PDA

View Full Version : Spurs and DeRozan far apart on extension talks

Leetonidas
10-22-2019, 01:28 PM
https://news4sanantonio.com/sports/report-spurs-derozan-are-far-apart-regarding-contract-extension

Good news tbh

exstatic
10-22-2019, 01:37 PM
Because this could NEVER go into the already existing DD extension thread....

Leetonidas
10-22-2019, 01:38 PM

It wasn't posted and the fact they are not close is news worthy imo. Cry to a mod if it bothers you that much

BG_Spurs_Fan
10-22-2019, 01:39 PM
Spurs probably wanted an Aldridge-type extension, where he opts in and gets another couple of years at $27-30 mil, but he's absolutely right to test next year's market. Some stupid team like Knicks or Hornets will give him a max or near max contract and the Spurs should move on. Doubt they'd trade him unless the season is going terribly and they get a decent offer at the trade deadline.

Fireball
10-22-2019, 01:44 PM
given his mental weakness I have my doubts this will lead to good decisions by him on the court

acoelho1
10-22-2019, 01:45 PM
He's too flawed of a player to get a max contract. Maybe if he shows more commitment on the defensive end or improves his 3pt shooting volume and accuracy then maybe he might be worth it.

cd021
10-22-2019, 01:45 PM
Spurs probably wanted an Aldridge-type extension, where he opts in and gets another couple of years at $27-30 mil, but he's absolutely right to test next year's market. Some stupid team like Knicks or Hornets will give him a max or near max contract and the Spurs should move on. Doubt they'd trade him unless the season is going terribly and they get a decent offer at the trade deadline.

Knicks specifically used up cap space that could be used for this summer because the FAs are trash. Hornet's might be a option if they have the space.

Giving him the L A extension would actually be a good price for him, he'd make something like $27.6, $31.6 and $34.6. That's less than 25% of the cap each of the next 3 seasons but the fit issue makes it less than a no-brainer.

NASpurs
10-22-2019, 01:54 PM
I can't wait until the Spurs have moved on from this DeMar situation. It honestly makes me feel a little anxious and the thought about extending him to a max contract is ridiculous. Please trade him!

r0drig0lac
10-22-2019, 02:01 PM
great news

tmtcsc
10-22-2019, 02:04 PM
I'm not sure the Spurs should even sign him. This season will be a good test to see if he can adjust his game to the modern NBA. No more excuses or "A matter of choosing to take 3's".

RC_Drunkford
10-22-2019, 02:04 PM
don't forget the Raptors, they will have about 60 Million in cap space next offseason. They will offer him the max for sure

boutons_deux
10-22-2019, 02:13 PM

really

:clap

sasaint
10-22-2019, 02:21 PM
I can't wait until the Spurs have moved on from this DeMar situation. It honestly makes me feel a little anxious and the thought about extending him to a max contract is ridiculous. Please trade him!

Absolutely this!

RD2191
10-22-2019, 02:30 PM
Because this could NEVER go into the already existing DD extension thread....Do you always have to be a faggot?

Amuseddaysleeper
10-22-2019, 02:58 PM
This is legit the best news for the Spurs since they won it all in 2014.

I'm completely serious, DeBrick is a disaster.

cd021
10-22-2019, 03:05 PM
don't forget the Raptors, they will have about 60 Million in cap space next offseason. They will offer him the max for sure

Pretty sure that isn't true, they extended Lowry and Pascal for a combined $63 million for next season, dont see them tying up their books for a reunion for DeRozan- if they even can.

rjv
10-22-2019, 03:07 PM
if he wants that big an offer, he needs to show that he can hit the three (or, hell, even make some attempts) consistently and play defense. he's not worth any max until he can demonstrate this.

baseline bum
10-22-2019, 03:09 PM

Why would they want him back at max money after salary dumping him already?

Joseph Kony
10-22-2019, 03:13 PM
:tu lot of time to get it done obviously but the fact the he and the spurs are "far apart" (assuming derozan wants the max) tells me maybe the FO has learned from the last couple years. time will tell, but that murray contract was a steal so maybe they pulled their collective heads out of their asses

Mugen
10-22-2019, 03:17 PM
Getting rid of Derozan and not having to extend him was probably just as sweet as the championship for the Raptors, not sure why they would max him next summer just because a subset of retarded Toronto fans miss him...

It literally doesn't matter if they have no assets left to show for trading him away. They got a championship and don't have to fuck their cap space for the next 4-5 years and all it cost them was Jakob Poetl and a late 1st rounder....

