I have a fuckton of glassware from my picking throughout the years. Usually can't get rid of it for pennies. Main point is you can furnish a home going used for much cheaper than buying new, and the used stuff will be better quality provided you "pick" right.

Shit like cheapo Bluetooth speakers shouldn't even exist. I'm seeing something on Amazon called the Oontz Angle 3 (25.00) with nearly 40,000 ratings. :lol. For 25.00, you can piece together a component system used and add a Bluetooth dongle, which will shit on that speaker (you need portability, hunt down one of those 90s era boomboxes). I understand my option is more inconvenient, but for people who are sitting there in the Midwest or whatever shaking their fists at China and lauding Trump for "standing up to them Chinks," they need to realize inconvenience is something they'll have to endure if they want to "stand up to the Chinks." Yet we both know they're shaking their fist while the other hand clicks on "add to cart" to get spoonfed another Amazon Chinese good.

Main point here, I guess, is we're collectively not willing to sacrifice convenience in this regard. I understand there's certain things we have to buy that are pretty much all made in China, but there's a lot you can buy, used, for much cheaper that isn't made in China. And from a climate change/environmental standpoint, we need to make more use of second hand stuff.

spurraider21
10-08-2019, 08:25 AM
Whatever you got to tell yourself to support your commie enablers, bruh.
and those commies are jimmer enablers... surprised you're not backing them

Spurtacular
10-08-2019, 09:41 AM
and those commies are jimmer enablers... surprised you're not backing them

Jimmer = Ambassador of freedom, tbh.

Play Boban
10-08-2019, 11:43 AM
The silence is deafening from LeRoid........ :wakeup

GAustex
10-08-2019, 12:01 PM
The old rock and the hard place

FrostKing
10-08-2019, 01:01 PM
Why is Greg Popovich silent on this issue? Shouldn't he be voicing his opinion like the attention whore he is about this? Or is he too much of a pvssy to say anything?

https://i.ibb.co/RQZR7rh/Screenshot-2019-10-08-10-56-25-1.png

phxspurfan
10-08-2019, 01:50 PM
Silver scheduled a meeting with Chinese dignitaries to try and get us our billions of investment back. Morey firing in 3...2...

phxspurfan
10-08-2019, 01:52 PM
The silence is deafening from LeRoid........ :wakeup

This is a Chinese issue, not a black issue. And it's not black and white either (pun intended). One could easily argue both Taiwan and HK are part of China. It's their complicated history, and even though HK wants independence, they don't get it just by asking (just ask Texas). That kind of stuff usually requires civil war, per historical norms

phxspurfan
10-08-2019, 01:53 PM
Also in a technologically advanced internet world, one can't just say 'free speech blah blah' on Twitter and think that's enough. Shit gets complicated when the platform is visible to other countries and affects other people. You have to think before you say shit now, especially if you're important (unless you're the president).

phxspurfan
10-08-2019, 01:56 PM
The NBA is the most shallow sports league on Earth, which is why my interest in it has declined massively

?? basketball is one of the most global sports, along with soccer and cricket

Beartrucci
10-08-2019, 02:00 PM
So is NBA TV not allowed to broadcast the Lakers Nets games now?

Damn according to Rachel Nichols they’re not sure the games will still even be played at this point

FrostKing
10-08-2019, 02:08 PM
Basketball yes. But not necessarily NBA.

midnightpulp
10-08-2019, 02:49 PM

Shallow in regard to their culture and business model

whitemamba
10-08-2019, 03:13 PM

lol same, that and the removing of all troops in syria are about the only things i agree with him about. But i like that with china hes going at china, even though it seems like a stupid idea to throw jabs at someone who owns 1.3 trillion of your debt...

Texas_Ranger
10-08-2019, 03:41 PM

What B.S of the highest order this is! At least Cap was willing to put his money on the line for what he believed.:tu:tu

lefty
10-08-2019, 05:24 PM
Steve Kerr with the smart move

ambchang
10-08-2019, 06:03 PM
This is a Chinese issue, not a black issue. And it's not black and white either (pun intended). One could easily argue both Taiwan and HK are part of China. It's their complicated history, and even though HK wants independence, they don't get it just by asking (just ask Texas). That kind of stuff usually requires civil war, per historical norms
Go read a newspaper.

10-08-2019, 07:10 PM
Go read a newspaper.
https://media1.tenor.com/images/095da5909c4bf580e83925796c3a4314/tenor.gif?itemid=11382583

lefty
10-08-2019, 08:15 PM
Will Max Kellerman keep his job?

ElNono
10-08-2019, 09:35 PM
https://media1.tenor.com/images/095da5909c4bf580e83925796c3a4314/tenor.gif?itemid=11382583

https://storage.googleapis.com/is-now-illegal.appspot.com/gifs/140.gif

ElNono
10-09-2019, 02:13 AM
Tokyo (AFP) - The National Basketball Association won't gag its personnel or apologise over a team executive's tweet that ignited a firestorm in China, commissioner Adam Silver insisted Tuesday, standing firm despite a growing backlash that imperils the league's lucrative Chinese following.

The tweet last Friday by Houston Rockets General Manager Daryl Morey supporting pro-democracy protests in Hong Kong has infuriated Chinese fans and led to broadcasters and sponsors severing ties with the NBA.

But Silver, speaking at a press conference in Japan where the Rockets are playing exhibition games this week, said the world's top basketball league would continue to "support freedom of expression and certainly freedom of expression of the NBA community."

"The NBA will not put itself in a position of regulating what players, employees and team owners say or will not say on these issues. We simply could not operate that way," Silver said in a statement before the press conference.

The NBA has found itself squeezed between Chinese anger, and criticism from US presidential candidates, influential senators, and fans over initial statements by the league seen as kowtowing to authoritarian China.

