PDA

View Full Version : Cop kills woman inside her home for walking around

phxspurfan
10-13-2019, 11:16 AM
https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/12/us/fort-worth-police-shooting/index.html

Neighbor called the cops to report the front door was open. Cops apparently shouted for her to put her hands up, then shot her through the window. Ended up being the homeowner/renter/whatever

Blake
10-13-2019, 11:50 AM
Goddam why does this shit keep happening.

Charge the fucker with murder/manslaughter/whatever

Millennial_Messiah
10-13-2019, 11:54 AM
Shoot first, arrest later tbh

DMC
10-13-2019, 12:05 PM

Maybe investigate first. I know you think you know the entire story but like always you don't. Let the facts be gathered and the case will move forward, avoid looking like an idiot again.

Trill Clinton
10-13-2019, 12:37 PM
All he has to say is he feared for his life and he'll get a hug from the judge, a bible and a light sentence.

xpcV0ODTy0Y

boutons_deux
10-13-2019, 12:59 PM

"I feared for my life" and was following the historic protocol for all LE depts (aka "kill the knitters")

It don't matter:

leave your front door open, cops come

ask whose behind the front door, to get busted in with flashbang grenades or just get shot through the door

boutons_deux
10-13-2019, 01:00 PM
All he has to say is he feared for his life and he'll get a hug from the judge, a bible and a light sentence.

xpcV0ODTy0Y

I read yesterday it was heavily edited "for full transparency" :lol

DMC
10-13-2019, 01:20 PM
It's possible someone did intrude, she turned on all lights and was clearing her own home. It's possible it was her nephew that came in late, maybe never said he was leaving, and she got scared and so began to sweep the house to check for intruders. I've done it.

Calling the cops because your neighbor's door is open is stupid. Doors open by design. If the cop shot someone just because they held a gun in their own home, that's murder imo. If the cop shot them and they weren't carrying, that's murder. Either is murder. Cops sneaking around your home is a problem, makes them indistinguishable from an intruder.

Possible scenarios:

1. What I mentioned above
2. She was unarmed and the gun wasn't even a real gun
3. There was a disagreement between the neighbor and the nephew

If someone screams at me "don't move, let me see your hands" in the middle of the night from outside my home, one of us might get shot. The phrase "police" helps.. too bad dude didn't say it.

I'm sure Lee Merritt is on the case.

Will Hunting
10-13-2019, 01:33 PM
It's possible someone did intrude, she turned on all lights and was clearing her own home. It's possible it was her nephew that came in late, maybe never said he was leaving, and she got scared and so began to sweep the house to check for intruders. I've done it.

Calling the cops because your neighbor's door is open is stupid. Doors open by design. If the cop shot someone just because they held a gun in their own home, that's murder imo. If the cop shot them and they weren't carrying, that's murder. Either is murder. Cops sneaking around your home is a problem, makes them indistinguishable from an intruder.

Possible scenarios:

If someone screams at me "don't move, let me see your hands" in the middle of the night from outside my home, one of us might get shot. The phrase "police" helps.. too bad dude didn't say it.

I’m not in disagreement with any of this but the punchline imo is that people are always going to do stupid shit (call 911 for a dumb reason, not respond when a cop is yelling let me see your hands, etc) and cops need to be the level headed ones who are careful. Their job is largely to stay calm when those around them are being dumbasses.

Spurminator
10-13-2019, 01:47 PM
Fucking god damn shame.

DMC
10-13-2019, 01:58 PM
I’m not in disagreement with any of this but the punchline imo is that people are always going to do stupid shit (call 911 for a dumb reason, not respond when a cop is yelling let me see your hands, etc) and cops need to be the level headed ones who are careful. Their job is largely to stay calm when those around them are being dumbasses.

