PDA

View Full Version : Dan Patrick Sucks: Daylight Savings Edition

FuzzyLumpkins
11-04-2019, 04:40 PM
Well today was the first full day of the switchover. Statistics show significant increases in car accidents, heart attacks, strokes, and suicides while there is a marked decrease in work productivity in the week following a switchover.

For this and other reasons it is unpopular in today's age of electric light. This is evidenced by the most recent Texas house bill allowing Texans to decide to keep or lose the system passed 133-6.

Lt Governor Dan Patrick wouldn't let it into Senate committee killing it and GOP Senator Huffman killed any Senate bills from seeing the floor out of the State Affairs committee.

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/politics/2019/05/20/keep-springing-forward-falling-back-vote-on-daylight-saving-or-standard-time-dies-in-texas-senate/

Blake
11-04-2019, 06:02 PM
Yeah standard time completely blows. The sun's almost gone already and it's just past 5p

GAustex
11-04-2019, 06:32 PM
If I had my preference I would stick with DST.
I like longer light at the end of the day.

GAustex
11-04-2019, 06:34 PM
In Texas they ought to think about standard time in the summer so the sun goes down sooner and it will be cooler at bedtime.

SnakeBoy
11-04-2019, 07:04 PM
Texas GOP believes in moving forward

FrostKing
11-05-2019, 01:43 AM
Daylight Savings was "invented" in WW1 by the Germans & AustriaHungary to conserve coal consumption

I prefer extra sunlight to end the day but I'm not a wake up at crack of dawn person.

FuzzyLumpkins
11-05-2019, 02:03 AM
Daylight Savings was "invented" in WW1 by the Germans & AustriaHungary to conserve coal consumption

I prefer extra sunlight to end the day but I'm not a wake up at crack of dawn person.

No, it was proposed by a UK scientist some 30 years before WW1. The Germans were just the first state to implement it.

It's still leads to loss of productivity and has health and public safety detriments. It's shit and not worth it.

Blake
11-05-2019, 02:05 AM
Ben Franklin brought it up once

spurraider21
11-05-2019, 02:37 AM
Ben Franklin brought it up once
i like National Treasure tbh

Chris
11-05-2019, 02:58 AM
It's terrible, I feed my dog at the same times every day 12 and 7 and he knows when its time but daylight savings throws everything off. Think of all the people who lost their jobs because of this shit. That alone should squash it by theory.