Silver plans to travel to Shanghai on Wednesday for a pair of NBA exhibition games in China between the Los Angeles Lakers and Brooklyn Nets, saying he hoped to meet with officials to discuss the impasse.

But while expressing "regret" that Morey's comments upset China, Silver said the league is "not apologising for Daryl exercising his freedom of expression."

LkrFan
10-09-2019, 03:33 AM
I wonder if all of this affects the salary cap, revenue sharing, and the next CBA. Remember, small market team owners openly hated on the Lakers which led to a new small market team friendly CBA and a nixed CP0 deal to LA. We know how that affected the Lakers for the next several years (leading to countless laughter amongst you farmers at my expense :lol).

We know the Lakers dole out the most foodstamps (aka revenue sharing), so if the salary cap is reduced as a result of no more billions pouring in from China, small market teams will feel the pain (I'm looking at YOU Sp*rs :lol).

I foresee Milwaukee not being able to give the Greek Freak a supermax next year. He may end up in LA with his brother on a Kwame Brown for MVPau type deal. Wouldn't that be some shit? :lol And you farmers would have Daryl M:lolron (small market GM) to blame. I bet analytics told him his tweet would be just fine. :rollin :lmao :rollin

*won a title in a strike shortened season, but still try to count it like it's legit. 50 games out of 82 probably deserves two asterisks the more I think about it. :downspin:

LkrFan
10-09-2019, 03:41 AM
https://twitter.com/Original_Gio/status/1181849523062071301?s=19

ambchang
10-09-2019, 10:12 AM
I wonder if all of this affects the salary cap, revenue sharing, and the next CBA. Remember, small market team owners openly hated on the Lakers which led to a new small market team friendly CBA and a nixed CP0 deal to LA. We know how that affected the Lakers for the next several years (leading to countless laughter amongst you farmers at my expense :lol).

We know the Lakers dole out the most foodstamps (aka revenue sharing), so if the salary cap is reduced as a result of no more billions pouring in from China, small market teams will feel the pain (I'm looking at YOU Sp*rs :lol).

I foresee Milwaukee not being able to give the Greek Freak a supermax next year. He may end up in LA with his brother on a Kwame Brown for MVPau type deal. Wouldn't that be some shit? :lol And you farmers would have Daryl M:lolron (small market GM) to blame. I bet analytics told him his tweet would be just fine. :rollin :lmao :rollin

*won a title in a strike shortened season, but still try to count it like it's legit. 50 games out of 82 probably deserves two asterisks the more I think about it. :downspin:

Success of a basketball team > democratic freedom.

Gotcha

whitemamba
10-09-2019, 12:47 PM
https://twitter.com/Original_Gio/status/1181849523062071301?s=19

det morey pic at the end :lmao

Beartrucci
10-09-2019, 03:19 PM
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.si.com/.amp/nba/2019/10/09/anta-sports-chinese-shoe-brand-suspends-ties-with-nba

damn Morey owes Klay Thompson and Gordon Hayward some money now :lol Anta shoe company suspends talks of contract renewals

Blackistone going in on NBA and Silver on ATH saying we should just pull out of the games/China now, and should have already. Haven’t seen anyone address the politics that directly on ESPN yet talking about freedom vs. oppression. Wonder if he’ll be reprimanded.

LkrFan
10-09-2019, 05:18 PM
det morey pic at the end :lmao

AaronY
10-09-2019, 05:21 PM

"Shut up and dribble"

"Stop dribbling and talk you coward"

^^^no hypocrisy there

LkrFan
10-09-2019, 05:22 PM
Success of a basketball team > democratic freedom.

Gotcha

First off you totally misunderstood my post (English is not your first language so I forgive you :lol). Secondly, you do realize I'm in the military? Therefore I fight FOR Democracy. :lol

UZER
10-09-2019, 05:28 PM
First off you totally misunderstood my post (English is not your first language so I forgive you :lol). Secondly, you do realize I'm in the military? Therefore I fight FOR Democracy. :lol

You’re in the Military? And you have time to fanboy post here day after day, hour after hour? Apparently you aren’t fighting for anything. You’re just posting all day.

10-09-2019, 05:29 PM
:lmao thinking that's the purpose of the US military :lmao

I have bad news for you tbh Gordo...

LkrFan
10-09-2019, 05:33 PM
You’re in the Military? And you have time to fanboy post here day after day, hour after hour? Apparently you aren’t fighting for anything. You’re just posting all day.

What's your point :lol

LkrFan
10-09-2019, 05:34 PM
:lmao thinking that's the purpose of the US military :lmao

I have bad news for you tbh Gordo...

AaronY
10-09-2019, 05:37 PM
lmao You say the same exact thing to the military guys posting MAGA hashtags and Trump memes on FB and Twitter all day I'm sure

LkrFan
10-09-2019, 06:16 PM

As I was saying

https://twitter.com/KeithSmithNBA/status/1182068802802069504?s=19

:downspin:

LkrFan
10-09-2019, 06:19 PM
https://twitter.com/samesfandiari/status/1182071693763702784?s=19

What does the Sp*rs cap look like? :lmao

Today's small market teams :lol

Pavlov
10-09-2019, 06:23 PM
https://twitter.com/samesfandiari/status/1182071693763702784?s=19

What does the Sp*rs cap look like? :lmao

Today's small market teams :lolIn the summer of 2021 they only have like $7 million committed so it actually looks awesome regardless.

UZER
10-09-2019, 06:29 PM
lmao You say the same exact thing to the military guys posting MAGA hashtags and Trump memes on FB and Twitter all day I'm sure

I have never had, nor will ever have FB or Twitter.

Trainwreck2100
10-09-2019, 06:33 PM

:lol this guy not knowing how the military fucking works :lol yeah he's got all that time, not everyone is out in oil land doing anything

AaronY
10-09-2019, 08:26 PM
I have never had, nor will ever have FB or Twitter.
I am actually jealous of you right now lol. It's a couple of worthless cesspools my man don't ever bother to start on either

Play Boban
10-09-2019, 08:44 PM
:lmao Little Boy Kerr :lmao

ambchang
10-09-2019, 09:01 PM

First of all, I didn’t.
Second, no wonder the states has been losing so many wars lately.