The trade was a 360 dunk for Masai. If the Mute fuck would have re-signed then it would have been a 360 between the legs off the backboard dunk but they still absolutely crushed the trade :lol

exstatic
10-22-2019, 03:25 PM
Getting rid of Derozan and not having to extend him was probably just as sweet as the championship for the Raptors, not sure why they would max him next summer just because a subset of retarded Toronto fans miss him...

It literally doesn't matter if they have no assets left to show for trading him away. They got a championship and don't have to fuck their cap space for the next 4-5 years and all it cost them was Jakob Poetl and a late 1st rounder....

The trade was a 360 dunk for Masai. If the Mute fuck would have re-signed then it would have been a 360 between the legs off the backboard dunk but they still absolutely crushed the trade :lol

:lol That 'dunk' went off the back of the rim when they extended Lowry for $30M. People here bitch because the Spurs won't burn it down and rebuild, but Masai, who absolutely blinked when he had a clear opportunity to do so, is some sort of dunk artist?

Chomag
10-22-2019, 03:25 PM
Don't sign him and use his expiring as trade value would be the best decision.

Chucho
10-22-2019, 03:29 PM
Sweet. I hope he goes balls to the wall for his contract and we're able to S+T for a potential "today's NBA" scorer since DJ and DW aren't going to be those guys.

I wonder where people think we're going to get buckets from once the Spurs get out from under DMR. LMA isn't the answer, nor should even be thought of one beyond this year.

As fashionable as it is to hate on the guy, there isn't a player more essential to the Spurs this season than DeMar. Aside from being the typical ST-"fan" schtick of rooting against players and the even stupider "TANK" fans, people should be excited, this could/should light a fire under his ass and help us reach the "sleeper" potential we have.

wildbill2u
10-22-2019, 03:51 PM
He could want to go back to the Raptors---Spurs have a pretty good record in according to player's wishes on something like that if it could be worked out---or he could hate the idea of going back to a team that got rid of him for a better player for one year. I don't know if Raptors have anyone to trade thh. You trade engineers could come up with a trade

apalisoc_9
10-22-2019, 03:57 PM

You are such a bitch

Leetonidas
10-22-2019, 04:04 PM
He could want to go back to the Raptors---Spurs have a pretty good record in according to player's wishes on something like that if it could be worked out---or he could hate the idea of going back to a team that got rid of him for a better player for one year. I don't know if Raptors have anyone to trade thh. You trade engineers could come up with a trade

I have the feeling he wants to go back but he won't as long as Masai is the GM. And I doubt he would trade back for DD anyway

TD 21
10-22-2019, 04:15 PM
Bad news because it means they're still talking and usually when that's the case, deals eventually get done; especially when you have as much time as they do.

They should have no interest in an extention of any kind because not only does he not make any sense going forward, but he's the rare prominent player who's value is unlikely to markedly increase with one.

Hawks, Cavaliers, Grizzlies, Knicks are the only teams on track to have max cap space next off season and it's highly unlikely any would have interest (maybe the Grizzlies). I've said it ad nauseam, but I think the Pistons, Magic and possibly Hornets, are likely the extent of the suitors.

monty4329
10-22-2019, 04:20 PM
If Pop keeps giving him the ball to close games, then we'll know they are going to extend him. In a couple weeks we'll know all about it.

Allan Rowe vs Wade
10-22-2019, 04:47 PM
hopefully he plays himself into a max contract

ismael-robert
10-22-2019, 05:02 PM
I'm actually with ecstatic on this someone posted a article from realgm 6 hours ago that discusses Demar and Spurs being far apart and a lot of y'all's points have already been discussed in the other thread

Joseph Kony
10-22-2019, 05:22 PM
I'm actually with ecstatic on this someone posted a article from realgm 6 hours ago that discusses Demar and Spurs being far apart and a lot of y'all's points have already been discussed in the other thread
no one cares what you think

Ed Helicopter Jones
10-22-2019, 05:26 PM
Wait until the end of the season. If he leads the Spurs to the WCF or beyond, max him out. If he disappears in the post season, or becomes significantly less effective in the playoffs, then you don't. It becomes pretty easy. His body of work to date doesn't indicate a guy who can be a key piece of a championship roster, so for a team on a budget like San Antonio that's in the middle of trying to build from within by grooming their youth movement, maxing him for anything less than a near championship performance makes no long-term sense.