I agree, that's why I said someone would get shot likely, me or them. Our daily lives should not include the situational awareness, at 1am, that a cop is standing outside your window when the silence is broken by "let me see your hands!!!". If I was casing my own home and a cop screamed that out, I'd at least take cover and probably would get shot since I'd be indistinguishable from an intruder. The problem is that the cop had no business shooting into an occupied home nor casing it from the outside. If the door was open, just enter the home with the announcement "POLICE!". There could have been anyone in the line of fire. It's just lowest common denominator type "scared shitless" policing. If you're that scared, don't become a cop.

Will Hunting
10-13-2019, 02:02 PM
It's just lowest common denominator type "scared shitless" policing. If you're that scared, don't become a cop.
Fucking exactly, which is why I blame shitty pay as a big cause for all of these police shootings. For what cops get paid you end up with a lot of these lowest common denominator types who only become cops because they can't do anything better.

DMC
10-13-2019, 02:16 PM
Fucking exactly, which is why I blame shitty pay as a big cause for all of these police shootings. For what cops get paid you end up with a lot of these lowest common denominator types who only become cops because they can't do anything better.

You look at these Xe (formerly Blackwater) guys, they shoot indiscriminately at whomthefuckever because they have immunity. They are highly paid, 400K a year for some, and they are highly trained ex commandos, operators and shit. They have situational awareness, they just have a much much simpler go/no-go lever for engagement than you or I would have. Cops have to consider legal ramifications, but so many of them put themselves in a position to need to consider it, when they didn't have to be there. Are you really making it safer in a home by shooting through a fucking window when you have zero idea what the fuck is going on? Why even peep in windows? If that's training, they need to rethink it and stop having the fucking SEALs and other non LEO types train people who have to interface with the public.

You ever approach a cop, like even in a supermarket and say anything? You usually get this wary look from them, like you just invaded their space. They are always on alert in case they need to shoot someone.

In a situation like the OP, these guys are already unholstered so they are in "kill now" mode without so much as a single threat that could have been perceived. This is based, of course, on knowing nothing more about the incident than the story currently contains, but even without this particular incident, that bitch in Dallas could have just left. Just leave.. walk away and call for back up. Botham Jean would be alive today. Dude in the video could have just ducked and covered, and alerted the others then called out "POLICE!". This probably happens more often than not, and cops are likely doing 1000 good sweeps for 1 fuckup, but with the cost of innocent life they have to do better.

Stupid shit for sure.

resistanze
10-13-2019, 02:32 PM

xpcV0ODTy0Y

resistanze
10-13-2019, 02:40 PM
Meh this is probably how it went down for Amber Guyger. Shooting before finishing their sentence (without announcing they are police). Hence why the mistake of fact defense is so silly and they should both get 25 to life tbh.

ElNono
10-13-2019, 03:01 PM
Just leave.. walk away and call for back up.

I believe this is standard operating procedure, and more than just for safety, but also for legal CYA purposes. Like you said, there's probably a million sweeps for every fuckup, but when the fuckups happen, they're both high profile and costly.

Blake
10-13-2019, 03:10 PM
Maybe investigate first. I know you think you know the entire story but like always you don't. Let the facts be gathered and the case will move forward, avoid looking like an idiot again.

Lol I'm not the DA, idiot. If more facts come out and I change my mind, so be it.

I know others' perception of you is very very important to you here, but it's just a message board.

Blake
10-13-2019, 03:12 PM

Possible scenarios:

Says dude that says to wait for all the facts.

Pavlov
10-13-2019, 03:29 PM
Says dude that says to wait for all the facts.:lol Unfortunately there's not a BBC angle he can jump on like last he did with Guyger.

DMC
10-13-2019, 03:42 PM
Says dude that says to wait for all the facts.

Me: "It's possible this happened".

You

"Charge the fucker with murder"

Yeah I see the similarities.

Blake
10-13-2019, 03:55 PM
DMC:

If the cop shot someone just because they held a gun in their own home, that's murder imo. If the cop shot them and they weren't carrying, that's murder. Either is murder.

Lol

DMC
10-13-2019, 05:01 PM
DMC:

Lol

Ok and?

"if"

Blake
10-13-2019, 05:16 PM
Ok and?