UZER
10-10-2019, 12:15 AM
:lol this guy not knowing how the military fucking works :lol yeah he's got all that time, not everyone is out in oil land doing anything

Not knowing how it works? You mean not knowing how it doesn’t work. I knew there was downtime, I have family in the military. But LkrFan has been on downtime for years. I guess thats what happens when you can barely speak English and only joined to become citizen. They don’t know where to put him. :lol

DMC
10-10-2019, 12:32 AM
"Shut up and dribble"

"Stop dribbling and talk you coward"

^^^no hypocrisy there
You missed the boat here.

They talk to sell shoes, basically. They won't shit where they eat, most of the time so Chinese lives don't really matter as much as Chinese money.

DMC
10-10-2019, 12:33 AM
http://lakergifs.com/wp-content/uploads/magicpopTW.gif

Someone needs to edit in some T cells instead of popcorn

DMC
10-10-2019, 12:36 AM

He's a REMF dedicated to monitoring the chatter online

LkrFan
10-10-2019, 12:40 AM
Not knowing how it works? You mean not knowing how it doesn’t work. I knew there was downtime, I have family in the military. But LkrFan has been on downtime for years. I guess thats what happens when you can barely speak English and only joined to become citizen. They don’t know where to put him. :lol

:lmao

ElNono
10-10-2019, 01:08 AM
Pedro limpia botas en el batallon. Honest, decent job, tbh

Texas_Ranger
10-10-2019, 03:26 AM
i guess if its money this retards in the NBA can only dribble and forget to talk. Fucking pussies.

If Trump saved 9 out of 10 people from a burning building, Pop, LeBron and Kerr would be the first to bitch about how he didn't save 1 more. And this are the people the media is telling you to respect. Fuck em.

Chris
10-10-2019, 05:18 PM
https://twitter.com/DanCrenshawTX/status/1182411806184296448?s=19

lefty
10-10-2019, 06:14 PM
https://twitter.com/michaelscherer/status/1182305990617784321?s=21

:lmao det AMERICAN FREEDOM

AaronY
10-10-2019, 10:32 PM
Wow, this is bad. Holy shit.

midnightpulp
10-10-2019, 11:39 PM

:lol so fuckin' spineless. It's real easy to criticize and protest when there's no risk to your pocket book.

midnightpulp
10-10-2019, 11:41 PM
https://twitter.com/michaelscherer/status/1182305990617784321?s=21

:lmao det AMERICAN FREEDOM

No assault against "freedom" here. Freedom means the government can't dictate your speech. This is a bitchmade private organization trying to semen shield for their Chinese masters. :lol today's NBA, :lol "Chinaball"

UZER
10-10-2019, 11:47 PM

He had a whole day to come up with response, and that was it? :lol

Bynumite
10-11-2019, 12:50 AM

This video really shows the hypocrisy of Kerr and Poop.

They have no problem naming names and pointing fingers when it comes to social and political issues in America but when it comes to China, all they do is pussyfooting around the subject :lol

Everybody is a wannabe activist until there's money and real life consequences on the line.

Texas_Ranger
10-11-2019, 05:30 AM
This video really shows the hypocrisy of Kerr and Poop.

They have no problem naming names and pointing fingers when it comes to social and political issues in America but when it comes to China, all they do is pussyfooting around the subject :lol

Everybody is a wannabe activist until there's money and real life consequences on the line.

but. but, but its China's issue. You just mad. Trump is a racist. REEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!

Play Boban
10-11-2019, 06:56 AM

Deport Little Boy to China. Wow!

LkrFan
10-11-2019, 07:20 AM
Pedro limpia botas en el batallon. Honest, decent job, tbh

Isitjustme?
10-11-2019, 08:30 AM
but. but, but its China's issue. You just mad. Trump is a racist. REEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!

Pavlov
10-11-2019, 08:47 AM
1182624239372980232:lmao

djohn2oo8
10-14-2019, 08:48 PM

That’s the road he wants to go down it won’t be a pretty one

djohn2oo8
10-14-2019, 08:54 PM

lol

AussieFanKurt
10-14-2019, 09:03 PM
https://scontent.fcgy1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/72319803_2937742429589743_1768134389612412928_n.jp g?_nc_cat=107&_nc_oc=AQnbK6IBN49OkCI5zoSKOvlmnmnGU_gWZvlKYmFdMV1 vlV-ZPEpQpWLKF1r9ZH1j1vc&_nc_ht=scontent.fcgy1-1.fna&oh=33e058e4ee26fa61c0d3f551824fd2cd&oe=5E1E7348

UZER
10-14-2019, 09:08 PM

That’s the road he wants to go down it won’t be a pretty one

I didn’t know Lebron’s real daddy was Chinese.

spurraider21
10-14-2019, 09:10 PM
harlemheat gotta bring back the LeCoon shtick tbh

spurraider21
10-14-2019, 09:12 PM
LkrFan

djohn2oo8
10-14-2019, 09:13 PM
Backtrack?

djohn2oo8
10-14-2019, 09:15 PM

Bynumite
10-14-2019, 09:24 PM
Morey better quit playing with Bron Bron's China money .

Today's nba activism :lol

UZER
10-14-2019, 09:24 PM

The fact that that simple little retweet from Morey could cause China's government to yank the plug on everything but the actually games should tell you something. That was a huge power play, and yet, you still have Lebron blaming Morey.

