PDA

View Full Version : Blackout games on YouTube TV?

Frank Dux
10-30-2019, 08:44 AM
Anybody know if YouTube TV blacks out Spurs games on Fox Sports SW if you’re located in market (e.g. San Antonio, Austin, etc.)?

210baller
10-30-2019, 09:26 AM
they do not.

Light
10-30-2019, 09:42 AM
No blackouts. I'm in Austin and was able to see the last game against the Blazers.

Frank Dux
10-30-2019, 10:30 AM
Awesome. Thank you for the responses.

emmo
10-30-2019, 11:14 AM
I don’t think the upcoming Clippers game is on in Austin except in sports bars. When KENS in SA carries the game, FSSW doesn’t carry it, per an NBA broadcasting agreement, which screws Austin fans.

EDIT: This goes no matter how you get FSSW, YouTube TV included.

SpurSpike
10-30-2019, 11:46 AM
I don’t think the upcoming Clippers game is on in Austin except in sports bars. When KENS in SA carries the game, FSSW doesn’t carry it, per an NBA broadcasting agreement, which screws Austin fans.

Kens5 has an app available for roku that they stream the games on. It wasn't working for the 1st 2 games due to technical difficulties but they say it will be up for the Clippers game on the 31'st. I have Hulu live and even with that and it having kens 5 it still blocks the channel when the game airs, have no idea why... I'm hoping the Kens5 app will work this time!

emmo
10-30-2019, 12:06 PM
Kens5 has an app available for roku that they stream the games on. It wasn't working for the 1st 2 games due to technical difficulties but they say it will be up for the Clippers game on the 31'st. I have Hulu live and even with that and it having kens 5 it still blocks the channel when the game airs, have no idea why... I'm hoping the Kens5 app will work this time!

Thanks dude! I’ll look into this.

Arcadian
10-30-2019, 12:10 PM
League Pass was doing a "free access" period last week, which did not black out games in Austin. Not sure if that's still going. (If not, and LP blacks out the game, then even sports bars won't be able to show it.)

Honestly, this should be a TNT game with the dynamic of Kawhi vs. Spurs, rather than the shitty Pelicans without Zion.

ChumpDumper
10-30-2019, 12:11 PM

EDIT: This goes no matter how you get FSSW, YouTube TV included.If the game is scheduled to air on KENS or KMYS in San Antonio, it usually airs on KBVO in Austin. If you don't have cable it can be difficult to get with an antenna as the transmitter is too far west of town.

Arcadian
10-30-2019, 12:16 PM
Interesting...is that available to everyone free, or does it ask you to login to your cable provider account? And if so, would that even work for people who use Youtube TV?

SpurSpike
10-30-2019, 02:38 PM
Interesting...is that available to everyone free, or does it ask you to login to your cable provider account? And if so, would that even work for people who use Youtube TV?

I think so, i never remember having to log into anything. CBS is a free broadcast you can get with an antenna if i'm not mistaken so i wouldn't see why it would require you to log in with a cable subscription. Since Kens5 has the rights to this game i don't think they would care where you are or who your cable provider is so long as you are watching the game on their channel/app.

I got the info from this article, i have never used the app to stream the games myself (it wasn't working for the 1st 2 games as stated in the article below). I was just desperate on the season opener looking for a way to watch the game and stumbled across this news post that says Kens 5 streams the game on their app.
https://www.kens5.com/article/sports/nba/spurs/watch-san-antonio-spurs-vs-new-york-knicks/273-6f84110e-0c3a-406b-a362-01270d20edbd

I ended up using an illegal stream for the season opener... one that happened to freeze every time the Spurs had the ball :bang

Ed Helicopter Jones
10-30-2019, 03:24 PM
League Pass was doing a "free access" period last week, which did not black out games in Austin. Not sure if that's still going. (If not, and LP blacks out the game, then even sports bars won't be able to show it.)

Honestly, this should be a TNT game with the dynamic of Kawhi vs. Spurs, rather than the shitty Pelicans without Zion.

Yeah, all the nationally televised Pelicans games this year is a fvcking joke.

BacktoBasics
10-30-2019, 03:47 PM

EDIT: This goes no matter how you get FSSW, YouTube TV included.Same thing in Corpus Christi. Hopefully this KENS thing works. I really hate missing games.

Arcadian
10-30-2019, 06:12 PM
Yeah, all the nationally televised Pelicans games this year is a fvcking joke.

TV networks should have the option of changing their schedules according to circumstances, especially for a sport in which an injury to one player can completely change the public's viewing interest.

FkLA
10-30-2019, 08:20 PM
Why would they do that? :lol

They're basically the streaming version of a cable provider. I had to get YouTubeTV because DISH lost the Fox Sports regional channels. Watched the Portland game just fine, tbh.

paperboy77
10-30-2019, 08:40 PM

..... and Corpus Christi fans! Don't get Houston games either (Grande)

ChumpDumper
10-30-2019, 11:06 PM
..... and Corpus Christi fans! Don't get Houston games either (Grande)Austin fans with cable aren't screwed, but yeah -- Corpus is screwed.

emmo
10-31-2019, 06:46 AM
Austin fans with cable aren't screwed, but yeah -- Corpus is screwed.

Good tip about Austin. Thanks. I’ll give it a try, although I use YouTube TV and live pretty Far East Austin, so hopefully I can pick KBVO via antennae.

BacktoBasics
10-31-2019, 09:36 PM
I don’t see shit on Kens app to watch the game. This blackout mess beyond antiquated.

Arcadian
10-31-2019, 09:52 PM
I guess League Pass isn't blocking Spurs games in Austin anymore! This one is showing too.

SpurSpike
10-31-2019, 10:15 PM
I don’t see shit on Kens app to watch the game. This blackout mess beyond antiquated.

Yeah, me either.... Its working to stream from my pc on kens5 website. Here is link good luck.

https://www.kens5.com/article/sports/nba/spurs/san-antonio-spurs-game-live-stream-kens-5-official-station/273-a1ba8ff8-f157-4e14-b010-e8f1739e99c9

Wont go full screen with chrome but i'm using explorer and it lets me.

TimDunkem
10-31-2019, 10:53 PM
I can't watch it through PS Vue and I live in San Antonio. Fucking shame.

Barfunk
10-31-2019, 11:22 PM
Lmao, ok just block the game from the die hard fans who want to watch it. Makes perfect sense, smh.