PDA

View Full Version : Kevin O'Connor: The Ringer: NBA Power Rankings, Day 2: The Good Teams That Might Not Be Good Enough

Drom John
10-18-2019, 01:11 PM
NBA Power Rankings, Day 2: The Good Teams That Might Not Be Good Enough (https://www.theringer.com/nba-preview/2019/10/18/20919923/nba-season-tiers-power-rankings-zion-williamson-luka-doncic)

Fireball
10-18-2019, 03:16 PM
Interesting. Thx for sharing

CGD
10-19-2019, 02:25 PM
I’m in the “cash out” camp

phxspurfan
10-19-2019, 02:30 PM
An article without BSPN spin. Nice. Some pros and cons to the current situation, instead of "boring ol' Spurs" BSPN content

SpaceCoast Spursfan
10-19-2019, 05:40 PM
I think the Spurs let things play out up to the trade deadline. I personally wouldn't mind things going south quickly, thus allowing the Spurs to move the vets to go play on playoff contender, taking back expirings, picks, maybe a younger role player or 2. I think we have a chance to speed up our rebuild/reload by fully embracing the youth movement, open up some cap space, and acquiring some additional picks.

There is always the chance they find the right groupings, DDR/DJ/White shoot well from perimeter, and Spurs are real contenders again, becoming buyers at the deadline. A small chance, but a chance nonetheless.

Most likely scenario is the Spurs find themselves 5-9 seed around the trade deadline and stay pat continuing to prolong the good but not contenders status.

ZeusWillJudge
10-19-2019, 07:07 PM
That's actually a pretty reasonable article. Maybe not earth-shattering news, but that's a lot better than the ones that say stupid stuff just to get clicks.

In theory, the Spurs should have been better this year than last year's 48 win campaign. It's hard to see them as contenders, and that makes it hard to believe that they have enough years left in their stars to improve to that point.

sananspursfan21
10-19-2019, 09:57 PM
Good read. Very neutral approach but acknowledges the young talent. For the right price, cash in on Demar. I’m a proponent, but the Spurs are fairly deep on the perimeter. Maybe DeRozan could net some depth in the forward position or get an upgrade at Center to compliment Poeltl?

wildbill2u
10-21-2019, 03:04 PM
Wonder what LMA thinks of staying with the Spurs.? Do we offer an extension to find out? If he intends to leave, then DDR becomes expendable with a trade... because if LMA leaves we need to go young and Medium-small showing the league a new experimental lineup look and see what happens. :downspin: