PDA

View Full Version : Do you really think any of the 2020 Democrats can beat Trump?

Spurs Champs99
10-19-2019, 02:33 PM
An unpopular president hovering around 37 percent approval ratings and the Democratic Party is in a civil war.

Can any of them beat Trump?

Spurtacular
10-19-2019, 02:34 PM
I don't buy into the fake polls. But your 37 percent is even faker than their numbers. :lol

FuzzyLumpkins
10-19-2019, 02:43 PM
Given that he barely beat an awful candidate last time and looks much, much worse than he did 3 years ago of course they can.

DMC
10-19-2019, 02:49 PM
Given that he barely beat an awful candidate last time and looks much, much worse than he did 3 years ago of course they can.

We know how your prognostications pan out. :lol

Also.. all this fuckin' hindsight up in here..

https://i2.cdn.turner.com/money/dam/assets/161101095254-clinton-win-map-new-780x439.jpg

Yeah

FuzzyLumpkins
10-19-2019, 03:12 PM

https://i2.cdn.turner.com/money/dam/assets/161101095254-clinton-win-map-new-780x439.jpg

Yeah

What does this have to do with anything. I adjusted my view the week of the election. I was arguing with Manny that the election was within the margin of error and he didn't want any of it.

I get that you put stock in never changing your mind given new evidence -the cognitive dissonance is strong in you- but that is about all you have.

Michigan Pennsylvania Wisconsin New Hampshire and Florida were won by ~one point. The popular vote was ~2 points in favor of the Democrats. If you want to grandstand on winner take all results have fun with that.

Throw in Hillary as an awful candidate running an inept campaign plus Trump/Bannon's ability to steer the mainstream media narrative with Uranium 1, the Clinton Foundation, Benghazi, and emails and you get what you got. Trump's team and the GOP played a masterful 2 year campaign.

Your problem is Bannon is not there and the Hunter Biden angle is not getting the same play as Clinton Cash did. There is no analogous investigation of a democratic candidate and all of Trump's attempts to try and manufacture one using his office are only creating cause for congressional investigations into him which is what the media narrative is now and for the foreseeable future.

Last election Hillary thought sliming Trump would work. The Dems this year aren't doing that. if you pay attention to the debates its all about student debt, education, health care, the judiciary, tax and trade policy, and foreign policy. They are actually stumping on these issues while Trump and his administration hang themselves.

Throw in historically bad approval ratings despite a growing economy and low unemployment and Trump is on historically tenuous ground. If the economy tanks you are going to see a wrecking like Reagan v Mondale or Nixon v McGovern.

Spurtacular
10-19-2019, 03:19 PM

Yeah

:lmao Chumpettes conveniently don't remember all the gaslighting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zerWCVpXTr8

ducks
10-19-2019, 04:06 PM

He had more then 1.5 million votes if you minus California

FuzzyLumpkins
10-19-2019, 04:17 PM

that's not how adjusting for outliers works. that's called unsubstantiated bias which is what you are all about.

hater
10-19-2019, 04:19 PM
Only tulsi maybe Bernie but he's old

ducks
10-19-2019, 04:25 PM
that's not how adjusting for outliers works. that's called unsubstantiated bias which is what you are all about.

How many In cal that voted are legal USA citizens ?

koriwhat
10-19-2019, 04:45 PM

for real though!

Will Hunting
10-19-2019, 04:48 PM
:lmao “If you ignore the 20% of the country that voted overwhelmingly liberal the conservative would win in a landslide!”

Spurminator
10-19-2019, 04:53 PM
Guess ducks better hope the GOP's "Don't Count California" bill passes.

FuzzyLumpkins
10-19-2019, 05:01 PM

Ahh yes the conspiratard in person voter fraud take. Nice. At least you have Joey and his macho calf tats to back you up.

pgardn
10-19-2019, 05:09 PM
Yes.

Any of them.

Especially if the public actually understands that Trump asked a foreign leader to influence the upcoming our election process. 8 times. Add to that his people basically have said it was with a quid pro quo to boot, before backing off. More to come with his personal lawyer making foreign policy abroad. Who else pops up in this mess... too much gang style crap.

Add that he is a narcissistic, lying, megalomaniac... The red team should pull the rug out now imo. Unless we really do have a new normal in which we abandon democratic principles and want a king to run the country. That maybe a thing now. Democracies clearly are not as efficient at decision making as a totalitarian regime.

DMC
10-19-2019, 05:17 PM

What does this have to do with anything. I adjusted my view the week of the election. I was arguing with Manny that the election was within the margin of error and he didn't want any of it.

I get that you put stock in never changing your mind given new evidence -the cognitive dissonance is strong in you- but that is about all you have.

Michigan Pennsylvania Wisconsin New Hampshire and Florida were won by ~one point. The popular vote was ~2 points in favor of the Democrats. If you want to grandstand on winner take all results have fun with that.

Throw in Hillary as an awful candidate running an inept campaign plus Trump/Bannon's ability to steer the mainstream media narrative with Uranium 1, the Clinton Foundation, Benghazi, and emails and you get what you got. Trump's team and the GOP played a masterful 2 year campaign.

Your problem is Bannon is not there and the Hunter Biden angle is not getting the same play as Clinton Cash did. There is no analogous investigation of a democratic candidate and all of Trump's attempts to try and manufacture one using his office are only creating cause for congressional investigations into him which is what the media narrative is now and for the foreseeable future.

Last election Hillary thought sliming Trump would work. The Dems this year aren't doing that. if you pay attention to the debates its all about student debt, education, health care, the judiciary, tax and trade policy, and foreign policy. They are actually stumping on these issues while Trump and his administration hang themselves.

Throw in historically bad approval ratings despite a growing economy and low unemployment and Trump is on historically tenuous ground. If the economy tanks you are going to see a wrecking like Reagan v Mondale or Nixon v McGovern.

And then there is the real world where Clinton, a seasoned attorney and politician, articulates policy positions extremely well whereas Trump tries to insult which hurts him in the contested electors in the general.

The shit that sells in the primary doesn't sell now. Youre like him and just cannot help yourself.:lmao

TheGreatYacht
10-19-2019, 06:04 PM
Yes. Bernie Sanders or Tulsi Tulsi Gabbard. The biggest challenge is winning the primaries.

FuzzyLumpkins
10-19-2019, 06:12 PM
:lmao

you quote something from July '16 and think you are making a point? You're trying real hard and failing.

Comey's press release in late October correlated with a 5 point swing in the polls. It is what it is.

pgardn
10-19-2019, 07:58 PM
you quote something from July '16 and think you are making a point? You're trying real hard and failing.

Comey's press release in late October correlated with a 5 point swing in the polls. It is what it is.

DMC has become one of the most disingenuous posters on the board. He plays to the board, but personally he knows the score.
When he starts criticism concerning double posts, edits, digs up old shit that is not relevant to the argument, or claims he has no idea, he does. As long as the board can’t follow it, he’s good. But personally he knows the shit he pulls and that he has fdup. That OCD master editor bs comes back home to lay an egg on his head, as well as, the specious arguments.

Spurtacular
10-19-2019, 07:59 PM

That's called illegals stuffing the ballot box. It's why Democrats fight so hard for them in every aspect.

DMC
10-19-2019, 08:59 PM

I don't care about the polls. You gave Hillary's qualifcations vs Donald's. Did that change because of the polls? Because you just said she was an awful candidate. Why wasn't she an awful candidate in July of 2016?

FuzzyLumpkins
10-19-2019, 09:24 PM
I don't care about the polls. You gave Hillary's qualifcations vs Donald's. Did that change because of the polls? Because you just said she was an awful candidate. Why wasn't she an awful candidate in July of 2016?

Are the two things mutually exclusive?