Play Boban
10-14-2019, 09:29 PM
LeBron is a Red Chinese propagandist tbh.

spurraider21
10-14-2019, 09:38 PM
:lmao "spiritually"

LkrFan
10-14-2019, 09:41 PM
:lmao "spiritually"

tmtcsc
10-14-2019, 10:11 PM
The fact that that simple little retweet from Morey could cause China's government to yank the plug on everything but the actually games should tell you something. That was a huge power play, and yet, you still have Lebron blaming Morey.

Someone needs to educate Lebron on China's preferred choice of government, sweat shops, horrific global polluting practices, lack of child-labor laws & forgeries of American products. China is NOT our friend & its time the United States quit relying so much on them. Seems people are quick to turn a blind eye to all that when so much $$ is involved. LEBRON JAMES IS AN IGNORANT COWARD.

Texas_Ranger
10-14-2019, 10:15 PM
remember when LeBrum tweeted:

''injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere. Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter''

next time you really should just shut up and dribble. :lmao

LkrFan
10-14-2019, 10:33 PM
Someone needs to educate Lebron on China's preferred choice of government, sweat shops, horrific global polluting practices, lack of child-labor laws & forgeries of American products. China is NOT our friend & its time the United States quit relying so much on them. Seems people are quick to turn a blind eye to all that when so much $$ is involved. LEBRON JAMES IS AN IGNORANT COWARD.

The keyboard you typing on is from China. Shhhhh!!

LkrFan
10-14-2019, 10:34 PM
LkrFan

LeBron is rightPERIOD

spurraider21
10-14-2019, 10:35 PM
so if you own any american made products, you cant complain about trump?

UZER
10-14-2019, 10:47 PM

China to Lebron:

Shhhhhh...ut up and dribbrerr.

Lebron: Ok

FrostKing
10-14-2019, 10:49 PM
LeBron

3-11 at this point

LkrFan
10-14-2019, 10:56 PM
China to Lebron:

Shhhhhh...ut up and dribbrerr.

Lebron: Ok

:rollin :lmao :rollin

LkrFan
10-14-2019, 10:56 PM
so if you own any american made products, you cant complain about trump?

No. That's different. :D

phxspurfan
10-14-2019, 11:06 PM
LeBron tweets his support of his shoe sales

lefty
10-14-2019, 11:11 PM
I thought he was a better human being than MJ :cry

And lol at LeBron saying Morey is misinformed :lmao

Laker_1995
10-14-2019, 11:40 PM
Lol Lebron can’t win no matter what he says he’s fucked . Too many pussies on social media now and days.

tmtcsc
10-14-2019, 11:46 PM

You're right - Macbook Air. I wish those jobs came back to the United States. I'm serious. I would pay more to help employ my fellow Americans.

lefty
10-15-2019, 12:51 AM
Kanter just shat on LeBron

endrity
10-15-2019, 03:11 AM
https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/27846109/sources-adam-silver-had-tense-meeting-lakers-nets-players-china

During the meeting with the players, sources said, Silver was directly asked whether anything would happen to Morey, as several players said they believed that if a player had cost the NBA millions of dollars because of a tweet, there would be repercussions.

Morey will not face any league discipline for the tweet.

These disgraceful little bitches!!!! These are the people who will virtue signal anything in the U.S, taking stands on plastic straws and third bathrooms, but once China tells them to shut up about its dictatorship, they go into hiding. Actually worse, they are pissed off that Morey hurt their wallets.

Never again should these people be taken seriously when it comes to social and political issues. They have got nothing on Muhammed Ali and his generation.

LkrFan
10-15-2019, 05:41 AM

https://twitter.com/el_budget/status/1183944166465773569?s=19

I'm guessing no. What you think, son? :downspin:

LkrFan
10-15-2019, 05:42 AM
You're right - Macbook Air. I wish those jobs came back to the United States. I'm serious. I would pay more to help employ my fellow Americans.

Exactly
https://twitter.com/Original_Gio/status/1183928951443341315?s=19

ambchang
10-15-2019, 06:03 AM
https://deadspin.com/lebron-james-finally-takes-question-about-china-respon-1839046109

Also, Woj had his show cancelled by Tencent for merely liking moreys tweet.

djohn2oo8
10-15-2019, 07:56 AM
LkrFan

LeBron got pissed when he was told by ol girl to shut up and dribble. But when China says it he shuts the fuck up

Laker_1995
10-15-2019, 09:15 AM
LkrFan (https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=18824)

LeBron got pissed when he was told by ol girl to shut up and dribble. But when China says it he shuts the fuck up

its y’all fault shut up lol

Mugen
10-15-2019, 09:18 AM
:lol LeMao James....

https://ae01.alicdn.com/kf/HTB1zembXyrxK1RkHFCcq6AQCVXaY/LeBron-James-t-shirt-LeBron-James-LA-T-shirt-More-Than-An-Athlete-Letter-Print-Tee.jpg_640x640q70.jpg

endrity
10-15-2019, 09:31 AM
https://twitter.com/el_budget/status/1183944166465773569?s=19

I'm guessing no. What you think, son? :downspin:

I am guessing they are treated significantly better than almost anywhere else around the developed world, let alone a third-world dictatorship like China.

Talk about having little clue of what happens around the world ...

Texas_Ranger
10-15-2019, 10:13 AM
I am guessing they are treated significantly better than almost anywhere else around the developed world, let alone a third-world dictatorship like China.

most of the americans don't know shit about their own country so you can't really expect them to know about others.

djohn2oo8
10-15-2019, 10:27 AM
its y’all fault shut up lol
Fault for what? Supporting freedom? :lol

LkrFan
10-15-2019, 10:32 AM
LkrFan

Word. If it doesn't make dollars then it doesn't make cents. I feel him on that.

Daryl M:lolron messing with everybody paper. He should be impeached :lmao

LkrFan
10-15-2019, 10:36 AM

Look MAGA dude, I've visited China and climbed the Great Wall with my family. China has cities with more people in it than the state of Texas. 3rd world? You are showing your ignorance. Delete your post son. :lmao

LkrFan
10-15-2019, 10:37 AM
The small market teams are gonna suffer as a result of Daryl M:lolron. I'm hear for it :lol

djohn2oo8
10-15-2019, 10:40 AM
Word. If it doesn't make dollars then it doesn't make cents. I feel him on that.