"if"

Yeah we both read the same info. I have the same implied "if" as you do. You're a fucking moron.

DMC
10-13-2019, 05:43 PM

Yeah we both read the same info. I have the same implied "if" as you do. You're a fucking moron.

:lol no

DMC
10-13-2019, 05:49 PM
http://img.alicdn.com/bao/uploaded/i3/T1jWypXlNuXXccb5U1_041547.jpg

The "gun"?

She was playing a video game.

Jesus, talk about shitty timing.

Notice how blurry the images are, don't want you drawing conclusions just yet. :bang

Blake
10-13-2019, 05:51 PM
:lol no

Because you really think I'm set on murder no matter what new info might suddenly surface.

Because you're an idiot.

Blake
10-13-2019, 05:54 PM
http://img.alicdn.com/bao/uploaded/i3/T1jWypXlNuXXccb5U1_041547.jpg

The "gun"?

She was playing a video game.

Jesus, talk about shitty timing.

Notice how blurry the images are, don't want you drawing conclusions just yet. :bang

You already concluded murder.

DMC
10-13-2019, 06:03 PM
Because you really think I'm set on murder no matter what new info might suddenly surface.

Because you're an idiot.

You didn't infer it.

DMC
10-13-2019, 06:04 PM
You already concluded murder.
You're not only desperate but really really stupid.

I said "if". You didn't.

No more LIP, Low Information Poster.

Blake
10-13-2019, 07:00 PM
You didn't infer it.

No, you are too stupid to infer it.

Blake
10-13-2019, 07:01 PM
You're not only desperate but really really stupid.

I said "if". You didn't.

No more LIP, Low Information Poster.

I don't want a murder charge if it's not necessary. Nobody does. The "if" doesn't need to be said to people of reasonable intelligence. It's easily understood.

But you're stupid.

DMC
10-13-2019, 08:41 PM
No, you are too stupid to infer it.
More gibberish. I said it straight out.. "if".

You're like a homeless man's version of Pavlov.

DMC
10-13-2019, 08:42 PM
I don't want a murder charge if it's not necessary. Nobody does. The "if" doesn't need to be said to people of reasonable intelligence. It's easily understood.

But you're stupid.

Sure it does. If someone says "charge him with murder" they have made up their mind. No one assumes you means "if they are guilty". You've made the verdict already.

You should get out more. You seem a bit out of phase with reality.

Spurtacular
10-13-2019, 08:44 PM

Guy on life support's version of Pavlov, tbh.

Blake
10-13-2019, 08:59 PM

What do you think the word "infer" means?

Serious and easy question for you to avoid:

Do you really think I wouldn't change my mind on a murder charge if more facts came out? Simple yes or no.

Blake
10-13-2019, 09:00 PM
Sure it does. If someone says "charge him with murder" they have made up their mind. No one assumes you means "if they are guilty". You've made the verdict already.

You should get out more. You seem a bit out of phase with reality.

Yeah, you're really stupid.

DMC
10-13-2019, 09:16 PM
What do you think the word "infer" means?

Serious and easy question for you to avoid:

Do you really think I wouldn't change my mind on a murder charge if more facts came out? Simple yes or no.

What in your comments would you say leads anyone to think you inferred it?

I think you'd abandon the thread with a "neat" comment and be off to piss on some other discussion with your worthless offerings.

DMC
10-13-2019, 09:17 PM
Yeah, you're really stupid.

You're inferring that, if I am wrong, I would be stupid but if the evidence shows I am correct then that makes me pretty smart. I see that in your response.

Do you think they'd know if someone is guilty without a trial, but should file charges based on your outrage?

Pavlov
10-13-2019, 09:19 PM
I'm pretty sure you mean imply.

Blake
10-13-2019, 09:33 PM
You're inferring that, if I am wrong, I would be stupid but if the evidence shows I am correct then that makes me pretty smart. I see that in your response.

Do you think they'd know if someone is guilty without a trial, but should file charges based on your outrage?

