PDA

View Full Version : Patty Mills haters better apologize

ElNono
10-24-2019, 01:32 AM
So much hate on this guy for the last couple of seasons. He looked in great shape tonight and once his shot starts going down, what are you haters gonna do?

He's clearly the team leader, perfect glue vet, mentored Murray into a fantastic player and stepped back so he can blossom, buys rounds of coffee for his teammates, he's the coach on the floor, etc. I don't understand the criticism.

And don't even get me started on his salary. He ranks #111 in the league, even Ian Mahinmi and Dewayne Dedmon make more money than him.

Frankly, he should get an extension ASAP, IMO.

Anyways, start apologizing below, tbh.

wildcardX
10-24-2019, 02:25 AM
Is keeping him around really worth all that free coffee? Anyway, I got his extension right here.....

https://coffeeinmyveins.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/a-cup-of-coffee-description-generated-with-high-c-3.jpeg

Dhbsr555
10-24-2019, 02:26 AM
Ya that is your opinion and a dumb ass one at that. You want to give Mills an extention so Derrick White can go to another team . Real smart.

ElNono
10-24-2019, 02:31 AM
Ya that is your opinion and a dumb ass one at that. You want to give Mills an extention so Derrick White can go to another team . Real smart.

There's enough minutes for White, Murray and Patty. Heck, I rather we move Forbes while he's still making fluke shots. White is more of a SG anyways.

raybies
10-24-2019, 02:34 AM
:tu good job nono. still getting kids in 2019. true vet of the forums

Dhbsr555
10-24-2019, 02:34 AM
There's enough minutes for White, Murray and Patty. Heck, I rather we move Forbes while he's still making fluke shots. White is more of a SG anyways.
Not enough money though. And resigning mills to 14 mill is just retarded. When you got derozen white walker Forbes and Poeltl to resign. For the record I don’t want them to sign derozen . But I definitely don’t want mills back

ElNono
10-24-2019, 02:39 AM
Not enough money though. And resigning mills to 14 mill is just retarded. When you got derozen white walker Forbes and Poeltl to resign. For the record I don’t want them to sign derozen . But I definitely don’t want mills back

Meh, the Spurs need to resign him for less now, he's obviously a vet. Isn't the cap going up to $25m or so in a year?

The Spurs should really extend Forbes and Walker to bigger contracts, then package them with DDR for an actual franchise player if one becomes available. Somebody like Westbrook for example. Westbrook-Mills would probably be the best backcourt in the west.

Dhbsr555
10-24-2019, 02:59 AM
Just so I’m hearing this right you want to trade our youth and ddfor a guy who leads the league in turnovers.. shoots about 26 percent from three and shoots his team out of the game every year in the playoffs.. while paying him 35 mill a year

RC_Drunkford
10-24-2019, 04:21 AM
People not getting that El Nono is trolling:lol

Allan Rowe vs Wade
10-24-2019, 06:40 AM
if patty can be a microwave and solid 3rd pg then i’m ok with pop being his huckleberry

sananspursfan21
10-24-2019, 06:51 AM
I love Patty in small doses. His defense isn’t good overall but he’s got a way of getting some timely steals and he annoys the other team. And he’s better as a microscopic shooting guard than he is manning the point. But I agree with most that I’d rather see Lonnie get some minutes.

Even if you are trolling :lol

BatManu20
10-24-2019, 07:18 AM
Patty ain’t going anywhere anytime soon tbh. He’s gonna be a Spur for a while. He’s PATFO’s team pet. Just hope his next contract is a lot more appropriate for his skill-set tbh.

LaMarcus Bryant
10-24-2019, 07:47 AM
isn't elnono that chunky dude who got soda pop spilled all over him when manu hit that baseline game winner on the road?

timtonymanu
10-24-2019, 08:06 AM
isn't elnono that chunky dude who got soda pop spilled all over him when manu hit that baseline game winner on the road?

:lol

Fireball
10-24-2019, 08:16 AM
not chunky ... fat ... plain and simple

but I love his trolling!

