PDA

View Full Version : Get Derozen Off This Team

UZER
11-05-2019, 10:43 PM
You cannot count on him in the 4th quarter of playoff games. He’s just a worthless player in real crunch time. But they will never trade him because it would make PATFO look even worse.

This team cannot gel as long as he dominates the ball in the 4th quarter because he is completely oblivious to the flow of the game and teammates around him. He constantly takes bad shots, or puts his head down and drives into traffic over and over. I’m not saying he’s selfish and trying to stay pad. Hes just a dumb player with horrible basketball iq.

It would be addition by subtraction if they got rid of him.

timtonymanu
11-05-2019, 10:45 PM
DeMar, LMA, Pop, Patty, Beli - all of them would be addition by subtraction.

EasyMoney
11-05-2019, 10:45 PM
I don't disagree. But LaMarcus Aldridge played the final 9 minutes of the game and did virtually nothing.

gambit1990
11-05-2019, 10:47 PM
was saying this the second the spurs traded for him tbh.

gambit1990
11-05-2019, 10:48 PM
spurs should've traded kawhi and patty to the rockets for cp3, pj tucker, and eric gordon.

harden would've irritated the f outta kawhi :lol

DC23
11-05-2019, 11:00 PM
I don't disagree. But LaMarcus Aldridge played the final 9 minutes of the game and did virtually nothing.
Exactly. DeMar played well tonight tbh, he wasn't the problem. Heck even Lyles was great. Gay and Beli combined 5-20 but more importantly White and Murray were horrible.

JeffDuncan
11-05-2019, 11:11 PM
If would change the whole complexion of the game if DDR would shoot a 3 now and then. Whenever he gets the ball out at the arc, now, the defender sags off him. DDR wouldn't have to hit a high % - hell, look at Beli - but even if he only drew iron, it would keep the defender more honest, for fear he might make one, and open up the middle more. Give him a quota. Tell him if he doesn't try 5 threes in a game, he has to sit out the next game. Pop will never do it, of course.

itzsoweezee
11-05-2019, 11:12 PM
Exactly. DeMar played well tonight tbh, he wasn't the problem. Heck even Lyles was great. Gay and Beli combined 5-20 but more importantly White and Murray were horrible.

I dare you to watch video of him playing "defense" tonight. He just doesn't give a shit about playing D at all. I done understand how any long time Spurs fan can defend this dude.

Slippy
11-05-2019, 11:15 PM

Well lets see. Demar dominates the ball. The other doesn't. Too many times DJ or DWhite are left not touching the ball at all when they share the court

Lamarcus can play off the ball, spread the floor and shoot . He did it for demar so he could post up today and also provided countless Pick n pops. Demar offers none of that. Doesn't know how to play off the ball or shoot from outside.

Defensively LA was active and offered adequate rim protection. I see Demar coasting on that end and getting burnt.

Do the math. Demar is a detriment to this team.

How bad? Addition by subtraction.

EasyMoney
11-05-2019, 11:19 PM
Well lets see. Demar dominates the ball. The other doesn't. Too many times DJ or DWhite are left not touching the ball at all when they share the court

Lamarcus can play off the ball, spread the floor and shoot . He did it for demar so he could post up today and also provided countless Pick n pops. Demar offers none of that. Doesn't know how to play off the ball or shoot from outside.

Defensively LA was active and offered adequate rim protection. I see Demar coasting on that end and getting burnt.

That 4th quarter stretch was calling for LaMarcus to get down and dirty. Damion Jones was on the verge of fouling out and LaMarcus did absolutely nothing to get involved. He just let DeMar and dejounte do their thing. He played passive again and let everyone else try to win instead of earn his pay cheque.

baseline bum
11-05-2019, 11:22 PM
DeRozan is 1999 Ewing minus the defense and rebounding.

Slippy
11-05-2019, 11:22 PM
That 4th quarter stretch was calling for LaMarcus to get down and dirty. Damion Jones was on the verge of fouling out and LaMarcus did absolutely nothing to get involved. He just let DeMar and dejounte do their thing. He played passive again and let everyone else try to win instead of earn his pay cheque.

Which is the point of this thread. Some players need to be fed. Demar is oblivious to that and the flow of the game.

SuperCam
11-05-2019, 11:25 PM
Could have had Ingram smh :pctoss

Genovaswitness
11-05-2019, 11:25 PM
Which is the point of this thread. Some players need to be fed. Demar is oblivious to that and the flow of the game.

and then he makes a boneheaded play and loses composure. he's mentally weak.

EasyMoney
11-05-2019, 11:27 PM

Which is why I don't disagree. But LaMarcus holds accountability as well. He gotta get down low and demand the ball when he has the advantage and he failed to do it. DeMar showed that he is a willing contributor, all LaMarcus has got to do is ask for it and he once again sulked and let everyone do work instead

FkLA
11-05-2019, 11:30 PM
His game is so fucking ugly. You know how some players play at their own pace and are always in control? I think that's how DD views his game. He's actually an idiot for playing that way though since he has all the tools to play so much faster. I hate how slow he dribbles, and I hate his slow winding dribble as he backs up into his hideous fadeaway. So many times he has a step on the defender and instead of exploding to the rim he goes into that slow dribble for his fadeaway. Just a really low iq guy.

TimDunkem
11-05-2019, 11:32 PM
I dare you to watch video of him playing "defense" tonight. He just doesn't give a shit about playing D at all. I done understand how any long time Spurs fan can defend this dude.

They didn't. Spurstalk hated DD right up until he was a Spur. Then they reluctantly put their bib on for the shit sandwich PATFO were about to feed them.

TimDunkem
11-05-2019, 11:34 PM
Which is why I don't disagree. But LaMarcus holds accountability as well. He gotta get down low and demand the ball when he has the advantage and he failed to do it. DeMar showed that he is a willing contributor, all LaMarcus has got to do is ask for it and he once again sulked and let everyone do work instead

That's just not who he is. While capable, I truly don't think he wants to bang down low. This is why he settles for the turnaround fadeaway more often than not, and likely why he didn't want to play center before he came here.

daslicer
11-05-2019, 11:35 PM
His game is so fucking ugly. You know how some players play at their own pace and are always in control? I think that's how DD views his game. He's actually an idiot for playing that way though since he has all the tools to play so much faster. I hate how slow he dribbles, and I hate his slow winding dribble as he backs up into his hideous fadeaway. So many times he has a step on the defender and instead of exploding to the rim he goes into that slow dribble for his fadeaway. Just a really low iq guy.

He's Walmart Kobe.

Genovaswitness
11-05-2019, 11:36 PM
He's Walmart Kobe.

trader's village delonte west

timtonymanu
11-05-2019, 11:38 PM
They didn't. Spurstalk hated DD right up until he was a Spur. Then they reluctantly put their bib on for the shit sandwich PATFO were about to feed them.

