PDA

View Full Version : KEEP STEPHEN JACKSON

Cassius Clay
07-23-2003, 01:40 AM
The Spurs need to do what they can to get their offseason business finished up soon. There are still teams sitting out there with mid level exceptions (ie Houston) and even more like Denver and Utah who may feel compelled to throw some money at a young hard working SG/SF like SJax.

Do what it takes to get Speedy back, sign Piatkowski if that is in the offing, and then retain SJax.

The young championship core is kept together, the Spurs have a servicable starting center, and their bench is improved. Things could be worse.

grjr
07-23-2003, 01:43 AM
What is the most you give Stephen for 3 years?

ChumpDumper
07-23-2003, 01:45 AM
Houston isn't going to use their MLE, they might not even macth the MLE-ish offer to Posey.

Cassius Clay
07-23-2003, 01:52 AM
The shortest would be a 3 year deal and I would think starting at $4 million. Losing a 6'8" swingman with big game experience at his age wouldn't be a good idea.

A team like Denver concerns me. They've supposedly had some interest in him. No need to leave him on the table.

As for Houston, they have the allure of being close to his hometown and they'd have the need for a 3...

ChumpDumper
07-23-2003, 01:57 AM
It's pretty safe to take 25% off any of SF's valuations to get the approximate market value of a Spur.

Cassius Clay
07-23-2003, 02:16 AM
Jack is worth more than $3 mil starting. It's safe to say you are undervaluing him.

grjr
07-23-2003, 02:23 AM
Jack won't be starting next year and I say he's worth about $2-2.5 mill in the first year of a 3 year contract.

Cassius Clay
07-23-2003, 02:24 AM
Then he's gone if the Spurs make such an offer.

grjr
07-23-2003, 02:32 AM
I may be wrong but I don't think the rest of the league shares our evaluation of Jack. Who would he get a higher offer from? You don't think other teams saw him get yanked 2 minutes into some of the playoff games?

T Park Num 9
07-23-2003, 02:35 AM
Denver dumbass.

Try to follow the forum a little more clueless.

Hes ranked int he top 5 of Bucher's FA class with Speedy numba 1.

Jack is wanted by some teams.

Spurs gotta bust there azz to get him back.

Cassius Clay
07-23-2003, 02:37 AM
Denver, for one. They can plug Jack in at the 2 and with Dre Miller and Melo on the perimeter a young guy like Jack who can knock down shots and run the floor would be a nice fit.

Jack's worth $4 mil starting in this league in which $5 mil is the average salary. It's not like he's at the peak of his game yet.

Shit, if Claxton is worth $3 mil how exactly is Jack worth less?

grjr
07-23-2003, 02:40 AM
T Park...I have never called anyone names in this or any other forum and I would appreciate it if you did the same to me.

If you have an opinion that differs from mine then write it in a respectable form and I will repond.

Thanks
jr

KoriEllis
07-23-2003, 05:51 AM
I think Stephen Jackson will get some offer close to 3 year/$12M. Right now though, his agent is being a little bit of a jerk and things aren't progressing perfectly. But we can sign Jack last, so hopefully it will be taken care of soon.

MissAllThat
07-23-2003, 05:53 AM
Jax's agent is the one that has given the Spurs problems in the past, right?

KoriEllis
07-23-2003, 05:58 AM
Yes, Fegan. He's the one who rep'd Lamond Murray when he pulled out after verbally committing to SA. He also told Shandon Anderson not to sign with the Spurs.

kohai
07-23-2003, 12:52 PM
???? Kori, I thought that Lamond's agent was Arn Tellem, and that the feud goes on until this day.

Fegen is the same type of dumbass, though. He ripped
Anderson and Eisely away from Utah, and neither prospered afterwards....at least not gamewise.

Milton
07-24-2003, 04:51 AM
Don't let me down Spurs & Jack.

