PDA

View Full Version : Midsommer - Mehsommer? movie review

SpursforSix
10-18-2019, 09:45 AM
I should know better than to keep believing the hype behind these kind of movies.

It was decent. Well made but pretty predictable and derivative of several other movies.

6.5/10

Trill Clinton
10-18-2019, 12:08 PM
That's about the same rating I gave it.

AussieFanKurt
10-19-2019, 12:15 AM
I should know better than to keep believing the hype behind these kind of movies.

It was decent. Well made but pretty predictable and derivative of several other movies.

6.5/10

I mean most films are predictable and derivative of other films. I think it was unique in a lot of ways. And clearly not worried about appealing to people with the absurd shit in it. Is there that much hype to it in the US? It got good reviews here but wouldn't say there was hype

SpursforSix
10-19-2019, 03:35 AM
I mean most films are predictable and derivative of other films. I think it was unique in a lot of ways. And clearly not worried about appealing to people with the absurd shit in it. Is there that much hype to it in the US? It got good reviews here but wouldn't say there was hype

I mean not the hype of an Avengers show but much more than most indy movies. Maybe “buzz” would be a better word.
Of the few news sources I check out, it got a decent mention in all of them.

I liked it weirdness of it but from pretty early on, I knew how it was going to end generally. Maybe because it was always being compared to Wicker Man in the reviews.

If you like this kind of movie, Apostle on Netflix is pretty good.

cd021
10-19-2019, 05:16 PM
I mean not the hype of an Avengers show but much more than most indy movies. Maybe “buzz” would be a better word.
Of the few news sources I check out, it got a decent mention in all of them.

I liked it weirdness of it but from pretty early on, I knew how it was going to end generally. Maybe because it was always being compared to Wicker Man in the reviews.

If you like this kind of movie, Apostle on Netflix is pretty good.

Agreed, though a lot of people now probably haven't seen the original Wicker Man because its so dated and the remake is laughably bad.

I found the core group interesting enough and the main chick (who, speaking of the Avengers, is going to be the new black widow in the MCU) was really good. Liked the ending though its also weird.

3.5/5

Reck
10-19-2019, 05:17 PM
These kind of suspect movies I reserve for the found flicks guy on youtube who breaks down these shitty horror movies in 10 minutes.

chunticakes
10-20-2019, 08:57 PM
I liked it. Had a lot of hidden stuff much like Hereditary.

3.5/5.

DJR210
10-21-2019, 02:40 PM
In other news there is a good Korean subtitle copy of IT: Chapter II available

AussieFanKurt
10-21-2019, 06:55 PM
In other news there is a good Korean subtitle copy of IT: Chapter II available

Bad news is the movie fucking sucks

SpursforSix
10-21-2019, 07:05 PM

I don’t know you can say that until you’ve seen the Korean subtitled version.

AussieFanKurt
10-21-2019, 07:19 PM
I don’t know you can say that until you’ve seen the Korean subtitled version.

:lol fair

DJR210
10-21-2019, 08:11 PM

You're seriously in the minority on that one boss.. I don't know what the fuck you were expecting from a movie about a 3 lighted force from another galaxy who takes the form of a clown and spider :lol but I haven't heard anybody who is a fan of the 1990 series say they didn't like these movie adaptations. The second one is much better than the first at that.

AussieFanKurt
10-21-2019, 09:55 PM
You're seriously in the minority on that one boss.. I don't know what the fuck you were expecting from a movie about a 3 lighted force from another galaxy who takes the form of a clown and spider :lol but I haven't heard anybody who is a fan of the 1990 series say they didn't like these movie adaptations. The second one is much better than the first at that.

The first is far better than the second. I have not heard anyone say they liked the second? :lol I honestly have no idea how anyone can enjoy an almost 3 hour horror film that contained no scares or tension but had annoying comedic relief at the worst times. Not the recipe for even an average horror