PDA

View Full Version : What is this USC prank

Drachen
11-02-2005, 12:25 AM
I was at work and we had PTI on, but it was on mute (I work in a restaurant). One of their topics was "Did USC prank go to far." What prank are they talking about? I cant find anything and since the volume was down I didnt hear anything.

Edit: Nevermind, I found it, seems kinda lame that it was even news and that anyone thought it went too far.

hicksi
11-02-2005, 01:16 AM
Pretending to jump from a building.

WHAT A REAL DUMBASS.

Next week, he'll be telling the teammates that he's got a bomb in his carry-on luggage.

Suicides (even hoax-ones) just aren't funny.
ALL concerned need their asses handed to them by the college.
But we know that won't happen.

KewlKat00
11-02-2005, 02:24 AM
USC REPORT
Carroll Treats Team to a Little Trickery
By Gary Klein, Times Staff Writer

USC got into the Halloween spirit Monday as Coach Pete Carroll treated unsuspecting players and coaches to a perfectly executed trick play with help from running back LenDale White.

As the top-ranked Trojans went through stretching exercises, White irritably jawed with teammates and assistant coaches. The exchanges continued and with about 10 minutes remaining in practice, White barked at Carroll, saying he wasn't getting enough carries.

As stunned players looked on, Carroll yelled at White and told him to leave the field. White exited, followed through the gate by a group of reporters, and boarded a cart and angrily threw a pair of athletic gloves as he was whisked away.

After practice, Carroll told stunned players they could not let distractions get in the way and that the Trojans had lost players before and moved on.

Offensive line coach Pat Ruel interrupted Carroll and pointed to a six-story building beyond the practice field fence. From the top of the building, White was yelling in apparent anger.

Suddenly, a stuffed figure wearing White's No. 21 jersey fell from the rooftop, a few players gasping in disbelief while most erupted in relieved laughter.

"I thought it was real," wide-eyed long snapper Will Collins said.

White returned to the field laughing and said that Carroll had prepped him for the prank. "We wanted my teammates to really believe it," he said.

Added Carroll: "He was most convincing. He did a great job."

http://www.latimes.com/sports/college/usc/la-sp-uscrep1nov01,1,4985645.story?coll=la-headlines-sports-coll-usc&ctrack=1&cset=true

King
11-02-2005, 11:48 AM

WHAT A REAL DUMBASS.

Next week, he'll be telling the teammates that he's got a bomb in his carry-on luggage.

Lighten up - it wasn't even realistic looking in the least. It was obviously a dummy - and some guy threw it off.

Oh, Gee!!
11-02-2005, 11:52 AM
fake suicide

Dre_7
11-02-2005, 03:00 PM

WHAT A REAL DUMBASS.

Thing is, it was his coaches idea, so you cant really give him all the heat for it.

hicksi
11-02-2005, 04:04 PM
Thing is, it was his coaches idea, so you cant really give him all the heat for it.
The COACH should be taking the heat.
I doubt that the player has an IQ high enough to understand what he did.

The "joke" is moronic.
See what the consequences would be if their next opponents (CAL, isn't it?) played film of it on their scoreboard the first time they scored against USC.

samikeyp
11-02-2005, 04:26 PM
Sounds like something you would see at the University of Spoiled Children. :lol

Spurminator
11-02-2005, 04:30 PM
This is really a controversy? Slow news day, huh?

I hope ESPN doesn't have its cameras on me next time I'm in a boring meeting and pretend to slit my wrists.

N.Y. Johnny
11-02-2005, 08:32 PM
Hopefully Cal or UCLA beats them before they can get to play Texas and they all jump off a building

KewlKat00
11-02-2005, 09:49 PM
The COACH should be taking the heat.
I doubt that the player has an IQ high enough to understand what he did.

The "joke" is moronic.
See what the consequences would be if their next opponents (CAL, isn't it?) played film of it on their scoreboard the first time they scored against USC.

the next opponent is stanford. but i don't care if cal puts it on their scoreboard if they score, that doesn't mean they will win the game.

although suicide is not to be taken lightly, it is just a joke amongst a team. i am sure other programs do all sorts of things, but it just happens that sc has been winning alot and espn decided it was worthy of news. had we been having a 4-4 season not a soul would know about it... it would have just been a joke amongst a team.

Boo
11-02-2005, 10:19 PM
USC Suckas!

SO CAL REPRESENTTTT

USC >>>> Texas

Boo
11-02-2005, 10:21 PM
that prank was tight bluhd

u too uptight homie damn gettin all pissed over some joke

samikeyp
11-03-2005, 08:24 AM
USC Suckas!!