Remember when some including LJ were trying to convince themselves Derozan was an upgrade over Kawhi when he first got here :lol

UZER
11-06-2019, 12:35 AM

Demar is the problem. It’s bigger than just this game. The guy even got benched in Toronto and the team performed better in the playoffs. He could have 45 pts through 3 quarters, he is still going to cost you the game on the biggest possessions in the 4th.

Prose
11-06-2019, 12:45 AM

AND on top off all of this, LMA is the only PF/C in a positional weakness for us and Demar is yet another SG taking min away from white/walker (<haha)/murry

Prose
11-06-2019, 12:47 AM
He's Walmart Kobe.

I was thinking about this the other day, he models himself after kobe....yet kobe shot 3s BEFORE the 3 point revolution, so wtf is demar doing not shooting threes post revolution. I heard sean say he wanted tape of andre miller this offseason to gain post moves....REALLY?@?@?!?! shooting from closer to the basket wont help our lack of spacing!

sasaint
11-06-2019, 12:49 AM
That's just not who he is. While capable, I truly don't think he wants to bang down low. This is why he settles for the turnaround fadeaway more often than not, and likely why he didn't want to play center before he came here.

LMA has only been proving this for 12+ years now, yet there are still posters who don't get it.

DPG21920
11-06-2019, 12:56 AM
If Derozan had Jimmy Butlers mindset and grit he’d still be an all star.

sasaint
11-06-2019, 12:58 AM

LMA is the poster child of PASSIVE. But beyond that, doesn't Pop have anything to say about how the offense runs? Doesn't anybody remember Pop running to half-court screaming at TP to put the ball in Number 2's hands? Pop is Dumbmar and LMA's enabler.

Allan Rowe vs Wade
11-06-2019, 01:07 AM
demar the best spurs player on the court tonight (and millsvp) and we get this thread? now?

tbdog
11-06-2019, 01:11 AM
Also for the exception of Murray and at times White impact on minute restrictions, DD has by far been the most impactful player this season. He has outplayed LMA essentially every game. LMA is a big problem. It's not the age or injuries or system, it's effort.

TimmyBuckets
11-06-2019, 01:20 AM
Also for the exception of Murray and at times White impact on minute restrictions, DD has by far been the most impactful player this season. He has outplayed LMA essentially every game. LMA is a big problem. It's not the age or injuries or system, it's effort.

and a cancer

UZER
11-06-2019, 01:25 AM

I’m not denying that. But no matter how good he looks in the regular season, his game does not translate to winning playoffs games. He actually gets in the way of a team developing any identity because it all goes out the window when he’s hero balling in the 4th qtr. Nobody can figure out how to play off of him because he doesn’t involve anyone else unless it’s a desperate last second pass out. So in crunch time, the team falls apart.

TimmyBuckets
11-06-2019, 01:28 AM
OK let's get DePression off this team. For what?

tbdog
11-06-2019, 01:55 AM
I’m not denying that. But no matter how good he looks in the regular season, his game does not translate to winning playoffs games. He actually gets in the way of a team developing any identity because it all goes out the window when he’s hero balling in the 4th qtr. Nobody can figure out how to play off of him because he doesn’t involve anyone else unless it’s a desperate last second pass out. So in crunch time, the team falls apart.

For the exception of the first quarter of game 7, where the whole team was bad, DD again outplayed LMA that series.

GreekSpursfan
11-06-2019, 02:55 AM
LMA is the biggest problem thus far not Derozan. Derozan is what he is but he's doing his part.

r0drig0lac
11-06-2019, 06:46 AM
They didn't. Spurstalk hated DD right up until he was a Spur. Then they reluctantly put their bib on for the shit sandwich PATFO were about to feed them.this "better offensive player than Kawhi" stick

duncan2k5
11-06-2019, 06:58 AM

I'd trade him for anyone or anything... He kills the offense and he plays no defense and chokes in the playoffs... Keeping him is like saying "see Melo played great this game... He is the best player on the team"... Melo doesn't make teams winners...

UZER
11-06-2019, 08:07 AM
For the exception of the first quarter of game 7, where the whole team was bad, DD again outplayed LMA that series.

I’m not defending Aldridge. I’ve called him out several times. He needs to be gone too. But you can’t trade both guys.

Right now, Derozen dominates the ball and leaves everyone else standing around. Aldridge can at least play within the flow of the game. Derozen lowers your ceiling more than Aldridge does.

Theres is an opportunity for good chemistry to be built on this team which can help carry you through crunch time. Derozen kills that because he’s playing in his own world.

Like I said, he can have 45pts, but when the game is one the line in the playoffs, he is going to make the crucial mistakes that lose the game while everyone else is left standing watching.

Genovaswitness
11-06-2019, 08:09 AM

Any 3 and D player. PJ tucker for example

Prime BEEF
11-06-2019, 08:22 AM

derozan/Mills for Blake Griffin/Luke Kennard

derozan/Marco/Forbes for Aaron Gordon/Augustin

derozan/Poeltl for Porter Jr/Carter Jr

derozan for Covington/Dieng

derozan/Mills/Marco/Poetlt for Gallinari/Adams

SpaceCoast Spursfan
11-06-2019, 08:47 AM

I think there are trade options available, but none that are a clear win for the Spurs. At the end of the day the Spurs will have to take back a bad contract or 2, throw in a young asset they don't want to move, and/or be willing to blatantly lose the trade. I think the Bulls are already willing to move Porter. He is way overpaid and a bad defender, but he does have legit SF size/athleticsm. Maybe the Spurs development could be successful where others have not.

TimDunkem
11-06-2019, 09:47 AM
LMA has only been proving this for 12+ years now, yet there are still posters who don't get it.

LMA is truly dominant when he backs guys down. The problem is he hardly ever does, and that should tell people everything they need to know.

You said it. Some here just don't get it. You think they would after 4 years of this crap...

TimDunkem
11-06-2019, 09:48 AM
this "better offensive player than Kawhi" stick

It says a lot that a team without Kawhi adds DD and hardly improves.

duncan2k5
11-06-2019, 09:53 AM
I think there are trade options available, but none that are a clear win for the Spurs. At the end of the day the Spurs will have to take back a bad contract or 2, throw in a young asset they don't want to move, and/or be willing to blatantly lose the trade. I think the Bulls are already willing to move Porter. He is way overpaid and a bad defender, but he does have legit SF size/athleticsm. Maybe the Spurs development could be successful where others have not.

Oladipo was looked at as a loss for the Pacers right after the PG trade.... Until the games were played...

duncan2k5
11-06-2019, 09:55 AM
It says a lot that a team without Kawhi adds DD and hardly improves.

And that slight improvement has more to do with our young guys and not DDR... I genuinely think if u simply subtract him from the team, we would be better... So imagine a trade

jermaine
11-06-2019, 01:18 PM
I was 1 thinking this could work, but this dude is trash. I dont like to bash people in my old age but he's really really bad right now. Him an LaMarcus. But to me, LaMarcus is worse.... Derozan sucks, but he does have heart.

