PDA

View Full Version : Michael C. Wright: Spurs considering signing DeRozan to max extension

TD 21
10-09-2019, 02:31 PM
https://www.nba.com/preview/2019/SAS

"With San Antonio considering signing him to a max extension"

Dennis the Menace
10-09-2019, 02:36 PM
This Front Office is clueless. Only, the ONLY reason I would do this is if it’s a requirement with a trade partner.

Yogatti
10-09-2019, 02:36 PM
:lmao

Dennis the Menace
10-09-2019, 02:39 PM
Fans need to bring brown paper bags to every home game

TimDunkem
10-09-2019, 02:42 PM
Sigh.

A FO can be past it's prime too. They just don't get it anymore...they lost the plot...unless mediocrity is the goal now, in which case, this FO is still in prime form.

Yogatti
10-09-2019, 02:45 PM
Sigh.

A FO can be past it's prime too. They just don't get it anymore...they lost the plot...unless mediocrity is the goal now, in which case, this FO is still in prime form.

PATFO is trying to save face from getting fleeced by their father Masai. They will never admit they made a mistake trading Kawhi for Derozen and they’re doubling down by extending him

TimDunkem
10-09-2019, 02:51 PM
PATFO is trying to save face from getting fleeced by their father Masai. They will never admit they made a mistake trading Kawhi for Derozen and they’re doubling down by extending him

I've voiced this very same opinion since the beginning. Next they'll justify it by saying he "works really hard", and "is a great locker room guy" just like they did with Patty as if all of that is still worth anchoring your franchise around a guy with an outdated game and penchant for choking.

But, hey, instant 8th seed pretender. So tickets will be sold. Maybe that's all that matters these days.

SpursDynasty85
10-09-2019, 02:56 PM
You can't have articles saying Spurs are questioning Derozan's fit on the team and is not considering a max extension. This would cause more trouble and lower Spurs trade value if they wanted to swing Derozan for some assets. Everyone in here needs to put things into context that this is media reports.

Derozan and his agent will be looking for this. This shouldn't surprise anyone. Spurs should at least on the face "consider" this and give Derozan the motivation to do exactly what they want from him. Helps both sides, they can be on the same ball park, and usually Spurs find a way out or a way to stay in to their organization for their players.

NASpurs
10-09-2019, 02:56 PM
But who else is going to replace a 21/6/6 player that plays no defense and doesn't have a 3 pt shot in 2019? Who else is going to replace this perennial loser?

Robz4000
10-09-2019, 03:00 PM
:lmao:lmao:lmao:rollin:rollin:vomit::depressed:lma o

Dverde
10-09-2019, 03:04 PM
I love Demar, but to give him the max in his thirties is desperate. Good while it lasted boys.

cd98
10-09-2019, 03:15 PM
Is this really helpful information?

*Don't the Spurs have to consider signing him anyway, even for the max?
*If they were to trade him, wouldn't they want the other teams to think they valued him?
*They've been "considering" this for a while now. Maybe they are just trying to see if they can sign him for less than the max?

I do think they won't make the playoffs if they trade him and don't get a good player in return. I anticipate if they don't sign him or trade him, he'll have a good year and walk in free agency. Then the Spurs will ask what they got for Kawhi and it will look even worse. I think letting DeRozan go for nothing is their worst case scenario and something they will proactively try to avoid.

NASpurs
10-09-2019, 03:16 PM
I don't like DeMar but to his credit and short comings, he's not being used correctly offensively. The guy should be used with 3 point shooters but his only true outlet is Bryn Forbes who has a lot of short comings himself. The whole thing is just clogged.