Daryl M:lolron messing with everybody paper. He should be impeached :lmao
Yet, he publicly supported Kaepernick when it was costing the NFL money. But when the money affects him he takes the approach of massah. It’s hypocritical. Can’t have it both ways.

LkrFan
10-15-2019, 10:44 AM
Yet, he publicly supported Kaepernick when it was costing the NFL money. But when the money affects him he takes the approach of massah. It’s hypocritical. Can’t have it both ways.

Way to :downspin: that shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit!! :rollin :lmao :rollin

He never said Daryl shouldn't say anything. He said he should STFU "for a week" while they were in China :lol

What if the Chinese government did the Lakers/Nets like they did LiAngelo Ball - with David Dennison and Mike Pompeo having to "save" them? You think David Dennison would have? Hell nawl!! That's what Bron is getting at. I don't blame himPERIOD

djohn2oo8
10-15-2019, 10:45 AM

He never said Daryl shouldn't say anything. He said he should STFU "for a week" :lol

What if the Chinese government did the Lakers/Nets like they did LiAngelo Ball - David Dennison and Mike Pompeo having to "save" them? You think David Dennison would have? Hell nawl!! That's what Bron is getting at. I don't blame himPERIOD
Then it means they shouldn’t be playing games over there if that was a serious threat to happen

djohn2oo8
10-15-2019, 10:46 AM
Now what’s going to happen, is next time LeBron speaks on a social issue he won’t be taken seriously. Because now, everyone sees he only speaks up when there’s not a cost.

LkrFan
10-15-2019, 10:49 AM
Then it means they shouldn’t be playing games over there if that was a serious threat to happen

True...and millions of Laker fans (like me) wanted them to cancel. Glad the Chinese Gov didn't do some dumb shit tbh.

But that's typical with whiteys tho. They think they have international privileges, when in reality that shit only works here. :lol

Thinking they tweet (or say) whatever they want with no repercussions. Now everybody paper is in jeopardy. NBA salary cap, overseas movie sales (:lmao), etc. all because of a privileged analytical nerd fucking shit up :lol

LkrFan
10-15-2019, 10:50 AM
Now what’s going to happen, is next time LeBron speaks on a social issue he won’t be taken seriously. Because now, everyone sees he only speaks up when there’s not a cost.

How come Daryl didn't tweet about innocent minorities getting gunned down by white cops? Does he not care what's going on in the hood?

UZER
10-15-2019, 10:51 AM

He never said Daryl shouldn't say anything. He said he should STFU "for a week" :lol

What if the Chinese government did the Lakers/Nets like they did LiAngelo Ball - David Dennison and Mike Pompeo having to "save" them? You think David Dennison would have? Hell nawl!! That's what Bron is getting at. I don't blame himPERIOD

He was scared that if he was detained, he would have to beg DT to get him out of there. :lol

djohn2oo8
10-15-2019, 11:08 AM

lol that video is gold

ambchang
10-15-2019, 11:26 AM
LkrFan supported a rapist, so how can you beat that?

Support a genocidal regime.

Mugen
10-15-2019, 11:32 AM

lefty
10-15-2019, 11:43 AM
:lol Enes Kanter tho

:lol taking shots at Qing James

:worthy: Kanter

LkrFan
10-15-2019, 12:23 PM
He was scared that if he was detained, he would have to beg DT to get him out of there. :lol

LkrFan
10-15-2019, 12:26 PM
LkrFan supported a rapist, so how can you beat that?

Support a genocidal regime.

Why you talking about your country like that? SMH

ambchang
10-15-2019, 12:30 PM

Why you talking about your country like that? SMH

I ain’t Xi and don’t pretend to own a country.

LkrFan
10-15-2019, 12:32 PM
:lol Enes Kanter tho

:lol taking shots at Qing James

:worthy: Kanter

I got 5 strikes against him:

1) He quotes Boston Globe
2) He quotes Faux "news"
3) He's likely a Republican
4) He's Foreign born MAGA
5) He's a Celtic

Fuck that guy and his opinion :lol

LkrFan
10-15-2019, 12:33 PM
I ain’t Xi and don’t pretend to own a country.

But you selling out your fellow countrymen, for clout. SMH

LkrFan
10-15-2019, 12:41 PM
https://twitter.com/gifdsports/status/1184159196335497217?s=19

LkrFan
10-15-2019, 01:21 PM
https://twitter.com/TylerRickyTynes/status/1184118816164454401?s=19

:rollin :lmao :rollin

ambchang
10-15-2019, 01:22 PM
But you selling out your fellow countrymen, for clout. SMH

Selling people out is allowing them to be prosecuted without a proper judicial system.

Nobody would ever say you sell out your countryman by going against rampant corruption in the Mexican government.

You are a despicable human in the sense that you’d support rapists and dictators as long as those people help your favourite sports team win. This is just below any definition of human decency.

UZER
10-15-2019, 01:26 PM
Turns out, Lebron is an

Uncle Chong

LkrFan
10-15-2019, 01:38 PM
Selling people out is allowing them to be prosecuted without a proper judicial system.

Nobody would ever say you sell out your countryman by going against rampant corruption in the Mexican government.

You are a despicable human in the sense that you’d support rapists and dictators as long as those people help your favourite sports team win. This is just below any definition of human decency.