Cryptic Parable
11-06-2019, 03:34 PM
Good thing about DeMar is his age, I think he’d be better suited coming off the bench and LA is just trash to me. I can’t make an excuse for him other than I guess age.

spurspl
11-06-2019, 03:47 PM
where are these guys who were saying that ddr is better than ingram??? XDD

TD 21
11-06-2019, 05:42 PM
Yep. As I've been saying, it doesn't even matter so much what the return is (there's so many random role players I'd rather have); just get him off the team. He's one of the most damaging players in the league (it's one thing if 3s aren't your forte, but repeatedly either standing on the line or clogging spacing off ball by being in the short corner or floating in the mid range, is just ignorant) and has zero interest in winning if it's not on his archaic terms.

It's extremely difficult to construct a roster around him that makes sense and even if you fall ass backwards into it like the '14-'18 Raptors did, there's still a hard ceiling no matter what. Trading into said ceiling was asinine and they're only exacerbating it by dragging this out.

TimDunkem
11-06-2019, 05:45 PM
With all that said, he's probably getting that extension.

r0drig0lac
11-06-2019, 05:49 PM
With all that said, he's probably getting that extension.

would be an even bigger mistake than the Mills / Gasoft combo

tbdog
11-06-2019, 06:30 PM
I still don't get the DD hate. Do I think he is ove payed? Yes. I'm pretty confident he is a top 10 sg and top 50 player in the league. And this year he is playing to that while LMA has not.

DPG21920
11-06-2019, 06:40 PM
I still don't get the DD hate. Do I think he is ove payed? Yes. I'm pretty confident he is a top 10 sg and top 50 player in the league. And this year he is playing to that while LMA has not.

Top 50 lol?! That’s not a high bar to pass. He’s “better” than that even with his flaws.

Collins21
11-06-2019, 06:48 PM
Man some of y'all need to know what having a low IQ actually entails. DeMar DeRozan actually has a very high basketball IQ. This dude is a hell of a facilitator probably the best passer on the team by far. You can't run an offense without having a high/moderate IQ. It's not Demar's fault that he drives collapses the defense only for the person he's feeding to get butter fingers and drop the ball or fumble it. Now his shot selection I don't like hell I hated Kobe's game because of it. DeRozan came in the league as an athletic slasher and has added facilitating to his game if he had a low IQ there's no way he would have became the facilitator he is now.

Collins21
11-06-2019, 06:52 PM

Jimmy butler what has that dude done since 2014/2015? He plays defense s about the only good thing you can say about the guy but I guarantee you his season ends around the same time as DeRozan. You put DeRozan on the same team with KAT, Wiggins and Teague and I bet they wouldn't be the 8th seed.

timtonymanu
11-06-2019, 07:10 PM

Jesus Christ

timtonymanu
11-06-2019, 07:10 PM
Lol some posters that actually wanted to give Derozan an extension

TimDunkem
11-06-2019, 07:11 PM
If your signature move is driving into the lane only to stop on a dime and spin into a fadeaway jumper then your IQ is pretty low.

XDT76
11-06-2019, 07:16 PM

I was hoping white would be given the night off with Carroll and Walker taking some of his minutes

XDT76
11-06-2019, 07:19 PM
Lol some posters that actually wanted to give Derozan an extension

I think if he is asking for 18 instead of 28 and take on a 6 man role then it is acceptable.

marinoman
11-06-2019, 09:14 PM
I hate Derozan. Shoot a fuckin 3, this isn’t the 1960s. Team won’t go anywhere with him

tbdog
11-07-2019, 01:51 AM
Top 50 lol?! That’s not a high bar to pass. He’s “better” than that even with his flaws.

Probably is. I was being conservative.

UZER
11-11-2019, 09:55 PM
2 more turnovers in crunch time. :lol

It doesn’t matter how many he scores all game. I don’t get how people can’t see it.

NASpurs
11-11-2019, 09:57 PM
2 more turnovers in crunch time. :lol

It doesn’t matter how many he scores all game. I don’t get how people can’t see it.

But you can't replace 21/6/6

Duurrr duuuuuuur sniff sniff

RGMCSE
11-11-2019, 10:00 PM
Lol defrozen getting booed at home. What a terrible stain on patfo.

Genovaswitness
11-11-2019, 10:00 PM

:lmao

DieHardSpursFan1537
11-11-2019, 10:02 PM
At least Drunkford hasn't re-signed him as of now. *knocks on wood*

Spurs da champs
11-11-2019, 10:08 PM
The best thing DDR can do is force an uninterested Pop to retire. Maybe similar situation to Deron Williams & Jerry Sloan. Gives Pop perfect excuse to not further embarass himself & RC perfect reason to ship DeFrozen out.

Capt Bringdown
11-11-2019, 10:10 PM
What can DeRozan do in 22.6 seconds?

SAS - DeRozan Driving Reverse Layup Shot: Missed Block: Valanciunas (2 BLK)
SAS - DeRozan 3pt Shot: Missed
SAS - DeRozan Free Throw Technical Missed
SAS - DeRozan 3pt Shot: Missed

Dancelot
11-11-2019, 10:10 PM
Lol defrozen getting booed at home. What a terrible stain on patfo.
Did he actually get booed? :lol

GAustex
11-11-2019, 10:11 PM
DDR for you right there. Every time in crucial time he turned opportunity in to a flaming pile of shit.
He sucks and should be traded. For what ever you can get. A bag of Cheetos if that’s all you can get.

NASpurs
11-11-2019, 10:17 PM

lol this guy

timtonymanu
11-11-2019, 10:18 PM
lol this guy

Same guy that said Patty Mills was having a great season after that 3-0 record :lol

james evans
11-11-2019, 10:39 PM
U still don’t get it??

DAF86
11-11-2019, 10:44 PM
Trading DeRozan for an average 3andD guy or stretch 4, straight up, would instantly improve this team (if Pop wasn't an over the hill mimick of what he used to be).

White (with the freedom of being the number one playmaker)
Forbes
3&D guy
Lyles
Aldridge

Murray
Mills
Carroll
Gay
Poeltl

R. DeMurre
11-11-2019, 10:44 PM
https://i.ibb.co/XtMm1yJ/Screen-Shot-2019-11-11-at-8-18-05-PM-alias.png

R. DeMurre
11-11-2019, 10:45 PM
https://i.ibb.co/XtMm1yJ/Screen-Shot-2019-11-11-at-8-18-05-PM-alias.png

Name one other max salary star who has this much RED in his advanced stats.

tim_duncan_fan
11-11-2019, 10:46 PM

He's not the worst player ever, but somehow he is not enough of a positive to really matter. Knowing this, we should make moves to do something different.

NASpurs
11-11-2019, 10:47 PM
Name one other max salary star who has this much RED in his advanced stats.

Is his 21/6/6 taken into account with these advanced stats? I've been told it would be difficult to replace those numbers.

tim_duncan_fan
11-11-2019, 10:49 PM
Trading DeRozan for an average 3andD guy or stretch 4, straight up, would instantly improve this team (if Pop wasn't an over the hill mimick of what he used to be).

Forbes
3&D guy
Lyles
Aldridge

Murray
Mills
Carroll
Gay
Poeltl

This would not end well. If he wanted that role, he could have it right now.

C-Dub
11-11-2019, 10:55 PM
LMA needs to get the boot as well.

DAF86
11-11-2019, 10:56 PM
This would not end well. If he wanted that role, he could have it right now.

lol sure. Dude doesn't even have the coaches' confidence to play more than half a game but he could be the main playmaker if wanted. :lol

timtonymanu
11-11-2019, 10:57 PM
Addition by subtraction

tim_duncan_fan
11-11-2019, 10:57 PM
lol sure. Dude doesn't even have the coaches' confidence to play more than half a game but he could be the main playmaker if wanted. :lol

Derrick White has the greenlight. If he doesn't do something out there, it's because he lacked confidence in himself, not because he doesn't have the go-ahead.

gambit1990
11-11-2019, 11:02 PM
Addition by subtraction
yeah.

trading for demar was subtraction by addition :lol

timtonymanu
11-11-2019, 11:05 PM
yeah.

trading for demar was subtraction by addition :lol

I love how you called it all last year and the sniffers called you a player fan and spurs hater :lol

DAF86
11-11-2019, 11:06 PM
Derrick White has the greenlight. If he doesn't do something out there, it's because he lacked confidence in himself, not because he doesn't have the go-ahead.

"Green light" :lol. The first mistake he makes, he gets hooked the fuck out. Just imagine what would happen if he dared hogging the ball a couple of possessions in a row. :lol

White needs real trust. He needs to be handed the keys of the team and being asked to "shoot 20 times per game" like Pop used to do with young Tony. He needs to know that no matter how bad he's doing he will get at least 30/35 minutes to get out of the funk. The only thing White is lacking to become a borderline all-star is for Pop to give him the chance to screw up; but that shit needs to happen sooner rather than later if not White will be forever stuck in "what could have been" land.

GAustex
11-11-2019, 11:07 PM
His suckage steals the life and will out of the rest of the squad. LMA is serviceable with competence around him.
DDR is like a disease and should be removed so that a cure can commence.

tbdog
11-11-2019, 11:12 PM
U still don’t get it??

No, and this is what you get when you put the ball in Whites and Murray's hands. The team has no identity. Spurs offense was better when DD ran it.

tim_duncan_fan
11-11-2019, 11:36 PM
"Green light" :lol. The first mistake he makes, he gets hooked the fuck out. Just imagine what would happen if he dared hogging the ball a couple of possessions in a row. :lol

White needs real trust. He needs to be handed the keys of the team and being asked to "shoot 20 times per game" like Pop used to do with young Tony. He needs to know that no matter how bad he's doing he will get at least 30/35 minutes to get out of the funk. The only thing White is lacking to become a borderline all-star is for Pop to give him the chance to screw up; but that shit needs to happen sooner rather than later if not White will be forever stuck in "what could have been" land.

I think it is all on White and him deciding to grab the bull by the horns or not, but I do hope you are right. Pop has been quoted as telling White to tell him to fuck off.

Edit: Ok I can't find the quote, so nevermind.

sasaint
11-11-2019, 11:53 PM

Forbes
3&D guy
Lyles
Aldridge

Murray
Mills
Carroll
Gay
Poeltl

BINGO! Been saying it for almost a year. :tu

james evans
11-12-2019, 01:22 AM
I haven’t googled but has Defrozen ever hit a game winner?

RC_Drunkford
11-12-2019, 01:26 AM
I think it is all on White and him deciding to grab the bull by the horns or not, but I do hope you are right. Pop has been quoted as telling White to tell him to fuck off.

Edit: Ok I can't find the quote, so nevermind.

he said he wants him to be a little more like Manu...

tbdog
11-12-2019, 02:06 AM
I haven’t googled but has Defrozen ever hit a game winner?

He hit a few for us last season.

tim_duncan_fan
11-12-2019, 11:16 PM
he said he wants him to be a little more like Manu...

Thank you, sir.

The full bit:

“Part of it is because he is so unselfish and he so wants to please the coaches,” Popovich said. “So we try at times to get him to be (like), ‘Don’t listen to me. Tell me to go to hell. Just do what you want to do out there. Be a little bit more like Manu (Ginobili) and don’t worry about making a mistake.’

White has got to stop playing timid. He literally has the OK to do what he wants as long as he is confident about it and can speak to why he did whatever he did.

It's on him to actually take the reins, as Pop is trying to hand them to him.

SAGirl
11-12-2019, 11:24 PM
I'll sign this petition.

SAGirl
11-12-2019, 11:27 PM
Thank you, sir.

The full bit:

“Part of it is because he is so unselfish and he so wants to please the coaches,” Popovich said. “So we try at times to get him to be (like), ‘Don’t listen to me. Tell me to go to hell. Just do what you want to do out there. Be a little bit more like Manu (Ginobili) and don’t worry about making a mistake.’

White has got to stop playing timid. He literally has the OK to do what he wants as long as he is confident about it and can speak to why he did whatever he did.

It's on him to actually take the reins, as Pop is trying to hand them to him.

Thanks for sharing this quote. Manu was quite the leader and those are big shoes to fill. White has to be very confident in himself and know better than the coach what is going on in the game and make his own judgment calls on plays and such. He is still developing tbh. Despite his age, his experience at this level is comparable to guys having played just one season. He has room for growth in his confidence.

K...
11-12-2019, 11:50 PM
Honestly, let him play out the contract. I don't see any return on a trade worth it. People say "get a 3d sf" but fail to provide a compelling trade offer. No one wants a rental on a low upside late career player. Sucking this year will provide motivation for the post pop-aldridge years. Just as well were compelled to a higher level of professionalism after getting Tim and wasting Robinson's prime, the need to restore the playoff streak will provide some positive drama.

RC_Drunkford
11-13-2019, 12:01 AM
Honestly, let him play out the contract. I don't see any return on a trade worth it. People say "get a 3d sf" but fail to provide a compelling trade offer. No one wants a rental on a low upside late career player. Sucking this year will provide motivation for the post pop-aldridge years. Just as well were compelled to a higher level of professionalism after getting Tim and wasting Robinson's prime, the need to restore the playoff streak will provide some positive drama.

