Marcus Bryant
11-01-2005, 11:09 PM
...TP led the Spurs with 26 points.

Sense
11-01-2005, 11:10 PM
I think we noticed. Thanks anyways.

DisplacedSpursFan
11-01-2005, 11:11 PM
I was VERY encouraged by TP's shooting tonight. Hope this is the start of a big year for him!

Marcus Bryant
11-01-2005, 11:11 PM
Apparently not.

nkdlunch
11-02-2005, 12:16 AM
I hadn't noticed. Great job Tony!

smeagol
11-02-2005, 12:18 AM
TP was awesome, specially in the 4Q.

SA210
11-02-2005, 12:41 AM
Go Tony!!!

T Park
11-02-2005, 12:51 AM
nice job of bagging those outside shots.

Defense was good as always.

I thought he dissapeared in 4th quarters.

Wait a minute, he had 14?

Where is brewski??

Prob right here after bad game numero 1.

E20
11-02-2005, 12:52 AM
It said during the game that Chip England was attached to Tony more than Eva, the boi is catching on to his jumper.

samikeyp
11-02-2005, 12:56 AM
Could Tony finally end up as the "Dollar Player" we all hope he will be? (Good for four quarters :) )

T Park
11-02-2005, 12:58 AM
He was only good for 2 tonight.

But it was the 3rd and 4th.

I don't knock tony hardly at all.

Kids 23, hes doing more at 23 than alot of guys did.

Parker will challenge for an all star spot this year.

mattyc
11-02-2005, 08:30 AM
Parker did the same. Having spent considerable time working with new shooting coach Chip Engelland — who left the Nuggets to join the Spurs — he showed off his improved stroke. Duncan said he noticed Parker stepping into his shot more.

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/basketball/nba/spurs/stories/MYSA110205.1C.BKNspurs.nuggets.gamer.1cae15e9.html

Joepa
11-02-2005, 08:33 AM
I would prefer that Tony not score 26 points and actually play the PG position more consistently.

The image I have in my mind from last year of TP was him slashing into the lane, getting an "Oh Crap!" look on his face and tossing it back out to the top of the key.

When I see the guy getting 8 assists a game consistently, I'll recognize that he's arrived. As of right now, we have two shooting PGs in NVE and TP.

lilmads
11-02-2005, 08:35 AM
Tony's getting there.. His shots have improved a lot... During training camp he was the only was missing a bunch of them... But he seems to work well with Engelland because he's taking smarter shots and getting the ball in:)

ducks
11-02-2005, 09:07 AM
tp's points were needed

tp scored 14 in 4 quarter to rally the troops

yeah tony sure sucked tonight

it is his fault the spurs came out flat

SWC Bonfire
11-02-2005, 09:15 AM
I was surprized that he had 0 assists for most of the first half. Strange for a point guard.

Marcus Bryant
11-02-2005, 09:48 AM
I would prefer that Tony not score 26 points and actually play the PG position more consistently.

The image I have in my mind from last year of TP was him slashing into the lane, getting an "Oh Crap!" look on his face and tossing it back out to the top of the key.

When I see the guy getting 8 assists a game consistently, I'll recognize that he's arrived. As of right now, we have two shooting PGs in NVE and TP.

I was surprized that he had 0 assists for most of the first half. Strange for a point guard.

Not surprising given the offensive system the Spurs run. TP is never going to be one of the league's top assist men since the offense is premised on ball movement, finding the open man and, of course, giving it to TD and letting him go to work.

MI21
11-02-2005, 10:02 AM
I only have the option of watching most games on live stats (until my DVD's of games arrive few weeks after the actual game), but it seems like there were 5/6 long range jumpshots he made.

I found it strange that he hardly got a mention on here, especially considering that like Timmy, he usually starts kinda slow.

ducks
11-02-2005, 10:05 AM
tony had a good game

manu was hurt and not feeling it
tp therefore shot more

when manu is on fire you let him shoot more
this team is deep but the spurs main 3 players are duncan,manu and tp
when one of them struggles the one of the other ones have to score more

MaNuMaNiAc
11-02-2005, 10:08 AM
Whoever doesn't give props to TP for having bailed us out in last nights game is a hater, plain and simple!

mouse
11-02-2005, 10:15 AM
...TP led the Spurs with 26 points.

http://spookytoothcycles.com/buglehorn71-4chrome.jpg

Notorious H.O.P.
11-02-2005, 10:23 AM
Not surprising given the offensive system the Spurs run. TP is never going to be one of the league's top assist men since the offense is premised on ball movement, finding the open man and, of course, giving it to TD and letting him go to work.

I would readily buy that before but since the Spurs are running more and more motion offense and have stacked the bench with additional firepower, I don't think it is outside of the realm of possibillity that Tony can average 8 assists a game.

That being said, I still want him to play to the strengths of his game and as long as he can keep others involved in the offense, I don't mind if he looks for his shot since that also helps open up other scoring opportunities for others.

genghisrex
11-02-2005, 10:32 AM

When Tony's shooting 65% his scoring is more valuable to us than his passing; he was more efficient last night than Duncan. I would expect to see more assists on normal nights when Tony's in the 45-50% range, but if he's on fire, fire away.