Mugen
10-22-2019, 05:28 PM
:lol That 'dunk' went off the back of the rim when they extended Lowry for $30M. People here bitch because the Spurs won't burn it down and rebuild, but Masai, who absolutely blinked when he had a clear opportunity to do so, is some sort of dunk artist?

Yeah that 1yr Lowry extension is really going to prevent them from signing the megastars of the 2020 Summer Class, stars such as....Demar Derozan :lmao

The Pop/RC slurpers are so reticent to admit what the trade was, is, and will be remembered as: Masai absolutely bending RC over a barrel like it was Deliverance 2.

RC_Drunkford
10-22-2019, 06:11 PM
I think the Raptors would absolutely want him back since the East is an absolute cakewalk and they could get back to the ECF. They won't get far in this seasons playoffs. DeRozan would go back ASAP too.
I think the Knicks will offer him the max, they are just that dumb.

The problem for the Spurs is that there's absolutely no free agent next offseason who would improve the team if you let DeRozan walk. Like who do you sign? 33 old Gallinari? 34 year old Marvin Williams? Or maybe 35 year old Millsap? Porter and Hayward won't opt out, AD won't come here. That free agent class is just pure garbage.
It makes way more sense to keep DeRozan around for one more year (and not longer). Him opting in would be ideal, but he probably won't do that. Even if this team somehow goes deep into the playoffs, he should never get the max. Team friendly deal under 30 million per year maybe, if he can hit 3s consistently.

This almost screams for a midseason trade, which the Spurs won't make.

spurraider21
10-22-2019, 06:17 PM
Why would they want him back at max money after salary dumping him already?
they acquired an MVP caliber player who won them a ring. it wasnt just some salary dump

UZER
10-22-2019, 06:23 PM
I think the Raptors would absolutely want him back since the East is an absolute cakewalk and they could get back to the ECF. They won't get far in this seasons playoffs. DeRozan would go back ASAP too.

The problem for the Spurs is that there's absolutely no free agent next offseason who would improve the team if you let DeRozan walk. Like who do you sign? 33 old Gallinari? 34 year old Marvin Williams? Or maybe 35 year old Millsap? Porter and Hayward won't opt out, AD won't come here. That free agent class is just pure garbage.
It makes way more sense to keep DeRozan around for one more year (and not longer). Him opting in would be ideal, but he probably won't do that. Even if this team somehow goes deep into the playoffs, he should never get the max. Team friendly deal under 30 million per year maybe, if he can hit 3s consistently.

Yes, yes, and yes. They’re over themselves. I can’t wait.

:pop:

Dex
10-22-2019, 06:23 PM
Bad news because it means they're still talking and usually when that's the case, deals eventually get done; especially when you have as much time as they do.

They should have no interest in an extention of any kind because not only does he not make any sense going forward, but he's the rare prominent player who's value is unlikely to markedly increase with one.

Hawks, Cavaliers, Grizzlies, Knicks are the only teams on track to have max cap space next off season and it's highly unlikely any would have interest (maybe the Grizzlies). I've said it ad nauseam, but I think the Pistons, Magic and possibly Hornets, are likely the extent of the suitors.

What do the think the Spurs are going to say?

"Yeah, we don't really want you and don't think you really have a future here, but go out there and play hard for us next year so we don't have to pay you anymore"

For one, DeMar deserves one more season to prove that he is (or isn't) a fit. His deadline basically gives him that, so the Spurs don't have to rush into any decisions.

Secondly, even if the Spurs are absolutely determined not to bring him back, it doesn't do them any good to just be assholes about it to a star player like DeRozan.

We need him to perform this season, he is close with a bunch of the guys on the team, and whether SpursTalk agrees or not, he has accomplished a lot and got thrown into a shitty situation with the Kawhi trade, so the Spurs can at least give him the respect of pretending like they are evaluating his fit going forward.

XDT76
10-22-2019, 06:58 PM
Knicks specifically used up cap space that could be used for this summer because the FAs are trash. Hornet's might be a option if they have the space.

Giving him the L A extension would actually be a good price for him, he'd make something like $27.6, $31.6 and $34.6. That's less than 25% of the cap each of the next 3 seasons but the fit issue makes it less than a no-brainer.