Aaron Gordon + fillers. DeRozan and Beli for Gordon and Fournier works for example

tbdog
11-13-2019, 12:17 AM
Aaron Gordon + fillers. DeRozan and Beli for Gordon and Fournier works for example

Gordon is strictly a 4 in this league and not playing very well this season. Otherwise I don't mind i because Gordon is locked up, not because he is an upgrade. Then Spurs would need to decide between the cheaper Forbes and leting Fournier go. All in the all, it would be DD for Gordon. I rather have cap space for 2021. I think the Spurs could do well in that free agent class.

r0drig0lac
11-13-2019, 06:58 AM

Barnes + Bogdanovic
Barnes + Bjelica
Barnes + Ariza
Gallo + Andre
Iggy + Hill/Crowder
Porter

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2019/11/13/20962320/san-antonio-spurs-demar-derozan-popovich-trade-style

Dancelot
11-13-2019, 01:19 PM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2862561-demar-derozan-trade-rumors-magic-have-expressed-interest-in-spurs-star

Yes please

TheCerebral1
11-13-2019, 11:02 PM
I've wanted this scrub off of the Spurs since they traded for him. He's a terrible fit both now and long term. I am definitely not a fan of overpaying a no defense, chucker.

UZER
11-15-2019, 09:25 PM
How bout now? :lol

Spurs Brazil
11-15-2019, 09:27 PM
DeRozan is pathetic. He needs to go as soon as possible.

james evans
11-15-2019, 09:28 PM
Defrozen has to be throwing games. I refuse to believe he's this goddamn garbage.

itzsoweezee
11-15-2019, 09:29 PM
No one's trading anything for this scrub. The best we can hope for is he's relegated to the bench, but it's obvious that will never happen

UZER
11-15-2019, 09:29 PM
Defrozen has to be throwing games. I refuse to believe he's this goddamn garbage.

No he scores points. You don’t know basketball. :cry

NASpurs
11-15-2019, 09:35 PM

:lol

timtonymanu
11-15-2019, 09:37 PM
But 21/6/6
best Spurs player
Etc.

james evans
11-15-2019, 09:40 PM
No he scores points. You don’t know basketball. :cry
I know that having him in the game late in the 4th is something Popovich needs to stop. I don't give a damn how many points he scores, he sucks and I'd be shocked if any team trades for him.

r0drig0lac
11-15-2019, 09:41 PM

"but 20/5/5 bro"

NASpurs
My dude is like a bigger Monta Ellis (a fucking loser too) and will be out of the league soon as well.

Genovaswitness

Fucking moronic take man. looks worse every day :lmao

NASpurs
11-15-2019, 09:42 PM
Fucking moronic take man. looks worse every day :lmao

It doesn't age well and it sticks out like a sore thumb every time this thread gets bumped. :lol

TimDunkem
11-15-2019, 09:43 PM

Damn that was bad.

UZER
11-15-2019, 09:48 PM
I know that having him in the game late in the 4th is something Popovich needs to stop. I don't give a damn how many points he scores, he sucks and I'd be shocked if any team trades for him.

Exactly the point of this thread. Just crazy how hard people were defending the guy when others could clearly see his issues and how they hurt the overall development of the team.

Genovaswitness
11-15-2019, 09:54 PM
It doesn't age well and it sticks out like a sore thumb every time this thread gets bumped. :lol

I’ll keep quoting it too

tbdog
11-15-2019, 11:15 PM
He was by far, not even close, the best spur tonight. Where is the LMA threads or the White threads. Wtf is pop continually starting Lyle'
s. Why is it that our bench gets us back in every game while our starting lineup does not. Why isn't Poeltl not getting more minutes? But no, it's all DD hate with a sprinkle of Mills. They were our two best performers tonight.

CGD
11-15-2019, 11:20 PM
He was by far, not even close, the best spur tonight. Where is the LMA threads or the White threads. Wtf is pop continually starting Lyle'
s. Why is it that our bench gets us back in every game while our starting lineup does not. Why isn't Poeltl not getting more minutes? But no, it's all DD hate with a sprinkle of Mills. They were our two best performers tonight.

You’re not wrong

GAustex
11-16-2019, 12:04 AM
Spurs need more than DDR the highest paid player can offer. He does score points as the highest paid player and ball handler leading his team to another demoralizing loss though.
The right two $15M players for DDR and the young guards mature maybe SA has a chance to be somebody.

itzsoweezee
11-16-2019, 12:15 AM

Lol. DeMar singlehandedly killed all Spurs momentum when he came in the 4th. Before he checked in, they were moving the ball around, getting open shots, playing defense. DDR comes in and ball hogs, doesn't play defense, turns it over, and seals the game for the magic. He's is the poster child of empty stats

tbdog
11-16-2019, 12:31 AM
Lol. DeMar singlehandedly killed all Spurs momentum when he came in the 4th. Before he checked in, they were moving the ball around, getting open shots, playing defense. DDR comes in and ball hogs, doesn't play defense, turns it over, and seals the game for the magic. He's is the poster child of empty stats

What a load. You know who was responsible getting Spurs back in the game after the starters yet again lost a 16 point lead? Mills. Your putting DD in the post with only one shooter. Gee, what would happen.

spurs1990
11-16-2019, 12:46 AM
0-10. That's this guy's 3pt FG total for the entire calendar year of 2019.

DeRozan fans. All five of you still remaining. Explain to the rest of us how you're giving him a pass on that stat.

r2d2
11-16-2019, 02:47 AM
As a Raptor fan it hurts seeing this much hate for Derozan. People just expect too much from him. Trading Kawhi for him is a comparison that he can never live up to.

That is not who he is. He is a smart team first player that makes those around him better. He was never a 3pt shooter, nor was he a player that dominated the game by himself, although there were plenty of 30+ point games.

The shooting guard position is a tough spot to expect defensive closure. The players that play that position need to be fast enough to be able to switch up on the opposing teams best guard, usually the main play maker and due to that these guys often lack the size and strength to properly guard PF, SF or Centers. That's why guys like Harden, Steph Curry, Bradley Beal and Lou Williams will never be known for their defense. In order to be able to keep up with guards and match that position these guys always are a mismatch against size and strength. I never understood fans that expected a defensive stopper at the SG position.

In the NBA, the SG is the position that traditionally a team loads up on offence with. No one uses that position for a stopper. There have been guys that play in Dleague that are great stoppers at that position, but if you can't score 20 day in day out, not a single team will give you a shot because that spot should be an automatic 20 points every single day.

That is why Harden, Steph Curry, Beal and Lou Williams are never judged on their defense. Derozan is still a much better defender than all of them. Only LBJ can defend any position at SG.

That said he lacks a 3pt shot. However, he kind of makes up for that by going to the line more often than any other player on your roster. He makes 3pt plays the hard way. I am surprised that he has not added the 3pt from distance to his arsenal yet, I think that might have something to do with Pop's telling him to just play his game and not to do things he does not feel comfortable with.

I guess the best thing to ask is who would you put in his position, that would automatically make you guys better? (aside from LBJ, I don't think that SG is your biggest problem.) Blaming Derozan for your teams woes does not seem right to me. He looks like your best player from what I have seen of you guys thus far. Too many bad nights from his supporting cast.

Spurtacular
11-16-2019, 02:53 AM
I sort of liked DeRozan last year. This year he looks shitty to me. He sort of fell off along with Rudy Gay.