If I want to change my mind as to what the penalty should be based on new information, I can do that. It's really ok.

The guess who gets it's right here first game is all you.

lefty
10-13-2019, 10:14 PM
Ah murican cops

DMC
10-14-2019, 12:08 AM
Herr derr it's just a message board, I can be a sloppy as I want.

If its really ok why do you keep responding to defend the fact you just went all Leroy Jenkins?

Blake
10-14-2019, 12:44 AM
I'm really trying to figure just how stupid you really are.

I mean, you post long winded posts which look like you put thought into it but really in the end, you're a fucking moron.

Don't worry, I won't be giving you the benefit of the doubt any more that you might have said something halfway worthwhile.

DMC
10-14-2019, 12:50 AM
I'm really trying to figure just how stupid you really are.

I mean, you post long winded posts which look like you put thought into it but really in the end, you're a fucking moron.

Don't worry, I won't be giving you the benefit of the doubt any more that you might have said something halfway worthwhile.

And you're a cuck.

I win

Blake
10-14-2019, 12:53 AM
You're a derp

DMC
10-14-2019, 12:57 AM
You're a derp

Preferable over being a cuck.

Blake
10-14-2019, 01:28 AM
Preferable over being a cuck.

Noted, derp.

FrostKing
10-14-2019, 02:40 AM
The neighbor should feel partly responsible.

That Cop is clearly too aggressive. You'd think there was intruder specifically reported and/or loud noises coming from inside the home.

Blake
10-14-2019, 02:44 AM
The neighbor should feel partly responsible.

No

FrostKing
10-14-2019, 02:47 AM
No
Yes. This wasn't an apartment complex. If you call the authorities from a neighborhood then something serious must be occurring.

Pavlov
10-14-2019, 03:19 AM
The neighbor should feel partly responsible.No.

Winehole23
10-14-2019, 08:00 AM
The mere idea that Atatiana Jefferson might have been armed in her own home rendered her life disposable.

The stochastic reoccurrence of police murder reinforces the prevailing caste system. Some people are more disposable than others.

boutons_deux
10-14-2019, 08:51 AM
The mere idea that Atatiana Jefferson might have been armed in her own home rendered her life disposable.

The stochastic reoccurrence of police murder reinforces the prevailing caste system. Some people are more disposable than others.

Police are an expression of the foundation of America: White Male Supremacy, going back to the FFs.

FrostKing
10-14-2019, 11:51 AM
Police are an expression of the founcaton of America: White Male Supremacy, going back to the FFs.
If true then the USA is not yet lost

DeadlyDynasty
10-14-2019, 02:36 PM
In this week's guilt power rankings would you put this above or below the birthday boy who was denied cheesy bread?

DMC
10-14-2019, 03:49 PM
Police are an expression of the founcaton of America: White Male Supremacy, going back to the FFs.

What is a founcaton?

Blake
10-14-2019, 03:52 PM
What is a founcaton?

Asks derp that didn't know how to use "infer" properly

DMC
10-14-2019, 04:30 PM

We should excogitate on this cynosure so as to avoid circumlocution, though no doubt you are ebullient, I believe equanimity is the best course. For as difficult as it is to admit the anomalistic quality of this event before us, we should nonetheless strive to at least appear percpicacious.

Pavlov
10-14-2019, 04:39 PM
lol infer

DMC
10-14-2019, 04:43 PM
lol infer

lol wheelchair access

Pavlov
10-14-2019, 04:46 PM
lol wheelchair accesslol pissy DMC's narrative

Your ego is so fragile. Poor fella.

DMC
10-14-2019, 04:51 PM
lol pissy DMC's narrative

Your ego is so fragile. Poor fella.

Says the rapid response 24 hours a day post bot known as Chumpdumper :lol

You're so easy.

Pavlov
10-14-2019, 04:55 PM
Says the rapid response 24 hours a day post bot known as Chumpdumper :lol

You're so easy.:lol you can't stand the fact you're wrong and and everyone can see you're wrong. You're lashing out instead of just admitting it.