I am actually ok for him to have that contract if he improve his stats to 25/7/7, reduce 4 minutes of playtime and reduce his usage by 5% and being competent on Defence

Allan Rowe vs Wade
10-22-2019, 07:46 PM
I am actually ok for him to have that contract if he improve his stats to 25/7/7, reduce 4 minutes of playtime and reduce his usage by 5% and being competent on Defence

literally nobody in nba history has ever posted those stats

the only players to out up 25/7/7 without the ridiculous usg and mpg restrictions are westbrook, lebron, havlicek (balla), oscar, jordan and bird

lmbebo
10-22-2019, 08:49 PM

Wouldn't count Hornets in the group of possible suitors. By all accounts, they are trying to build organically and be a facilitator of movement (like the Nets until this off season or the Hawks, etc). I don't think they have any real expectation of even competing for a play off spot for the next few years. Only way I see them biting is if the deal gives them cap space or assets.

Leetonidas
10-22-2019, 08:50 PM
If DD was 25/7/7 player on lower usage with competent defense he would be an MVP candidate :lol

XDT76
10-23-2019, 12:58 AM
literally nobody in nba history has ever posted those stats

the only players to out up 25/7/7 without the ridiculous usg and mpg restrictions are westbrook, lebron, havlicek (balla), oscar, jordan and bird

OK maybe I am too greedy but if he can maintain his last year output with lesser minutes and usage by passing more and shoot some catch and shoot 3 it will be OK too.

itzsoweezee
10-23-2019, 01:21 AM
Sweet. I hope he goes balls to the wall for his contract and we're able to S+T for a potential "today's NBA" scorer since DJ and DW aren't going to be those guys.

I wonder where people think we're going to get buckets from once the Spurs get out from under DMR. LMA isn't the answer, nor should even be thought of one beyond this year.

As fashionable as it is to hate on the guy, there isn't a player more essential to the Spurs this season than DeMar. Aside from being the typical ST-"fan" schtick of rooting against players and the even stupider "TANK" fans, people should be excited, this could/should light a fire under his ass and help us reach the "sleeper" potential we have.

Lol. Literally every statement in your rant is wrong.

The Spurs are a sleeper team? There isn't a more essential player on this team? You are out of your mind. Even pop admitted that White was more important than DeMar last year.

itzsoweezee
10-23-2019, 01:26 AM

A midseason trade is the ONLY reasonable approach to resolving this dumb roster situation.

A competent front office would do it without hesitation. This team is not going anywhere but a first round knockout

RC_Drunkford
10-23-2019, 03:48 AM
The Spurs would prefer to do a short-term extension if they grant one, (https://www.nytimes.com/by/marc-stein?te=1&nl=marc-stein&emc=edit_msb_20191022?campaign_id=48&instance_id=13299&segment_id=18144&user_id=94f7c462097a1a9d6f2a0391f6b46bd4&regi_id=85376234) given DeRozan’s age (30) and the fact that they have some good guards in the program (Derrick White, Dejounte Murray, Bryn Forbes and Lonnie Walker IV) who are likely to only keep expanding their roles. DeRozan undoubtedly wants a longer-term extension in exchange for sacrificing his free agency. 9 hours ago (https://hoopshype.com/rumor/1291468/) – via New York Times (https://www.nytimes.com/by/marc-stein?te=1&nl=marc-stein&emc=edit_msb_20191022?campaign_id=48&instance_id=13299&segment_id=18144&user_id=94f7c462097a1a9d6f2a0391f6b46bd4&regi_id=85376234)

poopbox
10-23-2019, 04:50 AM
New GM got Dejounte for cheaper than I thought we could...

Let's see what if he can go 2 for 2 by not signing Derozan...

Just not having him on the team after this year would be a win...trading him for anything would be a plus...

jermaine
10-23-2019, 05:14 AM
While I actually like DeRozan, Walker makes him expendable. 2/55mil is fair to me just to make sure Walker isnt injury prone. but I'm sure Derozan wants the hella max but he ain't proved himself to this organization. Ge cant expect a contract from the Spurs off the strength of what he's done in Toronto.

RC_Drunkford
10-23-2019, 07:24 AM
I think the Spurs want to extend DeRozan for 2 more years, so that his contract expires right around the time when Lonnie Walker becomes an RFA and they have to extend him. DeRozan on the other hand wants a 4-year deal to make sure he gets paid big money into his mid 30s.

People saying the Spurs should let him walk after the season don't seem to understand that there won't be anybody on the market to replace him. This would basically mean Pop has to start Walker instead and play Belinelli or any other mediocre wing that they sign in the offseason off the bench. It makes more sense to keep DeRozan for another year and make a good signing in the 2022 offseason. You don't want the team to get worse.