Spurtacular
11-16-2019, 02:54 AM
0-10. That's this guy's 3pt FG total for the entire calendar year of 2019.

That's pretty fucking bad in today's NBA.

r2d2
11-16-2019, 03:06 AM
I am really curious who his magical replacement is that will make all the difference.

K...
11-16-2019, 09:00 PM
It was worth it to try and get DeroZan and LMA to work. Last year it kind of did, but the dujounte Murray train arrived and can't be stopped. Two driving, ball dominant guys in the starting lineup is 1 too many and the Spurs will almost certainly choose Murray over DeroZan.

So unless Murray gets benched I'm afraid DeroZan needs to be replaced. The current best shot would be rookie Keldon, but I think day may be next year.

Spurs Brazil
11-16-2019, 10:59 PM
4-16, terrible defense, another stupid foul, -16, great job

itzsoweezee
11-16-2019, 11:03 PM
I am really curious who his magical replacement is that will make all the difference.

Addition by subtraction. This team will be better without him on it

Gibbz
11-16-2019, 11:04 PM
Get him the fuck out.

NASpurs
11-16-2019, 11:05 PM

At this point, who gives a shit. It could be the Coyote for all I care.

GAustex
11-16-2019, 11:08 PM
It really is amazing how what appears should be a pretty good player has bad things happen at the crucial moment.

Floyd Pacquiao
11-16-2019, 11:11 PM
4-16, terrible defense, another stupid foul, -16, great job

He came in the 4th for Lonnie and the lead evaporated in the blink of an eye. :lol

Kurgan
11-16-2019, 11:22 PM
There was a moment in the first quarter where a wide open Derozan received the ball on the three point line and proceeded to travel while attempting to move to the mid range. The Blazers commentators were chuckling at this saying "Why not take that shot"

emanueldavidginobili
11-17-2019, 11:38 AM
I think there’s actually a good chance of him going to Pop and asking to be moved at some point before the deadline and hopefully Pop agrees.

He just doesn’t fit here and quite frankly doesn’t fit anywhere in today’s NBA.

Bballplaya
11-17-2019, 01:10 PM
Are y’all frking joking,!!!! He was attacking the rim hard and mot getting the calls. I don’t blame him for his last minute call.

People talking bout repacing your leading scorer is a joke, more so when they want to replace him w a rookie in the G-league��

UZER
12-13-2019, 12:29 AM
How bout now?

SayTown
12-13-2019, 01:00 AM
He always has to take the last shot, even when Aldridge was having a career game last year vs the Thunder, Demar kept taking the last shot and that's why we kept going into overtime.

NASpurs
12-13-2019, 02:07 AM
At this point, I’m willing to get rid of Murray if it somehow gets rid of Depression. Sure you can let him walk but ehh.

Prose
12-13-2019, 02:16 AM
the least clutch free throw shooter ever for a overall good average percentage

spurraider21
12-13-2019, 02:51 AM
at least with him missing clutch free throws we know he's serious about being a spur

DavidTheGoliath
12-13-2019, 03:34 AM
I knew hes gonna miss those two freethrows the moment he received that inbound pass. Patty is more clutch than him. Sad.

Slippy
12-13-2019, 04:07 AM
at least with him missing clutch free throws we know he's serious about being a spur

Sorry if someone already pointed this out. What did the Chucking of the ball at half time suggest?

ElNono
12-13-2019, 05:15 AM
Just sign that extension already

GAustex
12-13-2019, 08:29 AM
It really is amazing how what appears should be a pretty good player has bad things happen at the crucial moment.

sananspursfan21
12-13-2019, 09:10 AM
LaMarcus before Derozan PLEASE!!! At least Derozan’s still invested. LMA has one foot out the door already

stu scotts eye
12-13-2019, 09:20 AM
F that. Derozan is cut from the same cloth as TMAC and those other 1 on 1 losers. Complete opposite of what Pop preached for 20 yrs.

So frustrating. Its like Pop is scared to call him out. Or too tired to.

UZER
02-11-2020, 10:47 PM
Bump

GAustex
02-11-2020, 10:48 PM
DDR is a legend in his own mind.

Mugen
02-11-2020, 10:48 PM
I mean, his off/on numbers are staggering for the last 5 years...

He's such a negative losing player, even when he puts up crazy efficient stats. It's honestly hilarious :lol

NASpurs
02-11-2020, 10:50 PM
Can’t wait for the extension and the team’s further decent to mediocrity and the DeRozan Purgatory Zone.

UZER
02-11-2020, 10:51 PM
I said this team can find some chemistry and rhythm with Aldridge and the young’s guys, IF you get Derozen outta here. He stunts everything.

Addition by subtraction.

GAustex
02-11-2020, 10:52 PM
To me is was fun again watching the Spurs the last two nights.
Common denominator was?

sasaint
02-11-2020, 10:54 PM
I said this team can find some chemistry and rhythm with Aldridge and the young’s guys, IF you get Derozen outta here. He stunts everything.

Addition by subtraction.

LMA would love it.

SAGirl
02-12-2020, 09:21 AM
Does anyone really belive he has back spasms?

UZER
02-12-2020, 09:37 AM
Derozan has been benched in playoffs games when coaches realized it would improve the teams chances of winning a game.

I understand the Spurs making the trade for him out of desperation after the Kawhi debacle, but he should’ve been traded this year. He’s is nothing but a more athletic version of Carmelo Anthony.

This team would be a lot better without him. And I don’t love Aldridge, but his game is better suited to play along the young guys. It gives them room to operate.

tmtcsc
02-12-2020, 10:34 AM
After two games its obvious the ball moves better without him on the floor, more players are involved and he has very little impact on winning. As I've said before, this dude plays hard for HIM. He's all about him and his stats & getting out of San Antonio. This dude is gone & is using this season as a way to drive up his value to other teams. He has no future in San Antonio and is a detriment to this team moving forward. Toronto saw it too. Benched him and his selfish, under-performing self in the playoffs. They then let him go for a 1 year rental of damaged goods. We all know how that turned out for Toronto.

Toronto WITHOUT Kawhi Leonard & Danny Green are in the midst of a 15 game winning streak and making a strong push toward the second half of the season. DeRozan needs to go elsewhere. Aldridge can be useful despite his painful limitations and inconsistencies.

JeffDuncan
02-12-2020, 10:52 AM
... As I've said before, this dude plays hard for HIM. He's all about him and his stats & getting out of San Antonio. This dude is gone & is using this season as a way to drive up his value to other teams. ...

Not that I disagree, but I had to comment, DDR is being stupid about his value when he doesn't even try to shoot 3s. He's good enough, that with serious practice and effort, he could probably shoot in the upper 30% range, 37 or 38% maybe, possibly even 40%, on a volume of at least half a dozen shots a game. All the teams are constantly looking for 3pt shooting. And he won't even try. It's costing him millions.

boutons_deux
02-12-2020, 11:00 AM
After two games its obvious the ball moves better without him on the floor

White several times kept the ball way too much on several possessions. really wants to be a shoot-first guard rather pass-first playmaker.

