PDA

View Full Version : Should the Spurs retire Patty Mills Jersey assuming he retires as a spur?

apalisoc_9
11-05-2019, 03:08 AM
He is very likely going to retire as a spur with 2 finals appearances and a championship.

avery jersey is retired.

RC_Drunkford
11-05-2019, 05:14 AM
You should've asked will they retire his jersey. Cause they will for sure. They shouldn't though

r0drig0lac
11-05-2019, 05:53 AM
You should've asked will they retire his jersey. Cause they will for sure. They shouldn't though

Texas eye
11-05-2019, 07:50 AM
No. He will retire a spur but not have a jersey hung up. Probably will transition to the coaching staff.

Spurs fever
11-05-2019, 09:44 AM
I can see them doing it. Even players that been here for five minutes are getting tribute videos.

Bynumite
11-05-2019, 10:02 AM
I don't see why not. Bruce Bowen did, so why not Patty Mills or even the guy that works the hot dog concession stand in the arena?

The bar seems to be set pretty low down in Fat Antonio.

duncan2k5
11-05-2019, 10:28 AM
No...bruce bosen contributed significantly to multiple championships ...we could have not had patty on the team in 2014 and no one would have noticed...he isnt even a great roleplayer...bruce was elite in his role...his name was known all over the nba as the guy who is gonna male u have a long night...no ome knows nor cares about patty mills outside of his household...even spurs fans hate him...we loved bruce up until retirement...no comparison

jjktkk
11-05-2019, 10:57 AM
He is very likely going to retire as a spur with 2 finals appearances and a championship.

avery jersey is retired.

Don't you get enough attention at home? Oh and OP is a faggot.

MaNu4Tres
11-05-2019, 11:00 AM
Bruce Bowen was an All NBA defender for years.

He did much more than Patty on the floor even though the PPG stat casuals love does not depict that.

As for AJ, he was huge in the community in South Texas for the Spurs for years with Pop ( moreso than any other Spur in 90s). He was also a much better player than Patty.

Patty doesnt deserve it.

sananspursfan21
11-05-2019, 11:10 AM
I don't see why not. Bruce Bowen did, so why not Patty Mills or even the guy that works the hot dog concession stand in the arena?

The bar seems to be set pretty low down in Fat Antonio.

Lousy troll is lousy tbh

MultiTroll
11-05-2019, 11:41 AM
Statue.

With coffee cup in hand?

BatManu20
11-05-2019, 12:03 PM
Lulz.

Pop loves him some Patty but Aldridge has a better chance of seeing his jersey in the rafters and that ain’t happening either.

spurraider21
11-05-2019, 12:25 PM
:fishing

OldMan88
11-05-2019, 12:42 PM
No, although I like him and appreciate his contributions to the team. There are others who have had a greater impact who shouldn’t have their jerseys retired.

Allan Rowe vs Wade
11-05-2019, 12:46 PM
retire op tbh

cd021
11-05-2019, 01:14 PM
I think he's deserving tbh, he'll likely finish with more than 1100 3's, 650 games as a Spur and would be one of only a handful of players to play 10 years for the Spurs.

Also was key in helping us close out the Heat in 2014.

cd021
11-05-2019, 01:19 PM
Lulz.

Pop loves him some Patty but Aldridge has a better chance of seeing his jersey in the rafters and that ain’t happening either.

If he makes the all-star team this year that'll be 4 appearances in 5 years with the Spurs. 2nd highest scoring game in team history too. This is jersey retirement not the hall of fame, he'll probably get #12 retired.

Nivek_ogre
11-05-2019, 02:17 PM
Might as well retire matt Bonners jersey. Fuck it. Let's get Vinny del negro up there too.

cd98
11-05-2019, 03:38 PM
He was a key part of the Beautiful Game season, but has he had a moment that stuck out as a Spur? I kind of feel like you have to have at least a defining moment to get your jersey retired if you were not a superstar for that franchise.

TD 21
11-05-2019, 04:33 PM
I think he's deserving tbh, he'll likely finish with more than 1100 3's, 650 games as a Spur and would be one of only a handful of players to play 10 years for the Spurs.

Also was key in helping us close out the Heat in 2014.