I do like how you keep trying to move the goalposts. Trying so hard to show me how I was wrong three years ago when I shoved your nose in shit here recently. Adorable.

FuzzyLumpkins
10-19-2019, 09:25 PM
DMC has become one of the most disingenuous posters on the board. He plays to the board, but personally he knows the score.
When he starts criticism concerning double posts, edits, digs up old shit that is not relevant to the argument, or claims he has no idea, he does. As long as the board can’t follow it, he’s good. But personally he knows the shit he pulls and that he has fdup. That OCD master editor bs comes back home to lay an egg on his head, as well as, the specious arguments.

Yeah he's just mad when I pointed out the differences between this coming election and the 2016 election. He's trying his hardest to deflect.

DMC
10-19-2019, 09:26 PM
Yeah he's just mad when I pointed out the differences between this coming election and the 2016 election. He's trying his hardest to deflect.

You were pointing out all the facts no mortal could see in 2016 as well, and that went over swell. Now you're back and asking for credit. Nuh uh.

DMC
10-19-2019, 09:27 PM

rent free

FuzzyLumpkins
10-19-2019, 09:35 PM
rent free

Dim, he is posting in response to reading something you wrote. That is not rent free. Rent free is if he is talking to someone else without your present.

FuzzyLumpkins
10-19-2019, 09:36 PM
You were pointing out all the facts no mortal could see in 2016 as well, and that went over swell. Now you're back and asking for credit. Nuh uh.

Mostly I was rubbing you right wingers faces in the polling and multitude of articles written. When that changed, I changed with it.

Even if I was wrong that doesn't make everything I ever say wrong. As I have stated before if you think you have an argument you will make it. That you are not but resorting to these deflections shows the real score.

FuzzyLumpkins
10-19-2019, 09:43 PM

Here is the exchange he is trying so hard to deflect from. The OP is actually in response to something you wrote.

Once the Dems narrow to one person, the right will attack the fuck out of them. Trump's "record jobs" and "Stock Market 10K points" and "ended wars in blah blah blah" will be touted. People will hear that. They'll hear Warren say stupid shit about beliefs and half a dozen other things she's said. Or they'll hear Biden's gaffes, his son will continue to be dragged into the spotlight, his touchy feely #metoo practice sessions will be made into a looping ad.

Likewise the left will play shit about Trump being investigated. They'll say he's corrupt show footage of him and other leaders to make the point he's not on the side of America, and they'll show lists of all those under him who are now in jail or have been ousted or quit.

The sum could very well be "is your family better today than it was 4 years ago?" If you're Christian, do you want to sign onto late term abortions? Do you want your guns taken from you? Do you want to pay more in taxes so the immigrants being given amnesty get to live for free?

These are how it will likely pan out, but then, unlike you, I don't know.

They've been touting the economy for his entire presidency. His approval rating hasn't budged from the 41%+/-3 that it has been the whole time. That is why he is so vulnerable: he's historically unpopular despite a growing economy. If the economy shrinks in the next year, he's completely fucked. As it is he still has a poor shot.

The issue last year wasn't Fox News, Breitbart, and the National Review running Uranium 1, emails, and the like nonstop. It was that the NYT, CNN, and the rest of the MSM types running it nonstop too.

The old Bannon think-tank which first floated the whole Hunter-Biden corruption angle just doesn't have the legs. MSM is reporting that Biden pressured the investigator to be removed because it was part of what the Ukraine needed to do to meet NATO entrance requirements as opposed to detailing the uranium 1 deal pretty much straight out of Schweizer's book. There is no ongoing FBI investigation on any candidate except Trump.

As for your "the sum could be," it reads like conservative talking points: ABORTIONISTHEDEBIL!MUHGUNS!BROWNPEOPLE!. that is just how you would like it it pan out.

He's been on a 2016 rampage ever since.

ElNono
10-19-2019, 09:49 PM
That's called illegals stuffing the ballot box. It's why Democrats fight so hard for them in every aspect.