It's cute just how insecure you are about this. Tough shit.

DMC
10-14-2019, 04:59 PM
:lol you can't stand the fact you're wrong and and everyone can see you're wrong. You're lashing out instead of just admitting it.

It's cute just how insecure you are about this. Tough shit.

Using words like "us" and "Everyone" and "We"

You're alone. You have no friends here either.

:lol

Pavlov
10-14-2019, 05:02 PM
Using words like "us" and "Everyone" and "We"

You're alone. You have no friends here either.

:lol:lol now you're pretending no one else can read your posts.

It's a public message board. Every:lolne who reads your posts can see how you fucked up multiple times. And that kills you inside since you want them to think you're really smart.

:lol your eg:lol

DMC
10-14-2019, 05:06 PM
:lol now you're pretending no one else can read your posts.

It's a public message board. Every:lolne who reads your posts can see how you fucked up multiple times. And that kills you inside since you want them to think you're really smart.

:lol your eg:lol

You're the only one responding :lol

:lol Going all night with Spurtacular about menial shit.

:lol You were posting at 3am today

:lol You're a loser

Pavlov
10-14-2019, 05:10 PM
You're the only one responding :lol

:lol Going all night with Spurtacular about menial shit.

:lol You were posting at 3am today

:lol You're a loser:lol look at your full scale offensive you launched because you don't know the difference between imply and infer.

That's how fragile your ego is, dude.

It's top priority for you to retaliate when you fail at grammar.

DMC
10-14-2019, 05:13 PM
:lol look at your full scale offensive you launched because you don't know the difference between imply and infer.

That's how fragile your ego is, dude.

It's top priority for you to retaliate when you fail at grammar.

:lol another lonely night for Chumpy the grammar nazi and his cat.

TimDunkem
10-14-2019, 05:15 PM
Pavlov, do you ever get tired of arguing? Just curious. No trolling.

Pavlov
10-14-2019, 05:15 PM
:lol another lonely night for Chumpy the grammar nazi and his cat.:lol DMC's vagina is always going to be sore about this one.

Pavlov
10-14-2019, 05:18 PM
Pavlov, do you ever get tired of arguing? Just curious. No trolling. It's fun to tease DMC about this because he goes absolutely nuclear when he's proved wrong about something so simple. I can't even call this an argument.

DMC
10-14-2019, 05:51 PM
It's fun to tease DMC about this because he goes absolutely nuclear when he's proved wrong about something so simple. I can't even call this an argument.

:lmao getting called out

:lol straightens his tie and wipes the spaghetti sauce off his face, sits up straight.. "It's fun to tease..."
:lol "everyone"

DMC
10-14-2019, 05:54 PM
https://www.google.com/logos/doodles/2019/joseph-plateaus-218th-birthday-5462347081580544-law.gif

Chumpy's asshole right now

:lmao

Pavlov
10-14-2019, 05:54 PM
:lmao getting called out

:lol straightens his tie and wipes the spaghetti sauce off his face, sits up straight.. "It's fun to tease..."
:lol "everyone":lol it just proves that other people saw your failure and your meltdown when I pointed it out.

:lol yes everyo:lolne who read the thread.

:lol still pissy about your own grammar error.

Pavlov
10-14-2019, 05:56 PM
https://www.google.com/logos/doodles/2019/joseph-plateaus-218th-birthday-5462347081580544-law.gif

Chumpy's asshole right now

:lmao:lmao now you're fantasizing about my asshole

:lmao every:lolne can see your fantasizing

:lol all I had to do was post "lol infer"

DMC
10-14-2019, 05:59 PM
Pavlov, do you ever get tired of arguing? Just curious. No trolling.

:lol it just proves that other people saw your failure and your meltdown when I pointed it out.

:lol yes everyo:lolne who read the thread.

:lol still pissy about your own grammar error.

:lol sure

Odd he asked you, not me.

He asks because you've never had a real discussion here.

