PDA

View Full Version : Reggie picks Detroit

Marklar MM
11-01-2005, 07:16 PM
LOL. Reggie picked Detroit over Indy to win the East. Even their homeboy says that Detroit will win.

jochhejaam
11-01-2005, 09:45 PM
LOL. Reggie picked Detroit over Indy to win the East. Even their homeboy says that Detroit will win.
That's a shocker, did Barkley chime in?

samikeyp
11-01-2005, 11:44 PM
Yes he did and said Detroit had a slight chance but Indy had no chance.

Obstructed_View
11-02-2005, 03:30 PM
Charles said that Indy has no go-to guy without Reggie there. The only flaw with the logic is that Detroit has been the best team in the East and they don't have a go-to guy.

jochhejaam
11-02-2005, 07:21 PM
Charles said that Indy has no go-to guy without Reggie there. The only flaw with the logic is that Detroit has been the best team in the East and they don't have a go-to guy.
Good point and I think it actually may help at the end of tight games in that the opponent has to play everyone a little more honest.

ALVAREZ6
11-02-2005, 07:23 PM
Well if he said Indy he would be lieing.

boutons
11-02-2005, 08:12 PM
"go-to guy"

Chauncey and Rip share that role quite well, esp Chauncey, and Bruce was on Chauncey for 4Q game7, Spurs win.

Reggie Miller
11-02-2005, 09:30 PM
You can't pick Indy for the following reasons:

1. They had leadership and chemistry issues with Reggie. I don't see how his departure helps this team any in that regard.

2. Although I think that the "no star keeps everyone honest" point has some real merit, this still assumes that you have 2-3 guys who can score consistently.

3. This brings up the next point; the Pacers are about a year behind of where they should be in terms of defining their roles. To me, this team has more in common with the Tampa Bay Lightning than the Pistons or Spurs.

Am I bitter? Yep.

I hope people understand that, although I am a Pacers fan, I am first and foremost a realist. I hope Indiana wins the Championship. They are not going to do so this year, and this forum is much better than any Pacers forum I have found. So, you're kind of stuck with me. My point: San Antonio is winning back to back. There is no question, except for the fantasy league crap.

duncan_21
11-02-2005, 10:22 PM
My biggest problem with the team is having your best, or second best player a psychotic lunatic. That can't be good for the team. It's one thing for rodman to be a lunatic, he was only there for rebounds.

Artest is there to do everything you want a superstar to do. They also have a question mark as to how healthy oneal will be. I still say they come out of the east this year.

With all that being said I picked up oneal as the 5th pick in the 2nd round and artest as the 7th pick in the 3rd round on my fantasy team.

theMUHMEshow
11-03-2005, 01:59 PM
I am a huge pistons fan...however I love the Pacers...

To be honest with the situation and to actually anaylize the past 3 years between these two teams is easy. Indy has been injured and Detroit has not. That is HOW they have gotten through.

Indy cannot beat Detroit without all their guys at full strength. Same goes for Miami.

1Parker1
11-03-2005, 02:03 PM
If Pacers couldn't win a championship WITH Reggie Miller, what makes people think they can WITHOUT him? Granted they have good role players, but they lost their GO-TO guy down the stretch as Barkley pointed out. Artest, JO, and Jackson while good players, are not exactly leaders or good go-to guys.

baseline bum
11-03-2005, 03:00 PM
Man, after seeing Hamilton in that offense last night I'd have a hard time picking against Detroit too in the East. They were 12:00 from the title and got better, at least on paper.