LkrFan
10-15-2019, 01:38 PM
Turns out, Lebron is an

Uncle Chong

djohn2oo8
10-15-2019, 02:07 PM
https://i.imgur.com/CocVVL3_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium

damn

LkrFan
10-15-2019, 02:16 PM

damn

LkrFan
10-15-2019, 02:17 PM
https://twitter.com/KingJames/status/1183934569411530752?s=19

LkrFan
10-15-2019, 02:53 PM
https://twitter.com/LakerCentral365/status/1184194677232287744?s=19

If Kuz goes off for 60 vs the Rockets, he lost money because of M:lolron

LkrFan
10-15-2019, 02:54 PM
Please be true
https://twitter.com/RealSaavedra/status/1184188206926843904?s=19

LkrFan
10-15-2019, 04:27 PM
https://twitter.com/MarkG_Medina/status/1184213887056375808?s=19

UZER
10-15-2019, 04:43 PM
https://twitter.com/MarkG_Medina/status/1184213887056375808?s=19

Lebron Davis Jr. tapping away.

Rummpd
10-15-2019, 04:44 PM
LaBroom is a hypocrite

LkrFan
10-15-2019, 05:01 PM
LaBroom is a hypocrite

He was LeGOAT before he put on P&G armor. Pfft.

lefty
10-15-2019, 05:20 PM
Lebron sucking billions microscopic chinese dicks at the same time

AaronY
10-15-2019, 05:30 PM
This is so bad..how much money does this playboy need at this point?

Thebesteva
10-15-2019, 06:09 PM
Lebron James is #1 assho

lefty
10-15-2019, 06:09 PM
Lebron James is #1 assho

It’s LeBron Jang now

daslicer
10-15-2019, 06:56 PM
Lebron sucking billions microscopic chinese dicks at the same time

I never thought I would see you ever turn against Lebron.

daslicer
10-15-2019, 06:58 PM
This is so bad..how much money does this playboy need at this point?

For Lebron and a lot of these guys I feel the desire for money is basically like a crack addiction for them. They will never feel that they have enough despite having large networths that can cover over 100 generations.

LkrFan
10-15-2019, 07:11 PM

lol that video is gold

Cock Rivers must be a hypocrite too
https://twitter.com/jovanbuha/status/1184259288857923585?s=19

daslicer
10-15-2019, 07:19 PM
Cock Rivers must be a hypocrite too
https://twitter.com/jovanbuha/status/1184259288857923585?s=19

Doc has always been a phony in my eyes going back to the Sterling debacle. He knew Sterling was a racist going back to his playing days with the Clippers but pretended to play dumb when Sterling got busted.

lefty
10-15-2019, 07:21 PM
I never thought I would see you ever turn against Lebron.
Hey things happen

Rummpd
10-15-2019, 07:34 PM
LaBroom is a high school graduate / he of course knows all

Mark Celibate
10-15-2019, 07:34 PM
“...HE NOT EDUMECATED...DATS ALL DAT MATTERS....ATDAENDUDADAY...etc”

Mark Celibate
10-15-2019, 07:36 PM
LaBroom is a high school graduate / he of course knows all

I thought he did too, but its strange how apparently he and pretty much all of the other outspoken NBA athletes seem to all simultaneously know nothing about a global human rights issue. must be a coincidence imho

Laker_1995
10-15-2019, 07:54 PM
Why they asking Lebron these questions. Ask the best player in the world. Kawahi. He’s the face of the nba lol

FrostKing
10-15-2019, 09:22 PM
Lebron sooo badly wanted to call Morey ignorant. Blacks love to use that term (incorrectly)

ambchang
10-15-2019, 10:42 PM
To Lebron:

https://frinkiac.com/meme/S05E11/915297.jpg?b64lines=IFlPVSBMRVQgTUUgRE9XTiwgTUFOIS BOT1cKIEkgRE9OJ1QgQkVMSUVWRSBJTgogTk9USElORyBOTyBN T1JFLg==

endrity
10-16-2019, 03:01 AM
Look MAGA dude, I've visited China and climbed the Great Wall with my family. China has cities with more people in it than the state of Texas. 3rd world? You are showing your ignorance. Delete your post son. :lmao

That's the funny thing with political partisans like you, seeing everything through the perspective that suits you, i.e "white privilege", "MAGA idiots".

I am not American, I don't even live in the US right now, I know that lack of democracy and freedom are the two main elements that keep most of the world underdeveloped as they toil under dictatorships. So yes, it irritates me a lot when people are praised as visionaries because they speak up about "third bathrooms" and they can't say a word about oppressive governments.

And yes, 99.9% of the world would give everything to have the rights and protections that American citizens enjoy. All your talk about "white privilege" etc., seems like pouting from people who have everything and don't know anything about what fighting for basic freedom and rights looks like.

FrostKing
10-16-2019, 03:38 AM
The future is China and I am sad to say relatively new ideals such as freedom & democracy will fade over time.

Mugen
10-16-2019, 08:50 AM
https://www.sohh.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/LeBron-James-1-759x500.jpg

Wonton Wednesday!!!!!!!!!!

SupremeGuy
10-16-2019, 10:52 AM
That's the funny thing with political partisans like you, seeing everything through the perspective that suits you, i.e "white privilege", "MAGA idiots".

I am not American, I don't even live in the US right now, I know that lack of democracy and freedom are the two main elements that keep most of the world underdeveloped as they toil under dictatorships. So yes, it irritates me a lot when people are praised as visionaries because they speak up about "third bathrooms" and they can't say a word about oppressive governments.

And yes, 99.9% of the world would give everything to have the rights and protections that American citizens enjoy. All your talk about "white privilege" etc., seems like pouting from people who have everything and don't know anything about what fighting for basic freedom and rights looks like.https://i.imgur.com/0mKXcg1.gif

phxspurfan
10-16-2019, 11:58 AM

And yes, 99.9% of the world would give everything to have the rights and protections that American citizens enjoy. All your talk about "white privilege" etc., seems like pouting from people who have everything and don't know anything about what fighting for basic freedom and rights looks like.