I wouldn't even mind to give DeRozan big money next season and then have the amount decrease in year 2, since there's nobody on the market that will make a difference anyway. You either extend him for 2 years or trade him

Play Boban
10-23-2019, 07:36 AM
:cry

mo7888
10-23-2019, 08:05 AM

I mostly agree with this. My one exception is that I don't know that an offseason trade is off the table. It feels to me like the FO vibe has changed slightly so it may be possible. My question is, what would any of those teams give for demar mid season? Would it be enough to pull the trigger on a trade?

look_at_g_shred
10-23-2019, 08:41 AM
[/FONT][/COLOR]
I'd let him walk.

look_at_g_shred
10-23-2019, 08:44 AM
I'm still wondering what sitting out DDR for that one preseason game was all about.

Budkin
10-23-2019, 08:54 AM
Good stuff

RC_Drunkford
10-23-2019, 08:57 AM
I'm still wondering what sitting out DDR for that one preseason game was all about.

DeRozan and Gay had minor injuries/bruises

look_at_g_shred
10-23-2019, 09:00 AM
DeRozan and Gay had minor injuries/bruises
Gotcha! I wasn't aware. I was hoping it was an early sign of CIA Pop lol

Genovaswitness
10-23-2019, 09:02 AM
how shook was demar watching his old team win without him the first game and then the guy that replaced him starting an MVP season the next game :lmao

Wtf is his insta story right now :lmao

Chucho
10-23-2019, 09:10 AM
Lol. Literally every statement in your rant is wrong.

The Spurs are a sleeper team? There isn't a more essential player on this team? You are out of your mind. Even pop admitted that White was more important than DeMar last year.

LOL, "because Pop said". Yeah...you lose every bit of credibility. LOLonnie isnt good. Our PGs are kind of redundant. Neither of the 3 are anything resembling a scoring threat.

And even Lowe called us a sleeper.

Try again.

k830713
10-23-2019, 10:27 AM
Knicks - Spurs
Ntilikina, Barrett, Randle + pick 2020 top5 -
White, DeRozan, Metu

Knicks
White, Payton, Smith Jr
DeRozan, Ellington, Trier
Morris, Bullock, Dotson, Brazdeikis
Portis, Knox, Gibson
Robinson, Metu

Spurs
Murray, Mills, Ntilikina
Forbes, Belinelli, Walker
Carroll, Barrett, Johnson
Randle, Gay, Lyles
Aldridge, Poeltl, Samanić

Joseph Kony
10-23-2019, 10:45 AM
Knicks - Spurs
White, DeRozan, Metu

Knicks
White, Payton, Smith Jr
Portis, Knox, Gibson
Robinson, Metu

Spurs
Murray, Mills, Ntilikina
Randle, Gay, Lyles

:lmao horrible deal

FutureMan
10-23-2019, 11:14 AM
Knicks - Spurs
White, DeRozan, Metu

Knicks
White, Payton, Smith Jr
Portis, Knox, Gibson
Robinson, Metu

Spurs
Murray, Mills, Ntilikina
Randle, Gay, Lyles

Problem with this is that the Knicks don’t have to give anything. They can wait a year, keep all their assets and give DeRozan a Max contract.

TheCerebral1
10-23-2019, 11:49 AM
Trade this no defense ball hog. I've hated him on this roster since day 1. He's the definitive first round and out franchise player. I'd rather tear it down, let Poppovich retire, and start over, rather than see this clown for the next five seasons.

Brazil
10-23-2019, 12:07 PM
Do you always have to be a faggot?

You are such a bitch

no one cares what you think

:cry

:lmao

mo7888
10-23-2019, 01:17 PM
Problem with this is that the Knicks don’t have to give anything. They can wait a year, keep all their assets and give DeRozan a Max contract.

That's only true if ny is the only team that wants him. If there are others he could be gone before he ever hits FA.

spurspl
10-23-2019, 03:12 PM
Knicks - Spurs
White, DeRozan, Metu

Knicks
White, Payton, Smith Jr
Portis, Knox, Gibson
Robinson, Metu

Spurs
Murray, Mills, Ntilikina
Randle, Gay, Lyles

great deal for spurs but knicks arent so dumb to do that... i guess

TimDunkem
10-23-2019, 03:15 PM
The Knicks are not a realistic trade partner. Them moving in on Morris was partially due to bad blood between the franchises.

TD 21
10-23-2019, 03:48 PM
What do the think the Spurs are going to say?

