PDA

View Full Version : Jesus Is King

monosylab1k
10-25-2019, 03:31 PM
Did this dude really write a Chikfila song? :lmao

I’m actually digging most of this album, but I’m a Yeezy stan. It’s getting trashed online tho, as expected.

AussieFanKurt
10-25-2019, 11:48 PM
Don’t get the love for him. He’s annoying and a weird jesus freak. I’ve seen him at festivals twice and he fucking sucks live.

Spurtacular
10-26-2019, 12:19 AM
Pity post.

Clipper Nation
10-26-2019, 12:39 AM
It's a really good album. Only Kanye could sample a car alarm on a track that also features Kenny G and make it sound amazing.

Chris
10-26-2019, 12:47 AM
It's a gospel album Kanye coverting millions of brothers and sisters :tu

Chris
10-26-2019, 12:54 AM
even non-binary :tu

koriwhat
10-26-2019, 01:46 PM
:tu

CitizenDwayne
10-26-2019, 04:03 PM
Best comedy album I’ve heard in a while

benefactor
10-26-2019, 04:38 PM
Best comedy album I’ve heard in a while
https://media.giphy.com/media/XNwHMWbX1QHew/giphy.gif

redzero
10-26-2019, 08:19 PM
I was going to trash Kanye and claim that he hasn't made a good album in years, but KIDS SEE GHOSTS and Daytona exist.

resistanze
10-26-2019, 09:23 PM
Follow God is fire but the rest is trash tbh

Chucho
10-27-2019, 06:13 PM
Don’t get the love for him. He’s annoying and a weird jesus freak. I’ve seen him at festivals twice and he fucking sucks live.

Rap in general sucks live. Its definitely not a concert genre.

Spurminator
10-27-2019, 07:48 PM

Yeah I don't know when it happened but several of the last rap concerts I've been to are basically collections of 1-minute song segments.

AussieFanKurt
10-28-2019, 12:27 AM

Fair call actually. I did see Nas live and he was great but can't think of many others

Chucho
10-28-2019, 01:17 AM
Fair call actually. I did see Nas live and he was great but can't think of many others

I've tried so many live-action rap concerts. My all time faves like Wu and UGK to washed up acts that take car show gigs like Bone and basically every Houston rapper that didn't make it out of Houston; almost were all rotten. Best ones I saw were everyone on a Jedi Mind Tricks show where everyone except Vinnie Paz was solid. Also, saw a Mos-Def show that had MF Doom and some Dex Jux dudes when I went to Jersey back in the day.

Seen Eminem, Hova, Wu, UGK, Cube, E-40, too many Swisha-House rappers and a few more live- even the DJs sucked. It's not that they couldn't rap, it's just not a genre that lends itself to live performances beyond maybe a simple beatbox and freestyles/battles where the shock-n-awe of a good rhyme resonates.

Will Hunting
10-28-2019, 07:16 AM
I've tried so many live-action rap concerts. My all time faves like Wu and UGK to washed up acts that take car show gigs like Bone and basically every Houston rapper that didn't make it out of Houston; almost were all rotten. Best ones I saw were everyone on a Jedi Mind Tricks show where everyone except Vinnie Paz was solid. Also, saw a Mos-Def show that had MF Doom and some Dex Jux dudes when I went to Jersey back in the day.

Seen Eminem, Hova, Wu, UGK, Cube, E-40, too many Swisha-House rappers and a few more live- even the DJs sucked. It's not that they couldn't rap, it's just not a genre that lends itself to live performances beyond maybe a simple beatbox and freestyles/battles where the shock-n-awe of a good rhyme resonates.
Dude, seriously, Jedi Mind Tricks :lol

AussieFanKurt
10-28-2019, 07:58 AM

They never can get the sound quite right or at least when I've seen acts here. Mos Def and MF Doom... wow that would be fucking sick.

Chucho
10-28-2019, 10:48 AM
Dude, seriously, Jedi Mind Tricks :lol

LOL, yeah, everyone has that band/group. I love a lot of the rappers they associate with and the producer is dope as fuck, probably the most under rated producer ever. Not a fan on Vinnie Paz's rhymes - he's always going to kill someone for Allah every track- but they always have so many guests on their tracks so the real rappers make the beats even more enjoyable. Violent by Design and Servants in Heaven, Kings in Hell are some of the most well built hip hop albums of their time.

But I love Reef the Lost Cauze and Apathy, they were touring as AOTP. Got to see them, they were awesome.

Chucho
10-28-2019, 10:51 AM
They never can get the sound quite right or at least when I've seen acts here. Mos Def and MF Doom... wow that would be fucking sick.

Was very, very sick. Mos Def's live band was playing too, so it was definitely better than the average rap concert.

Spurminator
10-28-2019, 01:14 PM
I have seen some great rap concerts though. Kendrick is a great show. Travis Scott was actually really good and I'm not a huge fan. The Watch the Throne tour was solid.

Best one was a private event in 2011 with Jay-Z backed by The Roots.

DAF86
10-28-2019, 02:46 PM

Eminem is decent because he at least puts real musician's to actually play real music live.

johnsmith
10-28-2019, 02:51 PM

I counter that with Beastie Boys in the late 90’s....top 3 concert for me.

AussieFanKurt
10-28-2019, 07:25 PM
Was very, very sick. Mos Def's live band was playing too, so it was definitely better than the average rap concert.

That's so fucking good... jealous

DMC
11-11-2019, 12:12 AM
You couldn't pay me enough to attend a rap concert. Might as well attend a debate, basically the same thing without making up shit just to rhyme.

Trey Gowdy
11-12-2019, 11:12 PM
You couldn't pay me enough to attend a rap concert. Might as well attend a debate, basically the same thing without making up shit just to rhyme.
ok boomer

Blake
11-13-2019, 09:17 AM
ok boomer

:lol

resistanze
11-13-2019, 09:40 PM
I have seen some great rap concerts though. Kendrick is a great show. Travis Scott was actually really good and I'm not a huge fan. The Watch the Throne tour was solid.

Best one was a private event in 2011 with Jay-Z backed by The Roots.

Saw Mos Def's 20th year anniversary concert for Black on Both Sides a few weeks ago, was fantastic. Had guest acts of Souls of Mischief, Busta Rhymes, Erykah Badu and Slick Rick.

AaronY
11-14-2019, 04:14 AM
even non-binary :tu
cant believe you guys still have literally one fucking joke :lol

Chris
11-14-2019, 05:21 AM
cant believe you guys still have literally one fucking joke :lol

didn't know you were non-binary; my bad bro

AaronY
11-14-2019, 09:20 AM
didn't know you were non-binary; my bad bro
Responds to the accusation that he has one joke...with the one joke :lol

Luka Doncic
11-14-2019, 09:22 AM
Responds to the accusation that he has one joke...with the one joke :lol

Luka Doncic
11-14-2019, 09:24 AM
“I have more than one joke! I have the non-binary joke.......and the NPC joke........and the sheeple joke.........and the red pill joke......all very nuanced and different!”

AaronY
11-14-2019, 10:05 AM

Boys gone full Shapiro

AaronY
11-14-2019, 10:06 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D6fAe2JXkAAJPAK?format=jpg&name=small

Chris
11-16-2019, 02:22 PM
https://twitter.com/JerryDunleavy/status/1195708172712984577?s=19

This is pretty cool :hat