He may be conditioned, once he had the ball, by NOT getting the ball for ball hog Derozan, so he keeps it.

I'd rather see "4 passes before any shot", as Coach Norman Dale says.

tmtcsc
02-12-2020, 11:40 AM
White several times kept the ball way too much on several possessions. really wants to be a shoot-first guard rather pass-first playmaker.

He may be conditioned, once he had the ball, by NOT getting the ball for ball hog Derozan, so he keeps it.

Ha! You may be right.

sasaint
02-12-2020, 11:54 AM
Does anyone really belive he has back spasms?

Why not? It’s past the trade deadline.

Mugen
02-12-2020, 11:57 AM
Dejounte and Derrick looking like free men without Demar on the court. Imagine what they would look like without the old man and a much better coach that actually plays them together...

SAGirl
02-12-2020, 12:06 PM
Dejounte and Derrick looking like free men without Demar on the court. Imagine what they would look like without the old man and a much better coach that actually plays them together...
This is actually what I am wondering tbqh.
Along with how inconsistencies can be explained not just by development, but deferring to Demar, deferring bc Pop wants Forbes and others to get their shots in, deferring bc mentally they are worn out, and lack confidence bc benchings, not playing in 4th Q, and other "inconsistencies" by the coach himself, along with coach calling players out for not helping Demar, not competing (Lonnie), etc. Things aren't happening in a vacuum obviously.

SAGirl
02-12-2020, 12:08 PM
Why not? It’s past the trade deadline.
He's basically waiting his next contract. If the Spurs already know they won't sign him for what he wants and they prefer seeing what the others can do without him, conveniently sitting him with back spasms at this point is great, not that I am complaining. It's just suspicious. No longer can Pop rest "stars" on road games either, so he had to get some injury.

I think many fans have wanted to see what Murray/White/Lonnie could do anyways when deferring a lot less.

Mugen
02-12-2020, 12:17 PM
This is actually what I am wondering tbqh.
Along with how inconsistencies can be explained not just by development, but deferring to Demar, deferring bc Pop wants Forbes and others to get their shots in, deferring bc mentally they are worn out, and lack confidence bc benchings, not playing in 4th Q, and other "inconsistencies" by the coach himself, along with coach calling players out for not helping Demar, not competing (Lonnie), etc. Things aren't happening in a vacuum obviously.

They've been put in a position to fail by the old man. I really hope for their development's sake that Pop is gone by the end of the season because it does seem that he's gone out of his way to make sure to fuck both of the young guys over.

What he's done to them this year is criminal and disgusting.

sasaint
02-12-2020, 12:22 PM
He's basically waiting his next contract. If the Spurs already know they won't sign him for what he wants and they prefer seeing what the others can do without him, conveniently sitting him with back spasms at this point is great, not that I am complaining. It's just suspicious. No longer can Pop rest "stars" on road games either, so he had to get some injury.

I think many fans have wanted to see what Murray/White/Lonnie could do anyways when deferring a lot less.

So you think that Pop has completely changed his colors from the guy you described in your immediately preceding comment? Two games doesn't convince me.

SAGirl
02-12-2020, 01:05 PM
So you think that Pop has completely changed his colors from the guy you described in your immediately preceding comment? Two games doesn't convince me.

I am sorry friend. I am lost in our communication. I am suspicious that Demar really isn't injured. I can't make a baseless accusation without any proof, it's just the timing of his injury really is very suspicious.

By that I mean, after a losing streak at a critical moment of the season when the Spurs are not completely without hope of making the playoffs yet (specially at the beginning of the RRT), and they instead go on a losing streak on the RRT with DeRozan playing. Then Pop comes out saying that Demar has handled it well and that he shows up every night and does what he does, but that he needs a little help out there.

For all we know Pop could have just sat Demar to find him that help. For all we know, Pop is looking to see who can step up in his absence in order to be that help. Certainly fits with Pop's own comment. But instead players have stepped up and what is getting revealed instead is that they don't need Demar all that much bc he doesn't change the outlook for the team. It's still a revelation that is useful, regardless of why the Old Man was motivated to sit Demar.

I am lost in our communication about what you think or thought I meant. I was not clear why I found it suspicious either so you could have a different thing in mind and I don't know what you meant. I don't think it's a stealth tank fwiw. In fact, Spurs may start playing better if he made some adjustments.

Ed Helicopter Jones
02-12-2020, 01:08 PM
I think he wasn't extended because (hopefully) PATFO realize he's not the long-term solution and really shouldn't be in the equation moving forward. I like Demar, but he doesn't contribute to winning.

sasaint
02-12-2020, 01:34 PM
I am sorry friend. I am lost in our communication. I am suspicious that Demar really isn't injured. I can't make a baseless accusation without any proof, it's just the timing of his injury really is very suspicious.

By that I mean, after a losing streak at a critical moment of the season when the Spurs are not completely without hope of making the playoffs yet (specially at the beginning of the RRT), and they instead go on a losing streak on the RRT with DeRozan playing. Then Pop comes out saying that Demar has handled it well and that he shows up every night and does what he does, but that he needs a little help out there.

For all we know Pop could have just sat Demar to find him that help. For all we know, Pop is looking to see who can step up in his absence in order to be that help. Certainly fits with Pop's own comment. But instead players have stepped up and what is getting revealed instead is that they don't need Demar all that much bc he doesn't change the outlook for the team. It's still a revelation that is useful, regardless of why the Old Man was motivated to sit Demar.

I am lost in our communication about what you think or thought I meant. I was not clear why I found it suspicious either so you could have a different thing in mind and I don't know what you meant. I don't think it's a stealth tank fwiw. In fact, Spurs may start playing better if he made some adjustments.

It sounded like you believe the leopard has suddenly changed his spots. Based on 2 games, I do not. I don't believe the Old Asshole has suddenly decided to move away from Dumbmar to see how good the young guys are. As you, yourself, just noted Pop lauded Dumbmar's play and said it was HE who needed help. If Pop were in a mood to experiment, I don't think he would do anything as drastic as sitting Dumbmar with fake back spasms. I believe he is waaaay too conservative for that. Even though Bryn is his pet, I believe Pop would probably adjust his starting lineup by replacing the statistically worst player on the team - not the veteran with the great, albeit empty stats. But I basically don't see the Old Asshole doing anything that seems like a move any rational HC would have tried weeks ago. I think he is stubborn not slow. This late in the season, when the playoffs are virtually unattainable, I wouldn't expect Pop to suddenly shift gears. I expect him to ride the horses who he has been riding all the way to the finish line.

RC_Drunkford
02-12-2020, 02:05 PM
I think he wasn't extended because (hopefully) PATFO realize he's not the long-term solution and really shouldn't be in the equation moving forward. I like Demar, but he doesn't contribute to winning.