Ghost Writer
07-24-2003, 10:43 AM
With all this money, how could we leave Jack out to dry?

I am disgusted at the front office.

Nice offseason, @ssh0les.

:cooldevil

Marcus Bryant
07-24-2003, 10:44 AM
That's because Jack's agent decided to **** with the Spurs. See Fegan, Donald.

Ghost Writer
07-24-2003, 10:49 AM
We have oodles of money.

We should retain Jackson.

Period.

Marcus Bryant
07-24-2003, 10:51 AM
Well maybe that will happen.

scott
07-24-2003, 10:52 AM
We don't have oodles of money anymore.

Jimcs50
07-24-2003, 10:52 AM
Is Jackson gone???? If he is , where did he go? Does anyone have intel that states if SA has decided to let him go? Losing Speedy is ok and not a big deal, but I think we need Jackson.

Ghost Writer
07-24-2003, 10:57 AM
I don't like our roster right now.

Too much finesse. Not enough balla.

If you thought we were soft before, wait 'til next year.

Jack must be brought back.

Marcus Bryant
07-24-2003, 10:59 AM
I don't like our roster right now.

Too much finesse. Not enough balla.

???? :lol Oh damn, the Spurs don't have "enough balla." WTF?

scott
07-24-2003, 11:02 AM
But, should Hedo start ahead of Bowen (which I wouldn't anticipate, at least not this year)- we would have a starting 5 absent a single American born player.

Can non-Americans be ballas? Except for some melanin, Manu and Hedo seem like ballas. Quit being such a fucking racist, Ghost.

Jimcs50
07-24-2003, 11:04 AM
The Spurs really are not going to be as physical with this Euro theme they are putting together, so Ghost is right in that they need Jax to give some semblance of American bball.

MannyIsGod
07-24-2003, 11:04 AM
I don't get it, you bitch at a one year 5 mil contract for horry that comes off the books right away, yet you are willing to lock up more money with Jax long term at a spot where he's the 3rd best player on our team now?

I really don't get that shit.

Jimcs50
07-24-2003, 11:06 AM
Scott that is not being racist, that is being pragmatic.

Jimcs50
07-24-2003, 11:08 AM
Why do you say Jax is 3rd best 2 guard???? Hell, he is just as good as Manu and I do not even know who else you are referring to Manny. ??????

scott
07-24-2003, 11:09 AM
yet you are willing to lock up more money with Jax long term at a spot where he's the 3rd best player on our team now?

Ghost opperates under the assumption that Duncan > Jack >Everyone Else

Ghost Writer
07-24-2003, 11:09 AM
scott, fvck you, you stupid white bread dope.

You're thrilled because the team is whiter.

I'm pissed because if you're counting on guys like Turkyglu, Nesterovic or Mercer to get fired up and will the team to win like Claxton and Jackson have done for us, you're sadly mistaken.

Turkyglu sucked last year, by the way.

MannyIsGod
07-24-2003, 11:10 AM
I deffinetly think Manu is better than Jax, and If anything, Hideo = Jax.

Thats debateable, I'll give you that, but eitehr way, even if you make an arguement for Jax, Hideo isn't any worse for us.

I love Jax, and I want him on this team. I just wish he didn't have a dickhead agent.

Marcus Bryant
07-24-2003, 11:10 AM
Ghost, you bring nothing to this forum. Be gone.

scott
07-24-2003, 11:11 AM
You're thrilled because the team is whiter.

We are Piatkowski away from the dream team.

MannyIsGod
07-24-2003, 11:11 AM
Jax is in large part a byproduct of the system, do not forget that.

Hideo suffered last year in a very deep Sac team, given playing time he will excel, count on that.

Ghost Writer
07-24-2003, 11:14 AM
You can't tell me sh1t, Marcus. Everything I've warned about during this Holt-ing Pattern and you've argued against is coming to fruition.

On paper, our team is barely on par with Minnesota at this point!

So much for your blockbuster summer.

