PDA

View Full Version : Random Thoughts Before Spurs @ Clippers - Oct 31, 2019

timvp
10-31-2019, 04:06 PM
https://www.spurstalk.com/game-preview-san-antonio-spurs-kawhi-leonard-los-angeles-clippers/

tl;dr: Nephew is getting even better and this will be a good test for the Spurs.

Rosewood
10-31-2019, 04:19 PM
We're winning this by 8.

Fireball
10-31-2019, 04:26 PM
excellent preview .... will go to bed now and probably wake up at halftime ... that is what I call load management

TDomination
10-31-2019, 04:36 PM
if dejounte and white were both playing 30 minutes then i would say that we can definitely win.
but right now we will need to be hot from 3 to have a chance. we'll see.

Allan Rowe vs Wade
10-31-2019, 04:40 PM
Bryn is going to be hotter than a pistol and show why PATFO picked him over Kawhi and George

John B
10-31-2019, 04:50 PM
Demar playing chip on his shoulder. He will try to outplay nephew. Aldridge has the mismatch and should capitalize. We might see Carroll for the 1st time putting body on nephew or Harrell. Spurs by 9. GSG!

Phenomanul
10-31-2019, 05:21 PM
https://www.spurstalk.com/game-preview-san-antonio-spurs-kawhi-leonard-los-angeles-clippers/

tl;dr: Nephew is getting even better and this will be a good test for the Spurs.

Great read as always timvp.

Hopefully Lonnie IV is given some minutes as a back-up defender on Lou Williams. We'll see if the Kens5 app works and lets me watch the game.

Found typo you might want to correct:

"If there was any internal debate about which game Murray should skip, that probably ended after Stephen Curry broke his hand. Now it’s clear that Murray should play against the Clippers and then sit against the short-handed Warriors, who were already struggled mightily before Curry even got hurt."

ducks
10-31-2019, 05:24 PM
Leonard rested and clippers tanked to beat spurs tonight
Spurs win I would be impressed

Coach X
10-31-2019, 05:50 PM
I didn't notice this thread, I just wrote this in the game thread:

https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=281658&p=9960767&viewfull=1#post9960767

8FOR!3
10-31-2019, 06:48 PM
I would probably predict Clippers to win this comfortably but hopefully not a blowout. We're still in the process of figuring out who we are as a team and the Clippers meanwhile are probably going to be a problem on defense tonight and Kawhi is well rested tonight and in full Kawhi mode. First game where we could really use a wing defender out there *cough* DC *cough*. Wonder if Pop tries White/Murray on him.

spurs10
10-31-2019, 06:51 PM
Great preview. Due to being out of the country this will be the first game I get to watch. I hope all the Spurs play with a chip on their shoulder and give us a game.

ZeusWillJudge
10-31-2019, 07:56 PM
Good writeup, as always. I think you're right. Regardless of what anyone says, Leonard took a whole year off and then spent the next year in heavy load management. If he still needs load management this year, it's a long-term condition. I saw Grant Hill get over an injury that I thought would never heal, so I guess anything is possible. But right now it looks like an odds-on bet that this is with him from now on.

The problem is, he's still so damn good. I dislike the bastard intensely, but you have to give credit where it's due.

Degoat
10-31-2019, 08:03 PM
Feel like we could see some carrol tonight, wish it would be Lonnie tho

acoelho1
10-31-2019, 09:17 PM

I think I was more shocked when he left Toronto. All the love and support the entire nation gave him but he still walked. I think the flying back to Toronto and going to the baseball game was just for show to make it seem like it was a tough choice for him. The injury is funny to me to in that no one in the media has even suggested that it's the same injury. It's like the narrative that the Spurs messed up is still treated as factual.

Unfortunately, I also agree that they have to be the favorites. Obviously, KL & PG are 2 way monsters but their role players are really good and more importantly, tough and defensive minded.

GAustex
10-31-2019, 09:31 PM
Is there anyone on the Spurs that is tough and defensive minded?
White-not so tough
Gay-not defensive minded
Jakob-maybe?

GAustex
10-31-2019, 09:37 PM
Is there anyone on the Spurs that is tough and defensive minded?
White-not so tough
Gay-not defensive minded
Jakob-maybe?
Crap who is the last Spur who was tough and defensive minded
Baynes?

barakz21
10-31-2019, 09:38 PM
Sad I got work tomorrow, and that I live in the east coast. Please, for the love of the holy trinity of Tim, Tony and Manu.. give me a link to be able to rewatch the game.