Our 3 point shooters can't play defense and the players who can play defense can't shoot for shit. Horribly constructed team from last year is still horribly constructed which makes sense because there wasn't a lot of turnover outside of Bertans.

cool cat
10-09-2019, 03:21 PM
The real question is who are the two players better then DeRozan they are going to sign to make this team a contender?

apalisoc_9
10-09-2019, 03:25 PM
well deserved

spurspl
10-09-2019, 03:38 PM
Patfo didnt take westbrook contract but give ddr max extension...fuck
logic

timtonymanu
10-09-2019, 03:38 PM
No words, tbh. RIP PATFO

timtonymanu
10-09-2019, 03:41 PM
But who else is going to replace a 21/6/6 player that plays no defense and doesn't have a 3 pt shot in 2019? Who else is going to replace this perennial loser?

No other “star” will sign here, so why not
Good locker room guy
Murray, white, walker aren’t that good yet
Yada yada yada

KDKSpurs24
10-09-2019, 03:49 PM
Patfo didnt take westbrook contract but give ddr max extension...fuck
logic
Would be too many point guards. Unless you’re sayin we would have included White or Murray

spurspl
10-09-2019, 03:56 PM
Would be too many point guards. Unless you’re sayin we would have included White or Murray

i would include mills hehe
btw westbrook could play with white, murray would be a great 6th man bc hes still not ready to be main pg.

Chucho
10-09-2019, 03:58 PM
It's a done deal according to the reactions itt.

pad300
10-09-2019, 04:00 PM
I will believe this when they sign him ... Until then, this is just noise.

itzsoweezee
10-09-2019, 04:04 PM
Lol. Absolute imbeciles

Leetonidas
10-09-2019, 04:06 PM
:pctoss what a fucking joke. And I'm not even a DD hater but this dude is not worth anywhere near what his max would be. Fuckin bullshit man

exstatic
10-09-2019, 04:07 PM

:lol 'Father Masai' just signed Lowry for $31M and has zero assets to show for that trade now.

Robz4000
10-09-2019, 04:08 PM
:lol 'Father Masai' just signed Lowry for $31M and has zero assets to show for that trade now.

I mean they did just win the title...

Trainwreck2100
10-09-2019, 04:15 PM

he literally sold out his future for the title, which will let him keep his job for at least 10 years. It was a great gamble on his part

TD 21
10-09-2019, 04:16 PM

Messiah Ujiri gave Lowry that extension for 2 reasons. 1) To diffuse the potential for bad vibes at a time when the organization's Q rating it at an all-time high (thanks, Spurs) by temporarily quelling a perpetual malcontent, who was going to hold out until extended and if not, was going to attempt to engineer a trade to a contender. 2) This probably increases his trade value and they didn't tie up their '21 cap space, so the overall number is irrelevant.

He has a (contrived) championship, a far better young player than any of the Spurs ones, arguably better young talent overall and they're currently clearly a more well regarded organization than this archaic outfit.

This isn't comparable at all, but I knew you and your fellow apologists would attempt to spin it . . .

baseline bum
10-09-2019, 04:18 PM
Isn't a max extension quite a bit lower than a max contract though? Still, disgusting. DeRozan would have been so much more valuable in the 1990s when 18-foot shots were the norm and playoff chokers like Ewing and Malone were beloved.

DJR210
10-09-2019, 04:42 PM
I'm gonna stop giving a fuck about the Spurs if they sign this fucking POS faggot.. can't take any more bullshit

Mugen
10-09-2019, 04:50 PM

:lol I'll take a championship and not having to give Derozan a max extension tbh......

BatManu20
10-09-2019, 05:04 PM
:danceclub

TimmyBuckets
10-09-2019, 05:20 PM
Who's available? What options do Spurs have? DePression asks for max and what is our alternative? Let him walk and have no Allstar (fringe)? LMA is getting up there.

FkLA
10-09-2019, 05:35 PM
Idiots on ST have wanted to rebuild for years now. Never agreed with it, always thought it was stupid because I almost always felt like the Spurs were only a piece or two away from being back in contention.

But if the alternative is needlessly giving a career loser a max extension? Yeah, I'll take a fucking rebuild. I trust PATFO to do more with a high draft pick than with this guy locked up long term on a max deal.