Oh shit... get internet curbstomped, LkrFan

LaMarcus Bryant
10-16-2019, 02:25 PM
Lebron sooo badly wanted to call Morey ignorant. Blacks love to use that term (incorrectly)

LOL

TDfan2007
10-16-2019, 03:22 PM

It's not pouting, it's just social progression. Once you get over one hurdle, it's on to the next one. Last I checked, America isn't a utopia, so we can't be content just because we have "basic human rights." Your attempt to trivialize white privilege by comparing it to the struggle for basic human rights is disingenuous.

I agree with the other point though. All of that "more than an athlete" talk is ringing pretty hollow now. Welcome to the world of relatively unbridled capitalism, where members of the richest, "most powerful" country on earth can't decry totalitarianism when it comes from its largest business partner, lest their bottom line take a hit :cry

FrostKing
10-16-2019, 03:32 PM
It's not pouting, it's just social progression. Once you get over one hurdle, it's on to the next one. Last I checked, America isn't a utopia, so we can't be content just because we have "basic human rights." Your attempt to trivialize white privilege by comparing it to the struggle for basic human rights is disingenuous.

I agree with the other point though. All of that "more than an athlete" talk is ringing pretty hollow now. Welcome to the world of relatively unbridled capitalism, where members of the richest, "most powerful" country on earth can't decry totalitarianism when it comes from its largest business partner, lest their bottom line take a hit :cry
"Progress" is subjective

Society/culture aren't lateral like a video game. Each change has a direct effect good/bad on others. But it does start to resemble a lateral line when viewed thru the lens of specific demographics and that is ultimately what I think the SJW movement in America is starting to resemble. Focus thru a few select groups.

LkrFan
10-16-2019, 04:41 PM
Oh shit... get internet curbstomped, LkrFan

Wut? :lol

Chris
10-16-2019, 05:06 PM
Lebron agrees to shut up and dribble when it comes to China.

https://twitter.com/stclairashley/status/1184576153912315904?s=19

Chris
10-16-2019, 11:22 PM
LeBron holds a lifetime deal valued at $1 billion with sports retail giant Nike, which saw its sales in China surge 27 percent to nearly $1.7 billion in its most recent fiscal quarter alone. James’ signature sneaker line is one of Nike’s most prominent offerings.

James’ standing in China could also impact the future efforts of his media production company, SpringHill Entertainment. The firm is producing “Space Jam 2,” the highly anticipated sequel to NBA legend Michael Jordan’s original film, which will seek a massive return from Chinese audiences.

djohn2oo8
10-17-2019, 03:09 PM

Laker_1995
10-17-2019, 03:44 PM
If y’all mother fuckers had all that money on the line y’all would do the same shit. But since it’s him and he’s black y’all wanna act so mighty and courageous lol social media really fucks with people

lefty
10-17-2019, 05:03 PM
If y’all mother fuckers had all that money on the line y’all would do the same shit. But since it’s him and he’s black y’all wanna act so mighty and courageous lol social media really fucks with people
Well in this case they should just STFU and stop pretending they are social justice warriors

Nothing wrong with protecting your money but do it like Mike

Laker_1995
10-17-2019, 05:38 PM
Well in this case they should just STFU and stop pretending they are social justice warriors

Nothing wrong with protecting your money but do it like Mike

true you’re right. Lebron do be trying to do too much with all that political talk shit. It’s obvious he made a mistake but it’s stupid to see everyone act like they care so much when In reality it’s all for clicks and views

Chris
10-17-2019, 06:03 PM
Playing the race card in 2019 :lol

DMC
10-17-2019, 07:11 PM
James wanted LA spotlight. He got it.

DMC
10-17-2019, 07:12 PM

Shut up you post Lebron motherfucker. Go back and fuck your mother some more.

Laker_1995
10-17-2019, 07:21 PM
Shut up you post Lebron motherfucker. Go back and fuck your mother some more.

wassup brotha.

lefty
10-17-2019, 07:39 PM
Rebron

FrostKing
10-17-2019, 08:03 PM
true you’re right. Lebron do be trying to do too much with all that political talk shit. It’s obvious he made a mistake but it’s stupid to see everyone act like they care so much when In reality it’s all for clicks and views
Most people aren't disappointed because LeBron chose path A or B. Because he didn't. He straddled the fence and gave a half hearted response. He should have kept quiet

He also should not have called Morey "misinformed". But possibly the worst part was days after he was asked for his thoughts on the backlash (jersey burning etc) and his answer was he hasn't been paying attention

Just total fuck up. He would have been better off avoiding OR going hard with Path A or B. Instead he just outed himself as simple minded hypocrite.

UZER
10-17-2019, 10:32 PM
Most people aren't disappointed because LeBron chose path A or B. Because he didn't. He straddled the fence and gave a half hearted response. .

Which comes across as hypocritical when he so loudly voices and makes sure everyone hears his other opinions, just like Pop.

TBH, he never even addressed the China situation “I’m not discussing the substance”. :lol He only addressed the act of Morey’s tweet. Other players at least said it’s a tough situation and acted like they’d at least give it some thought because they can sense how it might have bad optics. Lebron was too smug to even utter a word about it. He said “other people can talk about that”.

Muhammad Ali he ain’t.

phxspurfan
10-17-2019, 10:55 PM
Rebron

General James Chicken

LkrFan
10-18-2019, 11:17 AM

Silver needs to take an orange page out of Don the Con's art of the steal book
https://media1.tenor.com/images/19042a1d74a71a7694c0b9914e3aa29e/tenor.gif?itemid=8557097

phxspurfan
10-18-2019, 01:16 PM
Silver taking the fall for an idiot's Twitter comments. Thought he was smarter than this

LkrFan
10-18-2019, 01:27 PM
Kobe is still wanted in China and his wife's bedroom...
https://twitter.com/CloseUp360/status/1185202849078239232?s=19
...Jim is NOT wanted in China or his ex-wife's bedroom. :rollin :lmao :rollin

Beartrucci
10-18-2019, 06:50 PM
B3n9S0OloMS

basquetbol
10-19-2019, 12:33 AM
It's sad to see Hong Kong uphold their ban on gay marriage, with what's going on with mainland China one would think the people of Hong Kong would be more tolerant.