And? This is a historically great franchise, so the standards for this honor should reflect that. He shouldn't even receive considering, but I wouldn't put it past them to retire it.

I wouldn't even retire Aldridge's jersey. Let irrelevant, wannabe franchises have mediocre-low standards.

Every franchise in the big 4 should have a Ring of Honor, so that these types (this is where Moore, Silas, Elliott, Johnson, Bowen should reside too) can receive some sort of honor, but not the top one. That should either be reserved for greatness or some sort of sentiment, like DeRozan to the Raptors (the one prominent player who wanted to stay).

cd021
11-07-2019, 08:10 PM
And? This is a historically great franchise, so the standards for this honor should reflect that. He shouldn't even receive considering, but I wouldn't put it past them to retire it.

I wouldn't even retire Aldridge's jersey. Let irrelevant, wannabe franchises have mediocre-low standards.

Every franchise in the big 4 should have a Ring of Honor, so that these types (this is where Moore, Silas, Elliott, Johnson, Bowen should reside too) can receive some sort of honor, but not the top one. That should either be reserved for greatness or some sort of sentiment, like DeRozan to the Raptors (the one prominent player who wanted to stay).

Meh, I'm fine with Aldridge, Mills, and Green having their jersey's retired. Its more about honoring the player who has contributed to the success of the franchise in a significant way. It doesn't mean they contributed as much as Duncan, Manu, Parker, Robinson, and Gervin because they have received the same honor, but still contributed nonetheless.

dabom6
11-07-2019, 08:15 PM
OP wit da goods per par. :tu

timtonymanu
11-07-2019, 08:15 PM
After the Big 3, I wouldn’t retire anyone else’s even Danny who I still love as a player. Having a low standard as Patty just makes it too unnecessary and you might as well put 5 other guys up there with him. Only Nephew would have deserved it next but we know how that story ended.

timtonymanu
11-07-2019, 08:19 PM
LaMarcus definitely does not deserve it. He doesn’t even want to finish his career here. Why should the organization cater to him and his shitty body language on the floor? I’ll be annoyed if he gets his jersey retired. 12 was always Bruce’s number. I’ll always vouch for Bowen cause he was just as important as the big 3 were in those title runs.

SpurPadre
11-07-2019, 08:24 PM
As long as Bonner's jersey isn't retired, which would be a major slap in the face, tbh.

dabom6
11-07-2019, 08:29 PM
As long as Bonner's jersey isn't retired, which would be a major slap in the face, tbh.

:lmao

timtonymanu
11-07-2019, 08:33 PM

Makes as much sense as saying Patty should go up there. Patty was nothing more than an 8th man on that 2014 title team, and basically admitted he didn’t have pressure to perform after he got his big pay day. If Patty goes up there, might as well put Bonner, Finley, Oberto, Cory Joseph up there as well.

SpurPadre
11-07-2019, 08:41 PM
Makes as much sense as saying Patty should go up there. Patty was nothing more than an 8th man on that 2014 title team, and basically admitted he didn’t have pressure to perform after he got his big pay day. If Patty goes up there, might as well put Bonner, Finley, Oberto, Cory Joseph up there as well.

But at least Mills and the others you mentioned can say they had their big playoff moments (CoJo dunking on Ibaka warrants a spot). Bonner was always a putrid playoff performer who unfairly took credit for Bobo's difference-making performance against the Thunder. Mills isn't worthy of jersey retirement treatment no doubt but his worth to the team is much better than that scrub, IMO.

TheGreatYacht
11-11-2021, 07:41 PM
Should his jersey still be retired?

Ed Helicopter Jones
11-13-2021, 03:58 PM
Meh….

I think we retire Steve Kerr, Stephen Jackson and Jaren Jackson’s jerseys then as they all had good contributions to a championship run. Brent Barry….Bobo….Super Mario

Mills was a role player. We can’t retire them all.

Wu36
11-15-2021, 02:15 AM
Horry did more. But f his views

slick'81
11-15-2021, 05:35 AM
The answer is obviously no. Still after his next double digit game the slurping will commence

wildbill2u
11-15-2021, 06:11 PM
Patty was a nice role player who gave a lot of energy to the team from the bench, but waving a towel doesn't translate to a jersey in the rafters. Those jerseys mean the player carried the team to honors with honors.