:lol yeah, that's why Conservatives are unpopular... must be massive voter fraud that can't be proven, even when Conservatives control the whole government! Talk about denial.

Spurtacular
10-19-2019, 10:04 PM
:lol yeah, that's why Conservatives are unpopular... must be massive voter fraud that can't be proven, even when Conservatives control the whole government! Talk about denial.

:lol

ElNono
10-19-2019, 10:12 PM
What's so funny? We've been asking for evidence of that stuff from conspiratards here for years. Nothing.

Heck, Dear Leader himself created a commission to investigate this alleged massive voter fraud, and zip, nada.

Is this some sort of double-conspiracy? Tell me what you're thinking.

ducks
10-20-2019, 12:15 AM

DMC
10-20-2019, 11:27 AM
Here is the exchange he is trying so hard to deflect from. The OP is actually in response to something you wrote.

He's been on a 2016 rampage ever since.

:lol of course the sum would be red talking points, it's Donald's sum.

:lol Fuzzy thought he had something.

DMC
10-20-2019, 11:28 AM
Dim, he is posting in response to reading something you wrote. That is not rent free. Rent free is if he is talking to someone else without your present.

He was talking to you, idiot.

DMC
10-20-2019, 11:49 AM
Mostly I was rubbing you right wingers faces in the polling and multitude of articles written. When that changed, I changed with it.

Even if I was wrong that doesn't make everything I ever say wrong. As I have stated before if you think you have an argument you will make it. That you are not but resorting to these deflections shows the real score.

Then why do you prognosticate if you're going to change your mind as the event unfolds?

You were wrong. It doesn't make everything you say wrong, but the fact that you're so smug about being wrong, and your incredible level of hubris, it renders your opinion unworthy of further consideration.

FuzzyLumpkins
10-20-2019, 01:06 PM
He was talking to you, idiot.

In response to something you wrote, dim. You were in the thread. This shouldn't be hard.

FuzzyLumpkins
10-20-2019, 01:06 PM
Then why do you prognosticate if you're going to change your mind as the event unfolds?

You were wrong. It doesn't make everything you say wrong, but the fact that you're so smug about being wrong, and your incredible level of hubris, it renders your opinion unworthy of further consideration.

#IRONY

koriwhat
10-20-2019, 02:38 PM

fuzzy is nothing more than a faux intellectual blowhard faggot and he knows it. :tu

FuzzyLumpkins
10-21-2019, 01:41 PM
fuzzy is nothing more than a faux intellectual blowhard faggot and he knows it. :tu

you wouldn't know an intellectual if they smacked you in the face with their Fields Medal.

BD24
10-21-2019, 01:56 PM
I will be pleasantly surprised if someone does.

My current answer though. No, I don’t. I hope I am proven wrong tbh

DMC
10-21-2019, 02:04 PM
#IRONY

I doubt anyone here takes themselves nearly as seriously as you take yourself. You no doubt have some lingering issues in regard to not being up to snuff in your household as a child.

FuzzyLumpkins
10-21-2019, 02:50 PM
I doubt anyone here takes themselves nearly as seriously as you take yourself. You no doubt have some lingering issues in regard to not being up to snuff in your household as a child.

you're trying way too hard with the psychobabble, fattie.

DMC
10-21-2019, 02:54 PM
you're trying way too hard with the psychobabble, fattie.

It's actually quite easy given your history here.

FuzzyLumpkins
10-21-2019, 03:03 PM
I will be pleasantly surprised if someone does.

My current answer though. No, I don’t. I hope I am proven wrong tbh

Why do you think that?

FuzzyLumpkins
10-21-2019, 03:06 PM
Currently, polling aggregates have Trump losing to generic and specific democrats everywhere except NC and even there it is extremely close.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/polls/president-general/

FuzzyLumpkins
10-21-2019, 03:08 PM
It's actually quite easy given your history here.

Says the guy babysitting the forum daily for years. Add in your not speaking about the subject here and making nothing but personal attacks and your actions belie this narrative pretty obviously.