ZeusWillJudge
10-24-2019, 08:45 AM
OMG some of you are too easy. That still doesn't explain why a grown-ass man thinks it's fun to wind people up and watch them scream. :lol

RD2191
10-24-2019, 08:51 AM
:jack

Floyd Pacquiao
10-24-2019, 09:12 AM
Who the hell wrote that post? :lol

KobesAchilles
10-24-2019, 09:20 AM
I’m sorry that we didn’t pay Patty more tbh. Had I known in the playoffs that he would shoot 1% from 3 for every million dollars we gave him then we should’ve paid him the max. Instantly turns a 13% 3 point choke artist into a 43% assassin :wow

Dverde
10-24-2019, 09:26 AM
Patty going to get his number retired.

Ibleedslvrnblk
10-24-2019, 09:37 AM
The issue with Patty is matchups in a series. I think we saw that against Denver. I think he is a threat in many ways, but at the same time a weak area on the team. He needs to be used in small amounts. If he is not crushing threes really he needs to be sitting on the bench.

look_at_g_shred
10-24-2019, 09:40 AM
Anyone who doesn't agree can't call themselves a real fan

TheGreatYacht
10-24-2019, 10:14 AM
Didn’t know I was on r/goespursgo :lol

What’s sadder is OP actually got some PATFO fluffers to agree with him. It was always obvious they never watched the games (to busy being beta and giving out Gawk Gawks) because they would’ve realized the wombat shot 3/11 lol

SpursDynasty85
10-24-2019, 10:17 AM
So much hate on this guy for the last couple of seasons. He looked in great shape tonight and once his shot starts going down, what are you haters gonna do?

He's clearly the team leader, perfect glue vet, mentored Murray into a fantastic player and stepped back so he can blossom, buys rounds of coffee for his teammates, he's the coach on the floor, etc. I don't understand the criticism.

And don't even get me started on his salary. He ranks #111 in the league, even Ian Mahinmi and Dewayne Dedmon make more money than him.

I agree Mills gets too much hate. This guy's job was to mentor our young guys (especially guards) and we now have young guards outperforming their expectations yet we only see Mills as a nuisance at this point. Mills should play 2nd unit PG with White as the SG. It would work so perfectly for everyone. White struggles to find aggressiveness playing PG and Mills knows the system well-enough to facilitate and still spread the floor for White's penetration.

We also have to look at the fact Belinelli was already trade bait and still is. Pop needs to continue to play him so they can find a trade partner soon. Walker can slowly play his way into the rotation during the season. I am fine with that. Carroll will have to replace Walker in the lineup as the veteran guy and not Belli.

ElNono
10-24-2019, 10:25 AM

This. Clearly

RC_Drunkford
10-24-2019, 12:20 PM
I agree Mills gets too much hate. This guy's job was to mentor our young guys (especially guards) and we now have young guards outperforming their expectations yet we only see Mills as a nuisance at this point. Mills should play 2nd unit PG with White as the SG. It would work so perfectly for everyone. White struggles to find aggressiveness playing PG and Mills knows the system well-enough to facilitate and still spread the floor for White's penetration.

So you want the guy who can't run an offense to play PG and the guy who can't shoot to play SG? Gotcha

r0drig0lac
10-24-2019, 12:29 PM

https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/popemote.gif

SpursDynasty85
10-24-2019, 01:02 PM
So you want the guy who can't run an offense to play PG and the guy who can't shoot to play SG? Gotcha

Lol. Mills can definitely play PG and most experts would agree he is a fine back up PG. From my observation, hasn't most of his career been as a back up PG or leading PG for his Australian squad? To address your second point (valid recently) I believe tasking White as PG has made his jumper and shooting worse. It's obvious White can score (shooting, midrange, and dribbling wise). His play all-around (especially shooting) should benefit from less responsibilities in their offensive sets.

spurraider21
10-24-2019, 01:44 PM
Meh, the Spurs need to resign him for less now, he's obviously a vet. Isn't the cap going up to $25m or so in a year?

The Spurs should really extend Forbes and Walker to bigger contracts, then package them with DDR for an actual franchise player if one becomes available. Somebody like Westbrook for example. Westbrook-Mills would probably be the best backcourt in the west.
i'm intrigued

TimDunkem
10-24-2019, 02:38 PM
if patty can be a microwave and solid 3rd pg then i’m ok with pop being his huckleberry

No. He isn't being paid or played as a 3rd stringer.