We could've had Artest and Mercer for Smitty two f'ing years ago.

Our team is back to being a bunch of softies.

Oh yeah, the team is going to be a lot more exciting next season, let me tell you.

Disturbing.

Marcus Bryant
07-24-2003, 11:14 AM
We know that scott is all about having white teams. Yeah. Ghost, shouldn't you be working on your summer reading for that big move to the high school this fall?

Jimcs50
07-24-2003, 11:15 AM
We do not need more white men on the team....Hell, white men do not even look good wearing those championship rings anyway.

MannyIsGod
07-24-2003, 11:15 AM
Well ghost, if we played the games on paper, Portland woudl have a dynasty woudln't they?

scott
07-24-2003, 11:16 AM
If would trade Duncan + Parker for Dirk + Nash, our starting 5 would be L33T

Rasho
Dirk
Hedo
Manu
Nash

scott
07-24-2003, 11:18 AM
white men do not even look good wearing those championship rings anyway.

Mrs. Kerr disagrees with you.

Ghost Writer
07-24-2003, 11:21 AM
Crack all the jokes you want.

One of the Spurs' weaknesses over the years was a reputation of being soft.

Do you think we're tougher now?

Question.

Jimcs50
07-24-2003, 11:23 AM
Hell no, we are soft as Dairy Queen soft serve cones. Shaq and co. will roll over us like we were not even there. I doubt if we even get a rebound this year.

MannyIsGod
07-24-2003, 11:24 AM
lmao.

I'm not going to address this, someone else do it.

(i expect to be called a coward now)

:next3

ducks
07-24-2003, 11:28 AM
yes the spurs are tougher

they have a a legitamate shot at the title

what does color have to do with toughness

ps

I thought you liked MERCER Ghost?

Ghost Writer
07-24-2003, 11:29 AM
Terrific post, Manny. Keep the hits coming.

Why don't you be a good little girl and go back to being a barnacle on Marcus's @ss?

Is this team tougher than last year?

Question.

Marcus Bryant
07-24-2003, 12:13 PM
Ghost, you bring up the most idiotic points. The sad thing (and I must admit - the most entertaining) aspect of this is that you actually seem to think you have a significant point. Trust me, there's nothing of real value when it comes to "ballas" and "soft reputations" but you don't seem to understand that. If you were 12 years old we here could understand that. But as it stands you are one fucked up twentysomething without a clue.

Get lost, you add nothing here.

MannyIsGod
07-24-2003, 12:17 PM
We haven't lost jax yet, After reading what speedy said, I say that's addition by subtraction toughness wise.

tougher? no. Did we lose toughness? no.

I'm just tired of responding to things that everyone here already knows except you ghost, it gets old.

Say whatever you want, but you're the only one here taking a pessemistic view on this trade, the ONLY one.

Spurminator
07-24-2003, 12:19 PM
We had a reputation for being soft. This deal does nothing to change that "reputation." But I give two flying shits about reputation.

Did we have a softness problem last year? Even in the Playoff games that we lost, or we almost let get away... was it due to a lack of physical toughness?? Or was it due to turnovers and not putting the ball in the freaking hoop?

Let them call us soft again. We'll just have to softly win another god damned championship.

http://www.ooze.com/finger/assets/images/jcash.jpg

Ghost Writer
07-24-2003, 12:20 PM
Fvck you, Marcus. Without Claxton and Jackson, we were shook in the 4th quarters against LA. With them, we won.

Go fvck yourself.

Marcus Bryant
07-24-2003, 12:32 PM
:lol

Oh no. Poor Ghost is getting mad. He might have to go punch one out in the office restroom again.

effthelakers
07-24-2003, 12:45 PM
I dont know Ghost personally, but I was wondering is he an angry black guy with a chip on his shoulder because these euro white guys are so much better at basketball than he could ever dream of being? .......Or is he like that dude from Malibus Most Wanted?:fro