And Pop needed 2 years to realize it :lol

dbestpro
02-12-2020, 02:11 PM
DDR, Pop, LMA, Forbes, Murray, Gay, Carroll, Belinelli and Mills should all go. We need an entire new starting five.

sasaint
02-12-2020, 02:17 PM
And Pop needed 2 years to realize it :lol

Pop once boasted that the Spurs didn't scout opponents in-season; they just concentrated on playing their game. In addition to preparing for an opponent, scouting enables a team to gather data on players around the league who might be trade/FA targets. The team's disinterest in trades and to a slightly lesser extent, FAs is probably further evidence of their lack of emphasis on scouting. The Dumbmar trade and Carroll signing would neatly fit that profile. Just another facet of the Spurs' arrogant insularity.

SAGirl
02-12-2020, 02:24 PM
It sounded like you believe the leopard has suddenly changed his spots. Based on 2 games, I do not. I don't believe the Old Asshole has suddenly decided to move away from Dumbmar to see how good the young guys are. As you, yourself, just noted Pop lauded Dumbmar's play and said it was HE who needed help. If Pop were in a mood to experiment, I don't think he would do anything as drastic as sitting Dumbmar with fake back spasms. I believe he is waaaay too conservative for that. Even though Bryn is his pet, I believe Pop would probably adjust his starting lineup by replacing the statistically worst player on the team - not the veteran with the great, albeit empty stats. But I basically don't see the Old Asshole doing anything that seems like a move any rational HC would have tried weeks ago. I think he is stubborn not slow. This late in the season, when the playoffs are virtually unattainable, I wouldn't expect Pop to suddenly shift gears. I expect him to ride the horses who he has been riding all the way to the finish line.
That is a good point you make, based on your perception as fan and you have watched more this season than I have.

Part of my thought is frankly what I hope. I'd hope that seeing the playoffs drifting out of reach, Pop is desperate enough to find that "help" and therefore he is now finally investing in the development of players that he had shoehorned into more limited roles bc LMA, Demar, Forbes, GAy and Mills were going to carry the offense. Perhaps Demar really is injured and this is just serendipity.

But Pop always gave expanded roles and opportunities to young players or newcomers in rest games in the past (or injury games) and that was how he developed many guys in support roles to the big 3. He was lauded in the past for the ability to be able to develop these role players. He may be trying to do the same thing here. That is a constant for him. The injury may be happenstance but it's suspicious after that comment he made about finding help. And if he is going to be consistent to what he has done in the past and this is just developing the "help", after the All star break Demar will have his back rested and Pop is going to go back to what he has been doing all season with (he hopes) an improved and confident Murray, White and Walker. I hope he watches a lot of film and makes adjustments instead... hope.

There is something else to watch out for, and it's the fact that it's questionable mere support players is what the team needs at this point and the record reflects it and he should be aware of it. And developing youngsters is not without its own difficulty and challenge bc they need to be let loose at some point if you want not just the confidence but to see how far they can go. I would like to see if they can be consistent for example but that requires Demar sitting out more games, or coming back and deferring and he isn't going to do that in a contract year. And I suspect his presence changes the team anyway bc his game is not suited to play off the ball.

sasaint
02-12-2020, 02:38 PM
DDR, Pop, LMA, Forbes, Murray, Gay, Carroll, Belinelli and Mills should all go. We need an entire new starting five.

Pop first. But definitely keep Dijon for another season - too early to give up on him, especially coming back from a serious injury. He just needs to continue developing his shot and become the SG. And Mills is fine in his current role - don't want to give him any raises, but keep him.

sasaint
02-12-2020, 02:41 PM
That is a good point you make, based on your perception as fan and you have watched more this season than I have.

Part of my thought is frankly what I hope. I'd hope that seeing the playoffs drifting out of reach, Pop is desperate enough to find that "help" and therefore he is now finally investing in the development of players that he had shoehorned into more limited roles bc LMA, Demar, Forbes, GAy and Mills were going to carry the offense. Perhaps Demar really is injured and this is just serendipity.

But Pop always gave expanded roles and opportunities to young players or newcomers in rest games in the past (or injury games) and that was how he developed many guys in support roles to the big 3. He was lauded in the past for the ability to be able to develop these role players. He may be trying to do the same thing here. That is a constant for him. The injury may be happenstance but it's suspicious after that comment he made about finding help. And if he is going to be consistent to what he has done in the past and this is just developing the "help", after the All star break Demar will have his back rested and Pop is going to go back to what he has been doing all season with (he hopes) an improved and confident Murray, White and Walker. I hope he watches a lot of film and makes adjustments instead... hope.

There is something else to watch out for, and it's the fact that it's questionable mere support players is what the team needs at this point and the record reflects it and he should be aware of it. And developing youngsters is not without its own difficulty and challenge bc they need to be let loose at some point if you want not just the confidence but to see how far they can go. I would like to see if they can be consistent for example but that requires Demar sitting out more games, or coming back and deferring and he isn't going to do that in a contract year. And I suspect his presence changes the team anyway bc his game is not suited to play off the ball.

I think it is not worthwhile to point to what the Old Asshole "always" used to do when he had the Big 3. They clearly covered for a multitude of Pop's sins. Nobody can do that any more. (Ironically, I AM arguing that he has made THAT adjustment...)

Prime BEEF
02-12-2020, 05:54 PM
So they GAMBLED that there will be a sellers market in the summer like there clearly was one at the trade deadline by not trading him?

FUCKING PAFTO FOR YOU :rollin
Always gettin a Sack of Magic Beans in the Deals for one reason or another
:lmao:lmao:lmao
We are losing DDR for nothing. Would’ve been nice to get a pick or a good young talent out of him. Oh well. It’s no accident this team sucks.

RC_Drunkford
02-12-2020, 05:55 PM
Pop once boasted that the Spurs didn't scout opponents in-season; they just concentrated on playing their game. In addition to preparing for an opponent, scouting enables a team to gather data on players around the league who might be trade/FA targets. The team's disinterest in trades and to a slightly lesser extent, FAs is probably further evidence of their lack of emphasis on scouting. The Dumbmar trade and Carroll signing would neatly fit that profile. Just another facet of the Spurs' arrogant insularity.

I don't believe that. Pop was probably trolling. Same thing with "We don't look at the standings" but when you watch Spurs championship DVDs the WCF rankings were right there in the locker room. Besides that none of us have scouted DeRozan and everybody here knew who he was before he even got here.

RC_Drunkford
02-12-2020, 05:56 PM
Interesting takes from Windhorst here, saying Spurs weren't shopping DeMar or LA and he thinks it's very likely DeRozan will opt in

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVvbMLZfdvA

Prime BEEF
02-12-2020, 05:59 PM
Interesting takes from Windhorst here, saying Spurs weren't shopping DeMar or LA and he thinks it's very likely DeRozan will opt in

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVvbMLZfdvA
Gross. They are running it back. lmao