DMC
10-21-2019, 03:10 PM
Says the guy babysitting the forum daily for years. Add in your not speaking about the subject here and making nothing but personal attacks and your actions belie this narrative pretty obviously.
You didn't need much time to prove yourself a douche bag though.

FuzzyLumpkins
10-21-2019, 03:12 PM
You didn't need much time to prove yourself a douche bag though.

Your charisma is so readily apparent. . . . :rolleyes

florige
10-21-2019, 03:22 PM
I think Bernie is the only sure fire candidate who can beat him because of his loyal followers. I even think he could beat Trump without the impeachment fiasco.

DMC
10-21-2019, 03:32 PM
Your charisma is so readily apparent. . . . :rolleyes

Can you go into more detail about the highlighted part?

koriwhat
10-21-2019, 04:27 PM
you wouldn't know an intellectual if they smacked you in the face with their Fields Medal.

funny how you think so little of me but when i take a jab at you you're quick to limp-wrist jab me back. you are a pathetic loser holmes and it was on full display yesterday you faux intellectual faggot. :tu

koriwhat
10-21-2019, 04:30 PM

sitting in his parents garage smoking his reds just isn't the life he dreamed of.

BD24
10-22-2019, 08:11 AM
Why do you think that?
I think as long as the dems don’t have a strong candidate and the economy remains in a good spot Trump will be very difficult to beat.

Hope I am wrong

ducks
10-22-2019, 09:19 AM
NY Times: Hillary, Bloomberg, Kerry Look for Opening to Run in 2020

boutons_deux
10-22-2019, 09:50 AM
"the economy remains in a good spot"

not in a good spot except for those above middle class, which is being forced to shrink into near poverty and financial precarity

FuzzyLumpkins
10-22-2019, 10:50 AM
I think as long as the dems don’t have a strong candidate and the economy remains in a good spot Trump will be very difficult to beat.

Hope I am wrong

While that is traditionally true, good economies typically correlate with high approval ratings. That has been the case for the past 50 years at least.

What makes Trump interesting is that the economy is good and he still has historically bad approval ratings. He is more unpopular than the ones that saw deep recessions.

boutons_deux
10-22-2019, 11:12 AM
While that is traditionally true, good economies typically correlate with high approval ratings. That has been the case for the past 50 years at least.

What makes Trump interesting is that the economy is good and he still has historically bad approval ratings. He is more unpopular than the ones that saw deep recessions.

at 1000 days, I read that Trash's approval/disapproval ratings are at about the middle of the pack of past Presidents.

FuzzyLumpkins
10-22-2019, 12:52 PM
at 1000 days, I read that Trash's approval/disapproval ratings are at about the middle of the pack of past Presidents.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/trump-approval-ratings/?ex_cid=rrpromo

spurraider21
10-22-2019, 06:55 PM
all of them

SnakeBoy
10-22-2019, 09:02 PM
Can any of them beat Trump?

It's up to Ukraine and Russia. All we can do is wait to see what POTUS they choose for us.

boutons_deux
10-22-2019, 09:49 PM
Independents swing heavily towards impeachment

Millennial_Messiah
10-22-2019, 10:42 PM
Biden - yes
Warren - no
Sanders - very unlikely
Buttigieg - no
Harris - no
Booker - very unlikely
Gabbard - maybe, but she won't get that far

SnakeBoy
10-23-2019, 12:11 AM
Gabbard - maybe, but she won't get that far

lol she would get destroyed easiest of all

boutons_deux
10-23-2019, 08:22 AM
https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/trump-approval-ratings/?ex_cid=rrpromo

no disputing the numbers,

but the comment I read compared Trash at 1000 days with other Presidents' numbers at 1000 days.

boutons_deux
10-23-2019, 08:37 AM
If the economy holds, then based on the sole factor of economy, predictions say Trash will win.