TheGreatYacht
10-09-2019, 05:36 PM
1 year extension dumbass :lol

Toronto has nothing to show for that trade? LOL Popsuckers know no bounds :lobt2:

Dennis the Menace
10-09-2019, 05:43 PM
Who's available? What options do Spurs have? DePression asks for max and what is our alternative? Let him walk and have no Allstar (fringe)? LMA is getting up there.

Alex, I’ll have “Multiple Top 10 draft picks for an over paid outdated established choking net neutral player” for $800 please

GusT15
10-09-2019, 05:44 PM
Isn't a max extension quite a bit lower than a max contract though? Still, disgusting. DeRozan would have been so much more valuable in the 1990s when 18-foot shots were the norm and playoff chokers like Ewing and Malone were beloved.

This.
DeRozan's Max with the Spurs as a FA would be a 180/5,right?
A max extension is a 120/4 if i'm not mistaken (8% raise between years)?
Anyone to verify those numbers?

Oh and btw,we knew this was a possibility and i still hate it.

gambit1990
10-09-2019, 05:48 PM
dear god :lmao

rip spurs.

Keepin' it real
10-09-2019, 05:52 PM
http://i.imgur.com/7drHiqr.gif

spurraider21
10-09-2019, 05:56 PM
Idiots on ST have wanted to rebuild for years now. Never agreed with it, always thought it was stupid because I almost always felt like the Spurs were only a piece or two away from being back in contention.

But if the alternative is needlessly giving a career loser a max extension? Yeah, I'll take a fucking rebuild. I trust PATFO to do more with a high draft pick than with this guy locked up long term on a max deal.
i dont think letting derozan walk (or dumping him in a trade) is necessarily a "rebuild" move... the roster we have already has good young pieces that can work to occupy his role. rebuild usually implies blowing it all up, not slowly replacing one piece at a time.

i dont think the spurs have actively engaged in a rebuilding process since winning the 2014 chip, but patty is the only guy left from that team.

Dex
10-09-2019, 05:58 PM
Gross.

Dex
10-09-2019, 06:00 PM
This.
DeRozan's Max with the Spurs as a FA would be a 180/5,right?
A max extension is a 120/4 if i'm not mistaken (8% raise between years)?
Anyone to verify those numbers?

Oh and btw,we knew this was a possibility and i still hate it.

if true, the only silver lining to a max extension is that he'd have better trade value than an All-Star caliber player on a true max contract.

Texas_Ranger
10-09-2019, 06:01 PM
any chance DeRozan gets very depressed again...

Dverde
10-09-2019, 06:21 PM
Sadly I believe Demar is still a max player, I just don’t want my team with its young guards to give it to him. If he’s willing to give a discount, I would listen.

Yogatti
10-09-2019, 06:30 PM
:lol I'll take a championship and not having to give Derozan a max extension tbh......

this:lol

I don't know what the hell exstatic was thinking making that asinine post

Seventyniner
10-09-2019, 06:37 PM
Would a max extension have to be for the maximum number of years, and could the last year be a partial guarantee like LMA's?

It still sounds like a shit sandwich, but it might not be all that sloppy.

GusT15
10-09-2019, 06:45 PM
https://twitter.com/KeithSmithNBA/status/1182068802802069504

Make sure you know what the actual cap will be before you sign anything RC (or RCs assistant-whoever is making the call).

The last thing you need is thinking you have re-signed DDR for $30M per in a $116M Salary Cap,just to end with DDR taking up 30% of your cap on a $100M Budget.

TheGreatYacht
10-09-2019, 06:49 PM
https://twitter.com/KeithSmithNBA/status/1182068802802069504

Make sure you know what the actual cap will be before you sign anything RC (or RCs assistant-whoever is making the call).

The last thing you need is thinking you have re-signed DDR for $30M per in a $116M Salary Cap,just to end with DDR taking up 30% of your cap on a $100M Budget.
Oh man, this would be such a PATFO thing to do :lmao

Flashbacks of them outbidding themselves at 12:01am and giving out a loyalty contract to a Spanish llama that played here for a year and turned them down in the past.