Ed Helicopter Jones
10-24-2019, 03:18 PM

Nice thread ElNono!

ElNono
10-24-2019, 09:31 PM

Nice thread ElNono!

What's up Ed. Hope we have a decent season.

Joseph Kony
10-24-2019, 09:33 PM
OP with the...

https://i.imgur.com/IKMXExz.gif

Allan Rowe vs Wade
10-24-2019, 10:04 PM
No. He isn't being paid or played as a 3rd stringer.

1st string microwave

TimDunkem
10-24-2019, 10:16 PM
1st string microwave
Perpetual 8th seed.

heyheymymy
10-24-2019, 10:29 PM
Savage absence of blue font in the OP

alpha_HaZE
10-25-2019, 12:07 AM

Truth, very well said sir.

Brazil
10-25-2019, 09:21 AM
:lmao

ElNono
11-01-2019, 11:15 PM
MVPatty

dabom6
11-01-2019, 11:18 PM
:lmao

Mr. Body
11-01-2019, 11:56 PM
Patty Thrills

benefactor
11-01-2019, 11:59 PM
:lol taking a big aboriginal dump on ST

raybies
11-02-2019, 12:01 AM
i apologize.

Seventyniner
11-02-2019, 12:01 AM
:lol taking a big aboriginal dump on ST

Too bad it takes 3-4 games to fill his colon.

That was still a hell of a game by Patty. :bobo

timtonymanu
11-02-2019, 12:02 AM
It will be back to the usual shitting the bed when he isn’t playing one of the worst teams in the league, tbh

raybies
11-02-2019, 12:03 AM
It will be back to the usual shitting the bed when he isn’t playing one of the worst teams in the league, tbh
just say sorry... just for tonight.

timtonymanu
11-02-2019, 12:06 AM
just say sorry... just for tonight.

I mean he had a good game but it was against a horrible team. Just like how Marco looked semi decent tonight. Hardly an indicator he can do this all year consistently. Lol even though I know OP is kind of trolling with this thread. If Mills can play like 50 Mills consistently, then I’ll eat crow in this thread

raybies
11-02-2019, 12:07 AM
:tu

spurs1990
11-02-2019, 12:13 AM
It must've been his first year here right at the end of the season Patty torched GS for 35 pts. I think 2012. Something about playing home

benfti
11-02-2019, 12:54 AM
FIBAWC Patty Mills activated.

just needed Pop to green and gold light it.

99 Problems
11-02-2019, 05:46 AM
If only LeKiwi was still here with his Little General running mate. MVPatty lookin like prime Penny again.

Rummpd
11-02-2019, 06:00 AM
One game - problem is Pop will ride this performance all year against a very hurt team.

r0drig0lac
11-02-2019, 06:59 AM
meh

UZER
11-02-2019, 07:59 AM
A great game by Mills, but cmon, It’s a reeling Warriors team in disarray that just lost Curry as well. It’s a Bonner moment for Mills. :lol

Most people acknowledge Mills doesn’t outright suck (his defense is bad though), and that he is a great piece to a team. But a very small piece. He’s just not good enough to justify his contract and play as many minutes as he’s given in the lineups Pop plays him.

exstatic
11-02-2019, 09:09 AM
A great game by Mills, but cmon, It’s a reeling Warriors team in disarray that just lost Curry as well. It’s a Bonner moment for Mills. :lol

Most people acknowledge Mills doesn’t outright suck (his defense is bad though), and that he is a great piece to a team. But a very small piece. He’s just not good enough to justify his contract and play as many minutes as he’s given in the lineups Pop plays him.

People think that Patty is some massive overpay. WHEN HIS CONTRACT WAS SIGNED, someone posted that it was the 110th highest n the league. His PER was 114th the previous year. This is the new NBA, folks. $12M is the new $5M.

UZER
11-02-2019, 11:09 AM
People think that Patty is some massive overpay. WHEN HIS CONTRACT WAS SIGNED, someone posted that it was the 110th highest n the league. His PER was 114th the previous year. This is the new NBA, folks. $12M is the new $5M.