"Yeah, we don't really want you and don't think you really have a future here, but go out there and play hard for us next year so we don't have to pay you anymore"

For one, DeMar deserves one more season to prove that he is (or isn't) a fit. His deadline basically gives him that, so the Spurs don't have to rush into any decisions.

Secondly, even if the Spurs are absolutely determined not to bring him back, it doesn't do them any good to just be assholes about it to a star player like DeRozan.

We need him to perform this season, he is close with a bunch of the guys on the team, and whether SpursTalk agrees or not, he has accomplished a lot and got thrown into a shitty situation with the Kawhi trade, so the Spurs can at least give him the respect of pretending like they are evaluating his fit going forward.

I get it, but I think it's safe to say, they're not the type of organization that would do this just for show, either for the reason you said or because they think it might increase his trade value . . . so if they're doing this, it's because they genuinely want to keep him for probably 3 more years (including this one).

He's a bad fit. I didn't need to see it once to know, so I damn sure don't need to see it twice. It manifests itself in direct ways too, like what it does to the rotation (Murray/White splitting a position; Belinelli over Walker). He should not be prioritized over the youth going forward.

Maddog
10-23-2019, 08:56 PM
After the first half, I think they are farther apart

Aus10_
10-23-2019, 09:04 PM
send him back to the Raptors!

NASpurs
10-23-2019, 09:31 PM
Is it too late to cut him?

itzsoweezee
10-23-2019, 10:01 PM
I hate this dude so much

gambit1990
10-23-2019, 10:14 PM
demar playing bad will make the spurs offer bigger :lol cause pop doesn't want demar to feel embarrassed and pop wants to show he has confidence in him.

no way the spurs lowball demar like they absolutely should (if pop is dead-set on an extension).

superbigtime
10-23-2019, 10:26 PM
wish he was a clipper

Payote75
10-23-2019, 11:12 PM
Look I'm so tired of everyone saying let the Spurs tear it down or rebuild the Spurs have a good amount of young talent but even if they trade DD and sucked this year I'd be ok with adding that pick however that being said I think this team is very solid and if they can trade DD now please do it!!!!!!

i don't want to hear that he is worth more than this or that or trace the trade back to kawitter that chapter is closed matter of fact the book is closed. Anyone that wouldn't take Wiggins for DD is nuts I would take a young athletic small forward signed already and has potential to Improve under pop.

it becomes more of a complete team with an actual small forward. If no Wiggins I'd be down for another trade there are teams who want and could use DD he does not fit on here we play team ball we need true shooter we need freakin defense and with a young athletic team it opens up a new world can't slow it down for him to get his game going it's iso ball and its methodical and he ruins everyone else's vibe/flow

And id take anyone right now of equal value but that's a fit. And yes Wiggins would be one feel free to add some more realistic proposals but a small forward or a center is what we need our guard situation is more than fine and Lonnie will be along hopefully soon enough but there has to be someone better than DD scheme wise for this team.

we have a good mix right now adding someone like Wiggins or perhaps a team like the nets Washington etc.

Floyd Pacquiao
10-23-2019, 11:16 PM
If you can just dump him anywhere it would be addition by subtraction. He's really stunting the growth of Derrick White.

james evans
10-24-2019, 12:19 AM
Not only does he suck in real life he sucks on NBA 2K. I had to move him to the bench because I’m in my myplayer career and I’m playing so good that they allow me to make roster changes. so I move the defrozen to the bench and only playing two minutes a game but he eventually is put right back in the starting lineup. He sucks can’t hit open shots and is always turning the ball over

GreekSpursfan
10-24-2019, 12:26 AM
I dont think we can get anything for him and since he wants to get paid i think he's gonna try his best this season. I say we keep him and let him walk no matter how he plays unless of course we go to the finals somehow, lol.

R. DeMurre
10-24-2019, 01:25 AM

Bogdan Bogdanovic and Joe Harris will be available and both are preferable to DeRozan imo. Neither will demand anywhere near a max contract, both shoot the three, both are younger than DeRozan.

ZeusWillJudge
10-24-2019, 01:28 AM
I've had a hard time adjusting to the new salaries that are getting thrown around. Guys have gotten more than I thought they were worth, and it's a trend not a fluke. After seeing who all got extended and locked down, and after spending some time sizing up the weak FA class for next year, DeRozan is going to be one of the best available. Probably second to Anthony Davis, if he's really legitimately "available". If DDR doesn't screw up his value with a terrible season, it's almost hard for me to imagine now that someone won't throw max money at him.