Amuseddaysleeper
10-09-2019, 07:07 PM
Fuck this team

Kawhi is a genius if this is how the front office is

My god

TimDunkem
10-09-2019, 08:10 PM
Would a max extension have to be for the maximum number of years, and could the last year be a partial guarantee like LMA's?

It still sounds like a shit sandwich, but it might not be all that sloppy.

Imagine justifying eating a shit sandwich. :lol

Uriel
10-09-2019, 08:19 PM
:lmao :lmao :lmao

Uriel
10-09-2019, 08:21 PM
It could also be that the Spurs are floating this information to drive up DeRozan's trade value :stirpot:

Joseph Kony
10-09-2019, 08:23 PM
i'm wondering what the figures for a max extension would look like for him. obviously the cap being up in the air due the whole china fiasco (lol houston) is a problem, but pretty sure him signing an extension is cheaper than him re-signing for a max no? still, really not happy about this. DD is an alright player and a solid dude but we're not running a fucking charity here. if the goal is to win rings, he cant be tying up 25-30% of the cap

phxspurfan
10-09-2019, 08:25 PM
Fuck yea. Max value out of my jerseys now (TD, Demar). Just need to get Bert back now

Genovaswitness
10-09-2019, 08:28 PM
It could also be that the Spurs are floating this information to drive up DeRozan's trade value :stirpot:

2019 nutless org would never

Fuck yea. Max value out of my jerseys now (TD, Demar). Just need to get Bert back now

I really hope it’s an aliexpress pirated demar or a gift...

TimDunkem
10-09-2019, 08:39 PM

They don't have the guts to trade DeRozan and shake up the team.

tbdog
10-09-2019, 08:52 PM
I like DD game. He is what he is, a good one way wing. And I think his game will continue to get better as he ages (if he learns to hit a 3 like Kidd did at the back end of his career). But he is not a max player. I would never consider him a max. Not now, not then.

NASpurs
10-09-2019, 09:30 PM

On the other hand:

It could also be that DeRozan's camp are floating this information to drive up DeRozan's value. :lol

ZeusWillJudge
10-09-2019, 09:45 PM
This just in... Generalisimo Francisco Franco is still dead!

Didn't we already have this discussion? https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=281348&page=5&p=9937915#post9937915

KobesAchilles
10-09-2019, 09:58 PM
Makes ZERO sense to max him now. We don't know what the cap will look like, we don't know how he will fit with our young pieces, and we don't know if we will even make the playoffs. Too many variables to max him out now

SIidenote: haven't seen duncan2k5 post here yet but I will agree with everything he says. The dude was spot on all last year.

gospursgojas
10-09-2019, 10:15 PM

This.

Brought the team a championship but they are now back to obscurity where they tried so hard to climb out of.

TimmyBuckets
10-09-2019, 10:57 PM
Alex, I’ll have “Multiple Top 10 draft picks for an over paid outdated established choking net neutral player” for $800 please

Exactly. No one's gonna give us anything for DeRetard.

baseline bum
10-09-2019, 11:27 PM
This.

Brought the team a championship but they are now back to obscurity where they tried so hard to climb out of.

They basically traded Poetl and a late first for a title since they didn't want DeRozan anyways.

Ondrej
10-10-2019, 12:59 AM
This is it, we'll officially become a mediocre team. Imagine missing playoffs and staying with De Rozan on max contract without flexibility to improve the squad

gospursgojas
10-10-2019, 03:04 AM
They basically traded Poetl and a late first for a title since they didn't want DeRozan anyways.

Yeah. And now they have nothing. I guess it’s just a matter if you’re cool with mortgaging your future for one championship (which many teams don’t have) or playing the long game. ‘99 me may say yeah throw all chips in for that one sweet elusive championship. ‘19 me is like “I kinda liked being a contender for a decade plus”.

gambit1990
10-10-2019, 03:15 AM
Yeah. And now they have nothing. I guess it’s just a matter if you’re cool with mortgaging your future for one championship (which many teams don’t have) or playing the long game. ‘99 me may say yeah throw all chips in for that one sweet elusive championship. ‘19 me is like “I kinda liked being a contender for a decade plus”.
wrong. you're making it seem like the raps gave up siakam for one year of kawhi.

