PDA

View Full Version : Missing Person Report

Dverde
10-29-2019, 04:09 PM
Have you seen this person? Last spotted at Ross Dress for Less in San Antonio.

Height: 6’7
Weight: 216

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EHnbp7dXkAARD6_?format=jpg&name=large

cd98
10-29-2019, 04:12 PM
I think they are going to send him to the G-League to learn the system.

SpurPadre
10-29-2019, 04:23 PM
Clearly by the way he dresses that he hasn't gotten over himself, tbh.

NASpurs
10-29-2019, 04:32 PM
This dude has tats saying "GQ" on his feet? WTF... I have so many questions.

exstatic
10-29-2019, 04:47 PM
OK, just no. That is so far beyond the yellow shorts and shirt, it's in another galaxy. A clutch purse? GMAFB

koriwhat
10-29-2019, 04:48 PM
Saw him lastnight looking down and out while patting his teammates on the back as they came off the floor. Less belli please!

RC_Drunkford
10-29-2019, 05:32 PM
I actually saw him a view days ago. I think it was in Memphis

https://youtu.be/-s3iIeTDnvo

FkLA
10-29-2019, 05:45 PM

:lol

Glad I'm not the only one that always mixed them up (no racist). Like sometimes when talking about Crowder my mind would have an image of Carroll and vice versa. I honestly had to google him after we signed Carroll to be sure which guy we were getting.

FkLA
10-29-2019, 05:48 PM
Also, SrSwagDaddy strikes me as a dude that might end up broke eventually. The stuff he wears can't be cheap.

Rosewood
10-29-2019, 05:56 PM
:lol is that really how he dresses or was he playing a role of a retarded gay man in a movie I don't know about?

Dverde
10-29-2019, 05:58 PM
:lol is that really how he dresses or was he playing a role of a retarded gay man in a movie I don't know about?

This isn’t some random photo. It’s on his Twitter. It’s like he doesn’t exist anymore.

JuneJive
10-29-2019, 06:43 PM
Dem pants tho

spurraider21
10-29-2019, 06:50 PM
cant tell if srs but those are socks

spurs1990
10-29-2019, 07:04 PM

Glad I'm not the only one that always mixed them up (no racist). Like sometimes when talking about Crowder my mind would have an image of Carroll and vice versa. I honestly had to google him after we signed Carroll to be sure which guy we were getting.

Definitely not the only one. I never knew which one was which until he signed here. Still don't know which is the good one either between him and Jae.

NASpurs
10-29-2019, 07:15 PM

Damn, I was actually serious. /not racist

sananspursfan21
10-29-2019, 07:16 PM
Definitely not the only one. I never knew which one was which until he signed here. Still don't know which is the good one either between him and Jae.

Funny thing, I think they’re a very similar player. Good three point shot, good defense, strong but fairly athletic. Jae is younger though so currently the better player. I think he’d be getting immediate minutes if it were him we signed

Mugen
10-29-2019, 08:49 PM

cd021
10-29-2019, 08:57 PM
Is he wearing one of those shoulder holster things like detectives wore in 90s buddy cop movies? My dude with leather pants like he's Eddie Murphy from Delirious :lmao the clutch purse to tie it all together :lol

cd021
10-29-2019, 09:04 PM
I think they are going to send him to the G-League to learn the system.

That would be outrageous insulting tbh, he looked fine in the preseason but for whatever reason Pop went with a player with sketchy track record and who missed some of training camp and the preseason as the starter.

To add to that Beli is playing over him too. He's better than both yet doesn't look like he's going to play anytime soon unless one of the next 3 are blowouts.

Still, sending him to the G League to get minutes is messed up, he's done nothing to seem to warrant not playing and by all accounts is a great locker room guy who should be able to help defend and space the floor. I don't think it's a system thing at all.

KobesAchilles
10-29-2019, 11:42 PM
Suspects are an old past his prime SJW posing as a coach and a white guy with abnormally large testiculars

Spurtacular
10-30-2019, 12:12 AM
Clearly by the way he dresses that he hasn't gotten over himself, tbh.

Not the ironic statement you may have wanted, tbh.

Spurtacular
10-30-2019, 12:14 AM

A game winning three by Crowder should count as two L's TBH.

twincam
10-30-2019, 10:17 AM
Marco would have pumped fake first, buzzer sound, game over.

RD2191
10-30-2019, 10:23 AM

:lmao :lmao

Big P
10-30-2019, 10:34 AM
It's ok...we only signed him for 3 years and $21 mil...you know, because we don't want to offend any possible future FA's and of course Spurs culture.

Dverde
10-30-2019, 10:45 AM
It's ok...we only signed him for 3 years and $21 mil...you know, because we don't want to offend any possible future FA's and of course Spurs culture.

And they have yesterday’s bread Trey Lyles closing out games...:hang

8FOR!3
10-30-2019, 12:22 PM
It's a bit odd to me that Carroll hasn't played yet. He's the 3&D wing player we kinda really need at the moment. And he's the kind of guy Pop typically gives big minutes to in the role of Bogans/Udoka/Cunningham/etc. etc. and he's played more NBA minutes and is a much better player than any of those guys. I feel like he'd be starting against most teams but we can get away with Lyles as a "center" and Aldridge likes playing PF.

cd98
10-30-2019, 12:41 PM
I'm obviously kidding when I say that he is going to the G-League. But I do think Pop appears to prioritize winning early and going with the guys that have time in the system. My guess is because he knows making the playoffs is going to be tight, so he doesn't want to give any games away getting guys to adjust early on. Basically, jump on the home games. My guess is that the next two nights, we'll see some of the guys that have not played so far. Against the Clippers, we'll probably see Carroll. Against the Warriors, I'd bet we'll see Lonnie. Those are games that we are less likely to win, so why not use those games to incorporate the new players and get them adjusted to the system? That's what I'm assuming.