I presume the Spurs could offer him more than anyone else? I don't think he especially loves it in SA, so that's really the only reason I could think that he would want SA to be the ones to give him that contract. I also don't know that any of us really know what goes on inside these guys' heads. But he does seem like he gets his feelings hurt about a lot of things. I hope he's not going to pout through the season.

One thing I do know: if he plays all season like he did tonight, he's not getting maxed by anybody. Maybe his best bet is to fake an injury and go to NY to rehab. :D

Look I'm so tired of everyone saying let the Spurs tear it down or rebuild

Oh man, if you get tired of repetition, you're definitely in the wrong place.

vander
10-24-2019, 03:26 AM
If you can just dump him anywhere it would be addition by subtraction. He's really stunting the growth of Derrick White.

Yeah, if Spurs could get anything of value for him that would be a win. They could have just given all his minutes to Lonnie Walker tonight and I don't see how the team could have been worse for it.

RC_Drunkford
10-24-2019, 05:22 AM
He airballs floaters. Give him the max :pop:

Allan Rowe vs Wade
10-24-2019, 06:42 AM
sucked for three quarters but pulled the sinking spurs ship out of the mud in the 4th. secured the w. sorry spurstalk

tbdog
10-24-2019, 07:23 AM
^ A bad 3 quarters followed by a pretty damn good 4th and got us the lead.

Ibleedslvrnblk
10-24-2019, 07:52 AM
They need to get further a part. I don't understand how a so called top player in the league can continue to be just invisible have so little impact on a game. If they give him a max they might as well sign Melo while they are at it and let him play with Mills and Beli. Burn that shit to the ground...

BackHome
10-24-2019, 07:59 AM
Honestly if DEROZZ, Mills, and Marco got hurt that would be the best thing for us as it would force Pop to play Walker, Keldon, Murray and White more.

phxspurfan
10-24-2019, 05:29 PM
It was clear he was sulking last night. 1 point through basically 3 quarters and playing passive af. Not a good look, to the point where he had to be taken out of the game during a long stretch where we were being obliterated

KobesAchilles
10-24-2019, 05:41 PM
And getting farther every day:toast

cd021
10-24-2019, 11:08 PM
Starting to think that he opts in to next season, there is really only one team that would likely pursue him (Charlotte) because of Jordowner.

Not all bad; gives the Spurs an extra year of DDR, LMA and Gay then, possibly, let the three of them walk after next season.

GAustex
10-24-2019, 11:22 PM
Honestly if DEROZZ, Mills, and Marco got hurt that would be the best thing for us as it would force Pop to play Walker, Keldon, Murray and White more.
I’ll say it again:
DDR + Mills + Beli for equal value 6’ 7” 3D deadeye and a musclebound (with an edge) PF who is serviceable and there you go.

Young guys got to step up and LMA.

It’s a dream I know...

Payote75
10-24-2019, 11:41 PM
Eactly my point couldn't agree more ....that's why I hate when people complain about wiggins

id so prefer a starting five of:
Murray
white/Forbes
wiggins
poertl (spelling)
LA

way more athleticly gifted team shooting is improving but I think ball would move all around better they can break down a defense and second chance points rebounds is where we would clean up they all better than average rebounders at their respective positions ....the pressure is on nobody and we don't have to pay a max for an old DD who just is a very good player but not for this team the way it's currently being built. Wiggins contract would be actually cap friendly for his age athletetism and potential under pop oh and way better defensively by far.

cd021
10-25-2019, 01:21 AM
I’ll say it again:
DDR + Mills + Beli for equal value 6’ 7” 3D deadeye and a musclebound (with an edge) PF who is serviceable and there you go.

Young guys got to step up and LMA.

It’s a dream I know...

Those 3 players make $45 million, unless we're trading them for Kawhi, their isn't a player that fits that description in that salary range.

cd021
10-25-2019, 01:23 AM
Eactly my point couldn't agree more ....that's why I hate when people complain about wiggins

id so prefer a starting five of:
Murray
white/Forbes
wiggins
poertl (spelling)
LA

way more athleticly gifted team shooting is improving but I think ball would move all around better they can break down a defense and second chance points rebounds is where we would clean up they all better than average rebounders at their respective positions ....the pressure is on nobody and we don't have to pay a max for an old DD who just is a very good player but not for this team the way it's currently being built. Wiggins contract would be actually cap friendly for his age athletetism and potential under pop oh and way better defensively by far.