"it’s just a matter if you’re cool with mortgaging your future for one championship" :lol if the raps held on to demar then they'd be just as irrelevant as they are now, minus a championship.

masai got exactly what he wanted. it would make zero sense to undo what he did.

Down Under
10-10-2019, 05:01 AM
i'm wondering what the figures for a max extension would look like for him. obviously the cap being up in the air due the whole china fiasco (lol houston) is a problem, but pretty sure him signing an extension is cheaper than him re-signing for a max no? still, really not happy about this. DD is an alright player and a solid dude but we're not running a fucking charity here. if the goal is to win rings, he cant be tying up 25-30% of the cap
4 years $149 is max extension:
20-21: $33,287,970
21-22: $35,951,007
22-23: $38,827,088
23-24: $41,933,255

He would get more if he opted out after this season & signed a max contract (which I think some team would offer given ones like Charlotte, Memphis, Cavs have cap space & he would probably be the top free agent available). I could see him signing for a bit less here if he were to accept a bench role if they were to begin building around the young backcourt, who are both 2-way players.

Amuseddaysleeper
10-10-2019, 06:33 AM

Wtf, no, they have Siakim who is better than anyone on the Spurs and in a year or two they’ll have cleared the books whereas Spurs are maxing our crap like derozan

I’d much much rather be the raptors this season and the next than the dumpster fire that is the Spurs who continue handing out crappy contracts

Allan Rowe vs Wade
10-10-2019, 07:18 AM
ddr accepting a bench role? lmao so we could strive for 40 wins per year? delusional

YGWHI
10-10-2019, 07:42 AM
If you thought that Patty/Pau's contracts were bad/ridiculously expensive ...Surprise! :depressed

baseline bum
10-10-2019, 08:07 AM

Poetl and the 29th pick was mortgaging their future?

RC_Drunkford
10-10-2019, 09:40 AM
I just love how everytime one of those bad contracts that held the team hostage for 3 years or more expires, they sign 2 new ones. That's just part of the Spurs culture now

dbestpro
10-10-2019, 09:40 AM
If he could only hit the three.

Joseph Kony
10-10-2019, 09:47 AM
4 years $149 is max extension:
20-21: $33,287,970
21-22: $35,951,007
22-23: $38,827,088
23-24: $41,933,255

He would get more if he opted out after this season & signed a max contract (which I think some team would offer given ones like Charlotte, Memphis, Cavs have cap space & he would probably be the top free agent available). I could see him signing for a bit less here if he were to accept a bench role if they were to begin building around the young backcourt, who are both 2-way players.
:vomit: still disgusting, really hope the spurs dont do this

r0drig0lac
10-10-2019, 09:48 AM
I just love how everytime one of those bad contracts that held the team hostage for 3 years or more expires, they sign 2 new ones. That's just part of the Spurs culture now

sad but true

Dennis the Menace
10-10-2019, 10:03 AM
It was fun while it lasted, boys

skin27
10-10-2019, 10:32 AM
If you don’t want derozan to get the max contract then who’d you want to play for the spurs? Is there any superstars right now who’s interested to play for the spurs? Spurs has no choice..it’s either sign derozan for a extension or blew the team up and rebuild..

exstatic
10-10-2019, 10:45 AM
If you don’t want derozan to get the max contract then who’d you want to play for the spurs? Is there any superstars right now who’s interested to play for the spurs? Spurs has no choice..it’s either sign derozan for a extension or blew the team up and rebuild..

Most people think they want that. When they get it, and they will eventually, they won't like it at all. There are no Tim Duncans or David Robinsons out there, ready to rescue the franchise. It will take half a decade (using Philly and their buttload of draft picks as a best case template) just to get back to where we are now: a playoff team.