But the economy is slowing and expectations are for more slowing in 2020, and Trash is an ABnormal President (he plays one on twitter), not a normal, eg his impeachment, so that has to be figured in to Trash's chances for 2020.

I think Warren would destroy Trash, but Bernie is enjoying a "stent bounce" right now. I think Warren, age alone, is better than Bernie, and would certainly destroy Trash in debates.

boutons_deux
10-23-2019, 08:49 AM
The World Economy Is Stumbling Toward Disaster

If a new recession strikes, the Trump administration will get — and deserve — much of the blame.

The world’s finance ministers and central-bank governors gathered this past weekend in Washington and looked out at a global economy badly in need of treatment.

With the facts in plain sight and the need for policy changes all too apparent, they’ve shown little sense of urgency, and even less sign of action.

Prodded by an unhinged U.S. administration, the world could be stumbling into the next global recession.

The International Monetary Fund has lowered its growth forecasts (https://www.imf.org/en/Publications/WEO/Issues/2019/10/01/world-economic-outlook-october-2019) yet again.

Global output is projected to rise by just 3% this year (down from the 3.3% predicted in the spring) and by a still-sluggish 3.4% (down from 3.6%) in 2020.

Economic momentum is fading almost everywhere — the IMF calls it a “synchronized slowdown.”

The revised outlook is already the weakest since the crash 10 years ago,

and the risks in the forecast are very much, as economists say, to the downside.

the prospect of recession under current conditions is truly alarming.

The hesitant recovery of the past decade has depleted the conventional tools of macroeconomic policy.

In many countries — not least the U.S. — fiscal stimulus and persistent budget deficits have boosted ratios of public debt to national income. Next time, governments will be reluctant to lean as heavily on extra public borrowing to raise demand, rightly or wrongly fearing lack of fiscal space.

Monetary policy is all but exhausted too, with interest rates either close to their effective lower bound (as in the U.S.) or slammed down against it (as in the European Union).

Another legacy of that previous recession, and the extraordinary measures taken to contain it, is heightened financial fragility (https://www.imf.org/en/Publications/GFSR/Issues/2019/10/01/global-financial-stability-report-october-2019).

With abundant quantitative easing and super-low interest rates, financial conditions have been kept loose to support asset prices, press down on yields and strengthen demand.

Recklessly inflated house prices were a main cause of the crash; in many countries, they’ve soared again on the back of cheap credit.

Banks have added capital since 2009, but not enough to make them safe in another big downturn.

The notorious “doom loop” of risky sovereign debt and bank insolvency — recognized as a major risk after 2008 — remains substantially unaddressed in Italy and other countries.

https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/articles/2019-10-21/imf-growth-forecasts-world-economy-is-stumbling-toward-disaster (https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/articles/2019-10-21/imf-growth-forecasts-world-economy-is-stumbling-toward-disaster)

Millennial_Messiah
10-23-2019, 09:10 AM
If the economy holds, then based on the sole factor of economy, predictions say Trash will win.

But the economy is slowing and expectations are for more slowing in 2020, and Trash is an ABnormal President (he plays one on twitter), not a normal, eg his impeachment, so that has to be figured in to Trash's chances for 2020.

I think Warren would destroy Trash, but Bernie is enjoying a "stent bounce" right now. I think Warren, age alone, is better than Bernie, and would certainly destroy Trash in debates.
Warren doesn't have a snowball's chance in hell to beat Trump.

CosmicCowboy
10-24-2019, 08:35 AM
The democrat candidate clown bus is as shitty as I have ever seen but luckily for them, Trump will beat Trump.

boutons_deux
10-24-2019, 08:45 AM
The democrat candidate clown bus is as shitty as I have ever seen but luckily for them, Trump will beat Trump.

The Repug Klown Kar excreted your lovable "idiot" Trash

CosmicCowboy
10-24-2019, 08:49 AM
Sadly true. I guess he was a novelty then. Embarrassing.

SnakeBoy
10-24-2019, 10:20 AM

Should've said Klown Kar Kabal tbh