PDA

View Full Version : I could see Dejounte becoming better than Nephew...come at me

Dejounte
10-18-2019, 08:41 AM
-No sign of a chronic injury
-He is quicker
-a better leader
-good size for his position
-if he improves his jumpshot even more and learns the post up game
-doesnt back down from elite players

The sky is the limit for young DJ...

MultiTroll
10-18-2019, 08:42 AM
:lol

3/10 for the effort. I LOL'd.

tmtcsc
10-18-2019, 08:50 AM
-He is quicker
-a better leader

https://media.giphy.com/media/1Y9moLVqV7J25zhJpB/giphy.gif

Fireball
10-18-2019, 08:55 AM
I do not think so but this thread has "bump" potential

dbestpro
10-18-2019, 09:09 AM
I think it could happen once he develops the chemistry with White and both are on the floor at the same time.

r0drig0lac
10-18-2019, 09:12 AM
nah..

Genovaswitness
10-18-2019, 09:19 AM
if he ends up being a top 10 all timer like kawhi I won’t complain. Can’t wait for his signature shoe

RC_Drunkford
10-18-2019, 09:34 AM
not better than nephew, but for sure better than Westbrook. To me DJ can be what people wanted Westbrook to be

ZeusWillJudge
10-18-2019, 09:36 AM
-He is quicker
-a better leader

***sigh***

I can see you being better than KillBillPana at, you know, the things you do.

Dejounte
10-18-2019, 09:47 AM
***sigh***

I can see you being better than KillBillPana at, you know, the things you do.

Im not even trolling. This is my first bold statement. I firmly believe DJ has got what it takes.

acoelho1
10-18-2019, 09:47 AM
He wants to be great and has the work ethic and tools to be great. He’s also in the best organization for developing players and if you add in his mental toughness, I think the potential is there to be as good and a top 5 player.

Also, just remember, I think 95% of the people on this forum didn’t think Kawhi would become a great player and it’s the same scenario with Murray. He’s going to have a big year and watch the bandwagon fans on this forum say they knew it all along.

Dejounte
10-18-2019, 10:04 AM
Whispers of "best 2 way player in the league" will be said by the end of the season

ZeusWillJudge
10-18-2019, 11:46 AM
Im not even trolling. This is my first bold statement. I firmly believe DJ has got what it takes.

So you're trying to be serious? Okay, I'll try to give you a serious response.

I like Murray. I think he's got potential to be recognized as one of the good two way players in the league. But making a thread saying that he's going to be better than Kawhi is a little premature.

No chronic injuries - but he's missed a full season. If he gets re-injured (I hope not), that one is out the window.
Better leader - he's not an autist, but he hasn't led shit yet. He says he wants to, and that's a good start. But that's all so far.
Size - Kawhi's size is one of the things that makes him so good. He's a SF that can guard damn near any position. Murray has good size...for a guard.
And saying that he'll be better than Kawhi IF he gets better at things Kawhi already does?

If DJ makes the All Defense Team again this season, and has added a reasonable 3P% to his game, he will be a stunning success for the Spurs. I'd be happy with that. If your prediction comes true, I'll make sure and bump this thread for you.

Dejounte
10-18-2019, 12:41 PM
So you're trying to be serious? Okay, I'll try to give you a serious response.

I like Murray. I think he's got potential to be recognized as one of the good two way players in the league. But making a thread saying that he's going to be better than Kawhi is a little premature.

No chronic injuries - but he's missed a full season. If he gets re-injured (I hope not), that one is out the window.
Better leader - he's not an autist, but he hasn't led shit yet. He says he wants to, and that's a good start. But that's all so far.
Size - Kawhi's size is one of the things that makes him so good. He's a SF that can guard damn near any position. Murray has good size...for a guard.
And saying that he'll be better than Kawhi IF he gets better at things Kawhi already does?

If DJ makes the All Defense Team again this season, and has added a reasonable 3P% to his game, he will be a stunning success for the Spurs. I'd be happy with that. If your prediction comes true, I'll make sure and bump this thread for you.

Of course its premature. I acknowledge that. Im purposely announcing what my basketball eye is telling me what I see when I see DJ's play and his future. I made this same bold statement during Kawhis rookie year. I was a huge follower of his from the beginning Im making the same claim for DJ.

Rummpd
10-18-2019, 12:51 PM
B.S. the OPs entire premise

dabom6
10-18-2019, 10:09 PM
OP wit da goods per par. Keep it up brah. We need good posters like you around. :tu

BillMc
10-18-2019, 10:18 PM
Better in the sense that he probably won't fake an injury, steal 19 million, hide from the team and force his way out of town.

On the court, though, it is unlikely. And I'm a big DJ fan. Would love to be wrong.

Dejounte
10-18-2019, 10:21 PM
Even after tonight, I still believe it. Players have bad nights. The skill and demeanor is there. He will show flashes of stardom this season. Him and White are a 2 headed monster. Not many teams can provide that kind of firepower for 48 minutes.

Yogatti
10-18-2019, 10:58 PM
Ja Morant >>> Dejounte Murray

alpha_HaZE
10-18-2019, 11:27 PM
If he is as good as year one of nephew, we will have a good season :)

hombre
10-19-2019, 12:17 AM
I'm in.

He's definitely got the motor.

monty4329
10-19-2019, 01:50 AM
You need a good ophthalmologist

John B
10-19-2019, 02:27 AM
I see Lonnie more like a Kawhish. The guy could hands down penetrate at will with his strong body and speed. And with better shooting than Kawhi did at that age, he could even be better. His defense is also starting to come around. I’m starting to think Lonnie has more star potential than either Murray/White.

duncan2k5
10-19-2019, 06:06 AM
Murray is my favorite player... But come on now... Kawhi is an all time great, and will arguably be top 15 when his career is done

TimDunkem
10-19-2019, 08:45 AM
Kawhi might be a top player of all time. DJ might not ever average even 15 pts and 7 assists for his career.

Dejounte
10-19-2019, 08:54 AM
Im not even sure if yall have seen Kawhi lately. Dude looks like he cant jump higher than 2 feet. Dude is on a downward spiral physically.

widowmaker
10-19-2019, 09:24 AM
if he ends up being a top 10 all timer like kawhi I won’t complain. Can’t wait for his signature shoe

Nba all time 10 or spurs all time 10 or clippers all time 10?

B1gduff
10-19-2019, 10:19 AM
I think he could become a top 25 player, one of the best PG and the Best 2 way player in the league. Coming into the league, i saw alot of Tony in him, with a bit of Westbrook.

Genovaswitness
10-19-2019, 12:29 PM
Nba all time 10 or spurs all time 10 or clippers all time 10?

all three my man

widowmaker
10-19-2019, 12:46 PM
all three my man

Check in the hospital and get a full mental health evaluation done.