PDA

View Full Version : Student lunch shaming?

phxspurfan
10-14-2019, 01:32 AM
https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/13/us/california-schools-lunch-law/index.html

In early September, when Jefferson Sharpnack grabbed his lunch tray on his ninth birthday, school staff instead gave him something else: bread and cheese.
The school system told CNN that the boy was served an alternative lunch which is given to students with deficit accounts.

Over the summer, one Pennsylvania school district sent a letter home saying any student who owned lunch money should pay or they'd go to foster care.

It's been a long ass time since I've been in school, and when I was there everyone ate the same bullshit. Now in cafeterias they have healthier/bougier options. But wtf, using the lunch program as a way of separating poor kids from other kids is fucked up.

Making kids play social class warfare games when they should be learning math and reading to keep up with the world's modern educational systems. Parents who stand for this in schools, you should be ashamed of yourselves.

Chris
10-14-2019, 01:44 AM
Vote for Bernie and you will get bread lines.

Blake
10-14-2019, 02:18 AM

Is that like a harvest box?

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/trumps-budget-resurrects-harvest-box-proposal-food-stamps/story?id=61627707

ElNono
10-14-2019, 10:46 AM

Not a fan of Bernie, but this sounds a lot like death panels!

Millennial_Messiah
10-14-2019, 10:58 AM
I agree that that's fucked up, but they should do away with the shitty cafeterias in the first place. The food is downright disgusting and it's processed and carcinogenic because of all the chemicals required to keep it from rotting all that time. I didn't eat cafeteria food once in 4 years in high school. Just bring your own lunch from home if you absolutely have to have lunch, or better yet, use the valuable lunch-period time to do your homework so you can go home and relax instead of working off the clock.

SnakeBoy
10-14-2019, 11:20 AM

That's a good thing. It means people have food.

boutons_deux
10-14-2019, 11:32 AM
handcuffing teens and younger in school, denying lunch, school cops body slamming black girls

all part of the American unstoppable descent into bullying and power-plays as a way life, into barbarity, inhumanity, people as objects to be brutalized.

The sadism of military, etc training, the sadism of college hazing, the sadism of prison guards, all proving that American civilization is deeply fucked up and degrading.

At bottom, it's the ethics of Capitalism, where people and the planet are nothing but sources to be plundered for profit.

Kim Jong-il
10-14-2019, 12:16 PM
:lmao says the guy who still lives with his parents and has his mommeh fix him a lunchbox every day.

koriwhat
10-14-2019, 01:39 PM
I never got free food let alone free bread & cheese. Thank the lord above for all your free shit and stop bitching while others get nada.

Blake
10-14-2019, 02:06 PM
Koriwhat also had to walk uphill in the snow to school both ways

SpursforSix
10-14-2019, 02:15 PM
Sounds like he had 90% of a grilled cheese. Without the unhealthy butter, oil and burnt bread.

Chucho
10-14-2019, 02:24 PM
Sounds like he had 90% of a grilled cheese. Without the unhealthy butter, oil and burnt bread.

A little off topic, but if you got children, or just enjoy grilled cheese- stop using butter. I promise, just lightly spread mayonaise on the bread as you would butter. Helps the cheese melt faster, doesn't taste as greasy and the bread toasts better and the sammich will taste better overall.

People talk about superfoods, but mayo is a super condiment. That stuff is the kitchen's version of duct tape.

koriwhat
10-14-2019, 02:25 PM
Koriwhat also had to walk uphill in the snow to school both ways

Nope but I bet you gave handies in the boys bathroom you sick fuck!

Kim Jong-il
10-14-2019, 02:57 PM
yet another unsolicited gay sex fantasy created by koriwhat :lol

koriwhat
10-14-2019, 03:09 PM
yet another unsolicited gay sex fantasy created by koriwhat :lol

Yet another weak male hiding behind an alt. Btw I bet you get no pussy whatsoever while trying to claim I don't and pushing a stupid gay narrative about me.

You weak motherfucker! :tu

Kim Jong-il
10-14-2019, 03:14 PM
Yet another weak male hiding behind an alt. Btw I bet you get no pussy whatsoever while trying to claim I don't and pushing a stupid gay narrative about me.