They could’ve had him for the new $3M if they didn’t outbid themselves at midnight.

Dex
11-02-2019, 11:24 AM

No one expects Mills to put up 31 every night...but if he can get his shot back on line and put up 8-10 efficient points off the bench, he will be worth his money. Mills, fortunately, can bring some other things to the table if he isn't hitting shots (unlike Beli)...but he becomes much more valuable if there is even the threat of him pulling up from three.

weebo
11-02-2019, 11:33 AM
Some people are just miserable--they'll hate on anything or anyone just to make themselves feel better. Wombat might not be anything special but he's still an NBA player while most of you are just fat and lazy :lol

Genovaswitness
11-02-2019, 11:41 AM
Some people are just miserable--they'll hate on anything or anyone just to make themselves feel better. Wombat might not be anything special but he's still an NBA player while most of you are just fat and lazy :lol

I mean if you’re gonna take that stance then you can’t criticize any NBA player because they’re (probably) all richer, more athletic than us. sports are fun

Seventyniner
11-02-2019, 12:11 PM

Spurtacular
11-02-2019, 01:24 PM
Forbes and Mills starting out the season on the right foot. But I was still right when I said they needed to be benched for Game 7 vs. Denver.

boutons_deux
11-02-2019, 01:46 PM
Where was that Patty vs Denver series?

RC_Drunkford
11-02-2019, 01:50 PM
I don't have a problem with Mills this season. Forbes is the starter, so if you sub in Mills for Forbes that's an adequate replacement. The problem is when Pop starts to play Mills with Forbes or Belinelli. Spurs can hide one player on defense, but hiding 2 makes it a lot harder. By the way I wish Mills could have just one game like this in the playoffs. That would really help

ZeusWillJudge
11-29-2019, 02:21 PM
Tom Orsborn: Patty says it’s important for #Spurs in these tough times “to still enjoy what we are doing, still enjoy doing it w/ each other & have fun. That’s what we need at this point. You can’t always do it, but that’s what we need – try to find an enjoyment in playing with each other.”

:pop: "Now THAT'S culture! That's what's needed here."

GAustex
11-29-2019, 02:24 PM
Patty needs to sit on the bench and enjoy it as someone else plays defense.
Better yet trade his weak ass defense to some other team so he can enjoy playing no defense somewhere else.

UZER
11-29-2019, 02:46 PM
Spoken like someone who knows he ain’t even getting benched. So yeah, that’s easy for him to say.

JeffDuncan
11-29-2019, 02:52 PM
Will somebody please smash Patty's hand in a car door by accident? Ok thx.

ElNono
12-15-2019, 12:05 AM
:wow:worthy:

RC_Drunkford
12-15-2019, 12:08 AM
Patty should be the closer from now on. He has the classic Spurs clutch gene. No more DeRozan bricks please

UZER
12-15-2019, 12:16 AM
Patty should be the closer from now on. He has the classic Spurs clutch gene. No more DeRozan bricks please

If this is where the Spurs are at...sheesh.

baseline bum
12-15-2019, 12:21 AM

Beating Phoenix minus their two best players in the only arena with more fat Mexicans in it than the ATT Center hardly qualifies one for the clutch gene tbh.

RC_Drunkford
12-15-2019, 12:32 AM
Beating Phoenix minus their two best players in the only arena with more fat Mexicans in it than the ATT Center hardly qualifies one for the clutch gene tbh.

Mills has made these type of shots for his entire Spurs career. Last year against the Lakers, clutch 3s in the playoffs. He's far from being my favorite player, but if your other closers are DeMar DeFrozan, Lamarcus Aldridge and washed up Rudy Gay, I pick Patty Mills any day.

You're right that these are some lucky embarassing wins, I give you that

If this is where the Spurs are at...sheesh.

that's exacty where they are at. I take Lonnie Walker too, but other than that this team consists of a bunch of chokers

marinoman
12-15-2019, 01:07 AM
Stop bumping this thread, he sux monkey ass you dumb fucktards

ZeusWillJudge
12-15-2019, 01:10 AM
Mills has made these type of shots for his entire Spurs career. Last year against the Lakers, clutch 3s in the playoffs. He's far from being my favorite player, but if your other closers are DeMar DeFrozan, Lamarcus Aldridge and washed up Rudy Gay, I pick Patty Mills any day.