NASpurs
10-10-2019, 11:12 AM
Most people think they want that. When they get it, and they will eventually, they won't like it at all. There are no Tim Duncans or David Robinsons out there, ready to rescue the franchise. It will take half a decade (using Philly and their buttload of draft picks as a best case template) just to get back to where we are now: a playoff team.

It will take half a decade to be a BORDERLINE playoff team? Because that's where the Spurs truly are. You're sugarcoating it. We could be that with DeMar's contract off the books and his capspace filled by others. The guy doesn't move the needle unless mediocrity has a needle.

look_at_g_shred
10-10-2019, 11:28 AM
I like how everyone is laughing at this like this is news..this was always going to happen. So quit acting surprised just so you can get another chance at saying "this FO is trash" The current roster construction already says that for you lmao

SpursDynasty85
10-10-2019, 11:36 AM
It will take half a decade to be a BORDERLINE playoff team? Because that's where the Spurs truly are. You're sugarcoating it. We could be that with DeMar's contract off the books and his capspace filled by others. The guy doesn't move the needle unless mediocrity has a needle.

In the West everyone looks like a boarderline playoff team. Without Demar this year, Spurs are DEFINITELY a lottery team. Depending on who you get and whether or not White, Lonnie, and Murray are ready to be boarderline superstars or not this team could look really bad really quickly especially since LMA, Derozan, and Gay were easily our best players last year... easily.

Dennis the Menace
10-10-2019, 11:38 AM

Puff, puff, pass. This team as currently constructed is not a playoff team. And even if they were to weasel their way in - it would be a 4-0 or 3-1 exit in the 1st round.

The only thing ths organization does well anymore is draft & develop. So trade Derozan for picks and do just that OR for some established 3 and D types.

Millennial_Messiah
10-10-2019, 11:38 AM
This is gay
Better to just tank

exstatic
10-10-2019, 11:39 AM

I'm not talking about one move. I'm talking the posters who want to burn the damn thing to the ground.

Dennis the Menace
10-10-2019, 11:39 AM
What long term benefit happens with an 8th seed and 1st round exit? We just experienced it & the team didn’t get better in the offseason. Why would people want that to happen again? Because that’s where this is heading

NASpurs
10-10-2019, 11:58 AM
In the West everyone looks like a boarderline playoff team. Without Demar this year, Spurs are DEFINITELY a lottery team. Depending on who you get and whether or not White, Lonnie, and Murray are ready to be boarderline superstars or not this team could look really bad really quickly especially since LMA, Derozan, and Gay were easily our best players last year... easily.

If DeMar's bloated contract is the difference between the lottery and barely making the playoffs, then I know what I would choose. At least there's hope in one scenario (be it false hope if that's what you think) unlike in the other scenario where you're paying some guy upwards of $25 mil a year who refuses to evolve his game and is known as a mental midget, perennial loser. Not only that but extending his contract when he's going to be on the wrong side of 30. Yeah let's extend him just to maybe, barely make the playoffs.

This team has no direction, no rhyme or reason as to how it's been constructed. Sure Kawhi fucked things up but are they really going to try and save face by extending DeMar?

Oof at that bolded part. Dark times indeed.

baseline bum
10-10-2019, 12:11 PM
If he could only hit the three.

If he could shoot the three with competency he'd be a no-brainer max player and Toronto wouldn't have wanted to salary dump him.

SpursDynasty85
10-10-2019, 01:34 PM
If DeMar's bloated contract is the difference between the lottery and barely making the playoffs, then I know what I would choose. At least there's hope in one scenario (be it false hope if that's what you think) unlike in the other scenario where you're paying some guy upwards of $25 mil a year who refuses to evolve his game and is known as a mental midget, perennial loser. Not only that but extending his contract when he's going to be on the wrong side of 30. Yeah let's extend him just to maybe, barely make the playoffs.

This team has no direction, no rhyme or reason as to how it's been constructed. Sure Kawhi fucked things up but are they really going to try and save face by extending DeMar?

Oof at that bolded part. Dark times indeed.