Pavl:lolv living the dream

Pavlov
10-14-2019, 06:42 PM
:lol sure

Odd he asked you, not me.

He asks because you've never had a real discussion here.

Pavl:lolv living the dream:lol what caused your meltdown?

lol infer

:lol DMC living the dream of melting down over his own usage error.

DMC
10-14-2019, 06:50 PM
:lol first post from Chumpy ITT was about me.

He's that guy that pays a low cover charge then drinks water all night at a gentleman's club, never buys a lap dance and doesn't tip. Doesn't offer anything to the conversation, but spends days shit posting the thread into oblivion, always insisting he's right.

The liberal version of Wild Cobra.

Pavlov
10-14-2019, 07:00 PM
:lol first post from Chumpy ITT was about me.

He's that guy that pays a low cover charge then drinks water all night at a gentleman's club, never buys a lap dance and doesn't tip. Doesn't offer anything to the conversation, but spends days shit posting the thread into oblivion, always insisting he's right.

The liberal version of Wild Cobra.:lol look at you still going with your narrative.

Remember, all it took was this to set you off:

lol infer
:lol t:lolugh guy

Trill Clinton
10-14-2019, 07:04 PM
Not surprising but the cop resigned today.

LkrFan
10-14-2019, 07:14 PM
Not surprising but the cop resigned today.

The faggot should have been arrested

Pavlov
10-14-2019, 07:17 PM
The faggot should have been arrestedMight still be, but it ain't Dallas.

Trill Clinton
10-14-2019, 07:17 PM
The faggot should have been arrested

Yup. You know police get handled with kid gloves when they fucc up.

LkrFan
10-14-2019, 07:27 PM
Edit
https://twitter.com/shaunking/status/1183896461391683584?s=19

Now give him the chair. #EyeForAnEye

Pavlov
10-14-2019, 07:29 PM
Those shades confirm guilt.

Trill Clinton
10-14-2019, 08:05 PM
Edit

a badass cop selfie

DMC
10-14-2019, 08:29 PM
:lol look at you still going with your .

Remember, all it took was this to set you off:

:lol t:lolugh guy
Still going with my what? You all flustered?

Pav's needs a bone thrown his way now and then, keep that chin up fellow.

spurraider21
10-14-2019, 08:31 PM
Edit

thought that was a pic of shaun king tbh

pgardn
10-14-2019, 10:53 PM
Who wants to be a cop?

Crickets...

This is a ridiculously tough job in this country.
It does not excuse the lack of judgment , but really, stand up and take the job.

phxspurfan
10-14-2019, 10:57 PM
thought that was a pic of shaun king tbh

Here you go bro, one autographed Shaun King.

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/51j2iEoZTvL.jpg

phxspurfan
10-14-2019, 10:59 PM
Who wants to be a cop?

Crickets...

This is a ridiculously tough job in this country.
It does not excuse the lack of judgment , but really, stand up and take the job.

?

Harder than flipping burgers and getting burns all over your arms?

Harder than going into Syria and getting your arms and legs blown off?

Or harder than mining coal?

Is it really that hard to not shoot unarmed women walking around in their houses?

Pavlov
10-14-2019, 11:14 PM
Still going with my what? You all flustered?

Pav's needs a bone thrown his way now and then, keep that chin up fellow.Holy shit, dude didn't
stop.

Narrative. Your narrative.

Left it out of the edit.

It's just that easy to admit a mistake.

Try it sometime.

spurraider21
10-15-2019, 12:12 AM
damn... rough day for DMC. and to make things worse, he could have actually avoided the mistake by watching the fucking big bang theory :lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYqHMBTtZsc

redzero
10-15-2019, 12:50 AM
What could she have done to not be shot in the half-second the cop gave her to react?

pgardn
10-15-2019, 07:02 AM
?

Harder than flipping burgers and getting burns all over your arms?

Harder than going into Syria and getting your arms and legs blown off?

Or harder than mining coal?

Is it really that hard to not shoot unarmed women walking around in their houses?

