PDA

View Full Version : The Spy - Borat, Netflix / Escape from Danemora Sho, Hulu

SpursforSix
10-16-2019, 09:45 AM
The Spy - I've got one more episode left (out of 7). Sacha Baron Coehn plays a Mosaad agent infiltrating Syria in the 60s. Based on true story.
It's actually pretty good. If you're looking for something quick to watch.
7/10

Escape from Danemora - dramatization of the Danemora escape where the two convicts were having sex with a prison worker.
Great acting but this is incredibly slow. I mean INCREDIBLY.
6/10

10-16-2019, 11:35 AM
Really liked Escape at Danemora. I dont mind slow shows when they keep building up the tension which was certaily the case here imho. If I had to pick on something it would be the ending, didn't think the payoff was as good as the show led me to expect tbh. But then again it was based on a real story so I rather they do this than just make up a bullshit ending, so can't really complain

SpursforSix
10-16-2019, 02:45 PM
Really liked Escape at Danemora. I dont mind slow shows when they keep building up the tension which was certaily the case here imho. If I had to pick on something it would be the ending, didn't think the payoff was as good as the show led me to expect tbh. But then again it was based on a real story so I rather they do this than just make up a bullshit ending, so can't really complain

Somehow, I had the actual story in my head wrong. I thought they had killed some people while/after they escaped. So the whole time, I was waiting on that. But yeah on the ending. It was over pretty quick.
I also wonder how reliable Sweat's version of the story is. Which I assume they based much of it on.

Pretty amazing escape though.

Blake
10-16-2019, 03:10 PM
The Spy - I've got one more episode left (out of 7). Sacha Baron Coehn plays a Mosaad agent infiltrating Syria in the 60s. Based on true story.
It's actually pretty good. If you're looking for something quick to watch.
7/10

Escape from Danemora - dramatization of the Danemora escape where the two convicts were having sex with a prison worker.
Great acting but this is incredibly slow. I mean INCREDIBLY.
6/10

Concur. The best part was the street training. Other than that, molasses.

AaronY
10-16-2019, 04:49 PM

spurraider21
01-02-2020, 05:56 PM
binged through The Spy yesterday... it was quite good tbh. would recommend

Isitjustme?
01-05-2020, 11:25 AM
binged through The Spy yesterday... it was quite good tbh. would recommend

What is that?

leemajors
01-15-2020, 07:52 PM
The Spy was fantastic