I agree the construction of this team is wonky and about a year or two behind where they want to be. Imo, vying for playoffs vs straight tanking makes our young players worse. Putting them in competitive pressure and playoff games is the best way for them to grow and build confidence. I agree it's frustrating to watch every team get quicker younger more exciting while our team still plays like a early 2000's team but the intrigue of playoffs is still better than 2 losing seasons, imo. I admit if this year goes bad, it should be time to move on from the vets.

SpurSpike
10-10-2019, 01:52 PM
As flawed as he is from what iv seen of DDR he always seems to want to add to his game.

He made it a goal last year to be a better play maker and now he is averaging the highest assists of his carreer while at the same time being a new face on a new team. That's fairly impressive tbh. Yes it was on a team that maybe needed more play making but still impressive given the circumstance.

While i'm not supper excited to Max him out there is the possibility that he does continue to steadily improve even at his age. Seems like he has worked on his shooting form this summer as iv seen multiple reports of a better jump shot and 3 point shot. Hopefully he surprises us all!

Aggie Hoopsfan
10-10-2019, 02:06 PM
Pop's senile, dude needs to hang it up and go hang out in his basement and drink wine the rest of his life. :td

FkLA
10-10-2019, 03:02 PM

Are you saying PATFO's drafting is no better than the rest of the NBA's?

I like how the apologists dont give PATFO credit in one area to defend a terrible move in another area. :lol

timtonymanu
10-10-2019, 03:10 PM
Yeah count me in as one that prefers a lottery team/rebuild than to ask career losers like LMA, Demar and Rudy to barely lead us to a playoff run while pretending they’re motivated to do so. At least the team would be expected to suck and maybe get some effort from younger, hungrier players. The team has to completely rebuild at some point anyway.

There’s likely never gonna be a Tim, Manu, Tony type of team again. So why settle for 3 Richard Jeffersons so this team could “save face”?

BD24
10-10-2019, 03:13 PM
FFS. Hopefully there isn’t any truth to this shit

Ed Helicopter Jones
10-10-2019, 04:15 PM
We'd never get out from under a max deal on DDR. *Spur for life*

Down Under
10-10-2019, 04:25 PM
:vomit: still disgusting, really hope the spurs dont do this
Same. But I wouldn't mind if they sat down at some point & came to an agreement that the future is the young backcourt
& DD accepted coming off the bench in the future, which I think is entirely possible & took a pretty substantial discount over waiting for free agency & getting a huge deal from a deal team.

TimDunkem
10-10-2019, 06:14 PM
^DeRozan still is a losing player. His game will never translate into a title whether he's coming off the bench or not.

Dverde
10-10-2019, 07:32 PM
^DeRozan still is a losing player. His game will never translate into a title whether he's coming off the bench or not.

He did turn Toronto into a playoff team. I wouldn’t call him a losing player, more a 1st or 2nd playoff round player.

timtonymanu
10-10-2019, 08:16 PM
PATFO and their apologists wanting to keep Derozan and his empty stats on a max deal when Murray and White already fit better for the team

poopbox
10-10-2019, 08:46 PM

I would much rather have Derozan opt out...then we make a run at Jaylen Brown...who i still think could be a great player and would be a much better fit next to white and muray than derozan is...

A future lineup of Murray...white or walker with the other coming off the bench...Bronw...Luka...and whoever at the 5...has some great potential...

With the stuff that has come up recently I think their is a 0% chance he is back in Boston...he doesn't seem to want to be there and Boston doesn't seem to want him...even though he is RFA I feel Brown camp is going to tell Boston not to match any deal and Boston won't match any deal for him...

gambit1990
10-10-2019, 11:28 PM
:lol at anyone wanting to keep demar.

gambit1990
10-10-2019, 11:28 PM
just saw his IG story, shit had me lmao. not someone you max...

skin27
10-11-2019, 05:05 AM
Let’s wait and see on how derozan play this year before judging the extension.

RC_Drunkford
10-11-2019, 10:56 AM
I would much rather have Derozan opt out...then we make a run at Jaylen Brown...who i still think could be a great player and would be a much better fit next to white and muray than derozan is...