You're right that these are some lucky embarassing wins, I give you that

Patty was 3-22 from 3P in the playoffs last year. But never mind that. We all know that Patty's biggest issue is on the defensive end.

Honestly, I would put Patty in the SL over Forbes in a heartbeat this season. I just threw up in my mouth a little from saying it. But Forbes is a losing proposition. I sure as hell wouldn't have trusted that last shot to him.

TimDunkem
12-15-2019, 01:21 AM
Where was that Patty vs Denver series?

Or against the Warriors, Okc, etc.

We have these Shitty Mills threads every season and he inevitably always disappoints...With that said, good game...But fuck him because he's killing our chances at a decent pick. Can't wait until he leads us into the playoffs only to choke once they begin.

Collins21
12-15-2019, 07:34 AM
Or against the Warriors, Okc, etc.

We have these Shitty Mills threads every season and he inevitably always disappoints...With that said, good game...But fuck him because he's killing our chances at a decent pick. Can't wait until he leads us into the playoffs only to choke once they begin.

What about 2017 when he killed the Rockets and Grizzlies? We win neither of those series without him. That Warriors series wasn't his fault he's 5'11 with a 6'7 top 10 defender on him what the hell did you think would happen?

RC_Drunkford
12-15-2019, 12:16 PM
Patty was 3-22 from 3P in the playoffs last year. But never mind that. We all know that Patty's biggest issue is on the defensive end.

Honestly, I would put Patty in the SL over Forbes in a heartbeat this season. I just threw up in my mouth a little from saying it. But Forbes is a losing proposition. I sure as hell wouldn't have trusted that last shot to him.

I never said he's a go-to guy or that you can count on him every night. I'm simply saying he's a better option in crunch time than both, DeRozan and Aldridge. It's clear to everybody here that Mills is not even a starting caliber player, he's a bench guy. Your 6th man at best, but most likely 7th or 8th. But he has experience in crunch time and can knock down those shots.

He was garbage against Denver, he was garbage in 2016 against OKC. He was great in the 2014 finals, in 2015 against the Clippers, 2017 against the Rockets. That's a bigger track record than DeRozan will ever have

Y'all in here acting like I said he's the best player on the team or some shit

keywester
12-15-2019, 03:26 PM
You Patty haters just hate life (probably Trump fans)? Mills is probably one of the best undersized guards in the NBA and despite his defensive shortcomings he should be appreciated!! At least Pop can see it even though most of you haters should be the head coach of the Spurs.:blah

ZeusWillJudge
12-16-2019, 03:41 AM
I never said he's a go-to guy or that you can count on him every night. I'm simply saying he's a better option in crunch time than both, DeRozan and Aldridge. It's clear to everybody here that Mills is not even a starting caliber player, he's a bench guy. Your 6th man at best, but most likely 7th or 8th. But he has experience in crunch time and can knock down those shots.

He was garbage against Denver, he was garbage in 2016 against OKC. He was great in the 2014 finals, in 2015 against the Clippers, 2017 against the Rockets. That's a bigger track record than DeRozan will ever have

Y'all in here acting like I said he's the best player on the team or some shit

I wasn't trying to put words in your mouth (that's not my thing I promise). Just giving my point of view. Yeah, I get that in relative clutch moments, he's got a better track record than DDR.

This is another time where looking at splits is worthwhile. He had a good game at Phoenix, but the first four game of December he's been pretty damn bad offensively. (I can't even make myself talk about his D.) But I would still MUCH rather have him take that last shot than the dribble, dribble, brick that DeRozan pulled in the previous game. I guess it's all relative.

timtonymanu
12-16-2019, 03:47 AM
You Patty haters just hate life (probably Trump fans)? Mills is probably one of the best undersized guards in the NBA and despite his defensive shortcomings he should be appreciated!! At least Pop can see it even though most of you haters should be the head coach of the Spurs.:blah

Shut up Aussie faggot