It's not like people are wrong about Wiggins, he's not a good player who's making the max. He's far, far worse than DeRozan. If he ever got to DDR's level then he wouldn't be such a disappointment.

GAustex
10-25-2019, 08:29 AM
Those 3 players make $45 million, unless we're trading them for Kawhi, their isn't a player that fits that description in that salary range.
"
It’s a dream I know..."

exstatic
10-25-2019, 09:15 AM
Starting to think that he opts in to next season, there is really only one team that would likely pursue him (Charlotte) because of Jordowner.

Not all bad; gives the Spurs an extra year of DDR, LMA and Gay then, possibly, let the three of them walk after next season.

DDR will likely walk after this season, if things continue as they are. Gay and LMA are signed until the summer of 2021. I would actually like LMA to sign again in 2021, but I think he may go back to PDX like he said he would. He'd be 36, but would probably have 2-3 years left in the tank. Big men just age better. He also seems to have toughened up a bit since his first year or two here.

Leetonidas
10-25-2019, 04:20 PM
When the Lakers are not performing like they want spurs should trade them their "third star" to fill out our roster. Too bad most of their players outside the top are garbage

Seventyniner
10-25-2019, 04:23 PM
When the Lakers are not performing like they want spurs should trade them their "third star" to fill out our roster. Too bad most of their players outside the top are garbage

They already traded everyone worth a damn to get AD. The earliest first-rounder they can trade is something like 2027.

Leetonidas
10-25-2019, 04:24 PM
They already traded everyone worth a damn to get AD. The earliest first-rounder they can trade is something like 2027.

I wouldn't mind trading him for Kuzma and Green tbh

mo7888
10-25-2019, 04:55 PM
I wouldn't mind trading him for Kuzma and Green tbh

I'd take that trade all day if they'd put it on the table.

Leetonidas
10-25-2019, 08:03 PM
Anything is possible with the Lakers retarded FO. I mean they literally gave Zubac to the Clippers for free. :lmao

DPG21920
10-25-2019, 10:42 PM
I don’t see Derozan going to Lakers. Not only do lakes and Sa not play nice but Derozan legit seems like he hates that atmosphere. He’s on video saying hell no to playing with lakers

KobesAchilles
10-25-2019, 10:53 PM
Damn. Gordon Hayward is looking good again. I wish we could’ve traded for him in the offseason by unloading Demar and a pick. I’m sure Boston would’ve bit. They were desperate and had no way of knowing if he would come back the same player.

FkLA
10-25-2019, 11:03 PM
I don't know why some of you are acting like he brought us home in the 4th. He got a Knick on one of his ugly ass pump fakes and got bailed out on another of his ugly midrange fadeaways. He also had some embarrassing misses where it was obvious he was trying to "takeover" because he fancies himself a closer. It'll probably be a while before he attempts another 3PTer after that brick he threw up too.

I wanted to like the guy but it's painfully obvious at this point that his game is disgusting and that he's a loser.

GAustex
10-25-2019, 11:12 PM
I don't know why some of you are acting like he brought us home in the 4th. He got a Knick on one of his ugly ass pump fakes and got bailed out on another of his ugly midrange fadeaways. He also had some embarrassing misses where it was obvious he was trying to "takeover" because he fancies himself a closer. It'll probably be a while before he attempts another 3PTer after that brick he threw up too.

I wanted to like the guy but it's painfully obvious at this point that his game is disgusting and that he's a loser.
He is not a bad person he is just not a winner

Payote75
10-27-2019, 01:00 AM
No way man the guy has never been coached up he cannot be worse the derozan and I will take a young athletic player with potential and almost the same salary as DD. Look at there numbers from last year and look at the talent that surrounds each player. Even tonight props for DD hitting the winning bucket but every time he was in the game it brought the offense to a stand still.

However with itch that being said I'm not fixated on Wiggins just an example but DD needs to go for a small forward that can shoot the 3 and D. I would trade home for mostly anyone that's young potential and averages 18-20 a game like Wiggins. If the Spurs pay him the max at his age it's way worse than paying Wiggins who is already signed. But anyone with some real trade ideas please feel free. No way should DD get max and no way should we lose him for nothing.

what bothers me the most is he is stunting the growth of the other young players. White should be or could be starting.

RC_Drunkford
10-27-2019, 05:28 AM
DeRozan been shooting the team out of the game since the season started. Good 4th quarter or not, his shooting is atrocious