A future lineup of Murray...white or walker with the other coming off the bench...Bronw...Luka...and whoever at the 5...has some great potential...

With the stuff that has come up recently I think their is a 0% chance he is back in Boston...he doesn't seem to want to be there and Boston doesn't seem to want him...even though he is RFA I feel Brown camp is going to tell Boston not to match any deal and Boston won't match any deal for him...

exactly. But you know Pop won't do it. He will give DeRozan a max deal, let Forbes walk and extend Mills

poopbox
10-11-2019, 01:05 PM
exactly. But you know Pop won't do it. He will give DeRozan a max deal, let Forbes walk and extend Mills

:depressed:cry:cry:cry:cry:cry:cry:cry

Yogatti
10-11-2019, 11:11 PM
Has Derozen made a 3 point shot yet? Ben Simmons and Zion both accomplished this task this season.

Genovaswitness
10-12-2019, 12:15 AM
Has Derozen made a 3 point shot yet? Ben Simmons and Zion both accomplished this task this season.

after he finishes listening to this nipsey hussle mixtape

TimDunkem
10-12-2019, 07:25 AM
RIP Nipsey. RIP Spurs chance at ever being contenders.

duncan2k5
10-12-2019, 04:59 PM
Lol at ppl saying demar made the raps a playoff team... They won in spite of him... Not because of him... This is the same dude that was benched in a playoff game because of how trash he was

Collins21
10-12-2019, 05:08 PM
Lol at ppl saying demar made the raps a playoff team... They won in spite of him... Not because of him... This is the same dude that was benched in a playoff game because of how trash he was

Dumb ass they would not have made it to the playoffs to have the chance to choke without DeMar. How much you want to be that the raptors won't win 45 games next year.

tbdog
10-12-2019, 05:17 PM
Take Bosh and Carter, they both left Toronto, both will make the HOF, both were less successful than DD for the Raptors. DD deserves a lot of credit making Toronto relevant and creating a good culture.

TD 21
10-12-2019, 06:03 PM
Take Bosh and Carter, they both left Toronto, both will make the HOF, both were less successful than DD for the Raptors. DD deserves a lot of credit making Toronto relevant and creating a good culture.

Carter and Bosh didn't have the fortune of playing with a top 15 regular season player nor one of the deepest teams in the league.

You'd think Spurs fans of all people would realize the value of Lowry considering comparing him to DeRozan is essentially a lesser version of comparing Ginobili to Parker.

Collins21
10-12-2019, 06:35 PM
Carter and Bosh didn't have the fortune of playing with a top 15 regular season player nor one of the deepest teams in the league.

You'd think Spurs fans of all people would realize the value of Lowry considering comparing him to DeRozan is essentially a lesser version of comparing Ginobili to Parker.

What did Lowry accomplish before he played with Derozan?

TimDunkem
10-12-2019, 07:04 PM

What has DeRozan ever accomplished?

TD 21
10-12-2019, 07:05 PM

He was mostly not in his prime or starting before they acquired him.

John B
10-15-2019, 05:37 AM
So far Demar has disappointed my expectations. I was hoping he would come back shooting 3’s and play more suitable to today’s NBA. Sadly not. And sadly his style of basketball is not championship ball. He doesn’t deserve the max reserved for the best player.

Harry Callahan
10-15-2019, 09:04 AM
Why hitch your franchise to a 30 year old shooting guard, small forward with obvious holes in his game? Wait it out and develop younger players.

Big P
10-15-2019, 10:25 AM
Why hitch your franchise to a 30 year old shooting guard, small forward with obvious holes in his game? Wait it out and develop younger players.

Because Spurs culture.:pop:

itzsoweezee
10-16-2019, 08:37 PM
You all ready to jump on the dump DeRozan bandwagon yet? I'll pretend like I didn't see you arguing that he should get an extension.

SAGirl
10-17-2019, 12:05 AM
They should be considering extending Murray instead IMO