You weak motherfucker! :tu
You’re the one fantasizing about a poster giving boys handjobs, not me!

SpursforSix
10-14-2019, 03:22 PM
A little off topic, but if you got children, or just enjoy grilled cheese- stop using butter. I promise, just lightly spread mayonaise on the bread as you would butter. Helps the cheese melt faster, doesn't taste as greasy and the bread toasts better and the sammich will taste better overall.

People talk about superfoods, but mayo is a super condiment. That stuff is the kitchen's version of duct tape.

My daughter makes a grilled cheese that way. But I HATE mayonnaise. Of course she swears you can't taste it. But I will not eat anything that's been tainted by mayo or miracle whip.

Blake
10-14-2019, 03:51 PM

Bleh, hate mayo. Butter's the best but I've also used Olive oil and it comes out pretty good.

Blake
10-14-2019, 03:51 PM

Two wolves.jpeg

Chucho
10-14-2019, 04:33 PM
My daughter makes a grilled cheese that way. But I HATE mayonnaise. Of course she swears you can't taste it. But I will not eat anything that's been tainted by mayo or miracle whip.

You really can't taste it. And I'm scarred for life from Miracle Whip. We never ate mayo in our house til like the mid 90s, it was always miracle whip. God damn, I hate that stuff.

DMC
10-14-2019, 04:40 PM
It's quite easy - if you qualify for free lunch, you get it. I am against higher paid classes of service or food in public schools. The pressure kids feel when they are poor is very real but those who don't qualify for free lunches, that's on their parents who don't pay. The state didn't take your kid to raise.

When you're raised poor the school lunch might be some of the only food you'll get. It needs to be a sure thing.

I never had a problem with our cafeteria food, there were preferred days and meh days.

SpursforSix
10-14-2019, 04:45 PM
You really can't taste it. And I'm scarred for life from Miracle Whip. We never ate mayo in our house til like the mid 90s, it was always miracle whip. God damn, I hate that stuff.

I don't believe you. Even if it's all in my head, I'll be able to discern some small tinge of mayo and then I'll start vomiting.

DMC
10-14-2019, 04:57 PM
I don't believe you. Even if it's all in my head, I'll be able to discern some small tinge of mayo and then I'll start vomiting.

I'll drink pineapple juice.. don't worry.

phxspurfan
10-14-2019, 05:08 PM

This needs its own thread. I'm not a mayo fan, but wow me with your takes, sir.

phxspurfan
10-14-2019, 05:54 PM
Ah, this is cool. Good job, Florida Man.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/14/us/man-pays-off-school-debt-trnd/index.html

DMC
10-14-2019, 05:56 PM
Ah, this is cool. Good job, Florida Man.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/14/us/man-pays-off-school-debt-trnd/index.html

over/under for the next story with him in it is he's scamming the gofundme.

CosmicCowboy
10-15-2019, 07:06 AM

Mayo is awesome. I use it sometimes when grilling trout from the coast. Take mayo, add lemon juice, a little olive or sesame oil, cholula, and a coarse steak seasoning like Montreal or Uncle Chris's. Rub all over the fillets and grill. Cooks out to a beautiful golden seasoned fillet.

Chucho
10-15-2019, 10:38 AM
Mayo is awesome. I use it sometimes when grilling trout from the coast. Take mayo, add lemon juice, a little olive or sesame oil, cholula, and a coarse steak seasoning like Montreal or Uncle Chris's. Rub all over the fillets and grill. Cooks out to a beautiful golden seasoned fillet.

Yup, used it to make some of the best baked salmon I've ever had. It's great for anything you want to replace an egg wash with as well, great binder.

Speaking of trout...oh man, trout season just hit up here in the Foothills of Cali...went last week to Rainbow Pools...if I wasn't CnRing, I'd have limited out in 30 mins. Largest was a 4lber. Delish fish, fun to fish to an extent.

CosmicCowboy
10-15-2019, 12:33 PM
Dang. 4 lb rainbow is a hog.