Oh yea for sure it’s always so simple.
You go in and break up a family dispute inside an apartment (in which both sides are armed but you don’t know it until you enter) trying to stop a mere verbal dispute now become physical.
And, you are considered an enemy as well because it’s none of your business.

Harder than... think about it... Peace officer? Protecting the Public? Stopping crime?

Tell me just wtf a cop is supposed to be in a country that is heavily armed and supposedly not at war.
What is a cop, what are they here for? Instead of taking an example in which the situation is clear after the fact. Wait until summer rolls around again and the kids, that were warehoused in school, are home again crammed in a squalid situation. Oh yes it’s clear the dumbasses all shoot people playing video games. Look at the divorce rate and you have a clue.

Blake
10-15-2019, 09:14 AM
https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/13/us/fort-worth-shooting-what-we-know/index.html

Arrested on murder charge.

For derpmc, if new information comes out somehow like somehow evidence of self defense pops up, the murder charge just might be dropped.

But we should all wait just to make sure.

boutons_deux
10-15-2019, 09:27 AM
https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/13/us/fort-worth-shooting-what-we-know/index.html

Arrested on murder charge.

For derpmc, [I]if[/I new information comes out somehow like somehow evidence of self defense pops up, the murder charge just might be dropped.

But we should all wait just to make sure.

the shooter wasn't the only cop there, so we can expect the other cops to lie about the cop-fatal "threat" the dead lady presented.

18 Chicago cops LIED about Laquan MacDonald, aka, the Blue Wall.

Blake
10-15-2019, 09:41 AM
the shooter wasn't the only cop there, so we can expect the other cops to lie about the cop-fatal "threat" the dead lady presented.

18 Chicago cops LIED about Laquan MacDonald, aka, the Blue Wall.

I'm not so sure. There's a point where you can't lie because it's pretty obvious what happened. Especially with the vest cam.

boutons_deux
10-15-2019, 10:04 AM
I'm not so sure. There's a point where you can't lie because it's pretty obvious what happened. Especially with the vest cam.

"pretty obvious" that an unarmed and dead Laquan Mcdonald didn't need 16 shots, but 18 cops covered for the shooter, and several were fired.

The Blue Wall functions like a religion, denying FACTS because it is totally invested in self-defending lies and fantasies.

Blake
10-15-2019, 10:48 AM
"pretty obvious" that an unarmed and dead Laquan Mcdonald didn't need 16 shots, but 18 cops covered for the shooter, and several were fired.

The Blue Wall functions like a religion, denying FACTS because it is totally invested in self-defending lies and fantasies.

Except in this case the mayor, the city manager and police chief have all apologized profusely and have no alternative answer for this shooting.

boutons_deux
10-15-2019, 10:53 AM
Except in this case the mayor, the city manager and police chief have all apologized profusely and have no alternative answer for this shooting.

They won't apologize for, or change, the cops' training that tells the cops to "serve and protect" themselves above all and therefore always to escalate immediately to shooting, without any attempt at de-escalation.

Blake
10-15-2019, 10:56 AM
They won't apologize for, or change, the cops' training that tells the cops to "serve and protect" themselves above all and therefore always to escalate immediately to shooting, without any attempt at de-escalation.

Cmon now, they don't train them to "escalate immediately to shooting without any attempt at deescalation"

http://fortworthtexas.gov/news/2018/01/police-perf-training/

boutons_deux
10-15-2019, 11:01 AM
Cmon now, they don't train them to "escalate immediately to shooting without any attempt at deescalation"

http://fortworthtexas.gov/news/2018/01/police-perf-training/

https://www.nytimes.com/2015/08/02/us/training-officers-to-shoot-first-and-he-will-answer-questions-later.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETf7NJOMS6Y

https://loevy.com/blog/police-training-shoot-first/

https://www.theatlantic.com/national/archive/2014/12/police-gun-shooting-training-ferguson/383681/

etc, etc.

If a cop hasn't received formal training to "shoot immediately and always", then the informal cop culture instills that in him anyway.