UPDATE 1-Hong Kong court upholds ban on same-sex civil partnerships

HONG KONG, Oct 18 (Reuters) - A Hong Kong court upheld a ban on same-sex marriage and civil union partnerships on Friday after a lesbian identified as ‘MK’ launched the city’s first judicial challenge on the issue, stating it violated her constitutional rights.

Rights group Amnesty International described the judgement as a “bitter blow” for LGBT+ people in Hong Kong.

“Sadly, the discriminatory treatment of same-sex couples will continue for the time being,” Amnesty said in a statement.

The Court of First Instance ruled that the government was not obliged to provide an alternative legal framework such as civil unions, giving same-sex couples the equal rights and benefits enjoyed by opposite-sex married couples.

The court said that, while there are diverse and opposing views in society, it expressed “no view on the associated social, moral and/or religious issues” and that it had adopted a strict legal approach to the matter.

Homosexuality has been decriminalized since 1991 in Hong Kong, a former British colony that returned to Chinese rule in 1997. The city has an annual pride parade and lively gay scene.

It does not, however, recognise same-sex marriage and LGBT+ activists voice concerns about widespread discrimination. Hong Kong’s top court in June ruled in favour of a gay civil servant fighting for spousal and tax benefits for his husband.

DMC
10-19-2019, 12:37 AM
Kobe is still wanted in China and his wife's bedroom...
https://twitter.com/CloseUp360/status/1185202849078239232?s=19
...Jim is NOT wanted in China or his ex-wife's bedroom. :rollin :lmao :rollin

China already built that wall. Have your people camp out there instead of around Laredo.

LkrFan
10-19-2019, 05:34 AM
China already built that wall. Have your people camp out there instead of around Laredo.

redzero
10-20-2019, 06:18 PM
Silver needs to take an orange page out of Don the Con's art of the steal book
https://media1.tenor.com/images/19042a1d74a71a7694c0b9914e3aa29e/tenor.gif?itemid=8557097

And what reason would Silver have to fire Morey?

dbestpro
10-20-2019, 07:41 PM
It's sad to see Hong Kong uphold their ban on gay marriage, with what's going on with mainland China one would think the people of Hong Kong would be more tolerant.

UPDATE 1-Hong Kong court upholds ban on same-sex civil partnerships

HONG KONG, Oct 18 (Reuters) - A Hong Kong court upheld a ban on same-sex marriage and civil union partnerships on Friday after a lesbian identified as ‘MK’ launched the city’s first judicial challenge on the issue, stating it violated her constitutional rights.

Rights group Amnesty International described the judgement as a “bitter blow” for LGBT+ people in Hong Kong.

“Sadly, the discriminatory treatment of same-sex couples will continue for the time being,” Amnesty said in a statement.

The Court of First Instance ruled that the government was not obliged to provide an alternative legal framework such as civil unions, giving same-sex couples the equal rights and benefits enjoyed by opposite-sex married couples.

The court said that, while there are diverse and opposing views in society, it expressed “no view on the associated social, moral and/or religious issues” and that it had adopted a strict legal approach to the matter.

Homosexuality has been decriminalized since 1991 in Hong Kong, a former British colony that returned to Chinese rule in 1997. The city has an annual pride parade and lively gay scene.

It does not, however, recognise same-sex marriage and LGBT+ activists voice concerns about widespread discrimination. Hong Kong’s top court in June ruled in favour of a gay civil servant fighting for spousal and tax benefits for his husband.

If China takes over Hong Kong it will go from not being allowed to be married to being executed.

Double-Up
10-21-2019, 09:51 PM
Come on LeBron you Uncle Tom ass nigga, try to see the big picture.

Chris
10-22-2019, 11:09 PM
Shaq backs up Morey

https://twitter.com/RealSaavedra/status/1186798814339821568?s=19

phxspurfan
10-23-2019, 12:26 AM
Shaq backs up Morey

https://twitter.com/RealSaavedra/status/1186798814339821568?s=19

Wow, they actually got license to say something about it.

phxspurfan
10-23-2019, 12:33 AM
https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/27905614/chinese-state-tv-air-nba-opening-slate-protests-staples-center

"We want to stand with Morey, we want to stand with Hong Kong, but most of all, we want to fight foreign attempts to censor us," an organizer told ESPN.

Morey turning into the white Colin Kaepernick over here

lefty
03-11-2020, 10:07 PM

damn

djohn2oo8
03-12-2020, 01:27 PM

UZER
03-12-2020, 04:04 PM

Millennial_Messiah
03-15-2020, 02:43 PM
Why is Greg Popovich silent on this issue? Shouldn't he be voicing his opinion like the attention wh0re he is about this? Or is he too much of a pvssy to say anything?

He's been a quivering pink vagina since the 2016 OKC playoff series that ended Duncan's career.

Nah... scratch that, he's been a pussycunt since around 2008 WCF... he just got lucky to have a great team that couldn't miss shots in 2014... but the act of benching Duncan in the waning moments of regulation in 6 with the game 99.8% in the bag is still quite possibly the worst substitution decision in the history of the NBA.

DMC
03-16-2020, 12:54 AM
Gregg is a good coach, has a penchant for pretending he doesn't have an ego, and is really poor at substitutions.

lefty
12-11-2020, 09:20 AM
Midget French Povertyball World Champion has more cojones than LeMao :lol

I'm sure we have enough illegals on this forum to translate his post

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Eo6uUy9VEAAJn-B?format=jpg&name=medium

ambchang
11-25-2021, 08:12 AM
Media still making it clear they are on the side of Lebron:

https://www.cbc.ca/player/play/1977101891814/