Dex
10-30-2019, 01:16 PM
It's a bit odd to me that Carroll hasn't played yet. He's the 3&D wing player we kinda really need at the moment. And he's the kind of guy Pop typically gives big minutes to in the role of Bogans/Udoka/Cunningham/etc. etc. and he's played more NBA minutes and is a much better player than any of those guys. I feel like he'd be starting against most teams but we can get away with Lyles as a "center" and Aldridge likes playing PF.

I get the feeling that he is not at full health...whether that means he is dealing with a nagging injury or just out of shape is undetermined.

I have a hard time thinking that a vet like him would really struggle with learning the system so badly that Pop would already have him in the doghouse after giving him $32M over 2.

8FOR!3
10-30-2019, 05:46 PM
I get the feeling that he is not at full health...whether that means he is dealing with a nagging injury or just out of shape is undetermined.

I have a hard time thinking that a vet like him would really struggle with learning the system so badly that Pop would already have him in the doghouse after giving him $32M over 2.

I don't think he's in the doghouse, but if Lyles is the only other guy besides Poeltl that Pop can start at center (obviously avoiding making Aldridge the starting center) and Pop is set on giving Mills/Belinelli minutes to start the season then I can see how there just isn't room in the rotation for Carroll at least until he earns minutes over Belinelli (which should happen probably) or in the future he'll take Belinelli's spot or when Gay leaves.

UZER
10-30-2019, 05:51 PM
The soul box bit from Game of Zones a few years back was so spot on.

spurs1990
10-30-2019, 06:00 PM

2 years $13mill originally.

That new Spurs GM made three consecutive blunders:
1) Agreed to terms with a known malcontent hothead in Morris
2) Traded Bertans for nothing to free up room for Morris
3) Added more years/money to Carroll's deal to make room for Morris

Boy we're in some good hands with that young fellow.

TD 21
10-30-2019, 06:35 PM
I feel like he'd be starting against most teams but we can get away with Lyles as a "center" and Aldridge likes playing PF.

but if Lyles is the only other guy besides Poeltl that Pop can start at center (obviously avoiding making Aldridge the starting center)

So you think because of some silly listing/pseudo designation that Lyles is the "center" and Aldridge is the "power forward"?

Lyles over Carroll has nothing to do with that and everything to do with their preference to start as traditionally as possible. Also, they haven't needed a big wing defender so far and Carroll is even more gimpy than Gay. They might as well find out immediately if Lyles can do a passable impersonation of a starting four (if he keeps up his big man version of fathead routine, no chance) or more likely, if they need to look to swing a trade for one.

JPB
10-30-2019, 06:54 PM
I don't think he's in the doghouse, but if Lyles is the only other guy besides Poeltl that Pop can start at center (obviously avoiding making Aldridge the starting center) and Pop is set on giving Mills/Belinelli minutes to start the season then I can see how there just isn't room in the rotation for Carroll at least until he earns minutes over Belinelli (which should happen probably) or in the future he'll take Belinelli's spot or when Gay leaves.

I would get that but that's something I suppose they thought about BEFORE signing him...

We're not talking about a 15th guy here to make the number and they knew what they had with him. As Dex noted, you don't give 32M over two years to a guy if you don't imagined a place for him in your rotation... before suddenly realizing 'oops, sorry we were wrong...".

He'll have his time, a versatile vet like that can be precious depending on match ups and win you a few games

Allan Rowe vs Wade
10-30-2019, 07:00 PM
2 years $13mill originally.

That new Spurs GM made three consecutive blunders:
1) Agreed to terms with a known malcontent hothead in Morris
2) Traded Bertans for nothing to free up room for Morris
3) Added more years/money to Carroll's deal to make room for Morris

Boy we're in some good hands with that young fellow.

morris gave the spurs a no-lube no-reach-around fuck. can’t blame GMillennial for dettt one.

Dverde
10-30-2019, 07:12 PM
morris gave the spurs a no-lube no-reach-around fuck. can’t blame GMillennial for dettt one.

They could have gotten him to do his physical and sign his contract within a week or sooner. Not trade Bertrans until the day the contract is signed. If the contract is signed. He can’t back out.

RC_Drunkford
10-30-2019, 07:48 PM
If we don't see Carroll against the Clippers we won't see him anytime soon. Pop might want to play him to defend Kawhi. If he doesn't he's definitely in the dog house. And he played for coach Bud at Atlanta, so he's very familiar with the system.

EasyMoney
10-30-2019, 07:53 PM
They could have gotten him to do his physical and sign his contract within a week or sooner. Not trade Bertrans until the day the contract is signed. If the contract is signed. He can’t back out.

Are contracts allowed to be signed under the moratorium period?
Edit: https://www.nba.com/free-agency-explained according to this link, no contracts are allowed to be signed if you are a free agent during the period. Sounds stupid. If a person agrees to sign then let them sign officially instead of waiting. But what do I know